Speaker 1: Jenline says, this is about the weather. We've got a cloudy day to day rain north of the Ohio. If there's going to be rain, sixty six for the high, mostly cloudy every night, fifty excuse me, fifty for the low. Cloudy for the most part, with a slight chance of afternoon rain of Mars seventy two will be the high overnight little of fifty three with clouds and a cloudy Thursday l s seventy five fifty two degrees.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's get a traffic up date Chuck from the UC Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why uce health is the clear choice for rapid by saving treatment. Learn more at ucehealth dot com. Northbound seventy one crews continue to work with an accident at Ridge that traffic heavy from before the lateral Mendo sload. Traffic continues into Kenwood sathbound seventy one break lights Fields, Dirdle passed Red Bank North two seventy five heavy out of east Gate to an accident at twenty eight in Milford where the right lanes remain blocked. Shot thingra Month fifty five k ra CD talk station.
Speaker 1: Ay thirty if aty five KRCD Talk station. Always look forward to the time of the week because we get to talk to Daniel Davis doing the Daniel Davis Deep Dive with retired Lieutenant colonel of course, Daniel Davis, Welcome back, my friend. It's always a pleasure having you on the program.
Speaker 3: Always good to see you, Brian, good morning. Always had a conversation. Though global conflict is the subject matter we go over with Daniel Davis every week, and as we have been for quite a few months. Now, let's start with We're going to move over to talk about Israel and Gaza, but let's start with Russia.
Speaker 1: And I don't know. My perception of the news of late is that Vladi Putin's really just not interested in settling this thing and he's just going to continue to wage war and take over more and more of Ukraine. If I got that just sort of summed up well enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a change. Though the Russians have been saying, especially since Trump was inaugurated, that they're willing to make a deal, but the terms are very draconian, very hard, and they have said unambiguously in the open, not in back diplomatic channels that either they'll get this on they'll achieve their security objectives on the negotiating table or on the battlefield. I actually had the deputy Russian UN ambassador on my show last week and I point blank ask him that, I said, if you don't get it, will you keep fighting? And he almost dismissed and said, well, we've never said anything besides that, So yes, that's the case. And now then we see it playing out on the battlefield and Russia, from what I can observe along the entire front line, Russia is making preparations now as though there won't be any negotiated settlement and they'll continue on forward. And the moves are not good from the Ukraine side, and don't pretend well, which should signal that they need to finally just suck down their pride and make a negotiated deal on bad terms, because right now it's either bad terms or no terms at all, and except for terms of surrender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my perception of the events going on. And didn't I read the other day that Ukraine launched into Russian territory a strike and is my recollection that wrong? That they're still firing off drones or whatever into Russian territory.
Speaker 3: Brian that was last not again, Okay, I did consecutive notes. They have fired into into Moscow in attempt to disrupt putens may not celebration. Zelensky has openly said, I can't guarantee anybody's safety who's attending that parade, So it's continuing to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, zero military benefit, none, that's I don't even think that can have a psychological benefit other than to rile the Russians up even further, to want to run the Ukrainians out of the out of existence. That just and it has no military benefit to the Ukrainians. If they've got any missiles left, shouldn't they be lobbing them at the Russian front?
Speaker 3: Listen, I just got to tell you there is an opening in the White House for National Security advisor and you should apply. So you've got it spot on. That is exactly right. There's no military value, not even especially not tactical. But only thing that can if they succeed at this, especially if they do anything to disrupt the actual ceremony itself on the not is to enrage the questions and make them drive even harder. So yes, you're spot on.
Speaker 1: I you know, terrorist attacks is one of the reasons we end up in the Middle East for a decade plus, right, you know, you enrage a society of people, they are going to stand up and rise up and go after you. So again, I don't understand what the hell's going on in Zelensky's mind, but then again, I don't know that anybody does. So if it's gonna settle, it's gonna resolve, it's gonna have to be Ukraine putting its you know, have to suck it up, give up some territory in order to get some peace and end the slaughter of their civilians, because there's no way they can win this war. I think we've ended up at this place previously. Daiel this right, I hate to laugh about it.
Speaker 3: There's there's no rational way to end in a different place. But as you said, Zelensky resumed today he was he was in the Czech Republic today signing some documents and still saying I was watching the press conference just before we came on the air here and and he's talking likely that it's still a decision that could go either way, and we just need few more artillery shells and thanks for this support here and all this no possibility, no hint that he's going to do anything differently, Okay, and.
Speaker 1: Real quick before we pivot over to Israel and Kaza. This minerals deal that we signed with Ukraine, that sounds to me like it's going to establish an American footprint by way of putting American business interest in there in order to do extraction work, which provides a mechanism for us to have to stand up and defend American interest in a foreign country. I don't know if that's a positive development, Daniel Davis, your thoughts, Well, that.
Speaker 3: First of all implies that some company is going to be willing to put their people in harm's way. It's also assumes that there's gonna be a Ukraine controlled area to do these minerals distraction, and it implies that there's gonna be billions of dollars and that's a bee or at least hundreds of millions in infrastructure development, and that will take multiple years. So this is something that's kind of a head scratcher to me because it has no near term impact one way or the other.
Speaker 1: All right, fair enough, pivoting over to Gaza, a couple of headlines in front of the Israel prepares Operation Gideon's Chariots to take over Gaza, clear Jamas over to ms or MSN. Israel plans to occupy and flatten all of Gaza if no deal by Trump trip they got, I guess they claim they have enough resolve and enough resources to just, I don't know, wipe out whatever exists in Gaza and start from scratch. Daniel Davis, listen, I've been saying this, and I know some of your viewers don't like it. Since this we started talking about this many many months ago, Israel has choosing to use military means to try and achieve the unattainable. You're not gonna kill your way to victory here, And I mean, what have they not done over nineteen months that suddenly they're gonna start doing now and get a different outcome you have? I mean, the entire population is completely stoke. They have no other alternatives. They can't even quote surrender, this idea that they should voluntarily go somewhere else. Only there's nowhere else to take them, so they can't go anywhere else.
Speaker 3: So then what are you going to do? And every time you kill somebody that's not a Hamas person. In all these attacks, you raise up more every time you do kill somebody. There's no shortage of men that's going to continue on the with the resistance. How could it be any other way? So I truly don't understand what their objective is here.
Speaker 1: Well, and I've read in a couple of different places this would require the moving I guess essentially evacuating more like two million people.
Speaker 3: And to where that's exactly right? Where can they go in the God's drip? Because is you just read there they're looking to demolish everything. There's nowhere left to go. I mean you, they're basically on an existence right now. And by the way, all the food ad has been cut off for weeks now, and there many people are at risk of genuine starvation and some have already succumbed.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think it's a terrible situation. It is, but it's been a terrible situation, got it for a long time. But all the photographs that I see, and I recognize they're only going to show the worst of the worst. But I just kind of scratch my head wondering what's left by way of infrastructure in Gaza that that can be destroyed.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean yeah, and you see, it's not just that they're showing the worst of the worst. That's all there is to see. There is only the worst of the worst. And yeah, there's like shelves of buildings some places, and skeletons of buildings. Then those are also being demolished until there is literally it's being raised to the ground. And I don't see any military utility in this. I don't see any political utility in this. It just looks like they're just destroying the ability of these people to live.
Speaker 1: And then they'll have to keep an occupying force in Gaza in order to maintain whatever definitely order that they hope to achieve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even if they succeed tactically, and I don't know, they just say, yes, we've done this, so we've conquered it. Now what Because you've got two million people there with no place to live, you have to occupy it. And what are you gonna what's your army gonna do perpetually stay there? I mean, what's the end state here? What is the end objective? I just don't see anything that's good. No, And you know, if you if you continue to occupy it.
Speaker 1: I don't know how. I mean, if you have two million folks living in Gaza that they call it their home, among them obviously people with a tremendous amount of hatred for Israel and the occupying forces that would have to remain there, you're setting yourself up for a whole lot of pot shots and sniper fire and IEDs. I mean, a perpetual battle from behind the scenes with an unorganized military against the occupying forces. I mean, that's that's what you're you're asking for. I mean, that's and we've seen this in history.
Speaker 3: We certainly saw a lot with the Partisans against the Germans in France, with the Partisans against the Germans, and Yugoslavia, for example, just a horrible, horrible years long blood of time Ukraine actually during during the occupation portion of World War Two. It was always that way, was always bad, and the population has no other alternative, right, It's not like you can pacify them. That's all they have. So you're they're signing yourself up for that kind of an existence again with no discernible in state. That's positive for the Israel side.
Speaker 1: I don't understand it. Daniel Davis Steep dive. You can find a podcast online, just search for it. We'll look forward to having him back on the program next Tuesday for another exciting conversation. Take care of my dear friend. See you then look forward to it. It's a forty fifty five KRCD talk station, stick around Secretary of State Franklerose. It's voting day, It's election day, Get out and vote. I got my thoughts and ideas about issue too. We'll hear from Secretary of State Frank LeRose coming up next. When something make