Speaker 1: It is that time again, two time without Torner West I mean a Turner. We count it all joy for us to be together with you on this day. Although so much is happening in our nation and in the world, we want to keep you focused on truth time, understanding the situation as it is, and the situation as it can be, fighting with love, with hope, and with joy. And speaking of fighting, doctor Wes, here we go. You know, Trump left the G seven some early, you know, kind of saying some things are in store. We're hearing rumblings that he may decide to send the troops into war in the Middle East. Now, those of us who understand the Constitution understand that the President of the United States of America does not have the authority to send our troops into war without the consent of the Congress. And there are several Congress members making that known loudly and clearly in both chambers, both the Senate and the House, and I hope to God they continue to press on. It just really boggles my mind, Doc, how people can just cavalierly send other folks, loved ones to war without even giving it a second thought. And it's not even our war. Calling on Black Jesus with the sandals on. That's the one I'm calling on. What is on your heart, your soul, and your mind on this day?
Speaker 2: Well, I begin with joy, I begin with counting my blessings, a sense of gratitude that helps me with my attitude. So I confine to an altitude of swinging for love, justice and peace. But peace with justice. We don't want to know peace with just un injustice and disorder. But I do want to salute La Progressive. You may have seen that wonderful peace saluting brother Tabs, and it showed my sister staring gile Yes. Powerful Peace is a beautiful piece. It is a truthful piece, and there's a wonderful line in that piece what she says that brother Tavis, somehow, vision and courage has managed to create a context in which Black truth is centered and respected and engaged. And that's very important because at a moment in which THEI is being trashed, at a moment which they're trying to erase eliminate Black history, they're trying to degrade Black people, and of course his tenth anniversary where they're killing and murdering precious black people. In the manual, Ami church there South Carolina, that brother Tabs is still at it, and of course Tavish does it collectively, all the wonderful voices and all the wonderful staff there k e La fifteen eighty right there at the Murty Park on the Chocolate side of Chocolate Center, say of loss at and and of course both of us are so blessed to be able to work with him. And of course I'm deeply blessed to work with you. He lend you that. I'm telling the world that I was just talking to my beloved wife Ana heat the Saint Lord have mercy to be able to spend these days with my dear sister Nina is a It's a beautiful thing and it just boys us up. We're willing to speak the truth about the genocide God, speak the truth about master incarceration at home, speak the truth about what's going on in the rock under the Moolers and the Woman Life Freedom movement, but also recognizing that the war that has been initiated by Israel is a violation of their sovereignty, but it goes hand in hand with the violation the sovereignties of Syria of Lebanon that we've seen over and over again in terms of the Israeli incursions violations international law. But it seems as if when it comes to the United States, when it comes to Israel, international law, don't not that human rights doesn't mean anything at all. Kill as many Palestinians as you want in terms of innocence civilians. Come up with your rationalization and keep doing and it's just wrong, and it would be wrong, of course if we were done against Jews. Is wrong when it's Palestinians, is wrong when it's done against in the body sou these congoleates, whatever whoever it is. And that's what it means, I think to engage Black truth. And we just think rather tablets for having the courage and vision of facilitating these kinds of conversations so freely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amen to all of that. Doctor. You know in the Black church. When the preacher has preached the church says a man, a man the four year anniversary? Who is happening is this this week? Hello? And I know you're gonna be there, Jesse Jackson Junior, have been jealous. I mean, so many people are going to be there this week to celebrate and uplift the four year anniversary or KBLA talk fifteen eighty can I believe four years old already and thanks to the vision of brother Tavis Smiley and all who work with him and for him. It takes teamwork to make anybody's dream work, and Tavis Smiley has a team. And the uplift of black people as you laid out, Doc, and the uplift of humanity in general. It is truly a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: It really is. It really is the main ful we the Tavis and the others have such a profound love for Black people that spills over to love for everybody and manifest in allowing all is to be lifted, allowing yeah, roast the.
Speaker 3: Board on it, but it's zero humanity, the activity and the dignity of black that's a the badly needed thing at a moment where the attacks and assaults on black people.
Speaker 2: And brown immigrants and Palestine rounds and others are intensifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we needed it. Starts with I mean, I firmly believe that the liberation of all marginalized and working class people from all background starts with the absolute liberation of Black people right here in America. And there, I say, the diasporas you have been naming out some of the suffering that's going on in diaspora. Doc, you and I talked countless times about what the Scramble for Africa did generationally, the ripple effects of white supremacy across the world, and how when black folks are liberated, everybody else is liberating. That liberation is coming. They're listening to Truth Time with doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner. When we come forward, we will continue this conversation right now we are together. So that is storming in Cleveland, Ohio right now on our viewers, our listeners to know that just in case that we abruptly get disconnected for some reason, and me is thundering, lightning touring down Rain. I just feel like Mother Nature is saying, yeah, some some ain't right, you know, with all the thunder and the lightning. But here we are. So that Donald J. Trump, President Trump exits the G seven summit a day early. You have a French president Emmanuel Macrome claiming that the US that that President Trump is considering the prospect of a ceasefire between Israel and Iran, that indeed would be a beautiful thing. Let us not forget. President Trump ran on being anti war. LA's number one. Number two. He does not again have the constitutional right to send our troops into war without the consent of the United States Congress. So Macrone is describing the interchange as something that's positive. I hope, I hope, I hope that that is absolutely true.
Speaker 2: War.
Speaker 1: We can't war our way to peace. Doc. This is imminent. This is something that everybody is going to have to be concerned about, whether it's directly or indirectly impacting you. War will have an impact on the United States America. Even if we you know, even if the Congress does not authorize sending troops in it's still going to impact the United States of America and other countries as well. It's ever going to be just this isolated thing, whereas only the two parties Iran and Israel, and so people got a ready in their minds that we remember Iraq, Afghanistan. You know, all of these things are very fresh because they're very young. They almost just happened when you think about the continuum of history, and I just don't know, I mean, just having so many leaders that are very cavalier about it. We had mentioned even yesterday that these who called Republicans who believe in America first, where they at, where they at. I want to hear from them, American First Republicans especially, and overall I want to hear from a United States Congress that refuses to adjucate this responsibility to any president, this one or any other president when it comes to war powers.
Speaker 2: That's very, very real. Now It's true. You know, you got Chucker Carlson and Steve Bannon and even Marjorie Green starting to raise certain critical voices. Yeah, America first to an isolation, is positioned over against the war. But I think we do have to recognize that because America and Israel are so inextricably interwoven that Israel could not do what it does without a green light from Trump. There's no way they could run without a green light from Trump. And we even know about the three hundred hell fire miss early last week that are being used. So they're using American military equipment in the various attacks in the same way that Israel could not engage in the genocide and ethnic cleansing in Gaza with without an American green light. And all Trump has to do is just say stop. He either gets humiliated by Nathan Yahoo or they stop. And the chances are they stopped because the Israeli army, as powerful as it is, cannot survive over a long period of time without US support, US fishment of supplies. So in that sense, the United States is already a part of the war that just no doubt about it. And you think about the I mean a nuclear weapon issue, that does ron have a nuclear weapon? No, Gabert just gave her intelligence report just a couple of months ago. Say no, they don't. How close to well, we don't really really know. That's true. We really don't know. There's only nine nations in the world that have nuclear weapons, right, You got Russia has about fifty five hundred, United States got two hundred hundred. Then you got and she got England, you got got India, you got North Korea. Now Israel has more than North Korea. Actually, but they never said. So if you asked any US president, you asked any is Israeli president, do you have nuclear weapons? They refuse to answer the question. But everybody knows.
Speaker 1: But I was refusing. The answer is The answer is.
Speaker 2: South Africa had it, but Mandela dismantled it. And it's interesting because South Africa had it in part because of the collaborate with Israel. The Israel was willing to collaborate on a nuclear weapon with apartheid South Africa that would drop the bomb on Africans. When it comes to Iran and their weapon that wants to drop the bomb on them, they say, no, we understand that we don't want anybody drop the bombs on Israelis, or Africans, or Germans or any or indigenous peoples of anybody else. I'm actually with Albert Einstein. I'm for nuclear dismantlement across the board. But you got twelve thousand of them out there in the world, So what you're gonna do. But all of this rationalization for this kind of ugly invasion and military imposition on innocent peoples, be the in Gaza, or be there in on the West Bank, or be there in Iran anywhere else. I mean, it has to be radically called into question. It just seems to.
Speaker 1: Me, Yeah, definitely. And what you're outlining really is the difference between tomato tomato in terms of how we latest thing out. The United States is already in it. There just has not been a declaration of war coming from the United States of America, so they playing in our face. Jeremy Corbin over there in the UK has weighed in on this. He said, I asked the Foreign Secretary a straightforward question. Are British weapons being used by Israel to bomb? I ran ask them a straightforward question, Jeremy, the Honorable Jeremy Corbyn goes on. He refused the answer. So that's the answer.
Speaker 2: You refuse the answer, So we know what the answer is.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, and thank God for strong leaders like Jeremy Corbyn, just.
Speaker 2: Trying to get the truth, like all of us. And the truth is bigger than all of us. See. The problems is that everybody's so many people want to rationalize, they little partisan position, rationalize their policy. The truth is deeper and bigger than that. And we want to know the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do, we do.
Speaker 2: We got to know what the truth is. Who is zooming? Who of breath has said.
Speaker 1: That's sick, that's who's zooming? Who amen? Amen to that? We got Senator Bernard Sanders in the House. The Constitution of the United States is very clear. There is no ambiguity. It is Congress that determines whether we go to war, not the President. Trump must not take illegal military actions action against Iran. Amen, Amen and amen that those are I mean, those are the facts, doctors is irrefutable. That's exactly what it is. You can't you can't do it. May try to do it, but legally he is not allowed to do so.
Speaker 2: No, we salute brother Bernie. And I know if Tim Kaine has been trying to push a similar bill, but I mean Trump, Trump administrator, they don't give a day about no go to shuit. No, No, They're obsessed with the levelth commandment, I shall not get caught. We gonna do everything, and before we get caught, and it's only when the courts come through and try to enforce it. And we're reaching a point where courts are going to disagree with Trump, and Trump fundamentally, explicitly, unequivocally says I will not do it, and he's already done it implicitly with the planes going to El Salvador taking the precious immigrants and so forth. But I'm talking about major clash. And then they say, well, we finally got a constitutional crisis where we've been in that crisis for a while, but it becomes undeniable when you get a major clash and We're gonna get that on the war too, because America's already in the war the genocide against gods as well as the ward he wrong, and it's a it's a very very perilous times. So I'm telling you, he's a very la still got the police, still got the curse for you going on.
Speaker 1: And the National Guard. They're questioning whether the National Guard are going to be there more permanently than expected. For some, that's just insanity right there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely So we just got to keep telling the truth, keep fighting. That's the bottom line. But it's getting dimmer every day, grimmar every day, bleaker every day. But we're not gonna allow Anybody's still our joy, it's still our love, still our courage, and it's still integrity and truth teller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that all of that, all of that some bright life. We got a Republican representative, Thomas Massey. I just introduced an Iran War Powers Resolution with a rep rocana to prohibit us involvement in the Israeli Iran war. This is not our war, even if it were, Congress must decide such matters according to our constitution. So when you talk about some real by because you know they fancy that word by partisanship around just to kind of it's like sprinkling fairy dust, so to try to get you think, oh, they're working together bipartisanly, so that makes it all right. There have been a lot of bad bipartisan things that the Congress has done that was bad. This one right here. Representive Thomas Massy, I never thought I would say it, but you go, you go, you and Representative Rocanna, who's a dear friend of both myself and doctor Cornell West. So we're gonna put that out there right now. So happy that Congressman Rocanna is stepping out. He's been stepping out against these forever wars, and it is really really good to see him and Representative Thomas Massey introduce a resolution to prohibit the United States involvement. And I'm glad they called it what it is, the Israel Iran war. This is not our war. Now. They can say those things and technically they're right, but and I hate to put the butt all the things that you just laid out Dot that's happening in a very covert way makes it our war. But we understand what he's saying. He's right, this ain't our war, but covertly the United States is complicit because, as you laid out, Doc, Prime Minister, that and Yahoo wouldn't have had the guts to do this unless he firmly believed that the United States who was going to back his mischief.
Speaker 2: I do believe that. I mean, I'm glad to see Congress having some life. I mean they've been literally, symbolically politically dead for so long, completely deferential to the authoritarian and often dictatorial moves of Trump and company. But it might be too little, too late, because they would have already it aired. They say Congress must approve the involvement.
Speaker 1: They already involved involved. Yeah, yeah, that's that that little you know that we're taking the truth. You know how when you go to court, you got to testify, you put up the hand, d swear to tell truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So hope you got you and I are and that nothing but the truth. So help us God. And we need our audience to understand that the US is involved, even if it's unofficially, we are absolutely involved. As Deanna bo Jeremy Corbyn asked about about Great Britain, he didn't get an answer. They're involved. Too, So you got these Western nations back in this play.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's exactly right. I think what we have to come to terms with is our very concrete experience of feeling. Is if we are powerless and impotent. Yeah, can't stop genocide, can't war, can't stop mass incarceration, can't start grotesque wealth, inequality, can't stop corporate greed. We can talk about it, organized fried, we could hit the street, we could go to jail, but we still we haven't stopped it. We haven't stopped it. It doesn't mean we give up, but we gotta be honest about ourselves. Yeah, we do, truthful about our own will to truth.
Speaker 1: Or do we want to be lied to? I mean, do we really like politician's whispering sweet, nothing's in our ears? Because sometimes you know, that's saying ignorance is bliss. It really is, because once your consciousness is pierced and pricked, you can't go back to being the.
Speaker 2: Same, not the true.
Speaker 1: Yeah true oo, Doc, I'm telling you this is something. We got all kinds of stuff going on just just in normal life, and then to have this happening, and even with the Palestini, you know or min I don't know if you saw, you know, governors and elected officials were signing warheads a few months back that were that were being used in Israel against you know, against our Palestinian sisters and brothers and family and friends. This is a warmongering nation and there are a few people who will benefit greatly. I want to know what kind of stocks have been traded by the inside trading and trading going on. They wouldn't block it even under Speaker Pelosi. So let let we're gonna be clear under Republican or democratically controlled Congress, to to beholden to big money, to greedy, lack of integrity, to stop Congress members from being able to trade stocks. So I want to I want to know right now. I want to see all the stock trading that is going on among the members of Congress right now.
Speaker 2: Boof is it that hadn't even thought about that? But of course that's something that's that's real, very real. Indeed, who is profiting, well, what defense contractors are, but then the stocks to and the politicians.
Speaker 1: That's it making money handover fists over other people's misery. The movie Don't Look Up comes to mind. If you have not seen that, you better go to Netflix and watch it. The great David Sirota of one of our colleagues and friends too, worked on the Sanders campaign, him and others. That movie is very telling for this moment. Right here, you're listening to the Truth Time with doctor Cornell West and Anina Turner. When we come forward, we will continue our discussion beautiful indeed doct before we turn to the tube. Just want to highlight some other folks writing on social media. We got Matt Dusk, who was a former foreign policy advisor, to say to Bernie Sanders. He writes, any Democrat who can't stand up and speak out now against the Trump netting Yahoo regime change war should not even consider running in twenty twenty eight. You're not who this country needs. That I got there, I got the triple A man that high five, the fist bumpet. He telling the truth on that one.
Speaker 2: He's laying And we'll see how many Democrats really stepped forward though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ones that's gonna run, he said now, So that means like today tomorrow, you know, not not five weeks from now. But were gonna keep it. We're gonna keep a list out. We checking it twice We're gonna find out who's courageous and who's not, who's naughty and who nice. But brother Matt, does you made that plane? And then I, you know, I, I you know the vice president is from Ohio. He is, and he is basically rationalizing this. He did admit that he has a bias towards the president. And I'm glad you know, admit that you're the vice president. We understand you got a bias. But right is right and wrong is wrong. And so I said this to the vice president on social media, said vice president were from the same state. I'm positive you know about brook Park, Ohio. The third Battalion, twenty fifth Regiment, fourth Marine Division, which lost twenty one marines in two thousand and five in Iraq almost twenty years ago. That community is still realing from that. So trying to put some human face on this from our own state. They lost twenty one marines and people are still hurt by the loss of the loved ones. The power to sin the US to war lies with Congress. Let American people decide. I've traveled our state and country just as you have. No matter where I go, one thing, I can almost always find common ground. About and that is about sending Americans to war. And you've been all over the country too. I don't know if anybody's ever walked up to you and say, hey, doctor West, please, if you become president of the United States of America, in your top three, please send people the war.
Speaker 2: No, that's real.
Speaker 1: It's not a thing.
Speaker 2: Very few politicians actually have children who are in the army.
Speaker 1: That is true. That is absolutely true. One more point I made. If you send troops, some will die, Their family members will get a knock at the door and have their world shattered in an instant. You serve, so I know you understand, do not let this happen. So trying to appeal to some sense of decency if there is any, So we'll see, Doc. I mean, people who are standing up, are really standing up and again shouting out our brother Ben Cohen for his up and arms. I mean that came out just in time Earth for what's popping off right now. I just I don't know. I mean, do you see any world where Trump pulls back dock at all?
Speaker 2: I think you pull back if he can get enough conflicting contestation within his MAGA group. Maga has never been monolithical, homogenious. He's always had disagreements, but they've been over overwhelmed by the cult like deference that they have for Trump. I think that's waning, going to wane more and more. It's going to get weaker and weaker and weaker. And I think Tucker Carlson and Steve Bannon and the others, Marjorie Green and others, as wrong as they are on so many other crucial, crucial, crucial issues, they've been Trump's supporters. They've been marched hand in hand with his neo fascism. We should be very honest about that. But they have an isolationist version of America first. And Trump himself he doesn't. He's not he doesn't have an ideology at all.
Speaker 1: He's not even really a Republican.
Speaker 2: He just manipulator every day, every week, every year. That's not an idiolog He just does whatever he wants to do based on his will and women and those whispering in his ear. But he is still deeply, deeply authoritarian, neil fascist and policy and effect. But we'll see. I think that there's going to be deep conflict in his camp, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hope you know, doctor West, I hate to admit it. Well, I don't hate to admit it. It seems to me, at least my analysis over you know, this past decade or so, that Republican Republican tend to be more willing, not all the time, to bump back against their party than Democrats have been willing to do, especially that Maga arm or the Freedom Caucus. You know, all of them, they will mount up, you know, even if it's only ten of them, and then their hold people hostage over some stuff. They'll hold some bills, those hostage over stuff. Meanwhile, on the other side, you got a Progressive caucause that's like one hundred strong air quotes. They barely say their word. I find that fascinating. I'm fascinated by that.
Speaker 2: Under strong in number, but an impact and courage. Not a whole lot going on. It's keep sweat moments, something something.
Speaker 1: It is a Keith sweat moment. One of my dear friends ain't even Lola. She love her some Keith Sweats. I'm just gonna shout her out. Here we go, we go into the tube, into the chat. Blessed peacemaker in the house. Good to be with truth, tellers and peacemakers on truth time. Amen to that, Doc. I think there's a scripture in the Christian Bible. Blessed all the peacemakers. They shall is it they shell in hair the earth?
Speaker 2: That's sermon on the mouth, that's Jesus himself.
Speaker 1: Come on now, blessed are the peacemakers. It might it might not feel like that in the moment though, But blessed are the peacemakers. Thanks here der, thank you, blessed, blessed peacemaker, and blessed Peacemaker's name is right on time in this moment, I'm just thinking about that. Oh, we got brother Morris Phillips in the house. Good afternoon, Senator Turner. Doctor West, got love for both of you, and we have love for you too, Brother Phillips, Good afternoon, blessed peacemaker. You do bring peace. So we got the dialogue going on between our crew up up up there. Love them so much when they do that, Jesse paris aka chi chi nakume. Peace and much love, Doctor West and Senator Nina Turner from Denver, Colorado, Peace and love and blessing us. Back to you, brother Phillips, back in I am a graduate of the University of the University of kb LA, and Doc the West is.
Speaker 2: The dean, go ahead, Astana is the provost.
Speaker 1: And Brother Tavis is the president.
Speaker 2: And chancellor.
Speaker 1: And just love that brother. Boys, you are too much for me. I examine life, war for peace. I swear we are in the year nineteen eighty four. I know that's right. How these cats think think it's some being war war for peace? Oh Lord, you know that great book orwell Road nineteen eighty four will yeah.
Speaker 2: Truth about the role of lies.
Speaker 1: There it is. Listen, audience, family, if you've never read nineteen eighty four, it is a strong recommendation, read that book. It's timeless. Doctor, that book is timeless.
Speaker 2: It's a classic that is so true.
Speaker 1: It really is. We got blessed peacemaker. Trump tweeted that mccron was mistake. Oh Diddy, catch me up on the tweets. So remember McCrone was saying that the president was going back because there was gonna be ceasefire talks. Blessed Peacemaker saying that President Trumpton just he tweeted that Macron was mistaken. Djt's the latest tweets are absolutely insane warmongering prayers going up for peace and new global leaders with good hearts who love all people. Amen, A man, a man, a man to that blessed peacemaker. You're listening to Truth Time all the time with doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner. When we come forward, we'll finish talking and interacting with our audience in the live chat on the tube. Yes you are and yes true question or will rise again? We need some of that rising, Doc, I'm back at the tube. You know, we got some really good questions, so brother Phillips said, both parties bowed down to the military industrial complex. We absolutely know that to be true in life. Please keep telling the truth, Doctor Wessinson and the Turner Love Peace and truth Culture asks a very important question, how are some rules and laws followed to the letter while others fall under benign neglect policies?
Speaker 2: No, that's real, and of course the reality is and undercapitalism, ruling classes and property owners and bosses one set of rules, and workers and everyday people have another set of rules. On the white white brothers and sisters have a set of rules, and black brothers and sisters, Indigenous peoples and browns and Asians have another set of rules, same as true underpatriarchy. Yeah, set of rules. Women are juderent set of rules. That's what it is to live in the system of domination.
Speaker 1: That said, a system of domination. Lord, have mercy. True time. We're talking about peace, war and peace today A lemon exhaustion, Good afternoon, till you both can't stay, but I will catch you catch up with it tomorrow. Well, thank you women exhaustion for at least dipping in. I love I love our people in the chat, Doc, but they are such a family here. Blessed Peacemaker has a question, Doc, Doctor west Howe is doctor Naheata's family back in Iran? Is everyone okay? Praying for protection and comfort for you all? Oh, thank you, Blessed Peacemaker.
Speaker 2: Definitely, And we wrestle with it minute by minute. You know, Anna heat is right on the edge of her seat. I'm right on the edge of my seat in terms of our love in Tarann and Tyranne and other parts of Iran. Yeah, appreciate that that that question so far holding all on, but with all of them coming in, you don't know whether to stay in the city go out of the city. It's something that has her and my self and her blessed mother who does not live in Tehran but has also loved ones there on praying on the edge of our seat. So we deeply appreciate that kind of care and concern.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And you know, but by the grace of God, there go I that's saying that could be any of us. The roads could be reversed, and it could be bombs dropping on the United States of America, and that's wondering how our various loved ones are doing across the country. I mean, this is just really wicked. Doctors just no excuse for just doing this. You know, Oh my god, my heart just aches because I know other people have family too, you know. Doctor Nahita is certainly one my sister, and I have other sisters and brothers who have people in Iran, and it's just painful. A brother, Philip Moore says, ignorance is pervasive, but willful ignorance is nefarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, willful, that's fresh word that's deep in saying.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, we definitely have an obligation to know to seek the truth, and we definitely have more at our disposal in today's society than any other generation in terms of trying to seek the truth. Also though, we got a lot of stuff out there that pretends to be the truth and it's not. So we got to be careful, very careful where and how we get our information, because just because something looks official doesn't make it official, And just because people are putting it out there, especially on social media, does not make it true or even real. You know, Grandma, you say, but truth in the river five days after lie, truth gonna catch up. This is that moment for so many things happening in this country and in this world. Name to Truth Time with doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner when we come forward our remaining moments. So I want to take our remaining moments to talk a little bit about our Mother EMMANUELAM Church and Charleston, South Carolina. So ten years ago today and white supremacists walked into Mother EMMANUELAMI Church in Charleston, South Carolina and murdered nine people. We will always remember them. Maira Thompson, Susie Jackson, Reverend Daniel Simmons, Reverend and Senator CLEMENTA. C. Pinckney, Tijuana Sanders, Reverend Sharonda Coleman, Singleton, f O. Lee Lance, Reverend D. Payne Middleton doctor and Cynthia Graham her doctor West.
Speaker 2: Say their names. They they names, Yeah, cowardly, hariss hateful, white supremacist goes in in the Bible study, sits there and listens as they wrestle with the Holy Scripture, and then turns guns against them, solely Black, solely because a hatred for black people. My God, my God. Then a few days later, a number of them say they forgive it.
Speaker 3: You say, ooh, oh, wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Forgiveness is not just an event, It's a process. I'm a Christian. I believe in forgiveness, but people have to ask for forgiveness and you got to work it through so that it is not premature. But people can do what they won't. But the amazing thing is that there's that kind of openness on behalf of so many Black people for coming the terms with being hated in the form of out and keep some kind of love possible. And whether we agree or disagree with that kind of premature forgiveness, it does say something about the human spirit among black people that we still in the end most of us just don't want to back just to extend the cycle of hate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm i wrestle with that, I must say, well, yeah, I mean I think it is true for us more than any other group. Not exclusively, but in some ways. I got to ask myself the question, are we programming to forgive more quickly as if we're not worthy or entitled of being angry, being mad, being sad and making a demand. I love your quote. Forgiveness is not just an event, It is a process. Black people need to process that that it is a process, that it is okay for us to take our time. I believe that we have internalized a certain type of pressure that says we're not worthy, and therefore we got to jump up and forgive folks just to do it. I really do. Now. I think there's some virtuous a little bit, a little bit, but not exclusively. I also believe it could be dangerous. I'm all over the place on this.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you. I think all of us wrestling. But there is a charitable notion of Christian hatred where you hate the sin and love the sinner. Now, that to me is sure what we want to get to. But somebody's just shot down to people you love. It's hard to make a DECI distinction Sometime between the sin and the sinner.
Speaker 1: And we got to talk about that too, and the should not. We should not feel obligated as a people more than any other group to jump out there and say, I forgive you the process. We gotta process this thing first. I might get there eventually. You know, one of my favorite counselwomen who she's in the ancestral of playing. Her name is Fanny Elm Lewis. She said, God loves you, and I'm trying to like you, you know what I mean, Like we need some of that vibe God loves you. Another black saying try Jesus, don't try me, you know. So in any case, Oh my God, so good to be with all of you today, doctor West. And I want you to live on purpose, live your purpose no matter what is happening in this world. And remember above all things, titles are good, but purpose is better. Until next time,