Speaker 1: Welcome to the Parenting Roundabout podcast. I'm Terry Morrow and I'm Catherine Jileco. As parents and parenting writers, we can't help but see everything through a parenting lens. But as our kids have become adults, we find ourselves more interested in getting caught up on movies and streaming than I'm going over the same parenting topics over and over.
Speaker 2: So since we're pretty sure we can find parenting wisdom anywhere, we're going to talk about what we're watching, what we thought about it, and maybe what we can learn from it, if only what not to do. Watch and listen along, and let's all make like we're doing something important for our families.
Speaker 1: Each Tuesday, we bring you a watch or rewatch of an older entertainment property, And for this week of April seventh, we're continuing with Laws season two, episode sixteen, The Whole Truth, a episode I will warn y'all is very bad to watch after you have just gotten shots in your eyes for macular Jaja generation and can't read subtitles on the TV. Yeah Korean, and then there was subtitles, and then there was my husband reading the subtitles. It's like, oh, shoot, I should have watched this before. I could have checked and scene if it was going to matter whether I could see letters, but I got the gist. Yes, the acting job of my husband was sufficient, okay goodness for me to know. I'm swinning at the set. What did they say? Oh? Well, But I have been looking forward to this episode for a very long time, just for that last scene, which I have watched on YouTube any number of times recently. This if you look up lost got milk any milk, The point at which I remember thinking, oh, so he's not just a guy. Yeah, And just the way he was disrespecting Jack in Locke was quite delightful and makes me laugh every time. And what a performance by Michael Emerson, just in that little scene, just the way he's chomping on on cereal and playing the two of them and uh just perfect, perfect, But some interesting things in the rest of it too. Yes, we're going to have another baby Island baby. See last week Claire was being so are you a mother? Yeah, okay, we are.
Speaker 2: Gonna need some more diapers, gonna need another cradle.
Speaker 1: Just out of spite, Son retroactively got herself righted. So take that, Claire. Despite the worst ob g I n in the world. Yeah, like lying to her and then stop her on the street to give her this information. Right, if you're gonna lie to or just lie to work, you know, don't then say oh in here now you have to lie to your husband. Oh exactly what a bum?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And also like bad you for you sir rolling up on someone while they're just walking their dog and be like get in the car.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't care what you are. No no, no, no, no no no. Yeah. Yeah number one, I'm not getting in your car. Number two, I got this dog. You really want this dog in your car? You want him in your car? He looks pretty drooy. So yeah, that was all just a setup for this to give a little extra attention to this storyline, but it was stupid. Go On sucked up and complain about it. Yeah yeah, so yeah, no good, no good, but no good.
Speaker 2: And then then you waited for Jin to blow his stack again.
Speaker 4: Yeah at son, as he's done so many times before.
Speaker 2: But you know, this island somehow has had an effect on him. He's willing to believe this was a miracle and not that she she did on him somehow on this on this so called.
Speaker 1: Desertive to think of the timetable of how long they've been there, because they left things very ambiguous with the old boyfriend. But I think it's too long. Yeah, and certainly, well, we don't know how pregnant she is, do you know? That's true? That's true, pregnant enough that she didn't know she was. Well, yes, she must have suspended. And Kate asks the question for all of us, who flies with the pregnancy? Like, seriously, Sawyer has pregnant, But I did enjoy that, you know. Step one, go talk to Sawyer, like.
Speaker 2: I know she you know, she has this suspicion and she's like, oh, what am I going to do?
Speaker 1: How am I going to figure this out? You know?
Speaker 2: I guess I could go talk to the doctor on the island, or I could, you know, just wait a couple months and see what happens. You know, I'm going to go.
Speaker 1: Talk to Sayer because that man has everything that's right, and so he does. And I was so mad at him for being a jerk and joking around with Jin about it, Yeah, until I realized Bernard figured it. Yeah, Bernard, Bernard and Rose. I've been wondering what happened to them, were they reunited and did they sail off into the sunset? We haven't seen them there they are yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I mean he also like there was no there was no guarantee that it would be positive.
Speaker 1: You know, Sawyer just assumed that.
Speaker 2: If she wants it, it's gonna like guy, you know, there's lots of reasons why that why that might not have been what anyway.
Speaker 1: I want to believe that he remembered that Gin would have no idea what he was saying. So he was just having himself some fun, right, But because otherwise you have to hate him. But and you know we love to love to hate. This is true. Yeah. And before that, we have, from a parenting point of view, that terrible scene where Jen and Son are trying to get pregnant and Jin says, a baby will make everything. A baby will make everything. Okay, yeah, it will fix all our problems. I'm sure your dad won't expect me to kill people. Once I'm a fun it'll be fine. Oh man, don't go into parenting with that, you guys, it's your own problems, yourself. It's just a baby. It does not have magical powers. Maybe on the island, maybe on the magical powers. But in your general life, do not put that pressure on an infant. No, because it's gonna cry and it's gonna make everything more difficult for the immediate moment.
Speaker 2: So and yes, yeah, Son's dad's gonna still be Son's dead. Yes, once exactly, there's a baby. He too, once was in the presence of a small baby, and that's right. He didn't change him.
Speaker 1: It continues to be somebody that doctors are so scared of they light to their patients. So yeah, no, no going to the you know, crashing on an island, that'll make a difference. Yeah, you don't have to be killing any people right now unless you go off on a trek with somebody who is intent to do so. Yeah, but nobody's given him a gun. Who would give Charlie a gun? Did so give Charlie? Know when and how that happened. That doesn't seem right. He doesn't seem to be on team gun. I think if you were passing them out, he's on team. Pat him on the head and tell him to go catch.
Speaker 2: A fish, but not an oyster. There are things he can just pluck one out of the water for a gift.
Speaker 1: For Yes, yeah, it's it's rough. You know, there's no uh, just as there's no drug store to go pick up a pregnancy test, there's no place, there's no Walgreens to go get a card and a Whitman sampler. Yeah, but there's flowers in the jungle, right, he could have done himself a bouquet. Yeah, yeah, next time, might be a little tree frog in one. That'll drive him driver cris Yeah, yeah, he's band your horizons there. Maybe they see if Hurley's got any candy bars, you could pass it on. He hasn't. Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I think didn't We didn't we have a scene where Rose enjoyed.
Speaker 1: At a candy barin I think we did. Yes, So there you go. Yeah, you're getting something disgusting out of the ocean when you could just see if there's any more candy bars in the hatch right, Just so, just like you know everybody goes to Sawyer for their Sundrys, you could probably go to Hurley for your candy bars. We know that man has a stash for sure.
Speaker 2: So well, was it this episode where he was just yeah, he ran into in the jungle she was about to go pian.
Speaker 1: A stick and he's like, oh, I just found this in the jungle. What don't even melted. It's like, buddy, she's got so many more problems right now than you and your candy bar. Just proceed. You're not going to get any judgment here right now. Other things are on her minde yes, indeed, So I was happy that at the end there Jin put Son's garden back. Can you put a garden back? Yeah? I don't know that well he tried, but that that did remind me parenting wise of you know, if somebody is doing something you don't like, you can talk to them and talk to them and talk to them, or you can just remove the thing that they're doing right oftentime. In this case, it was sort of sad and uncomfortable when he did it. But at the same time, you know, with a kid, taking the toy away is sometimes easier than saying don't do that, don't do that, don't do that. I don't do that.
Speaker 2: This is why all the blinds are closed in my house because the dog can't be trusted to look out the window.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. But but she still knows there's stuff out there that probably needs to get barned down. Just gonna sense them. Yeah, advanced hearing, and hear the car go by, fill the mailman within our general vicinity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the mailman, definitely, we can. We can sense the footsteps when that happens.
Speaker 1: But oh goodness, this is the dog you throw into the doctor's the annoying doctor's car and then run. Yeah, do you want me to get in the car. No, but here's a dog for you I enjoy. Ah, yes, yes, yes, sneaking me think of my own two barking dog. Who's who's gone now? But her? Her Twitter account lives on.
Speaker 2: Does she ever about her? We'll get into Twitter. We'll get into Twitter tomorrow.
Speaker 1: She did, she did, She posted quite a bit. Yes, I told her she should go bark at the internet, and so she did. Well. I believed my stress anyway.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so we have now the unlikely team of Ana, Lucia said, and Charlie setting off on a probably doomed errand to look.
Speaker 1: For this stupid balloon. I can't believe anyone thinks it's out there. Oh there's a map, he draw map.
Speaker 2: Out that explained everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she goes to sayid to go with her? You know the one person who actually, she says, who deserves to hate her but does not, whereas everybody else just hates her on general principle. Right, but sayid Is is channeling all his hatred onto Henry in the hopes that he is in fact another and then he can kill him. Right, Uh, he may have a point. Yeah, yeah, you know, channeling, channeling your bad feelings towards something that possibly deserves them, and not over somebody who has maybe made a mistake. Is uh is that do we think that's helping my currenting point of view? Well, it's a slippery slope, I go. But you gotta do something, right, Yeah, yeah, you know, productive channel in a productive way. You know, killing a fellow castaway won't really help anything. No, it was, so let's just build your rage towards somebody who may in fact have harmed you.
Speaker 2: But also, are we just going to drop the whole There was this entire like medical facility buried underground from.
Speaker 1: Last week, like we're just gonna we won't be talking about that anymore, not until they needed I guess you would think that they would have gone right back and told Jack, Hey, you know there's like operating rooms, there's all sorts of stuff, mempsys, to something that would be of use to you, our only medical professional, right, perhaps you would like to come check it out. Apparently not. Then then they would have to admit that that that they went through the jungle by themselves with Rousseau and did did an unauthorized sortie, and that would get them into no end of problems with Jack. Well, who you know, Anta Lucian say you'd had to sneak away. It was Anta Lucia said, Lock and Jack are a little too concerned with Lock and Jack, which is a little too busy worrying about locker Jack, which is certainly true. Yes, and Henry has picked up that vibe too.
Speaker 2: He's he's working it.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. That last scene just fills me with to like any milk. Yeah, it was great. Whatud I do if I was one of these others? And then he describes just exactly what.
Speaker 2: He does, and you just see the color draining from their faces.
Speaker 1: Yes, but Locke is looking at Jack going, see, I told you, I told you you're bringing him out here for breakfast. Yeah, eating cereal is undoubtedly well beyond his exploration. Just like the ranch dressing, they used better preservatives back in the old days, you know, they didn't have to worry about Yeah, the FDA, So it was I'm sure it's fun. So it seems that your suspicions about Henry are bearing out, and uh, we shall see where that goes from here. Let's see if next week gives us any hints on where this is going to go. Next Tuesday, we'll continue with season two, episode seventeen of Lost, called Lockdown. Do they have enough room to lock every Tunday? Well, like I said, there's this whole suite of rooms. They've seen at least three hatches, so just divide them up into parties and have them walk around the Yeah, how big is that hatch? Do we know which one seems to have the one that they're using.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know the one with the computer, right, Scot, the armory, Scot, the bunk beds. It's got the kitchen, the laundry room, the pantry.
Speaker 1: Uh. Oh, well, it'll be fun. It'll be a party. You'll be asleepover So we will see you back here tomorrow to discuss running Point. Thank you for listening. You can find all our episodes on Spreaker Podcasts, Amazon Music, or wherever you get your podcasts. You can find recaps, links, and an opportunity to comment on our website at parentingroundabout dot com.
Speaker 2: You can also talk to us on our Facebook page, on Instagram or on Twitter, where you'll find us at roundabout Chat. And please visit our Amazon shop at Amazon dot com, slash Shop slash Mamitude, where you can find links to a lot of the things we've talked about over the years.