Speaker 1: Happy Friday, and here we go. Fred Rogan Rodney Pete on AM five to seventy LA Sports somewhat of a sprint, a two hour program for us today, Rodney, So we have to got to work hard and get it all in. Yeah, we do. Are you are you suggesting that we don't work hard? Is it two hour program? You guys don't want to work. You guys don't want to Well, you guys don't want to work. You know what I'm hearing. That's what I'm hearing. That's what I'm hearing. That's not what we're saying, but that's what he's hearing. Right. No, we want to work and we're ready to go for two hours. Let's get right to it. We touched on it at the end of the show yesterday, and for my purposes, I just think this is fascinating. Mike Tyson and Jake Paul. Jake Paul has built an incredible brand and a social media following. Jake Paul is a product of today's world. Jake Paul has worked very hard to become a professional fighter, and I don't think anyone can take that from him. He takes this very seriously. He wants to be a pro fighter, and in his journey he has pretty much fought some tomato cans on the way every time he fights. You're excited to watch him, you are, Yeah, I have been. I have watched some of these I'll be honest, I have watched some of them, and I'm always curious. And you're excited to watch him? Yeah? Do you think I was excited to see?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Are you one of those excited to watch him or excited to watch him get beat? I was excited to watch him and see what would happen. But I am of the opinion that throughout this journey he's really not fought anybody. He's a young fighter. He's sort of like a young fighter, and initially you're not going to fight guys that can really fight. The difference is with him, because of the build up and the notoriety, you're expecting more out of him, at least, I am so tonight against fifty eight year old Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson in his prime would murder him. It's not even a question. Don't debate it, you can't, you'll lose. But now he's fighting fifty eight year old Mike Tyson, who you still wouldn't want to meet in the ring, no, or back alley or you don't You definitely don't want to meet him there, but you don't want to meet him in the ring. That being said, what do you think of this matchup? Rodney? I get it? First of all, Let me let me just say that I get it. You said it right off the top bed. Jake Paul and the Paul Brothers have mastered today's world in the last ten years or so, as social media has exploded on the universe, they figured it out early on on how to monetize it, whether it be YouTube, whether it be videos on everywhere you can think of marketing themselves. They much like much like the Kardashians Fred who everybody you know has opinion about and people hate him and whatever, but they figured out a way how to market themselves in a way that created a billion dollar industry for themselves. The Paul brothers similar did the same thing, and you know, doing crazy stunts and all that kind of stuff on YouTube. But you're right about his passion for boxing. He's always had it. If you watch any of the back behind the scenes or anything, you know, this guy puts in the time he puts in the effort, he puts in the work, and that's what you want to see because it takes the gimmicky out of out of what he's doing. That being said, yeah, he hasn't fought real boxers. He's you know, fought a few MMA guys, guys that you know obviously in MMA you do it all, but that boxing was not their their real deal. I don't care. Mike Tyson's fifty eight years old. If you watch Mike Tyson over the last couple of years train and he puts out these videos of him training and him in the gym, Mike Tyson looked like he's thirty five years old. I mean he is for Jake Paul. Bad news for Jake Paul. Here's my here's my fear. Much like was its brother Logan? Right? Was it? Is it? Brother Logan was the one that fought Floyd? I think so. Yeah, that was a ridiculous situation. I mean they all talked about Floyd basically knocking him out and holding him up in the corner so he and fall and they keep the fight going. It was a one hundred percent money grab. There's no way in the world he goes the distance with Floyd Mayweather. It was just a stunt to make a lot of money. And they are making a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, they are tremendous entrepreneurs. But for me, this one, if this one is not one sided Mike Tyson, then I'm not buying it. I'm not buying that. The fix is not in, like we're not let's give him a show. We're gonna go. I'm not saying he got Mike's gonnaknock him out in the first round or has to knock him out in the second. But if it goes like it's back and forth and it goes to six, seven, eight rounds and it's looking close and all that, I'm not buying it. I'm not buying it at all. I mean, we're talking Mike Tyson that can still knock you out with one punch, and just just listen. I don't know if you've seen any clips, but listen to way Roy Jones. He's been on the inn you circul lately. Roy Jones talked about Mike and how hard he hits still who fought in that in that exhibition match that they had for three rounds. Roy said it was one of the few times he was ever scared in the ring because Mike. It is still hit and Mike was hard to hit. So look, I get it. We're in the entertainment business. This is entertaining. I'm sure it's gonna get crazy ratings. You know, everybody's gonna tune in. They're gonna pay for it. The stadium's gonna be packed. It's on Netflix. Yes, it's on Netflix. It's gonna be packed. I think it's at what it's at at and T Stadium in Dallas is gonna be packed. It's gonna go crazy, gonna be slebs all over the place. But if this thing is is not one sided Mike Tyson, then they have an agreement going forward. Okay, So I kind of look at it like this. If it's not and I don't think it'll happen, but if it's not one sided one way or the other, there was some sort of agreement going in and people are actually betting on this. I mean, look, let's say, Jake Paul, how are you betting on this? First of all, I mean, I'm not to cut you off. Why would you bet on this? Because no, I wouldn't. But people are because there's there's the there's that belief in the back of your mind that there's a fix in there's an agreement here in this fight, you know, I mean, dig Pul's fighting Mike Tyson. Come on. So I don't know why people are betting on this fight, but people are. I'm sorry, go ahead, No, Look, I think that's another point. Uh yeah, If there is in fact an agreement of some sort in there, well then it is fixed going in and people are betting on it. Right. If there's any kind of the slightest agreement about anything, well then it's fixed because we're predetermining the outcome. Even if the agreement is hey, if somebody gets hot here, we're not going to do it before the seventh round. Yeah. Here's the thing. I would bet the farm if it's not a first round knockout. I'm just could you see a first round knockout? And no, I couldn't. Yeah, And the other side of it is rodn It would be the only bet that I would make, is like, I g I bet whatever you I can bet that they will well will not be a first round knockout. But I think I take that bet. That's good. Yeah, Yeah, I got that. I think Netflix is in the mix. All right, guys, come on now, and nobody knock anybody out in the first round. We need this to go a little bit, make it worth our while. Yes, yeah, but here's the thing you said. If you know, if Tyson really hadn't dominated, and I'll flip it. Let's say for whatever reason, Tyson's lost a step, Tyson slow, he's not what Roy Jones said, who knows, who cares. Let's say Jake Paul is really now dominant for whatever reason that happened. I would buy it. If one or the other is dominate, Jake Paul is dominant over Mike Tyson. You buy that? That what I'm saying. But I'm saying from the eye test, Mike Tyson is really getting beat. It's not like a dance. I mean, I'm saying, if Jake Paul is beating up Mike Tyson for seven rounds and dominating for seven rounds, you're buying that. I would the hell is wrong with you? Wait, Kevin, would you buy that? Kevin?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Not, one hundred percent. Ronnie, would you buy that?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: But here's why. Here's why you're all wrong. Because if that were to happen, No, Seriously, if that were to happen, that would mean because Tyson's not taking a dive or taking a step back, that's not how he rolls. So I'm saying, if Jake Paul, for whatever bizarre reason, was dominant, it's because he was dominant because Tyson let him be dominant. You think Tyson would sit there, Rodney, and you've met Mike, you may even know him. You think he would sit there and say, oh, yeah, you know what, I'll let it go eight, no problem. What do I make dominant? You saying let's he can let What I'm saying, so it can't be fixed if one of them is overpowering. If one of them is overpowering, it can't be fixed. I think it'll be Tyson. But if on the off chance it was Jake Paul, that tells me dominant, dominant, dominant for six rounds and then what Mike knocks him out in the seventh, or Jake Paul goes on and still be dominant and and and finishes mic Off? What do you get that? So if Jake Paul is dominant in the fight and finishes mic Off and wins it, you're saying there's no fix involved, correct, And I also believe if why are you making that face? And I also believe if Tyson does that, if he just comes out and pounds the crap out of him, there's no fix. I'm saying, if one person is domin there's not a fix. That's what I'm saying. If it's as back and forth and a little song and a little dance and a little Seltzer in your pants, and we keep moving around and somebody gets it once in a while, okay, then I'm thinking, yeah, maybe they have an agreement. Let it go seven, let it go eight. Yeah, But I think if one guy is absolutely dominant. The only belief I have that's one guy dominant is if Mike Tyson is dominant over Jake Paul. Do you think Mike tell me yes at fifty eight one? Have you seen him train? No? No, no, no, no no no. That's not what I'm saying. You think Mike Tyson would agree, because that's what we're discussing here. You think Mike Tyson would agree to take a step back and let it go open. I'm saying it's not gonna happen. You're saying, if either one of them or not, I said that only the only person that would be dominant is Mike Tyson in this fight. He would be the only one dominant for six seven rounds. If Jake Paul is dominant for six seven rounds, I'm not buying it at all. I'm not buying it on one second. I mean, who he's not shown that he can fight a quality fighter at all, like a true boxer. Like even even going back to the Connor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather fight, right, I mean, look, God blessed Connor McGregor, one of the greatest MMA guys of all time, put the MMA for the UFC on the map. He took it to a whole different level with his his curate you know, his charisma and his style and him winning and dramatic finishes and all that kind of stuff. But he was not even close in the ring with Floyd Mayweather. And Floyd carried him. He knew as long as that fight was and then just dominating him at the end and did whatever he wanted to do. He knew, Okay, we're gonna let this go eight rounds and then I'll finish him at eight. But he could have finished him earlier than that, and his greatest. Connor will as he's not the boxer, and I think vice versa. If Floyd jumps into MMA ring, Connor could finish him in thirty seconds and but wouldn't and probably would make it last for three rounds in this case. No, the only dominant performer in this case that I would believe is if Mike is the dominant one. All right, well, let's hear from Jake Paul when he was questioned about fighting real fighters.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is Jacob Detamore with the ticket in Dallas's question is for Jake. Jake, you were just talking about your career and how it's grown, and you've said in the past and you want to be taken seriously as a boxer. So if that is your goal, when can we expect you to start fighting legitimate contending fighters in your given weight class.
Speaker 4: I think you're the same dumbass from the other venue as that question. He didn't answer you, and you're sitting here disrespecting Mike Tyson into his face once again. I think that he's a serious boxer. He he walks away.
Speaker 1: All right, what do you say that responds it's a cop out. It's a cop out. He asked a legitimate question, why haven't you fought anybody, fought anybody in your weight class that is a legitimate contender. There's a simple question. It wasn't disrespecting Mike Tyson. It was like, how why you're you're doing all these circuits, these these kind of big venue and I get it. You're doing it on your own terms. You're making a lot more money than Bob Ahm or Don King could get you, probably, and you're doing it your way. And I have no problem with that. I have no problem with guys with their own you know, podcasts and their own accounts, you know, setting the record straight for themselves. I believe in empowering the individual. But there's something to be said that he hasn't fought a real like have you weight contender Tyson Fury or you know, even a recent retired Clitchkoe or somebody like that. Why haven't fought one of those guys or a couple of those guys leading up to this. That's a legitimate question, and he copped out by throwing it on Mike Tyson, telling the guy who was disrespecting Mike Tyson, Kevin, do you think this is legit tonight.
Speaker 5: No, and h tak you back off of what the gentleman from the Dallas Star or whatever he's from asked, Like, until you fight a legitimate fighter, I'm not gonna take any of this stuff seriously, washed up MMA guys. Yeah, with all due respect to Mike Tyson who's sixty years old, no fight Deontay Wilder.
Speaker 3: Then I'll take you seriously.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, fight somebody in their prime who is a legitimate one two, three, five fifth contender in boxing. Then we can then we can have a real and fight him in a twelve round about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twelve rounds three minutes around, because I think tonight's only two minutes around, right, so actual professional boxing rules apply. Then I'll take you seriously, win or lose, because you can show yourself well and still lose him.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, respect, Right, he's got Yeah, he's got respect. He can he can hold his own. But in the back of I can't. In the back of everybody's mind, whenever they fight, it's like there's an agreement going on, and you can't cry trying to be legitimate. If you're not willing to go somewhat legitimate, Okay, I'll fight whoever sign me up, I'll fight. I'll go through three fights. It would have been better if you went through three fights, and he could have fought. Doesn't have to be the top ten contender. He could have been a fighting the top twelve contender leading up to this Mike Tyson fight, so we could see him in a real sanction WBC, WBA, whatever twelve round about with a heavyweight, a real heavyweight boxer, then I'll take you serious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you don't even have to fight someone serious like Wilder Joshua. Look at the WBC's you know, top fifteen ranking and fight number fifteen and fourteen and thirteen and wake your way up like everybody else does.
Speaker 3: But those are at least legitimate boxers.
Speaker 1: Do anythink it plays out tonight, Kevin?
Speaker 3: I think Tyxon wins. I think Tyxon knocks him out.
Speaker 1: Well, then that would tell me it's legit, and that's real and and knowing, and I do know Mike, And look, look, nobody's nobody's immune to a big payday. This this be be be clear about that. And and certainly not, certainly not Mike, and we saw certainly Floyd was not either. But I also know Mike is extremely prideful, and Mike is one of those guys that as much as you think you have something or an agreement going on, Mike gets in the ring, Mike's a different guy. Everything goes out the window. So that's what I'm I'm expecting to see is, Yes, we talked about this, Mike it easy for the first four rounds, but that ain't in Mike's makeup, and he turns in into a different person when he crosses the line or steps into the ring.
Speaker 5: And I would even say for it, even if it is legit one hundred percent only up and up, it still doesn't matter because you're fighting someone who could be your father, right in some sense his grandfather. I guess I don't know, Like so I can't take that seriously regardless of what happens, regardless of if it's a legit, on the up and up fight or not.
Speaker 1: Cause you mentioned I mean it, could you know, get into the third round and at fifty eight, Mike, no matter how long he's trained, whatever, stamina wise, he's ran out of gas.
Speaker 3: We ain't never had much stamina. Yeah, I never had much stamin it's to begin with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that could be the case. Where that's why you fight somebody younger and and figure it out if you if this is legit, because if it does, you know, lasts longer and longer. It's like, oh, you know, Mike's gonna get tired. Mike gets tired, he gets caught by one and then all have done. People go crazy. Well, you still think this can be legit? Okay, you don't think it's legit. I'm just saying you can be legit. I think if somebody knocked My point is when it comes down to is it legit. If somebody gets knocked out, that's legit. If somebody gets knocked out, there's no agreement here. Somebody got knocked out. Boom. Let me ask you this is there any shot this is Is there any shot that Jake Paul gets knocked out in the first two rounds? Yes, there is. You're saying there is. I'm saying in the second round he could get knocked out. Yes, you just said Tyson's prideful he is, okay, and I agree with that. You think if he's got a shot, he's not gonna take it again. It goes back to the agreement, goes back to the agreement. I'm not saying that you know Mike's gonna lay down. He's not gonna lay down, but there's no first round knockout. And Tonight's thing too much hype, too much build up, too much money involved, not a first round knockout or a second round knockout. All right, let me ask you this. So let's say Tyson does get him, knocks him out at some point, all right, and you think that's what's gonna happen if this is legit. So if Tyson knocks him out, what does that do to Jake Paul He just got beat by a fifty eight year old man. Yeah, it does, but I don't think it does a whole lot because he's he's willing to step in the ring, and I think people will give him even probably give me more respect because he did get in the ring and traded punching with Mike Tyson. Fifty eight or not, He's still Mike Tyson. And you know, for a certain period of time, Mike can still be Mike. Now, Mike can't be Mike for twelve rounds, Mike can't be Mike for six rounds, But for two or three rounds, Mike Tyson can knock anybody out and and I think people will give him, give him respect to that level, but he still's got it. He still has to fight a contender, a real contender, and and like Kevi said, doesn't have to be the number one contender in a WBC, a WBA, but it could be fifteen, fourteen, thirteen, twelve and and and do one of those or two of those fights where we can see you fight a legitimate boxer that has that will definitely not let an amateur come in and and and take away his status as a boxer. I mean, those guys will never compromise in terms of I'm trying to build myself up and fight for a championship. I'm gonna lose to a YouTuber. There's no way in the world at the top, you know, say that the eighth ranked boxer in the WBC is going to do that. So fight one of those guys that you know is gonna come in ready to go, and then I'll then I'll give you legitimacy, or.
Speaker 5: You know, sign up with a big I know he has his own thing and he's making money, but sign up with an actual, legit, big time promotion, because then that takes away any notion that there's somebody's on the take or there's something going on.
Speaker 1: Go to Oscar de la Hoya and sign and do promoting with him. Right, all right, So here's the question at A six nine eighty seven, because I think this is something folks are going to be talking about, uh before the fight, we are after the fight, I think all weekend long in your mind? Is this legit? You have Jake Paul trying to build a career. He's done it in social media, he's done it virally. He's trying to build a career as a boxer. Rodney mentioned he works out. He's in the gym. You can see that. So he's got skills. Don't get me wrong, he's got skills. I mean you watch him. He is. He's definitely got boxing skills and it's really worked at it. I'm not taking that away from him at all. All right, So he's got that. His next opponent is fifty eight year old Mike Tyson. So A is this legit? Do you think there's been any type of agreement? What's soever heading in? And B? Who do you think wins A six six nine eighty seven two five seventy Be curious to hear what people have to say about this, because this I think this will be a defining moment in Jake Paul's career one way or the other. So do you think there's an agreement going in? And who do you think wins? A six six nine eight? Oh, yes it is you hear the music. It is a Friday, and you know what on Fridays? You know what? No, we don't, absolutely not. Rodney Pete Rogan as he come out of the ring wearing his ray his red robe and red shorts and red shoes. Freddy Rogan steps into the ring. Baby, ain't no fixing that one? Know that there would be a fixing that one. I would take a dive immediately. There would not even be one about it. I'm going down in the first Ready, you going down? I'm going That doesn't bother me. Give me the money. I'll never do it again. But what do you think is this thing rigged or not? And who do you think will win? Frank and Luck Rossina. We appreciate your holding. Now you agree with Rodney on this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, gentlemen, yeah, one hundred. I'll tell you what people are forgetting and I'll be trying. I'll try to be brief. Mike Tyson was the most feared man on the planet. And I granted he's fifty seven years old. This guy's a puffed up HDH talking about Jake Paul clown and when Mike Tyson hits him, and I think Mike Tyson has too much pride to take a dive. Okay, when he hits them with one of those hooks to his body, this guy is going to be one that he's gonna want to crawl back to the cradle. Okay, So I think he's I think it's out in three. That's it, no no questions asked. And you know, I agree with Rodney as far as, like with the top fifteen boxers, I'll take it a step further. I think those the top fifteen guys could beat this guy with one hand behind their back. Anyway, I love your show.
Speaker 1: You guys have a great weekend. Take appreciate that. I agree. I don't think he stands a chance against the twelfth ranked WC boxer. I think that, you know, going twelve round with that guy. Until I see it, I don't believe he can't because I just don't. He's not really been tested. And I agree with him. A fifty eight year old Mike Tyson A couple of body blows.
Speaker 3: Mmm.
Speaker 1: If it's real, he ain't, he ain't. He ain't gonna stand in there very long roll only I e.
Speaker 7: You think it's rigged, You know, I think I think this fight in a sense has been has been agreed upon between the two parties. And and uh, you know, you remember Mike Tyson when he fight Roy Jones.
Speaker 8: There was no shots to the face. They were bigger gloves, so you know, and that makes sense for Mike Tyson to to you know, take the baggy right now while he still can. But more important than that, Tellers, it's Friday. You guys don't care. And I appreciate you guys talking boxing man born and raised in East l A right Dodgers than Raiders. Man boxing is keen man. There get more into this on Fridays then right, Ah.
Speaker 1: There you go. Appreciate it, Raoul, thanks for the call. Let's go to uh, let's see Glen Dora. You think it's rigged.
Speaker 9: I don't necessarily think it's rigged. I think there is some agreements there. I mean, for starters, they are wearing fourteen outs gloves and the times are restricted, and I think Michael probably pull it off if he gets one of his shots in. He's very powerful. Like Rodney said, he's a different animal when he gets in the ring. Mike, he's he's kind of a crazy man. And one more thing I want to say. I love the man, but could somebody have told Clayton Kershon not to take his shirt off when he was the World Series.
Speaker 1: He's celebrating that dad bod man. Come on, thanks Carlos. Appreciate that dad bods are coming back. That's what people are saying. They are, they really are. That's why I'm taking my shirt off. Oh no, sarcus in Santa Clarita. You don't think this is legit?
Speaker 10: It No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: Look, Mike Tyson has about forty million reasons to get in this ring, and Jake Paul is just trying to build his brand. It's an obvious uh uh predetermines whatever they're going to do in there, and they're probably going to do a rematch. But you know, I can't believe.
Speaker 6: I can't believe Mike.
Speaker 10: He's just trying to get one last bag before the sun sets on him and be on his way.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's rigged, all right, thanks RCUs. Yeah, and he makes he makes an interesting point. You know, if it does to your point, Freddie, it goes you know, it's it's legit, and you're saying it's it happens to be dominated by Jake Paul and he wins in a decision. There comes a rematch because it's like, oh no, I gotta have a rematch if I'm Mike Tyson or vice versa. Mike dominates him early and knocks him out. Jack Paul and Will say, you know he caught me. I wasn't really ready, you know, I want to rematch and let's let's run it back. So I believe that they're setting this up. I think in some way, shape or fashion to have multiple fights. Uh nima ino thousand. Oh do you think a script is written for this one?
Speaker 11: Listen? The only thing that scripted is gonna be Mike Tyson and Jake Paul walking down to the ring. Let me tell you, did anyone watch Evander Holyfield at fifty eight the last time he got in the ring. He got tk O pretty quick. I love Mike Tyson, we all love Mike Tyson. He's probably gonna come out swinging, might even clip Jake poll right in the beginning, but Jake Pole's gonna adjust and tkoh him. This is the ultimate ultimate sports robbery minus two hundred money lines, Jake Pole, don't even think about it. Bet the house on it.
Speaker 6: This is the ultimate robbery.
Speaker 1: So you're saying is legit, It's gonna be legit Jake Paul knocks him out.
Speaker 11: This is absolutely legit. I mean, look, we love Mike Tyson, we hope, we hope he's gonna win. But Jake Paul, if you guys have been watching his videos, I mean, he's pretty legit himself, and he's there's no way he's going to let Tyson knock him out. That's his His career is over if Mike Tyson knocks him out, which I think we all hope would happen. But let's be real. Tyson's gonna come in there, he's gonna get gassed out within forty five seconds to a minute, and we're gonna see him go all out and he's going to probably clip Jake Paul, which, oh my god.
Speaker 9: Is gonna give that hype.
Speaker 8: Everyone's gonna think.
Speaker 11: He's gonna do it. Jake Paul will adjust and he will tkoh Mike Tyson. The ref won't let Mike Tyson go down. He won't let him get knocked out. Instead, a quick tko boom, we all get paid.
Speaker 1: Let's go Nema, thank you. He got it all mapped out. He's got this quest written for this one. He knows what's gonna happen. Yeah, he said, bet the house, bet the house. Let's go in LA. No, you think Tyson might win.
Speaker 12: I think Tyson could win. I don't think this is necessarily rigged, but I mean, come on, it is a fifty eight year old fighter, so you know it's not the same as the regular fights. But I wouldn't say Rodney. I think he might not at least try to knock Jake Paul out in the first or second round. You remember in his heyday, that was this thing. He came out those first and two rounds. You could not miss those rounds or you might miss the entire fight. So I think he may come in and hit him with those kidney punches. I called Jake Paul going now with a kidney punch. Mike is smart, he knows how to box, and you've seen his videos. You've got some power. You can hit one of those kidney shots and your whole body goes numb. So I think it's gonna be fun to watch. I don't think it's legit, legit in that he's still fifty eight years old, but I don't think it's gonna be scripted. I think Jake Paul has too much pride trying to show that he's a real boxer, and we know Mike more than likely has too much pride. Just roll over it and be part of from Hollywood saga. So I think it's gonna be fun to watch more so than the other uh, you know, the yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 13: So I think thanks for the call.
Speaker 1: Wrap it up here our buddy on the app in Knoxville, Jesse, Jesse, you don't think this thing is uh is predetermined? Do you?
Speaker 13: I do not, man. I don't think Iron Mike would take part in something that wasn't completely legit. And I'm gonna tell you something else, man. Everybody talking about AHw, he's fifty eight. He is fifty eight. This is not your average fifty eight year old man. This is Mike Tyson who has lived a life fighting for his life. I'm gonna tell you something, guys, maybe I'm a fool, but for my money, Mike is not only gonna beat him, Mike's gonna punish this fool.
Speaker 1: All right. There you go, Mike's gonna punish this fool. All right. Well, thanks for the calls, and we'll see what happen happens tonight. The fight should start around eight o'clock Pacific. I think there are six bouts leading under the main event and you can see it on Netflix. We have some news on Bruce Star Graderol of the Dodgers Rodney. He had laboram surgery and he is going to be available to start the second half of twenty twenty five. So he'll miss the first half after having laboram surgery. Interesting. Otani had laborom surgery. Yeah, he did, and he'll be ready to pitch opening day. Well, he won't be We're to hit on his left on his left shoulder though, right right.
Speaker 3: No, he will be ready to hit on opening day. He will not be ready to pitch quite on opening day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but they he will even it was his left shoulder, It wasn't his pitching shoulder. Correct, Okay, he'll pitch before Gradol will.
Speaker 5: He absolutely will, Yes, But to Rodney's point, it was his non throwing shoulder, so that's why he'll have a quick quicker recovery coming back.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rams take on New England, and when we come back, the man with the insight, the dubber will join us. Uh huh, that's right. If it's Friday, Today's Afternoon Delight is Demons by Asap Berg this Denzel Curry assist. The track is one of twelve songs that appears on the rapper's new album, entitled Darryl W's, debuted last weekend. We're talking about the project and an interview, thirty six year old MC said, I think helping my people is my purpose and what better way to do that than by using myself and my stories as an example. I'm getting wiser and I've lived a lot of life. It's okay to grow up and that's what I want to show my community on this album again, Today's Afternoon Delight is Demons by Asap Berg and Denzel Curry. All Right, Rams and New England on Sunday, Let's bring on the men. Who was all about the Rams the insider He said the offense would struggle last week, and he was right. Jerry Weinstein, director of the Laker telecasts on Spectrum known as the Dubba. Yeah, here comes the Dubber. All right, so Jerry, good afternoon.
Speaker 6: What's the fellas Jared's Dubba the Dubba talk to us.
Speaker 14: Oh man, I can't believe how bad the Rams looked on Monday night.
Speaker 13: That was so disappointing.
Speaker 14: I was so fired up from the week before when we pulled out that game in overtime against Seattle, and then to watch what they did on Monday night. Sometimes I wonder about boy genius. I like to call coach McVeigh boy genius. He just did not call a great game. The offensive line did a poor job, and we really embarrassed ourselves on Monday night in front of a national TV audience.
Speaker 1: Well, Jerry, why do you think they were flat? Well?
Speaker 14: I think Fred we had three guys come back off at injuries on the offensive line, so our chemistry on the offensive line was terrible. Joe Nobuom did a horrible job at right tackle. He's doubtful this weekend, so we don't have to worry about him. And then we had our center and guard come back, Jackson and Avila, and they just did not do a good job. Our offensive line was kind of clicking, and the changes I think hurt our chemistry, and we were not protecting Stafford and we did not adjust during the game, the shorter quick plays.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, double, wait a minute, Wait a minute, what's up? But I thought, as you mentioned, I thought we had the boy genius. I thought we had McVay, who was the genius of all. We praised him the first two years. Oh, he can do it all. He's the genius, he's the guru, he's all of these things. What happened? What happened to the guru?
Speaker 9: Supposed to be a superstar head.
Speaker 1: Coach and could do anything you do no wrong for a period of time.
Speaker 14: I think that his play calling has kind of been stale, Like we're still calling the same plays that we called seven years ago. I think we need to adjust that a little bit. And I think our red zone offense has been terrible. If you look at the staffs, we're like down at the bottom of the league in the red zone and that's really hindering ourselves. And we're kicking a lot of field goals. You don't win, Rodney, you know this. You don't win by kicking field goals. You win by getting touchdowns, and that's been a problem for the Rams this year. And let me tell you something. The defense is keeping the Rams in the game. They were supposed to have one of the worst defenses in the league. Well yeah, not right now. They're playing good ball on defense. The offense isn't holding up their end of the bargain right now.
Speaker 1: So that being said, dumber and they're playing to win one. I mean, they really can't afford another loss to a bad team or they'll be eliminated. Don't you think, Oh.
Speaker 14: This is a must win situation. They have to win this game this weekend, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 14: New England is coming off a big win at Chicago. Their defense is tough. They help Chicago to three points. So our offense has its work cutout for him this weekend. The problem with New England is their offense. They got a rookie quarterback. He's getting better and better, Drake May. But I think our defense can control their offense. It's just a matter of Stafford, Puka and Cup and Kyron getting it going this weekend for the offense.
Speaker 1: God dab I mean, listen, I still think Stafford is one of the top five quarterbacks in this league, if not top three, in terms of talent level, and when he has his people around him, he's a good it gets and can make every single throw and make some ones that not a whole lot of people can make. But has the window closed on this team in this rams run that they've had with Sean McVay, who we put on a big time pedestal and now you know he's just an ordinary guy.
Speaker 14: I don't think the window has closed. I think they may have to retool a little bit. I'm not sure how much Stafford has left. He's really good when he has a clean pocket, but he's not very elusive, and if he gets sacks, he can make mistakes if he gets pressure. Now, I really think they've done a great job drafting the last couple of years, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They've got a lot of young guys that are really going to be stars in this league. And I think we're just sudjusting off of Aaron Donald retiring and we had some injuries. So it's hard to judge this year right now. But let's hope that we could go on a run in these last eight games. I'm thinking we need to win at least six of these eight games to have a shot at making the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Good, Dubba, all right.
Speaker 14: Hey, hey, Fred, how about my Lakers? We got to talk about Lakers for a second.
Speaker 1: All all right, Dubber, go ahead, Dubba, Welcome.
Speaker 14: Our home has been unbelievable. We're undefeated at home and the road has been a different story. Tonight, we have a tough game at San Antonio against when Bayana. We need to go in there and take care of business. But my guy, Lebron James, how about this guy forty years old? Come on, shooting the best he's ever shot in his life. He's gotten three straight, Yeah, criple doubles, and he's like playing as good as he's ever played in his life.
Speaker 1: All Right, we gotta go, Dubble, we gotta go.
Speaker 14: All right, Fred, all right, fellas, there.
Speaker 1: He goes the dumber. I thought his ram stuff was good. I don't know why he went off into the Lakers, but I thought I thought he was good on the ram run. You know he was gonna cover the whole gamut. Fred, you know he's a Dubber. He does it all. He's a dumber. He does it all. Oh my god, all right. Uh, when we come back, the Dodgers pursuit, or lack thereof, of Juan Soto