Speaker 1: Listen to this conversation between Bill and his acquaintance bridget.
Speaker 2: Bill and Zanban Brigitsu.
Speaker 3: Brigita was merchenz maen a mertions flect It was.
Speaker 4: Essen dunker herbashung gessen.
Speaker 5: Also, what's mechenzi marhens Metz March she mentioned medium auto back farm mertions met me a mid common.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gano one faran via.
Speaker 1: In this conversation you heard the word mid common. This means to come with or to come along.
Speaker 3: Brigita was merchenzi machen merchan flect It was.
Speaker 6: Essen dunker herbashung gessen was merchenz mars Mertz March.
Speaker 3: She mentioned medium auto back farm mertions met me a mid common.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gano one faran via.
Speaker 1: Now suppose that you were talking with them an acquaintance.
Speaker 7: She stands the four does the met anand Deutschen bukanspression v frakante.
Speaker 1: How does your acquaintance to ask, when did you arrive in Germany?
Speaker 6: Funzanci Indutschland anger common fundzanci in Deutschland anger common, and.
Speaker 1: I arrived Monday evening.
Speaker 5: Ishpin montag armed unger common ishpin montag armed aunger common.
Speaker 2: V fraksi.
Speaker 1: How does she ask, how long have you already been in.
Speaker 6: Munich whilangazinci Shonen, Munchen filangazinci Shon and Munchen.
Speaker 2: Be zact man since two days.
Speaker 3: Sides sweight Targan side sweight targan.
Speaker 1: And what thee? I have been here already since two days.
Speaker 5: Hpinchen side sweight Targan here hpinchen side swet targan here I want to be zact man since a week.
Speaker 3: Side anavoro side anavoro.
Speaker 2: V frat rebicande do.
Speaker 1: You like it in Munich.
Speaker 3: Cave?
Speaker 4: He is in an invention cave, He is in an invention.
Speaker 3: Try to say yes, I like it, Yeah, escaffeldma, yeah, eskaffeldma.
Speaker 1: V fract the where do you live? And vhaltancy in the Hotel Astoria.
Speaker 3: In Hotel Astoria, in Hotel Astoria.
Speaker 2: The fract.
Speaker 1: Have you already seen something of munich.
Speaker 4: Ums? You should Adverston mentioned zine hums. You should Adverston mentioning gazine.
Speaker 5: Untwaltunt see nothing yet, nonichts, nonichts not much yet, nornist feel nornist feel.
Speaker 2: Yet strong?
Speaker 1: The what time is it.
Speaker 3: You feel?
Speaker 4: Is this you feel? Is this.
Speaker 2: The unwoted. It's one o'clock, as is then, as is.
Speaker 7: Anu rang the arabakanda up the shanga gassen hat.
Speaker 3: Hamas the schonga gassen hamas the schonga gassen.
Speaker 2: We anto did the no.
Speaker 1: I haven't eaten anything yet.
Speaker 6: Nine I habennen nine no nichts nine habennen.
Speaker 1: Frag They would you like to eat something with me?
Speaker 3: Mention the adransmtmeresen, merchanci adransmtmeresen.
Speaker 1: How does she accept?
Speaker 4: Yeah, gana.
Speaker 2: We fracked man?
Speaker 1: Are you acquainted with.
Speaker 4: Canon Z? Canon Z?
Speaker 1: Are you acquainted with the restaurant?
Speaker 2: Some Leuvin.
Speaker 4: Can Inzida's restaurants. Some louven can Inzida's restaurants. Some louven.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know it yet.
Speaker 3: Nine niched h nine.
Speaker 1: It's not far from here?
Speaker 4: Is a snat fight from here? Is a snatch fight from here?
Speaker 1: Only two kilometers.
Speaker 4: Notes by kilometa.
Speaker 1: And here's my car, Oh, here's mine auto. We can take my car.
Speaker 4: Bucun and mine auto namen you can and mind autonymen.
Speaker 1: Now imagine you and bridget are eating at the restaurants some leuven and she sees a friend stand there imagine.
Speaker 7: Stand THEE four the restaurant some leven On Brigida Sand freund.
Speaker 4: On vid Dodrum is then fund from Mia and freund for Mere Doddruben is then friend for.
Speaker 2: Mere Wisakmann friend.
Speaker 4: Freund dear freund.
Speaker 1: Freuend is a male friend, say, a friend of mine.
Speaker 4: And friend fir von Meir and frindir.
Speaker 1: Uzagen a friend of yours, and.
Speaker 3: Franz fen fon Enen and Franz fen.
Speaker 2: He's called Willi Klein videholenzi erhist Willy Klein.
Speaker 4: Ear heist heist ere heist er heist, will you Klein.
Speaker 2: Fragsie?
Speaker 1: What is his name?
Speaker 7: Or?
Speaker 1: Literally? How is he called?
Speaker 3: The hiest ear? The hiest ear.
Speaker 2: Be fracticante.
Speaker 1: Are you already acquainted with Willy Klein.
Speaker 4: Canon? The Villy clin Shune canon, the Villy clin Shune.
Speaker 2: Zangxi no not yet.
Speaker 3: Nine nine.
Speaker 1: Bridget introduces you to Willy Klein. How would you respond now suppose he did not catch your name? How would he ask? What is your name? Or what are you called?
Speaker 2: Vhen ze vhen zag I'm called Jamison.
Speaker 3: Hiasa Jamesonihisa Jameson.
Speaker 1: V fact air what is your name?
Speaker 2: Vhen z vcen z.
Speaker 1: You're called Jamison.
Speaker 2: The high and Jamison zehn Jamison?
Speaker 1: Is your name? Peter Jamison.
Speaker 2: Hesn the Peter Jamison has in the Peter Jamison.
Speaker 1: Tell him, no, You're called Bill.
Speaker 3: Nine is his abu ishis au.
Speaker 1: How does Bridget tell him Bill is a friend of mine?
Speaker 4: Bill is then.
Speaker 2: And I must go now, Unfortunately, bernditsu and vidaholzi.
Speaker 5: Ismusyet slider again, Laida ishmusmus ishmus ismusyet slider again, ishmusyet sledder again.
Speaker 2: Wench his ward bedoted.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Laida, I must.
Speaker 3: Ishmus MOUs ishmus.
Speaker 1: I must go.
Speaker 3: Ishmuskien Ishmuskien.
Speaker 2: You have to go now, wenzi zi.
Speaker 6: Musnet skiing Zi mussen simus and gien zi musnet skien zi musnet skiing.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have to go, Yeah, Ishmuskien Ishmuskien, I have to go. Unfortunately, is muslid again ischmuslad again.
Speaker 1: Willie has to go now too, we Willie.
Speaker 6: Mousiet agin yemus mus yemus Willie Mousiet.
Speaker 1: Does he really have to go?
Speaker 3: Mousvie kliskien mouseevia kliskien.
Speaker 1: Say the two together. I have to. He has to.
Speaker 4: Ishmus amos ishmus hear mus.
Speaker 2: Zangzi.
Speaker 1: I can't stay.
Speaker 3: Ishkhanish bliben ishkan ishanisht bliben.
Speaker 2: With that arabicande.
Speaker 1: He also can't stay.
Speaker 4: Can ornisht BlimE air cone can ornish blame.
Speaker 1: FRANKSI you can't stay.
Speaker 3: See kunished BlimE.
Speaker 1: Say the two together. I can he can.
Speaker 4: iScan air con iScan ear con.
Speaker 1: We also have to go.
Speaker 4: Musen orgin, musen orgin.
Speaker 2: Vizabicanta.
Speaker 1: Bill is a friend of mine, billist and.
Speaker 4: Billist, and.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately he must go. Just listen like.
Speaker 4: Demos again, Lie demos again.
Speaker 1: Note the word order. She's literally saying, unfortunately, must he now repeat? Unfortunately he has to go.
Speaker 6: Lie demos again, monsieur, Lie demose again, Lie delmos again.
Speaker 1: How do you say?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately he has to go, Lie demos again, Lie demos again.
Speaker 1: Zag the well, then fine, I'll do good. What would you like to do?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: That's motion? The muhen thus met, they smashen.
Speaker 2: The act.
Speaker 1: I'd like to go into town.
Speaker 4: I met, and you stopped, gain I met in your stopped gain.
Speaker 1: You too? The oh, would you also like to go into town?
Speaker 4: Motion and the orange stut gin metion the orangist gain.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would like to come along. Vite jan zi to come along.
Speaker 3: Mid common common, mit mid common.
Speaker 2: Zang Zi.
Speaker 1: I would like to come along.
Speaker 3: Ishmershter mitt common ishmersh de mitt common.
Speaker 6: With you.
Speaker 3: Mid en.
Speaker 5: Mit inenen, I would like to come along with you ishm in common with inan mid common isms in mid common.
Speaker 2: Thesac man with me.
Speaker 1: With mia, you can come along.
Speaker 4: With me, secerne in with me a mid common secerne in with me a mid common.
Speaker 1: We can take my car.
Speaker 4: Be aconne in mine auto nymon mine auto.
Speaker 2: Frangzi.
Speaker 1: Do you have another gas in the car?
Speaker 3: Hams he can been seeing him auto him auto hamsuk been seeing him auto?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have ten leaders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he habit seen Liita. Yeah, he habit seen Lita.
Speaker 1: That's enough?
Speaker 4: Does a kanook.
Speaker 2: The tracked man?
Speaker 1: Where in the sense of where to.
Speaker 3: Poor him? For him?
Speaker 2: Frogen they where would you like to go? Use farn.
Speaker 3: For him, Merchency farm for him, Merchency farm.
Speaker 1: The act into town.
Speaker 4: Indistat in your stad.
Speaker 1: Would you like to come along?
Speaker 4: Metioncy mid common metioncy mid common.
Speaker 1: Say gladly ghana, I would like to come along.
Speaker 3: Schmersch de mitt common, schmerscht de mitt common, the zacht man.
Speaker 1: Friend freund.
Speaker 3: Dear freund.
Speaker 1: Referring to a male friend, ask what is your friend called.
Speaker 3: Fia heistier found via heistier freunde.
Speaker 6: His name is Willie Klein, the heist Willy Klein, the heist Willy Klein.
Speaker 1: He's a friend of mine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's Mia. Yeah, it's enfa my friend, mine freund stay together, a friend, my friend.
Speaker 8: En freund mine freund en freund, mine freund.
Speaker 2: Franzi.
Speaker 1: He's German?
Speaker 3: Right? Is deutcha ishwar? Is deutcha ishtvar.
Speaker 1: No, he's Wiss z nine.
Speaker 4: Is Schweizer, Schweizer so schwei Schweizer. Yeah? Is Schweizer.
Speaker 1: Say that he's Swiss?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is Schweizer?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is Schweizer.
Speaker 1: Say that he's not German?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is Kindeutsche Kindeutsche.
Speaker 1: Suppose you were talking about his wife, how would you say that she's not German?
Speaker 3: She's kine deutscher, kine Deutsche, seized kaine.
Speaker 1: Deutsche, she's American.
Speaker 5: Seist americanovin seeest americanovin.
Speaker 1: But he is Swiss.
Speaker 4: Aberias schweizer aber ear is Schweizer.
Speaker 1: Now say, unfortunately I have to go. Now be careful of the ward order.
Speaker 5: Lie de Musyeshchitskien, Lie de Musyeshitskien. Good bye, alfridas In this is the end of Unit two.