Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one double JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One oh one one double jr R.
Speaker 3: All right, rock News brought you by our Tuesday ticket takeover happening at one oh one one w JRR Instagram right now. You can well, actually you can swing by there any time today your convenience.
Speaker 2: You can win highly suspect tickets. Again. It's at one oh one one w jr R or Instagram page.
Speaker 3: Just follow the instructions there if you want to be eligible to win those. Uh because you always have a browser open. At some point, I have it right here. Well I don't I want you to kind of pay attention to the segment. I'm just letting the listeners. So at some point today you might want to if you want to see just a ripping version of the star spangled banner.
Speaker 2: Zach Wilde.
Speaker 3: He played it before the UH the Seahawks game on UH on Sunday, Rams at Seahawks. It didn't help the Seahawks though, as they lost.
Speaker 2: At home to the Rams. I bet people were going crazy Oh yeah, because you know how loud they are there anyway.
Speaker 3: Yes, the twelves were in rare form. Some explanation from Tim Alexander, the now former Primus drummer who quit via email. We told you about that last week, Yeah news, He cites he he did an interview earlier this week with Rolling Stone, and he said his decision to leave Primus was rooted in the need to prioritize his mental and physical health.
Speaker 2: Good for him. So you know you can't doubt him then, No.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't think anyone doubted him, but he was strange way he did it. Initially Incline indicated that he had just simply lost his passion for playing in the email that was just sent unexpectedly to his now former bandmates, who are a little caught off guard. Image David Gilmore will be making a rare television appearance here in the United States this week. He of course, is doing a limited number of shows in support of his new studio album That's Out. He's in New York City this week for sold out shows at Madison Square Garden on Thursday nights. He will perform on The Tonight Show, which is something he did way back in twenty sixteen as well, although that go around, I think it was Jimmy Kimmel. This time it'll be The Tonight Show with fallon Thursday nights. Jason Bonham talking about the condition of his mother Pat who he has been nursing back to health after she suffered a stroke back in August. If you remember, he had to suddenly leave the Sammy Hagar Best of All Worlds tour he was drumming for that to take care of his ailing mother. He posted on social media over the weekend that is, his mom has been facing some serious health issues, but she is on the mend and out of the Hot Hopital, which is is great news for him. And he also wanted to, you know, express it. He really hated leaving that tour early because he said the energy, the connections and the experiences were nothing short of incredible.
Speaker 2: But again, everybody understands family first. Yep, that's it.
Speaker 3: He also announced that his led Zeppelin tribute band, which many of us might have saw it Welcome to Rockville the other year Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Evening, would be back on tour later this month, so he's going to be getting back out there. Former Kiss guitarist Bruce Culik is defending his former bandmates. You know, as they were touring for the final time, that uh tour that finally did end, and then the accusations came of them playing the backing tracks and whatnots were out there, and then people were posting video showing that this was going on. Culik says, you know what, you got to cut these guys a little bit of slack. All they want to do is put on a hell of a show and make the fans happy when they go home. So he says, for that reason, look was their last whirl out there. They wanted to make it sound and look as good as possible. They're not exactly Spring Chickens anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, little on the age side.
Speaker 3: So that's his take on that whole situation. A new album from Thin Lizzy that will feature vocal tracks from their late front man Phil Onnot Yeah. The Acoustic Sessions is built as the first new Thin Lizzy album in forty years. They're gonna utilize never before heard vocals from Phil and acoustic guitar parts from founding guitarist Eric Bell. It'll be a ten track album which will include new versions of the Thin Lizzy classics from the band's early years. That's gonna be out January twenty fourth. Got another rocker writing a memoir this go around. It'll be Poison drummer Ricky Rocket writing a memoir out Do out next year. It's titled ghost Notes. The book will be a semi autobiography Folk used on the things that people wantn't know, such as the band's early years, of course, which were in Pennsylvania before moving to La Sunset Strip. The title is a reference to a drumming technique of playing the notes in between the notes. Ghost Notes scheduled to be released in July of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: That's gonna have some crazy stuff in it.
Speaker 3: Far Out magazine just released their list of the saddest classic rock songs of all time, and they give the title to uh Nirvana's something in the Way. I would have a hard time disputing that. Yeah, that as that's a downer of a tune.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: There's a couple I can think of.
Speaker 3: Nirvana's It's often never Mind and it was quote unquote an ode to solitude. Some of the other songs that made the list.
Speaker 2: Give it to us because I know are any of these the ones that on Monday, as we say.
Speaker 3: Uh uh, Pearl Jam's Black, Alison Shane's Nutshell, Eric Clapton's Tears, and and then this one's a real downer r ems everybody hurts.
Speaker 2: Oh God, yes, yeah, oh I know, I know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there if you if you're in a sad mood, there's your playlist. Scott Stapp interviewed this week asked about his reaction to how the fans have turned out in droves for the Creed reunion, and he said, I had no expectations of it ever coming back as big as it has. I mean, the last tour run of dates was sold out. We were doing twenty plus thousand a night. It was crazy, and I was grateful. There were moments where my eyes were just watering with gratitude, just because I know what it's like to have it, and I know what it's like to not, and there's so much greater appreciation and respect for everything and everyone around me.
Speaker 2: It takes a village. I mean, we remember it, you know, talking to him and different when he's gone through some tough times, did he endured? And Uh, it's good to see that he pulled through. And they're killing it.
Speaker 3: W j r R present Creed here in Orlando at the Kia Center on December fifth.
Speaker 2: And that is your rock news full rock station is w j r R.