Speaker 1: Caught me up on this week's Chewing the Cud. I'm talking about an unfortunate time to say the.
Speaker 2: Wrong thing, and I'm bringing you news about a beauty product that's inspiring a lot of people. Sounds good to me. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Welcome to During the Cud with Me, Mike Beninroe and my good friend co host Lee Robertson.
Speaker 2: How you doing. I'm doing all right, I'm very yellow today. I'm like a ray of sunshine. Like something we're bringing you all the showbies needs that you could ever need, as well as some fun stories.
Speaker 1: Well you are good to us all, aren't you. So what would be good for us this week?
Speaker 2: Well, I have a story about a very famous actor who's been poking fun at the Kardashians. Oh, I'm already invested in this story. Anthony Hopkins. Anthony Hopkins, Sir Anthony Hopkins. He has been taking the mick out of Kim Kardashian, which is amazing. So so, Kim Kardashian has launched something called She has this product called Skims, which is like this sort of like body shaping weear. But she's brought out something called the Ultimate Face, which is a shape where for your face, which fans have likened it to that from the Silence of the Lambs. So he has got on board with it, which is, you know, quite unusual for gentlemen se to his age, because they don't normally. He does get quite on board with a lot of stuff. Yeah, so so he's obviously been he's been noted about it and just picked on when he's kind of taking a picture of himself wearing I don't think it's and I think he's just got a bit of surgical stocking from somewhere, put it on his face and put it on me, saying hello, Kim, I'm already feeling ten years younger. Goodbye. In the Hannibal Like to voice recreating the film's legendary falva beans and chante scene, he chillingly slurped at the end of the clip with a caption, thank you, Kim, don't be afraid to come over for dinner. I think we've got a picture of him wearing it. Okay, it's brilliant. I mean that.
Speaker 1: Looks like a truss that's not gonna smell fresh.
Speaker 2: He is a gentleman of a certain age, and sometimes he needs a little bit of support so in general, people have gone, what on earth is what is it? The thing? What is it? So she's it's it's a it's called a facial rap, okay, and it costs forty eight quid. But there's no real information on what it's supposed to do. So it's a facial wrap like a chicken wrap. Yeah, you wear it when you go to sleep at night. I presume it's to hold all your skin in. Okay, why'd you keep doing that?
Speaker 1: Because I'm trying to gest that the clock's not been running for the past five minutes, but.
Speaker 2: They're not picking up on the subtle ones.
Speaker 1: Very distract I know, it's less distracted than me going on a secondly, the clock's not been running.
Speaker 2: No, well, at least it's silent, and it's not while I'm on camera, So it doesn't have any clear instructions of what it's supposed to do or what it's supposed to be. It just says it's it is a Kim Kardashian money I think is alto soft jaw support and that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you started to feel a bit saggy, maybe, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just love the fact that Anthony Hopkins now knows Kim Kardashian is I'm sort of money making thing? Were you? Are you a rom com fan? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't want I don't want comedy well as roaming about not.
Speaker 2: Even the like the ones from the nineties that everybody looks, Okay, well, you're not gonna like this. My best Friend's wedding is getting a sequel? Did you not like best Friend's Wedding? It was cute.
Speaker 1: What's the story behind best Friend's wedding?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was a different time appropriate though. Anyway. It came out in nineteen ninety seven. Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz, dem Malrooney what and it's I love how that thrown you off. It's in very early development, which means it's probably no script. Shall we do this again? But the actors have sound on for it. They said, yes, we will do it. Yes. The original story was not particularly It's Julia Roberts was trying to stop the marriage of her best friend and because they've done this promise that if they were still single by the age of twenty eight, they would marry. It's twenty eight years later, good grade film. Yeah, and the say a Little Prayer song bit in it was. So we've got some pictures of what they looked like then in the film and what they're look like now. So obviously Julia Roberts looks amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, if she's had a freshen up, I wouldn't be angry at her because it looks like.
Speaker 2: That's the whole point, isn't it. You don't look like you've had anything done. You just look like a nice sleep the holiday. So we've got Julia Roberts, and then we have Dermot Mulrooney. Okay, let's rested. Well, he's aged appropriately appropriately. Yes. Yeah, he was very cute as a young man. Now he's a silver fox. Okay, you're not convinced that I.
Speaker 1: Didn't find him attractive when he was young, many that it was not really in my bag.
Speaker 2: I get it's handsome, it's just not for me, all right, Cameron T. Yes, we've got and again she she she kind of disappeared from Hollywood for good ten years, kind of got burnt out by it and was not interested, got married, had kids, started to come back into doing films and stuff. And again she looks fantastic. Yes, And then that's when I notice we've got Richard. No, I think we've got rupered Everett. Now I think he's aged better. He has aged better. He's a something that wasn't afraid of the old botox and filler and at one point had overdone it. And he's he himself a struggle, has talked about his struggle with aging. Horry doesn't like it. But but all in all, yeah, So when it's out, nobody knows, but it's.
Speaker 1: Coming apparently possibly maybe.
Speaker 2: This is in the script. I don't know what they will be. Perhaps she'll go and try and break up. Because he got married in the end, not Julie Roberts to who he was supposed to get married to. He didn't stop the wedding. No, everything she did backfired and as he should do, made it look like a horrible person, which she was a horrible person in it. That's why sheby's news. So King Charles's launched his own range of beard grooming products made from a range of midge repellent plants found on his Balmoral estate. So he doesn't have a beard now, but in his youth he supported a bit of facial fuzz. Both Harry and William have beards now because at one point they were alads have beards the royal family. They had to be clean shape and unless they were doing something in the armed forces, they weren't allowed to.
Speaker 1: The Queen didn't. She never had a beard, No grew Victoria never had a bed. Elizabeth never had a beard.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think for a while it has been that the monarch doesn't have a bed. No, well, I don't think it applied to every monarch.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. Anyway, he's fifty thousand acre residents in Aberdeenshire, has got this collection of beard, all beard oils, washes and barms, and they're all made from stuff that grows on his estate because he's very into plants and herbs and all that kind of stuff. It's so it's been infused with wild bog Okay, wild bog myrtle, well known ingredient hand foraged from the grounds of the barb or of the state. But it's what's your job, Oh, I just gather the I just gather bog myrtle. That's my job. And apparently it's been used for centuries and centris to keep me away. So if you there's also signature sense. If you want to smell like Prince Charles. One's called the Laird Okay, which is a bright such a spice blend of pink, grapefruit, lemon, verbin, the beana and cinnamon, Rabina's favorite drink and cinnamon leaf and chieftain, a grounding mix of Norwegian for cedar wood and petuli inspired by the inspired by the Highland forests. If you want some of it. The organic beard oil is twenty five quid for for ye little jar okay, would you do you do? Do you beard oil? I do beard oil? Or if you want no, I'm not suching. The wash cost thirty two quid. Do you want to wash? You want to wash your bead? And an oil like it's going to cost you about fifty quid. Okay. It's a smell like Prince Charles. Yeah, like Prince Charles. And you can go on the website they have about moral website. It sounds all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 1: He's very big at reselling it and blessing people enjoy his wars.
Speaker 2: Yes, Camilla doesn't have anything. She hasn't got a range.
Speaker 1: I think she might have Amilla candle.
Speaker 2: Do you think I don't think she does? Smells he ford gin and for cash to use that. No, well she doesn't smoke anymore. No, she's smoking. Yeah, still, thanks Lee, What are you bringing those after the break?
Speaker 1: Min Well, I'm going to be talking about saying the wrong thing at the worst possible time.
Speaker 2: To stay right there. Welcome back to chewing the cord now, Mike, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time is an autobiographical thing for you, I believe.
Speaker 1: No. So have you ever said something at the wrong time?
Speaker 2: Always? What one sad woman when she was jew uh huh not pregnant? Okay, that was awkward. There was no way of getting out. Please, you've already done that. Asked for a hand on belly. No, no, I do not touch people. When do you do? Not pregnant? Okay? No, I didn't just went jelly belly billy. No, I didn't do that. I just good. There was no way. I just went I'm really sorry. I'm just gonna go and run across the road in front. Didn't run anywhere, I know. I just went, Wow, Okay, Gregg loves you. I don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: This is a story about a gentleman who was at the altar and actually said his.
Speaker 2: Ex girlfriend's name of friends no, it's not so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So as they were getting married, he said to his fiance slash wife borderline Rebecca, I take thee Sarah.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think. Her reaction was, well, she's she's laughing there, she did, she laughed.
Speaker 1: He said he got confused. He got confused because her middle name was Sarah.
Speaker 2: Oh that he had been stopping Sarah before the wedding. Well, he had not seen her for ten years. Okay, And was she in the was she the audience and the audience? Yeah, she was in the audience. Was she invited to the way? Was she in the congregation? Congregation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it was a civil service, as by the beautiful background she was.
Speaker 2: So she didn't she didn't take offense to it. She didn't take offense to it.
Speaker 1: But there have been calls for her to divorce him.
Speaker 2: Because it's a red flag apparently. Well, weddings are really, I would imagine, really a stressful situation because you've got everybody watching you. You don't have to have everybody watching people. You could imagine, you know, Well, it's something that they can sort out themselves, isn't it. We don't know who they are. We're not invested.
Speaker 1: So yeah, when they said do you take Rebecca Sarah to he went, I take these Sarah.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so that there were names Sarah had been said yes, and it just well whatever people make mistake, they.
Speaker 1: Do like getting married. But yeah, she left it off. They both thought it was hilarious and she's actually around and said, right, you owe me a proper wedding now, which I think is a dig for it being a register of.
Speaker 2: Portrayed.
Speaker 1: I know this was very expensive, but yeah, people were saying, oh, it's awful. It's a big red, big red flag. It doesn't respect your divorcing. She was upset about it. She could have just gone, I don't take thee and walked actually now not having it now, I just walked out.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: But she was and then her gay friend in the wedding cultural appropriation.
Speaker 2: That would have been good. It would have been good. It would have been different, would have been unique.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about little babbits, little rabbit, little rabbits?
Speaker 2: I mean they had a flavor to a cat, a role of a winter's evening. Have you ever cooked rabbit? No? No, eaten rabbit once?
Speaker 1: I think, gamey, gamey, that means that ladder burdock. So yeah, there's rabbits have been found right with with an unusual feature.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't like this story. What if it's Is it the one the mutant rabbits? Okay, it is the mutant rabbit? Oh okay, right, okay, now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so strange Frankenstein bunnies right with huge growth it is.
Speaker 2: I hate I'm not looking at it. It's horrible. Yeah, teased me in.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they've identified these characterized tumors, of course, by sharp palmer violence or CPRV, which is triggered by insect bites.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. You don't like it. It's it reminds me of that program, The Last of Us, you know, the people.
Speaker 1: Let's take that picture off, let's take it away. Take it that's better.
Speaker 2: I hate you. I hate it here.
Speaker 1: So apparently the rabbits have developed black horn like jurors. Apparently they're deeply unsettling.
Speaker 2: It is deep. I can't look at it.
Speaker 1: And they're transmitted via mosquitoes or ticks, and they're normally harmless unless they stop eating or vision, so they're just growing.
Speaker 2: They get over it. Does it hurt? I don't like it.
Speaker 1: They're just they're characterized so that they're just like humory kind of things.
Speaker 2: Horns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rabbits can survive and even recover, so that's good. So it's like an get a bitten by a midgie and your arm swells up. That's what's happened there. It's just very very big swelling, black swelling and point like a thing. And the concerning thing, of course, is the transmissibilf to human.
Speaker 2: Side of stuff.
Speaker 1: So what people are saying is that if you do get bitten by a mosquito and you do start to notice that it's growing, it's not transmisible.
Speaker 2: There was many questions and I was like, what by a rabbit that's been bitten by a or bitten by a mosquito and you know growing the mosquito or the bite on your arm like mosquito.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not. The fribes cannot affect humans at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't, I just don't. I think it's really scary.
Speaker 1: It's really scary. I mean, it's it's a natural thing. It happens, it's an infection. It's not pretty.
Speaker 2: Can they it's in America, isn't the UK in Scotland all over.
Speaker 1: I don't because it's all over the place. See what they have one is they have what people with rabbits as pets.
Speaker 2: To just be aware that these mosquitoes pet rabbit. I thought it was a wild rabbit.
Speaker 1: Well, they are in wild rabbits, but pet rabbits are obviously rabbits.
Speaker 2: So if you could go up in the morning and your pet rabbit is like fungus head, oh, I'm not happy with that. It's not like the different animal. I don't have a rabbit. I'm just not happy in general.
Speaker 1: What's the difference between a wild rabbit and discussed a little wild rabbit and a domesticated rabbit if it's in a casion your gardener.
Speaker 2: But kind of like that, you can think, oh, it's just like a natural illness and the wild it's natural. But no, no, no, would you let me move on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you feel about tumors on rabbits? Talking of tumors, he's making news again for his words, but for his doings is poops. Oh no no, the front doings.
Speaker 2: Front doings is genitalia and what.
Speaker 1: He does with them. There's been a gentleman smoothies, a gentleman who is saying, I am ELS's lone lost son.
Speaker 2: To be fair, it could be true because he's had a lot of children by lots of different people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is the first in question. There is a family resemblance.
Speaker 2: There uncanny.
Speaker 1: Right now, the forty year old kenyanman has basically he's gone viral saying he's Elon Musk's son. Right, he's saying he's the firstborn because apparently was conceived after his mother had a brief fling with a twenty year old Elon Musk in the early nineties.
Speaker 2: How old is Elon Musk? Now, right, let's just do do the maths again. This forty year old, he's forty.
Speaker 1: He's forty said that his mother had a fling with a twenty year old Elon Musk in the nineteen nineties. I don't do that, okay, So just tell me the age twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know. Thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: Is nineteen ninety five, So forty years ago is nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: Just numbers. Just tell me he was twelve. Maths doesn't work. It couldn't have.
Speaker 1: Couldn't worked because he would have actually been born a full set of of No. No, this forty year old would have had to have been born ten years before he's saying he was conceived.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, whoo right.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are saying that the images are AI generated, right because the distortions in the images. El Almost has publicly acknowledged fourteen children, none of which fit into this gentleman's story.
Speaker 2: So it's like that dude that keeps saying is Prince Charles is the lamate son, and he looks like he's old. What are you laughing at? Did you hear what I just said about Prince Harry? He said, that's my daddy. Illegitimates what happened. He's right, ginger right, the old dude that keeps saying, I'm Prince Charles is a legitimate son, and he's like two years older than or too younger than Prince King Charles. Sorry.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so definitely going to most likely be a lie.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not a thing you would want to boast about as the richest man in the world. Well there is that, and he will have to die soon. Well, he'll be lying soon, He'll be a head in a bottle of bleach from aldehyde bottle. Of bleach rama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you want to be almost head in a bottle of bleach. But yeah, that's all that we have from the show this week. Thank you for watching. I will see you all soon.
Speaker 2: So do you have any illegitimate kids that you're aware of