Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tam case, Hi everybody, and welcome in two moo.
Speaker 3: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Hope you're well on this Wednesday night. You're Los Angeles Dodgers seventy five and fifty two on this season, best record in baseball, first place atop the NL West. Tonight, they look to get the sweep over Seattle. With Jack Flaherty on the mound in the series opener. Orbate that the final game of this three game series, as the Dodgers have dominated Game one in Game two of this series, first pitch coming up at sevent ten, coming up over the next hour here on Moronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to here. Dodger manager Dave Roberts, we'll hear from him. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vasse goes one on one with Dodger reliever Evan Phillips. We've got your Dodgers magical moment, your Otani rewind that's coming up shortly. We'll hear from Kirsten Watson from sports Net LA and fwo minutes we'll check in with Tim Neffett and Rick Monday out at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well last night at the Ravine, it was a rough go for Bueller before the Dodgers offense came alive.
Speaker 4: Late walker Buehler got to start.
Speaker 3: The right hander has just struggled in his return from Tommy John surgery and then at two months then on the iel with a hip injury. Last night, Bueller continued to struggle. He gave up two runs in the first inning after getting two quick out, then he gave him another run in the third. He was in trouble all night. He went four innings. He gave up three runs on seven hits while walking three. The Dodgers were down and their batchs were struggling against Mariners right hander Bryce Miller. Finally, though, in the fourth, the Dodgers broke through who else Gavin Luckx a solo home run, his tenth of the season, seventh since the All Star Break.
Speaker 4: Dodgers were down three to one.
Speaker 3: Later in the fourth, Max Monsey got the Dodgers even closer to one.
Speaker 5: Pitch swung hot and hammer deep right fan way back in gone.
Speaker 4: Maxwell swinging up silver hammer.
Speaker 1: It's three to two on a monster toweling home on the right field by Max.
Speaker 5: Monsey, monthly home run number eleven and his second home run and his many.
Speaker 3: Nights eleventh home run of the season for Max, second in as many games as ten mentioned. Dodgers down three to two in the seventh, Dodgers still down one when they had a little two out matchic happening. Mookie Betts and Rbi double down the left field line that tied the game at three. After an intentional walk to Freddie Freeman, up came to the Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 4: Who hit a ball to right field.
Speaker 3: However, right fielder Mitch Hanneger threw a dart to home plate. Mookie Betts beat the throw, but he missed home plate slid over it.
Speaker 4: He was out. Dodgers and Mariners remain tied.
Speaker 6: In the eighth.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers again with some.
Speaker 3: Two out matching two on, two out for the pinch hitter Jason Hayward.
Speaker 5: Two ball, one strike pitch to Hayward. He swings and hits a deep trick the right This ball has God.
Speaker 4: It's a home run, a three run pitch hit home run for.
Speaker 7: Chason Heyward and the Dodgers lead at six to three.
Speaker 4: Boo, honey, you like that.
Speaker 1: Jay comes up.
Speaker 5: Big time post up pens for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Three run home run for Chason Hayward. That's the top tier player of the game sponsored by RCO Quality, Top Tier cast for less.
Speaker 4: Dodgers up six to three.
Speaker 3: The top of the ninth belong to Daniel Hudson who came in closed it out. Dodgers come back and get the win. Joe Killing the winning relief. Daniel Hudson is tenth save for Walker Bueller. All the struggles continue with no decision after he win four innings. Is Era now north is six and ten starts this season. However, the Dodgers win. They're now seventy five and fifty two, first place atop the NL West, and tonight they go for the sweep over the Mariners with Jack.
Speaker 4: Flaherty on the mound first pitch at seven ten and with more.
Speaker 3: We head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast but the Dodger Stadium as we say hello to Tim Neffert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thanks very much. It's a beautiful evening at Dodgers Stadium for a ballgame. On the Dodgers and Seattle Mariners wrap up their three game series. Dodgers have taken the first two and have a chance for a three game sweep. Jack Flaherty nine and five overall gets the start for the Dodgers. He'll go against Logan Gilbert. Gilbert seven and nine, but a very tough customer. So that's the pitching matchup. And well, before we get to tonight, last night a strange game. It was a long game, one of the longer ones of the year, three hours and eleven minutes. But we saw a lot of different things in that game, including replays that have left us still scratching our heads a day later.
Speaker 8: Well, we did not understand how a pick off at first the runner was not called out, and the runner at home plate on a tag, how he was not called safe? And then on top of it, the mystery appearance of a home run ball that Gavin Lux hit went over the fence, and all of a sudden there was a ball that dribbled, I believe, from behind the padding on the wall and came back onto the fields. So yeah, it was a strange game to begin with, but for the Dodgers able to prepare and come up with a big hit the bench hit three run home run by Jason Hayward in the bottom of the eighth inning, really the deciding blast, Dodgers winning at six to three.
Speaker 5: The fourth ning very important too. Gavin lux continues his tour ad pace. He's now homeward four times in his last eight games, and Max Montsey since coming off the aisle, has homeward and back to back games.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Speaking of home runs, Dodgers with five home runs that have been hit in the first two games of this series. The big question has been, well, what about the pitching, And we saw Walker Bueller last night averaged over twenty pitches in each of the four innings that he worked, three runs on seven hits. It was interesting to read also the comments by Dave Roberts afterwards asked about Bueller and Bueler said, hey, look, he was sick and tired of saying look, I'm making progress. And for Roberts, he said he didn't think there's a set number of starts that you can look at for Walker Bueller, and then he wanted to say, honestly, we don't have another alter right now. As far as the pitching stawn.
Speaker 5: Bueller knows he needs to take another step forward, and we will see what happens in his next start, and yeah, he's going to get in on that.
Speaker 8: The good news is too, is that yoah Chinobu Yamamoto did have a simulated game today, so he's making some progress that's going to be in the distance. We don't know about Tyler Glass now he has been shut down. Dave Roberts is really not that aware of exactly when he's going to start playing catch again. In the meantime, it was a very good ring in my ears when you said the daughter's coming on with the best record in Major League Baseball. And that's in spite of, yes, a lot of injuries, no question about it. This is a club tim that just continues to move forward.
Speaker 5: And the sky is not exactly falling in Dodgerland. I mean, yes, they've had injuries. Yes, they've lost games they probably could have won. They've lost a bigger division lead, and they still lead in the division. But when you wake up today and you say, oh, they've got the best record in Major League Baseball, all has not been that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I think is that, you know the disparity of they had an eight and a half game lead that has been diminished a little bit. They started today three in front of San Diego, four in front of Arizona. What gets lost in the shuffle. While the Dodgers have won nine of the last twelve, both the Padres and the Diamondbacks, they have been playing lights out where the people keep saying how much longer can they? They continue this well until something happens. Differently, the Dodgers just manage your own backyard.
Speaker 5: The countdown to forty forty continues for show. Hey Ozani needs one home run two stolen bases to become the fastest player ever to reach the forty to forty mark in a season. Alfonso Soriano currently holds the record. He did it in two thousand and six and one hundred and forty seven games. Tonight is game number one hundred and twenty eight total for the Dodgers Dodgers Mariners Game three coming up from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's peat check in at Mojo's right now. Shaky's dot Com coming up.
Speaker 4: Here on Dodgers on Nex. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: We'll get his pre game bought. We'll check in with David Vassa, our Dodger insider. Of course, throughout the pregame show, he'll go one on one with Evan Phillips. We'll break down this pitching matchup with Jack Flarity on the mound, but up next to your Otani rewine and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson leading up to Dodgers and Mariners first pitching Dodgers Stadium at seven ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Mariners on this Wednesday night, Jack Flarity, Logan Gilbert. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This is there.
Speaker 8: Why, here's the pitch and it's a drive to right center field that's gonna be at their base, hit that will get to the wall and Otani on his way to second base and he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna go for three.
Speaker 8: The relay throw not in time, and Otani aboard with a one out triples here in the bottom of the third to two pitch.
Speaker 5: This one's hammered to write. This one headed back for the wall, and it is off the wall. And that's the longest single you're gonna see. It was off the top of the electronic scoreboard. And right Otani goes throw down and he is safe. Show Hey Otani swipes his thirty eight face just another step closer to becoming the dodgers first ever forty forty man.
Speaker 3: Showy Otani two for five, a triple, stolen base. He's now got the thirty eight swipes on the season. He's getting closer, as Tim never mentioned, now thirty nine home runs. O Tani rewind brought to by etoyns oy Odcha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that show Hey Otani loves and drinks available at local DISO stores, Amazon and ETO dot com.
Speaker 4: That's it, O E N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson. Hey.
Speaker 3: Kirsten joins this before the final game of this three game series against the Mariners. The lineup came out Kirston and then there was a change to the lineup. Miguel Rojas got scratch, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So Dave Roberts was saying that he is just saying with a little bit of a hamstring flare up, and so he just felt like giving him today that made sense. Offuly tomorrow is the team off day, so he just wanted to give him back to back days. Then he should be back in the lineup on Friday. They don't think it's anything too serious, just a little bit of a kind of that flare up, a little tweak to it. So just giving him the day to rest and recover and then we'll see how he feels on Friday and hopefully he's back in the lineup.
Speaker 7: Thin.
Speaker 10: So definitely like not what you want to be hearing when it comes to a player who just actually came back from the il, but better to keep him healthy in the long run.
Speaker 1: So that's what this decision was for.
Speaker 3: As far as the Dodgers getting healthier and healthier, We're seeing guys come back and looks like Yoshinova Yamamoto's making progress.
Speaker 4: Another step today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, another big step. So he took part in a sim game through two innings. When he spoke to the media afterwards, he said that he felt like, you know, this this outing was better than his last one in Saint Louis, and so he'll have one more SIM game which he'll throw three innings, and then he'll start.
Speaker 1: His rehab assignment.
Speaker 10: So this is, you know, it's a big step for him, just in the sense of the progression that he's going to need to get back. But he's talked to us before saying that he feels at his shoulder isn't a good spot. He felt like, you know that the injury came due to just some fatigue. He kind of felt like, so the fact that that is now in the clear, it's just about getting him healthy and then getting him ready for October. So realistically, if you look at one more SIM game, a rehab assignment, and then they'll decide what the next step is after that. If he comes back to activation, then he can have a few starts before October. But either way, he did say today he knows that that start in September will be a good one and a big step for him and just getting him ready for the postseason.
Speaker 3: The other Dodger picture work of an eye on the injured list is Tyler and Klass. Now, we thought it'd be just fifteen days. What's happened?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, especially once he went on the IL with that level tendonitis. You know, he was telling Dave Roberts was telling us that for Tyler, he was fighting it. He didn't necessarily want to go on the IL, but they felt like that was just the right decision right now, and obviously it clearly was because it's taking him a little bit more time. So he was supposed to be playing catch, what three to four or four to five days into his i el stick, he has not played catch just yet. Dave was saying, he is supposed to potunch to play today. He's been kind of in and out with the team. He did say he saw him yesterday, But since he hasn't picked up the ball to play catch just yet, that does push back his timeline a little bit. So there's no, uh, that's the first step. So once he does start playing catch, you'll have a better idea as to what exactly the return looks like. But even Dave was saying today that, you know, that also depends on in case he needed to rehab assignment. What is is going to need sim games. What does that look like to get him ready for a return. So, unfortunately, does sound like it's taking a little bit longer, but hopefully it's not too much longer than fifteen to twenty days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's hope they can get him back and get it ready for the stretch run for the NL Wild Wild West.
Speaker 4: Kirsten, we appreciate it. We'll check with you after the game. Dodger fans and a Hans You're.
Speaker 3: Listening experience by downloading the iHeart Radio app and listening to HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup. David Baddingo's one on one with Evan Phillips.
Speaker 4: But up next an injury report.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Mariners first pitch on this.
Speaker 4: Wednesday night at seven ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and the Mariners Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, A Grand Slam for good times. Jack Felleriti, Logan Gilbert the pitching matchup in the series finale, Dodgers going for the sweep first pitch of seven ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report presented by UCLA. Heal, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Some good news. Blake trying it.
Speaker 3: Just activated off the injured list after right hip discomfort. Ben Casparrius, who never got to pitch. Options back to Triple A Oklahoma City. Freddie Freeman a hairline fraction in his right middle finger. He continues to play through it. He is a gamer. Austin Barnes fractured tel. He's on the il. Tyler Glaston on the il with the right elbow. Ten to Nias Ells and picked up a baseball and thrown Bruce Dark Gratteral on the iel with the right hamstring strain. Chris Taylor's on a minor league rehab assignment with Rancho Kucamonga this week to get some in bats on his left groin strand yoshinob Yamamoto, as you heard on the IL but through a.
Speaker 4: Two inning SIM game today at the Ravine.
Speaker 3: All right, let's head back do to Dodger Stadium and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 4: Anything fun.
Speaker 6: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just, dude, can.
Speaker 4: You talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts progress. It was the same game and just how good to the step was before him?
Speaker 9: A big step. I thought. I threw the baseball well second inning command started to waive a little bit, but I still thought the stuff was really good. Very positive day for Yoshinobu. And you know, hopefully in the next five days he'll do three innings and then we can send him off to a rehab. But today was a big step for him.
Speaker 4: It's September.
Speaker 1: The fair kind of windows the end of the guys, the guys to say this take.
Speaker 9: I think, so, yeah, you know, if it's the three innings and then he goes out and does three or four innings on rehab and then we'll, you know, be able to make a decision. So I think that's kind of fair, which I feel, you know, given what's happened is a is a good amount of time.
Speaker 1: You think it's.
Speaker 5: Amount of times kind of react on getting started lee.
Speaker 6: Into the October.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's obviously not ideal, but I still think getting him back to health and building them up, you know, is our best ball club. So we're going to make the most of it.
Speaker 1: Mostly out of the fils.
Speaker 9: An, I think the main thing is certainly health. And even today, I mean the ball was coming out of his hand really with a lot of life, so it seems like he's health healthy and just kind of as long as he recovers well, then then we start honing in on the command and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Dave robers down the dug out talking about Yoshinobu Yamamoto and his two Indians sim game, hopefully the next step three innings brought to you by Service Titan. Dave robertson Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more of Service Titan dot Com. Let me continue here.
Speaker 4: On Todgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We will check in with David mat Say leading you up to Dodgers and Mariners on this Wednesday Night, First Bitch at seven ten.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue whole season.
Speaker 3: Low Dodgers and Mariners, final game of this three game set, Dodgers going for the sweep of Seattle. Jack Flerity on the Mountain Logan Gilbert will go for Seattle.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: The umpiring crew for tonight's game, brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years and providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Cates on Dodgers on Tack.
Speaker 11: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV as we know, being from the eight one to eighth, if you're from the valley, you're tough. Jack Flherity's from the valley, another tough guy, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no doubt, Tim, I love that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And Jack Flerty has brought much needed edge to the Dodgers. On his start day, I noticed being next to the dugout when he was making his last start in Milwaukee. When he came in from his warm up bullpen to start that game, a lot of his teammates were handing out their hands for high fives. Jack Flaherty ignored all of them. He was not trying to be mister nice guy before his start, and that's the way it's going to be tonight. And also, I noticed during the broadcast in Milwaukee that he was barking at somebody in the third inning of his last start. I thought maybe it was the grounds crew, but I found out he was screaming at the opposing team after he struck him out.
Speaker 6: So that's who he is.
Speaker 11: And the Dodgers kind of need a little bit of that edge because I've said this before sometimes they are just a little bit too nice, and having a guy like Jack Flerity certainly sets a different tone.
Speaker 4: He's got some dog in him. I love that, all right, David.
Speaker 3: Last night, Walker Buehler the four innings, he's made, ten starts, he's got an era over his six.
Speaker 4: What's next for Walker Beer Well, I.
Speaker 11: Know everybody is eager to pull the cord on Walker Bueller's seasons, but the Dodgers are not at that point. Obviously, a mixed bag of results.
Speaker 4: Last night.
Speaker 11: He keeps saying he's starting to feel more like himself, but one strikeout against the Mariners not really convincing, considering they've struck out more than any other team in baseball. His next start is going to be a much tougher test against the Baltimore Orioles. That may be when the Dodgers are forced to be at a crossroads with Walker Bueller, and he may be at a crossroads with himself after what we see or don't see against the Orioles when they come to town next week. So Dave Roberts has said that it's not just about Bueller, but what are the alternatives? Tyler Glass now still not throwing. The Dodgers are winning on Yoshi Yamamoto, So the other alternative would be land and knack, and that's not a bad one, but they have limited options to fill his spot in the rotation right now.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford and there's one thing we'd like, it's choices. Find yours with the F one fifty gas hybrid or all electric tough This mark can only be called F one P fifty Blake trying it just a few minutes ago, activated off the Angels, Ben Kasparius didn't.
Speaker 4: See the field.
Speaker 3: But this option back to Triple A Oklahoma City that to move the Dodgers made, but they got some remaining roster questions. They got to make David before they can expand the roster. Even after they expand the roster, they got so many chairs for so many people to sit in right.
Speaker 11: Right, And Chris Taylor is another one of those Dodger players that is ready to go. He's playing his second game in Rancho Cucamonga after playing a few games last week in Oklahoma City. The Dodgers can only hold him off for so long, and they're going to have to make a tough decision here in the next few days, even before September first. And I know Chris Taylor has had a rough seas, but if you look at his last twenty or so games, the strikeout rate was below the league average and his OPS was at about.
Speaker 5: Eight to eighty.
Speaker 11: So he was turning his season around, and he has made noticeable swing changes in the minor league. So it's really I mean, he's on he's coming back, so it's really a choice between Kevin Kia Meyer, Key k Hernandez and Jason Hayward. And I don't see Hayward or Hernandez going anywhere at this point in time, So I don't know how they're going to do it, but they've got to try to find a way to keep all those guys.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be some tough decisions that had Davy appreciate it. We'll check back in with you coming up here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from Evan Phillips. We'll dive deeper into tonight's pitching matchup. Up next, Oh your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Mariners first pitch from Dodgers Statium is coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Mariners on this Wednesday night, final game of this three game set Dodgers' best record in baseball, looking to keep their lead over both the Padres and the Diamondbacks three and four games respectively. Both teams in action right now elsewhere Jack Flerti Logan Gilbert the pitching matchup tonight first pitch of.
Speaker 2: Seventeen with dog who wants that It's time for the Hawfing Magical moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Go back to April fourteenth, twenty fifteen, Dodgers taking on the Mariners out of Dodgers Stadium and a night in which Howie Kendrick walked off the Mariners.
Speaker 7: Here's a pitch, Kendrick base hitting the right field. Here comes rolling Crawford's on his way home through to the plane and he is saying, with the dog, have a walk off win? Kendrick with a single to right two in the bottom of the ninth They have beaten the Mariners sixty five. Now Hallie Kendrick is being beaten from stem to stern right behind the pitchers man.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers, on successive.
Speaker 7: Nights with walkoff wins, beat the Mariners by identical scores of six to five.
Speaker 3: Howie Kendrick with the two run single in the bottom half of the ninth inning. Has Charlie mentioned a walk off win over the Mariners for the second night in a row. April two thousand, fifteen. This Hafey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, a So Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Is at hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Cray.
Speaker 4: Malicious Haffy hot Dogs. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We will check in well Rick Monday leading up to first pitch Dodgers Mariners.
Speaker 4: I'm sim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorono Casino. Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Mariners on this Wednesday night, final game of this three game series. Dodgers looking for the sweep over Seattle. Jack Flaherty on the mound Logan Gilbert goes for Seattle first pitch coming up at seven ten Dodgers Fans starts your future at California Community College Financial Aid It's available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, Here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick the Dodgers looking for the sweep tonight against the Mariners, and they got edgy Jack Flaherty on the mound.
Speaker 5: I like his that edgie.
Speaker 8: You're getting technical now. Yeah, Well, I want to say we brought in a little bit of culture about Norman Rockwell and the painting and it was influenced by a game the Dodgers against Pittsburgh at Abbotsfield in nineteen forty one. Yeah, all of a sudden, No, the culture is starting to come into this. I know we went much, but a little bit.
Speaker 11: We went from Rockwell and his paintings to the art of bunting yesterday, Yes, we did so tonight the art of pitching with Jack Flaherty.
Speaker 8: And also you're going to have as your guest talking of the art of pitching. Someone is coming back and kind of finding himself a little bit too, Evan Phillips.
Speaker 11: He was mentioning to me before we did the interview that he was a little frustrated Rick with himself that he didn't just let loose. He kind of babied that hamstring a little bit too much.
Speaker 8: And when do you know if it's okay to go full speed. I mean, that's the other part. I talk many many times about guys that are coming back from injuries, in particular with surgery, but injuries itself, and it kind of avails itself to the conversation that you brought up with Phillips. They can tell you, they being trainers and the physician, they can tell you, David, you're okay, okay, but until you can prove it to yourself, and you don't really know. But at the point in time, how do you stretch things out to the point of no return where you feel confident enough to push yourself and not risk an injury?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Rick?
Speaker 11: Speaking of injuries, Gavin lux of major injury last spring training took him all of last year to come back from not only reconstruction of his knee, his achilles. The first half was not what people were expecting, but it took him some time to trust his right leg too.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, and you have to be able to trust it. I thank in particular, in my estimation, Gavin Luksa has gone even above and beyond what expectations were. I think from a reasonably point of view, from a defensive standpoint, I think he's made a marvelous transition to going back to second base. So if we go back to spring training, let's just go back for a moment, because he was not particularly pleased at all that he was being moved from the shortstop position to the second base position and Muki Betts will go to short Not that he didn't like it that Mooki was going to short, he was just kind of from a mental standpoint, he had gone to spring training understanding, look, I'm going back to shortstop position, and that transition. I thought it was also a very poignant conversation that Mookie Ben's had to said, Hey, look we're still playing together up the middle at that particular time, Bets at the time was at shortstop, and then Lux goes to second base. I think Gavin Lucks has surprised a lot of people, myself included what he's been able to do defensively.
Speaker 11: At one point, do we accept that this is Gavin Lux instead of wondering when it's going to happen?
Speaker 8: I think it's a very fair question because the first half does not match up to what we have seen since that time, which has really been off the charts. It's amazing when you see a player all of a sudden recapture confidence, and that's what we're seeing with Gavin Lux.
Speaker 11: It feels like he's slowed down the game as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, play especially well.
Speaker 8: Slow it down, David, when you have confidence, and I'm talking about slowing it down from a mental standpoint, your approach, because when you're not hitting, it seems like you're always going to home plate with two strikes. When you're hot, it doesn't matter if you have two strikes.
Speaker 11: That's how I feel when I come into the booth every day. Down oh two with Rick MONDAYE.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, well you're improving. You're leading with account one and two.
Speaker 4: Thanks Rick.
Speaker 11: We'll try to even it tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Have a good off day tomorrow, by the way, thank you.
Speaker 11: Off date Dodger Talk at six o'clock. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim can't wait, David appreciate.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by a Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more and Speedy Cash dot com or stop in an LA area Speedy Cash store. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Tim and Rick will have the keys to the game. But up next, we go high and Tight with Evan Films, Dodger reliever Dodgers Mariners first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Mariners, Jack Fileriti, Logan Gilbert. The pitching matchup in the series finale. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for count for pediatric care. Find the right doctor for your child at c HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 11: This this high and tight, the Dodgers looking to sweep the Mariners tonight. And we're joined right now by Dodgers super reliever, the one and only Evan Phillips, who hasn't been on the show in a while, but you know we gotta let the season breed, let it mariny, right, Evan, you don't want to see me too much?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Absolutely, and I only people can only handle so much at David Veasse, you know, Da.
Speaker 11: Thanks a lot for the time, and obviously very happy that you've been able to write the ship.
Speaker 4: What's been the process for you.
Speaker 6: You know, coming off the hamstring injury.
Speaker 12: I think we were just a little, uh maybe too patient, too passive with getting my body completely back on track. And I think everything felt so close for you know, really about a month there, and we were just kind of towing that line for a while about how we wanted to go about it, and eventually we really just decided to challenge my lower half and and really you know, focus on.
Speaker 6: Getting things back in line.
Speaker 12: And you know, when we did that, you know, we get the physical side in line, the mental peace right, and then an overall you know, game plan in line as well. I think, you know, putting those pieces together has really, you know, been the reason I've seen this upswing, you know, coming.
Speaker 6: Off of that. That's that rough pass for me.
Speaker 11: What about the trust factor? I hear so many guys, even as recently with Gavin Lux, were you just got to trust that your body's completely healthy. Was there a mental hurdle to be crossed as well?
Speaker 12: You know, it's hard to say, because something that I never felt, you know, wrong physically. I think there was just some some things mechanically that we're getting out of whack that you know, once we addressed it and you know, kind of took the chain of events that that created, right, So we kind of analyze the issue and then you know, get get it right in the weight room, get right in the training room, and then get my mental side you know, locked in as well.
Speaker 6: And then yeah, at the end of the day, you got.
Speaker 12: To go out there and trust those factors and trust all that preparation, and trust your talent too. I think that was a big part of it for me, is that, you know, pitching, being a reliever, those things just in general, there's gonna be some variants, right, You're gonna get You're gonna have your audience where you give up runs, and the game's gonna you know, get you here and there. But being able to trust that you can go out there and get the job done still, it's definitely a big part of it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: It's funny, I got a phone call from Oral Herscheizer this morning, and he was speaking to me like you would speak to you about pitching and deliveries and all that, and he said, if you were so focused about where the ball is coming out of your hand, it's too late. Were you working on the foundation of where your delivery was at even before you got there.
Speaker 6: No, you know, it was something that I never really took to the mound.
Speaker 12: I think that was It was always something that would be we would talk about it after the fact, and it would always come from, you know, I'm mis executing a pitch and uh, you know the results you know, may have been a home run or extra base hit, something that affects the game, right, So we would you take a look under the hood and be like, man, I just you know, my body wasn't quite in the right spot there, and I would why is this happening?
Speaker 6: Things like that.
Speaker 12: But you know, especially as a reliever, it's so hard to go out there and focus on mechanics. We have to go out there and try to just be as cerebral as we can and trust that our talent's gonna.
Speaker 6: And all the work that we put in is gonna, you know, be what takes us, you know, through the outing.
Speaker 12: So there was a bit of frustration in that regard for you know, not being on top of it sooner, uh, you know, because it cost us games, it costs me, you know, uh, statistics on the season, and obviously, you know, everybody wants to perform well.
Speaker 6: So it was very frustrating in that regard.
Speaker 12: But I think we're also very proud of, you know, once we got under the hood and really took a closer look at things, how fast we've been able to come out of it.
Speaker 11: Dodgers super reliever Evan Phillips is our guest and on brand has a baseball in his end and is playing with grips.
Speaker 4: How often do you play with grips.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say I'm playing with grips.
Speaker 12: It's more I would just treat it like a like a fidget spinner, right, It's just something something to do. I have a ball in my car that I'm just always toying around with one. I have one with me all the time in the bullpen, just messing around, and you know, it's kind of like a little uh, it just comforting, right, It just feels good to play around with it and kind of lock in my feels and things like that, because you know, it's not that I'm searching for anything, right, but it's always good to just feel comfort in knowing that you can go out there and.
Speaker 6: Trust your grips and and let things rip.
Speaker 12: So you know, there's a bit of that baked into it, but it's also just, you know, a lot of fun to spin around and play with.
Speaker 11: You do a pretty good job of doing that in the bullpen and on the mound. I was wondering if you could take us into the bullpen because you guys have been so nimble coming in in different situations no matter what the inning is. What are the conversations like amongst relievers as the game is unfolding?
Speaker 12: You know, I think we have a lot of leadership down there that has done a lot of different things, you know, throughout their time and throughout their careers. So being able to lean on those guys and communicate, you know, our thoughts about you know, some of the fluidness of our roles, and I think, you know, the staff does a great job of communicating that on a day to day basis to us. But then it's our job to you know, have that expectation when the phone rings, we're just gonna get ready to be prepared to go get our outs. And so some nights it might look different than others, you know, like kudos to Anthony Banda, Alex Vesia, you know myself, Daniel Hudson, you can go down the line, and we've all kind of contributed in different spots this year, and you know, we don't you know, we're not upset about it one bit because we understand that the objective is to go out there and win the game.
Speaker 6: So however we can go out there and contribute on a day to day basis is. You know that that's our job each each and every night.
Speaker 11: You guys have been leaned upon quite a bit over the course of the second half of the season, getting guys like Brazier, Joe Kelly back, also Blake trying and coming back. How much does that help the rest of you guys that have been there all season long shouldering the innings.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, keeping keeping our guys, you know, fresh and getting our guys healthy is as much as possible, it is going to be a huge factor for us down the stretch. And that includes you know, Bruce dargratorol as well. We are so so excited to get him back hopefully here soon. Yeah, as these pieces come together, as we get healthy in other parts of the game. Uh, we're really just hoping to build. You know what this team's going to look like going down the stretch and heading into the postseason.
Speaker 11: All right, Evan, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 6: Really appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Always learns something from you, So thank you for your time and look forward to seeing you sometime in the game tonight.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. Thanks Dave there he is.
Speaker 11: The man, Evan Phillips, always consistent with his personality. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: DV Dodgers Baseball brought to you by our friends, says Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 4: What is game Night? It's group night.
Speaker 3: A's Shakys dot Com. Lean you up to first pitch Dodgers and mayorn up. Next we'll break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere from Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All season law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Mariners, final game of this three game set. Dodgers now with a three and a half game lead over the San Diego Padres, who have lost. Yeah, the Padres can lose a baseball game, as they have lost it to the Minnesota Twins eleven to four. So the Dodgers now three and a half games up as we speak over the Padres. First pitch tonight coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 3: Matchup represented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality an all New twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 4: See your Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 3: Logan Gilbert on the mound seven to nine, two ninety six Erora, twenty seven year old right hander. First round pick in twenty eighteen out of Stetson. Fourth season now in the big leagues. He was an All Star this year. His twenty six started this season. He leads the American League in whip and quality starts. Don't let the record fully He's really good. He just hasn't got a lot of run support. Last time out six and the third eights, four runs, five hits in a loss to the Pirates. Again, pitch pretty well didn't see a winning it got a loss. Tonight's his second career start against the Dodgers. He's zero to one with a nine R RAY. He made the start against them last September in Seattle. Five indians, five runs, seven hit, six strikeouts, and he took the l Jack Felerity on the mound for the Dodgers nine to five, three zero six ERA. Twenty eight year old right hander, first round pick out of Harvard West Lake in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: He's from Burbank.
Speaker 3: Though twenty second start of the season, made his eighteenth starts for Tigers this year, going seven and five with the two ninety five ERA and one hundred and thirty three strikeouts.
Speaker 4: He was in traded to the Dodgers. Hes made three starts.
Speaker 3: He made his debut in Oakland, and he got his fiftieth career winning, his first in a Dodger uniform, going six scoreless frames, allow me just five hits and striking out seven. Last time out, five innings, three runs, four hit, seven strikeouts and a no decision.
Speaker 4: Against the Brewers.
Speaker 3: He's facing the Mariners for the third time in his career. He's want to know with at five to ninety one era. He last faced him last April when he's with Saint Louis six innings and give up three runs on five hits and nine.
Speaker 4: Strikeouts in a win.
Speaker 3: Jack Flaherity Logan Gilbert, Dodgers Mariners were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jap on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Mariners.
Speaker 3: Jack Flarity, Logan Gilbert and pitching matchup of the series finale, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers fans and a Hanserd listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all power by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org.
Speaker 4: All right, before first.
Speaker 3: Pitch, so's head back out to the two guys in the booth on the call, Tim Neverettrick Monday.
Speaker 5: Tim, thank you very much. We get you ready for the first pitch tonight, Dodgers and Mariners. Dodgers going for the sweep. Really good pitching matchup tonight. The Mariners have rolled out some very good starting pitchers and Logan Gilbert who'll throw tonight. He's two games under five hundred as far as wins and losses go seven and nine. But he has an ERA under three and opponents are hitting only one ninety five against him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, both ends of the spectrum. First of all, he averages above ninety five miles an hour on the fastball and then off speed pitch in particular, if opponents get runners in scoring position, you see that off speed pitch almost seventy percent of the time. So he works both ends of the spectrum. And he's another one of these Mariners pitchers that has really been doing the job.
Speaker 4: The Mariners.
Speaker 5: It's almost like.
Speaker 8: Two different teams. Their er collectively the best in baseball. They're batting average collectively the worst in baseball.
Speaker 6: So what do you get tonight?
Speaker 5: Jack Flarerity hopes to take advantage of the low batting average of the Mariners and come up with another win. As he gets said to make his fourth start as a Dodger his twenty second of the season Flarity against Gilbert. That's the pitching matchup as we get you ready for Game three, Dodgers and Mariners coming up all right.
Speaker 3: First pitch right around the corner of the Dodgers going into play tonight, first place atop the NL West. We told you that the San Diego Padres have already lost at home to the Minnesota Twins eleven to four, So the Dodgers as we speak, three and a half games up in the division.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers win now'll push that number to four.
Speaker 3: As far as the Arizona Diamonbacks, we're currently four games back.
Speaker 4: Well, they're up ten to eight. It looks like that game has just gone finally.
Speaker 3: Yep, Diebacks win ten eight in Miami over the Marlin, so they'll stay at four games back, assuming the Dodgers get a win.
Speaker 4: Let's hope they do.
Speaker 3: Jack Clarity on the mound, Dodgers going for the sweep. After this one's over, David Vassie will have you cover with all the postgame festivities.
Speaker 4: First pitches next, and join everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kasey's Barrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network