Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection with Try and County Tech. We have Randall Jones with us. Randall, it's always great to see you here. You always bring the energy. We've got a lot of things coming.
Speaker 2: Up, Yes, we do, sir, a lot of things coming up. Christmas is coming, but we got some things we want to get out there before that hits.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, indeed. We we got some adult classes opening up.
Speaker 2: We do our spring semester be hitting hard, hitting heavy in January. We've got some openings and got several programs. We're doing some new stuff. We're going to offer phlebotomy over in PUHUSCA and we've never done that at our Prohuska site, so we're.
Speaker 3: Excited about that.
Speaker 2: And we got it's We've got quite a few students coming in, but I still got a few openings.
Speaker 1: UF.
Speaker 3: That's something you're interested in, let's go.
Speaker 1: You know, if you've wanted to get your first foray into the medical occupation, this is where it starts.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, this is the beer on the scene. Here on the scene.
Speaker 2: And so we've got we've got electrical and plumbing coming as well. We've got some computer with networking and cybersecurity.
Speaker 3: We got accounting.
Speaker 2: We've got a Clinical Medical Administrative Assistant class, which is a great thing if you're thinking about getting into nursing or maybe you're a CNA and you want to take that next step. It's a great six month course. And we're seeing so many jobs right now. The hospital is looking for a ton for a lot of them. So come and let's get you certified.
Speaker 1: You know, I was recently at Trike County check and we had the gentleman who runs the Chamber of Conference with the State of Oklahoma, and he was talking about how education needs to meet the workforce. Well, Try County Tech's been doing that since the beginning of Trick.
Speaker 2: County teach right for a long time, and we're always looking at ways to improve that and to make that a better relationship and help those local employers out.
Speaker 3: And so we want to listen to them.
Speaker 2: And it's a benefit for our entire community when we do that, because our students are getting jobs, our employers are getting employees, and we're helping bridge that gap between the two.
Speaker 3: And we love that opportunity.
Speaker 1: And you know, if you've already got a job, but you think maybe you could do a little bit better.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you need to really take a good critical look at trit County Tech. You just talked about some wonderful career opportunities for people that we're we've got jobs right now for these fields.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, and we're going to we'll help you along the way from maybe you have some issue you want to brush up on some soft skills, or maybe you need somebody to look over your resume, or you don't have a resume and you need one.
Speaker 3: Those are all.
Speaker 2: Services that we offer our students to not just get trained, but we want to make them employable and help them, you know, find a bridge over some of those weaknesses so that they can they can get a job. So we're going to help them along the way.
Speaker 1: You know, as a young man back in the nineteen seventies, some of these career technical schools were just kind of getting started, right and Try County Tech has been around for.
Speaker 3: What four yeah, nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 4: Sixty seven, Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a long time ago. But it started off with nursing because we needed nurses right for sure.
Speaker 2: And we're still there. We're We just had a pinning last night. We sixteen opns graduated and we've got twenty two starting in January, and we'll start taking applications for that program coming up again in August.
Speaker 1: So now you're just talking about plumbing, electricians and things like that. These are jobs that never go away. No, there's always a demand for qualified work.
Speaker 2: Absolutely field, absolutely, and in this market we're seeing, I mean it's in drastic need. Those trades are in drastic needs for plumbers, heating and air electricians, and so we're getting them that entry level so to start as an apprentice, can start earning those hours so they can go set to take that test to get their journeymen. So that's this is the beginning start.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is where a lot of career dreams come true. This is where we start them, and this is where we send you in the in the We don't just handy you a diploma when you've done, because you got some cheerleaders that are working on your behalf as you're going through.
Speaker 2: The Absolutely, absolutely in any of those things that come along the way. You know, one of the things I love about Tri County is they they are who they say they are and they really do want to make a difference in the lives of their students and more than just the classroom, but beyond it.
Speaker 1: Now, Randall, when we talk about the spring session coming up, how.
Speaker 4: Soon is the spring session?
Speaker 2: So those class dates are going to vary depends on We've got some starting as early as mid January as to late January. A couple of those are going to start in February, so we're trying to process and get those rolled. Application is open now at Tri County Tech dot e edu on the adult page.
Speaker 3: Apply today.
Speaker 2: They'll see all my contact information there if you have any questions, but yeah, we'll get you, get you going and get your rolling, so we get you in school in January.
Speaker 1: Now, for the folks who are already working, do we have flexible classes?
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: Those are most of our most of all of our adult programs are going to be in the evening So all those classes I just discussed our evening classes. So they're going to start and uh, they're gonna start two nights a week, sometimes three, and even some of those now are moving to hybrid so you have some option to do some online and then you have you have that support of an inst there if you need it to come to class, and so we can kind of work with you because we know life gets busy if you're working a job and you've got a family. We're trying to help you be flexible, but also helping you try to take that next step so you can get that promotion or start a new career, whatever that may be. We're here to help you.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of certificate programs.
Speaker 3: Yes we did.
Speaker 4: And you know something that was one thing that never existed.
Speaker 1: They would check your resume and say, well, how do we know that you know how to do this.
Speaker 4: Or how do you do that?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 4: What? What?
Speaker 1: What qualifies that? Well, now we have certificate programs. Absolutely, yes, you do have the training, did complete it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: And so and if you kind of want to know what certifications you're going to get with the particular program that you're looking at, you'll just go to tray County Tech.
Speaker 3: Dot edu Adult Programs. Look at that.
Speaker 2: When you open up each of the program pages give we give you a list of what those certifications are, so you know what you're getting.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is absolutely tremendous. You know, for years you've been coming in here and we've been talking about this and people get excited about it. I have a young story at home, still last of seven, and she's now attending Try County Tech learning to.
Speaker 4: Be a teacher, all right.
Speaker 1: And although she is a student who's going to try County Tech, she says, I see so many people there that really got their eyes open. They didn't think that what they wanted to do could even be remotely close to being available. But she says, dare to step on campus, dare to dream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: And she's seeing a lot of the older students come in and she says, my goodness sakes, you know, they look like they're just prayed to tear into it and have a ball.
Speaker 4: When they all said they are, they're very motivated.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: And it's the one thing I love about to you no matter who you deal with it too, you're going to find a great support system. Not just to get you into one of our classes. We want to we want to help support you in life and in general. And that's what we're here for.
Speaker 1: And you got a great foundation to help you out to one thing. One thing that I found to be absolutely true is that when you graduate from Trick County Tech. You don't have a mountain of debt following you that does. You don't have that trail.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of benefits for scholarships and financial assistance through the foundation that are a lot of our our local communities help support that. One hundred percent of our employees give to the foundation that helped because we believe, we see the difference it makes. We're investing into the lives of students, and we know what what what it's doing and the impact it's making. And so it's pretty cool to be a part of an organization that doesn't just say something, but we also we put our you know, everybody puts the money where their mouth is and makes it make an investment for for our students.
Speaker 1: All right, once again, if you're an adult, you're looking to better yourself in the workplace, maybe even look at a new career or perhaps moving further along eating your.
Speaker 4: Career, get a hold of Rantle.
Speaker 1: Just get hold of the website at Try County Tech ed up and my god, I see what kind of future.
Speaker 4: Wait, let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we're here for.
Speaker 2: So Try County Tech dot edu, email me, call me, let's.
Speaker 3: Get you let's let's get you going today. Randall, thanks for Hey, thanks for having us