Speaker 1: Hello, my friend.
Speaker 2: Hello, we are back for episode two of Are you ready for it?
Speaker 3: B Gay Solve Crime?
Speaker 1: That's it?
Speaker 4: Yes, And you know what's so crazy is like I didn't get it until I said it out loud and everybody else was like, duh, that's everywhere.
Speaker 2: So for those who may not know, it's a play off of Begay Do Crime. So that's like a a saying that's out there. As far as I don't know, i've seen any link T.
Speaker 1: Shirts and stuff, Yeah, well now I have them.
Speaker 3: So now Allie's educated.
Speaker 1: Educated on this pop culture that I've missed.
Speaker 2: Our goal here is to solve crime and tell stories of true crime. Really at the forefront of our desire to do this is the murder of Katie Janis that happened in Atlanta, where Ali and I both live.
Speaker 3: I'm in Atlanta native Ali. You've lived here for.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many years, twenty plus years. And Katie was a queer woman that lived in Atlanta that worked at some of the bars in midtown, very well known around the queer community. I do know that she was very private. That was something that I just read about her recently because I was kind of like, why are there not more people talking about this. From what I've I've read her, she was a private person, and you know, we want to respect that, but also I think that no matter how private you are.
Speaker 3: You deserve justice, absolutely crime to be solved.
Speaker 4: So and there really hasn't been much. You don't see interviews about this, You don't. It was sort of like it was big news, but everybody was scared where we.
Speaker 1: Live after it happened, but then nothing right.
Speaker 2: We want to kind of bring more attention to this case and also just kind of maybe help people to kind of think about some avenues that are possible. So you know, we're interviewing people to get their take and hopefully lead this down.
Speaker 3: The path of being resolved. So, Ali, would you like to introduce our guests that you.
Speaker 1: Leave for us?
Speaker 4: So we have Steph where to us here and she is a master police officer from Southwest Florida who also worked did detective work for multiple years in Florida. And I had a pretty lengthy conversation with Steph and realized she would add a lot more to this topic because you and I admittedly don't know a lot about detective work.
Speaker 2: And it's so I have a degree from like Dateline University exactly.
Speaker 4: And not only that, it's like it's so easy to cast stones.
Speaker 1: I mean, one of the things that I said to Steph is like, this feel so easy, Like why didn't they do this? Tell me why? So I don't know it.
Speaker 4: Sometimes there's a lot of reasons why, and I think so to get a professional on feels like the right thing to do.
Speaker 3: So Seth, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 5: Sure, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: One of the things that immediately I think the biggest glaring thing about this crime is it was just so gruesome, Like it's not just like a murder that happens because you're robbing someone or you're This was a murder that took place at a very public, very popular park in Atlanta, and the crime scene included mutilation, it included It was so heinous of a crime that it kind of shook everybody. And so I think let's start there. Because one of the things you said to me that was really interesting was the mode of the killing was stabbing wounds. It was like, gosh, Melissa, fifty stab wounds. And one of the things Steph mentioned right away is the proxy that person must have had to her and her dog. So what I guess say more about that because I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 1: What you said.
Speaker 5: There's all different types of reasons why people will commit crimes or specifically homicides. I mean, there's crimes of passion, there's revenge, there's greed, there's flat out just mental illness where there's no rhyme or reason. So with the knife n knife attacks are more difficult just because you do have to get closer to that person. We have described them more in a more like intimate with knife stabbings because you know, you kind of have to look at the person while you're doing it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Whereas if they had a firearm or you know, just shot them, they could do it from a distance. They don't have to get very close. And the number of times she was stabbed is super aggressive in overkill. So for me personally, it doesn't sound random, but it's possible. But for the amount of stab wounds, the fact that the dog was killed as well, the fact that something was carved into her, that sounds kind of personal to me.
Speaker 2: That's kind of how we've felt or it either personal or maybe some form of hate crime.
Speaker 5: Hate drives a lot of things as well.
Speaker 2: And we've also Ali and I have talked about too that you know, maybe she was, you know, walking through the park sometimes you see the same people. She might have been familiar with someone enough that they were able to get that close to her, just someone that she saw out and about kind of frequently.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, But to kill like the dog, like to me, like what always like haunts me is that to kill a pit ball and its owner. First of all, you've got to be so out of your mind because you're that's scary in of itself. But also they had time, it's like the minute, let's if they can killed the dog first, she would have been watching that and so essentially like she would have had I don't know, some moment to scream or some moment to nobody heard anything. If somebody is screaming at the park in that location, there is zero percent chance that nobody heard because it's there's people ever.
Speaker 3: Even at that time of night.
Speaker 1: And then at that time of.
Speaker 4: Night, or they killed her first. But if they killed her first, that dog would have been going that shit crazy.
Speaker 5: So it would have been very difficult to kill the dog, right. I think that maybe the dog was killed first. Who knows where this person was at the time. They could have been hiding in a bush, They could have been, like you said, somebody that she knew, and she just didn't think twice about it, and then they had enough time to do what they did.
Speaker 2: From what I've read, the dog actually did manage to bite the person. They were able to get like a small amount of DNA, but then I really haven't heard much from that further, So I kind of wonder or if like whatever DNA they found was just too minimal or it wasn't a match to anything, Like how does that kind of thing work.
Speaker 5: I'm not a forensic scientist or person that deals with DNA, and so I would assume that they maybe swabbed the dog's mouth, even if there's no blood in the dog's mouth. You know, if the dog sinks his teeth into human flesh, there's got to be some sort of remnants there to be able to get on a swab sample buckle swab. Yeah, And sometimes it's just it's not enough of a sample to have anything turn.
Speaker 2: Out as far as like the database goes like, how would that if there was enough, like is it? You know, it goes in those database, but it's only people that have like some kind of like criminal history that they're looking into.
Speaker 5: It's called CODIS Combined DNA Index System, So it's ran by the FBI. It's managed by the FBI, and basically they put everyone that has been an offender, arrested, or have legal files, they place them in this database. That's where you're gonna get your comparisons from. So if they're not in that system, then yeah, you're not gonna get a hit. You might be able to get some information from it, like the donor is mail's that's about the extent of it. You're not gonna get a ton.
Speaker 1: Would it ever be like that?
Speaker 4: They would have said, we've got this little bit of DNA, We're gonna basically go into the park and the group of homeless people that live there or the regular people that are in the park, We're just gonna ask for DNA samples or is that like? Nobody's going to that extent even if they haven't have to be at You have to get a warrant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta get warrants for pretty much everything. It's it's just your safety blanket for us. Even if we had consent, we would still go the length of getting a warrant, just because we wanted to make sure that everything would be admissible in court later down the road.
Speaker 4: And it's like if someone had a dog bite, depending on how severe it is, that again seems like there would have been someone in Atlanta that would have been like, oh, that's weird, my friend has a dog bite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or they went to the hospital, maybe to get it treated or you know, get a shot, but they might have the mindset up if I do that, it's got to be reported because in Florida, if you get bit by an animal, you have to go and you go to the hospital, get it treated.
Speaker 3: You have to do like a Raby's report or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Melissa, do you know the extent of the dog bite?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't, Okay, I mean, it could have been a nip, but I would I mean, I've been bitten by a Yorki and it broke my skin, you know, so I would imagine even if it wasn't knit by a pit bull, it's gonna do a little bit of damage, but maybe not to the extent that they needed medical treatment, or you know, they just treated it themselves and took the risk. But I think that kind of leads into the other part of like this in my eyes, and I don't know if I've watched too much Dexter, but it sounds like it's a very bloody crime scene and the person that did it the blood and the slipperiness of the blood and you end up cutting your own hand, but also just being completely covered, Like how does someone just walk away and not be noticed.
Speaker 4: Or even stripping off their clothes. I mean, there's just so much trail there.
Speaker 5: You compare the park to the size of the Central Park, I mean.
Speaker 1: That's Atlanta's version of some park.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred and eighty nine acres, so there is a lot of like woods and stuff like that to kind of dunk in it out of. There's a pond in the middle that they could have They did drag the pond and search it. There weren't neither like murder weapons found, but I kind of wonder if like they could have even just gone and swam through the pond and gotten a lot of blood off of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you're in a park that has bushes and trees and little nooks and crannies that you can hide into, it's pretty easy to conceal yourself. I would think, especially if it's dark out.
Speaker 2: As a former investigator of these kind of crimes, like, how would you or your team, you know, what would you guys have done in that instance as far as like because one of the things that stood out to Ally and I is that they didn't really I mean, of course the crime scene was roped off, but the rest of the park, you know, like I would feel like that's like a gigantic crime scene.
Speaker 5: We would definitely rope off the immediate scene because you only get that scene once. As soon as you close it, that evidence is gone. You want to secure and preserve that area as best as you can. Would I close off the rest of the park probably, And then you know, once we process the immediate scene, then we start looking around that surrounding areas of the immediate scene, so it would be the rest of the park, and maybe have other officers kind of comb through sections of that park with canines or anything that can do like an article search. You know, articles include guns and knives and clothes, and just go through that just to see if anything could be found. And then if nothing comes comes about, then yeah, you open up up the majority of the park. But I think that would have been a good idea at least, you know, check that box.
Speaker 4: I don't even remember there being like that is now that you mentioned it, the canine thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, canines could have.
Speaker 4: Found a lot of evidence blood. So I mean, isn't that like one of the main things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't.
Speaker 4: I remember jogging very soon after that crime, and I could see where it was taped off. I mean, that's how little they were. It wasn't a big area roped off. It was a tiny area roped off. But it's like if they had done it like a canine, I don't remember seeing canines.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were there and I didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they could have.
Speaker 2: They probably would have done that immediately after, right like before sunrise.
Speaker 5: You know, just rope off the entire park, have officers whatever entrances are available, and just say that parts closed at this yeah time.
Speaker 2: I mean, they could have done that, you know, immediately after and then then like let's you know, open the park back up. But it was just between those hours that we know of that it was open like the next morning. But I also wondered too if like waiting until the sun came up and doing another sweep with daylight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would have been beneficial as well.
Speaker 2: You know, one of the things that we've kind of been told by a couple people is that, you know, Atlanta's it's not the safest city on the planet, but we feel relatively safe. I've been in Pimont Park hundreds of times. I lived across the street, like literally across the street from there for a couple of years. I have a condo now that's like a few blocks away. I've never felt unsafe in that park, but I mean, we were scared there for a little while, and like, I don't know, people have kind.
Speaker 5: Of dropped it.
Speaker 2: And I know that the police department's busy in itself with a million other things.
Speaker 3: But to me, I'm like, this seems like a really scary crime.
Speaker 2: Why isn't it. It doesn't feel prioritized. I guess it's my ultimate point here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sort of all asking you the question, because I this is something you and I talked about, is do you feel like like one of our friends that's a police officer here. She said, unless there's a lot of pressure from family or the community, they sort of there's too many so they don't really prioritize it unless it's on TV and pressure and we got to do this, and I'm curious, like, I think, what the question I asked you is do they You said they keep working on cold cases, but like in this case, her family didn't live here. The part I think everybody in the immediate vicinity was kind of I don't know, what would you say. Maybe they were so sad they just wanted it to be over and didn't. It didn't feel like after two weeks went by, there was any pressure at all, Like I don't I remember it just being all right, I guess we're all going back to the park like it's done.
Speaker 1: That was how I felt.
Speaker 4: How do they prioritize these cases when after two weeks it's not solved.
Speaker 5: Well, every agency is different, you know, we spoke about mine. We have five detectives. When a homicide occurs, we drop everything else that we're working and we it's all hands on deck towards working that homicide and trying to close it out. We don't have the call volume life Atlanta HEDI does. So I don't know the extent of how many homicides they have a year, but maybe they just don't have the luxury of being able to work one super super long, especially if they're if their leads are running dry and it's starting to go cold, and you mentioned pressure. Pressure does it helps? I mean, especially when you try to go to the news and things like that, and you know, police departments don't want to look bad, so pressure does help. But I think with Atlanta and their amount of call volume, it just sounds like they were running out of leads.
Speaker 1: But do you ever run out of leads?
Speaker 4: Like it's almost like your leads never dry up if you do every single stone. But I wonder like, at what point are they just like this is low, Like we're not going to work on this anymore, because it's probably fruitless.
Speaker 5: They would just have to think outside the box. Leads can run dry, for sure, That's why cases go cold.
Speaker 4: One thing stuff said to me on our pre call was just but a cell phone is a journal of the what happened. And I say more about that because I think that's so true with everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, your life is there, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody puts everything out there. We can say if we do a forensic download on a phone, if that person had social media, we can do a warrant for that, whether it's Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, we can look at all of their logs for that. We can look at all their previous photos, we can look at their most recent communications, their text message threads. Who they were talking to within the last twenty four to forty eight hours of their life. You know, you want to try to build that, try to figure out what their life looked like prior to their murder, at least twenty four to forty eight hours. We do the same thing with suicides. We want to try to figure out where they were mentally, who they were talking to. I remember I had a case where it was said it was a female and it was an accidental hanging. It was all captured on her phone.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 5: So you know, with homicides you have to work it is it a homicide, is it an accident or is it a suicide? And you have to kind of roll which one it is. So this case was fairly easy for me to solve because I found everything on her phone.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: I had another homicide case where we were able to pol the phone logs from the victim and we're seeing like just phone numbers maybe from the last twenty four hours to forty eight hours, and we had a spreadsheet of the phone numbers and we went through each phone number trying to figure out who it belonged to, who the service was, and we were able to figure out a person of interest and seeing that he was in communication with his killer.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so.
Speaker 5: A ton of a ton of information that is in that.
Speaker 4: Phone, which it makes me, like you think, certainly they went through her phone that, yeah.
Speaker 5: I would give The first things I would do is do a forensic download on her phone.
Speaker 4: And it is such a blurry line between like to your point, like the person it seemingly wasn't had some kind of intimacy with her to get that close with her and her pet with no noise being made, but also mental illness like you said, where it's just completely fucking random, like you just lose your head and do something crazy, But there is some overlap there like obviously the person even in a crime of passion or if you get close enough, you're mentally ill, so I can see where like there's no it's hard to like give a profile to somebody because it's just so many things.
Speaker 5: One end, it could be this person was a complete psychopath and had no empathy and was completely mentally ill. And sometimes with mentally ill people, you could look at them the wrong way and they just you know, they snap right. But there's no real logic behind their actions, whereas if you take somebody that's just suffering from like revenge or there's more a methodical plan, there's more, there's still logic behind it. They're just so overwhelmed with that emotion that it takes him to an extreme length.
Speaker 3: Like the crime of passion thing.
Speaker 2: To me, that doesn't it would not be this brutal I don't know, or maybe like someone would use a gun in that case. To me, it's just like, wow, that sounds like something a serial killer would do. But again that's also like all the datelines and scary movies and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But also it's like you never know.
Speaker 2: It could Like there was a serial killer in fairly recent years, this guy named Israel Keys. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that case, but he had kill kits like buried around the country, like legit buckets that he buried underground and just had in certain areas. If he decided that he wanted to go to this area kill somebody and then gone.
Speaker 3: I know, it's wild.
Speaker 2: But I also feel like, you know, the day and age of like serial killers getting away with stuff like that is long gone. There's so many cameras and DNA and all those things. But at the same time, this crime is like, well, the cameras weren't great or they weren't working, and there wasn't any DNA like that we can use.
Speaker 5: Although that's a thing that was interesting to me that who knows, maybe the killer knew that maybe the killer works for the park or something, you know, you know, maybe they knew the cameras weren't working, maybe they knew the exact spot to do it at or the best path to take as soon as it was done to where they wouldn't be seen.
Speaker 4: There were cameras in the city around in the you know, adjacent restaurants and bars. And then also the risk taking involved, Like if you're somebody who's a serial killer, I don't know, is do you get off on like doing it in a way that's like I might get caught. It feels like you would more, Okay, some people do, because, like, to me, the riskiness, they picked one of the most popular entrances to that entire park.
Speaker 1: To me, it's like, I don't it's that feels so risky.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, there's even a specific unit with the FBI that does that. They profile behavioral profilers, and that's how they came up with the term serial killer. I don't know if you ever there was actual show Mindhunters. I think it was called Okay, they go into that how that unit, that behavioral unit was formed. So it's just, yeah, some of these psychopaths they get off on the risk or they get off on the actual killing, and it's all psyche related and what drives them. So you just never you just never know.
Speaker 2: Well, and also I'm thinking sitting here thinking too, just like the BTK killer Dennis Rader, he was like a boy scout leader like this dad, you know, a very normal life and was doing all this weirdo shit and got away with it for years.
Speaker 5: But they tend to do the same thing. So I would say that would raise a flag for me if it was a serial killer. Have there been any other homicides in a similar way with similar things carved into the skin?
Speaker 3: And yeah, well.
Speaker 2: That kind of leads into one of the speculations that I had, which I don't know how much this checks out. Like.
Speaker 3: I haven't done a whole.
Speaker 2: Deep dive on this, but it does seem kind of similar to the Idaho four case in that brutal stabbing, random and the one of the guy victim in that case had something carved on him.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Wait really yeah in Idaho, m I didn't even remember that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, I know he did the killings, I just didn't don't.
Speaker 2: I know he was in Pennsylvania, That's where his parents lived, you know, like could he have been in Atlanta time?
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 2: But again that's all like massive speculation, but it does seem like a little similar. I've always kind of felt like the Idaho four case wasn't wasn't necessarily his first time doing that, because I feel like the first time you're doing something like that, you're not going to like leave shit behind.
Speaker 5: Well you know how he got caught because he actually did leave something.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: That to me says like he's a little bit too comfortable in that moment, not keeping track of like one of the few items that he has on him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think he was nervous. I don't think he's he's he killed before, you know, he was what a criminology major or something like that. Yeah, trying to bring it to life everything that he's learned and trying to see if he could actually get away with murder.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he messed up. He made a mistake.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like the first time that you're doing that, are you really going after four people at once? Or do you start first with a random, random person in the park.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think he knew that there was going to be four people in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I think I've read that as well.
Speaker 4: So and he gives like in cell vibes like the kid who just never got the girl.
Speaker 1: He's like pissed off.
Speaker 3: But so does this crime in some ways to me. You know, like there's a lot of people that have a lot of.
Speaker 2: Hate towards lesbian women, men that feel that way, they feel intimidated by them or a little angry, you know that they quote want to be a man. You ever, I've heard before like why why do lesbians want to be men?
Speaker 3: Why do they dress like men? All those things?
Speaker 2: And you know that in cell mindset of like this is being taken from.
Speaker 4: Me, right, and maybe just was like waiting for some gay person to come across the path.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that murder was something else. A lot of questions there, A lot of questions there. You have to taper down through further investigation and evidence and see where that points to you. Witness statements, you know, whatever evidence was collected, have it processed? You what comes back?
Speaker 1: And even the person that they heard on the nine one one call. I remember there being some joggers that they looked for.
Speaker 4: They put the jogger up on the news and said, does anyone recognize this person? They are not a suspect. We just want to talk to them about what they saw that night. And I remember that, but I don't remember the person on the nine one one call ever being interviewed. I feel like that's an obvious interview. Do you remember that, Melissa, like anything about that person you hear on that.
Speaker 2: I don't, But I mean I would think that something like that would be like top of mind.
Speaker 1: I would have thought the park was closed.
Speaker 4: And it's like I'm getting to a place of like maybe I don't know, like it's almost like things just were left unchecked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure that person was questioned.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that like that seems like, you know, my eleven year old would think that.
Speaker 1: My eleven year old would have said closed the park.
Speaker 4: Although do they stuff maybe you know how they say like criminals come back to the scene, Like I was thinking, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, like maybe they left the park open to assess who shows up.
Speaker 1: That feels like a long shot, I mean, because I.
Speaker 5: Still would have processed the rest of the park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was all over. I mean, my dirty tennis shoes all over.
Speaker 5: So did you know what had happened?
Speaker 1: Ally I knew, yeah pretty soon after.
Speaker 3: And you're like, let me go job over there.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't like, let me go jog over but I was curious. Yeah, like it was so devastating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And again I mean just the location that happened is just because when I first heard it happened, I was like, man, that must have been somewhere like deep in the park, yeah, you know, secluded, but it's it's really close to the street and very open part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounded risky to do it. And you know, who knows if she was dragged. I dealt with the dogs. She was dragged, But you could tell that from the scene as well. You know, I just don't know what Atlanta found. I don't know what's in that file, but obviously it's it hasn't been.
Speaker 2: Fruitful, just not as many officers to get on the ground and cover stuff, and.
Speaker 5: So's everywhere everywhere feel that people are interested in anymore.
Speaker 2: It's is it that not as many people are interested in the field, or is it you know, the amount of money that departments have to put towards their police force.
Speaker 5: I think it's all the above. I mean, it's it's a career field that is admirable, but like a lot of people don't like you. You know, you never you never hear about somebody disliking a firefighter. It's a very thankless job. You know, it's tough to stay positive, it's tough to keep that purpose and in the forefront of you know, your path, and I think people are just seeing the risks and it's and it's just not worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I mean, Gosha, it sounds very scary to me. You know, you never know what you're going to encounter every second of the day. I think it's a very admirable career, but you're right, it's like, yeah, for the last what ten fifteen years, it's definitely been in the spotlight.
Speaker 4: I do like the stuff so that they do when they like to become a detective. It's not just like they're they pick the bet you you apply for it, and then they pick the best person for the job. So it's not like just derelics are out being a text day.
Speaker 2: Like you think of the movie screen where they've got like Deputy Dewey trying to alve this good murder.
Speaker 1: That's not the case.
Speaker 4: It's easy to put holes and the way the investigation was done because they can't do every single thing.
Speaker 5: And that's part of why I love working for the smaller agency, just because it's not just one primary detective working that case. You know you're getting you're bouncing off your brainstorming with other detectives that are still are helping you on that particular investigation. You know, and a lot of my coworkers saw things that I didn't see. So it's it's super helpful when you have when you approach a homicide, or you have the opportunity to approach a homicide with a team versus larger agencies because they're spread so thin. You know, one detective is in charge of how many, you know, whatever their caseload is.
Speaker 2: And I think that's you know, like I said, that's one of the reasons why we're trying to like let's put everybody's head together and really think about what this could how this could have happened.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure they have. I'm sure Atlanta has, especially if leads were running cold, they try to reapproach it and get a different perspective and see what other avenues they can take.
Speaker 2: I will say that they every year they do news conference about it.
Speaker 3: You know, they've upped the reward money.
Speaker 2: There's always the reminder about the crime Stoppers line and how you can report anonymously. I know that a lot happens behind the scenes that we don't even know about. I know that there's things details of the case that they can't release, you know, there's it's part of the investigation.
Speaker 5: So well, it's still considered open too. If it was close, then yeah, you could get a lot of information out of it. But and then nowadays, even with rewards, people are scared. They're scared forward there to get information because anybody can look up anybody. Nowadays, it seems like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: So true, absolutely yeah, so.
Speaker 3: They're twenty five grand.
Speaker 5: I'd be like, yeah, is it worth though to kind of stick your neck out for this crime to get solved? But who knows what's going to happen afterwards if you start getting hate mail or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, there was actually just a a shooting here in Atlanta that happened outside of an elementary school.
Speaker 3: A woman was shot.
Speaker 2: By a guy, and there was someone who witnessed it. Like she said, the guy looked right at her and she was kind of like, don't shit me.
Speaker 3: He walked away. She was on like, I don't think it was the news.
Speaker 2: It was like this, you know this Instagram guy that does like Atlanta news. I wish I could remember his name right now because I plug him because he's funny. But he interviewed her and she was saying exactly what he looked like what happened.
Speaker 3: He looked me dead in the eyes.
Speaker 2: And I'm watching this and I'm like, dude, if I was that woman, I would not be on the news right now talking about this Like that sounds really like she's lucky he didn't do it in that moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, well that's why we have, you know, witness protection real thing.
Speaker 1: We are so appreciative that you came on staff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks for having me again. This was really it was a neat experience.
Speaker 2: Again. You know, we're just kind of speculating, just feeling out what the possibilities here are because, like you know, we think that this we'll all unsolved cases deserve to be solved. You know, there's someone out here that can't speak for themselves anymore. So we appreciate your perspective and opinions, so sure problem.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Sources for this episode could be found in our show notes, and just a reminder, these are opinions and speculations surrounding this case and in no way an assumption or accusation of guilt towards any specific person