Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It it's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust and our program is being brought to you by Wesley and Kiddy College, also Tall Grass Voters, and we have Lucas Needles and Caleb Gordon in house today.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, how are we fantastic? Are you?
Speaker 1: You know what? It's Monday, the sun is shining, I'm above Grass.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: Come on, yes, yeah, go, and you guys are going to make things a little bit better. You've got a little business network you'd like tell us about.
Speaker 3: So initially, as we were saying our off air, so basically this thing kicked off this last Christmas. In my mind, Lucas and I met each other down at the Christmas in the villa and we were talking about some different things and we're like, man, this is this is what we should be doing as Christians. Is we should be standing firm in the public square and using our gifts, our talents, our abilities to do what God's called us to do and the places where we are and that we as Christian business leaders can absolutely make a genuine impact on the culture for the betterment of mankind and for the glory of God.
Speaker 2: So that's that's the basic idea.
Speaker 1: Wow. So what's the name of your network?
Speaker 4: The business Makers Network?
Speaker 3: Business Makers Network, and so this I would just say this was not initiated or originated by me or Lucas. We have a mutual friend. His name is Gab Brench and Gabe is doing this nationally. He's working through He's just in Nashville and he's just a friend of mine and he has all the resources and the connections. In fact, he was just doing an event in Nashville that was connected with Tucker Carlson. So I mean he's got he's got access to some bigger names and some bigger groups.
Speaker 2: And so he's been to Bartleswew one other time and we talk almost on a weekly basis, and he's we should do one in Bartlezow said, I'd love that. That would be fantastic.
Speaker 3: This was something that Lucas and I had talked about, wanting to try to figure out how we can get other Christians connected, network together to lock shields, to say, how can we advance the Kingdom of the Lord Jesus in the places where we walk, the places where we work, to help humanity, you know, to bring edify human beings, but ultimately to bring glory to God.
Speaker 1: No. I think when Lucas was here, just just a couple of weeks ago, we're talking about the importance of partnerships all the way around, and this just seems to make sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we can do a lot on our own, in our own households, in our community, but we can do a lot more when we work together and make a bigger impact.
Speaker 2: And so that's really the.
Speaker 4: Idea is, you know, we have shared values, we have shared faith.
Speaker 2: Let's use.
Speaker 4: The expertise of others to advance a good message and create a bigger impact.
Speaker 1: Now we were talking talking about businesses who are Christian, Bain. We got a couple right here in Bartlesville, Wow, that have a big national names. But we also have great local businesses who share the same idea. And it's not a bad thing to come out to the forefront and say here, I am, let's be counted, let's work together.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, Well, that's the idea is that we as Christians, we lock shields.
Speaker 2: And this is one of the things that gave us talking about with.
Speaker 3: Me a couple of weeks ago, is COVID really opened the eyes of a lot of people that man, we're we can get locked.
Speaker 2: Down pretty pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: And the idea is, rather than being constrained or bottlenecked by certain businesses and certain commerces, what if we work together so that we don't have to be locked down for certain things.
Speaker 2: We can work.
Speaker 3: I can go to Lucas and Lucas can come to me and we can say, Okay, how can we help one another and and not have to be constrained by the world.
Speaker 2: And that that's the idea.
Speaker 1: I think it's written in a book somewhere that is what but the brothers and sisters of Christ do on a daily basis should.
Speaker 2: Be at least that should be Yes, definitely.
Speaker 1: But you're bringing it to the forefront and you're you're putting the spotlight on it, and you're bringing awareness to.
Speaker 2: Where we should be right well.
Speaker 3: And the idea is is if we can network and fellowship together through these through this event that we're working through, and.
Speaker 2: We we learn things about one another.
Speaker 3: Maybe I didn't you know you've got a business that I didn't know about, or you have something that you're doing that I didn't know about, or you I'm doing something you didn't know about.
Speaker 2: And we figured this out together.
Speaker 3: Like, oh man, that would be a great fit to do this, you know, maybe together together.
Speaker 2: And so that's the idea.
Speaker 3: And Lucas and I have been He's partnered with with me in terms of his what he does with Rebail Financial and and they do great work. They do, they do fantastic stuff. And I'm constantly pointing people towards us. If you have any financial goals, what's your plans for everybody should have a plan, right, what's your plan for leaving a legacy for your family, for your kids, your namesake? Right, all these different things that are laid out. What are you doing to leave a legacy? And ultimately, what are you doing to advance the kingdom? And if you're not, if you're not doing those things, maybe you should maybe should consider doing that. And so that's what Luke's focus is and that's the reason I connect so well with him, because I'm like, let's do this together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Now we've got an event that's coming up here shortly. You need tell us a little bit about it. So maybe folks can be aware and know a lot more about the network.
Speaker 3: So it's called the Business Makers Network, and so you can go to I got my notes here. It's actually business Makers Dot Network is the website and you can go to events and you can click on the Bartlesville link and you can see all the speakers.
Speaker 2: Like Kevin Potter is going to be one of our speakers.
Speaker 3: We've got a list of great CEOs and business owners that are going to just give insight into what how to run a business and how to use the business to bring glory to God and help the community locally and do the work of missions and advancing the gospel through commerce.
Speaker 2: And so that's the idea we.
Speaker 1: Got good one. And Kevin, you know, he and Dorry you have a business called KCD Enterprises. And I asked him, he said, what does that mean. He says, well, that's Kevin, that's Dory. But he said, the see is Christ. Christ is the center yeah everything.
Speaker 3: And that's the one thing I love about Kevin and Dorry both man.
Speaker 2: I've known them.
Speaker 3: Goodness, gracious, I've been I was telling your off air I've been sitting in this particular studio off and on for almost twenty something years. And yeah, help with consumer calls. I've done all these different things. And that's the one thing I love about Kevin and Dorry both is they have such a desire to see Christ made much of in the community, and that is that is vital. And if we, as other Christian businesses decide, okay, we want to lock arms and do that exact same thing, it actually can transform how we move and have our being.
Speaker 1: Indeed, this is really gonna be neat. So this is coming up on Thursday evening and Friday morning. And what's what's the venue again?
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be at Frankie Peece.
Speaker 3: It's a smaller venue, but it's it's a more intimate setting and so there's a limited amount of seats, but that's good for the event. For the event right right here in Bartlesville. So it's Frankie Peece. And if you need information, we can get we can get all that information to you. But you can check out Businessmakers dot Network and just look on the Bartlesville link and it'll give you all the details.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do a little news story on this afterwards, so maybe early afternoon. It'll be out there on our website and folks can find that link and they can find out more about what's going on with this amazing network where eating right here in Bartlesville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, absolutely So.
Speaker 1: How many folks do you have already asked you about this?
Speaker 2: Well, we've had a couple. I mean there's I mean it's a hard Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a hard metric to try to figure out because you know, here's what I've seen historically when you put on events like this, especially in Bartlesvielle, you don't normally get much traction until about a week until the event.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh that's they digest right, right right.
Speaker 3: And so that's the idea is coming on here a couple of weeks earlier, saying hey, put this on your calendar, come out and hang out with some other Christian brothers and sisters and connect, network and figure out how you can make an impact.
Speaker 1: Now this is going to be June nineteenth, June twentieth. Then it's a Thursday evening and a Friday morning morning. And this is where you can find out, as a Christian business, how you can make an impact right here in our community.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: I know we've got people kind of hearing this as they're work and they're going, well, that sounds pretty good. Well, we can probably have you on again here before too long. Yes, get you a little bit more time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Even if you don't specifically own a business, this is valuable to you. You will walk away with some action items. You will walk away with some marching orders, so to speak. To make an impact, even as an employee, you can network with other people who are like minded, who are focused on glorifying God. You know, God owns it all well, yeah, and so he even owns the businesses that we create and run. So the question is less what can I do with my business? It's what can I do with God's gifts that He's given to me as a steward to bring.
Speaker 2: Glory to Him.
Speaker 4: And when we start asking those questions, we really have to, you know, pray about it, search the word, and work with like minded individuals, brothers and sisters in Christ, and just watch God work. He benefits our communities, but He also benef fits us and our families. God blesses without measure, He pours it on. And so I think what we're looking to do is seek the benefit of brotherhood and sisterhood in Christ, leverage each other's experience, and then go out and put it to action.
Speaker 1: Well, this sounds like a great starting point once again, folks. That is on Thursday evening June nineteenth and Friday morning, June twentieth, and this would be a.
Speaker 3: Frankie Pee Frankie peace right caddy corner from Lollipops.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what fireplace there?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's going to be easy to find, it's going to be an intimate setting, and it's going to be a great place to hear some really good news.
Speaker 2: It is gonna be good news, good networking. You're gonna hear good speakers that are just going to.
Speaker 3: Give you solid biblical information to do things that glorify his name.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, I can't wait to get you back on again before we do this, and we'll we'll make sure that we pop this out on the website and folks will be able to at least go to that link and find a little bit more the one you just mentioned earlier and also maybe get a little bit more insight into this. I know some folks are right now saying, well, that sounds pretty good. I think I'd like to go. Well, hopefully if you read up on it a little bit more, you will be thinking about it you'll just be.
Speaker 2: Going to just click the button and let's go. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, gentlemen, Caleb and Lucas. We've got we've got the news coming up here and just a little bit check all the weather. Guess what's not gonna rain.
Speaker 2: Come on, there we go.
Speaker 1: Our show today has been brought to you by Wesley and Giddy College and Paul grass Water.
Speaker 2: When it comes to your