Speaker 1: Again in the studio Squeez New York boy Bike.
Speaker 2: Rios tell the man you God blessed.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Actually, what let me maybe what's second bike? What's second?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Take it time real quick.
Speaker 1: I would look at back up recording this to my ducks in the row.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to take the chance and let me share this to some people that I could like.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, I recorded my computer, my laptop down, so.
Speaker 2: I'll do it. I'll do it in a bit so that way, I don't want to take up too much of your tongue.
Speaker 3: All right, So I got my boy bike. So so what like?
Speaker 2: Who you are?
Speaker 3: What you do?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: Who? About? Who I ordered with?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: So Smike Mike Rio's mister Wavey, and I'm a striker. I train a house of glory. I also do m m a at Ray Longos. So I'm I'm doing both simultaneously. But I know that's to get me to where I want to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, uh where is he wants to be?
Speaker 3: I'll come back he later, all right? So right behind that wave? What's to be behind that?
Speaker 2: So mister Wavey is who I am as a person?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: So my background for those that know me, right, I've played baseball at a high level, middle school, high school, college. All of those teams were related to the wave. You get what I'm saying. So for let me give you an example. Right. Middle school it was the Sharks, high school it was the Dolphins. And when I played in college, the team was the Wave right. And I made a catchphrase for that college team that we were in Brooklyn, Kingsboro to be exact, and I made a catch raise called ride the Wave right. And I'm sure you probably heard of him, but j RMANI great striker House of Glory lp W. I remember talking to him on the train always from training, and you know, I'd always ask for like tips and things that I can do for for who I want to be. You get what I'm saying. And when I act about character wise, he told me, think deep, but it's only an extension of who you are, like who you are times ten. You know what I mean. So I was thinking about it. I'm like, I was thinking deep, you know what I'm saying. And wavy. I thought about it because my hair is wavy. You get what I'm saying. And I'm sure you probably heard of wavy, like back then a couple of years ago, for example, Like you know how some people say, oh, that's fire, that's tough. You get what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 3: When people see me, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, like wavey is nice. You get what I'm saying, Like when people see me, I want people to say, he's wavy. You get what I'm saying, like not only with the character and the way I carry myself, but you know from the strikes and how I interact with the fans as I'm doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so you are the waby is right the way just the wayby got you got? You got what trading with a basic Reddit?
Speaker 2: Could you repeat that one? My time relaxed a little bit.
Speaker 3: So thank you. See I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I asked the stuff right? What is it? Sorry?
Speaker 1: What was it like to trade at LPW slash House of Worry?
Speaker 2: I mean to be honest, Before I even went into it, I kind of had a head start, Like I did my research on the school and actually I joined because I was at a gym you know what I'm saying, blink in Manhattan, and I actually met three of the wrestlers that trained there. You get what I'm saying. I met Raheem Royale, Jody Ara, and Dante Griffith and they were working out and I noticed they had shirts that average fans wouldn't have. So I asked them about it and they told me that they train at House of Glory. And I was like, wait, I heard about that school and I know it's really good. And they told me more about it, and then you know, I did my research even more. I looked at the tryouts and how they train. You get what I'm saying. And to be honest, in my opinion, I feel like there's no better school or training wise like than House of Glory. Everybody's like a family there and we're all willing to like help each other learn. You get what I'm saying from other people, whether it be character wise, certain techniques. You know, everybody is always willing to help each other grow. So it's a very good atmosphere to train there. You know what I'm saying. You that's the highest level. You get what I'm saying. And the people that learned from him too, you can you can tell, like everybody who learns from him is you could see what they're capable of.
Speaker 3: It's basic Red.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, and who he teaches too. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what's so, what's your printal experience, Well, work with Red, your prisonal experience, work with him, interacting with him.
Speaker 2: Uh So I remember doing the chops like you know, first class first started and the chops and yeah, he was saying like, yo, you gotta you gotta lay it in. So you know, in training class with doing it back and forth, he did it all me. I'm like, damn, you know what I mean, Like that one impact you could already tell like, yeah, it's no joke, it's no joke, but that I mean running the ropes with him doing a couple of drills. So I haven't been in the school too too long, but from the experience that I've had, like I've always learned, and you know, I've always asked questions to him and you know other people around you get what I'm saying. Always willing to learn from everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, tell us about training at long Goals.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the reason why, like it goes back into talking about me and HARMANI and those train rides. You get what I'm saying, he would tell me his experience at MMA schools and you know, put me in a kuda. I'm sure you've heard of him. He trains there, and look at everything he's capable of, and look at everything he's capable of doing, and what he's gonna be at. You know, he's gonna be signed by the UFC very soon. And the techniques. You get what I'm saying. Like I knew if I wanted to be a pro wrestler at a high level, I had to have some sort of martial arts background and Ray long after talking to him and Pumi Nakuda, they told me that, yeah, this is gonna take your career to the next level for sure. So I didn't even hesitate call them for a free tryout. In my head it was a signing up. It was a free tryout, but already going in, I knew I wanted to sign up already. You get what I'm saying. So I mean from the people that train there, like constantly willing to help you, Like I got people I call family on both sides of you know what I'm saying, House of Glory and Ray Long goes. You know, it's good to be surrounded in environments where everybody is willing to make each other better in everything. You get what I'm saying, even just a better person too, you know what i mean. So it's very great from you having a boxing coach, the you're doing kickboxing, muy Thai, jiu jitsu. There's wrestling in there too, and you know the MMA classes. We do everything at the same time simultaneously. But you know there's there's guys in there that we trained two three times in there, and we put in work just matts, sweaty crazy. But I will say for sure that training there for the time that I've been there at ray Longo's, it's definitely already I'm already seeing improvements. You know what I'm saying. Because I want I want to be able to do a little bit of everything. You get what I'm saying. I want to be technical, I want to be able to strike. I want to be able to have submissions that I could use. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, okay, so question so so, so do you want to be at a big fire?
Speaker 2: Do you want to I was talking about this with a few of my boys that I trained at ray Lango, and I was telling them that, like, although we have different goals, Like you know, they they trained at the MMA gam they're trying to get it to the UFC, you get what I'm saying. But me, I'm trying to use those skills that I learned in the MMA school to use that to become a better pro wrestler. More specifically, one of my goals is to wrestle in a new Japan ring. So having that MMA background and having, like I said, the training at House of Glory, I could see myself getting there in the future. And not only that, but I do look forward to fighting a few guys from House of Glory in New Japan, for example Tiny Giant onyx Amagi. And I was also gonna say to another one, I'm really looking forward to Danny Styles in the new Japan ring. Okay, I feel like we're going to make some magic happen in a new Japan ring for sure.
Speaker 3: Well more that a little bit though.
Speaker 1: Before before I get that all by way there right well quick, right, So however, however, repeat that never considered at all.
Speaker 2: So I've thought about it only because I feel like if I were to do that, it would make me more of a legitimate like, you get what I'm saying. Yes, But to be honest, the main reason I even joined the MMA School was for pro wrestling. I'm not sure if in the future, you know, it goes that route, but I'm putting all of that knowledge that I get from everybody in that MMA School and applying that to pro wrestling, and now at that point, it's just me involving my character. You get what I'm saying, interacting with fans and so what you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, uh all right, uh let's be so serious.
Speaker 3: Let's have some fun here.
Speaker 1: Last week we did I think you were there, right, Crucible?
Speaker 3: You're in the Battle Royal without this date?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. I was in the first round of people that came in.
Speaker 1: Yeah's talk about that's about what's about that? You go like, how how was Crucible athlete?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's it's not been my first Battle Royal. You know what I'm saying, It didn't and how I go how I wanted it to go. But the last two Battle Royales I got eliminated by the winners. So before Crucible, I got eliminated by Superfly Bride and now Danny Styles. You know what I'm saying, there's positives and there's negatives. Because I showed, like I said, I'm one of the wayest strikers in lp W. I showed what I'm capable of. But then again, this LPW roster, the talent, they just keep on improving, you know what I'm saying. So for the next one, I just gotta be better, stronger, faster, and more prepared.
Speaker 1: M okay, okay, bet uh the benefit of bets the was it? What was it called the what was it called the.
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah, So that show. I went there to obviously support the cause, you get what I'm saying, got to support breast cancer. But I've a couple of people that I trained with were at that show. They're wrestling on that show, and I couldn't miss it. Had to support the cause, had to support the people I trained with, and it was It was a good show overall. It was good seeing the Goat one of the people. And I'm not the only one that can say that because he's he's helped a lot of us, Carlos, some of Ramirors, He's helped a lot of us in our careers and specifically more me too. Like I can. I can really say that because he's pushed me. Every time that I've trained with him, he's pushed me to another level, and he's seen more in me than at times I've seen in myself. So watching him go to what like, I'm same way you taking notes. I'm taking notes, but I see him. I'm seeing the moves. You get what I'm saying. So and seeing seeing the people you train with too, you get what I'm saying. Just watching everybody do their thing. Like I said, it's like a family. You know what i mean. We all support each other. You know what I'm saying, push each other. Oh you could do this better? You could do You get what I'm saying. This looks good, you know what I mean. So it's a good environment for sure. For sure, it's good supporting your people, supporting the cause. I had that man.
Speaker 3: You bettioned his day quite a few times. Was so far right. Tell me about your relationship with Daddy's styles.
Speaker 2: So after I've gotten hurt, I hurt my back. You get what I'm saying. It's been a minute since I was training there. You get what I'm saying. And we were at one of the House of Glory shows and I met him for the first time, you get what I'm saying, and we started talking, you know, while we were paying our dues, and you know, the way I think and the way where I want to go, we kind of thought the same. You get what I'm saying, Like we both love Japan, we both plan on wrestling in Japan, and you love anime too, so it immediately click, and we were talking about that goals, and we were talking about like wrestling in the New Japan ring. So from there it kind of just sink and we both want to do like a strong style, you get what I'm saying, Like we want to be strikers, you know what I mean. So immediately we talked about like our favorite matches we watched what made us want to become strikers, and you know, just banger after banger with these not only New Japan, but the old Japan. You get what I'm saying, The pro wrestling Noah, even the Dragon Gate. Just watching all types of Japanese strong style just made us connect more, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Earlier alluded to it earlier, But so with Japan, right, what like, what are your short term goals?
Speaker 2: So Originally, I want to build my way up, right, so I want to be a junior heavyweight and then eventually move up to heavyweight. But one of my goals is to just win a New Japan championship in the future. You go, I'm saying, obviously it's gonna take time.
Speaker 1: That's like a Walter goal, which is short term in the future.
Speaker 2: To be honest, just show everything I can possibly do, not only in the ring, but as my character. You know what I'm saying. I want to make sure everybody knows who Wavy is. You get what I'm saying. I want to be able to connect with the fans, and then you know, those accomplishments will come later on. You know what I'm saying. Once I build myself up to that level, then those things will lead to that. But i'd say, like, just build it the connection with everybody, making sure Okay, oh mister Wavey's on that card, I can't miss that. You know what I'm saying, Like, i'd say, that's my short term goal in New Japan. Like he's a really good striker, but not only really good, he's Wavy. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You got to got to what are some of your long term goal. The goal.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean long term is definitely wrestling guys at that level. You get what I'm saying, Like if it was possible to be able to still do it like guys like Koda Abushi, Knoski Takeshta, guys like Kenny Omega, be able to prove that eventually when I get to that level, I can hang with those guys.
Speaker 3: Got okay, okay, all right, Well I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I'm not the part where I've reached listener questions. So the course of the week, that and A bouts this, right, I have since that people will hit the hot light up at nine one seven to eight three eight five six right, text email as an email too, but that that but anyway, text voice and uh just or live call it. Right, So I could pile the list of questions from various listeners.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you can do that, You're good. Yeah, but yeah, the list of various questions. So here we go.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: This person used the hot light that was seven between three five six. This person asked, do you follow modern wrestling?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But also I try to tap into the stuff I know I've never watched before. For example, like we were talking back before, I've been tuning into a lot of the old Japan stuff, Like I've been trying to watch you know, older stuff before I was born because I was born in three so I haven't watched anything before that time. So I'm trying to watch a lot of that, but I'm still watching, you know, the modern stuff. Okay, so pretty much into both. You get what I'm saying because I know they're both two different products. But I just want to be able to consume everything because wrestling is constantly changing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I ask you now, right, so you so you Jap? You said what you only followed Japan nothing else.
Speaker 2: No, I follow? Uh w w E A E W I followed though, But I mean w w E is eventually the end goal, but before I get to that level, I definitely want to wrestle in New Japan before making it to w W.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you plant the whole patal? What they at the w W A to believe?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You got you?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, what's second hair?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Do you follow? Do you follow matter every day?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, like uf C Belltour u f C uf C UF you.
Speaker 3: See, I'm gonna lie. I haven't.
Speaker 1: I haven't followed UFC sins like oh died, I'm gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I mean I believe.
Speaker 3: And what they've started though right now.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say over the past year, I've only been watching a lot more UFC, and I mean even playing the games. You get what I'm saying. Like it it can make you a better fighter in some sort of way because it's like you're you're trained to look at all different things, you know what I mean, because there's so many aspects to m m A.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Dave quick, because I'm I'm like, I haven't followed you the UFC sins like oh died freshman to high school.
Speaker 2: Alex Pierra, That's that's one of those names. Israel Adisanya really like watching him, Like I said again, Pumi Nakuda man, I mean he really has to. Like there's no way Dana White doesn't sign him by now, Like he's that good. He's that good, so for sure, definitely one of those guys. You gotta watch his fights. Pumina Kuda too. But yeah, some good guys there.
Speaker 1: Uh this person acts, how did you become a fan.
Speaker 2: Of wrestling?
Speaker 3: I'm going to soup. So yeah, wrestling every grade? Yeah, both both, I guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, So wrestling, I was a my father put me onto that. I was always watching, Like my favorite wrestler was John Cena. You get what I'm saying. So yeah, yeah, I would always have the action figures and I remember just watching him with my grandma too. Just yeah, as a kid, I always thought about it like what if I was a pro wrestler, Like how would I look? Like what would I do? You get what I'm saying. And you know, there was times where I was in and out of it. But when I before I decided to join the school, I knew I was like, okay, I got both feet on the door. You get what I'm saying. Because before I joined, I took like a year to book up and you know what I'm saying. That's when I joined. But so that that made me want to do it, you get what I'm saying. But also too, like I said, it made me love wrestling, right, But when I really started thinking about doing it was when I started tuning into like New Japan, like the guys like Kenny Omega, guys like We're lost Ray. You get what I'm saying, Okay, okay, I have two more questions here. This person asks, I wouldn't modify it, So do you want me to answer the MMA side of it? What made me?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's up to you. Bus, It's up to you. Up to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I lost track before.
Speaker 2: So it was kind of similar to before. Now you put bus it was it's kind of similar to before. You know what I'm saying, j RMANI Pumi na kuda. They informed me about that, and I did my research. I'm like, yeah, look at what what guys came out of these gyms, you know what I mean. And even though I'm in far Rockaway and that's in Long Island, I knew that, Like, if I want to get to a high level, I gotta take the risk, even if I'm getting home eleven twelve at home in the night every day after that, you know what I'm saying. It's like certain things you have to prioritize, you know what I mean. And I don't mind missing a couple hours of sleep get homely as long as I get to my training, that's what matters.
Speaker 1: I just will say trade and time because trust me. Roughly to compare to I was like, I think making that decision. All right, I kind of like past midnight.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very bad. I mean, like I said, everybody's like families. Uh, sometimes there's somebody able to you know, take me to a train station. We talk, like I'm saying, picking people's brains constantly, whether it's in pro wrestling, whether it's in MMA, like just constantly trying to be better every day anyway that I can. But it is it is a travel. It is a travel. But when I played college baseball, uh, it was the same thing. It was about two three hours traveling, so I knew, okay, I was already used to it. And not only that, but if something that I genuinely want to do for for my not only career, but that's just who I want to be, you know what I mean. Like, these are things that I have to make adjustments to and it's it's tough sometimes because if I do any overtime, like even thirty minutes to an hour, I wouldn't be able to make it to train it because I'd have to take the Long Island railroad to get there and then back. Is really the trouble because it's not only the times, but I have to take like three four different buses, you know what I mean. But it's worth it. It's worth it not only the the people who teach there, but the people who train there too, So it's it's worth it.
Speaker 3: It's worth it, oll, Right, Like what do you what do?
Speaker 1: You probably start getting tracks and succeeding in your career, right, Like about taking the bus right next thing, you know you're gonna be take You're gonna be driving there.
Speaker 3: Take the trade there.
Speaker 1: I'll give you an example. Right, So I'm of school, I'm straight out of high school.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Uh know, I'm broke because.
Speaker 3: I'm just a kid.
Speaker 1: Right, but you know I got a job at the New York State Department Buildings, right, and you know I worked that job. I remember coming home with past midnight this that there, taking two three trains, you know, doing like two hours straight back and forth. But when you stick at it, right, if you get succeed so making start making money, then you're able to like, all right, I'm taking the railroad home half our rude.
Speaker 2: You know what it is also too, I will say, is it's not so much of the traveling time there, you know what I mean, It's about you enjoying the process. You know what I mean, Like, no thing happens overnight. Right, So if you're whatever you're going to or whatever you're gonna do, if you enjoy doing what you do, regardless of the money, regardless of how much you get paid, you're gonna flourish, you know what I mean, because at the end of the day, you're doing that because you want to. It's not like you're forced to or something like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Wait, not, My point was saying that, right, if you just whatever, whether it's that or this, right, if if it will tough it out, be getting right, you're gonna be comfortable. You'll say do it regardless saying get it like it's easier once saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over time, I mean you get adjusted to it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, cool, cool, cool. So I would have bought it by this next question this person, well, I'm modifying it, but so you better Lou japarentswe Have you ever considered the AW.
Speaker 2: I have? I have? Actually that's actually when I realized, Okay, there's a lot of promotions out there, like it's wrestling is truly a possibility. When AW first started, like the first ever a w show, and I remember watching that live and I'm Kenny was on al those cards. Just watching it in general, I'm like, wow, wrestling has just flourished in not only WWE, but so many other companies, you know what I'm saying now X Obviously NXT was popping, but you know NXT still is going strong, and now they're making it even more developmental too. That with WWE Evolved and they have that LFG thing too, I've heard about too.
Speaker 3: That's still going on.
Speaker 2: I'm not too sure. I'm not too sure, but.
Speaker 3: I could be wrong, but I think I got careful. I got checked.
Speaker 2: There's been a womanute since I tuned into that. But I mean the Evolved has been really good. Like I mean, there's there's so many promotions out there with really good wrestling, you know what I'm saying, a lot of good talent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, what are it's like this level right here at the high level or with the independent circuit, Like it's very.
Speaker 2: That's another thing that I did learn from Red too. He tells everybody in the school, you know, watch everything, like all the companies, no matter where it is you get I'm saying, Japanics, whatever it is, watch everything. Whether people regardless whether people think it's bad, good, whatever the cases still want you know what I'm saying, just consume it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, I.
Speaker 3: Know that's what you be.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm trying to do right now. Ye'll see, just can consume as much as you can. There's so many different styles, you know what I'm saying. There's literally everything.
Speaker 2: You can find now like a lot of people are doing everything now. There's there's a lot of talent and all these promotions.
Speaker 3: All right, and I have one part of question.
Speaker 1: Uh hm, clearly, uh, Daddy's styles is influenced by eighty styles. He's not He's not shy about say that too.
Speaker 3: So that said, could you replat that on my time? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh say clearly that Daddy styles, right, it's it was by aging styles.
Speaker 3: He's say that, you know that's yea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. And it goes back into what we were talking about when I first met him. He was talking to me about that, and we were talking about influences to us, you know what I mean. And yep, he's mentioned that. He's mentioned that for sure.
Speaker 3: So with that said, right, what's like, what's your influence?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's really good. That's a good question because so I remember we was in class, right, we was watching matches as a whole, right, and Onny King was putting the matches right, yes, and he put us onto a match from Pro Wrestling Noah right, and it was Keno versus Katsuhiko Nakajima.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And immediately when he put that, I knew, like my head like watching it, I was like, this is the type of wrestler I want to be. You get what I'm saying, Like a strong style type of striker, heavy on the kicks, the knees. You know what I'm saying, Keno, Nakajima. These are guys at the highest level, Shinski Nakamura. You know what I mean That Rogers, not Roderick, Strong, Kyler, Riley, Bobby Fish is up there too for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, strong style type of striker.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, bet bet bet?
Speaker 3: All right, So we'll quick the part where the show where is the type of plugs?
Speaker 1: Social media booking, geffo, shout anybody out whatever you want to just spelt there right now.
Speaker 2: So follow me at real dot Mike dot, rios on I G or bookings. I'm not accepting bookings just yet outside of LPW, but when I do get that green light, for sure, i'll post that out there.
Speaker 3: Got you, got you? All right? Uh, that's it. Anything else to add real quick.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say, to be honest, everybody that I've trained with from House of Glory, everybody that I've trained with in ray Longo's m m A. I'm just super grateful to everybody who's helped me on my journey and blessings to everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, bet bet best. So right, I'm gonna sign off now. Well, I'm go text you off, give you a call while I text you that. Okay, all right, bet, all right, so up side off, y'all.
Speaker 3: This should be up tomorrow. I'll put up to date. Uh uh yeah. So again I always say, stay safe, stay.
Speaker 1: Out of trouble, and I'll be until the next time, which right now, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Nah. Yeah, definitely, Uh. Support him. He's been doing his research, putting in the work. So salute to you and what you do man, respect lessons, and I appreciate you for having me too, Thank you, Thank you appreciate it. Yeah yeah, yeah, you said he's gonna call me right