Speaker 1: Two things going on that have nothing to do with the emails and things like that. I talked about this on the show this morning. Getting a tattoo later today of my dog Josie's pawprint on my inside of my arm inside my forum. And I got it with a kit on Amazon, probably three or four months ago, because somebody said, what you don't want to do is when they're gone, is to be struggling to get their pawprint, because it's just sad and it's kind of pathetic that they're gone and there you are. So I ordered the paw print kit and it's one where you don't get ink on the paw. It kind of it's kind of hard to explain. There's no need, but it gives you like several different pawprints and I got three and I picked my favorite one and then I smudged it because I picked it up with my thumb and I smudged it. But I think I can still salvage it.
Speaker 2: Someone texted in saying that you should print it, and I actually did print it for you, so it's out on the printer.
Speaker 1: How did you print it?
Speaker 2: I just took a screenshot of your Instagram. Oh yeah, but I'm not sure if it's going to turn out.
Speaker 1: Well, why are you so nice and sometimes and then so difficult other times?
Speaker 3: I like to switch it up.
Speaker 1: Now, that is so funny. Okay, So that's today, and then I'm going to get a tattoo with Carson. He's obviously going to get something on his own. And then the other announcement is my daughter Allison's having.
Speaker 2: A third baby.
Speaker 3: So she's we did kind of know about this her a little bit. Yeah, but she's kind of far along now at this point, right.
Speaker 1: I'd say four ish months or so something like that.
Speaker 2: She's showing I don't know, definitely showing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then Gwen took her first step yesterday. So that's Chase's daughter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's little.
Speaker 1: Though, right, she's not even a year old. I think March twenty eighth is her birthday.
Speaker 2: That normal to walk around before you're a year old.
Speaker 1: It depends, Yeah, it depends on the baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some babies walk it ten months, some walk it like, you know, like much older.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: My niece took a while to walk, but my nephew learned pretty quickly. But I think he learned because he was watching my niece.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean. So I think that that helped him.
Speaker 3: But also he's like a very he's either going to be in jail or like a professional athlete, or like a CEO.
Speaker 4: There's like, we're not entirely sure, yeah, because he's just a rebel. But he's really smart. But he's also a little shit so yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this though. This is what I've noticed with with kids and what they turn out to be like when they grow up. Sometimes there's a vast difference and sometimes there's not. Carson was a wildly funny, entertaining, weird kid. Talked all the time, and I used to have to say, Carson, stop talking. And I wonder if that affected him, because now he's sometimes painfully shy, and he's grown up and he's matured, and he realizes that you can't be shy and be all the things that you want to be. Yea, you can't be a shy CEO. You got to kick some ass and you know, bust some balls if you want to be a CEO. So he's learned to kind of fake it, and I think that's kind of what I learned to do. I was very shy when I was just like him. I was an obnoxious little fuck of a kid, always trying to be funny, always getting in trouble, never serious trouble. But then I became shy around high school, and then I stayed shy until I learned how to not be shy by talking to people on the radio. And now I'm not shy. But I'm also not extroverted, right, No.
Speaker 2: I feel that. I I mean, I've always been super obnoxious. My mom would be like uh huh uh huh every time I talked, and I think same thing. She thought, this kid talks the way too much, but she never called me out on it. And I still talk too much, but now I am self conscious about it, so, you know, just cute.
Speaker 1: But I think talking too much is a good thing in radio, and I always tell people in radio, I'd rather have you talk too much and then have somebody coach you to back it off a little bit than to be like, give me something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like give me anything.
Speaker 1: What do you think three girls? I think anybody who has two girls or two boys probably wants the third one to be the other job.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. Are they bombed?
Speaker 1: No, they're not bummed.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 1: Okay, but they girls run so heavy in my family. I could read you the statistics from my grandparents, Helen and Fred. They had probably Of all the siblings that have expunged from uteruses since then, I'd say probably ninety percent have been girls. Nice Chase had a girl, Beth had one girl and a boy. Allison's got three girls. My dad had four girls. His brother had four girls. His other brother had four girls, three girls and an adopted boy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So girls are very prevalent in our family.
Speaker 2: Cool. They run the world.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see what we got here. Are going to push the right tab. Okay, here we go. Now this goes back a little bit, and I promise to give you an update on Wanita. Months ago did a rant about how she was at Target and ran into a little kid who was calling a bitch and a stupid bitch and I want this, you bitch, bitch been so Wannita stepped in and said, I am your worst enemy. Don't you talk to your mom that way. Fast forward, they're at this convenience store somewhere Onannita runs into this mom. The mom says, oh my god, you changed my kid. He is now like you know, so much better, and one Nita wrote in and told us about that. Now we hear from the mom Wow, who also chance in a million listens to the Minnesota Goodbye, and I promise you I'm not making this up. I wouldn't make this up. I'm not that creative. Please don't say my name. It's my first time writing to your show. As a matter of fact, I just started listening to your podcast since I've been on medical leave. I heard a podcast featuring Miss Juanita from December third entitled I'm Your Worst Nightmare. This particular episode was very interesting to me because I am that woman who had the unruly child target. I always wanted to know who she is because she's my hero. Backstory, my son is nine and for years all he heard was his father called me all kinds of names like bitch, hohor good for nothing. His dad was very negative and physically and mentally abusive, and he would do this right in front of our son, so quite naturally, my son picked these names up from him. My husband, now, my son's stepdad, is the complete opposite, and my son loves him because he is still very but he still becomes very disrespectful to me. In public when I don't let him have his way. My current husband's tried talking to him, and it works for a little while, and he goes right back to the same thing. Fast forward to Jannita. Everything she said in the podcast was true. She looked my son dead in the eyes and said, if you call this lady a bitch one more time, I will rip your tongue out and wipe it with a clorox wipe.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 1: He then tried to get smart with her and literally pushed me to the side and got even closer to his face, and she said, I'm the last woman you want to curse at, because I can make your life very hard. I'm your worst fucking nightmare. The whole store clapped, and even though I was so embarrassed, I wanted to thank her for doing that, because I've been not been able to control him ever since that incident. I've not heard a peep out of him at Homer in public. Whenever we go go out. He looks around as if he's looking to see if she's around, if she's listening. If you read my email, I want to say say thank you, miss Juanita, for straightening out my kid. I also want to say I love your show and everyone on it, and keep doing what you do. Also, if there are any parents out there who have children that are out of control, call Juanita. That is such a great story that kind of came ship. Yeah, I will say at nine years old, that little kid, it was time he learned respect. I can almost see that from a four or five year old, not that it's okay, no, but from a nine year old.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have friends that like kind of talk back to their parents. I did, because every time I went to a friend's house and they even like were sarcastic to their parent, I would be like, I can't believe you're talking to your mom like that. Yeah, I would not. I mean, I'm never got like whooped or anything, but I can't imagine talking back to my mom. I can't imagine I would have gotten into so much trouble. So when I witnessed other kids doing it, oh believe it.
Speaker 3: Never forget a Christmas one year, my older sister Rachel said something kind of snarky to my mom, and the next thing I know, I see like her and my uncle coming out of like one of the bedrooms down the hall, and she looks like frazzled. And then I find out later that my uncle like pulled her to the side and like scolded her and freaked out on her for like disrespecting my mom.
Speaker 4: And honestly, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It was like a normal like kids situation, but he was like going through some shit with like his kids in a divorce and stuff, and I think he took it out on my sister.
Speaker 4: But for a while, it was really awkward.
Speaker 3: With our uncle Joe, and he was like our favorite. We loved him, and he like, in my opinion, I don't think it was his place to do what he did, but it was like a little bit awkward at family holidays for a while because we were like kind of nervous to be around him.
Speaker 2: Because he got mad. Yeah, okay, yeah, I was never ever disrespectful of my dad.
Speaker 1: Never he caught me flipping him off one time because he was not I didn't expect him to show up around the corner, but we were doing it's a long story. He wanted me to do something. I didn't want to do it, and so he said get outside and do it now. So I had to go outside and do it. And I was putting my shoes on and I flipped him off from around the corner. And he came around the corner and he saw me double flipping him off. Oh no, and he didn't say anything because he knew that now, that would really be trouble and I was already in trouble. But I never disrespected my dad ever. But my mom I would mouth off to her all the time. I don't know why, because she kind of let me get away with it. I was a little Lisa and if I could go back and tell my mom, and I think I did, like, I'm so sorry for being such a little shit. Yeah, but I got away with it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I think because I was the youngest and I was her favorite. Okay, we're gonna move on to something completely different. Catching up on the podcast, I noticed there were two episodes back to back that cut off before the end of the podcast, literally cutting off Jenny in the first one and Dave in the second one. They were I Get It Now and fish Porn.
Speaker 2: Yes I am, I've been told about it and I'm going to try and fix it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Not sure if you all caught that, but I thought i'd let you know because they abruptly ended even before they were finished. Anyway, I was listening. I want to share some advice after hearing about the woman who wrote in and talked about her miscarriage and how it happened. I'm not a woman, and I at the moment don't have any plans to pro create, but hearing these stories makes me emphasis empathize with women who've had to endure such a tragedy. I can't help specifically with this type of loss, but what I can suggest because this helps me, is trying to find something you know you love doing, no matter what, and making time each day to do that. When my father passed during COVID, I had to force myself to go outside. Luckily, I have dogs that needed walking, so it wasn't that hard. I also loved riding my bike, so I'd go on long bike rides so that I could do something that didn't require much thought, while also allowing me to clear my mind and get fresh air listening to music that makes me happy. Like Dave says, motion equals emotion. Again, I'm not saying this is the best way for her, but this is something that I did as part of my grieving process. Another suggestion from my therapist is to give yourself some time alone where you allow yourself to cry. Instead of bottling up those tears or holding it all in, letting those out is a necessary part of grieving. So allow a few minutes or whatever amount of time you feel is right to let those emotions come out where you know you can feel safe, be unbothered, and not need to explain to someone why. Then when time is up, clear your mind, clean yourself up, and move on to another task you need to tackle. I hope this helps all right, Dart Liquor extraordinary.
Speaker 4: That's really nice advice.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you some advice on when your parents die. Okay, Now, neither of you two are parents, so you wouldn't quite get this. But one day, if you are parents, you'll understand, and if you're a parent, you will understand this too. I have a friend, Denise, that I've known since junior high and Denise's you know, about my age and her and she's single. She had a bad marriage, no kids, and she doesn't have a lot of money, so her social options for vacation and things like that are sort of limited. And her parents both died pretty close to each other. Ten or fifteen years ago, and she has kind of put her life on pause because she's so sad that her parents are gone and she misses them all the time and she thinks about them all the time, and that's wonderful than whatever. But as a parent, I will tell you, when your parents die, the last thing your parent would want you to do is to be so eternally sad that you can't get on with your life. Because if I think of like when I die one day, I demand that my kids be sad for a certain period. I demand it. I demand they be sad and cry and pull out my old things and cry. I demand it for a short time. But then I want them to be happy because I do not want the idea of my kids being eternally affected by me being gone. So one day, if you you know, if you lose your parents one day, and you know that's the situation for most of us, just know that as a parent, they will want you to be okay. They will not want you to eternally be affected. They want you to be the same person. They want you to be happy. So one day, when Sin goes to the big landscape in the sky, you can be you know, she demands that you'd be sad for a period of time, of course, and then get on with being Jenny. Yeah, okay, and that's going to do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. What do we miss? Is there anything that you thought of that we should talk about? Send an email to Ryan's show at kadiwb dot com.