Speaker 1: Let's get into a little bit of television and movies.
Speaker 2: Shall we escape time? What you watch on Wednesday?
Speaker 3: The following program is brought to you in living color, but you watch it in there. Americans love television. They win their kids USA television match.
Speaker 1: You've been watching too many of those live television shows. How to Train Your Dragon is expected to have a nice fast start at the box office. This is a live action remake. They say it's going to make between seventy and eighty million dollars in the first weekend, overtaking Lelo and Stitch, which took the first three weeks and a rows brought in more than seven hundred and seventy five million dollars worldwide.
Speaker 3: It looks pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: The materialists I saw this advertised, it looks good. It's about a matchmaker. Dakota Johnson, Pedro Pascal, Chris Evans. I'll all go see that, probably because I'm a girl and I like a little rom com when it slaps me in the face, Is that what that is? I think?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Okay, I just thought it involved a matchmaker, and I'm thinking if it involves a matchmaker, it's some woman who's a matchmaker and she's matchmaking and then finds her match, and that's just it's a formulaic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hi, Gary and Shannon, this is Kathleen from Rancho Santa Margarita and I am watching Department Q on Netflix. Really a good British show. I highly recommend it. Yeah, great day, thank you.
Speaker 2: I've been curious about that one.
Speaker 1: It keeps being referenced to me or pushed to me on Netflix, and we heard about that last week as well.
Speaker 2: People seem to like.
Speaker 3: That, right, I still I had the same thing mine. It keeps showing up in my in my list of things that I might like. And it's based on a Danish movie apparently, or a series of Danish films, and then this version of it is based in Scotland.
Speaker 1: Is it a crime thriller tie or it's a series.
Speaker 3: Uh series of noir Danish Nordic noir crime novels. Yeah, I like that. The Department Q is a series of ten novels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Danish novels.
Speaker 1: Crime novels in particular are a whole genre, a whole niche, and people love them and they're they're really well done.
Speaker 2: I just haven't fallen into that yet.
Speaker 3: They're always very dark. Yeah, I very much. So that's what I recall from the couple, that you like darkness. I do, Yeah, I do. It depends on what time of year. That to me is a fall late fall kind of a series. Okay, you're already cold. Maybe the fireplace is on to keep you. Yeah, I understand that, but not when it's ninety four degrees outside. That That one I don't think is going to be my thing. But maybe watching Dayline. Dayline is always awesome. Dance Department Q yep, Netflix and WHITELOADUS season three.
Speaker 2: White Load What a waste of my time?
Speaker 1: Hi, I love you. I did think that Weight LOADUS season three was a waste of time. Though.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't stand any of those people. I didn't like any of them.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got the whole Parker posy thing funny ha ha la razapam, But like I just I didn't root for any of them.
Speaker 2: They were all awful.
Speaker 1: I get what they're trying to do in terms of, you know, making fun of the class and the rich and how they vacation and their alleged problems. I it wore thin on me. I just I thought it was a waste of time. Would you if it was clever? Well, it's the third season now, is it kind of a repeat of.
Speaker 2: The other Maybe? I mean, maybe I'm just over it. Hi, Shannon, this is Holly in Florida.
Speaker 4: And I know what. You're not watching The Mormon Wives season two because we wouldn't be having all this ketamine talk. That young dark haired girl with the blonde, crueler haired, gambling attic husband that broke up last time around or whatever, they do ketamine and like one of the first episodes together out of facility, apparently she does it all the time and it was his first time.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: I gobbled The Secret Lives and Mormon Wives up in like the first weekend. I couldn't get enough of that. I finished that weeks ago. Now I don't remember the kenemy, probably because I just burned through that series. I don't remember the ketamine thing, but I guess I vaguely remember it now. But yeah, that's a great show. I mean, and one of my friends said that she too was addicted to it, and she goes, but it's so unsatisfying, And I thought, what a great word to describe that show. And really, most reality television is you want to see what happens. You want to see the train wreck and you finish the episodes and you're like, I feel so unfulfilled.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Fluff food. It's a it's a empty Calagi Union waiver in that. There's no there's not a lot of taste to it. I mean, you're being a little sacrilegious.
Speaker 2: Probably we're talking about the Body of Christ.
Speaker 3: Pull back from that. On Apple TV, you and I both saw the first episode of Stick with Owen Wilson, and I haven't gotten around to see the other There's two other episodes that are out, and I think episodes two and three came out that day, and then episode four comes out today.
Speaker 1: I don't remember my problem with it, other than feeling it was kind of weak stream and if it wasn't Owen Wilson, I definitely won't watch it.
Speaker 2: And if it's going to be about golf, make it about golf.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's about personal things.
Speaker 3: They refer to Owen Wilson is this golf golf professional, washed up golfer who then becomes sort of a course pro somewhere sees this young prodigy who doesn't want to have anything to do with golf, but is really awesome at it Now it turns out that the young kid had some issues with his dad, but it also has that Owen Wilson had issues with a or a child that's been lost, but we don't know is it dead or is it gone right.
Speaker 1: That's why I stopped watching the flashbacks of the Sun and that whole bit, and I thought.
Speaker 3: It was gonna be funny.
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be about golf and like, get me back into it, get me in the game, and like get me it made me feel competitive again, and there's none of that. It was just why is every Ginny and Georgia same thing? It's all about trauma this season. What is it about trauma? Why are we dying to be entertained by trauma? Why are we falling into like a preteen weird thing of wanting trauma because it makes us interesting?
Speaker 3: What is it? It's like when you get that bruise on your leg and you just want to poke it.
Speaker 1: That's why we like the Mormon Wives, you know, it's like, give me some crap to watch.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear about no bruises trauma.
Speaker 3: You had mentioned this off the air. I think it was Season four of The Bear comes out in two weeks actually, June twenty fifth. All episodes are going to drop, all ten episodes of season four. One of the wildly popular, award winning series. I think it took a lot of people by storm a few years ago in a debut. Yeah, great show, and then they went for two years. Well, it debuted in twenty two and then each June basically it has come out with the new season. So not a great show, It is a fantastic show. We just finished Mobland on Paramount Plus and it was so much better than I expected it. There were a couple of times where the accents got a little thick and you kind of missed some of the dialogue. But Tom Hardy as sort of the enforcer for this mob family is incredible. And Helen Mirren is a bad bee to the point where you do not like her. She and I love her. I did not like her that you you constantly want her to get her come.
Speaker 2: Up and oh wow that she's evil.
Speaker 3: Huh very evil? Okay, very very evil. But she does a great job. I said, Tom Hardy does a great job. Helen Mirren is married to Pierce Brosnan as the head of this crime family and they're fighting another crime family, you know, mob stuff.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I don't see Pierce Brosnan as being ahead of a mob family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does a he does a pretty good job, but it gets it's out of hand, it's crazy out of hand, but it kind of it scratched that that old Peaky Blinder's.
Speaker 2: Itch that you have and your wife like that one as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and it's it's modern day, it's not you know, Peaky Blinders was back in the thirties and well, twenties, thirties and forties. This this is obviously modern day. But some good, good moments in this that Tom Hardy I think was probably the highlight for me, because he plays this guy that's kind of caught doing things he doesn't necessarily want to do as the enforcer guy, the clean up guy in a lot of cases, and he's got some incredible scenes of just being calm at times when other people would be losing their absolute minds.
Speaker 2: That's fun. That's always fun to say.
Speaker 3: To the point where it's almost prison crazy. I like that, like that, which is good. And then we started The Better Sister. This is Jessica Bill and Elizabeth Banks. I keep wanting to say Elizabeth Cherkeley or Hurley or Berkeley or she or No, it's Elizabeth Banks and they play sisters, convoluted relationship. No spoiler to tell you that Julie, Juliet what's her name, Jessica Biel is raising her sister's son with her sister's ex boyfriend or I'm sorry, ex husband, the father of the out.
Speaker 2: Right out the gate.
Speaker 3: But the husband is the one who was killed in the first episode. So they're trying to figure out who did it. There's accusations that are flying. The kid I think is like, I think they're playing him as seventeen years old or something like that. He's a giant human being, so he looks older than that, but he's got this baby face. So it's this it's this kind of a murder mystery thriller to kind of see.
Speaker 2: What everyone's got a motive.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got a motive, and the relationship is obviously fraud between these two sisters. One of them, Elizabeth Banks, pretty heavy into drugs and was abusive and manipulative and all that sort of stuff. But then it turns out they also had an awful childhood together, split apart for whatever reason, the kid you know, goes to live with his aunt basically becomes his mom, and she takes up with the father.
Speaker 2: It sounds very dark, but there's a couple of.
Speaker 3: Very light moments in it which are funny, okay, between these two sisters, because Jessica Biel has played in plenty of comedies as obviously as Elizabeth Banks has as well, and they drop a couple of lines in there that is just sisterly, you know, siblings kind of going after each other without the vitriol, without the anger, without the frustration of their past. And it's still three episodes in. It's still pretty good.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have thought that you picked the would pick that, but you said you were anxious to see it and then but because I wanted to give it a chance, I wanted to see what was going on. So I like Jessica Biele and stuff. Elizabeth Banks I still see is in Hunger Games. I still see her as Effie I have. I know she's been in a bunch of stuff and that's wildly unfair, but that's still kind of how I see her. Probably because I just read another Hunger Games book,