Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: It's time now for our community connection right here on Kay one, the one you trust, and the room is a glow with the ladies from a glow. How are we doing today? Well, of course you are right, smiles all over the place. I understand that we're going to put love and action coming up on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Saturday, which going to what are we doing Devor Well.
Speaker 3: We're going to be Uh. We invited the churches and the surrounding community and the surrounding community and different organizations like a Copy and beat the Light in my Lighthouse. We invited all of them to come and set up a booth and give information about what they do and what we have in our community to help people that's in need, whether if it be you know, food or resources for medical or you know stuff like that. So and then we got a band coming from the Get Real uh oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Ministry Rando, Shiloh, Kevin and all those guys and girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah and uh, then we're going to serve the hot dogs and hamburgers and just have a good time. We've got door prices we're going to be given away and uh, we're just expecting some people to come out, you know. And if people don't have a church that they go to and they need to they're looking for a church, then the different churches that's there gives their information and then they can make their choice where they want to go that's the best fit for them.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know.
Speaker 2: Regardless, we were talking a little bit earlier today about being in a glow for a little bit. You you've been at it for a while, and it shows because she's only smiling, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's got a lot of joy.
Speaker 2: In her heart going on here. So it's really nice to see this thing all come together, isn't it. Yes, Yes, And tell us a little bit about a glow you you told me. They're a little bit of history on it, a brief.
Speaker 4: History lesson if you get it was started in nineteen eighty six by some ladies in Seattle, Washington. They wanted to get together and pray and worship, so they started there, but it spread over one hundred and seventy nations. Now it's international. So we work on ministry, time of fellowship, reaching reaching out, prayer. Prayer is very vital. They have groups that go into Washington, d C. And pray. We have groups that go to even our state capitals and pray, so it covers a variety of things that we reach out to others.
Speaker 2: Wow, and you're giving everybody a first hand chance to reach out to whatever they need. You know, we're so blessed in our area because we have so many help hands, something helping hearts.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I've never lived in an area like this before where so many people are rooting for your success. It's really amazing. Now, about who do you know at the National Weather Service?
Speaker 5: I don't know anybody at the National Weather Service other than the big guy upstairs.
Speaker 2: For well, you must have been talking to the big guy good because he's smiling on you. I'm looking at the forecast for Saturday as that we're prepared to do. This is a unity square from one to three high temperature of only eighty four degrees.
Speaker 1: Look at that. That is a little bit of glowing going on, right going. We're just we're out of that cooker. But wow, this is going to be great.
Speaker 2: With so many different helping hands and hearts, It's going to be kind of hard to walk away with a scowl on your face, especially after being bet a hamburger.
Speaker 1: And a hot dog.
Speaker 5: Well, and I also being in the presence of God and worship and being there to worship God. There's nobody walking away with the presence of God with the frown on their face.
Speaker 1: Amen to that and look at this.
Speaker 2: You know, all you had to do was say that and smile of just what believe like the something else. Now, this group has been together in Bartlesviield for a bit, but it seems like a glow really seems to fit the nature and the mission.
Speaker 3: Tell us a little bit about well, our mission is to get our community together and unity and what a glow does. It's not a church, but it's a ministry that brings people together that's like minded, that we can love them unconditionally and give them a place to walk, a safe place to be, that they can come into the presence of God and we can worship and have a good time together. Fellowship and now Bartlesville a Glow. I've been with them for seven years, eight years.
Speaker 5: I don't remember something like that, something like that.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're having a good time it really.
Speaker 3: We meet once a month from ten to twelve on the first Saturday of every month, and we just come together and have a good time, and we have a Bible study sometimes that we do in the summertime, we do an outreach where we do music outside and this year we kind of jumbled it up a little bit. We did in June instead of doing the outside singing, we went and did the March for Jesus.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then we had our singing in July. Well, this and in August, we're doing our love and action for our outreach. And so we just want people to be invited to come to our monthly meetings and to join with our local group just so we can reach out more into the community. The more we have, the more we can do in the community. So we just want to invite anybody and everybody. It's not a women's ministry. It's a men and women's okay, it's not just for women. It's for men and and I mean teenagers, young people. We invite them all. You know, we want we want everybody to be involved in and coming to.
Speaker 2: Is it difficult to join up as a secret handshake, none of that business going on there.
Speaker 3: Just show up at our meetings and you're part of us.
Speaker 1: Then wow, there you go. It's kind of like the family you always wanted. Yeah, wow, this is great now this play lock.
Speaker 2: You've been with it for a little bit here, and you've probably seen it grow over the years, have you.
Speaker 4: Not, And it's it's growing. It's growing.
Speaker 1: So really love to see that. Huh. Yes, kind of like nurturing a child, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: And then you get the different groups of people, different walks of life, all coming together with one common goal.
Speaker 1: That's that's we are an outstanding And.
Speaker 5: I think the cool thing about a glow is that we have it in eleven different counties or different cities in eastern Oklahoma. Wow, that once a year comes together for a retreat. And so I love that it is different people. Each group is different. So there's prayer groups, there's Bible studies, there's speaker meetings, there's all kinds of different things in different towns wherever God's putting them in there. And so if you are looking for in a glow and you're not part of Bartlesfield, contact us because we can put you in in touch with another group wherever you're at.
Speaker 2: Now when you all get together for a retreat, for your retreat, I imagine the idea is pop.
Speaker 1: Just like popcorn.
Speaker 5: They do, and the presence of God is there and people get I mean there's miracles and people get delivered and set free, and so it is an exciting time to be part of a glow, to see God move in different places and so it is it's exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, well, i'd say you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm looking at the probably three the happiest people I've met, you know, all year, and.
Speaker 1: So this must really rough off on folks.
Speaker 2: Yes, So love and action is the name of our get together and that is going to be on Saturday, August second, Unity Square from one until three. And a reminder of folks, the Good Lord has bless us with only eighty four degrees for the temperature for that, so it's going to be a nice sairly say walk in the park and all different kinds of helping organizations to offer you a little bit of hand and whatever you need.
Speaker 1: Maybe some advice hec does, may be a.
Speaker 5: Hug and maybe just come and spend time with some Christians and worship and just hang out.
Speaker 1: That's a great thing too. Miracles kind of happened when that occurs.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, you never expected though, and you get that nice little surprise going, Oh I see what you did there?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So this is going to be a great bunch of great fellowship and a great way. And I think that you really put the well, put some love and action. Yes, that didn't take a whole lot of thought.
Speaker 1: Did it. Well. This is our third year.
Speaker 2: I know, but I mean the original idea was probably you know, pretty genuine, and it's like, hey, here's what we're going to do. Well, well, this title works.
Speaker 1: Just want fine. I think you ought to keep it for another thirty three or four.
Speaker 3: We're planning on it.
Speaker 1: Man alive. It says it all.
Speaker 2: So once again, folks, that'll be Saturday, August second, Unity square one to three. I'm gonna have some food, gonna have some mus We're gonna have a whole lot of people with our helping community as I call it, our loving community as well. And if you can, folks, just come up to the ladies and the men from a glow and say thank you and just shake their hand, get to know them a little bit, ask a few questions. You just might be surprised at the answers.
Speaker 1: Come on to ask yes, you know.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't cost a thing you know, we'll pray for you. That's that's what we're supposed to do. That's what we're commanded to do by God. Thank you ladies for coming in. Is there anything you'd like to add? Did we miss anything? I don't want to.
Speaker 4: You might add for our monthly meets and that would be.
Speaker 1: A good thing.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Our monthly meetings are at the shop. It's across the street from Humble Road.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've been by there one.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight seminole. It's just Frank Phillips, a seminole that's on the corner there and we meet right there in that little shop.
Speaker 1: It's called the Shop. I know, it's kind of a cute little place too. Yeah, it is, it is.
Speaker 3: I mean it's been a lot of things, but that's what it is now. That's what it is now. And it's their youth center. That's where their youth meet and children, and I mean it's it's a nice place. They did, they did a good job.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it looks like it. Yeah, it looks like it. Well, thanks again for being with us today. Thank you, alrighty.
Speaker 2: Once again, that is Bartlesville Glow Love and Action coming up on August second, Unity Square from one until three.
Speaker 1: Hope to see you there