Speaker 1: Welcome to Shine Delusion Shine, the radical art of dreaming beyond boundaries. I am Vicki Todd, and together with doctor Pat we will learn to push the boundaries of our minds, to think delusionally, and create fertile ground for our big dreams to seed, grow, and manifest. Each episode, we will gain more ability to think delusionally and cultivate beyond boundaries, faith that we can accomplish dreams which seem unreachable. Shine Delusion Shine is a springboard to believing, dreaming and thinking beyond the ordinary, and a catalyst to living a more fulfilling, destiny driven life. You were born with dreams, gifts and talents you are meant to use to make this world brighter. Let your delusional dreams shine. It all starts now.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, I'm doctor Pat. I get to take this amazing journey with the most incredible Vicki Todd. For those of you out there, if you have a watch the show, or this is maybe your first time, you're gonna be You're gonna be amazed. Do you see the background in Vicky's video? This is Vicky. What she's able to do is take this beautiful ride of life and translated into amazing art today. This is so important dream liftoff. Now what now, let me tell you why this is important, because this particular day is especially important with what's happening with the solar flare and the planet Jupiter. As a matter of fact, later on tonight we're going to be talking about that. But when you take a look and you're looking at your own lif and you see what you have done, this amazing lift off. I don't care what it is. I don't care if you like to chop onions and that just turns you on. It's a lift off. Today. What Vicky's going to do is walk us through this. What's the deal. You've worked hard here, you are manifesting big, bold ideas. But now what, VICKI that's the big question.
Speaker 3: Now, that's the question today.
Speaker 1: You know, I consider myself a memoir artist, and so I'm doing this topic right now because I am living it, and so I wanted to share my experience because I'm sure that other people out there are feeling the same thing. So yeah, to start off, Yeah, to start off, I have really great news my book that I've been working on, yes for the past whole year and a few weeks is finally with my publisher and now with the editor. And so it is called Shine Happy Shine, A mystical memoir of art destiny and a tenacious mother daughter bond. And so I have a website for the book that is up and it's Shinehappy Shine dot com. And so you can see a synosis of the book. You can see my bio to learn a little bit more about me. And I have an art raffle that's happening to celebrate the publication, which isn't until fall twenty twenty six. I don't know exactly when yet. I'll know that probably in a couple of weeks. But here's the deal. If you go to the homepage and sign up for my email address, that will enter you into this art raffle. And so I have an art raffle tab in the menu that he can go to get more details. But I have thirty two of my paintings. This is the cover painting that will be on the cover of the book, and it has the animal ancestors symbols because sometimes.
Speaker 3: They show up humans, sometimes they show up animal.
Speaker 1: And I have a link to all of the paintings in the book, so you can preview them before the book comes out. And so what I'm offering is the day the book comes out in the fall, I'm gonna randomly select one of the emails in the email list, and you can choose which pay me you want to be made into an eight inch by ten inch full color fine art archival print, and I will have it made and send it to you. And so it is open and ready to go.
Speaker 2: Wow, exciting. Well, you know, part of that is being able to take that leap. And I know one of the things you're going to talk about today, and we don't know we do this, but we do. And that is we put on that old skin. We put on the skin we've already had, but we've already shed. But like, okay, I still like it. You know what It's like, It's that, oh my gosh, this is so perfect. We got two jackets sitting downstairs in the living room. I don't know what decade they're from, but they're sitting there because they're so hard to get rid of. But the reason they're in the living room is because it's time to move them on. But there is now the temptation. They're just sitting in the living room. Why because the temptation is I've shed them. There they are If I could just put that thing on just one more time, Victa, I know, I know, well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, with all this wonderful stuff going on, which is extremely exciting, of course my mind goes into reverse and says, well, wait a minute. You've you know, you've worked hard on a lot of things. You're one woman show, you had an art booth, that art Santa Fe. You know, you've been working on this book for over a year. Nothing has ever really taken off. You know, I did well, but it hasn't really taken off. So why do you think this is gonna be any different. You've wasted a whole year. Your editor's gonna hate it, and she's gonna want to change everything. And so I think it's just programmed in. Even though you're having these really exciting moments that you know, it's like a stop sign to say no, no, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: And I had to physically stop myself and say hold on. You know, we've talked about this before that that's just kind of how our brains are wired.
Speaker 3: It's wired toward the negative.
Speaker 1: And so you know, ninety five percent of our thoughts every day are the old, worn down thoughts that we've had day after day after day. And it's like this worn rut, this worn road in your brain. And seventy to eighty percent of that ninety five percent is negative sabotaging. You're never going to six seed type of thoughts. So that means all little five percent somewhere in our brain that we have to work to make a new road in our mind says yeah, you can do this.
Speaker 3: You've got this yay, delusional dreams, let's go.
Speaker 1: And so that's exactly what I had to do, was turned those around, you know, because my thoughts were saying, you know, you didn't have that many people in your audience. I had one really great day was twenty five to thirty people for my one woman show. One I literally had two people, and you know, of course I'm going to do the show to the best of my ability. But then I say, you know what, I had so many comments afterward, I recognize those people in your family, They're in my family. I had two women who are around the age of fifty, just like I was in the story that cried because it really struck a chord in them. With the art booth at Santa Fe. Okay, I didn't make any sales, but I really got my name out there and met a bunch of artists from around the country that you know, I can tap into. And so you have to work to say, I'm not falling into that negative rut.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to succumb to that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to create these new thoughts in my brain and say, yeah, this is good and I am to succeed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What I love about that story is when I came up with the crustbusting concept, like even before I started a show, I started to do class. I was compelled to do a class, just like you. You were compelled to create. You were compelled to bring your message out there. And if I were have paid attention to the fact that one person showed up or this person showed up, if that would have been my go to, which it never was. I was so clearly crossbusting with the gift, and I brought that through in the show, and I would have stopped if I based my decision on the two people that showed up for the thirteen week class, which people. But that's what you're saying, you know, I think we are always set up to try things on. It's like shoes. To me, life is like a pair of shoes, right. You know, maybe you're somebody VICKI that can go online and pick the shoes and then your size and then But this is what we're talking about. We have to give our ideas time to breathe and grow. Remember that's what I talked about, solar flares and Jupiter.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And something has happened within the past week that I can pile onto this. I got an email last week, just out of the blue, this crazy offer, and it's one of those I almost deleted, but then I thought, wait a minute, let's check this out. I had a meeting, a zoom meeting with a guy yesterday, and so my rational mind is saying this is too far fetched, this is crazy, don't do it. But then when I finally got quiet and I listened, what my spirit mind was telling me, what my heart, my intuition that's connected to my higher power was telling me, was trust. And last night, when I got in my bubble bath and you know, really got quiet and just really prayed about it, all I heard was trust it, because this is a link to your larger destiny. So I'm gonna think about it over the weekend. But it's that battle of the rational mind saying this is too good to be true versus something on the inside is saying no, this is It may sound crazy, but take that leap of faith. Try on those shoes, walk around in them and see if it works. And I have the distinct feeling that if I do take that leap of faith and try it, I think something supernatural is going to happen beyond what my rational eyes can see.
Speaker 3: And so I'm not going to say what it is yet.
Speaker 1: But it's been a real battle, and I really feel like God, the universe is asking me to come up higher. You were in a new season, you were at a new level, a new dimension. You have to change your thought patterns in order to move forward the way that you need to to make these dreams burst out. So it's very exciting, but it's scary at the same time. But also I think, look at my history. You know, God and I have a history of this. So in nineteen ninety eight, you know, in two months after I'd had that miscarriage and I hadn't worked in the industry for four and a half years, my master's degree was eight years old.
Speaker 3: It was the same thing.
Speaker 1: I got a random call from my dean at Texas Tech University, who I hadn't seen in the years, and he said, hey, I need someone to teach his public relations writing class.
Speaker 3: I remember you were a good writer.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I was advertising and never taking a PR class in my life. Do you want to do it? Oh, it starts tomorrow. And I took the chance and did it, and that led into a seventeen year professor career. Well fast forward to that seventeen years in twenty fifteen, the same feeling of you need to quit your tenure job to go be an artist.
Speaker 3: Do you have a plan?
Speaker 1: No, you don't, but do it anyway. And so this has the same feeling to it. And I feel like if I say no to this opportunity and close that door, I'm going to miss something. And so I don't have the list, I don't have the check check check of all the boxes to rationally say why or how it will work. But I just feel in my gut, so that whole thing of getting quiet, aligning with your higher power and listening, even if it sounds outrageously stupid, I'm gonna have to follow that because I've done it before and it's worked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know, part of this is, let's talk about it. What does the mind tend to do? Right? Percent of our thoughts come from or are subconscious, Right, But what does that even mean? Right here we are, You've got the new book, you've got a book cover, you're creating the giveaways. But you've been talking about this book. So that means what you've been talking it in. Yeah, that's what I mean. What I call talking it in is kind of like calling it in, but people don't realize they can actually talk it in.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this is a relatively new thing for me because you know, I would say things within my mind, but then I started hearing more and more messages or reading things. That know, you have to speak it out loud because when you speak these things out loud that you know, My editor, the publisher, they love my book. They think it's wildly creative with these ancestor bits. You know, all they see is beauty and brilliance when they read it. The audience is gonna love it. They're just gonna be drawn to that cover on the website or the bookshelf, and so I've started saying these.
Speaker 3: Things out loud.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm one of those people in the grocery store. If I think of something, I'll be talking to myself. So but you know, I believe in that, because I believe that the spirit world goes into action when you voice these positive, you know, manifesting things out loud. And so when I turned the book into my publisher and all these negative thoughts started coming up, she's gonna hate it, she's gonna want to change everything. I would just kind of okay, delete that. I'm going to reject that, and then out loud again, just keep repeating, repeating, repeating, over and over. She loves it. All she sees is beauty and brilliant. She thinks it's wildly creative. And I know that she had to say something to the editor. And I will give her a props because we were looking on the website who her editors were and there was a picture of this man and I thought, oh, I don't think.
Speaker 3: He's going to like this book very much. So she.
Speaker 1: Was going to go to this other editor who's a woman that she's used a lot, but she's unavailable, so she has searched out another female editor that she thinks will really, you know, get into my book, and so she emailed me yesterday and she said she's excited to read your book.
Speaker 3: And so then I thought, oh, so the publisher must have.
Speaker 1: Said something to the editor to make the editor excited, and that must be something positive. So quit freaking yourself out by saying, oh, everybody's gonna hate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look at what we're talking about, and you know we are we are We are really challenging ourselves and the population at large right now. Because what I mean by challenging it is what's your alternative? So what's your alternative to not do? In that? VICKI to give up?
Speaker 3: And then where are I going to be? Right?
Speaker 2: And we have some very interesting ways that and language we use that mean giving up. See, when you're desperate, you finally get to the point where you say, I surrender. I'm giving up now. In some cases that's good. If you want to become clean and sober, you got a surrender. But we're talking about a dream. So I want to ask you this clues signs, give me a sign. And this happened to me the other day on something I said, God, Universe, you're all up there, anybody working around over there hearing me? Right now? I need a sign or I'm not going to go forward. And it shows up, and I love this. Do you know? We even have silly commercials now not so silly. There's this woman sits at a computer and she's doing aura, she's doing meditations, affirmations. I see the money in my back. She's literally doing that. And then she picks up her phone and her paycheck was deposited early. See this is now reached mainstream television commercial acts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I did exactly the same thing yesterday, because did you I was because you know, I got so excited about everything that's going on and talking to that man yesterday like whoa you know? And I knew as soon as I got off the zoom, I said to God, I said, I already know what you want me to do, and you're freaking me out. Well, then later the rational mind starts working and I said, you know what, I'm not sure about this, and if you don't say something to me that is positive that you know I need to go toward this, I'm going to reject it. So I just it's not an ultimatum necessarily, but just this is where I'm at, and I think that's totally fine to be vulnerable with your higher power and just say I'm a little confused right now. I don't get it. I'm just gonna sit here and this is what I'm gonna do until you give me the push. And to me, sometimes at push, it's not like a push where you know you're being pushed off a cliff. It's just a very gentle, little nudge. And I have been experiencing that, especially in the last week. You know, work on your bio, work on the synopsis, you know, just do this, just do that, And all of a sudden, yay. I didn't think I was going to have the website ready for today, and so it's ready.
Speaker 3: But what you spaid about signs.
Speaker 1: I had gotten This book long title is the World is Waiting for You. Embrace your Calling and manifest the God dream over your Life by Edwena Finley Dickerson.
Speaker 3: And she's yeah.
Speaker 1: She says something in there that really stuck with me about this topic because she said that God, the universe, whoever your higher power is, speaks to us and gives you a glimpse of your future reality through dreams, visions, signs, prophecies, or something that you're just really drawn to. And she basically looks at it like you're going to the movies. You see the coming attractions of movies that will come eventually somewhere in the future. And she said, this is a reality. It's in the spirit world, and you have to draw it in, you know, like you were saying, call it in, believe in it, let it take root, and speak that over yourself, prophesy that over yourself. And so I've always been into signs, and you know, oh, this was a really cool dream that you know, told me something. But I don't think I've ever let that down in my spirit so deeply that I'm like that to reality, right, And so I think moving forward, when I get those, I'm going to say, Okay, that's a glimpse. God has given me a glimpse of what my future is somewhere in the quantum future out there. And I've had a couple of dreams about really great book sales. I had this really cool dream separately that just it was kind of vague, but it gave me this really just feel good feeling about some sort of creative community that's coming out of the book, and so whether it's a stage.
Speaker 3: For performance or something on screen or film, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But that's one of my secret dreams is having this community and be able to work on these larger projects where it has to be beyond me and on the turned manuscript into my publisher, which is so vulnerable, you know, and whenever you write something or create something and give your baby over to somebody else, that is such a vult time. But I really wanted to tap into my mom, since you know, the whole story is about me and her and our relationship throughout, and that's why it's in the subtitle A Tenacious Mother Daughter bond, I said, you know, if you can just give me a sign, because I was hearing kind of vague things in my mind that she was saying. Well, that evening, i'd kind of forgotten about it, and I happened to look at my front door, and I thought, oh, is that a robin red breast, which I don't see very often here? And we have lots of pigeons and doves and a hawk or two every once in a while. And so I kind of quietly opened the door because it was on a fence. I saw my front door and the sun was going down, so I wanted to see, is that little tummy really read? Well, all of a sudden, another one flew up. A second one flew up and sat and they were both had these beautiful red breasts. And so that's one of her signs to me, is anything read? And I thought, okay, yeah, this is great. You know, we're both into it. She loves it, and that's a great sign. So I, you know, believe in those things. Believe in them and and take rive in your spirit.
Speaker 2: I absolutely agree with you. You know. I moved from one coast to the other. But when I was on the West coast, living in the Seattle area not too long ago, I attracted ravens. Now Linda would debate with me. She'd say they were crows. I said, Linda, they're the size of a turkey. That is not a crow. And okay, So I had this relationship. But then I move and ravens are not They're not like all over in the place like that. Yeah, except about two weeks ago I got this this over outside the window, little marching along and you could tell a raven they're bigger crows they're big, they're big clothes, or crows come with like geese. But here's this little raven and he's marching up and down. See because I needed a sign. Now, I wouldn't have gotten a cardinal if it was my mom. I would have gotten a cardinal if it was my mom. But let's talk about trusting, because when you call these things in, you better dang believe it. So let's talk about trusting that inner fire and what happens when that thing starts to like diminish a little bit, because it happens for all of us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean, you know a lot of these dreams just don't happen overnight, and you know that's we've been working on them. And so, like I said, I've been working on this book for a year and probably two weeks. Yeah, a year and two weeks. But if you look at the long vision of this, I quit my job in twenty fifteen, so this has been eleven years of working trying to get something going.
Speaker 3: And yeah, this is really concrete.
Speaker 1: And so I ran track in junior high and high school, and one thing the coaches would always say is don't quit before that finish line, you know, because some kids would get close to the finish line see it, and they kind of start slowing down, and then other runners would pass them up. Right, And so I have gone, I've gone into my mind and think, you know, if I had succumbed to those negative thoughts and thought, yeah, you're right, You're publisher is going to hate this book, So yeah, you probably did waste a year or you know that call that I had with that guy yesterday, sure your mind. I literally I see words in my mind, and I was seeing trust, the word trust. But if I poo pooed that and said no, this is a scam, forget it, just reject it, maybe you're shutting the door on part of your destiny. And so I think that, like I said, the universe and I think this is part of the Year of the Horse. Actually not just for me, but for everybody. Yeah, fire horse. I feel like the universe is asking us to come up higher, believe bigger, and part of that is having to voice these very positive affirmations over ourselves about our dreams and pull them into fruition. I believe that with every fiber of my being.
Speaker 2: I do too, and you know it shows up in the strangest ways. But this is the message for today that we're getting across. You know what is it? Don't quit before what There's a million of these right, yes, but when you're around scientists, people like Bell Labs, I was immersed with these people that given up was not even like a word a hello. No.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you think about the Thomas Edison's of the world, right, You think about the people that are out there now, some of the creative things they're doing. We have the sense though that they just popped out are their mom's womb one day and they created these things. But they had to go through trial and error. It's not how you get through the good days, VICKI, it's how you get through the not so good days that determines what's going to come next.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: And speaking of Thomas Edison, I've heard this before and I looked it up. He has a quote, I haven't failed. I just found ten thousand ways that a light bulb doesn't work. And he said, our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always just try one more time. And so that is so true. And I truly believe that everything is a piece of the puzzle, and he may say, oh, well that didn't work, and so I'm gonna throw that puzzle piece away. No, it's a part of the puzzle that's going to inform you in the future for the next stuff. So you're always learning in what may seem like a failure is not a failure because you've at least got an experience and knowledge. So then you can go back to that and say, oh, I learned this and let's put this into this next piece. So I am a firm believer in.
Speaker 2: That I know, and you know. Look, all of this boils down to you sharing your journey, you sharing your success, but also along the way you've really shared your trial and tribulations. Thank you for bringing this message. I want to ask you two things. One, how do people find out about the book about you? And what's your personal message? What do you want to leave us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, don't put that you know, the old snake skin. Last year was the year of the snake. We've shed that skin. Don't go and pull it out and put it back on. It's tattered, it's worned, has holes in it. You don't need it. And so if those negative thoughts come in to say, well, this isn't working. I doubt you know, I think this is going to fail. Turn that around, put the opposite in your mind and speak it out. Yes, people are going to love my gifts. People need what I'm offering in the world, and so let's shine forward. You know, sometimes people will say fail forward. I'm going to say shine forward because you're learning every step of the way, so don't give up.
Speaker 3: Keep going.
Speaker 2: I love it, VICKI, thank you so much. But give out your website please again.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the new book website is Shinehappy Shine dot com. If you sign up for my email list, you'll be entered into the art raffle that will be in the fall, and all the details are under the art Raffle tab. My art website is Vickiworldart dot com and I'm on social media Instagram and Facebook at Vickiworld Art.
Speaker 2: I love it, VICKI, thank you so much. I'm so happy to be part of this journey because you see, that's what spirit does. It puts us in front of people that are so vulnerable, willing to share, so that each and every one of us can remind can remind ourselves that failure really is not an option.
Speaker 3: That's true. Absolutely all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you Vicky Todd everybody, I'm doctor Pat. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Shine, Delusion, Shine, the radical art of dreaming beyond boundaries.
Speaker 3: I am Vicki Todd with doctor Pat.
Speaker 1: Tune in with us each fourth Thursday at eleven am Pacific on Transformation Talk Radio for more simple, repeatable habits to identify the dreams, gifts, and talents you were born with, expand your mind, and believe your dreams can become a reality.
Speaker 3: We invite you to tap.
Speaker 1: Into the flow of the delusional realm with us to make this world brighter. For more information on living a more fulfilling, destiny driven life and to connect with me, visit to vickiworldart dot com.