Speaker 1: So, Lisa, how do you like shedding your bathroom with two brothers?
Speaker 2: Two brothers? Bart? Who is this kid? Be cool? Be cool? He's an orphan, you know, just like Annie, except he's a dude and he hates tomorrow. I hate it so much.
Speaker 3: Four finger Discount, dude.
Speaker 4: Welcome to four finger Discount. Where this week Bart gets a brother. It's oh brother Where Bart now.
Speaker 1: And Dana and I am guy neither was half brothers.
Speaker 4: No. I actually thought about this when I was watching this and I'm writing my notes, and I went, I wonder if I ever felt the way that Bart feels. And I don't think I ever wished I had a brother. I don't think that thought ever came across. There were times where I kind of wish I had someone to kick it footy with. Maybe, But I guess maybe because my sister Stacy Chatt to Stacy was always willing too the sort of great and kick the already and do things like that. I never I never sort of missed that, But that brotherly connection, I guess I kind of did. It would have been nice. I guess I have that brotherly connection. What about you? You had his four sisters.
Speaker 1: I had four sisters. Yeah, and being the youngest of the Charlie correct. Yeah, yeah, so, I mean I know it was it was. It was a great way to grow up.
Speaker 4: I love my sisters very very much, and they're also a lot older than.
Speaker 1: They were, that's true. But I also, yeah, I had a lot of sort of time to myself.
Speaker 4: So we're almost like an early child because I was so much older. I was just some degreels. What's the age gept between you and yet the youngest sister as eight years so by the time she was tenner, you were still like seven eight, So you was like an early child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean she didn't want anything to do with a little brad like me. Yeah. Did I find myself wishing, Oh I wish I had a brother or even wish they had a sibling close marriage. No, not really. I was pretty happy with my own company and was from a young age. And you know, I formed good male friendships when I was young, and they were essentially like my brothers. So JP, yeah, JP, Well, JP, who was thinking is the main one? I'm thinking It was my best friend when I was growing up and still a very very good mate. We had a very nice catch up the other night steak and beers good stuff. But he doesn't have any sisters. He has two brothers, and I want to say I always envied their relationship. I thought that's a nice relation about because they're very close. You can tell they're good friends as well as brothers.
Speaker 4: So sometimes it comescross my mind. I go, well, nickol and I have produced this, this prodigy athlete and Aliot, maybe you try and produce a couple more, make more money, give them, give about the new sal Wards, get.
Speaker 1: A little manning dynastic shout out to this episode.
Speaker 4: But I just thought about when I was watching this going, I wonder if I ever felt this way. I just I don't think I did. There probably are people out there who wish they did have a brother, or sisters who wish I had a sister, But for me, no, There's a movie.
Speaker 1: That came out long and sorry, sorry to sort of bring the mood down, but The Iron Claw. Did you want to that one about the rest of Yeah, Eric's yeah, yeah, but I mean it's got Really it's very depressing. These brothers who are all sort of wrestlers or goaded into wrestling by their father.
Speaker 4: And there was a ship industry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and they had a really really bad run. But it's just a sad bit at the end not to sort of spoil anything, but you know, with but here's the ending does But there's a lot of the memories that I used to be a brother and he's got his cou sons and saying we'll be your brother's dad, and I'll go like, goddamn man, Yeah mine claw good movie. Depressing as fuck, But no, I never really sort of had this itchual is urged, like, oh yeah, I never had this ittual urge to replace my mum's control pills with with tik taks but or tactics.
Speaker 4: Yes, Bart does want a brother.
Speaker 1: He does, he does. Yeah, I mean I found this interesting. Didn't really like this episode, nor did I in all on see, And it's one of those ones.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling like a very Monday morning quarterback kind of guy again, Eli Manning or Peyton Manning. Do you think you can fix it? I feel like I could probably fix I think we could fix this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there's a I've got here, There's a story are you here that I just don't a genuine heartfelt story. I just don't think they tapped into at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was written by a man, Matt Salmon as well.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I found it interesting that one of the notes I've written here is this the first time it feels like the first time to me at least, that we've seen real sisterhood between Lisa and Naggy.
Speaker 4: Not the first time, but it's the first time in a while. Yeah. And I know that Naggie's a baby. There's so much you can do with babies.
Speaker 1: But they're like, oh, okay, yeah, I mean, yeah, they've got that sisterly bond and yeah, they can sort of communicate.
Speaker 4: On that level the way women do. I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, for Bart to then go, oh, yeah, there's no one in the in my family that I can sort of relate to and bond with on.
Speaker 4: That level, Yeah, I thought, oh, that's something you can work with. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now, how you resolve that or how you explore that and then how you resolved it, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it felt like they didn't really do a whole lot with it here.
Speaker 4: I just think that him going to an orphanage and orphan just escaping the orphanage and moving in with them. It's just felt so flim. Yeah. I just thought, Oh, this kid's now living with them and they don't care about this. This kid's now living with them. Home was like, hey, Charlie, you joined the family.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, well, that's I mean, I think Bart's were pulling a bit of a swifty by saying, oh, I mean they never he never says he's my new brother or anything like that. He's like, here's Charlie, my new friend. You're going to be seeing a lot of him. So it's yeah, I'm implied that going to be sort of sleeping under Bart's bed and then all that kind of business. But I don't know, it just felt like Bart wanting a brother. Yeah, it felt like something you could explore in a in an interesting way.
Speaker 4: And talking about how we discussing earlier you didn't have a brother, but you found friends who became your brothers. I feel like, for me, I'm watching this going the story he should have been that Millhouse is the brother that Bart never careered but wanted. Yeah, so there was an element of there's a scene where Millhouse points out who's this kid? And if I'm thinking, oh, okay, there's going to be a jealousy angle here. They don't tap into it all they should have been that Millhouse gets jealous of Charlie and Bartmus replaces Millhouse with Charlie and then realize, you know what your house, I've always had a brother. I've already yes, exactly, and there's you're Closing's the end. I've always had a brother. It's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be a hitty rye absolutely, yeah, I mean it could be a really good heartfelt episode with a lot of comedy sort of leading up to that, with you know, sort of shenanigans between you know, Millhouse trying to sabotage Charlie and Charlie's clearly a kid who knows all the angles. You know, you see him sort of doing getting up to various midst of mischief and sort of outsmarting Millhouse at every turn. And then yeah, but yeah, the culminations but realizing oh, I always had a brother, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's you. That's great.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a true fixed it.
Speaker 4: We fixed it. Yeah, that is the ending. Yeah, so and that's the ending of this episode. So, but a similar thing to last week, you know how we were annoyed, Actually, no, what No. We did a review last week of Lisa ghoest Gaga, which is available on our Patreon, where we were really pissed off that Bart ruined Lisa's life essentially by revealing her to be the truth teller in this episode here so I had the same as last week. It wasn't last week reviewed that episodelast week. It's a season twenty three episode of Out on Patro As I said, but the story he of Lisa, she just comes across like such a bitch. She really does, but absolutely no reason. She's just almost like reveling in Bart's sadness, and it just didn't I feel that the characters in this just felt very mean spirited. I remember there was a scene where Bart points out Maggie. Maggie's like, no, waving to Barton, just being nice to him. He's like, ah, go way, sister, shop it around somewhere else, and it's like, why is everyone Why does anyone like each other anymore? Why they always means The comedy seems to be drawn from being mean to each other.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that line from part of the shop at Somewhere Else, And yeah, I think that would work in the context of him feeling sort of like disregarded or slided.
Speaker 4: Or something like that.
Speaker 1: Maggie's never done that to him, I know, I know, but yeah, he's acting out. But yeah, this really starts starting to feel like the way you know when people talk about the decline, when as we enter the twenties, of the sentence kind of like, oh yeah, it's getting mean spirited or it's getting not lazy, but it's sort of the tone of the humor is changing.
Speaker 4: Well, you got annoyed with Lisa a couple of episodes ago with The Loser, Well, yeah, and I mean it feels very much like that. It's like, remember when Lisa wanted the best for everybody? Well? True, yeah, I mean there's a bit of real sarcastic bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a bit of this. There's a bit of the start here, and I mean, I can I'm sort of on Lisa's side here, but this all felt very sort of rerunnish and retreadish, where it's snowing and home it's talking about, oh, well, what's all this global warming stuff? Lady d It was like, wait a minute, I'm sorry, that's I'm you know, I'm living in a fantasy house on gum drop Lane La La La La La. Yeah, I'm the magical man from from Happy Land, just being a joke for no reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then Lisa's going, really really, that's it's like, that's a placeholder line. That's not your actual joke, that's not that's not the line of dialog, there's no line, no, no. What you put in the screw is. Lisa's reaction is something akin to really really, and then you come up and find something. Then you find out with the funny line that actually does that as opposed to her just saying really really, because really really is a line that say, I don't know Meg from Family Guys says I'm sorry to keep bringing up Family Guy, but I'm seeing the influence.
Speaker 4: More and more on the senses or.
Speaker 1: A different style of humor is infiltrating and permeating the Simpsons. And I'm not a fan.
Speaker 4: I like it. And also Lisa reacting that way makes you the viewer go, really, that's all you got? Yeah, and it leaves you feel in the same way exactly, just disappointed, like you used to be better expected more from here also to the story of Nelson where he gets Marge's birth control pills and he keeps eating but he's eating them forever going forward. Now he never runs out of him, just keeps eating them and eating them.
Speaker 1: And he's like, say, there's approximately nine tic TACs or tactics or whatever the funk they call them.
Speaker 4: But the thing is all over the funk they call them. But the thing is, get it. He's emotional because he's like a woman. Get him. Women are emotional. Get it.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's like, I must admit I have written down here yay gender stereotyping and look, I'm old school sometimes insensitive a butcher blog. At the same time, it's like, I look, I don't mind that on occasion if it can be used sort of. It was just once fine, yeah, but all throughout this episode it's like, hey, men drive like this, women drive like this. And by the end spoilers for the end of this episode, when Charlie gets adopted by a family, that's very.
Speaker 4: End of the Davis family. It's such a nothing ending. By the way, it's like, now he's been adopted by a family, he's clearly not happy, and they're just like, yeah, go see, and it's like that's the end.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the thing Charlie is not necessarily a villain. He doesn't deserve like a come up And I'm not saying this is a come up and s or anything like that, but it does feel like a kind of ironic punishment that Charlie is not necessarily earned or deserves. But yeah, that whole thing about oh girls bigger and they just want to you know, make over things like the fuck man come And also, you know, I thinking I'm going to be saying w two WTF a bit through this episode because I mean, the whole bro Land thing, the whole brillant it went forever. Yeah, not necessarily great. I mean, I don't know, don't I'm loath to diss the Smothers brothers because apparently they've kind of pivotal onto American comedy at a certain time.
Speaker 4: This is not that time that went on for a long time. Yeah, and none of it was funny, no, no. But we always talk.
Speaker 1: About how the Simpsons will sort of like reference other things or at least, you know, pay tribute to its comedy ancestors and things like that.
Speaker 4: But I think dedicated thirty seconds to them, yeah.
Speaker 1: Pretty much, because I yeah, I get the feeling there's not a lot of viewers of The Simpsons, particularly at this stage of the game, particularly season twenty one, who are going to be familiar with the Smothers brothers particular, you know, offbeat style of comedy, stylings or whatever. I was aware of them, but yeah, I'm looking at going I don't know. I felt like, what's his name? Grew in just beak with me.
Speaker 4: You're like, this, this is garbage. What the fuck was that South Park reference that came out of nowhere? Added nothing it was and the thing is.
Speaker 1: Actual note what's with the south Park bit? Yeah, what's the point of it?
Speaker 4: What's the point of it? The only point is the promos. So, hey, the south Park takes and Simpsons taking the mick out of South Park and you have that visual of them at the bus up You're like, oh my god, I've got to watch this, and you watching it like oh oh, I go back to The snow Dogs where it's like the trailer is just the dogs talking the whole time, and you get to the movie and you're like, oh, that was Cuba Gooding Junior's dream sequds. It goes for about two minutes. Great snow Dogs, They're just fucking dogsn't even talk. Then the trailer I was talking and laughing. I'm like, oh, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Of the family.
Speaker 4: What the fuck is this the Cuba Gooding Junior movie. Yeah, so yeah, a lot wrong with this episode in the South Park thing, I'm going, I'm going, this is the first time the Simpsons have genuinely taken not taking the mick, but pay tribute to south By Child visually in this kind of thing. To this level, Kyle doesn't even know who plays Carl Millhouse, doesn't ever say anything, right, So he kills Kenny that's it? Which is Ralph Roight? Yeah? Which is Ralph? Ralph sort of mumble something under the thing, which, hey, that's because that's what Kenny does. That's not funny though you make it funny. Then he hits him and say, hey, you killed Ralph or Kenny or whatever. So what do we were saying before?
Speaker 1: It's like, this is the placeholder that you put in while you come up with a jokes like, oh, this is what's going to happen, but doesn't. Swartsweather talks about this, not about this in particular, but he'll say, I'll write a ship draft, yeah, and then I get to rewrite the ship draft because rewriting is the fun.
Speaker 4: Part, like get a story happening. Yeah. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: Homer says something funny here, and then I'll come back the next day when it's tarting to do draft too, it's like, okay, well, what's he going to say?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 4: And I literally but that Millhouse ending, right, that is a sensational ending in my o. Pin it's really good. You can get an ending and go back from that, your reverse in engineer from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah about that, right, as always say, you gotta know your ending for yest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but let's let's write that one. Absolutely. Yeah. That could be a subplot in the Simpsons movie too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think we've actually got the bones of a good episode.
Speaker 4: Ye. With that, I mean, I will give the voice out of Jordan is the guy they yeah, Jordan, the guy who's who's the voice of Russell in Up. Yeah, he's retired and he doesn't do any more voice that. He was only nine years old when this when this was recorded. He's good as Charlie, he really is.
Speaker 1: He's one of my favorite moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, we'll get that in the second but I was surprised to learn that he was the not just the youngest guest star, but he's the first ever guestar who wasn't born before the show. He was good, he did.
Speaker 1: I must admit when I I thought who they got, I wasn't looking at who was doing voices before the episode.
Speaker 4: And on to the end credit normal, they don't get guest voices for kids, and obviously they haven't because yeah, a kid guest start.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a child actor, And I was sorry, who are child actors around this? I mean, because I was thinking, oh, yeah, mcaulay colgan is larger. Would they all grown up by now? So it's not them, We're so old?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: Who are the kids these days? But Colie Culkin is it? The stars of the good son Corey Feldman. But I really just remember thinking, whoever's voicing, Charlie's doing a good job and yeah, feels like a legitimate kid but also a professional actor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah that worked all right as well, short and sharp. Yeah she's been on the show before, Yeah she had a more prominent role, but this time here she was just playing the third sister, but also a little interesting tippic. This was the last episode of The Simpsons to air in the two thousands.
Speaker 1: So I read, yeah, wow, time just keeps on slipping. So's in the great or silver Spoons, all that stuff, my favorite favorite moments.
Speaker 4: So you kick off of your first one. You said Charlie had one of yours.
Speaker 1: I think Bart referred to is an orphan like Any, except he doesn't like Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It's like, I hate it so much. Good line reading, Yes, I really liked Any when I was a kid. I loved the movie Annie Loved as a kid. I alreadyatched about two years ago, and I was like, oh, you should have left it in your memory. Kid. It's fine, but it's just I just I was obsessed with the song to man is my favorite endings of all time.
Speaker 1: And then you grow up and you realize, oh, easy Street, it's the best song Tim carry and the Beaters and carries the best at everything. Tim Curry is pretty good stuff. I just gotta laugh out of this line that's still came out of left field. I think Bart's trying to wangle himself an orphan.
Speaker 4: My dad going to have any more real life Jaws? A bit off? My dad's wiener, what the real life Jaws I think it was a real life Jaws. Yeah, Jaws. Yeah, the ones on the movie a real life Jaws. I really liked in that scene where she goes to throw him out and he goes Oliver from the race car monopoly, the race car. It's true race car. Everyone wants to be the race car.
Speaker 1: Everyone did't want to be the race can If not, okay, if you can't get the race car, what are you?
Speaker 4: I'm probably the dog. I'm top out, top hat. Yeah. I thought you'd be top ha.
Speaker 1: I'm fancy yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And my other favorite moment, because I only have three, As you get older and you're in a significant.
Speaker 4: Is my favorite part too. I like you have a significant other. It's like, do we desert that? Do we make love? The eternal quandary? More and more? Did a first des desserts? Weading out?
Speaker 2: More and more?
Speaker 4: We always go. I would have dinner first, be fine, tomorrow, ray check morning, see in the morning. I was like, they're doing well. The one thing they're doing well at the moment is relatable margin Homer stories. And you didn't really relate to the detailing the lies or making the kids eat healthy thing because I thought I was quite relatable where it's like, we'll make the kids eat healthy, but we won't in secret. But yeah, dessert first or sex, Like they're nailing that aspect of the shape. Maybe it's just because I'm an adult watching it now, I'm just relating to these stories more. I think I was a kid, I would never any to do what they've been talking about. No, No, you surely can do both. Or you know, even if you're a te we even know what snuggling? What's what's snuggling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or even if you're a teenager again, sex, eat and sex at the same time.
Speaker 4: Next question, you there eating the beast? All right, trivia time. My first question for you is what are the three ingredients of gelatine? Oh? It's is it hoops? Oh? Bones, getting bones the sickest horses.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's see only three questions. What is the brand of salt that but is on the path the frozen path.
Speaker 4: No idea, It's called Winter Road, Winter Road. Okay. My next question for you is what brand what license pants does Bart wear when he's doing the catwalk?
Speaker 1: If you mean the tights, they are the tights are by Hello Kitty.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now, my follow up question to you, which you'll probably get the belt is by what and the vest is by who.
Speaker 4: I liked this actually, so the belt's Twizzler and the vest is Nelson, which I guess is kind of a call back to the fact that Nelson may have was there when you're dating Lisa good well being. Okay, that was my that was your question, of course. Yes, my next question for you is what does Bart cook for dessert?
Speaker 1: And this was also my first question to you. Which is taraguan encrusted Atlantic salmon?
Speaker 4: No, that's the five course meal. What's the dessert? Old?
Speaker 1: Is it passion fruit parthe or something? Passion fruit soufle that's right, with a vanilla something. Yeah, that sounds pretty nice. I mean passion fruit, good flavor. I'm not a passion fruit guy. I rem my name, God bless the name Marlene. She whenever I'd get her yogurt, she always get by some yogurts for me. She loved the passion fruit flavors. I don't like passion fruits. I'm more about the strawberries than that. But yeah, passion fruit isn't It's too sweet for me. I guess maybe I'm sure. Yeah, I mean no, I like I like passion fruit flavor as opposed to it, I won't need a passion fruit had a passion fruit flavor something?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when speaking of flavors, right, I just discussion with Nicola last night. When you're talking about lollies. Do you call lollies by the flavor of the color flavor? Do you see? I said, I want I want a red snake, I want a purple peple. What's your favorite favor? Purple snakes? Oh? In that case? Yeah, because someone the other day out the other the day, sorry, is can you pass me a grape snake? And I was like, oh that was weird. That's it was a dad saying so and so do you want any grape snakes? She's like yes please. I was like, grape snakes, rape grapes, it's purple snakes. And she's like, yeah, I that two is so weird. Rape snakes, rape snakes? And what is your favorite flavor of lolly? Mine's purple? Purple orange? And what's always the flavor left in the in the bag when you're like, what's the one you always leave behind you? I'm not gonna eat these and put them in the bin. Is it yellow?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I certainly won't no, no, I might be a green guy.
Speaker 4: We're always green and yellow, always the last two left in the bag. Yeah, yeah, green and gold to show it's always green and gold, red, purple, orange, there might go to.
Speaker 1: When it comes to snakes, we're not throwing any lollies in the bin. We do.
Speaker 4: I always want to eat yeow. I'd rather throw the bin.
Speaker 1: Leave them out in the postbox. I'll go and come get Christmas present.
Speaker 4: Indeed, indeed, this show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you will find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger Discount. All right, so that is trivia. Let's get into some Patreon shoutout, starting with the Incredible Whom Mister Davis, Katy g Yes, Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Prue Shaney, Macker, Elliot, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, reached Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Seawan Dvi, Pete Anderson, Timothy Bells, and Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental Planned flood BALLO Winter Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, be Adrick McLeod, March, Levan, Jinder and Pickle, Preston, Murray, Talia and Riquez, deck On Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan, b James Shepard, Joe Reading Sact, Dave Protest, McNally, Gavin Lane, Damie Miller, Charlie Joe and Abigail B. Shapkater.
Speaker 1: Who needs a brother when you've got those brothers ancestors?
Speaker 4: Indeed, Yes, our beloved Stonecutters here at four finger Discount. Thank you for continuing to support us here at the SHOWF you want suppor us for as little, it's just one dollar per month. You can follow the link in the description of this podcast. But the original air date of O Brother Where bart Thow was December thirteenth, two thousand and nine. Was coming out in the box office two thousand and nine. As a Davis any idea? I have no idea? What was yours? Yours was twenty ten, wasn't it when you gave up knowing what year was what the movies there was probably two thousand and eight, was it? Yeah? All right, yeah, so the number one film at the box office at this point was number three was Invictus.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's the one about the South African rugby team. And it's got to do with Nelson Mandela as well. I think orgn Freeman is Mandela.
Speaker 4: Yep. That Damon puts in and seeth African accent. He tries, he tries, keep trying, Maddy. It's one of the weird accents where you think it should be easy to take the mickey or not to parody to do, but it's just you can't. They sound very much, said me. I mean, I just excel at every accent and impression that I tried. It sounds so similar to New Zealand as well, and it almost sounds like when they're trying to do they try to do South African and they do Australian, like what they try to do Australia, they're doing South African. You're like, I know, they sound similar, but they're also very different. They are. Indeed. Yeah. Number two was The blind Side, Ah, and number one from number fifteen all the way to number one, the Princess and the Frog.
Speaker 1: Oh the Disney one.
Speaker 4: Yes, the last hand animated Disney film correct released. Yeah, what a chat? Yeah? Anyway, all right, So the original ed, as we said, was Yeah, December thirteen, two thousand and nine, written by Matt Salmon and directed by Stephen Dean Moore. Lots of guest stars. So we've got the Smothers brothers, we've got the Manning brothers. We've got Jordan as we'll just touching on as Charlie. And we've got oh, hughl Houser. I see who's he? Which one is he?
Speaker 1: They are watching his show at the very start? Marc's note, Okay, who is hul Hauser? I just thought it was just a made up since this cast. No, no, no, no, I've gone to Wikipedia. Huell is no longer with us. He passed away January seven, twenty thirteen. But he was an American TV personality, actor, producer, writer, singer and voice artists. All Rounder is indeed best known for hosting, producing, and writing California's Gold and his Human Interest show Visiting with hughle Houser. Yeah, he's just one of those sort of all rounder guys who were just you know, did a bunch of stuff and was on your TV and your radio for goodness knows how long.
Speaker 4: Just one of those guys is just always there. Yeah, yeah, and no, when he's up there and you're like, well, where's he going, you're like, oh, hey, passed away.
Speaker 1: You're in Australia and you're watching a show like say get Away Postcards.
Speaker 4: It's like and he didn't go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you did this for a while. And now they've got a they're a very friendly, affable person. They've got a nice cushy gig, you know, sort of going down. Well today we're down the morning to Ninsula.
Speaker 4: But the cash gag, kid, there's no chalkboard game, the cash gays living room furniture is dwanging disco music until the Simpsons come in. How many yells? Hey? The furniture returns to a normal spot and the Simpson sit on the couch. But the sign gag was there was none? There was none? That true question. The episode kicks off with Homer and Lisa watching Under the Wrapper with Cuel hue Houser's es special on how they how they make gum drops and explain that's made of gelatin, which is the skin bones, and who's of the sickest horses which ain't. Yeah, lyon, No, gelatin is made of the less of parts of animals. Yeah, talking about lollies makes you not want to lollies anymore? Right, not even grape flavor, not grape snakes.
Speaker 2: No not.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Lisa asked them to change it because I just want to see the horses being turned into the lollies. But he increases the volume, then changes it to the Creative Arts Emmys, and it's just them taking Micky out the Emmys week again and also.
Speaker 1: The Creative Arts Emiges, which is kind of the ones like these are the ones that are too boring to put on the star studded Yeah, actual coverage, yep. And so they go back to the Oscars does as well, which is weird because they do they're like their honorary Oscars, but they don't do they they aren't broadcast or anything. And like this year they gave it to Tom Cruise. It's like, why is that not on television?
Speaker 4: Why is this not on TV? Who's gon to be sitting down in front of the TV and watching this?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing. I mean, apparently the Oscars are now going to be shown on YouTube as opposed to.
Speaker 4: Because people just watching YouTube on the tivvy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and YouTube's probably bigger than TV these days.
Speaker 4: I used to be Monday, avoid everything on Monday so you don't find it. The newson Who Are the Best? Oscar? And you can watch the Academy was on Monday night.
Speaker 1: I still have a friend who does that. Yeah, was like, don't tell me anything. It's like you're really there to watch it tonight.
Speaker 4: Just a tradition. Yeah, but they still put it on television, the replay of the old delayed telecast. I don't know, maybe I feel like this isn't the Oscars just moments Now every just skims through social media, just bits and bits. Yeah, don't ever watched the speeches anymore. It's just giving through who won? Who won? Ye, I'm done, moving on till next year. But it's snowing outside now, and Homer says tomorrow is going to shovel away the global warming, And we're saying earlier, how this just turns into a real passionizing, sarcastic, tirated for no reason.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, and I mean it's it's ripe with possibility because you know home is just this traditional kind of like, well, he's either well, weathers always changed, global warming is a myth blah blah blah, or someone who gets his opinions from the latest influencer or pundit or whatever, and least is actually sort of informed, actually have them having a proper discussion about it, but in a funny way. But instead it's just this, it's just home as sort of friends, really dirty.
Speaker 5: Dirty dirdy, Like tomorrow I'll be shoveling ten feet of global warming.
Speaker 2: Global warming because weather at both extremes hot and cold.
Speaker 5: See so you're saying warming makes it colder, Well aren't You're the queen of crazy Land. Everything's the opposite of everything.
Speaker 4: I used to SIPs.
Speaker 2: Really no, no.
Speaker 4: The next day, the bulls are using the nerds as a sleigh or to pull their sleigh. Sorry, Bart's listening to the school closures and I'm watching this going if they fucking say the sproof of Elementary is the only one open, I'm like, we just watched the kids just watch an episode called Skinner Sense of Snow, which we reviewed back in last season thirteen, where the kids get snowed in because the school was the only one open. I'm like, if they retread this story, I'm not gonna be happy. But no they don't. It turns out it's just Charmers and Skinner, who apparently are now on KBBL reading it out. Yeah it's not just like, why would they be going in? I don't know. I just as I said, just a screw with bar And then Skinner tries to make a joke and Charmer's yells at him and that's that, and that's that. Yeah, anyway, I think he makes a Springfield elbow. Maconi factory is closed, who knows, but then goes to leave, but the wink is blowing him back inside, blows the stairs and blows him on to the catch with a maths book in his hand, and then he decides he's not going to do that. He goes to his bedroom to play the Iceman Killeth in bed and I don't want to right, they care it And then there's a blackout and Marge explains that nothing works. TV doesn't work, DVD players don't work.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't explain to it. He's like, well, I'm going to try.
Speaker 4: There's going to try this, and yeah, none of them work because there's more to that story of a blackout. Springfield during a blackout is fun? How about kids? Because I guess now we have portable charges wan, But in the nineties when I was a blackout, you were fucked. You were blacked out. You had candles.
Speaker 1: You had to break out the candles and the books.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Now or actually talk to people, yeah, actually try and you know, enjoy each other's company. But he tries to. I didn't mind there trying to static electricity, rubbing his head on Luna and touching it, and then the TV turns off and on I've got him on. Note, so old TVs used to actually shock you. Did you ever touch a TV as well? Yeah? And I'm like I turn that TV on the other day and it shocked me, and I was like I trusted you. Yeah. But Lisa and Maggie and now doing a fashion show in their bedroom and bars like, I actually just want to play with you guys. So he goes to get dressed up by Twizzler, the vesters by Nelson, and the pants by Hallo Kitty, which he thought was Spidery Man heads on his pants who takes them off, and Lisa says, you're just envious about sisterhood that you won't ever have you went because you don't have a brother, And I went, where did they come from? It's as where on earth did this come from? This hatred just annoying. Yeah, it's the thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if it's the way it's written or the way that Yardley Smith is delivering it, but yeah, I mean she's coming across a spiteful Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean they used to be.
Speaker 1: Oh, there used to be a time well, but it seemed there was a time when if Lisa was kind of doing that.
Speaker 4: I mean she would poke fun at bar antagonize each other's brothers and sisters do sit there, but at the end of the day they still liked each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think it would have been interesting or sort of more. It would have made a more emotional sense, if you know, Lisa realizes at some stage, Oh, I sent Bart down a bit of an emotional rabbit hole here by pointing out that he doesn't have a brother. I didn't think I heard him this badly, or I didn't think would affect him to this degree.
Speaker 4: But no, but no, but it says I don't care about this and not bothered by the fact they don't have a brother at all. Then Lisa and Maggie reading the pop up book together and Bart's watching on really really sad, and he has the dream, this dream about the brothers. This was waste. Like two minutes of the episode. He comes across the Blues Brothers. I don't mind that puts the Blues Brothers, Mario Brothers.
Speaker 1: Brothers, Blues Brothers, Mario brothers. I don't have the Smyth brothers and their colts.
Speaker 4: That was real. But Bob and Cecil, they're such a Bob and Cecil are the right brothers. End it there, But no, we're going to cram in some guest stars. And he sees the Maning Brothers who just go on and on, and then the Smothers brothers just go on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said, if you want to pay a tribute to send me commity heroes, Bo means do so, but he can't subject us to it.
Speaker 4: Oh man, this went over too long and it wasn't funny. It was just I was like, what is this? But Bat wakes up wanting a brother, and then Lisa walks Bay says, you can have mine because he's kind of an idiot, and I was like, hey, stopping, So there's no reason for this.
Speaker 2: You know bad.
Speaker 5: I want a baby brother, h and I love you kids, but I'm only going to the hospital one more time in my life and I ain't coming out.
Speaker 2: Lisa got a sister, Why can't you have another boy?
Speaker 5: Girls are easy, Girls love daddy. Girls make birthday cards with glitter on them. Girls can marry a hockey player and get me seats to hockey games. Girls don't steal my knife. And I don't have to tell girls how their bodies work because I don't know.
Speaker 2: He never told me how my body works.
Speaker 5: Point and shoot.
Speaker 4: Then it cuts to the boys at the bus stop, which is just like South Park, And I've already touched on this and there's just nothing to it. No, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: It's a pointless visual reference that there has no bearing on the story.
Speaker 4: No, you could literally take this out of the episode and it would affect nothing. It's so bizarre. Homer then gets home smelling terragon crusted Atlantic salmon, which but has cooked, but my margins looking looking all sexy. Inery barter Ha's cook them a five course meal of romantic dinner, and Homer says, you had me at five course, lost me it romantic and got me back with the dinner, which I thought was quite but that was a funny gag. Then he obvious the passion fruits to flay for dessert, and they're gonna make the decision, as we're touching on earlier, eat dessert or make love, like, yeah, we can eat desert. First cuts to them just in bed. No, we couldn't do both, and Butter's annoyed by this. Then Millhouse shows but they put in the DVD that Millhouse's parents used to make him, so it kind of works. It's the Karma Suture DVD, and homer Image tried to use it, but unfortunately it doesn't go to plan, does it.
Speaker 1: Well, No, they I'm not sure if they are. They tried congress with the crow, although personally I'm a yawning monkey kind of guy. Yeah, and just end up sprained and strained.
Speaker 4: Yeah, broken at breakfast. Yeah, Indeed. The thing is, though I'm watching his going, I know that the timeline is very all over the place, but DVD, he's really a thing when Milhouse was being conceived. Good point, if we're going, I know we're going back in this, I know if the timeline is now yeah, what does.
Speaker 1: Our pal always say?
Speaker 4: And this was written by.
Speaker 1: The patrons, saying with the timeline, but.
Speaker 4: Goes to the bullies and he wants them to work. Is it work out a way to give him a brother something?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why would they know? I can't remember anyway, but they mentioned the pill. It's a pill. It's what doctors give mums to keep babies in heaven, which is a funny also very depressing line.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: And then he's who's the person that you would go to who has a lot of kids? Is that Pooh?
Speaker 1: Is he in the show at the stage.
Speaker 4: Or does he ask them how to make a kid? I don't know who cares anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, you need one of those moments where it's kind of like, well, who knows about you know, who knows everything about sex?
Speaker 4: And reproductions? The older goods greater? Yeah, that's what does work. Yeah, But then they explained the pill. You gotta get rid of the pill. So but then swaps them for tactics, not tic TACs, tactics. I thought it was just tiktas, but his tactics apparently he throws me out the window and Nelson picks them up because he throws out because he gets shocked when Marge catches him, and she says three we think three kids are perfect and he says that, don't worry, I'll take care of it if you have ever boy, and she explains, well, if I have one, though it might be another book, another girl might have another sister. And we have him in visualizing visualizing sorry, the Sex and the City kind of with he's carrying all their shop shopping their three Lisa, Maggie, and the new sister apparently all bitches, very Sex and the City style, yes, and he's looking all their shopping.
Speaker 1: Around Sex in the City van clearly.
Speaker 4: I loved that at the time, and then I sort of watched a bit of it recently and I was like, ah, yeah, this show is just very much. I don't know, it's very I think.
Speaker 1: The best comment I've heard about Sex in the City was all these women are actually gay men.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can buy that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I don't think I don't think. I mean it's created well, it's based on them, look right, yeah, based on the woman a book written by woman Tennis Bushnel. But I mean I think it's actually created by by a gay man. I think a lot of the writing stuff are actually gay dudes.
Speaker 4: It makes sense. Yeah, but Back goes to the orphanage now because he realizes that maybe he doesn't want to have the chance of another sister.
Speaker 2: One boy to go, please easy on the freckles, a.
Speaker 4: Ten year old kid adopted child.
Speaker 2: Oh you think he's for me? You know? The orphan is for my folks. They can't have more kids. It is so sad, A real life jobs bit off. My dad's wiener. Come on, it'd be an awesome big brother. I've got video games, a treehouse, a garage up to the rafters with illegal fireworks.
Speaker 5: Oh sweet Mersham, take me away.
Speaker 4: Uh oh, I'm sorry, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Give my brother everything I have. He could be a race car and Monopoly Monopoly the race car.
Speaker 4: And they throw him out. But a boy overhears who we learned to be Charlie. He wakes up Bart with yeah face or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's either shaving cream or ready whip.
Speaker 4: I guess he escaped as Bart was leaving because the house a would you know where they lived? Correct? So incorrect. He explains to Bart that he's shimmy.
Speaker 1: See here's there's another missed opportunity. I mean, yeah, cut out that bullshit South Bar gag and have Bart walking home and you can see like he's being shadowed.
Speaker 4: Yeah by Charlie.
Speaker 1: That explained first all man could be a fun little visual bit, and secondly explains why he knows where Bart lives.
Speaker 4: But no, we've got to have a promo about South Park, so people think that a little bit the promos. But Charlie says, he shitting down a drain pipe just like Bar would. They have a lot in common. It's your favorite beatle dung like that. He says, nobody adopted him. Any want babies, I've got one of those and they're overrated. And this is where he cuts to Maggie and she's been nice to him. He's like, shot it somewhere else this stuff. Then he introduces Charlie to Homer.
Speaker 1: I'm doing a lot of heavy lifting on behalf of the episode. That bit where he's sort of dissing Maggie a little bit. If I'm being generous, that could be but trying to impress his new younger brother by being sort of like, yeah, I'm cool and I don't care and all this kind of stuff. It's and it's boys against girls and you know, us against the world.
Speaker 4: And how young is Charlie. I have no idea because Pat's ten. He doesn't seem that much younger, right, probably eight maybe anyway, So they interested Charlie to Homer and home no glasses, way to go not a Millhouse. That was actually that was kind.
Speaker 1: Of funny and yeah, it would tie into the one out.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and then he shows him off at school. Millhouse is confused, what do you mean? He says he was born with two noses? So we h him away UNTI week and fort Hey get and cut off and then Nelson starts crying all emotional because he's having the tactics and he's now an emotional woman apparently, yes, and he says you deserve good things, and then he eats another pill. Then Charlie and Bart are hanging out. They're poking dead animals. They're doorbelling Skinner to the quicking mart. And then Lisa arrives and Peo says, what's it like showing a bathroom with two brothers?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: She says, what do you mean two brothers? And she says you have to take him back, which he doesn't atually explain where he's going from. So how the fuck does she know he's an all correct? Yeah, all this is just like it's a bunch of stuff that does a bunch of stuff happening. Yeah, barthy, you're just jealous because we're dudes with toods.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that that feels like a very nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: Something line gives them a not very very blast.
Speaker 1: No, it's not even a nineteen it's what you get on a Bart Simpson knockoff t shirt. Yeah, nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: Where dudes with tuds, dude with tude.
Speaker 1: And yeah, sort of looking out for a sunglasses. It's like here he goes, son, I know you're like Bart Simpson.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's from the Sunday Market.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, you got me? Oh yeah, and this it becomes your wipe up brag.
Speaker 4: Then he gives who gives them a not very very blast to calm down. Then they go buy tickets. What's the candy? Is it not on?
Speaker 1: Not in candy which is not gotten?
Speaker 4: Yes, can. Then they go to buy tickets for seven five, which is a parody of Sore five. By buy tickets for Divesty Kittens, which was an actual thing that people did. Like For the South Park movie, they say the box office wasn't as big because people would go and buy tickets for Stuart Little instead of going to watch and then go and watch South Park.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a reason that the Denzel Washington Bruce Willis war movie The Siege was so popular. It had the trailer for Phantom Menace before it, true, and.
Speaker 4: That was a thing. Yeah, you couldn't just put them on YouTube. Great. Did you ever go to a movie just to watch a trailer?
Speaker 1: Uh No, but there would be times that I would rend the a because I knew it.
Speaker 4: Had cool trailers on. Really. Yeah, we discussed recently. That's cool. I've got over there. It's like, sometimes it's fun just watching the trailers. Absolutely. They then watched the film and but it explains you think it's based on the on the previous said.
Speaker 1: Before, but it's actually no, it's a tribute to the rich history of Hong Kong torture films. I've never appreciated bart More.
Speaker 4: Charlie is terrified of this, but of course because it's sore and they're scary and gruesome. Oh yeah, yeah, But realizes, oh wait a minute, being an older brothers a lot more responsible than I thought. And then he thinks hears the Boogeyman on the way home. The Wigham comes out screaming boog boo boo boo boy, because why don't explain why he says that he just does that? Why is he saying boogy boo boo boy?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man. We come back from commercial now. He tells Bart to step away from the orphan, give him no more love, and Charlie asks to be taken back home because he made him watch his scary movie. But in actual fact, he was just taking pepper straight out of his pocket and he sprays it into Wigham's eyes. So why was Wigham taking the aw back away from? But does he know the orphan? You know he's an orphan.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's what's going on here? What's happening?
Speaker 4: What is it? Oh my goodness to Nelson. Sorry Nelson, I'm sorry. I didn't see you know. What do you mean you didn't see me?
Speaker 1: Nobody sees me as imagine because.
Speaker 4: He's a woman. This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpson's reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifold, the one about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at Patreon dot com slash four finger discount, and then we can keep chasing them away, and Nelson screams that go ahead leave, it's what you're good at. Then they dig a tunnel in the snow and they're going to hide the same way Eskimos hide from penguins. Was what I don't know they're hiding. We're almost there. They think that they're alone, but unfortunately Lisa is there as well, because why yeah.
Speaker 1: They haven't tig it in and why is that place now closed off? What's going on?
Speaker 4: No, No, it's not closed off yet because the plow King hasn't arrived here because you know, remember the plower King. That was a nostalgia reference. Hey, the plot kings arrived and he plows because you've.
Speaker 1: Totally forgotten about the plower King until liz Berry moment.
Speaker 4: So she says, you've got a decision to make. Is it going to be me or is it going to be him? Because you're got to make it otherwise are going to be locked in here forever with the snow, That's what she says. Excuse me, she says that, because she says, you need to turn him in yourself. Ren't get out of here. We're going to be locked in here because the plower King's arriving, and then he does it, and because she tries, they try to draw emotion here by saying you want to have a brother, but you'll always be my big brother. It's like you've been reading it and yelling at him and call him ship for the whole episode. You quite the said, why would he want to be your big brother?
Speaker 1: You just haven't earned it yet, baby, Why would he want.
Speaker 4: To be your big brother? What did they fucking forget? Everything that had her say up until his point is so stupid? Anyway, But the plower King arrived and he comes the hole with snow, and she says that it's too long to make the obvious decision. So then they go, it's okay, we've learnt one thing. Let's point and shoot one thing that girls can never do, and they escape because they piss on the snow and they walk out because it melts it and great, yeah, that's the end of that one. So we're back at the orphanage now and they go to we got a visit Charlie and Charlie, you know, adopted, go to visit him and unfortunately it's just been adopted by a family with six girls, and he yells the bart to save him and he gets driven away and that's the end of Charlie. Don't worry. We'll go spend some quality father sometime. And they go to watch seven five together. I must have been I didn't mind home a sort of running commentary of Severn five or whatever it was. That's so fake, Oh that's so real, And I would.
Speaker 1: Say that's the end of the episode. But we do get more comedy. Stylings of Smothers brothers are over the closing credits, and then Homer chimes in, does.
Speaker 4: He what did he say? I turned it off? I tapped down.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but it was it's actually not unfunny.
Speaker 4: This wasn't like I mean, it wasn't a terrible episode. So I'm watching this going, oh, this could be so much better, and that's what's annoying about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I understand where you're coming from. I'm gonna disagree and say this was a terrible episode.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: There were often episodes where it's kind of like I didn't like it to begin with, but the more we discuss, it's like, hey, there's some good bits in this, this, this, this, and this was the inverse of that where it's kind of like I won't say that I came and going, uh, yeah, this is the worst. But the more I'm sort of examining it, the more I'm going a lot wrong with this.
Speaker 4: Good Yeah, no good, I'm disappointed, disappointed Salmon, Yeah, Matt, I trusted you. What do we learn, Bomber? What did you learn for the episode?
Speaker 1: M that there are worst fates than being a one armed drummer in a prison rock band, which is what Charlie wanted to do. Is it's what Charlie viewed as is like five year plan or when the fuck did he say that? It's the line before dung Beetle, like where do you see if it's where do you see your seven twenty years on one? I'm drummer a prison rock band.
Speaker 4: Okay, I learned what's in grape snakes and I'm not a fan. From this forward, your name will be It is time for the Guy Davis New Name Championship for o Brother where Bart found. The current leaderboard stands at in third position, we have Adam Wollhouse on seven points, in second position clever Kyle Kyle Muldoon on a points, and in first position it is Philip Jay Hawkins on twelve points. Take it away.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that positions could change at any moment, just a good position change. Well, just like yawning monkey to pirtongs one point goes too Sorry to brother.
Speaker 4: You very clever that one. Cliff Carl moves him up now to nine points.
Speaker 1: That's me doing Formula one. By the way, Yeah, let's see that's h Lewis Hamilton. Is HEASTI race or is he just sort of hanging around?
Speaker 4: Look gorgeous. I don't know you could throw names at me. I wouldn't know any cart races.
Speaker 1: What about Max versh Stappin, No, you don't know who even know who Max versh Stappin is.
Speaker 4: No, there's one Australian guy who was on that F one show. He said his name. I know who it is, young guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you're talking about enough. I can't for live minute, no one likes.
Speaker 4: Me anymore or something. I don't know. I just never pstree as that's not the one I'm thinking of. No, definitely if you said the name him up with Oscar Pistorias, who was like a great athlete who had no legs. Oh, but then he shot his girlfriend. Unfortunate. Continue.
Speaker 1: Can we talk more about sport? This is a new pivot for me for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Some right wing sport podcasts they should all the athletes. Two points. It goes to Brotherhood of None. That's Brigsy Nathan Briggs pointer. I'm brig is now on five points? Why don't sir? All right? Real climbing up? What's a climbing sand? But what's a climbing sand?
Speaker 1: Do that again? It's like that's creepy, that's a gremlin.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, let me get it. Yeah three points four.
Speaker 1: From here to fraternity.
Speaker 4: Ooh, someone who's also on the leander board as well. First three pointer? I believe it's Mike Salter.
Speaker 1: What on my oh, Salt Bay?
Speaker 4: Well done. We've now got a three ways in fourth position, all on five points, Nathan Briggs, Mike Salter, and Justin Williams In third position. Still is Adam wore House on seven cleftor Kyle nine points now only three points behind Philip J. Hawkins on twelve points in first position.
Speaker 1: Very exciting, it gets kind of exciting.
Speaker 4: It's also very exciting some of the names you got coming up with fourth in your discount soon. I'm not afraid that double help. We've got one only Matt Salmon's gonna be coming on the show. We've got Mike Scully coming out of the show. I am afraid. So that's why. And there is another big name we're not going to say just yet, but it's gonna be a good surprise when he finally he's never been on the show before, but he's finally coming on. Plus, have you told me this name? Yes? Okay, yes, And there's another I shouldn't. I don't have to fake surprise. And there's another lady who's coming on who's never been on the show before as well, which is pretty damn exciting. Okay, lady, no date set yet, but she's coming on. Take that as you will, listeners.
Speaker 1: Wow, then it was being coy I'm not going to reveal any names because he's got that look in his eyes like you've been telling I'm approving of these names. These are some big urs names. And you know, I'm not someone who's easily starstruck. I mean, I'd spend a lot of time with Brendan Nando, so you know, I'm kind of a new door that we.
Speaker 4: Told Bill Oakland. He's like, oh, they heavy hitters, and he I thought I was. He looked really ashamed of himself after that.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 4: If you haven't checked that out of chat with Bill, make sure you do. So that was really fun as well. It was good.
Speaker 1: It was very good chat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ive only had Oakley and Weinstein on the show, finally together at last. Yeah. I looked, next time we except not together. Next time we will get them together. Do Buttman's Australia.
Speaker 1: I reckon that's not a bad idea. If anyone can make it happen, so can you.
Speaker 4: Indeed, yes, So thank you again for all of your support at four finger Discount. Don't forget you can't continue to support us at Patreon for a little as just one dollar per month If you enjoy everything we do here at the four Finger Discount Network. Continue to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts or Spotify wherever you are listening to this show. Five stars and a few kind words. And if you want to get in touch with us, it is mail bag at four finger discount dot com that are you to get you're name right out or your question right out on the next Mailbak episode. But for this has been our review of O Brother Webb. But now we'll returning next week with a classic review with a very exciting guest. But for Noma said, any find words for most incredible listeners out there?
Speaker 1: Incredible listeners out there. You have a decision to make. Do you eat dessert or do you make love?
Speaker 4: Choose wisely always desert mostly doest