Speaker 1: How often do you guys think about the MAVs and the trade and the injuries and everything?
Speaker 2: I think about it.
Speaker 1: Let's say, on average, I'm awake eighteen and a half hours a day. I think about it roughly twenty hours a day. How are you able to get away from it that much?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Part of my sleeping life is also like I dream of the apocalypse, conscious dreaming. Yeah, just running from death. I think about it on stop. Do you, Christina? Do you find yourself thinking about it a lot?
Speaker 3: I've been trying to avoid all of it right now, right, but yeah, like if just coming in here and we see, you know, MAVs on the schedule, I'm my god.
Speaker 1: But you see it on social media too, right, like anytime, and.
Speaker 4: I don't really get on social media that much better post whatever?
Speaker 1: And then you had an awesome post where about colored sunglasses.
Speaker 2: That was so good.
Speaker 1: I highly encourage everyone to get over to ninety seven one the Eagle to check that's on the Eagle account, right, Okay, get over there and check that.
Speaker 2: That was so good? Katie? What about you?
Speaker 5: No, last night I saw that it was ninety nine ninety nine the Knicks and the Lakers and I decided I don't need to do this.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 5: I mean, I saw it so good times. I was like, I'm good. I'm avoiding it because you know, it makes me feel bad. So I just to avoid things that make me feel bad.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna feel bad either way. It's what I figured out. And so I get home and I watched the most of the fourth quarter of that game and then overtime, and I'm watching Brunson and Luca going back to back, and they're like talking about how they're each so prolific and so great at running offenses, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: We had them both in the same draft. Oh my god, they were both Mavericks.
Speaker 1: I spent a lot of time while watching that game thinking about that, but I also I'm able to get into the basketball, like, you know, for the most part, I was enjoying an incredible basketball game. And when I turned it on, you know, the Lakers were down ten and they started making their comeback, and so there was the basketball element of it. But when it was Brunson and Luca going back and forth, you can't help but think about what you're talking about. And they traded jerseys after the game. It was I mean it was, oh wait, did he come back out?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was just sent a jersey over to Luca.
Speaker 1: I saw an autograph in one and there was already a brunts and autographed one for him. Okay, because if you don't know, Brunson limped back to the locker room with what less than a minute to go in open time, and Luke after the game was shaking hands. He was like, where's Casey? And I think his Casey was already back in the locker room taking the Brunson.
Speaker 2: Casey is the old MAVs trainer. Yeah, Casey Smith. Yeah, so part of the old regime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was I can't get away from it, and I need to move on from it. I know it's not healthy at some point. I've got to move on from it. But in golf, you know what I think I may get into is hockey. I mean I could and I look, I'm from here. In my whole life, I never played hockey. I don't I played some video game hockey. I don't understand all the rules really necessary, but it seems to be a lot of fun. And dude, if they're going to be doing well, I'm willing to bandwagon. Uh, and so I'm thinking I've got this extra time in my sports art, maybe I'll become a Stars fan. Hey, Katie, how long have you've been doing radio and or predominantly sports talk radio with me and Ben? Twenty thirteen? So over a decade? Has Ben laid that scenario out for you? How confident do you feel like he's about to get into hockey.
Speaker 2: I'm not that confident in it, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, I think Ben will wear a full Laker sweatsuit to work before he'll get a hockey I am a hardcore Laker fan right now.
Speaker 2: I love I love JJ Reddick, I love Luca. Not one of those Lebron haters.
Speaker 1: They survived a rough Austin Reeves night last night, crucial in a bit and probably with about four minutes to go, and they were making their run.
Speaker 2: Still don't understand like I'm leaking, But I'm leaking.
Speaker 1: I will be the most bandwagoning Stars fan ever. Admittedly, like, if they're gonna win, I'll be all stars up in a minute that they start losing. What tell me about this trade? Well, let me let's find out if you can set the hook.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not gonna sit there and act like I'm the Stars expert of the day. But luckily we have a good friend who is. Let's go to today's Stars report.
Speaker 7: Very serious sports reporter and DJ Jonathan Shippy Shipman here reporting that the Dallas Stars have acquired Miko Ranton and that's Miko with an M as in milk for Dallas Stars forward Logan stan Coven two first round picks and two third round picks. It sucks to see Stanky go, but the time is now for the Dallas Stars and Miko Ranton and makes them the Cup favorites now.
Speaker 2: According to Vegas.
Speaker 7: Hold onto your butts, everybody, it's gonna be a fun long summer in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Shippy out, okay, okay, good report the Stars. The basketball no creativity is to call a guy whose name is Jason Williams j will or to call somebody B dub or whatever. All they do in hockey is they add they take the first hard syllable and then they drop whatever slavic thing is off the end and they add.
Speaker 2: An e y to the end of it.
Speaker 1: Stanky, stanky or planky or it's just there's a lot of baseball too.
Speaker 2: Baseball does that too a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not a planky, it's an old. It just feels very you know, half Canadian, half Michigan. Yeah, you know, but all right, I do have I do have a vacancy in my sports art. So are they the best team in hockey? Now?
Speaker 2: How good? Like?
Speaker 1: What would you what is the equivalent of this guy?
Speaker 2: Like? What is he?
Speaker 1: Compare him to an NBA player? Did they just acquire Luca Anthony Edwards? Okay, oh he's young.
Speaker 2: He's twenty eight, so let's go a little older. The Greek freak that twenty eight ish, that's pretty I.
Speaker 1: Think Greek freak's thirty now. But that's okay, all right, let's go to who do we have? It's like twenty eight, I says Shay.
Speaker 2: A little younger.
Speaker 1: So I haven't been following hockey, so I don't know who this guy is. So I'm gonna go ahead and say, I feel like they acquired Brandon.
Speaker 2: Ingra So here's your story on Ranton and it's Ranting? Then was Rady?
Speaker 5: He got traded from Colorado to Carolina, which doesn't mean but that Carolina want to sign him.
Speaker 2: He's like, I don't want to sign here. Long term.
Speaker 5: So they're like, Okay, well he's not going to stay here, We'll trade you somewhere in the Stars. At today's trade deadline, which is two pm, went and got the best available player on the market, Ranky for Stanky and two first round picks.
Speaker 2: Don't you feel like more than the Anthony Davis trade? Honestly? Okay?
Speaker 1: But the the Stars, Okay, the Stars have stepped up in a big way and there is going to be a void in the hearts of local sports fans. Let's there's there's no way around it. The Rangers have been doing that now for a minute, you know they've been doing They've been going out and getting pieces and contending the Cowboys. Not so much the Cowboys. The Cowboys careful. I mean, that is an elevator fart in a crowd elevator.
Speaker 2: It just is what it is.
Speaker 1: They're never gonna make their team any better. All they care about is their team valuation. But is this a time where the Stars have now the opportunity to step up and steal local interest? I mean, if they're going to contend for the Cup, then I think they very well could.
Speaker 5: I'm going to use a gauge of a hardcore MAVs fan, our good buddy Jesse Coubanet, uh huh, and he is for about a month been telling me even before the trade happened. Actually he's like, dude, the stars are fun. You should start watching the stars. The stars were saying. Then he got really excited when the trade happened. Is everybody going to go download the app now so they can see it?
Speaker 2: I will?
Speaker 5: I mean I already downloaded it just because I wanted to see what it looked like. Right, it's very easy to use, which I enjoy. Will the guy that you're not going to then? The guy that they traded away?
Speaker 1: How many Stars fans got their heartbroken because our old coworker Aviano was on Instagram saying yeah, but at what cost? And she had a picture of Stanky. Yeah, did we break a bunch?
Speaker 2: Just did well? Yes, Steak he's a good player. Did we break hearts? Steaky's a good play. But we're trying to win now, okay, just like you know, this is this is a good so is good? This new player they got, is he their best player on their team? Now?
Speaker 1: No, it's the it's the defenseman, right, the what's his name? Skinner goal he's probably the best player. Yeah, he's bad as buttery.
Speaker 2: Wyatt Johnston's good, one of the one of the two DFW Wyatts Wyatt Johnston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, And he's a babe who they will build this thing around moving forward.
Speaker 2: He's your next Madonna Jamie Binn. How old he's like twenty two right? Very young? Yeah, he's a very young looking at it. Randon maybe more of like a Demonta Sabonis. So he would have been better in the eighties. Trey Young.
Speaker 1: He doesn't play any defense. He's short with a bad haircut. He's just going through some loose like twenty eight year old ish. Uh, I mean Devin Booker, Devin Booker's good. I think we found our Dutch goal. No, because now that reminds us of the time that Lucas snatched his basketball sould and then checked on him while he will free throws are happening now we're brought up.
Speaker 2: Now, Luca's back in our minds. For me, it reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 4: Some time movies.
Speaker 8: Right now, you're ready, ready, ready, ready, ready tea quit ef it quin, I'll show you going ruling it, except with sire pursuing it tunnold out Shaw shank through the sewer.
Speaker 9: Kid, Now what chill in a day Eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three your clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a gold status. How we'd starting to get crattic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit dune end zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I want anything with my friend in blocking it on the radio, Mom, home boys and talking on the radio. It's time to this walk, Oh baby by we go at.
Speaker 7: All the radio.
Speaker 2: Hey, let me read you this text I just got.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know it's last second, but by any chance, do you have any access to any Stars games before the year is up?
Speaker 2: Tickets? Someone just texted me and ask me for Stars tickets? How often does that happen? Never?
Speaker 1: Like, And I don't think they're listening to the show. In fact, I'm ninety nine point nine to nine percent sure they're not listening to the show. It's just kind of serendipitous that out of nowhere someone wants to know if I have access to Stars tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, I don't know. Man, They're good.
Speaker 1: But I think about two now, I think about driving to the AAC from Solina I'm like, man, how do.
Speaker 2: I watch the game?
Speaker 4: Dog?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Man, I'm just gonna watch the Lakers. I'm just gonna get the league pass. I understand where your heart is, and I appreciate it. But we were thirty seconds into that saving going. There's zero chance anything that can be said that we'll get Ben to watch more than thirty seconds of a star.
Speaker 2: I am a lak I'm.
Speaker 1: Officially a Lakers fan. I am a Lakers fan, and that's where I'm going to pour my free time. We used to have a program director forcing stars on us at old times, and you didn't pay attention to them. And man, there was several times where they were the best team in the Western Conference and here we go and.
Speaker 2: Luddy and the boys. We got Otter. That's the nineties, the two thousands, and then.
Speaker 1: Marty Turkey ended up, you know, doing the beer Turkey and them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's just not for me, man, I'm just too you know, I'm just I'm a warm weather sports guy. All right. There you have it. There you have it. Good luck to Shippy in the Stars.
Speaker 1: Though coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, KT has two stories that involve Andy Samberg and we will hear those stories next.
Speaker 2: What just happened, I pulled a dad move No.
Speaker 4: I saw them singing a lot.
Speaker 1: Of singing one of my favorite RHCP songs, Beautiful Dude, really beautiful. Thank you Manamy Chills. That was one of the better fades we've had on the station. Submitted skits Show nine some point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. We got lots to get to man a restaurant that's been around the DFUP for a long time is filed for bankruptcy and we need to talk about tex Mex restaurants. I think we're going to do that for the big finish, just in time to get your belly all excited for the weekend. We'll do it right before dinner time. But what we do like to do is give away BFD tickets. That's coming May twenty fifth. He gonna be big. We're gonna have Marilyn Manson Chavelle. It's at dose Eki's Pavilion. It's big, big bill, lots of great act on it. We're going to be hanging out there and we'd like to hook you up. So what I want you to do is to use that free iHeart app. You should have it already, I mean we tell you to get it all the time. You could stream the show to use podcasts, and there's a talkback feature. And on that talkback feature you click a little microphone you can leave thirty second talkback messages. The third person to leave their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to this question which local team did. Ben almost talk himself into following, and then by the end of the segment he had already checked out on him. If you were listening, you know, and the third person that can tell us that leave their name, their phone number, and their email address.
Speaker 2: That's what we do.
Speaker 1: We hook people up who listen, So listen all the time, engage with the show, use that iHeart app, and everybody's going to be happy. But right now it's time for.
Speaker 2: This juicing news hot gods. Come stay on the top. Oh, it's pretty determined.
Speaker 5: The death of Gene Hackman and his what Betsy, as you know, they passed he ninety five, her sixty five.
Speaker 2: And they're saying, and by they I mean officials. I'm not sure who actually makes the call on this. It's not the guy from the Woody Show. They're saying he had heart.
Speaker 5: Disease along with advanced Alzheimer's and that she had died about a week before he did. Oh, so she was up there and he was wandering around the house for a week, probably not knowing. She died of something called the haunt of virus h A N T A virus. And it's weird because they're normally found in rodents, but they can spread via four forms feces, urine, and droplets and saliva. Oh and also blood.
Speaker 2: So the big five. Hard to tell how she got haunted virus? What do you mean by hard to tell? Like, there's no way to tell how she got haunted virus?
Speaker 1: Wild speculation, Yeah, you're saying from here in Dallas, you can't speculate because you can't see if there's feces droppings on the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it could spread through that. So if one of the dogs was messing around with this is a rat poop outside.
Speaker 1: This is why you got your fake medical license revoked the reporting on this. Yeah, you're saying one of the dogs was rooting around in rat boop, it's possible, and then licked their her face.
Speaker 2: That the dog that died in the Kennel had had an operation recently too, so that seems unrelated.
Speaker 1: That seems entirely unrelated, and you tried to connect it to make it juice here.
Speaker 5: You know, it's just one of those things where it's a Friday and these sad stories, you know, they can bring you down, and uh, I don't want to be brought down, but.
Speaker 2: We have closure.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're that down because you ever gave Gene hacked me the credit he deserves.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: I'm one who say he's Gene not a hack Man, all right, kind of saying that too. He's always been good. That's so good, dude. If there are any arcade businesses out there, they should make hack Man.
Speaker 2: And it's his face just I would love that.
Speaker 5: And I know there's a lot of arcade businesses that are looking to mix it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to stay with the times. How is the arcade business doing?
Speaker 10: I have?
Speaker 2: You know, I've got a critique of one really yep, was it one of those bar ones. It's a bar and an arcade.
Speaker 5: So it's no longer my go to for that type of thing because I you know, Richardson now and it's you know, freeplay arcade over there.
Speaker 2: But I love free play. It's wonderful. Yeah, But the last time I went to Barcadia, they had.
Speaker 5: Redone it to where they'd gotten rid of a lot of the classics and put in more modern arcade games, and I just didn't have the same vibe.
Speaker 2: They're trying to be hipster Dave and Busters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess, and that's fine, But I still like a place like that that I've spent so much time in so many years of living in Dallas. I'd like you to keep, you know, Galaga, Super Mario bros One. Okay, pac Man, you keep some of that stuff.
Speaker 2: That I liked. I do think, but that Galagha is my favorite old time stand up arcade game. Okay, let me think about that.
Speaker 1: Asteroids was gone too, but heard about it, and I have that cocktail version. I should take that up to Rollertown and brew we're invested in. That's a great idea. It's got my cabin name all over it. Does that matter, I don't care. Let's just pop it in there. It's a cocktail version, so it sits down and it's got every game on it, like a thousand games. No one's gonna walk up to it and go, oh, oh, well, we can't play that. It's got a different name on the side of it. It is okay, fit the decor. It's okay with me. It'll get so much action. Okay, I'll sit there and play Galaga all day while drinking Mango have Anaro sours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can set your beard down, all right. So here's what I need.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need the light farms, Giant or somebody in light farms of the truck to help me move that over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to move it over there.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's got it's got Galiga, Miss pac Man, Donkey Kong, It's got all of them. And so you just said Galaga the best in up video game. It's my favorite. It's right up there.
Speaker 2: Man. I mean I can't. I don't have a list prepared, but that might be the number one. There's very few.
Speaker 1: Things that happen in a video game that says exhilarating. Is when that one spaceship grabs your other ship and starts to pull it up, and you know I'm about to have a double.
Speaker 2: Heater coming at the ask so good.
Speaker 1: That is great, and getting it right before the bonus round just's I'm getting.
Speaker 2: All the points working farm muscles.
Speaker 1: As a kid, I used to love the Boner round and what it did to my foremm dude, but you know, uh that that certainly is in the mixed. Miss pac Man was better than pac Man. Miss pac Man was a great game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like baby Pack.
Speaker 1: I love Donkey Kong. Yes, Donkey Kong. Yeah, yes, dude, what do you mean?
Speaker 9: No, No, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: I don't have it on the pantheon of pac Man and Asteroids. Oh, I would do Donkey Kong over pac Man all day.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Pac Man and Asteroids are bad graphics because they're so new. I just have emotional connections. My grandparents had asteroids arcade in the back room.
Speaker 1: It is pretty great, though, Miss pac Man, to have the little vignettes and just see how the family's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my grandpa had hemrhoids. But I don't feel attached to it. I un I think you're very wrong on Donkey Kong Kevin.
Speaker 4: Uh No, I think it's great.
Speaker 2: I had it on game Boys, you know, like it's frustrating. Good my guys getting hit by a barrel here, you know. Yeah, Christina, what's your favorite stand up arcade video game.
Speaker 4: I immediately thought Burger Time, Hey, fun is.
Speaker 2: It that the name of the burger place? And McKinney, is that what the game is called? Never heard of it? Oh okay, it sounds like something only happened in Crambell.
Speaker 4: No, it's actually a game Frogger.
Speaker 1: Okay, great game. The famous what was uh what was the one where you flew around on a camel? It's it was an Ostrich and it's joust joust jousts.
Speaker 2: Badass.
Speaker 1: You got to land that Ostrich on top of another Ostrich, you know what I'm saying, and then you just like that game rocks dude, Yeah, you got it. You gotta get the thing to get the Ostrich flying. There was a we used to go to fun and games at richardson Square Mall. You know you did too, And they had a double stand up game. It was one v one and it was football and it was x's and o's and it had a roller roller ball.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you ever get the okay? And it riched your hand up like where your fingers what's the part of your hand where your fingers go into the.
Speaker 2: Hand, Dallas hand taint.
Speaker 1: You would be you'd be doing the rollers so fast and get it going, and then there was a little sliver between the rolling ball and the thing, and your hand would get caught in there or the edge of your your you know where your fingers go in your hand, and it would rip it up and you would get cuts, and then you would get the haunt of virus inside inside your hand. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have a couple quick stories from our good friend Andy Samberg. What they from the SNL after party? Stuffy so he remember the singer Robin Okay, he's who He's the Robin that he's mentioning here.
Speaker 12: At the after party. I was taking a picture of Beck Bennett and Beck the singer. So I was taking that picture, and Robin, who we know because we did a song with her but I haven't seen in years, walked up to say hi to Beck singer, and I, drunkenly as a joke, was like, Robin, not no, I'm taking a picture of the Becks, and she went okay, turn around and walked away, and I was like, wait, no, I.
Speaker 4: Don't care about the big picture, I want to say.
Speaker 2: I and then she was just gone and I never saw her again. So I'm very hopeful she.
Speaker 12: Knew I was goofing and that I wasn't being a huge toll for no reason.
Speaker 5: They said, there so many people and all these after parties and they had like overfill rooms and things like that.
Speaker 2: They were like, I didn't get to talk to Jason Saday because I will fortune was.
Speaker 5: I know it was there, just didn't get to talk to And the one time he had a chance to talk to Rob and he's doing a bit no.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm taking a picture. He felt bad about it now.
Speaker 5: He was also talking about how he was kind of pissed because he had to work all week because he had to do that digital short that it took a lot of time and they had a bunch of handlers and things like that. And this is about the concert rehearsal from Friday night.
Speaker 2: I have a funny Backstreet Boys moment.
Speaker 9: Great.
Speaker 12: I was being ushered around for rehearsal by a woman who was working for the show, and I was like, I really have to go to the bathroom number one.
Speaker 2: Everybody relaxed, okay, and she was like, you need to be on stage now. You need to be on stage now, and I was like okay.
Speaker 12: So we walked over where the bathroom was and one of the Backstreet Boys was about to go into the bathroom and she was like, he needs to go, we need him on stage. And he was super nice and he said hello, and he was like, oh, we're doing your song because he knew the thing about Brooklyn nine nine. And I was like, oh, that's so awesome. I went to the bathroom quickly left, went out on stage, and then stood there for forty five minutes and Backstreet Boys went on and rehearsed before us, and I was like, oh, man, he must think I'm a piece of shit. So anyway, I apologize for that. I bet he thought it was number two, by the way, it wasn't. I mean, if it was, it was the fastest number two in the history of humanity.
Speaker 2: It's like, he's gonna go to the bathroom first. He's like, no, the Backstreet Boys are on in front of you. What was that on the seth Myers and Lonely Island podcast one of the greatest podcasts created. It's amazing. Do you have some go to podcasts? What are they? I mean?
Speaker 5: I listened to pretty much The Ben Skin Show podcast a lot. We're trying to review it. Yep, I'm doing a lot of that. Saith mars Liman podcast is primo. Ben's looking for a Stars podcast, dude, I'll get you one. I'm looking for a Lakers podcast.
Speaker 2: You do not need to go listening to LOL Lockdown Lakers. Hey, I'm full in on the Lakers.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna every time you see me, I'm gonna be wearing a Lakers jumpsuit. You're gonna come around on Austin Reeves, Hummy. That's the more you watch him, this is not the time for this telling you. The more you watch him, the more you'll appreciate his game. Definitely a player and he's good.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, let's go around the sports Mark Cuban with some controversial comments.
Speaker 2: We'll do a deep dive on that next, come and get it.
Speaker 1: When it comes to her Toto Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you've ever had in your life. Locations in Mansfield, there's one in Fort Worth, there's one in Arlington, there's two more inside of global Field, and then there's one more in the Dallas Farmers Market. And her Toto Barbecue is exquisite. Brandon Hurtado's family recipes, they're spin on Mexicue.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Highly encourage you to go get some Hurtto barbecue this weekend. And if you're in Dallas, don't forget. It's now available in Dallas at the Dallas Farmers Market Hurtato Barbecue.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. It's good listeners. Here comes kt fun tweets were the round. Now it's come around the sports. Kt fun tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Mark Cuban did an interview with Channel eight Jonah Givad last night and I pulled five clips from it and maybe we'll have time to get into a couple of cowboy things.
Speaker 2: But uh, it was.
Speaker 5: It started off kind of strange and I saw this on Blue Sky. His WFA was promoting it. Mark not tweet this only on Blue Sky. So this is such bs. I said down to do an interview with about cost Plus drugs. I answered a few inevitable maps questions. Trust me, there's zero I haven't said publicly before. Which is ft up is that they tell What is fed up is that they tell me the cost Plus interview will air in a few months math stuff tomorrow. There's not like running from the fact that he did it. I think he's just mad at the cost plus stuff is not top of mind. It is weird to say, hey, thank you for the sit down. We're going to run your pharmacy stuff in a few months. Yeah, there's gonna be so much There's gonna be so much news until then, we can't get to it. I've never heard that ever.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of anybody pre recording an interview for a local news station in two months.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know what time did that Cuban Blue Sky thing hit. I saw it at night. I don't know when it hit. The reason I tak screenshots I don't know. Okay, the reason you didn't tweet it it's only on Blue Sky.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The reason I ask is because of how they started the newscast, like they were promoting it and they were saying, now, look, we'll talk about cost I mean, I'm I'm paraphrasing, but it is very much. He sat down to talk about cost Plus, but we have this Maverick stuff that we have to do right like that was it was almost made me think that he blue skuided that before the thing hit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe it was like a nine minute thing that they cut as the full interview where there's no mention of cost plus drugs.
Speaker 1: It's all the match stuff. Yeah, and they were promoting. They were promoting on the newscast. You can go watch more as soon as the newscast is over at w f.
Speaker 2: A A plus. Who is your son's favorite player? Mark, who's your son's favorite player?
Speaker 10: It was Luca Binox, Max Christy. He did the hard shift, Yeah, because I told him once an MFL you know it's.
Speaker 13: The jersey I saw you he was, but he was with you for the game in La.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 10: But like my daughter, my middle daughters was Quentin Grimes. She was just so upset when we traded.
Speaker 2: Quinton, trading away all Cubans kids favorite players.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 1: That's some of my minute stuff there. I have some friends who's I think she's a in high school. Their daughter's favorite player was Quinny Crimes too, because he's big with the high school girl community.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he has like a TikTok or something.
Speaker 13: Did they not consult you, Do they not consult you on anything or are they just they might tell me something after the fact or now with Rick Welts in particular, if there's something going on where I've had experience, I'll reach out to him and just say, hey, expect this, this, this, and this.
Speaker 10: But from a basketball perspective, I hear about it after the fact.
Speaker 2: I don't hear about anything beforehand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's that's the thing. The whole transaction that was made. Initially, Cuban was saying he would still be in charge of basketball operations, and we were all scratching our heads, going, how is that possible? And I guess I tricked myself into thinking, Okay, well, the Addulson's are interested in an arena and gambling, and they realize this is an asset, it's a support they don't really probably know a lot about. So yeah, like Cubans still run basketball ops. But basically that was not the case at all. He immediately became I mean, didn't they even say, hey, stop sitting behind the bench, like well, on the road, he's not allowed to because he's no longer the NBA governor, Right, So Dumont became the NBA governor, so the NBA said you can't. So now he's essentially he still owns twenty seven, twenty eight percent or whatever, but he's essentially like us he's finding out after the fact on things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have any regrets? Uh? Sorry, I do some of them. Oh, I'm sorry talking regrets about selling the team.
Speaker 10: Sometimes I get mad and I want to done this, but not really because you know, go back to why I sold. I don't want my kids to end up in this exact position at some level if they made a mistake. I mean literally, imagine if I didn't and my kids had taken over and they made a mistake like this.
Speaker 14: You didn't want them to go down, you know, the road of owning.
Speaker 10: Not that I didn't want to deal with the criticism of it, it's just social media has changed things dramatically, and they grew up with social media, you know, seeing what happened with the Jones family, you know, continuously, I didn't want my kids to go through that. And then Patrick and you know, the Sance Corporation. They're better suited to deal with building than I am.
Speaker 14: Really, I mean the real estate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they do.
Speaker 10: And I didn't want to find myself in a situation where I couldn't compete because I didn't know how to do that stuff, and I'd rather focus on cost plus from a time perspective.
Speaker 1: There's your cost plus mentioned nice man. That is very Uh, I don't know, transparent. I don't know that I've ever heard anybody who owns over a quarter of a team when they have a massive trade like this, who's would come out and just call it a mistake?
Speaker 5: That is Yeah, I don't I don't know the ins and outs of every franchise and how many are. But that's owned by a big name, the famous person who ows twenty five percent of it.
Speaker 1: You know, he's not towing the company line. He's just being honest. He's saying what he believes. He's like, he called it a mistake. Would you have ever traded Luca?
Speaker 2: Would you ever have traded Luka doncic I'm not going to go there. It's not it doesn't even matter, you know. And then yeah, I wonder I wondered about that answer. What is the point?
Speaker 1: What is the point of that answer? I guess because now that he's already gone where he's gone, I guess.
Speaker 2: Has he has? He said there was a mistake to trade Luca, Well, he said a mistake. At the beginning of that, he was, yeah, it's not in this one. It might be it was in that it was at the beginning of that last clip, not this last one before that one regrets about selling the team.
Speaker 10: Sometimes I get mad and I want to done this, but not really because you know, go back to why I sold. I don't want my kids to end up in this exact position at some level if they made a mistake, I mean.
Speaker 2: Literally, Yeah, And then he goes on, it keeps going, you keep playing again.
Speaker 10: You imagine if I didn't and my kids had taken over and they made a mistake like this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I mean he critiques the trade in this one, and the question is more like you was your son mad about the trade?
Speaker 2: Was your son upset about the trade?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean were you yeah? Of course?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, of course if you're you know, if the MAVs are going to trade Luca, that's one thing. Just get a better deal, you know. No disrespect to Anthony Davis, but I still believe if we had gotten four unprotected number ones and Anthony Davis and Max Christy, this would be a different conversation.
Speaker 2: That seems to be one of the criticism following. Yeah, but it's not my call, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I think it would be a different conversation nationally. I don't think it'd be a different conversation here.
Speaker 2: That's not near enough and need to be ten number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just don't think I don't think you could get enough to say the fan base because they're emotionally they feel emotionally violated.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree, So there's your interview though.
Speaker 1: So but I do think it makes it worse for the fan base that there's no one that talks basketball profession only for a living that says it was a good deal for the Mavericks, right, you know, So that just makes it worse. Not one person in the universe that has commented on it that has thought it was a fair deal. So that does make it difficult, and it, I mean, anything more would be easier to stomach. You know, if there were four unconditional first round picks, it wouldn't I don't.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I don't think the fan base would go whoa.
Speaker 1: Great trade, But I think it would be easier than just one, yeah, for sure. And part of it is when you see Polinka and he's there looking like Rob Low, like a poor man's Rob Low, and he's debagging it up in his ponsie jacket and you're like.
Speaker 2: How did you just do that? Like you held on to assets. It just is infuriating. Le'lls switch the Cowboys for a minute. This is quick. It's twelve seconds.
Speaker 5: It's from a podcast, I you know, the one Star Cowboys podcast, you guys Maver, I don't know, but the athletic reporters are John Michoda and sad Yusuf. And I asked him a couple of quick question to answer quickly, right, will they be here?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 2: Two three?
Speaker 5: Jordan Lewis yes, yes, rico' daddle yep, yes, DeMarcus Lawrence no, Chauncey Gulston no. Okay, So we got them mixed on that one. So Jordan Lewis and Rico Daddle. That tells me the Cowboys you're gonna go sign Jordan Lewis and Rico Daddle. I'll resigned those guys, okay and okay, because you need another cornerback right now.
Speaker 1: They have one yes, and Jordan Lewis is great and you're probably gonna draft a rookie running back with one of your first three picks, and so it would be great if you have a good backup or if he's the starter initially while you bring along a rookie and.
Speaker 2: I freak goes too much, then you can just say that's all right, dude, see you we're good. So I don't think Greek will be too much. I don't think you will eitherre So you have that, guys, I think I'm becoming a shoddy guy. Like he's a hockey player. Uh, cow is totally a hockey player. Nickname. Oh so went on with the smoking hot k Adams and uh, you know she's doing the interview and years are happening.
Speaker 6: Team the locker room loves Shoddy and and just the person that he is, he's a good dude. Called me afterwards, regulations, Me and my family went to dinner. He found out where we went to dinner at and he, uh, he sent me a little gift to you know, just the kind of the kind of care that he has for for us and kind of coach that you.
Speaker 2: Can run through a wall for.
Speaker 4: You know, what did he send you? What did he send? What did he send?
Speaker 2: Tell me a bottle of sham?
Speaker 1: She did?
Speaker 11: He found out where you guys were going, and he said, deliberate, that's a that's a classy touch.
Speaker 2: That's nice, all right. Why wasn't she comfortable just saying it once? That was interesting? I think, no, we're not going to pick on this.
Speaker 1: She's fantastic and she's great at what she does because she's hot. But the whole thing is, like, I think she was uncomfortable with only talking for such a short amount of time, so she repeated it three times.
Speaker 2: I've done that before. Let me hear that?
Speaker 4: Or what did he send you?
Speaker 2: What did he send?
Speaker 4: What did he send? Telly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, God, I didn't take up enough of that space. Maybe no one will notice if I just echo this. I want to say the same thing seven times, and then it'll sound like I took up more space in this interview. Yeah, I was more engaging. I think, what did he say?
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What did he say when he said it? What did he say? Say? Say? What did he say? I think on her show and they're they're using the zoom interviews, she was just showing dominance. But I'll defend her to my death. What's her name?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: What did he send?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Should he You'll recognize her? She was good Morning NFL. She was good morning. Oh yeah, she's great. He's fantastic. Why are you picking on her?
Speaker 5: Also a huge fan of her, She's a big Dave Matthews band fan.
Speaker 2: No, that's a strike, a strike. I think it makes her a Hall of Famer. And there's your sports for this day. Seven twenty twenty five will be a day like it again.
Speaker 1: All right, No, there never will be another one coming up next. It's the Today game for this day unlike any other. And you must listen live. A lot of people are listening to our show on the iHeart app because you can listen to it in one single serving, one hour podcast with no music. Some people like it with no music. Some people like to brocket with us, and that's fine. You could do it either way. But this next segment you can only hear if you tune in live. Happy Friday, everybody. You're listening to The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano. If you're looking for something special, an entire meal of food that is delicious and special, head out to Andrews in Plano. Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one location of Andrews in America, and it just happens to be in Plano. But that location is so good. Readers of the Dallas Morning News voted it the best pizzeria in all of DFW extremely high honor. So if you're somebody who fancies yourself in trying the best of the best, well why not go get the pizza that Dallas Morning newsreaders say is the absolute best in town. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, Preston and Plano Parkway in Plano. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Basins Weekday up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kat fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. Last reminder, daylight savings time on Sunday. All right, so you're an hour springing forward. You're gonna lose hour sleep. Got all these reminders have been so helpful, So catch and nap, hit the hay a little bit early tonight or tomorrow night. You know, the drill weather's.
Speaker 5: Gonna get a little weird to mittle rainy tomorrow, little colder, colder on Sunday in the fifties, you know, fifties for high. Next week is a beautiful week seventies leading up to a high seventy one for the Saint Patti's Day parade on the fifteenth.
Speaker 2: Weel on the float. Hope to see everyone out there.
Speaker 5: So springtime is here's going to have a kind of weird weekend weather coming at us. Some crazy happened at the seven eleven off Mockingburg in Greenville, and uh, I am actually I've asked Christina to pull this up onto our screen here in the studio so you guys can see. This was shot by our friends over at Dallas, Texas TV at the seven eleven off Greenville and mocking holl.
Speaker 2: God, tell me what you see?
Speaker 1: Is that a wild boar banging a parking curb? That's where you nailed it? I mean correct, Yes, that a pier. I don't know if it's a wild boar. It is a pig of some sort. It does appear to be.
Speaker 2: Not domesticated, undemesticated well over on top of a parking curve. Like if you park there, you would be like, okay, I don't want to get too close. I would hit the pig.
Speaker 1: Whoever posted it is I think friends with it because they said buddy, like that's the name of the it. Also, it looks like a pig that has a bat head. Yeah, it looks creepy, looks furry. So it's a bore, right, it's a wild boar. It's covered in fur. Are those pointed ears? They appear to be And it looks like it's got fangs.
Speaker 2: So we've seen this. Those those are dangerous, like they run up on you, they'll bite you.
Speaker 5: We've seen them get into the Irving area recently, you know, tearing up some yards and things like that small town country thing. There's nothing more city than the seven to eleven off Mockingbird in Greenville in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and it's pretty clear that he's humping that curb. You can kind of see it his ear.
Speaker 4: Is he just panting really hard, he's.
Speaker 2: Gyrating a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think it probably took him so much work and effort to get his fat ass on that parking stopper that he's exhausted and he's panting.
Speaker 4: Is a lot of women are saying this like, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think he's just panting, not humping.
Speaker 1: Look, I like the chick, what's your name, Heather Don. That said, poor baby, he needs water, he's foaming.
Speaker 4: Oh that's not good.
Speaker 1: Then he's rabbit. Yeah, I think that's a rabid batpig. Well, those outlets have had the balls to cover this story.
Speaker 5: We've had to rely on Dallas, Texas TV giving us the baton here at ninety seven point one the Eagle, So.
Speaker 2: Local news head out of ass let's focus. Guys.
Speaker 5: I'm a wild stores, a couple wilds. I got a lot of wild stores. Are they keep it going here? Brad Sigmund is a South Carolina man. He's convicted in a two thousand and two double murder. He's going to die tonight by firing squad. They're gonna put him on the wall and just shoot the crap out of him.
Speaker 1: I can't believe this is still a thing. Like I thought the death penalty would be like lethal injection.
Speaker 6: Well it is.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they always get it right. It's so long ago that I've seen this.
Speaker 1: Usually the guy's blindfolded with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, right, I made that.
Speaker 2: Like every firing death squad picture you've ever seen, they get one last smoke.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the idea is there's like guys, but nine of them have blanks, so you never know if it was you or not that shot him killed.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: His lawyer says, he's, you know, sixty seven. His lawyer's name is bo Bo King. But he's like, hey, man, he's rededicated himself to Christian faith. He poses no further danger. Well, incarcerated, we don't have to shoot him tonight. We can just let him live out his life in prison.
Speaker 2: The Kingdom of Heaven is awaiting. South Carolina's like, Noah, let's just go ahead and get to it. No, let's get to it. What was the crime over two thousand and two killed a couple of people, So he chose the sky. He had the choice.
Speaker 5: He chose a firing squad because there's been some concerns that were raised about a previous lethal in Jackson, Carolina in the past couple of years. And he had the choice because the one relegalized the firing squad in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: So this is his choice, and he's like, y'all blow my brains out? Does he get to choose the gun? I don't think he's that to me.
Speaker 1: To me, no, no, no, Well that would be fun but to me, I would want ten guys all with like AK forty seven's right, so there's not You're not just wounded, right, I want to get lit up immediately, And if you could set it up any way you want maybe like redo, like a scene from the Matrix or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like all right, I get me a Keanu Reeves costume.
Speaker 5: We would you rather do firing squad or would you rather have this happen to you? Because here's one of the problems with the lethal injection that happened previously in South Carolina and inmate died with lungs massively swollen and blood and fluid because you know, the injection didn't go well when it was like a kin to drowning, right, just kind of living it. You know, I'm drowning would probably be more peaceful than that than your organ's just swelling up. But the problem is, and his lawyer's like he goes, they don't detail how you're going to do it. They you want to be firing squad or you want to take the needle to your death. I want to fill those are your options.
Speaker 2: I want a fifty to fifty cocaine fentanyl mix.
Speaker 5: You killed those people I don't want to hear about the time I locked my entire staff in the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to rip a bunch of rails and not know what percentage of it is fentanyl, and you just see what happens.
Speaker 2: Die like di like old girl in Breaking Bad. That was a rough one, Jane.
Speaker 5: Dick Harpootlian is a former prosecutor who handled death penalty cases, and he was the guy who was like, you know what, the firing squad is less barbaric than the electric chair.
Speaker 2: Let's bring it on back. So he can blame Dick Harpoot for bringing it back. Dick, this hasn't happened in America since twenty ten. I can't believe it happened in twenty ten.
Speaker 1: I thought it hadn't happened since the Civil War, right, like eighteen hundred, Right.
Speaker 2: Pretty wild? Pretty wild? Uh, this is a wild and I've got audio for this one. A former Olympic snowboarder by the name of Ryan Wedding. He is a bad man. Let's take it to ABC News.
Speaker 11: This morning, the FBI says it's on the hunt for an Olympic athlete turned international drug kingpin. Agents announcing former Canadian snowboarder Ryan Wedding is now on the ten most wanted list, agents claiming Wedding is the head of a deadly drug smuggling ring, funneling thousands of kilos of cocaine into the US each year.
Speaker 12: Wedding went from being an elite athlete to running one of the most sophisticated drug trafficking networks in North America.
Speaker 11: Wedding rose to fame in two thousand and two, competing in the Giant slalom at the Salt Lake City Olympics, but less than a decade later he was in prison, caught trying to buy millions of dollars in cocaine. Once he was free, officials say he picked up where he left off now. Polis say Wedding, who uses the alias El Hefe, is the mastermind of a widespread operation trafficking drugs across the Americas, allegedly behind multiple murders. Investigators believe Wedding is running the operation from Mexico under the protection of El Chapo's notorious Sinaloa cartel. A ten million dollar reward is now being offered for information leading to weddings capture, with a warning he is considered armed and dangerous.
Speaker 2: Why thousand and two Olympic snowboarder now drug keep kingpin?
Speaker 1: Why did Danny McBride jump into the middle of that report and say what he had to say?
Speaker 2: I thought it helped. He looks a lot like the the guy who goes, what would you do if you won the lottery or something?
Speaker 1: I believe I do too, cheers that guy Jake's At the same time, he looks a lot like that actor. Is it that Rex Kwondo? Yeah, yeah, it is Rex Kwanda. Forgot that guy's name. They gut rules badass. I forgot's name too. It's kind of like a feminine name.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Man, when you have find it, when you're going bald on top and you still roll out the full perm mullet on the sides, that's dope. That is strong, a strong look. That's a guy that has saw a lot of cocaine. Just really, that guy's bad as. I would totally I would snowboard.
Speaker 2: With that guy all day.
Speaker 4: He was an Olympic Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two thousand and two, Yeah, that's twenty two years ago. He probably looked more fit back then went to jail, got out of jail, and got right back to it, Didrich Bader is the name of that.
Speaker 3: All go with? Elfe Like, can we pick something else?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Like a lobo? All right? Well I like the wolf? Yeah, the wolf or the boss? Right, isn't that it?
Speaker 4: But yeah, the boss is what they all go with. Be original, guys.
Speaker 5: Did you'll see the Southwest Airlines flight were from Houston to Phoenix where the lady got completely naked?
Speaker 2: Yes, here's it.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't seen the footage of her actual naked body. I just saw the news version of it. Yeah, I mean it's it's you know, everything I saw was black. I haven't seen any social media actual I haven't seen. Why do you have audio from one lady who was also was on the plane.
Speaker 14: She turned around facing us and stripped all of her clothes off. She then proceeded to make her way back towards the front of the plane and started banging.
Speaker 4: On the cockpit doors asking to be let in.
Speaker 14: And she was screaming when it first happened, it was really scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: On the video that's bleeped out on TMZ, it doesn't look like she's panicking or do anything aggressive.
Speaker 1: It almost looked like she was like dancing. Is this midflight, I think, so, Okay, yeah, that'd be pretty freaky because it's a wild card. Somebody's obviously crazy enough to take their clothes off. She's going through something horrible. And is she have the ability of opening a door?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: Or I don't know?
Speaker 1: Right, it seems like a strange time to dabble in old nude dancing. Yeah, and you said she put the ass an astronaut, right, I couldn't tell. I couldn't tell, but I'll tell you it did. Look she was dancing, like doing a pole dance or something. You said by the bathroom door. You said she was a thick white body.
Speaker 2: Be I did not say that. Was she not an astronaut? You couldn't tell. It was just kind of like a dancing star. Really, it was just like we couldn't tell a dancing What did y'all see? I heard she was an astronaut. There's no way she was an astronaut. Oh, she was wearing a diaper. I don't like she went in diaper off. Do they let people? Do they let?
Speaker 5: Are we still sending people into space since after the couple got stuck? They're not back yet?
Speaker 1: By the way, Really, are they Russians. They're not back are American people.
Speaker 2: This is a bad deal. It's a really bad deal.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: I could do another story, but I don't think we're gonna have enough time. I don't think we're having enough time. Daylight savings time. Guys, it's on Sunday. Let's let me stupid about this. Get your rest, fantastic. We can't have everyone dragon next week and the economy continues to tank because everyone's all tired at work. Next week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need everyone to get that extra rest and come in and give it your best. Uh pump like that pig at the seven eleven. Good job, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Coming up next to this very famous tex Mex restaurant is filing for bankruptcy. Let's talk a little Text Mex with you on the big finish next right here on the Ben and Skin Show, Happy Friday afternoon. Everybody been in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. We are wrapping up our week here. I hope you've enjoyed the time you spent with us all week long. Don't forget. If you have that iHeart app, you can always check out the podcast and boogie with benin skin all weekend long. This segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works, which is the brewery up there in Solina that Ben and I are partners in. And we got lots of good things going on this weekend. Man, everybody loves when we have Jazzy's Tacos and Big Lou Mitchellatta's. Those are being thrown down right now at Rollertown. The head there right now and you can get in on that. We got Happy Hour going on Isaac tonight, and then tomorrow's the celebration of Heat. It's the return of the Mingo Habinaro, so one of our legendary beers. It fits nicely with nineteen other fresh local beers that we have on tap. There's gonna be music in the evening. Two different food trucks when you talk about Cheddarwheel and then also Ricardo's Takoia is so good. I am going late tomorrow afternoon and I'm gonna smash. I'm gonna have beer and tacos. Would love to see you there at favorite restaurant or bar. We're distributed by Benny Keith. It's Rollertown beer Works. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: The thing's big Hello text mex News tend the week on the border, Mexican Grill and Cantina has filed for bankruptcy protection, citing pressure from inflation and changing customer behavior now on the border, ironically not owned on any border Northern Georgia.
Speaker 2: Is that where the lady was who couldn't get her cheese during the pandemic? No, that was Mikosina. Yeah, and they've recovered from that her not getting her cheese.
Speaker 5: I think she had to leave town too much social media. Yeah, I don't think she ever.
Speaker 1: That was actually I believe the one in my near my neighborhood over there in Alan and Alan, Yeah, I think it was. She never recovered, but me Cosina just continued to set records for sales.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: My family last night, my daughter had to a tract me and so they were out super late and they went to a restaurant in a very I don't want to call it out, but it was. They went to a pretty well known restaurant in a pretty well known, nice community that you think would be hustling and bustling. It was dead, like everywhere was dead. And so you mentioned consumer behavior changing. I think folks are holding one of their wallets right now pretty tightly.
Speaker 5: That's what they said, you know, citing pressure from inflation and changing customer behavior. In court papers, it said customers ate out less in recent years, which I get that. I think people do eat out less once there's kids. Once you have kids, probably eating out as much. I'm guessing, yeah, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: No, you're right.
Speaker 1: And part of the reason is kids are stupid and they don't have really good palettes. They only eat like three things, and so it sucks to go spend a bunch of money on a meal for them that they don't eat. Yeah, they could just they just you know, like eat at home. I have the cheese that you want at home, because kids love cheese.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Also the problem with tax macs in particular is you look at the ingredients and you go, why is that entree nineteen dollars.
Speaker 5: It's also says they've struggled to recruit and retain workers. There's a bankruptcy. Hooters just did it. Well, we might see a lot of restaurants file for bankruptcy. They'll still they're still working, They're still out there. There's still let's see, they closed forty locations last month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's about to get better. Put it like that.
Speaker 1: How many on the borders are there? I only know of like one in town sixty and eighteen states. Oh, so they cut two thirds of their on the borders. It sounds like, all right, the one in Denton is still there, right.
Speaker 5: One in Denton, I don't know. The one on which Tall Falls is still kicking. I know that because you know, when I go see my parents are like, it's a lot of places to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: Now, Channel eight sparked a text Mex controversy before this story even broke. They just put out a list and it was nothing more than just probably a little bit of engagement farming. Uh, here's a list of eight iconic tex Mex restaurants in North Texas.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what was on the list. And then they got bombarded with people going, no, this place should be on the place should be on those during the time.
Speaker 4: That's not authentic.
Speaker 2: I know for sure, Joe T's is on there. Joe Ts is on there.
Speaker 1: Desperados does person not make the one made the secondary list?
Speaker 5: Uh, Polito's Kitchen in Cantina, the original Mexican eats cafe.
Speaker 2: These are all fourth places right now. Gay, guess I don't know those last two lost of the Cattle's fourth and then over in Dallas Micosina, Manny's, Mariano's Hacienda, and El Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Dude, I feel like Micasin is undefeated. It's great, so good. You just can't miss anytime you go there.
Speaker 2: Agreed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know that they're a place that gets called out whenever the Rolling Stones are in town for years, Mombo Talxi, No, Gloria's.
Speaker 1: Is is some It's different, right, It's not text Mex. There's Salvadorian. Yeah, there, well, there's they have three different parts of their menu. One part is text Mex, one part is Salvadorian. Really, I would say that it is also excus.
Speaker 3: It is we live within walking distance of one. It's dangerous, so good, amazing.
Speaker 2: It's the third part of their menu. Kids, it's beaned it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I gotta you said, there's three parts of the mirror are there's like tex Mex, Salvadorian, and I can't remember what this.
Speaker 2: Middle o. Uh so here's the.
Speaker 5: Place is that The readers threw in over a dozen emails, mentioned Pape's and Mitos which is Elm Street and Dallas.
Speaker 2: That's deep, Ellen, I don't know. I've never heard of it.
Speaker 5: Uh oh hate us beat us. This produs Noiladas. Achiladas is off Greenville Avenue. I've never heard of Enchilada's. Enchilada's is again not a super creative name. Do they serve Enchilada's there?
Speaker 2: That's their go to? Okay? Yeah, yeah, I thought it might be because he is Casita. That's like the donut place called Donuts.
Speaker 1: Yeahaa, Tupinamba that is the home of the hangover taco.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Chip's Tacos is supposed to be the best hangover cure. That's not like some sort of Asian soup. I loved when Topinamba was on Jeopardy that one time. And I guess Colorado Rockies that was wonderful.
Speaker 2: Sorry, is that the A and M guy?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Great. Eddie Deminiez took Thomas Jefferson to the state high school basketball championship in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 2: I believe you never forget.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Costin Navarro off Marshall Holy free holies over there, richardson walking distance from my house. I went to a holloay for holies. A time or two pretty little marks pretty good?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah, you just said you support them and you raise your voice like well.
Speaker 5: The problem that they have is if I was going to walk to Holy for Hollies, I might stop off at Swainyo.
Speaker 2: First, a better Tex Mex restaurant. Oh okay, the local business in your community, trying to make it there. It goes that endorsement.
Speaker 1: Good listener. Uh works over at Swainyo as well too. That's a great sat me to tell you guys. Do you guys are you guys Taco Joint fans? Of course, I'm away on board. I'm way on board with Taco Joint. I think the world is They're amazing.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I stopped there frequently. Right there at Inwood across from Jesuit you can have breakfast and nure or two on a breakfast talk. Oh man, how many are there? There's mocking Bird, there's in Wood there more than that.
Speaker 2: There's one of Bishop Bart's we went last week. Yeah, there's there's one off casting m Street's area. There's one, okay, and then there's uh, you said, mocking Bird. There's also one over here in Addis and that's not too far. Maybe it would technically be North Dallas off Preston. Uh, I tell you that much, Gabrie and Sofia emanuels Man.
Speaker 1: No one can understand the words you're saying. Hellvsino bandidos Bandidos is good.
Speaker 2: It's over there in Snyder Plaza, Matt's Rancho Martinez in Allen. Oh, yeah, I've been there. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I guess Matt Matt's staff probably waited in there. Matitios what Metito's Matdo's off Forest? I see that e Bar Haskell Haskell Avenue.
Speaker 2: You ever been to e Bar?
Speaker 13: I have?
Speaker 2: It's been before the pandemic.
Speaker 1: E Bar feels like one that was around and like when you all were growing up. But they fancied it up.
Speaker 4: Dude. E Bar is packed every time I try to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you know they fancied it up on the cocktail side and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: MIA's off Lemon Avenue is an interesting one, very delicious, very small. I remember the first time I went there there was like seven members of the Polyphonic Spree having just a bunch of Mexican fit and hey, guys doing that weird.
Speaker 2: They were in in their biggest groupie great guys. One day. They weren't wearing robes.
Speaker 1: So, uh, MIAs is obviously legendary because that's where Jimmy met Jerry and the picture ended up in the Dallas Morning News. And it's also it's the same family that me Cosina split off of and then what happened was it splintered off of MIA's and then uh Ray Washburn got involved and exploded me Cosina, And that's why it's everywhere. But that's why Ernie's chicken is the same as Ernesto's Pachuga de poyo or no, Yeah, so you know patchuga day whatever. It's the same dish, but it's named differently. One is Ernie's and one of Arnesto's because it came from that MIAs.
Speaker 2: Is MIAs where we'd go meet machine.
Speaker 1: No, so that's that place is called. That's over there right by neighborhood Services. What is the name of that place that's just west of the toll way on Lovers I know the vicinity, Yeah, killed there by inwood tavern kind of that are you time out tavern area? I can't reader the name of it. I probably pulled up on a mat. It looks like this MIA's menu.
Speaker 5: Uh Herrera's classic Dallas, Mexican restaurant as well. Uh, they sit down. Also, I'll say this was sent in by many listeners to Channel eight, who pissed everyone off when they put out eight iconic textbox restaurants. Lastly on there was Ponchos Mexican.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. Why would somebody include Ponchos in this discussion? You love it, man, Ponchos is amazing.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's basically bathroom fuel. It's essentially if it was a pitcher, it would be a middle reliever. It would be it's not good enough to be a starter. It's definitely not a closer, but you let it pitch when you're losing seventeen to four to the Royals and you're already in the third inning. It is certainly budget food.
Speaker 2: I have never been.
Speaker 1: I should just call it that Poncho's budget food, budget cafe.
Speaker 2: That's a buffer, right, it's a buffet? Is that's the player?
Speaker 1: I can't remember if it's a buffet so much as you go through and then you raise the flag and they bring more too. Yeah, and dude, I'll tell you those chicken floutas are magical. But you see them in your toilet shortly thereafter.
Speaker 5: Is there any other Mexican food chains or anything that come to mind? There's one that you know. I'll get to two that I've stopped, you know, every once in a while. My wife doesn't like Uncle Julio's as much as I do. I love their salsa at Uncle Julio's.
Speaker 2: Chewi's Chewi's is legit. Yes, Chewie I do too. Yeah, solid ever time get that what is it called big as your head burrito or big as your face burrito?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think got like a Jlipino ranch dip. That's just the boobs.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm real ones though. You just get that appetizer sampler going, Oh dude, do you get a little bit of everything? Your Gucci fan too, Margerita is deep. Yep, you're having the time of your life.
Speaker 2: Yep. All right. I'm sitting here trying to helping him a lot.
Speaker 1: Sitting here trying to look at lovers in Inwood area to try to find that place, and I just can't find it.
Speaker 3: Man, place A lot of tacovino is great. Where's that It's down Aisha barb? Well, yes, it's fantasy. It's more like street tacos, but they are.
Speaker 2: So good, delicioso.
Speaker 1: Man, it is imperative right now if you want to support, if you love a restaurant, you know, get out there and support it as much as you can.
Speaker 2: It is not great right now. Tough times for the yep, yep, all right. Uh, I hope everyone had a wonderful week.
Speaker 1: And now at five almost six o'clock on a Friday, you're rushing out to eat some Mexican food.
Speaker 2: That is going to do it for us.
Speaker 1: Now, don't forget, MAVs is early tonight, so regame is early. But I'll never forget the time that KT looked Poncho dead in the eye and he said was into today, And it was strange.
Speaker 2: No Iem was sure what that meant. All right, stick around right here on the eagle.
Speaker 6: Here you going, well, I'm gonna get my sack back, dude
Speaker 2: God bless Jesus,