Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. If I sound as if I have a little bit lower energy today with the pod, that is for good reason. We got the soft We got the ten k horse. Find no other people are soft. We have the ten k horse final table playing out over there about fifty feet away from us. Don't want to upset those players.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you said fifty? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why is that too far? Too short? It's probably like one hundred what huh?
Speaker 2: Wait? How long is the foot? Jeez? Twelve guys, seriously, seriously different measurements summer in our country.
Speaker 1: How long have you been in America?
Speaker 2: A long time? It's less than fifty.
Speaker 1: I'll take all the money on it.
Speaker 2: Are we taking them to the fence rail to the table.
Speaker 1: From this table to that table? All the money? I'm telling you it's it's deceptive. Yeah, maybe just trust me on this way.
Speaker 2: I'm going to measure.
Speaker 1: Just trust me this measuring up. But don't want to upset those players as they're playing, you know, And it's one of the reasons why is there's just not a lot going on in this room today. I mean right this second, the millionare maker is on break, so there's a little bit more commotion, but not a whole ton going on. It's that final table and it's the mixed triple draw and that's it. So don't want to be screaming in here too loud upset those players, So we'll keep things a little bit more toned down as best we can. Might get excited at some points, you know, I do have something that I want to talk about that you know, kind of made me mad that you know, I might get heated about. But you know, other than that, other than that, we'll keep it cool.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: On the show, we got Dennis Weiss winning the Dennis Weis winning the twenty five k p LO, his largest career score by a million miles. Matt Vangren wins the fifteen hundred dollars PLO, finally gets his first bracelet. Samuel Rossboro took down the fifteen hundred dollars freeze out. The Seniors Championship final table is set. Seven players remain. Ten k horse final table, the one that I just talked about is playing out. That is going on right now. Will update you as we go there. That is a four day event, so that one's not going to finish today unless some sort of miracle happens. Of course, the Millionaire Maker, the Mixed Triple Draw in the fifty k PLO are also running today. We'll touch on that we got the first wsop dot Com online to live hybrid final table that is taking place on Saturday. We'll touch on that the players that made it to that final table. And then there is some uh, some controversy that I want to that I want to get into, you know, something that uh, I feel like I got something to say and this is my platform to say it, so I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: All right, Cool Cool.
Speaker 1: If you love poker but you don't want to spend a dime, get on play Poker Go. It's free to play. It is super easy to jump into, and yes, it actually does feel like real poker other than that guy who busted me yesterday with the jack two suited. What is that guy? I mean, clearly they're just gunning for me because I made a whole thing about it. But you know, it is what it is. But don't play like that for too often because you're gonna lose all those tips back, real players, real hands, real fun. They got ring games on play poker Go. They have tournaments, they have sit and goes. It's all there. Those sitting goes. By the way, I've said it before, I'll say it again, they are now no gamble, no future themed. So hit up play poker go dot com. You can also get the app on iOS and Android, and we will see you at the tables. Dennis Weiss twenty five k PL winner. There were five players remaining coming into today's final table. What the device was up on top of all of them? He ended up riding that chip lead all the way to the winner circle for almost two point three million dollars. He topped a field of four hundred and eighty nine injuries, which I believe was a record setter in this event. I was looking at the past years in terms of field size. Last year four seventy six, twenty twenty three had four to forty nine, and then before that it was in the two hundreds. That's a big jump, but it was It probably has to do with like a re entry or something. Maybe they allowed three and they only allowed two. Maybe it was a freeze out. I mean, that's what I'm thinking. I mean it could have just jumped. Obviously, PLO as hot as ever right now, so it definitely could have jumped by basically double from twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three. But I didn't look too deep into the structure sheets and all that sort of stuff. But yeah, I mean, PLO just keeps soaring, especially at the high buy in price point. It is Vice's second WSOP gold bracelet. He won a five K euro event a PLO event WSP Europe in twenty twenty four. This is by far his biggest live tournament score. I think it was a right around three hundred and seventy five K entering this event. He's a German player, yeah, winnings, total winnings, and I think his biggest score was that bracelet win, which was around one one hundred seventy and eighty K. German player specializes in PLO Shocker on the twenty five K PLO high Roller. But I did think it was interesting that reading through the Poker News recap and Winter story, how he said that he's a cash game player and that's how he kind of planned his career in a way. But now he started playing tournaments not too long ago. He's already won two bracelets, you know that five KPLO in Europe and now this one one of the biggest and most preceid just Pielo bracelets ever. And now he's like, you know what, maybe I'm a tournament player. Yeah, kind of kind of feels to me a little bit like latarro Guera esque in terms of like guy who's a cash game player that's what he's known for, but then gets into the tournament streets obviously does very well. This one, of course, two point three million dollars vice beat Mickey Duek in Heads Up Play Duek is. He's he's starting to, you know, put together a nice little resume, nice little career. I know everyone remembers Mickey Duack for third place finish in the WSP MANIV for four million dollars the year that espen georget had won.
Speaker 2: Who finished in the second place. My boy, atin bor that's right, easy question.
Speaker 1: Where's he been? He's like, not around.
Speaker 2: I believe he was in Montreal to play some like WSP second event, like just before the World Series. I think I saw his name in like the Adrian Attinborough. Yeah, I think I saw his name of the chip counts over there. So that's why he who tanked for nineteen minutes. On one hand, we'll play. Remember that you have to take your time and make the right decision. He did not make the right He did not make the right decision that I remember minutes. He needed twenty minutes to make the right decision.
Speaker 1: I remember that was such an epicand I remember that we were starting to talk about we might need to intervene because the delay with it catch up. Could you imagine like, hey, buddy, you got to act in your hand or people going to see what you got. So, but Mickey Duck second place for one point five to eight million. He has a third place finish in the ten k POO Championship the same year that he took third place in the main event. So he had third place in the main event that year for four million, and then right before that third place in that plo event for seven hundred and seven and fifty k something like that. Also this year, Mickey Dueck cash in the twenty five k half and half. So Mickey Duick is really starting to put together the results. Jeff Hakeem third place for just over a million. It was a masterclass in laddering up second badfor yeah, and it extends back to day three, play two, like you know, towards the end he was kind of short, you know, but as they do in the ICM world, folding makes you more money than actually playing hands, and Jeff Hakim did it and got a seven figure square out of it. Evan Krenzman got fourth, seven hundred and fifty K for him and then taalaal Shakerchi five hundred and thirty nine K. He was the first to go on today, day four, the final day of play, and I would guess he wanted more, right but ultimately things didn't really work out for him and he was out the door in fifth on day three. We did lose phil Ivy at the death as some might say, right at the end of play for the day, three hundred ninety four thousand for Ivy, najem Aes seventh place for two hundred ninety three K, and Latar Guerre who we just mentioned two hundred and twenty one K for him for eighth place. This was a PGT qualifying event, my man, So what the heck did this do to the standings?
Speaker 2: The way on the champ straight up to thirteenth place. This was his second cash at the World Series so far, cashed in the ten k Bigo I believe, but he's thirteenth. Mickey Duek tenth place nine hundred and seventy seven points is his fourth cash. You have mentioned the half An Harvey cash during I believe it was the p Loo series and I think once in the Mixed Game series. We saw him in the twenty five game. Yeah, it was a little round him, but so uh, he's look.
Speaker 1: Out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Mickeys is playing absolutely nowhere. Four cashes, his tenth place. They were the big changes on the top of the leaderboard. Little min cashes, but hey, every cash helps. Alex Foxon he moved up to seventeen o four, the Grano crept up to Nick Shrman. He's now in fourteen seventy China. Reem got to cash to thirteen twenty seven Shureman and Nograno eighteen cashes this season, Nick with his one WSB braced away in the Grano two wins. I believe. I'm kind of guessing here, but I think the record for most cashs PGT season was I think it was a twenty five or twenty six, so they've come out hot, very hot to start the year. We're barely halfway through it. You know, thirty cash is definitely not out of possibility. Forty cashes maybe, you know, So we'll see what happens. But there are, yeah, knocking on the door of overtaking Alex fuxon there in first place.
Speaker 1: Matt Vangren getting his first bracelet, and listen, I put a lot of emphasis on Matt Vangren winning his first bracelet because he has a second, a second, a second, a third, a fourth, a fourth, a fifth, a sixth, a sixth and another sixth, two ninth and a tenth. This yeah, all all in wisipy events. I didn't go further than tenth, but that's I quickly before I closed the page on his Hendo mob profile, shout out the hendimob dot com.
Speaker 2: But he I think I saw a.
Speaker 1: Couple of thirteenths, Like I mean, he's always deep, yeah, always always. Finally, good old Plattsburgh, as he was known back in the online poker heyday three hundred and six thousand dollars for him. He topped the field of fifteen hundred and sixty four entries in the fifteen hundred dollars PLO tournament. He defeated Bryce Yachi in heads up play Puna Punsrie. Another final table for him, third place, Keenan Lou fourth place, Jacob Schneider fifth place, Matthew Beck sixth place, Anti martin In seventh place, Tomer not Benvenue, c Daniel third ker eighth place. That's good now, I mean that's his new nickname though, and Jason Stockfish finishing in nine. So shout out to Matt Vangren for winning that one. He's always here the w SP. He's always grinding. If you did pick up some of his action on poker steak dot com, you're probably feeling pretty good about things. I know he often posts pretty much all of his events. I think you know, I always see a bunch of events from Matt Vangron on Poker Steak, so shout out to him. Samuel Rossborough from one two no limit hold them cash games to winning the fifteen hundred dollars freeze out at the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker we talked about on the last episode, Tim mentioned how he's a one two Nolan holdhom cash player came out. He played the one K super Turbo Bounty had a deep run tenth place for seventeen K plus some bounties, so call it twenty K. Now he wins this freeze out for four hundred and ten thousand dollars, Holy hell.
Speaker 2: One two games going to be lit back in Houston.
Speaker 1: He did, He did say. He told Poker News afterwards that, like, I mean, I guess I'm just kind of have to play more tournaments now. Yeah, he specifically mentioned, of course, you know, as you would expect he's going to get in the main event. You know, didn't really probably came out here, take a couple of shots, play a one K, play fifteen hundred, you know whatever, played maybe some other small stuff, but then you go and win over four hundred thousand dollars. It's just game on, right, absolutely game on. Ashra Khoneff second place, Michael Rosito, third place, Pott Punjaro, Jannah Cool. I think I smashed that last name, who I believe is known as Tea Pot.
Speaker 2: I believe he has.
Speaker 1: His social media handle. Fourth place for him, Eric Berman, fifth, Brian Mccoli sixth place, Carlos Kanil seventh, Charlie Cuff eighth, and Julio Baluccio ninth place there in the free zone.
Speaker 2: I got. We'll start about this free zone. Yeah, let's go sorty A tweet this one I think you put in the group chat about uh, the ship counts being wrong due to a colorop place for freaking out, people are freaking out. Yep. I believe it was Michael Rosito that was the one. And uh, you know the tweet game from Adam Hendrick. Yeah, I didn't want to call him out, but Adam Hendrix.
Speaker 1: I mean, he put it on social media.
Speaker 2: He has deleted it since, but he has is he was wrong. I forwarded it to you know, our little W S P t D group chat with all the TV's. Yeah, they already were on top of it, figuring it out. They're calling security from the nine. You know, this is twelve hours earlier, so they're calling security. That checking camera is check the three seat on this table, and you know that he thinks he's this short blah blah blah. Chips don't add up. They opened the bags. They opened the rest of the bags, and you know what, let's.
Speaker 1: Just let's just count, let's just let's just you know, do yes.
Speaker 2: The chips a kind of butchered his chip count, and that was the issue there. Issue solved. Asha kind of cannot count it was it was. It was Michael Rosito thought he might have been short changed because of the chip short because he had at one point he had a lot of chips I remember seeing racked up for the color up, so he thought it might have been there. They played obviously, played two hours after the color up, so there's not much you can really recreate this, especially if you're moving all in and all that kind of stuff. But yeah, the culprit was actually kind of just, you know, it is one am, two am here, long day of poker. You could easily, do you know, twenty three million becomes twenty seven million or whatever it might be. But solved. But there was a little issue, a little bit of a worry this morning before play kicked off. But all fine now.
Speaker 1: Seniors Championship Final table seven players remain from a field of seven thy five hundred and seventy five. They are guaranteed one hundred and ten thousand, five hundred and eighty one dollars up top almost six hundred and fifty four thousand dollars. Dennis Carlson has the lead Brett Limb behind him, Jose Bowlkey, next, Jason Reels, Elon Leipovich, Lawrence Rabbi, and Menish Mauden has four big blinds to start the final table. Carlson up on top as ninety nine big blinds. Brett Limb has ninety big blinds. Everyone at this final table, all final seven players are one. They're going for their first wspy bracelet and no one has a bracelet. Two. It is their largest career score. That's coore right, So that's cool. So Carlson is making his third w SIP cash, Brett Limb is making his first WSP cash Bowloky, second w s P cash Reels sixth w SP cash. So I guess he's the most experienced first, sorry, second most experienced player. I'll get to who is the most experienced player in the second at least as it relates to WSP cash. Is Lepovic first WSP cash for him, Robbie or Rabi eighth WSP cash for him? Who we talked to? He comes walking out of our little production room and this guy is like, hey, hey, hey, hey, poker girl, poker girl, poke girl.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what are we gonna.
Speaker 1: Show you, guys?
Speaker 2: Looking. I've seen you around. You look important. Do you know much about this Poker Ghost stuff. I'm like, like, what are we gonna get? We gonna know a lot? What do you what's up?
Speaker 1: Basically, he just wanted to know, like what the deal was when the streams are, it's how people can watch it. You know what, what was the deal with the delay? We'll whole cards be shown, all that sort of stuff. So we filled them in. But first I was like, I was about to walk away. I was about to be like, this guy works for probably I do know. And then money Schmauden sixth w sup cash for him. So really cool stuff there. This will be streaming on Saturday. The stream starts at three pm Vegas time, six pm if you're on the East coast again, that will be on Poker Go. We'll be on the Poker Go YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: I was a little worried about this event. You know, they didn't play long today, nineteen down to five. I played two hours. Yeah, I went, you know, I told Sean, hey, we're going to bag them up with seven, no problems. He made the announcement kind of went up, those guys come back one forty five, et cetera. I thought we're going to hear a little bit of like, no, come on, let us play. You know, one guy's obviously got four big blinds. The guy that celebrated the most that we were bagging up and streaming this final table was the guy with the four big blinds. So they seemed all pretty happy, excited. You know, they were like asking a lot of questions and you know, making sure their chips are good. But no, I think this is a pretty fun bunch and on Saturday, I think hopefully it's a very entertaining final table.
Speaker 1: Ten k horse final table. This is what I was hinting at.
Speaker 2: Got it? I got it? I mean, never happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean it's just okay, what do you want me to say?
Speaker 2: I got the idea, squaesh, that was my original plan. That's audible to the stacked ten K hoss champions.
Speaker 1: We don't need to audible. Just do this after you do the seniors. The seniors is not going to take that long. It never does, sure, end of story. I mean, that is that is what should happen. Let's push for it, right. I mean, this is a very very stacked final table. This is obviously one of the most prestigious bracelets of the summer four hundred and fifty two thousand dollars up top. There are currently seven players remaining. You know, we won't get into this too much because you know, we'll tell you who's left. But things could change right now while we're on the podcast, and then they're obviously going to change before tomorrow. But currently speaking, Jason Mercier is the chip leader, going for number seven. I feel like I feel like that's like a theme people getting the number seven. It is, you know, right, So so that that said, he's just gonna win, right, Like, that's how it works.
Speaker 2: Well, let's who else got six then, because wouldn't that be the we should just be side betting everyone with six races exactly. You look that up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna got the rest of these names. Max Schindler currently and second. Scott sever is also there. He's got seven already, he's going to under eight. Christopher Tong, Bradley Rubin, he's got five, so he could win two this summer, right, Alex Livings two race, let's get two more. Marco Johnson is currently the short stack. You just want a pot to double up out there, So he's in there in the mix as well these players. This is scheduled as a four day event, not scheduled to finish today again, unless a miracle happens, but it's very likely that this one is going to run over into Saturday, and then that's when it will finish on Saturday.
Speaker 2: All right, sir, he has three names?
Speaker 1: How many are there?
Speaker 2: Are? There? Only three to twelve?
Speaker 1: Twelve?
Speaker 2: Gonna give you the three names that consensus number one picks to win number seven? Okay, your boy Shawnde, Well, he's was gonna be the second pick. Jeremie Osmas got it, okay, shown Day would be pick number two. Josh Josh Aria would be pick number three. And I think how many does Mickey Appleman have here? Is five? I would put Mercier. I would put Mercier next, and then follow that by probably Brian Hastings. Mickey Applin has got four. Oh I thought it was five. So yeah, a lot of good play. There's obviously a lot more players with six races. Jeff Losandro, Michael Msraah.
Speaker 1: He where's Where'sjeffless Handra?
Speaker 2: He's been playing find the Anti.
Speaker 1: I'll take your hit.
Speaker 2: I think he learned to anti. Yeah, he's been around making sure. But yeah, a lot of good players with six looking to join that seven gold bracelet club.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about this million maker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the flight might be finished. Let me might be finished. There's two legals left, I believe.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, the registration might be closed, but I don't think the flight's finished. It's only ten to fifty. We didn't say the time. We didn't say the time right now. It's ten fifty one pm early.
Speaker 2: For us, very early. We wanted to go.
Speaker 1: Say, it feels like it's two am, last.
Speaker 2: Last level right now, fifty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's still fifty minutes yeah, yeah, but it's close.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So today is day one C of the million Maker. So what is registration closed?
Speaker 2: Now? Though? Yes? Yes? Is that the number correct in the rondo? Yeah? Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: So three thousand, five hundred and seventeen today, So they are up to what are they up to? I think seventy.
Speaker 2: Seventy six hundred. I think it's closer to seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Did you do the math?
Speaker 2: And I just quickly looked at it. So who's going to be closer? Me? Three? Five, one, seven?
Speaker 1: Wow, you are seven five seven seven.
Speaker 2: Look at that, and thus I hit a wrong button.
Speaker 1: All right, seven five seven seven, I said, over twelve thousand, So we're gonna get a big ass field on Saturday, which I honestly think that I think that.
Speaker 2: They can get A question you might join dead.
Speaker 1: I honestly think that they could get it. They are still slightly I mean, they're kind of behind pace, but again they have that extra flight and what I say they're behind pace again, I compare last year's one A to this year's one B, last year's one B to this year's one CY, and both of those are down a little bit. But they did have sixteen hundred and twelve entries from one A to help make up for that. So, you know, we'll see what Saturday brings. I expect it to be enormous. Some might say massive, but yeah, I think it'll obviously be a very good field. Last year in this event, there was a total of ten thousand, nine hundred and thirty nine. I think they're they're set to break that. You know, they have that almost six seventy six hundred right now. As long as they basically get the same field that they got today, then they'll pass it. So I think that that that's a lock. So very cool there, and.
Speaker 2: We'll run through some of these chip leaders real quick that I can recognize Ludavi sixteen chips.
Speaker 1: He always he always stacks up big chips in like these big field whether it be PLO or no limit.
Speaker 2: He's always rye checks, David Moses, Brian Green. This wants from Mickey duff Ekron buzz Cut, Matt Glance, of course, of course, absolutely, of course that's yeah, that's kind of the tough people in the top fifties. All right, cool, that is the Millionaire Maker. You know, we'll have a bit more coverage on this probably starting Sunday. You know, we'll obviously run through the numbers and stuff on a Saturday, but once all the fields, the remaining players combined today too, we have a better feel on the chip counce, who's in, who's going deep, what's the prize, well, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll dig a bit deeper into the Millie Maker. The mixed triple Draw that is a twenty five hundred dollars buy an event. It is badoogie. It is ace to five triple draw and it is deuced to seven triple draw that is going on right now. It's the only other event happening in this room. When I last checked, there were four tables remaining. Let's check in now see how they're doing. How many are over there?
Speaker 2: Now? They don't break and there is twenty four players left. So it looks like our boy got wrecked. Oh god, it's not good? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Could be look in the app? Please look in the app because this this smells like could be missing a zero?
Speaker 2: Please he did win that pot? That will please be missing a zero? What love?
Speaker 1: If they're missing a zero? We're talking about John Shorman, who's no.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: John Shorman is deep in the money, close to getting the bonus when you get to the top eighteen.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's only got big bet. Yeah if that, there's twenty four players left, so just got to fade six more. Let's go, John, spin it up, baby, Let's let's go. Four hundred and sixty three entries in this one, two hundred and eighth thousand and five one hundred dollars up top. As I mentioned, they are all in the money. It looks like Skyler Thornton is the chip leader, but he's neck and neck based on these chip counts with David bakes Baker. David od b Baker did cash, but David bakes Baker is still in Renon Bruski is also charging hard. George Alexander doing well, Chino Reem has a lot of chips over there, 've all Bronstein is in the field. Benny Glauser going for number three this summer, still in the mix. Ben Yu is out there battling. Johnny Becker also out there. So fun field in that one, fun event overall, and a big first place prior is this one? Plan is to play down as far as they can today gets to maybe a final table, and then they'll come back on Saturday and they will wrap it up the fifty k pot limit Omaha high Roller. Where are they at in this one? Are they done for the day? Finally?
Speaker 2: It should be?
Speaker 1: I felt like they played extra long.
Speaker 2: Maybe they started late, says play concludes eight minutes ago.
Speaker 1: I always felt like these high rulers got done at like eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: This one, this one could have started too.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's yeah, maybe it started later.
Speaker 2: Sixty two remaining from the one forty eight entrance from day one.
Speaker 1: All right, can you look at the chip counts or are those not ready?
Speaker 2: And looking at the Poconese chip counts looks like chip later he win this event before? Did he win the twenty five k? Think he won the twenty five ye Alex Fox and second and chips free. Jaton was up there showing Winter, Arthur Marris, literally everyone you know that plays plows.
Speaker 1: Livy, Nick Shulman, Seldwick.
Speaker 2: Ben Lamb, Let's check you what how about your boys? Jared Blesnik No Seth No. I didn't see Seth in there today, but he might late. Reg Osmus it says like average ish.
Speaker 1: It says for to ten, but he had for ten like an hour an hour and a half ago, so I don't think that updated yet. But of course it's still early in this one, and it looks like they have one hundred and forty eight entries so far. Registration will remain open for a couple levels on day two. On Saturday. Last year in this tournament, one hundred and eighty seven entries. Did Brent Hanks just walk in? I'm pretty sure Brent Hanks just walked in me. Jason Mercier, That does make sense, yes, absolutely wild stuff. The WSP Online thirty two hundred dollars high role. This is the first of those online to live hybrid final tables. Why don't you run us through what's going on with this one? The final table is going to play out on Saturday live here at the horsesh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two pm. CODs are in the air for this final table. Eight players left there all guarantee twenty six thousand dollars first prize, two hundred and fifty three thousand and a WSP got bracest and this is going to be a good one, okay, Adria Matteas, Alex Kooleev, Anthony who Georgia's slot?
Speaker 1: He made one mill two of them? Yeah, I remember that now.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Douckler, Jeffrey Fritz, Rohan Seant Gingeria, and Alan Sternberg are the final eight. Kulev and Mataos are the chip leaders.
Speaker 1: Few people can hear what's going on. I don't really I was worried about being quiet. I mean it sounds like freaking.
Speaker 2: I think we're both up our Volumember finds the twenty K, forty K thirty minute levels. Alex Kolev, Yeah, chip leader two point three million in chips, Mataos two point two million, so this is going to be a good one. Some high class poker players here. We've got Mataos going for his fifth bracelet. We're Georgios going for his fifth bracelet. Cool of his second, Anthony who his first, and I think Sternberg might have one already. So either way, great final table and this is the first of I think five or six of these this world series. Yeah, two PM CODs in the year. I believe on the main stage. They're going to get the main stage. Okay, yeah, two things I wanted to hit on.
Speaker 1: One has to do with the million Maker, So I apologize for kind of going back in time. It looks like there's like nineteen security guards just walked in as.
Speaker 2: They should, ruining podcasts.
Speaker 1: But this is from Ray Henson. He said he was playing the Millionaire Maker, and Martin Cabrell, good old Martin Cabrell, stood up and yelled, who wants to be a millionaire, And like, you know, people are kind of raising their hands and saying yes exactly, and then he says, well, not me, because I'm a billionaire.
Speaker 2: He is so good. I'm doing belief on my Mark bref that one needs to be on the T shirt that you suggested.
Speaker 1: So now in line with that, the world here as a poker posted on Twitter earlier today, they said, with the twenty twenty sorry, with the twenty twenty five doubasipy halfway through, who's making the biggest splash this summer? And they gave four pole options. Number one the gran New multiple final tables, Number two Cabrel, wild Table Talk, number three, Bowlman, Poy Chip leader, and then number four is other name in the comments Benny, no Victa. I cannot believe they did not name Benny Glausser for winning two bracelets already and Victor Blom I did not. I cannot believe those weren't in there now that said this is a runaway Martin Cabrell. Yet, Martin Cabrell is not winning the poll. He's not winning the pole. It is forty four point eight percent Forranhu, it is forty two point three percent for Cabrel. This should be run Cabrell is stealing the headlines, stealing the headlines.
Speaker 2: I got a story about Martin Cabrell.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What do you think about the.
Speaker 2: It's mont Cabrell. I mean, this is this is this Paul is just blasphemy.
Speaker 1: I mean you got you got dead Spin writing about Martin Cabrell. Yeah, I mean it's like this is he's stealing the show.
Speaker 2: You know it was mine Cabrell that filmed the video at Joker stars of Adrian Peterson and Joe the Plumber. Did you know that? Stop? Stop? I gotta read this, this, this, this, uh, this story to you. I got to Instagram. Do you ever check your like you're hidden? I mean, I said once in a while. Instagram all the time, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I know, But but there's the there's like this west one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I don't always check them, but sometimes I'll go in there and a lot of it's just spam. You know, it's whatever you should because I run the poker gro social media. Oh, I sometimes looking at a whole bunch of shit, so I get them something.
Speaker 2: I get a lot. Look, you know, I get a lot of podcast listeners at time sending stuff. So I appreciate all you. If you want to message me, Damn's open. I got one and I said, hey, Tim, I love your content on poker. I didn't realize you directed it. I don't, but yeah, I was in peaces watching Martin on the two hundred and fifty K day two stream. Absolutely brilliant. Hopefully get to meet you next week. When I play, I was like, is this one of those like bought accounts?
Speaker 1: I it sounds very bodied.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I engaged to gauge the response because the response is normally when his buddy and he it was it's a she. That's why I thought it was more of about that. Sorry, I should have let it that. She continued. He's absolutely brilliant. I think between me and him, we can become the next toxic players in poker because I like to talk as much as he does. So Min Cabrell might have a missus Cabrell coming out to the WSP soon to doesn't already have as he does, but like another you know another one.
Speaker 1: All right, So I want to hit on this story that I saw well, I saw it on social media. I also saw it on pokernews dot com. The pokernews dot com headline reads, male poker player sparks controversy after w s AP Ladies Champs satellite win. So to summarize the article written by Elliott Thomas over at pokernews dot com, Albert Ing, who is an experienced player, and I mean I used to see him at the run at once or run it Up, Yeah, years ago, but it's been around. He's been playing. He won a online satellites to the WASIP Ladies Championship. He beat fifty one entries. He won a thousand dollars seat to the event. I believe it was one seat guaranteed, and he ended up winning it. The satellite had no gender restrictions, which is similar to the actual event because the actual event is officially listed as a ten thousand dollars buy in, and then women get in for one thousand dollars, so they get a nine thousand dollars discount. W SIP policy does require male entrants who win a seat to play to play in this to pony up the extra at nine thousand on top of that one k to pay that full ten thousand, So I believes he did tweet out that if he does decide to play, that he would have to pay the full ten not just the full or not just the one k, and if he doesn't, I think they said that they're going to remove him from play. Now. Shout out to Poker News because they found ing I think playing the Millionmaker and went up and talked with him or tried to talk to him, and he told Poker News that he quote fires at everything and then but he wouldn't say if he knew that the satellite was specifically for the Lady's event or not. And I mean what I got out of that the way that he also said that, like he declines to comment further, but he did state I guess that he has no plans to play the event. Now here's what I'll say. One is, did you know? Like how do you not know? Like okay, if if you're just like max entering like all this different stuff, Okay, I mean you have to know at some point, right you have to be like, oh what am I playing for in this tournament?
Speaker 2: Because that might be off you've already registered?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, okay, that's fine. After you already register. Oh shit, I messed up, Like okay, punt the stack off? What was the mine? One hundred bucks? I mean, I mean, why you need to punt it off? Because you're a guy and doing this is incredibly stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean that's why. I mean, I mean, let's just talk about this in general, and it has to do with really like the WSP Ladies Championship, which is in my opinion, I think it's a flagship event on the w SP schedule every single year. It's a flagship event in poker, especially for women in poker. It is meant to celebrate them on the biggest stage.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The game itself, as we have talked about for many, many, many years, it is still overwhelmingly male. But the event, like the WSP Ladies Championship, that is their time to shine, right And this year you got Albert here, who again is an experienced player, has been around for many years. He gets into this satellite, then he wins it. I mean even that, like even if you so let's say you let's say you don't know and you win. Okay, there's like multiple levels of like problems I guess I have here. Now, let's say you get into the satellite and you don't know and you just win the satellite. Okay, you just for some reason you you think, oh, I'm just playing a satellite whatever, it's for a random one K event, Okay, cool, I'll go on to win. After this happens. Let's say you don't realize it until poker news comes up to you. Why aren't you using that platform to be like, listen, guys, I messed up. I didn't mean to enter this. I want it anyway, forgive me. I'm forfeiting the seat. I would actually just like to buy so and so in or like, I don't know, somehow make it right. Okay, that's option one. Option two is, let's say you realize that this is a satellite for the Ladies Championship while you're playing it, I mean, punt the stack off, dude, like or just blind out because you're taking a seat away from a woman in that satellite. Like that's another problem, you know. And then there's the whole thing that if you registered, you know, knowingly ahead of that, like like so on all levels, it's kind of like there have been opportunities to at least make this right for what it's worth, and it hasn't happened yet, you know, when you're saying, like listen, I fire everything, and yeah, you're not gonna play it. But like, I don't know, it didn't really seem like there was an apology posted here in the Poker News article. I haven't seen anything about an apology, you know, I haven't seen anything where he's gonna maybe do something to make it right. Maybe that stuff is coming, but I don't know, I feel like that should have been done. You know, when when asked by Poker News, you can easily just address it there. Listen, guys, I screwed up. And oftentimes, and I've said this before on this podcast and I've said it on many podcasts in anything in life, if you really just apologize, everyone moves on. If you just say, like, listen, I affed up, I'm sorry, generally speaking, people just forget and move on. But when you don't do that for whatever reason, you know, people just kind of tend to harp on it more right, And that's kind of an issue now. Like I said, I would give him the benefit of the doubt for the most part. I just kind of like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But again, this doesn't really read like he's trying to make this right, and it's you know, it's frustrating, you know, just because it's now you and I both know. It's not about the rules, because I guess technically this is allowed, Like technically men can go play the women's event. Technically, yes, men can play the satellite, right, yeah, because you can't segregate things based on gender. You can segregate it based on age, which is why you're allowed to have the seniors event, the Super Seniors and that sort of stuff, but you can't do it for gender. That's why they have the rule where if you are a man, you know, and you play, it's ten thousand dollars to buy in for one thousand.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I also have always wondered, why don't they just make it one hundred thousand for the men a million for the men, like, you know, like, why isn't something so astronomical that no one can do it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I always thought about that. Now going back to those rules, it's not about the damn rules. It's really about the respect. It is about the spirit of the event. The spirit of this event is for women to play. Okay, so stop ruining it, all the guys out there, for like, for the love of God, just stop ruining it.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Whether it's the satellite, whether it's the actual event, it's just a dick thing to do. It really is, you know, And we need to stop doing that sort of stuff. Allow the women to have their time to shine and do their thing and we just need to be better with it all.
Speaker 2: So like it's just ridiculous. Okay, I was going to try and stand up from in a way that looking at the WSP dot com lovy, I put up the lovey looking at this says satellite to WSP event na numba event. You know. Okay, so if the lovey is small on your computer, you might just see satellite to WSP event thirty three.
Speaker 1: Dollars for sure, sal ate like satellite.
Speaker 2: After that was what I'm saying. So I thought, okay, yeah, it says that in the titles kind of really get you can't really say that. So I was like, okay, yeah, maybe he just did registered and then he won the satellite yesterday, right, I mean I think, so, okay, so there's a lady's satellite today, Yeah, won by Vegas Life. She was she hopefully two Bullets won hers made events. Lady is a seat finishing down here in twenty ninth place.
Speaker 1: If it's got to be the same screen name, what is it?
Speaker 2: What's his screen name? Is it? Olbx chewy? Right? Two bullets?
Speaker 1: I mean come on, well, I mean come on, that's ridiculous like that, that is ridiculous that is absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So I think he's just, you know what, maybe he is hoping that, hey, look, I'm not going to play this event. Maybe I can convert the one case heat.
Speaker 1: Taking the seats away from the women that actually want to play that trying to get what I think she's thinking. But no, that is ridiculous. There are plenty of satellites that you can play. Stop doing this, dude, Like, why would you do that? Yeah, I mean, like that's just like ridiculous to me? Is that not ridiculous?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are we doing here? I mean, come on, like, I listen, I don't know all the rules and stuff on the ws AP's behalf, but like I feel like there has to be something that they can do. Like, it's just it is frustrating to see this happen over and over again, whether it is again a male playing in the events not now getting in these satellites. I mean, just come on, like, can we just stop with this? It's pretty silly. But yeah, I mean that's a good find by you, by the way. I mean, like, come on, there's plenty of events, Like, what are.
Speaker 2: We doing here?
Speaker 1: Seems crazy? But all right, that's my little rant about that whole thing. Do you have an opinion on it other other than no, I agree.
Speaker 2: With everything you've said. You know, I was trying to give you a little bit of a benefit of doabt in how the satellite was titled in the lobby, But it's I think it's fairly clear satellite in the WSP event seventy.
Speaker 1: Like listen, I will say that I I have misclicked tournaments on divsip dot com, but it's always kind of been like the lobby kind of like moves right away when I'm clicking, like whatever, Like so okay, maybe it can happen. Yes, now, I don't know. I still feel like at some point in a tournament you have to look at the lobby to be like, okay, like hey, like I've been playing for a while, what's first place? What am I playing for? When's the money? Is this a satellite? Is this a regular tournament? Because again, the strategies differ, so I feel like at some point you would become knowledgeable of what the heck is actually you're in, and then at that point you can make a decision yeap, and what's what's the buying two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean thirty three thirty three dollars. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I mean I think if you if you mess up and you're in there right then just just throw it, like just blind out or you know, raise all of your stack but ten chips and then like you know what I mean, like just just do something like that.
Speaker 2: Finding out is the best way. Side note though, uh poker content creator poke O Lama he may know he miss clicked registered a live event this World Series. He accidentally registered for the fifteen hundred limit hold Him tournament. He thought he was registering for a fifteen hundred no limit tournament, so he played that and he made a little video about that on his Instagram. But I thought that's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, all right, what else you got from me? You told me you got a community.
Speaker 2: I got a really quick community cards. You yelled at me yesterday about the note, taking your note on your phone and track making sure we're better at this, you.
Speaker 1: Know, And I was like, you know what, By the way, I needed to hit you with some breaking news. Breaking news guy John Shureman John Shruman survived a four wheel all into quadruple.
Speaker 2: Oh baby, John Shaman let's go.
Speaker 1: So I made he sent me by the way, he sent me the whole history about how he got crippled to thirty feet out. I need a ace to five. He three bets the button with deuced uice three five six. The opener calls and then draws three.
Speaker 2: God, these guys are bad. Who's the open, Benny?
Speaker 1: I know we did call people out, John, John draws one, catches a seven. His opponent check raises John three bets. He draws one. John's obviously pat with his seven. He check raises again, and then he pats. John puts the pukemoji in there. Yeah, of course, he says, I don't like this, but I can't break it. Pat pat.
Speaker 2: The guy bets.
Speaker 1: He calls, The guy makes a stews three five six.
Speaker 2: What was his aunt seven to six?
Speaker 1: It was not Benny Glazer, because Benny Glazer, because Benny was commenting about the hand afterwards.
Speaker 2: What was John's hand? Seven six all three deuce seven six five three duce? He had two deuces to start trying to pour and ice. If you break your seven, God, that is pretty disgusting.
Speaker 1: He did say, too sick to lose this way at this stage. Have thirty five k left, which he said, yeah, and then he said to survive four all into quadruple up. Let's go, baby, spin it, spin.
Speaker 2: It that we need that field bonus. First, get to the field bonus.
Speaker 1: It's not really a big field bones.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter count. But yeah, but back to the note. You told me to make a note. I made one. Here it is you can say it on camera. Okay, podcast people right? I met Pat from Canada bang bang came up, asked for a hat, gave how do we changed some stories? And I said, you know what, I need to put this in my phone. Donny's getting mad at me for not remembering everybody's names, I wrote.
Speaker 1: I wrote, necessarily get I'm not necessarily getting mad at you. I'm just telling you you need to make the people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I got to be more important than no. I've got to do a better them. We are nothing. Yes, that is true. I said, you know, nice Pat, where are you from? I had to get the little thin get a little bit more context to just pass. So Pat from Canada, I met him today, gave him a hat. A little hat update. We're into our last box joke. We just gave one out to Ray Henson out here on the rail of the Tangy Holes Championship. I think we've got I.
Speaker 1: Gave one to Kevin Gearhart.
Speaker 2: There you go, he's already took it off. He put it on, then he took Okay, well, you know, so I.
Speaker 1: Gave it to him. Yeah, he had a different hat on. I gave it to him. He said, he's like, I wear hats now when I play him with the password, I give him a hat.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: He had chips. I gave him the hat. He put the hat on, he had less chips, got it, and then he switched back to the first hat.
Speaker 2: You have to bend it a certain bend. You just have to.
Speaker 1: You just have to believe.
Speaker 2: You have to luck the luck. But I think I want to say, we've got twenty one hats left.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: So you know what main events coming you guys better get this hat. A lot of a lot of dms coming in. We're gonna tell you over and over again, we ain't reserving one twenty one. You got to come find us.
Speaker 1: Damn crazy crazy stuff, all right, that's going to do it for us. It's only eleven eighteen pm, So what.
Speaker 2: Are we going to do? Maybe we get home before Get up movie, You go Bowling?
Speaker 1: No, I'm probably gonna get try and get an extra hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for once in my life. He's inim Duckworth. My name is Donnie Peters and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: The CANi explass