Speaker 1: You're listening to KPI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iheartradiop.
Speaker 2: More people with the jerk mate dot com than the other one. Yeah, is that you jam?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, I went things thinking that they were calling me a jerk, and so I immediately went there and I found out, to my pleasant surprise, wow, not at all.
Speaker 3: It was a chat room for jerk Sure, oh, I should do this.
Speaker 2: I bet you'll be the biggest one. And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle. Good morning.
Speaker 1: It's a taco Tuesday, May twenty seven. I hope that you had a memorable Memorial Day.
Speaker 2: And you know what I do.
Speaker 1: I have to come back and apologize because as I left the show on Friday, I said, have a happy Memorial Day. And even though people do celebrate and they spend time with their family, I didn't mention.
Speaker 2: Well, I shouldn't have said have a happy Memorial Day.
Speaker 1: I should have had a memorable Memorial Day and remembering those who have served and even more those that have given.
Speaker 2: Up their lives. And so I am sorry I left that out.
Speaker 1: Okay, So with that being said, let me said I don't know why people say with that being said, because I just said it.
Speaker 2: So do you think about that for a moment?
Speaker 1: Do you have to reaffirm that you've just said something you've said? All right, Amy, good morning.
Speaker 4: I Bill, good to have you back.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Here we go, we start another day. Neil Gorney, good morning Bill.
Speaker 3: With that being said, Hello, Willie.
Speaker 2: Wolf Okay, cono, good.
Speaker 3: Morning Bill, good morning, said that being said, Yes, Memorial Day barbecue.
Speaker 2: You know what I did have a barbecue.
Speaker 1: I barbecued a try tip on my new Big Eggs. Seriously good. I tried the brisket, which I destroyed, and it was just a great Oh I should send that picture. My daughter sent she did one too at her place. I got her a trigger grill, you know, one of those grills, those smoking things, and she did it and I bought one. I bought my try tip. I got her one too, and oh man, it looks good. So I have to send you a picture. She sent me a picture of the dun try tip and I said, this looks like a liver that has just someone who's been autopsies and took took and taken their liver out and it doesn't look real healthy, which is what they look like. Incidantly, I have to send you a picture of that. All right, I neither hear nor there. With that being said, and good morning, good morning, Okay, a couple of things to announce.
Speaker 2: Oh and Will, I don't see Will. There's Will around. I'm here, Bill, Okay, I can't. I can't see on the monitor.
Speaker 1: Will.
Speaker 2: All right, I've said that, Yeah, no kidding, all right with that?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, let me go on. We are going to have June seventh. We've been bouncing this around. I'm going to make the official announcement starting today on Saturday night, June seventh, we're doing something that has never happened on this show, and that is dinner with the entire Morning crew, and we're inviting you to join us.
Speaker 2: And here is how we're doing it.
Speaker 1: It's contest and it's the same way you actually you enter the same way you do ask Candle.
Speaker 2: Anything you go during the course of the show, you have to do it during the show.
Speaker 1: Is you go onto the iHeartRadio app, click onto the Bill Handle show, and then in the upper right hand corner you'll click onto a microphone and you have fifteen thirty seconds to tell us why you want to have dinner with us, and we'll sort of pick the ones we like and then they go into a hat and then five winners will come out of it. And that's for Saturday night, June seventh. A couple of things. Don't bother with telling me how much you like the show. I don't want to hear it. Okay, it doesn't register anyway, So not interested in how much you like the show bill especially if you tell me how long you've been, if you've been in listening to the show, how long you have That goes in the bin immediately. But just in general, we're gonna have a good time with this. So why should you go or why do you want to go? To have dinner with us? And we're all going to have it should be a great time had by all.
Speaker 2: Because we've never.
Speaker 1: Done this, we know this is going to be spectator and I forgotten that I was going to end with And guess where we're going to have dinner.
Speaker 2: Thank you for reminding me.
Speaker 1: The Anaheim White House in Anaheim, and there is nothing like this food. If you know, if you've been to the Anaheim White House, you know what I'm talking about. If you never have, you were in for the biggest treat of your life. This is insane food and it is a destination rest rount and Northern Italian but also steakhouse.
Speaker 2: And I mean the food is simply spectacular.
Speaker 1: So and there'll be drinks. I mean, you know, it's going to be a full blown dinner. So it's Saturday night, June seventh. During the show, iHeartRadio app click on the bill handle show microphone the up right hand corner.
Speaker 2: Thirty seconds or less.
Speaker 1: Why you want to or should come to dinner with us, the entire crew, and it'll be you plus one, So everybody will be able to bring a guest. One guest for all five of you. That's going to be interesting. How the five of you are going to choose a guest. I use that joke before and everybody sort of chuckled the first time around.
Speaker 2: Well it's not so much anymore.
Speaker 3: Everybody has to It's funny conceptually that everybody has to pick one. Yes, so they bring their spouses and everybody chooses which spouse they actually want to sit with.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true. Okay, guys, ready to do it.
Speaker 1: We've got a fair amount to cover on this Tuesday morning. May twenty seventh, time for Handle on the News with Amy King, neilsy savey.
Speaker 2: Easy for me to say almost, oh, that's good.
Speaker 1: You have you ever seen Neil Sadaka No, oh wow, he's actually very good. I mean he's had a little bit of work. For example, you are still alive, is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He has, I think, and he's had some work.
Speaker 1: For example, you look at his chin, his cleft, uh, and then you realize his belly Yeah, you realize that his belly button really was the cleft at his chin. He's had a chunk of work done. To say the least, Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Lead story.
Speaker 1: This is getting more entertaining than you can imagine, at least the response, not the people dying of course in Kiev, and what Russia is doing to Ukraine in launching the largest single drone attack an aerial attack so far in the history of the war. And Trump at this point just said, okay, that's enough. He wrote on True Social I've always had a good relationship with Putin of Russia, but something has happened to him. He's gone absolutely crazy. And earlier he said I'm not happy with Putin and Dmitri Peskov. The spokesperson for Russia came back and said that it's emotional overload at this very important moment, accusing Trump of just well reacting emotionally reacting. So Putin isn't taking seriously what Trump is saying at all, because there's still no additional sanctions that are being hit on Russia at all. So it is we'll see what happens. But well, Russia is already a pariah state. And I wonder if Putin ever wakes up and goes, maybe this wasn't the best idea in the world, or maybe he was.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's like Hamas, maybe it is he goes, I'm willing to pay the I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think the latter is probably true. Although he gets up in the morning, takes off as vodka, takes off his shirt, wrestles a bear, and goes, nah, this is the right decision. He's not letting up at all.
Speaker 2: No, although I.
Speaker 1: Think when he first started he didn't anticipate this war would go on.
Speaker 2: For three years. I think I thought was going to fall in three days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, this guy does not love a parade. A fifty three year old man plowed his minivan into a crowd of soccer fans in Liverpool who were out celebrating the city's Premier League championship in London. More than forty five people were injured. Twenty seven were taken to the hospital, including four kids. Firefighters even had to lift the minivan off of four victims to free them because they basically ran over.
Speaker 4: And stopped on top of them.
Speaker 5: Investigators say this guy acted alone, and they are not saying it's terrorism.
Speaker 1: How did he survive when the car came to a stop and people broke. The crowd broke the window and dragged him out. So when he did stop, but they still broke, you know, it did come to a stop. So I assume the police were able to save him, because I can't imagine someone not pulling him out and.
Speaker 2: Stomping him and a whole group of him.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would, wouldn't you take your time as the cops?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, but that means even more.
Speaker 1: I mean, if this happened to me was I would pretend I'm like at a Jewish wedding and this guy's head is the glass that I break, stomping on it.
Speaker 3: Oh great, great, analogy we can all relate to as fellow.
Speaker 2: Jews, So thank you. All right.
Speaker 3: Trump is making some suggestions on social media, as he has one to do. And President Trump floated this plan yesterday for the three billion dollars he wants to kind of take away from Harvard University. He said that he was thinking about using the money to fund vocational schools.
Speaker 1: So no, I think it's kind of interesting because even these were scientific grants, research grants that have been withheld. Does he take that and give it to vocational schools? I yeah, I don't know, it's conflating.
Speaker 3: He didn't give any details, how, No.
Speaker 1: No, no, Now we'll see what happens. I mean, it's a fight with Harvard. Harvard has become the poster child of the fight with Donald Trump. Higher education in the fight. So we'll see who wins that one. I think Trump's going to win that one because I think he had Yeah, I think so. I think he has the ability under his control of the federal government to stop foreign students from coming in.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have.
Speaker 1: Those are special visas that are given by the State Department. Two students coming in, they're student visas, and they and the State Department has the right to say no, no, not interested. There's no constitutional right to come here under a visa. So I think that's where he's going to nail Harvard because I think got thirty percent of the money Harvard gets for tuition is foreign students.
Speaker 2: That's full retail.
Speaker 1: Everybody else, very few Harvard students who go there who are Americans, pay full tilt.
Speaker 2: Very few.
Speaker 4: Just a little lover's coral. Nothing to see here.
Speaker 5: French President and Manuel Macron has played down and a apparent spat with his wife. Video shows what appears to be the French First Lady shoving her husband in the face after they arrived in Hanoi, Vietnam. So there's a video of them before they got off their plane, and it looks like there's a red arm home.
Speaker 2: You've seen the video kind of shifting miss.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing missing was a po's.
Speaker 3: Kind of with both hands to shove his face.
Speaker 2: And you know, and then I was having a fun. No, he wasn't. Uh, she popped him one. The look on his face was no, oh my god. But it was playful. Sure it was. He obviously said something. What did to deal with that?
Speaker 1: You know, she's twenty five years older than he is, since he was no and and and the rest of the story.
Speaker 2: He met her she was his school teacher, and decided that's the woman I'm going to marry and told.
Speaker 4: Her that when he was a kid, he told her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just a wild story.
Speaker 4: But he waited until they were like legal age.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, yeah, I think so, he waited until he was legal age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she wouldn't go to prison.
Speaker 3: Well, people said that she she was you know, what's the word when you know, when you're playing I thank you Amy, Yeah, grooming him. But they're weird relationship, but it was not playful.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do one more and then take a break.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is such a wonderful story. Two month old black bear cub rescued from the woods, now being raised by a new foster family in San Diego. These are humans at the San Diego Humane Societies Ramona Wildlife Center, and they're dressing as bears to keep him from forming bonds with humans, you know, because that could screw up him returning to the wild. So the staff members that are caring form are dressed up in bear costumes and they got masks and for coats and leather gloves, just to make sure that they can take care of him, and not that's sweet.
Speaker 1: It is that like the condors, little baby condors, where they're fed with hand puppets that look like condors. And this is a win win because not only is this bear being fed, people are dressing as bears, but Halloween is taken care of.
Speaker 4: I was going to say it was a big boost the furry population.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's even better. Okay, all right, I'll take that one.
Speaker 2: All right, Bill, It just.
Speaker 3: If they were rescuing any hairless cats, you could go ahead and you wouldn't even need to put any costume on.
Speaker 2: Just at that point, we're going to take a break.
Speaker 1: If that's okay, we Michelle will don't laugh, you.
Speaker 2: Know, we'll kill you. No no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: Actually you could probably do the bears. Just take your shirt off.
Speaker 4: But is this the pot calling the kettle black?
Speaker 5: President Trump told graduates at West Point to avoid trophy wives.
Speaker 4: Comments came during his commencement address.
Speaker 5: He was talking about real estate developer Bill Levitt and started talking about how he got a divorce and then found a new wife. And he said, you know when you get a trophy wife. It doesn't work out too well. A lot of trophy wives, it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: You have to admit that you're not bored with this If you're sitting in the audience, usually it's do what you get, get a passion for what you.
Speaker 2: Do, follow your heart.
Speaker 1: You know, your normal crap that you hear this one is don't get a trophy wife.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, my my wife got a trophy husband.
Speaker 2: It's worth Yeah, he certainly did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you did think it might be the other way around.
Speaker 2: What how dare you?
Speaker 1: Amy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Engagement with digital technology is associated with fifty eight percent reduction risk of cognitive cognitive impairment and people middle aged or older. So this Journal of Nature Human Behavior was checking this out. They didn't know if it would cause more problems or if it would be helpful. In t it's out as helpful. The analysis revealed that technology could play a role in preserving brain function and not worsening it. And unfortunately Bill Handles screwed completely.
Speaker 1: Uh completely. I just learn how to print in the morning. And I'm not exaggerating either. I am not exact.
Speaker 2: It's Uh.
Speaker 1: I used to have to when I'm I used to have to when I was broadcasting. I got my own studio and I was in Las Vegas for a period of time, and then I moved to Orange County. Now I'm in my home studio. As well as bringing up there. Uh, I had to hire someone to come in the morning and help me print and get my stories together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So my cognitive abilities are decreasing dramatically.
Speaker 4: But you use your iPhone very badly.
Speaker 3: You have no idea how often I into me every morning to say, how do I get rid of emails?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do that with I three times a day. I do that with lindsay if not more, do.
Speaker 4: You play Mortal in Coortle?
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 4: Connections?
Speaker 2: No, okay, I play with myself.
Speaker 4: Thank you, good good dog.
Speaker 5: A new generation of crime fighting canines is officially joined the California Highway Patrol. Six highly trained canines, now deployed across the state are hitting the streets, trained from day one to detect fentanel Governor Newsom's offices. The new canine unit includes five Belgian Malinois and one German Shepherd. They've completed months of intensive training to improve public safety and address the growing threat of fentanyl and other illicit substances.
Speaker 2: How do you train a dog to find feentanyl? It doesn't die?
Speaker 3: You know, I was thinking the same thing, like, how like don't you smell particulates? And if there's particulates, isn't that Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because they say any contact with fentanyl can be deadly.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's the whole point.
Speaker 1: So don't know how that's done. What's kind of neat? I mean, fetanyl is so so insane dangerous.
Speaker 3: Of course the governor went to pet the dog before he went. He goes, they can't smell cocaine, right, just killing More than a week after ten prisoners, you know, had that crazy escape out of the bathroom there in the New Orleans jail.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was the bathroom, it was just the cell it was.
Speaker 2: I think it was a cell with toilet in the cell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it says, says out of a bathroom wall in the New Orleans jail, inmates remain on the run and these are two batties. So they're saying these remaining inmates and Twine Massey and Derek Groves, both whom should be considered armed and dangerous and Twine apparently no stranger to breakouts, thirty three years old, as a history of escaping dating back to two thousand and seven, so he knows how to be on the run.
Speaker 1: We'll have to You know what this what's fascinating about this story is the inmates. The inmates look like inmates, no question about it. But you've got eight or nine people in the jail that have been arrested for helping them. These are guards and civilian employees that help them. They look more like inmates than the inmates do.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, take a look they are They look like inmates with the hair and the clothes they were arrested.
Speaker 2: I can't tell the difference.
Speaker 5: This so reminds me of the mayor of Kingstown. Have you guys watched that show No Oh with Jeremy Renner and it's about it's really, really good, but it's the guards are all corrupt, the inmates are all corrupt, and the people on the outside run what's going on on the inside.
Speaker 4: It's fascinating show.
Speaker 2: How do you get that many people too here?
Speaker 1: What did these idiots think they weren't going to get caught?
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about the inmates. I can see. I can absolutely see that, you know, trying to escape. I don't know what the hell's going on. Oh oh, okay, I got it. It stopped. Is it your room? But no, no, it's it's the elevator coming down.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, you couldn't afford the quiet one? No, hold on, No, I thought that was my portial alarm.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a it's a long story with the foot and I do that. And let me tell you in anticipation when I remodel the house, because when I get old, uh, you know what you think about this for a moment. No, here comes the elevator again. Now it's going sideway. Now it's going sideways. It's a very strange elevator. Yeah, it's a mat. Yeah it's a pneumatic because I couldn't put in anything other than But here's here's why you have everything is a two story house.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: It's almost impossible to get a hold.
Speaker 1: Of a one story house because the footprint is too big, and so those are harder to buy and insanely expensive. But most people, when they retire and they get old and cruddy, they have to leave.
Speaker 2: They cannot stay.
Speaker 1: And if you're going to stay in a house until you basically die, and you have the room, and they're not that expensive.
Speaker 2: The pneumatic elevators, they're not.
Speaker 1: It makes sense because when I'm old and cruddy and can't walk anymore, guess what I get to do.
Speaker 2: I don't have to move. That's why.
Speaker 1: So when we remodeled my house and you go borrow money, borrow enough to.
Speaker 2: You know, put in and make it.
Speaker 3: Don't train and act like one of us.
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling you, so many people are doing it. I'm telling you so many people are doing it because it makes all the It makes sense. Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: It's well, the pneumatic ones are pretty noisy. Yeah, there's no way around it. Not okay, that's that's all. Okay, all right, we're done, guys. And for this, God, you always embarrass me.
Speaker 3: You know what, Neil, Well, if you didn't have that, you could get yearly passes to Disneyland. Like being Amy, I'll take the elevator, because if you can't walk downstairs, you're not going on an annual pass to day Disneyland unless you buy one of those, yeah, one of those jazzy scooters.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 5: All right, Freddy Freeman keeps showing us why he's a fan favorite. Dodger star. Freddy Freeman and his wife Chelsea are donating a million dollars to Children's Hospital of Orange County. Why well, if you'll recall, that's where their son was treated for several weeks last year after he came down with a severe case of gian Barre syndrome. He has since recovered and Freedom Freeman and his wife are giving back.
Speaker 2: That's a great story.
Speaker 3: Yeh, Yeah, it's a good outcome too. Irvine was named number four the fourth best place to raise a family. This Orange County city that we all know and love, was the only Southern California city to make the top five. It is Fremont, California, Overland Park, Kansas, Plano, Texas, IRV, and then South South Parling Day.
Speaker 2: This is across the US. Yeah, so you've.
Speaker 1: Got three mont and you have erm two of the top five cities in the country to live in, one of them being in southern California.
Speaker 2: Who would have guessed.
Speaker 3: Los Angeles is seventy six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it's just behind Sanna Yemen.
Speaker 1: Rough where you know the per you know the deaths per one hundred thousand, or nine hundred and fifty or ninety five thousand per one thousand.
Speaker 3: The hardest part is trying to explain to your son, your eight year old son, why the guy is dropping his pants on the corner, talking to himself and waving a sharp stick at passerbyse it's back, that's all of us.
Speaker 5: Looks like a Tourists are staying away from the USA. A new study or survey from Truvago says that people are taking the US off of their list for trips abroad because of economic uncertainty. The company has seen double digit percentage declines in bookings to the US from travelers based in Japan, Canada, and Mexico. Canadians in particular are pretty ticked because Trump kept saying, hey, let's annex Canada.
Speaker 2: He's ever back down from that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tourist business, no surprise, no surprise at all.
Speaker 2: Oh story about birds.
Speaker 3: This is crazy and I don't even know how we're going to do anything about it. But windows are the number one human threat to birds, and their ecologists are like going, hey, we got to come up with ways. They got a couple of easy ways to deal with this, but it happens absolutely regularly. Two recent scientific studies has to make them more than one billion birds. As much as five point n eighteen billion birds die from collisions with sheets of glass each year just in the United States.
Speaker 4: Take down the buildings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know anybody who has not been inside of a home where a bird has not come and smashed itself against the window.
Speaker 4: Very sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because we see it at the building all the time.
Speaker 3: They're in the studio.
Speaker 4: Chickens running right wild.
Speaker 5: You know, you hear about flamingos, and you think about pelicans and parrots in Miami, Florida, But it's the roosters, hens and baby chicks that have come home to rule the roost.
Speaker 4: In the last few years.
Speaker 5: They have a lot of chickens, apparently in residential neighborhoods in like Little Havana, Little Haitian Windwood. But now the chickens and hens and roosters are making their home among the high rises in government buildings downtown. Some people are saying it's kind of an since to hear the crowing all the time, but many have adopted the rooster as an unofficial mascot for the City of Miami.
Speaker 1: Wild Chickens is The way they headlined was that it was not a stone.
Speaker 2: Song wild Oh okay, I got the too confused. Okay, wild horses, wild chickens. They're they're close.
Speaker 3: I'd rather hear wild chicken all right.
Speaker 2: Last week, I think we're done, Neil, Neil, I think we're done. It's one last story. Yeah, we're at five all right, real quickly and leave out all the vowves.
Speaker 3: They're shifting personnel and resources. Powerful new rocket, hoping to have the vehicle ready for Mars mission by next year. And we here on the Morning show have all recommended that Bill Handle go on it.
Speaker 2: So, oh you got it, Thank you. Now we're going to bail out of here.
Speaker 4: There was an elevator on the spaceship.
Speaker 2: It's an elevator to get to the spaceship.
Speaker 1: Thank you. This is KFI A M six. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.