Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty is.
Speaker 2: Later with mo Kelly Live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app. What the hell is up with Nick Polliokanni?
Speaker 3: How you doing? I gotta say now, I'm not to interrupt you and not to do a promo for you, but if you have not caught Later with mo Kelly tonight, you need to catch the podcast because it had just been good from open seven till nine and hopefully I can keep the energy going for you. Where can they find the show? It can be on the iHeartRadio app. That's twenty four to seven. My favorite that you can always see be posting is KFI AM six forty dot compord slash listen, So if you happen to be online, you can also catch in your car KFI AM six forty. Are you anywhere that you get your podcasts? Any platform that you're looking for? So, but I had a late night last night. That's where I'm going to take us first. So the focus for today is going to be trying to as the weather is turning, getting us out and about a little bit more. Not to steal that tie from somebody else here on KFI that works the morning hour. But anyway, last night it was out super super late. And it's because are you familiar with the Grunion Do you know the Grunnion run? Yes? Yes, so it was the first one it is as a kid. Yeah, so I was gonna say, you got to go out and do it again if you've never done it before. Cabrio State Beach near the like in the South Bay La Harbor is an easy one. I've done it there. They also have it in Long Beach. That's where we went. Actually it was Cabrea Beach, which is and it's the easiest one and it's specifically because California Department of Fish and Wildlife are always out there to make sure that everything is going smoothly with it. So was there last night until this early morning. And that was the first run. So it started on the fourteenth, and it went through last night into this morning. And so the next one is coming up Saturday, the twenty ninth. So not to steal Natica's you know, weekend idea, but for the final weekend of the month, Saturday and Sunday, you'll be able to catch it for that if you're looking to get out about so pretty much Grunnion are the it's and it kind of doesn't go with the only fan story we had earlier on. But the reason that they are coming and the Grunni and are running our fish that spawn in the sand in the shallow waters of the coastal areas here of southern California. So you're literally I mean, I Sam, oh no, Sam's not there. I was gonna say, can I get let's get it on. Oh you are there, Okay, I'm here, Okay, But I was just like, this is like definitely very white music style. So because the thing is is it has to be late at night when they're out there running up onto the beach and they're spawning. There you go. So it's a really good time if you've never experienced before. It is definitely one of those quintessential coastal southern California things. A lot of schools back in the day used to there we go, thank you, There we go, sam my first, my last, my everything, There you go. But this is something that I would highly recommend. You can get details about it at Nick Polio Keno this with a Nick on Instagram. The Lincoln Bio has more details for you there. But like, so you've done the grunning and run. It's been a few years, but you can can. It's a very interesting and unique experience. Oh, it is that.
Speaker 2: And I didn't really fully process it as a child, right, it was a school of field trips.
Speaker 3: Yes, And the thing is what's odd is you actually can care them or can catch them with your bare hands, and they can be consumed. Although I you know, I'm not no, I'm a huge seafood person. This is probably not the one especially because and not just that, but you know, if they're getting it on, I don't want to interrupt they're spawning rituals. So but that is something. But if you're looking to do something still in the South Bay, and this is from my favorite botanic garden here in southern California, the South Coast Botanic Garden, which has a unique story. We've talked about it here later with mo Kelly. It was a trash site in the South Bay originally and it has since become a botanic garden and it's really they did the really cool during the pandemic. They had the disco. They was chic. They did a whole like outdoor disco socially distant thing that was incredible. You Also, they had the trolls, which I talked about, like the eight you know, several stories tall trolls. And what they've got coming up this weekend is going to be a celebration of everything agave. So even though I don't drink anymore, agave is a delicious sweet nectar that can eventually become tequila. So that is something to check out. That's in the South Bay. It's really really inexpensive. It's fifteen bucks for the general public, or if you're looking for a little bit more of a tipsy experience, VIP tickets are thirty seven dollars and if you're a member, which I am, it's free general admission or twenty bucks for VIP admission for that. So the thing is, we've got so much in our own backyard. And as again, as said as the weather is turning to be a little bit more hospitable, still a little chilly, a little bit rain chill, a little windy, been real windy, but it's time to get back out and about and that's kind of my thing. I mean, I went to Mammoth to do snowboarding. They just had a huge another dump of snow in Mammoth. Wish I could go this weekend. You went since the last time you got snowed in, No, that was the last time, And I wish I could go this weekend because they literally just had this huge dump when we just had the rain here. I forget how many inches or feet at that point, but it just and you know that I wish translated to our closer mountains a little bit better. We still have some snow in Rightwood. We still have some snow in the same Redino Mountains over in Big Bear and Arrowhead and all that, so but that's a little bit less. I mean, you can definitely still they're grooming the mountains, so you can still go skiing and snowboarding everything else. But if you want like insanity six hours north up to Mammoth, I mean, that's it. Just like we talked about getting snowed in, and that's not the first time I've been snowed in, and last time it happens a few years back, I wasn't even to be able to make it back for the show. So there's that also. Something that I've talked about before, but I love to always push it is the National History Museum in Exposition Park, so deep in the heart of la It is the this weekend actually coming back, and if you happen to be a member there, you've got a preview coming up. But it is going to be the Butterfly Pavilion. So I'm the Halloween kid and I love the Spider Pavilion that comes in the fall. Here's what happens the Butterfly Pavilion pretty much it runs through the summer to August twenty fourth, So it opens this Sunday, runs through August twenty fourth. Then what butterflies may be around also stick around to become food for the Spider Pavilion, which opens is exactly the same place. So it's you know, circle, circle of life, you know. But that's a great opportunity for you. It's ten dollars per person gadmission if you're a member of the National History Museum. Again, I'm trying to keep it super inexpensive to encourage you to get out. And also a former school trip. Correct, No, that's exactly it, because I mean I was I grew up in the Inland Empire. I was born in Upland and raised now Talloma, and we used to come all the way out here. We did the same Ridino County Museum and everything else as well, but we came all the way to Expo Park to do the museums that are here. And I mean I was born in eighty one and in eighty four we had the Olympics, right, No, it's easy. So anyway, so those are the fun things and then the biggest thing that is coming up is going to be a little bit further out and it's already underway. Actually, no, it starts off for Thursday Friday. Check in my facts there we got Thursday. Gotta keep it right, fact check yourself. I love going out to the desert and one of the things that's really impressive is being able to go to Living Desert, which is a zoo and botannic garden out in Palm Desert or like Palm Springs. And they have done this for a few years and they kind of change the time period. But it's Glow in the Park so from the twentieth through April twenty seven, so it opens this Thursday, runs through April. You can see these beautiful lanterns, like huge animal lanterns, different wildlife that are in and among the existing exhibits that are there now. Granted, all the animals, the real animals have gone to bed become this time period, although a lot of them are nocturnal, so you may hear sounds and you may see some movements, but you're not going to get a beautiful view of all those incredible animals that live out there. But this is something that people go year after year after year to go see because while some lanterns say the same and we've got similar things that happen, like the Garden in Arcadia also here at the La Zoo, but this one is really special because you're out in nature, you're out in the middle of nowhere, and it really is different. It's a different experience, and it's still if you're looking for those chili experiences, it is real cold, still out in the desert.
Speaker 2: You give us such great information and I'm amazed. As an Angelino. Some of this I obviously did know, like the Grunion Run, some of it I did not know.
Speaker 3: See that's but that's what I love because there's so much that we don't do in our own backyard. And having you being born and raised, me being born and raised here in La Or in the South Southland, and the Inland Empire. From me, there's so much that we don't do, and I know, I like you, and many people don't want to necessarily do the touristy things. Granted I go to Disneyland and Universal Studios and do all the theme parks. I do a lot of touristy stuff, but the bigger and more exciting things for me are what's in our backyard? Absolutely what can we do to support our local community? And also, as always you know last Colum Free ninety nine is how we roll, so trying to make sure that it is being aware of your time, energy and effort is what's being spent, and a little less on the pocketbook.
Speaker 2: We'll have more with Nick POULIOCHETI just a moment and find out what else is up with Nick.
Speaker 1: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on demand from kf I A M six forty.
Speaker 4: What's you? What grew up?
Speaker 3: What did he change that? I was gonna say? Eric Clesardo obviously sent us a new one, and Samon's confirming, yes, I see it there.
Speaker 5: It got sent to me hot off the presses from Twala himself.
Speaker 3: I said, those are not the same lyric. No, I was impressed because I was like, it's fantastic, it's a rework and it gives us a little bit more for Tuesday Night. Thank you, Eric, Eric Lesarto, You're amazing. We appreciate you greatly. And a huge fan, huge fan and huge friend of KFI. Absolutely always jumping right back into it though and again getting into that free ninety nine and last call. If you are a Catholic, you may or may not know that tomorrow is Saint Joseph's Day. So the nineteenth of March every year Saint Joseph's Day. Why do we care about that if you're not Catholic, Well, it is the day that this swallows return to the church in Sane Calpastrano. Yeah, so Swallows Day is actually tomorrow. The reason I talk about it is because this weekend is the huge Swallows Day celebration that happens every year in San ue Capistrano. And it's a Las Colndrinas, if I remember correctly, as the name of Swallows yesterday Las Colndrinas, which is the best party for the barbad Right. There you go. If you're not familiar, then I don't know what to tell you. If you have not grown up in southern California. The event has always been closely tied to the nineteenth of March because of Saint Joseph's state coincidentally, and it's been reserved observed that way for centuries. But the modern celebration was popularized by Father Saint John O'Sullivan in the twenties and according to legend, Father O'Sullivan and by the swallows to nest at Mission San Juan Capistrano after seeing a shopkeeper destroying their nest elsewhere in town another childhood school trip. Right, I was gonna say, so, I'm hitting all the like the harm my Marsa. The swallows migrate every year up from Argentina. They nest and raise their young in the eves of the missions and surrounding area. What did migrate from Argentina? Argentina, Argentina and then over time the celebration has grown to include cultural events and festivities, including this weekend. So the Swallows Day Parade. I am not doing it this year because I've got a couple other things going on that I'll talk about. But in years past I've actually m seed or I've been the announcer for the Swallows Day Parade in San Juan Capistrono. It's always a blast if you're going to go number one free ninety nine. I love that. But beyond that, it is making sure that you give yourself plenty of time. And that is because you get off that or take a highway on the five. Now this is going back to my traffic days, but there will be a good mile or two backup, both north and south on and the five it or take a highway. Really, it's so popular, and I think it is because it's free ninety nine, but it's also something that is so culturally relevant to South Orange County. It brings people from la it brings people from the Inland Empire, brings people up from San Diego. So give yourself plenty of time to get it. The theme this year is Lasso's and Lace, and the Bud Bud Wiser Clydesdalees will also be there, so they'll be I don't know if they're the Grand Marshals per se. That's a whole different ballgame here. It comes to right, comes to big number one, but Wiser beer. Are you old enough time? I'm old enough to do it. Yes, no, no, no, I wasn't drinking back then. But yes, no, but the thing that's funny and just a tangent. Briefly, our generations had the most amazing jingles. Absolutely, there is nothing like that. Now you've got fun, memeable things that are there. You've got so many fun different takes, but it's not to the level of the marketing that was around so many different corporations, and I mean, you know, we just grew up with that.
Speaker 2: That was but that was the only way you could really reach people correct radio or TV, and if you had the there had to be something that was going to stick in your ear.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Here.
Speaker 4: Comes the king, Here comes the big number one, but wiser beer, the king is second. Then none, just say but wise' you've said it all. Here comes the King of beer. Solt you guys, let's hit But why the beer's the one that's leading the list and say, still tell you there's one.
Speaker 3: But it is stun with me for at least forty years. Yeah, easily, No, they're totally and it's it's that's fun. Yeah, I'm sorry. But then that was a nice desician. No, that was a good I love it because I mean there was that, but like the funnier one that came to mind immediately was Rotor Ruter Road. That's the name, and away you go, troubles down the train rot Yeah. Yeah. The best that we you don't get to see. The thing that we get to experience here is seeing each other and seeing how everybody's reacting to those jingles and music.
Speaker 2: You light up because it hits somewhere in our memory. We're like, yes, I remember watching that quick first aid for Claus sewers and stop that drains the wonderful road machine twists and.
Speaker 3: Turns and shaves line clean ro and away troubles down the Now play the cheach and strong version of that. I haven't reached. Later with Kelly after dark, QUI we're there. We already talked about only Thames.
Speaker 6: I know, you know you could almost get away with that one these days.
Speaker 3: Probably I was gonna say, but maybe don't risk it. Yeah, I don't know. I got you one more thing to talk about real quick is it says our Chavez Family Day is going to be this weekend. That is happening in the La Plaza de Colcura Artes, the Plaza of Culture and Art. If you're not familiar with Alvara Street, that is where it is located, so Alvera Street is Yeah, another field trip like I have covered. And I think that's the thing that's so interesting because my niece, one of my nieces, Emily, she's actually on Do you remember doing it? Was either fourth or fifth grade and we would go to the mountains. Did you do that field trip? No, we didn't go to the mountains? Okay, because so maybe oh okay, So that's Haley and Ella, my nieces in San Clemente do that? Is it right out of data point? And they've done that a couple of times. Emily from my family in Long Beach that she is on her fifth or fourth and fifth grade. I'm sure people are yelling at the radio right now, but fourth or fifth grade you get to go to the mountains and you're there for a week. So it's like your very first co ed. I understand. We didn't know. It's okay, I missed out. Yeah, I apologize. I was doing great.
Speaker 2: Like we didn't have elaborate field trips like that. We didn't have any type of overnight See.
Speaker 3: I remember having to raise money for it. We'll put that much, and I know that I had to donate some money for Emily to go. So now the furthest I think we went with Sam Juan Cavastrom, which makes sense, I get it. But so that's not so much else is going on around the South Plan. Also, if you happened to I caught me last week, I talked about the game Man's Course of Los Angeles. They have their Rhinestone Cowboys show this weekend. I will be there, so if you are going, be sure to say what's up ron Stone Cowboy? I should love that song, But it's so funny because there's so much much more involved. There's like country covers of pop artist and there's just so much settled happening for that. So if you want to check it out again this week of a Nick or Nick poulio'cane on Instagram. Yes, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: The first time I heard about the Gabe Men's Course of Los Angeles, they would always sing at the PBS. Yeah, Christmas Eve special corrections downtown.
Speaker 3: I think the Dorothy Chandler.
Speaker 2: Yes, And because my family will watch that every single year and they were always the best choir every single year.
Speaker 3: It's funny because so talking to Louis Pistow, who is the director of the program or the executive director. That's it. They've done the Grammys, they've done the Auscars, They've done all these different award shows and the thing that again we talked about last week. But it's so interesting. It's not just gay men either, No, it is all Southern Californians who can carry a tune. As long as you can do ten or one, ten or two to carry you too, there are expectations, well not just that, but now you also have to be almost a triple threat because you have to at least be two of the three of being able to dance and sing, because they do an entire production number of so many things. Just looking at it, it'll be Beyonce, Brandy, Carlisle, lil Na's ex Chapelerone, also Dolly Parton, Reba McIntyre, Shania Twain, Casey Musgraves, the Chick Charge, repertoire, lots of it. It's going to be happening again this weekend, both on Friday and our Saturday and Sunday this weekend, and then I will be there on the Saturday show the twenty second. It's too bad I have to go to break because I could do this all night I'd love to and I get you know, I've got you, yea. I have so much and more to go through. But again, if you want to learn more, always social media. Instagram is the easiest. Nick pollio'chani or this weekend and Nick the Lincoln Bio has all the details for you. I'll see you soon. Oh absolutely, you better believe it all right.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: Mister bo Kelly, We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. It's hard to believe that Happy Gilmore came out almost thirty years ago in nineteen ninety six, and it's a movie. If I were to watch it tonight, it probably would seem dated. It was a part of those nineties comedies, those Ben Stiller esque comedies. They were just funny. Adam Sandler is doing now Happy guild More too. It will be on Netflix. I think it's coming out like first week in July. And I probably am in the minority on this being a huge Happy Gilmore fan, I don't know if I really want to see Happy Guildmore too. And the reason I say that there is an expiration date for some of these movies, and some of these sequels, these legacy sequels where you may have thirty years in between, like a Maverick Top Gun two, like a Coming to America two, or even now you have a Happy guild More too. Part of the reason why those other examples probably worked better as you had most of the principal cast, like even Beverly Hills Cop four, and they got it in right before Taggert died. That's my concern. And with Happy Gilmore two, there are a lot of the funny moments that we cannot really relive in Happy Gilmore one, and that makes me kind of sad and makes me not want to see Happy Gilmore too. Yes, you get Julie Bowen, who's gonna play Virginia again. I assume you'll probably have Christopher McDonald the Shooter McGavin. But you're not gonna have Bob Barker. I don't think you're even going to have the jeering fan from the first one. I don't see him on the IMDb list. You're not gonna have Richard Keel who played Jaws in the James Bond movies. Obviously, you're not gonna have Carl Weathers. Those are things that are kind of essential.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I would love to have some sort of I don't know, throwback to Chubbs. Just that's not going to happen. Now Here is the trailer for a Happy Gilmore Too. It's more music than anything, but you get a sense of what it feels like.
Speaker 3: Arnold Jacko, Tiger, SpongeBob, what is that? What's with the beaver teeth? I haven't sworn a cover of years. I'm a little intimidated. All these guys hit it big now I don't.
Speaker 4: Know where to start.
Speaker 3: Come on, brother, grip it and rip it.
Speaker 6: I guess I need to update my happy place to something a little more age appropriate.
Speaker 2: Montage are trying to get back in shape.
Speaker 3: Mister Gilmore. Hold, we're not done with Golfer. I can see a happy fall in love. But yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Don't what a lot like tread for that one?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 3: I am so sorry.
Speaker 2: There will be Ben Stiller, who's going to be in it, Bad Bunny looking at Yeah, Shooter McGavin is going to be in Happy Gilmore Too. They'll have a probably a cavalcade of professional golfers, real professional golfers making cameos. But you know, I don't know if there's going to be a Rob Schneider character and they're talking about.
Speaker 3: You can do it. There has to be, There has to be, but there has to be.
Speaker 7: This trailer gave me all the fill Why what because I remember the movie so fondly and to see happy Gilmore the character grow to not be still a silly numbskull, but to have matured and coming back out and having to approach the game with the same finesse that made him who he was. But he's older now. Now he's gotta even take it even more serious. Thirty years older. Yes, this to me, the way that Adam Sandler is playing this, I like this Adam Sandler. I like older actors who are able to weave there being older into the storyline, not trying to act around it, like this isn't an Adam Sandler who's trying to die his hair and look younger and see you. No, He's like, look, I want to do this film again. I need to acknowledge that this character has grown older. This character's more mature. How can I do this story and still be funny Adam Sandler but make it make sense for the happy Gilmour.
Speaker 2: Fan the cameos have to be on hit absolutely, some we just don't see coming. Maybe blend some universes within the happy excuse me, the Adam Sandler family of films.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Nick Polychni, you didn't leave yet, what do you think? I'm yeah, it's so funny. So while I was listening to it, when we were all listening to it, that's the first time that I've actually watched the trailer. Seen the trailer. There's a lot of cameos in this, and I don't I love everything you guys have talked about, and I'm on the same page with you, but I I don't want to give it away because I want people to check out the trailer. But there's some random, random people that are thrown in there outside of these really cool throwbacks or cameos, because the same concept with you guys have described. I would love to see some of these more modern comedians or whatever is like the children or the whatever related to some of the characters from the first one. So maybe while the family, you know, we don't got a chubs right exactly. And I kind of an idea, I have an idea of who would be good in the cast that might do something like that, But then you've got some really odd choices, like certain people from the music industry that are showing up in certain roles, and certain people from professional sports that are not golf that are showing up in certain roles. Right, And that's why I'm saying, like I'm being very specific of not naming names, but while I'm watching it and feel all the fields, just like T said, I'm also watching and going why are you in this? Why are you here? Like this isn't an SNL skit after skit after skit. I want just what it is. I want to see where they are, and like you reference, it's the best thing to I want to see where it is this many years later. I don't need to do a rehash and I don't need to have all the great memeable moments.
Speaker 2: Uh sorry, No, I don't want to say because I'm less enthusiastic than the rest of you. And that's only because I hold the original such high stream.
Speaker 3: I get it, that's all, you know.
Speaker 5: I came in enthusiastic, but after seeing the trailer I lost enthusiasm. Because a certain movies they hold a certain place and should kind of be held in isolation.
Speaker 3: You don't you certainly need to have.
Speaker 5: Any continuance on it, And I feel like this might just be like either paying off on one of those movies he has to do for Netflix or cash grap So look, I am all about nostalgia.
Speaker 2: Anyone who knows me knows that I'm all about nostalgia. And I love me some Adam Sandler. I'm just saying what we're being shown. I might pass, I might pass.
Speaker 3: It's free. You already got the subscription Kelly viewing party, because that would be great for what's up an egg.
Speaker 2: See, the problem is Mark won't go to my house. He's afraid to go into a black neighborhood. Well, not for that movie, I'm not.
Speaker 6: I mean listen, having grown up next to a golf course, at least Adam Sandler's now at the age where people get away from their families and go play golf.
Speaker 3: That's what that's for.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, If I am six forty everywhere, I heart ready at.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And for my final thought this evening, I wanted to talk about the Democrats and the general storyline of late is that the Democrats have hit their lowest level of popularity in a generation or ever, or something like that. Most of the stories are somewhere along those lines. Everybody hates Democrats, and if you ever listen to this show for any length of time, you would know. I don't do polls or approval ratings. To me, they're a little different than asking someone if they're hungry or if they're ready to go to the gym or something. Polls don't tell you much, and they all change with time or the weather. But the Democrats as a party have been going through some things. I wouldn't call it puberty, but they've been going something, going through some things. Voters have been voicing their displeasure with the DNC it's new leadership and all leadership for that matter. Democrats inside the party have voiced their displeasure the lack of strategy to respond to the Trump administration, and there are some high profile members who have either left the party or called for House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries to step up and meet the moment and force Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer to step down and call it a day. The latter who was out on an almost canceled book tour. That's the only way I can describe it, which is now some sort of explanation tour, trying to tell his side of the story as to why he decided to go along with Republicans and vote for the Continuing Resolution to keep the government open. Today, he was a guest on the View and this was his explanation.
Speaker 4: Great, what were you thinking? And why?
Speaker 8: Okay, So look, I knew it was a difficult choice, and I knew that I'd get a lot of criticism from my choice, but I felt as a leader, I had to do it. Here's why the CR bill was bad, no question, and it allowed a slush fund which allowed money to be pushed around expinding.
Speaker 3: For the part people who don't know what.
Speaker 8: CR means, continue the government spending a shutdown. The alternative is cut off the government spending. And here's what would happen if we cut off government spending. It would be devastation like we have never seen, worse than we're saying now much. Here's why. That's why I did it. I wasn't going to take this flat just for having a lot of fun. The bottom line is a government shutdown works like this, all government spending is stopped all and then the executive branch Trump, Musk, Doge and this real evil man. People don't know about Vote. Who's head of OMB. His name is Vote, And they could cut off anything they want simply by saying it's not essential. So Day two snap food for poor kids not essential. Day four mass transit New York City subway and subways all over not essential. Day seven Medicaid not essential.
Speaker 3: People don't need medicaid. They should get their own health care.
Speaker 8: And this would happen over and over and over again, and there's.
Speaker 2: No check in his explanation and reasoning. Is why the Democrats are rightly seen as dysfunctional. Whereas what Schumer said was factually accurate as to what happens during a shutdown. It's also a fact that nobody else at a damn party knew that that was going to be his play. The House stood in solidarity, obviously thinking that the Senate and Democratic Caucus as a whole were in agreement.
Speaker 3: They weren't.
Speaker 2: Schumer's decision caught most of the party by surprise. Also, the nature of the shutdown is not new. Everyone should have known. That's what's going to happen. Schumer acted like he had some last moment epiphany. He was not in possession of some secret knowledge. It was one of the few moments in which the Democrats could have demonstrated a united front and also forced Republicans to the table. But instead the Democrats got nothing except clown and the Republicans got everything they wanted. Was zero opposition, zero downside, publicly embarrassing Hakim Jeffreys and the party as a whole. A win win, win, win win, And although I don't personally care about polls, they do highlight how poorly the party handles its own messaging, creates a viable strategy, or connects with voters in a contemporary sense. They're not winning anybody over, not even Democrats. But here's something that the Republicans have mastered and the Democrats haven't even started practicing.
Speaker 3: The Republicans play to win, no matter the cost.
Speaker 2: Mitch McConnell didn't care that there was no constitutional precedent to hold up the Merrick Garland Scotis nomination because it was supposedly an election year.
Speaker 3: He did it because it was important to his party.
Speaker 2: He didn't mind seeming hypocritical by rushing through the Amy Cony Barrett Scotis nomination a week before a presidential election in the very next cycle. Why because it was important to the party, and the fruits of those labors are continuing to shape America at this very moment. Republicans play the long game. Democrats have no long range plan or strategy. Republicans play to win. Democrats played by the rules, or what they think are the rules. That's why Donald Trump can say I don't care what the judges say close quote, openly defy lawful rulings and there be neither consequences nor a democratic response. But despite all that, here's what I believe the media has missed in the assessment of the Democratic Party, which is not to be confused with the Democrat Party, which doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: It's March of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: There are no elections to win or lose on the immediate horizon. You don't select a prom queen during the third week of school. Some of the handwringing is definitely overblown. That's another lesson that Dems could learn from the Republicans. Stop panicking more than a year and a half before you have to worry about losing another election. I mean, you probably will, but at least you have time to prepare. Use it wisely for I am six forty. I'm Mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of misinformation out there, man.
Speaker 1: None of it is allowed here ks.
Speaker 3: I'm kost HG Twob Chandlers, Orange County lot everywhere on the iHeartRadio West