Speaker 1: Come on, baby, let's go down. Hope, be running at its side. You ash, it's about to get weird. Be prepared for it to get weird. Things. We're gonna get weird. It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it. Let's get weird. Let's get it. Where where?
Speaker 2: Get?
Speaker 1: Where? Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric? I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Listen as you're listening to the.
Speaker 3: Hold on Hold on two hundred and twenty ninth, let's see about twenty ninety twenty.
Speaker 4: Eighth episode, Let's Get Weird.
Speaker 1: My name's Hoddy.
Speaker 4: I'm Every week we come together, give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the sheets, the ups, the downs, the all arounds.
Speaker 1: Urin us and just have a good time.
Speaker 4: And you know we're in We're in Daddy Eric's studio. So that's why we got to figure o where all the buttons.
Speaker 1: Are Daddy Eric Studio, all the action. Yes, how was Father's Day for you? You sir? Was it good? Oh? My god? It was so chill?
Speaker 3: I had Max. We you guys went to the Oils game the day before. We was the Oil game Saturday night. Shout out to the O's and Burnland. Thanks so much for the tickets. We had a great time. Max stayed to the fifth inning. We got there a little bit beforehand.
Speaker 1: Found I found.
Speaker 3: The best place to park for free. And I'm gonna gate keep this location for the rest of my natural born life because I didn't have to pay for parking and I loved it, and it's right next to everything and it was an easy walk. Max got to see some of the like the cool things around Camdon Yards, and we got to walk down Utah Street, which he also loved because he loved to see how on Utah Street. Did you know, hoodie that if you hit the home run onto Utah Street, they mark it with a placard all sign. It's a little metal thing in the in the in the on the ground. And Max got to look at all the different ones and he got try. He wanted to find out which one was the farthest one hit. I forgot who hit it the farthest, but but yeah, he loved that.
Speaker 1: He loved the stadium. We got in the.
Speaker 3: Splash section, we got wet. It was a great time. So and every Saturday is a day game at four o'clock. They wear orange in Baltimore. Wish I remembered that because we would have warwhear orange. But we had a great time, and he got a free T shirt, a free hat, and I bought him a new another glove. So Max made out and I forgot My kid loves cotton candy.
Speaker 4: He crushed the little flavor of cotton blue blue whatever blue flavoring raspberries or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because well he loves blue slushies or icies, because he loves those blue ones. He likes the blue raspberry stuff. But he crushed that cotton candy. Didn't want a hot dog, didn't want to do didn't want any of that stuff. He just wanted the you know, the cotton candy. And he had a great time. And uh, next we got to go to a Nets game. Go to Nets parks a little bit closer, a little bit closer, a little a little more, a little less history than came in your yarns.
Speaker 1: But they got a world series. So what did heat?
Speaker 4: What did he eat again? Cotton candy? I'm trying to think what food he could eat, and that's park. It doesn't like pizza.
Speaker 1: I don't like pizza. He wasn't give him the koreem cheese dog and I like that. Who I could finally get one of that does have a very high palate. Yes, realize, yes he really does.
Speaker 3: He's kind of annoying. I love my son, I tell myself every day. But yes, so we got to go to a Nats game. But I gotta give a shout out to the O's, thank you so much for the tickets.
Speaker 1: And I will never tell anybody where I park.
Speaker 3: Because if I do, it's gonna get screwed up and I'm never gonna be a to park there again.
Speaker 1: I mean you could, no, because then everyone's.
Speaker 3: Gonna park there and then I'm not gonna get my spots. And I love it. I mean you could no, I'll tell you in secret, but I'm not gonna like put it.
Speaker 1: Here's the location, but.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to blast it for everybody to uh to take from me, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean you could no? No?
Speaker 4: Okay, well all right, Well I survived my root canal surgery. Yes, it wasn't really a surgery. It felt like it though I was off. It was like an hour. Mah, it's wild because you've had one, you said, Yes, I've had a room years ago. Yeah, I'm a part of my French. You fucked with me and said it's gonna hurt a lot. It hurt it when they took the nerve out or whatever the hell they did.
Speaker 3: But it also didn't hurt when your mouth was like that hurts more than yeah, your mouth being wide open.
Speaker 4: With my tongue back, but pulled my cheek aside and all that stuff. Essentially, if you didn't know, I don't know if I've talked about on this podcast, you boys had tooth problem for about almost two months now. It's because a dentist I went to for the first time since the pandemic, I was like, let me get rid of.
Speaker 1: That metal filling in your mouth.
Speaker 4: I was like, all right, cool, it doesn't hurt me at all, but I don't mind them all looking white and I have a metal in my mouth. I don't have metal poisoning like that, And all of a sudden it hurts on that side. Eat The metal filling was taken off and went there a couple of times like I don't know what we can do. When a different dentists like, yeah, you need a rooca now, and we finally got it and not gonna lie. I was a little scared just sitting there like, oh this goes well because I just want to eat all the side of my mouth again more. I was like, I really wish you were there because you would have just hype me up a little bit just to be like it's fine, you got this baby.
Speaker 1: When did I get my root canal? So what I mean? Like, now, what do you gotta do? Uh? So now I have Apparently I didn't know this.
Speaker 4: If you go to Endodontis, which is fancy dentist that does root canals, they put a temporary filling on depending on what tooth get root canals on the tooth, and they gotta go a normal dentist to get the full one.
Speaker 1: So I'm going Friday, so hopefully by.
Speaker 4: Next week I can eat all the nice food at Epic Universe in Orlando, Florida, because I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I want to want to eat that mac and cheese, eat that and get you that donkey Kong cup. I do what else I asked for you to get me so far? But everyone's getting one item. I thought I wanted to get pin a pin? Was it a pin? Tell me I don't remember. You'll see you on your TikTok and be like, is why I want to get it to me? Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: All that's going the TikTok about universal epic universe is that there's no shade.
Speaker 1: There is not. Then I'm kind of more.
Speaker 4: And I got uvs Umbrella smart we got I got a neck fan SMS gonna be fun. It's okay it it definitely it's thirty bucks, so it's a thirty bucks worth.
Speaker 3: Wait have you seen the one on TikTok shop that used the U that uses solar and it has the fan inside of the.
Speaker 1: Holl the hat. It saw us as one of those you should get that too. No, it's because the fan.
Speaker 4: Like it doesn't seem like it's heavy, but like weighs it down a little bit. I got a bugge haet. I'm gonna wear a bunker hat. I never never like wearing hats the parks, but I'm going to. And yeah, boy, got some meta sunglasses and I put a little crookie on that action which is a little sunglass strap. So hopefully I can film some rits. It's gonna mess with the meta to like record like five minutes.
Speaker 1: Even this one. It's on the side.
Speaker 3: See yeah, on the front, on the side, it's on the side where but like that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little too big of a very big hat, but.
Speaker 3: It's got fans on it Andrew, but it is come on, and then you also are you gonna get.
Speaker 1: The Oh, and I have have a T shirt that reached shirt fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are actually really want up about next week, so I have more than one, right, It depends.
Speaker 4: I think it also depends how tight your shirt is. Like if you've got a tight shirt here, but if you've got a looser shirt, then.
Speaker 1: I'll get more area, you think, I think. So I'm kind of just prepared. Boys, got prepared.
Speaker 4: And I got my little Supreme little satchel bag I got for my brother's wedding that I'll have my airy AirPods. Really that I don't know what's gonna be a sunscreen money, I guess.
Speaker 1: And it really yeah yeah, yeah excited you boy got branded this. You should put one of the Supreme stickers. Did you rather give you some Supreme sticker? I don't know if he got them in one. Oh, I should probably put one on my laptop. I used to have one. Oh you did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I bought something I forget, but yeah, I had one on here.
Speaker 3: There you go, you got you gotta. And this is also one too that'says drugs.
Speaker 1: I can't put that one. You definitely can.
Speaker 3: About them again, Man, shout out to your mom, by the way, I love you.
Speaker 4: Mo.
Speaker 1: They mailed me wedding cookies, but left that were wedding cookies.
Speaker 4: They mailed me some what do you mean left over? Yeah, not for my wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty much the same type of cookies.
Speaker 4: So I'm excited to be stull them. You want any, bring them in tomorrow, sure, bring them sample. You know I hate cookies, but I'll try to you'll you'll love them, baby. I know your mom is the best.
Speaker 3: I was telling you earlier that she hooked me and Max up years ago. When was it Infinity War or was the Endgame? And they made all those third pandemic Yeah, they made all these Happy Meals toys, and your mom loves the good happy.
Speaker 1: Meals before the pandemic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and got a bunch of Happy Meal toys and gave them to me a Max and Max still has them all lined up on his floor in his bedroom, nice and neat and will not touch them.
Speaker 1: Man, Happy Meal toys used to be way better back in the day.
Speaker 3: They suck nowadays, Like the last couple of Happy Meal toys sucks.
Speaker 4: I mean they had boo boo like many not squishmellows. Yeah, they saw them, but like nothing beats. You were probably tool you probably you probably got the remember the Big Kids Meal where it was like, oh, it's a double cheeseburger. No McDonald's, No, that's okay, we were at McDonald's lot. Iconically, I don't remember any of these toys. You weren't even the obviously the Halloween pails, which they never do.
Speaker 1: That was they brought them back to these but it's not the same. Well, we have one, I got one from X.
Speaker 4: But I mean you go to any of your local thrist stores and those things are filled with all these Happy Meal toys from the ninety to two thousands.
Speaker 1: This nineties, I should have probably picked two thousands.
Speaker 4: Because okay, the iconic one that we have was the Inspector Gadget Happy Meal toys where each toy was like a piece of his body before build The figures were like super big for like Marvel and stuff, and you put them together and you got your little little Baby Inspector Gadget Little Inspector Gadgett and then Poke Burger King is be dope with the Happy Meal toys. Two Back in the day, he used to have all the Pokemon little figures and the Simpsons, like every time it was Halloween they would have Simpsons Treehouse of Horror toys. When Taco Bell one time they got Happy Milt toys, right was and then the Star Wars the Phantom Menace partnership.
Speaker 1: And when was that?
Speaker 4: When Phantom Menace came out, KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut had the endorsement rights because Star Wars with its own thing and not by Disney didn't get it automatically, and they all teamed up and like, oh at this one you can get like the Naboo toys. Of this one you get the tattooing toys. And they used to have cups. I have a topper at my parents' house where it was like like the characters like it's too fun thing and it's spoiled that darth Ball got cut in half because half of darth Ball's body where the rest of it was everyone's head.
Speaker 3: No way, Oh yeah, that's pretty cool, you know. God I wish they had better stuff now these stuff is there?
Speaker 1: Sor right?
Speaker 4: It's like when Pizza Hut used to have free video games? Remember that, Oh yeah, one.
Speaker 1: A pizza free video games.
Speaker 4: It was probably like early two thousands, and you would get a disc that was like a demo disc essentially if you got the pizza Combo or whatever it.
Speaker 1: Was at the time. Never remember that. Yeah, what a time, What a time to be alive. Remembers all this stuff.
Speaker 3: You guys, I feel like you you're what how old a part are we?
Speaker 1: Ten? Ten years this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, your childhood with that kind of stuff was better than what I had coming up.
Speaker 1: Debatable, it's debatable, no, because I don't remember that to a debate. All right, let's go because I'm eighty two toys.
Speaker 4: Versus two thousands toys. Because let's all right, so you were what eleven and ninety two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thousands toys? Yeah, all right, let's go. So and all right, let's see if they actually gave us. No, that did not help. That's not what I wanted.
Speaker 1: Thirty nineties toys versus two thousands kids toys. I sew which one was better?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So in the nineties, you had brats, Yeah, Barbie two thousand brats.
Speaker 1: Which I think Barbie would win. I thought brads.
Speaker 4: Probably are still iconic though, yeah. Probably that weird ass had.
Speaker 3: Right, and they changed the style to where they were one when they first came out there bigger, and then they redid them they were smaller. Don't do that paper away, I need it, okay, underneath the lunchbox. Underneath the lunchbox.
Speaker 1: Now, I'll just tell you that later, Okay, off later.
Speaker 4: When I think of brats, uh in ninety had the Banday spin Fighters with two thousands had bab blades.
Speaker 1: Bay blades.
Speaker 3: Bay blades were way cooler back down they are backades if you want to apparently.
Speaker 4: I also con at the after party they had this year they had a babelade tournament.
Speaker 1: Nice in the middle of district. D oh wow.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like the plastic ten you could buy it to. It was like an actual like someone made it off Etsy, like arena or whatever you would call it.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 4: The nineties had Ferbie Those are creepy thousands and Pucci third Ferbie one was creepy bro oh in the nineties or flown in the two thousand, sun well I think was owned by Oh no they yeah, they're both made up from Nickelodeon.
Speaker 1: Ye name yeah, but GA was O G all right.
Speaker 4: Oh, in the nineties, YE had hit clips and two thousands. Yeah, the iPod hit clips are cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the ipodd that or game Boy Advance like cartridge that had a whole episode of a TV show you put in a game board vans iPod wins all the time.
Speaker 1: What the time?
Speaker 4: Tomagachi was in the nineties, Pixel Chick was in two thousands times I hated wild though is in the nineties and early two thousands, Digimon was like, here's your digivice.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing as the Tomagatchi, but it's just cool. Look cool cool. Yeah, it was a fight.
Speaker 4: Nineties Monopoly two thousands of electronic banky Monopoly. I don't know what that is, but I do know this Pokemon Monopoly we did have.
Speaker 1: Of course you did much Pokemon.
Speaker 3: Let's go down the rabbit hole, hoodie going on eBay. More, turn turn off the turn off the podcast.
Speaker 1: More. If you're listening, turn on Pokemon. I want you turn off the podcast. Moro, hold on, is this the one? No, that's not that's a new one.
Speaker 4: There's like a redo. Yeah, I mean that's not bad. I would buy the redo really if it's Canto. Hell yeah, forget all the other regions. Canto's where it's at. I don't care if anyone talks to me about Pokemon like that. Canto's words, no idea, what you're told me. In the nineties you had Tuggles, Zuzu, Pets dominated, has dominated, pets dominated, oh easy. In the nineties you had Pokemon. In few thousand had Badka God, Pokemon wins.
Speaker 1: Digital Guy didn't really catch off.
Speaker 4: Baka God was there, but the didn't really catch Yeah right, it didn't like now they did.
Speaker 1: Compare to Pokemon.
Speaker 4: Digimon came out the same time you Gio, like five years later, but Pokemon on uh and then oh okay, here you go. In the nineties had u Gio technically did come and and two thousands you had dual Months Dual Masters, which is just a knockoff. You get that makes sense?
Speaker 1: Cool Masters? Yeah, this is just you is all you need.
Speaker 4: I remember in the nineties had slap bracelets and two thousands had silly bands.
Speaker 1: Chili bands went crazy.
Speaker 4: Everyone had about Disney silly bands.
Speaker 1: Silly bands, Uh, In the nineties you had moon shoes.
Speaker 4: It's the moon shoes, like it was a toy where you could bounce and jump on him. In the two thousands had Heali's leg still by heelies. Now you still can't buy some, Yeah, we should buy some. Not you sure doesn't aything right. In the nineties you had POGs by In the two thousands he had Mighty Beans.
Speaker 1: You definitely sold mighty beans.
Speaker 4: That toys are us, Yes, definitely, because we got like a cover of day though. They're just little sand beans that they try to make toys like POGs again, like that's what.
Speaker 1: It was, so that's all it was. It was just a sand was just a yeah toy.
Speaker 4: In the nineties, he had Polly Pocket. In the two thousands you had Betty Spaghetti, Polly Pocket wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember Betty Spaghetti. I remember.
Speaker 4: In the nineties he had doodle Bear, which is where you could draw on the actual bear. Two thousand he had what's her face? I don't even know what that is. I know is that doll poops?
Speaker 1: That's weird. There's a dollar poops.
Speaker 4: Nineties you had Dear Diary, But in two thousands you had Girl Tech Password journal.
Speaker 3: Was a thing we had, Yes, I remember, so it was a toys wrest all the time too.
Speaker 4: Oh nineties pillow pals two thousands pillow pats.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the same things. Yeah whatever. Oh that's a good debate.
Speaker 4: Actually, could you send me the TikTok socker boppers versus hull cans?
Speaker 1: I feel like cans?
Speaker 4: Yeah that daisy finals, like, hey, we got the thing hands and then kind of want to buy some really just get some frustration out, you know, I might buy some for my brother too, Like we got hull cans, but.
Speaker 1: They're you get a frustration one of our coworkers. The other things. We should get a punching bag put installed here somewhere. Oh, we got give it a face though, and we can change the face out. No, we should have put the one face. Nineties you had taken me Almo in two thousand, tmx Almo. What was the greatest one?
Speaker 4: Oh nineties you had the N sixty four, But the two thousands you had the game cube.
Speaker 3: I'm an sixty four guy, I'm an N sixty four guy. I never had a game No, I didn't have a GameCube. I went PlayStation that year.
Speaker 1: See the game I think for Looks, GameCube wins. It got to handle all the damn console take with you anywhere, baby, but no one took it anywhere that.
Speaker 4: You did have Smash and Mario Kart on both yeah, and Pokemon Stamp and Golden I was on sixty sixty four. All right, we'll give it n sixty four. I know we this, This was the console. We had a friend who had it, but we never had it because they were rich. And then we got the game here like we did it.
Speaker 1: We made it. We have a Nintendo console. Now. Nineties you had the game Boy two thousands, game Boy Advance. I'll give it to the game Boy Advance. Hell, especially if it's the sp that's got the back light on. Yep, that's what you need.
Speaker 4: Nineties you had Bop It, bop It, extrit and pop it. Yeah, okay, Oh, nineties you had Neo Pats. Two thousands you had Webkins.
Speaker 1: I remember Neo Pitts. I don't remember Webkins. It's the same thing. Essentially.
Speaker 4: It was based on a stuffed animal that you could use to get the digital character of Oh for nerve.
Speaker 1: No, that's not argument. Okay, that's not really argument, you know, Oh, Okay?
Speaker 4: In the nineties, yet dance Dance Revolution by the two thousands.
Speaker 1: Guitar Hero fun fact about Eric never played either one of them. Never never, Baby, never got it. You should have told me. We never never did DDR.
Speaker 3: My my parents bought when we got a Wii, they bought the d DR for my little sister Franny for the week with the game mat No, it was just the handhit with the joy cons and then guitar Hero I was like, no, not gonna play it.
Speaker 1: I feel like that would be prime you living with Julia in the years a guitar Hero. No, we were too busy. Some ladies. Your guitar skills, you know. No, Andrew, Okay, that's another.
Speaker 4: And then the last one they have here, easy bake oven versus McDonald's mcflurry makers, make of it.
Speaker 1: If I can make a mcflurry at home.
Speaker 3: Easy big oven, you know, it's just lifeful because you know the mcflury is gonna machine's gonna break on you no matter what.
Speaker 1: I'm like, sorry, Mom and dad, another cleaning guys.
Speaker 4: Well all right, but we know what's even funner. Hold on because you don't have it all the history.
Speaker 1: It's time for some where we read actually misconnected from Washington, d C. Craigslist slash m I s. Who's freaked here DC, Maryland or Virginia. Just have a good time. See what went wrong and what went right. It's been a while, it's been a minute, so we're gonna do some proper Let's do us connections. We will go with you should read looking for a massage buddy.
Speaker 4: Oh this is Riverside from Riverside on six sixteen days ago, looking for my friend I just met. Sorry, didn't get your contact NFL. Tell me what, tell me what I talked about so I know it's.
Speaker 1: You each Hey, how you doing all right?
Speaker 3: Redhead at bike shop to comba Park Morland. Hello, you were you were very well. You were very well. Maybe the hottest very well. Maybe oh hey you well, maybe the hottest girl on earth. Redhead bike shop to come park with that dunk? Oh my goodness, get a dunk.
Speaker 1: I mean all right, she's on the bike on that bike. Former friend from elementary school, Largo.
Speaker 4: Don't know if you're still around the PG Community College area, but trying to reunite with you, April Smith.
Speaker 1: We called you out.
Speaker 4: Don't know if you remember the days from Park Moore elementary. I'm back in the area from being gone for almost twenty one years. Be good to make up for missing time. Still a pretty girl back then, trying to message you on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Look me up if you hear about this. So then did he message them on Facebook or no? I would assume so if you have her name and you know what school she wants, right, this is I forgot to mention. This is it.
Speaker 4: I ran into someone from high school randomly shopping at Aldie the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was like, you live here? I didn't.
Speaker 4: And we were like, we didn't know other people lived here from our area because everyone from my high school went to Tech and I went to Mason by myself, right, and they all migrated up here.
Speaker 1: I don't know where they're all at. I'm like, that's wow. It was interesting, Like this is my wife mora, Yeah, I got a wife in high school. Wife.
Speaker 4: Now wait, you guys are on like on r but like Facebook, correlate that she lived here. I was like, Oh, it's just a city sees that, you know, Okay, it's interesting, fun all right.
Speaker 1: Who was the other one I saw? Go back up? Police starts? Oh god, uh not elementary?
Speaker 3: Go back?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Chubby check out Bay, Northern Virginia, six sixteen, underneath the Mexican guy looking for Yeah, I was the black chubby checkout boy and Wegmans. You looked me up and down as I walked by you. You were an older gentleman. Message me, so we can connect.
Speaker 1: Get it. Wegmans see lots of people checking people out. We might be going to the secret shopping Wegmans on Monday.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we locked eyes and stelf check out. Oh hey this is I think it was in rest and it's yeah. Oh it's the same guy. Oh you posted twice. Oh all right, he's a thirty one chubb bottom.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you see this when you can connect. Well he didn't see that one. No, so I'm assuming he didn't see that one. All right, let's go with Let's go another Wegmans Tysons miss seeing him? Oh miss.
Speaker 4: We were in Shady Grove Metro and we saw each other every day and every evening. Last Friday. I was in pure cotton capri type bottoms. Uh, a green shirt. And you are a tall black guy. I know you work for a cable company. Please reply to me.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, well get it, get it. We've done a lot of Maryland ones. Huh they freaky, No, you freaky, you freaking Virginia.
Speaker 1: Oh this one, yeah, hey, I got's our last one.
Speaker 3: Here for pride and looking for some fun. Georgetown, here for pride, staying at Mario, looking for fun. I'm been thirties fit Asian. Anyone wants to hang out, come hang out?
Speaker 1: There, we go, there, you go. Well, you know, never know of miss connections. You never know.
Speaker 4: It could be the one, we could be. It could be the hundred next week, next week. But if you have a miss connection, go to Washington, DC dot co dot org. Last time my eyes fill it out, we'll read it out. Maybe we'll traction leave us a missconnection. Tell me your listening to the podcast. You could d m at mister V. That's m R E r I c kV. It's just CQ pictures of Eric or CQ pictures of me skipping with Eric and Andrew, hoodie with the y and some other fun things. Because we saw Oleo and we're gonna see Jurassic World rebirth.
Speaker 1: There and we counted some five guys French fries. Yeah, see how many fries? You getting a little fried? What I think at least the one at Tyson's Corner. It's a lot, a lot, it's a lot. Anyway, I have a great week. You always remember it's okay to be weird and sexy.
Speaker 3: It got weird, didn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah,