Speaker 1: T one oh one point three kd WB.
Speaker 2: Uh she's performing at the VMA's coming up on like September eleventh. Oh see, and there's also like a uh they announced who's going to get the Vanguard Award, which is the big award. We'll talk about all that coming up in the pop culture ment around like two thirty ish also two fifty three fifty four fifty Hosier tickets. Every time I say his name, I think, am I saying it right? There's something about his name or like is it is it Hosier, Posier, Hoseer. Yeah, he's a hoser. Okay, I know he's very tall, he has luxurious hair. But we're gonna come back and we're going to do anyone listening who.
Speaker 1: On KTEWB.
Speaker 2: T one oh one point three KATWB with Fallon and Cult.
Speaker 1: Oh this is like a little peppy happened your step today?
Speaker 2: Shout out to everyone that came out to our skate date last night, by the way, and to TCS studio. A lot of people are like where is this where it's an uptown? First of all, thanks for not listening to us. We literally mentioned where it was four thousand times. But we're gonna move past that and just kidding but not. But I am TCS Studio. Tcs S stands for Studio Twin City Studio. There you go, we got City Skaters. Yeah you're good, Thanks for coming out. We posted a fun little video you can check out. Bailey from The Morning Show broke a couch spoiler.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was crazy. There was a leg just bent all the way out. It was like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: How you call it. I think it's like a sete, Like I think that's what it's called.
Speaker 1: Like a chase. It was almost like a lounge long baruch.
Speaker 2: And it was in there and I go, what happened? How did you even break the leg? And she goes I sat down for a rest, which I have so many questions for her. She showed up with her own roller skates but could not roller skate at all.
Speaker 1: That was very bizarre.
Speaker 2: I was like, I thought she was gonna be like killing it because she brought her own skates.
Speaker 1: She was like doing the thing where you don't move. I knew she wasn't gonna kill it because immediately after her older skates were on, she put on knee pads and I was like.
Speaker 2: But she sat on the couch and then when she said when she stood up, she lost her balance and just went down hard and the leg broke. And I was like, that is so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I hate experience. That's experience. It was like when I was hiking. I was hiking Afton State Park a couple of weeks ago, and I stepped on a root to get up a hill and it snapped immediately, and I was like, that's nothing for a tree. Yeah, just a tree couldn't even stand.
Speaker 2: Like, who pronounces r o O T like that?
Speaker 1: By the way, normal people.
Speaker 2: Now say it again? What why don't you say roots?
Speaker 1: I wear flannels?
Speaker 3: Root?
Speaker 2: Is that a Michigan thing?
Speaker 1: Dude? You say root?
Speaker 3: Root?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like a hell?
Speaker 1: R O O T? That's what you say to get directions? How do you say that's that's route? What's the route? No?
Speaker 2: So, how do you pronounce the word t O O T O O T?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Tote? You say tut? No, you say toot. So if you root, listen, I dropped out. I don't know anything. I just know I say root and it just feels natural, and I just said it right, I'm Native American. You can't keep dropping that. So maybe I'm writing this, I'm more one with nature. So root to me, bro, your.
Speaker 2: Been flinstone ass foot ripped out an entire root system from a tree.
Speaker 1: My ancestors are mad about that. Actually I got some bad karma, all right?
Speaker 2: Does everyone say root like me?
Speaker 1: Or rut?
Speaker 2: Like I know some people hear in Minnesota say rut because when we went we went to Cape Cod for vacation, my step son kept ordering rout beer on the waitresses kept going what And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, God, say it right, and you're embarrassing. Listen. If there's one thing I learned about me just from the text line, I'm stupid. I don't know a lot of stuff too. I don't know anything.
Speaker 2: I'm probably I say it with conviction, though, and so people are like, she always thinks she's right, and I'm like, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I never feel proud about myself. Just look at the text line and it's like, oh yeah, it's rough out there. You can always text in five three ninety two one. By the way, anyone.
Speaker 2: Listening who is super loyal to a specific brand? Okay, so for instance, for years, my mom, you would not use any detergent except for Tide. Now she's cheap. I think she'll use about anything. Actually, no, she still uses tide. My mom is the cheapest person.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: She buys off brand everything, but she will not get an off brand laundry detch.
Speaker 1: That's that's some loyalty right there.
Speaker 2: So anyone listening who is super loyal to a specific brand colt and I very loyal to the cheapest thing.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: One two three Diet didn't say at the same time. It's almost like he just repeated me, has a bird or animal call? I learned how to do a moose call when I was in main. Shut up, Oh oh, oh, oh that is that's a moose call.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that's just disappointment is what that is? That's that's just like embarrassment is what that is? And what's the third one? And anybody listening who uses a bedet only, like specifically primarily beday my husband does.
Speaker 2: And can I tell you that that guy has revealed some stuff I have not asked to know about, because I think there should be some things left to the imagination in a relationship. And he'll be like sometimes he's like the bound Sometimes when I go you know how you don't feel like you're you've completed your mission. Yeah, he says, well a shot of the bidet helps you out. Yeah, And I'm like, that's an enema. And also I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: Espressof that takes me fun. Now, that's that me, Espresso a little extra bomb. I'm working late. I use the But dude, Jake just gets better and better the more you talk about.
Speaker 2: No, if you've been any of those categories, No, you can call six five one nine eight nine katiew B. If you're super loyal to a specific brand, use a bidet only, or you have a bird or animal call good luck beating my moose. I'll talk to you now.
Speaker 3: It's selling and on one on one point three KATWB.
Speaker 2: Salin and cult on one oh one point three KATIEWB. Anyone listening who is super loyal to a specific brand has a bird or animal call, or we'll only use a bidet.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I know yours is like a brand loyalty, So what brand is it?
Speaker 6: I love the brand Natives.
Speaker 7: I have their deodorant and their shampoo conditioner and their faith flash and everything.
Speaker 2: They have is bowsome.
Speaker 8: I can't buy anything else anymore.
Speaker 1: Do I got that Native deodor or not? Right, now, you guys are so lucky when I use it. I got a rash in the crease of my armpit. I did for the first two months. But you fight through it. You fight through it and you're good. You micro dose, you're the odor until it goes away, and then you're fine.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I don't think certain things are worth a fight.
Speaker 1: I just need you to grow up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Come on, Sarah, did you have a two month rash too? I all right, good for you? Ye cool, thank you? Hi Katie w B. Which category do you fall into?
Speaker 9: I fall into?
Speaker 1: Ooh yeah, okay, which what you got?
Speaker 10: I'm kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: I won't eat cheese. Hell yeah, wait a minute, craft Valveda. Now, a lot of.
Speaker 2: People would claim those are not the highest quality of the cheese and Valveda out there. Velveta, I don't know if you could actually call that a cheese, but I still get it. I respect it because it's not even like sold the coal aisle. It's sold like in the warm ales. I respect it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Why do you need of that about Vito? What is happening so much?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, but I guess like there's other things, you know though, like it's not because you say, well, you say craft, is it because like the nostalgia of like the craft singles back from childhood? Yeah? Ask and let him enjoy his cheese. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. All right, I have a good day. Have some have a craft single for me?
Speaker 5: Please? Hello?
Speaker 1: kW B. Which category do you fall into?
Speaker 7: Definitely some bird?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what you got?
Speaker 3: A loon?
Speaker 1: A seagull? What is it?
Speaker 9: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I think it's the common warbler.
Speaker 6: And I was like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna feel like I'm communicating with an aviator right now.
Speaker 2: If I close my eyes and put bird feet in my hand, I would imagine a bird was coming to eat off my hand.
Speaker 1: Because you are so good. Could you play out the scenario of a turkey trying to emasculate another male turkey in a fight?
Speaker 6: I think that requires physical comedy, which doesn't.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna have the turkey take on the warbler.
Speaker 2: But you want a different route, Yeah, I mean that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for Colin.
Speaker 2: One on one point three kd WB with Ballin and cult. Anyone listening, who by the way, we are, by the way, by the way, by the way, by the way. Yeah, I was gonna say, we have Hosier tickets and like twenty minutes sick that with maths. So all of that was me trying to calculate too fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Anyone listening who is super loyal to a specific brand, uses a bidet only, or has a bird or animal call, which category are you in?
Speaker 9: I am super loyal one brand in particular, and I recommend it to everybody who's looking for the comfiest things for your feet. I'm loyal on Cloud shoes and I think everybody should wear them and know about them.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I say I have heard this and I got one pair, but I think I got the wrong pair because they're so tight on the top of my big Blenstone's feet. I hate them, and I'm more of a Hoka girl, but I would give on Cloud another chance.
Speaker 1: It's just that they're too tight for my feet. I'm more of a Hoka girl. Is something you hear to retirement home, I'm more of a I'm more of a Hope the girl.
Speaker 9: There's so many styles of on clouds. I cried on I but fifteen different styles before I phone the one highlight.
Speaker 2: Oh that's how I was in college with men.
Speaker 1: I was like, which one is the right one for me? So and then I finally found the right fit. Yeah, I only got.
Speaker 9: It, got it, I got a trial and air man.
Speaker 1: You do for sure? Okay, well you know what, people, now, this.
Speaker 2: Isn't a expensive recommendation, but when you find the right shoe, it's worth it because your feet are worth it.
Speaker 9: You appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Hello, katw B. Which category do you fall into?
Speaker 11: I phone under the animal noise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hear it what you got? All right?
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, hold on, that's also isn't like also like a moose or some kind of animal like that else?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is the moose.
Speaker 8: That is actually how a moose is supposed to sound.
Speaker 2: Telling First of all, that is exactly what I sounded like. How dare you you're saying there are two Well he's doing the male and I'm doing the female.
Speaker 1: There are two different calls, all right, so both of you let's have it. I'm ready. Oh oh holy can I just say I have been on a Marconi winning radio show in the past. Dude, we just heard some moose love, and that's what that was.
Speaker 2: I think when he said moose sex.
Speaker 11: I'm glad we could share the sentiment moment talon.
Speaker 1: I don't even like this. I'm like watching it happen to look away you break. I'm in a room and a chair in the corner.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a whole different thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, thank you. Hello KATYWLYB. Which category do you fall? Hello? Katwb which category do you fall into?
Speaker 8: My dad uses a beday religiously.
Speaker 2: That's some crazy information that sounds like something a dad would talk about too.
Speaker 1: It's like, how's the weather?
Speaker 9: The days?
Speaker 8: Bedays?
Speaker 2: He's got the portable I bought one for Jenny for her birthday.
Speaker 3: How do you?
Speaker 1: He's got two of them just in case? Hey, what what is the cleaning on that? Because I've always wondered, like how do you? Or does he use the other bidet to spray off the bedet?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. There's two bathrooms to use them both that he's thought now, two portable bedays.
Speaker 9: He's out of control.
Speaker 1: It's weird to think about your dad's the day use.
Speaker 4: And it's so in your face too, and he looks down on you if you don't use it.
Speaker 1: Do you look at him as more manly for using it? Or is it like yeah, like it doesn't feel like your dad should be as clean as he is.
Speaker 4: No, and if you knew him, like that is such a quirk for him. It's out of people.
Speaker 1: So is he like just a standard like, you know, contry living guy. But then he just uses a bidet on this he's moonlights as a bidet.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, she is a moonlighting advocate for Badegi.
Speaker 3: Three kd WB.
Speaker 1: I don't know where to start.
Speaker 2: There's like so much going on in the world of celebrity.
Speaker 1: Let's start with this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Taylor Swift, you know how she re releases music constantly just so she stays on top.
Speaker 1: Yep, Well she did it.
Speaker 2: Again, and this time it basically stopped Kanye from getting a number one album, which is like his first time he's released an album that where didn't go number one.
Speaker 1: I don't even though he released an album, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think well, I think obviously his main fans knew. But the extra dig is Taylor will release these extra versions of the same album, but she'll include one or two live songs from a concert, right don't you? And she took a song that was called thank you Amy Now follow Me Colt. In the original she capitalized the K and thank you and the I and M and amy. She spelled amy A I, M, E. So everyone's like, oh, Kim like Kim production. Well, when she just re released it, she capitalized the Y and you and the E and amy.
Speaker 1: So yay.
Speaker 2: So she's doing little secret coded day.
Speaker 1: She has a trick. She has tricksy, she's a lot of tricks. But she beat him out.
Speaker 2: His vultures too, did not make the number one spot because of that. Wow, Olympians, they're just like us. They have only fans as well, which one so like, you don't know, Well, it's got to be somebody who's not making a lot of money, right. This is what Jake will do when I say something like that, He'll be like, ooh, gross, what's her name? It's a joke, so you can get her name to go look her up.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a girl.
Speaker 2: Her name is Alicia Newman. And she says her only fans has blown up. Yes, since she went twerking and or she not went t working, but since she'd she said, quote, it's been wild.
Speaker 1: How much money? Uh, let's see, she.
Speaker 2: Said basically just days after she went viral for shaking her Booty after earning a bronze medal in the women's pole vault competition of the Paris Games. She said her subscribers grew ten times what she already had, and she said, as we speak, numbers are being added.
Speaker 1: It's been wild. She said.
Speaker 2: She wasn't even trying to twork, by the way, she was just like celebrating. It just came across as like a twerk. She's thirty years old. She didn't say how much it was.
Speaker 1: She was notating and plotting out there. She knew what she was doing. Good for her. Dude, pole vaulting looks so hard, No way can I do that? Like, just it's so easy for so many people to make money, you know what I'm saying? Like, am I the only one who doesn't make money?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Am I the only person out there where it just seems like everyone's becoming rich. Yeah, is it possible that I'm the only person? Hey, say, there was enough for all of us to be rich.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: I can tell you what you do, go for it. You work in radio, and then where.
Speaker 1: You put all of your energy. Listen, mistake. I have worked so hard to come back here for a pay.
Speaker 2: Cut, and we're so happy to have you.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to be here too.
Speaker 2: Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin they say they split up and then they were just like, no, we didn't. So this is it was like the most non story story I have for you today.
Speaker 1: Next month MTV.
Speaker 2: Video Music Awards, they have added Katie Perry as the recipient of the highest honor, the Video Vanguard Award. It was first given to Michael Jackson and it's gone more recently to Beyonce, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, and Nicki Minaj. Also, Taylor Swift is nominated for ten video music categories, so it's possible that Taylor will be in attendance. And one week later Katie does drop her sixth album. So usually the artist does like a medley of all their songs when they win the Video Vanguard Award and listen, Katie has some bangers. So I think it'll be a really cool performance to check out. And that is your pop culture Minutes, brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lynz.
Speaker 1: We're gonna come back.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do a deep dive on another huge celebrities song. How did Adele write the song someone Like You? She has a songwriter. She had a little help, but not as much as you might win. Great question. I bet she does the notes app like I do. You know, yeah, but we'll do that in five minutes. Today's deep dive is on Adele's Someone Like You for the album twenty one. Adele said after writing a number of songs dissing her former lover, like Rolling in the Deep or Rumor Has It, she said, I was really emotionally drained from the way I was perty praying him, because even though I'm very bitter and regrets some parts of it, he's still the most important person that's ever been in my life. So Someone like You, I had to write it to feel okay with myself and okay with two years I spent with him, And when I did it, I felt so freed. Adele wrote the first verse on acoustic guitar in the wake of her eighteen month relationship with a thirty year old man whom she believed was the one. She said, we were so intense I thought we would get married, but that's something he never wanted. Then a few months later they split, and then he was quickly engaged to someone else. She said, I wrote that song on the end of my bed, I had this cold, I was waiting for my bath Toron I'd found out he'd got engaged, and it blows my mind how things cross over like that. So you might think this song has a ton of writers. No, it was just Adele one guy named Dan Wilson who's in the band Semisonic and also co wrote songs like not Ready to Make Nice by the Dixie Chicks. A studio and a grand piano. That's all they needed. The demo they recorded at the end of their second day with Wilson on the piano, ended up being so good. Adele decided to use that as the actual recording. She even tried recording it with a band in a full orchestra, but couldn't beat that demo, and Dan Wilson actually said that's known as demo idis. He defines that as the general fact that you're always going to like the first version of a song you hear best, she said. When she performed it live on a show, she was so upset, wondering and hoping and wishing her ex would be watching it.
Speaker 1: She went back to her dressing room and just sobbed.
Speaker 2: She says to this day she doesn't even know if he knows that song is about him, much less the entire album. But it is also fun fact the line I wish nothing but the best for you too was originally just I.
Speaker 1: Wish nothing but the best for you.
Speaker 2: Adele added the extra word during the second songwriting session, and that extra word adds another layer of meaning to the song, as we know now that Adele's ex used that line on her and now she's returning it back to him. And the second half of the chorus is in a higher register, which was Dan Wilson's idea. It's hard to sing even for Adele, and it took a little convincing for him to sell the idea. She thought it sounded uncomfortable, but he felt that vulnerability was what the song needed. Today's Deep Diver Salin and Colt on one on one point three, katiew b. We have Hosier tickets. He is coming to the Twin Cities to Excel Energy Center on Saturday, August seventeenth. I thought it was the eighteenth. Oh let me double Jack bus. Now I'm questioning everything. Hosier Saint Paul, I think they wrote it down. No, it is Saturday, August seventeenth. So I was lying to everyone yesterday when I said it was the eighteenth.
Speaker 1: I think issue an apology. I'm really sorry. Okay, that works for me. We're looking for caller ten. She wanted to the show caller ten in the show.
Speaker 2: Make sure you call on the seventeenth and not the next day. Oh no, it sucked, dude, Yeah, well it would. So we have them now, Like cold said of your caller number.
Speaker 1: Ten, YEP six five one ninety nine, Katie w B. With the keyword Balan's nostrils.
Speaker 2: Ever listens to the keyword balance nostrils.
Speaker 1: If you don't have the keyword, you're not going okay, trying to get away Hosier tickets. Yeah, it's what we do all the time. We're gonna do them again. By the way, three fifty and four fifty.
Speaker 2: Also, well, you're calling number ten, but you have to know the keywords Allen's nostrils.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Relation key words. I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's your name, Hailey, Hailey?
Speaker 1: What are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 10: I guess going to a concert?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's tomorrow. What's going on, dude, it's it's already the seventeenth of August. That's crazy. Break out the snow pants. It's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well have fun tomorrow night. Think of us when you're enjoying yourself.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, of course, thank you.
Speaker 1: One one point three KATIEWB with Ballon and Colts. Your brain works in mysterious ways. I feel like you say off the cuff things a lot too.
Speaker 2: You me, Yeah, I think we both. Yeah, I definitely do.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's pretty unhinged what goes on in our brain. So I want to see just how Craig Cray you are or de Lulu as kids.
Speaker 2: Say, how did they say any of those anymore? They definitely say Craig anymore?
Speaker 1: See how Delulu you are? Then I'm going to give you a word, just a classic word, association, association, game, sure, association. And when I give you this word, you got it's kind of like rapid fire. Okay, you can't think about it, maybe like two seconds and that's it. Yeah, And we're gonna start with big smelly stinky. This is dumb. You can't just say the same thing. Oh what, I'm just saying that the first thing that pops into your head, I am.
Speaker 2: Saying the first nap pops in my head is.
Speaker 1: The same word just different.
Speaker 2: If it's this word association, then that's like a similar word.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Book warm, sexy, but pizza, topping, turtles, doves.
Speaker 1: Milk, milky, way face icy not black, white house car. You saw vanilla in your head. I thought it was gonna be crazy. I thought you're was doing wild stuff. Okay, hold on, Jake, Paul, not your Paul. I was married to Paul.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm actually married to both those names at one point. All right, flying, driving, historical figures, hysterical funnies, dumb tape, b.
Speaker 1: D SIM I don't know what you're looking for. Let me do what you give me. Your give him to me. Let's see what you would have said. Okay, now I feel.
Speaker 2: Like you're on the right side. Yeah, Lions, tigers.
Speaker 1: Sangoky Yo, got see.
Speaker 2: Spooky candy, Halloween iPhone Mom OnlyFans. Oh, no, Katie w b balance hot.
Speaker 1: Oh you're so creepy. Why does he look cot behind you? You can't make me say someone is behind you creeping me out?
Speaker 2: Bikes, Mom, riding paint house, rattlesnakes, scary crocs, above ground pools, shots.
Speaker 1: Uh, Bartie, Jake Ball.
Speaker 2: Did you say ball or ball doesn't matter, spicy Mom. Okay, I don't know so many mommy issues I do.
Speaker 1: Dude, what a feridian thing that just happened to me.
Speaker 2: Let's see all the ones you said about your mom iPhone Mom, I think OnlyFans. Mom, hot momp.
Speaker 1: So creepy his stair? Mom? Yeah, yeah, all right, that was cool. Yeah, I think so. Anything else going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you doing this weekend? Not much? My family's coming to town. Do they not live here? It basically feels like it. They're just gone always. You really have.
Speaker 2: Over the past two months, your family has spent more time in Michigan than here. Is something happening in your relationship you want to talk about? Are you guys good?
Speaker 1: Nope? I mean yeah, we're good. There's nothing I want to talk about. Everything is fine. We're just they're having fun with grandparents this summer a lot, and I'm not I'm driving. I drove a total of forty two hours.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Just hear him back.
Speaker 2: The craziest one is when you just recently drove by yourself, like the first time you went to Michigan, like last month. That made sense because you drove up and then you drove your family back, but this time you just drove up by. Can you not afford a plane ticket? I will help you out.
Speaker 1: My friend. Hey, dude, I'm just trying to say today's trending with Fellon and Colt.
Speaker 3: On one on one three Katie WB.
Speaker 2: And it's brought to you by nikolay law dot com. Could you know what found? I have a trending story today? I said, okay, no for it? Are you gonna say that it's National kool Aid Day?
Speaker 1: Did I take your story? You know? How? Did you know I'm crazy? I?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll that'd be the perfect time. No, well, I can't remember what you said about Matthew Perry.
Speaker 2: That's horrible timing. Why would you ever play that the guy is dead?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I refuse to be associated with that verse. Okay, yesterday we were covering Matthew Perry and this might be more pop casture minute, but I feel like it's transcended into trending. The fifty five thousand dollars is did you talk about the number that they Okay, so it came out the doctor who was in cahoots with the Kennemine queen. Yes, they found out the amount of money Matthew gave them in the one transaction, and they were texting each other. In the text message came out like, let's see how much we can get from this moron. That's what they were saying to each other. Oh, they really were saying that. Yeah, And it kind of SuDS like on the assistant too, because yeah, the one transaction they got fifty five thousand dollars, which doesn't seem like not don't do it anyways, But I mean a doctor to risk your license in jail.
Speaker 2: Time fifty five thousand, well.
Speaker 1: You gotta be making at least I mean, you're a high school No.
Speaker 2: No, everyone thinks every doctor and lawyer is so rich, and that is just not the case.
Speaker 1: But for fifty five thousand, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not defending, by the way, it's not like, to be clear, I'm not like saying the doctor was hard up for cash.
Speaker 1: I'm just yeah, but it's crazy. And then apparently the doctor had taught the assistant how to administer the drug. So now the assistant is saying, like, I just thought it was a legitimate, like I was just giving him his prescribed medicine. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think the assistant is gonna is facing less time than the doctor. I mean, that's a fact, but it is bizarre when you read the story that he had administered, which it means injected him multiple times in one day.
Speaker 1: But if Matthew's like, this is what's prescribed to me. You're my assistant. I need you to do this, I guess I don't know. I think that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I do have I do see. By the way, something that I know is going to trigger you cold. There's this new thing that some coffee shops are testing out, and that is charging customers ten dollars a day to use Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: I's aw this, this is part of me actually doesn't hate this.
Speaker 2: And let me say why, because I am so sick and tired of going into coffee shops. And you have one person writing a manuscript out of four top table and I get it. Maybe it was the only table that was open. And they do want to sit down and work, and you need a third space. You know what a third space is. Nope, it's the one space where you feel like comfortable, you can be productive, and it's because you have your house and you have work. Everyone has a third space, allegedly, so a lot of times coffee shop is like a third space for someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like part.
Speaker 2: Of me is like if I was a coffee shop people and you've got one cup of three dollars coffee and you're in my business for like four hours, just taking up table space, I'd be like a little annoyed too, Like, yeah, you gotta pay ten dollars for Wi Fi?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or go home and use your WiFi. How about your selling coffee for ten dollars? So just deal with me being there? No, you know what I mean. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I actually think there is a good argument on either side, Like.
Speaker 1: If I'm buying, dude, you're selling coffee at like a three thousand dollars scale. Yeah, I'm gonna use your Wi Fi for free. You're welcome, okay go. I knew this would trigger you.
Speaker 2: I Also Scrabble is adding more slang terms, including yeat and bougie. Those are a couple that they're adding, which just made me laugh. Yep, back me.
Speaker 1: So wait, that's not a legit word already.
Speaker 2: That's not h am I right, like as one word. Oh, that's just intan any who could a nibbling fluff I guess so yeah, it's like slang for a furry animal.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, so you're trending.
Speaker 2: One on one point three KTWB with Ballon and cult and guess what, we have more Hosier tickets coming up with three fifty.
Speaker 1: But that's not what we're doing right now.
Speaker 2: I just want to put that on your right there so you can set a little alarm on your phone. Right now, we're doing our Summer School Pop Quiz. We would every day around this time. We you know, keep you sharp. We give you some trivia questions. If you get them correct today, you're gonna get Crayola Experience passes you can use over at the Mall of America. We'll give you a pair of those. You'd like to play six five, one, nine eight nine katiew B one point three KDWB with your Summer School Pop Quiz your chance to win Crayola Experience passes at Mall of America. We ask you a little trivia and if you know the answers, you win.
Speaker 1: It's that simple.
Speaker 2: So we have Jacqueline and Lino Lakes, and we have Katie and Golden Valley. If you know the answer, chiming with your name the first two wins.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Ye?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Question number one? In which language does konichiwa mean?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 6: Katie?
Speaker 1: Yes? Katie? Is it Saikili not Swahili? Do you know? Do you know the answer?
Speaker 6: Jacqueline kwa is Oh, it's Japanese.
Speaker 2: It is Japanese. Yay, good job, okay. Question number two since the late nineteen thirties, what calendar date has been designated for the inauguration of a United States president?
Speaker 9: Jacqueline, Yes, Jacqueline the inaugurational.
Speaker 8: Three?
Speaker 1: Two one? No, Katie, Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: January sixth oh, so close, both of both of you close.
Speaker 1: It is January's January twentieth oh.
Speaker 2: Question number three, what is the name of the popular toy that you play with by connecting plastic bricks?
Speaker 9: Katie?
Speaker 1: Guess Katie legos? That is correct, Katie, look at you all right.
Speaker 2: Now we're tied up, so this is gonna be the tiebreaker and listen.
Speaker 1: Neither of you know the answer.
Speaker 2: What color are smurfs day?
Speaker 1: Jacqueline blue? Blue is correct? God, Katie, You're so close. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Call back on Monday and play. Okay, Jacqueline, you got the Crayola experience passes. Congratulations, awesome one prize into the next, baby girl, Yeah, what do we have?
Speaker 1: Cal tell what we have? Do we have Hosier tickets?
Speaker 2: All right? Sing a Hosier song and then I'll do another one.
Speaker 1: Take me into church? Never mind? Oh god, okay my church. I had a lot of soul behind this. EG not wiskein it, nailed it. We're both really good. Someone's listening right now, like it's not even worth winning to pass. I'll do something bio this weekend. Nope.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to go see him tomorrow night at Excel Energy Center, be collared ten right now six.
Speaker 1: Five one nine nine, Katie wb you know it's coming next. The keyword, the keyword is and you have no why do you do this? There can't, Benny, like I didn know my radio cutout. That doesn't happen unless you're going through like the Lowry Tunnel or something that doesn't just it doesn't really cut out in the Lowry tunnel either. So that's some lion Falin's feet, fallon's feet is the keyword this hour. The words I would say, yeah, if you want to go to Hosier six five one ninety nine Katie w B. Fallon say with me no feat.
Speaker 2: Stalin and Cults on one on one point three, kat you be with your Hosier tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think we have been on the phone. Hello, how are you?
Speaker 4: What do you to?
Speaker 1: How are you good? What is your lovely name?
Speaker 9: My name's Rachel, Rachel?
Speaker 1: Good news? Your collar ten?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you do.
Speaker 2: Have to know the keywords I guess for those Hosier tickets.
Speaker 1: Wait, say it one more time, loud and proud Balin.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, I am so sorry, but the good news is feet or not, you're gonna go see Hosier tomorrow and I congratulations.
Speaker 10: Yay.
Speaker 2: It's one to one point three Katie w B with Ballin and Colt and Bond. Okay, now you have played radios categories one time before?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I lost them.
Speaker 2: It's difficult, it is it isn't Today you're going to be playing against Colt.
Speaker 1: I will host.
Speaker 5: If you.
Speaker 2: I haven't like listened in a minute. Our dearest beloved Ted. He's still alive, but he is no longer with iHeart and so trust me, it's brutal like we played this with Ted every Monday and Friday. So I did want to acknowledge that r. I p almost said Fred, but I met ted.
Speaker 1: Respect. Don't get her in charge of the tombstone.
Speaker 2: All right, shut up? All right, So we're gonna start. He wants to go first, Von can go get out here?
Speaker 1: What do you always say? Nobody loves you? Scram How have you been, Von? Everything's lovely. Thanks for hanging out late on a Friday.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 1: I miss you, guys. I don't hang out as much anymore. I know Vont does the Morning Show case you I don't know.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also, in case you missed his nude photos he posted recently, my song is on Instagram. Wow, what a blessing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're gonna give you ten categories, and by we I mean I don't have a mouse in my pocket.
Speaker 1: Six seconds.
Speaker 2: Your letter is j It's tough, okay, Okay, here we go and your time starts now. Sports, juggling, song titles, just dance, parts of the body, your.
Speaker 1: Past, ethnic foods, John Balayah.
Speaker 2: Things you shout, Jesus, birds, Uh, jet Jen the hell ju a girl's name Jill?
Speaker 1: Where to get from here to there? Ways to get from here to there? Jump items in a kitchen juice.
Speaker 2: And villains are monsters, parts of the body, shoulder.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Skip, dang it. Uh you wanted to go back to birds you had j Yes, I keep that. I think I think I'm blue Jay is what I'm thinking of. Okay, gotcha, I do terrible time. It's not up ye.
Speaker 5: Villains are monsters or monsters, joker, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Okay, and body parts body parts three seconds time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it to you. I'm gonna give it to you. Oh my god. Okay, you actually like did really well.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna bring Colt back in and we're gonna do round two when we come back on KDWB.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, Saling.
Speaker 2: And Colts on one on one point three kd w B Round two of radios categories. Vont is joining us from the morning show. He just went first, which means Colt gets to go second.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Colt. I think you're the first black person I've seen in a week. Dude, You're not explain that. By the way, looks a purpose, But I've just been in like the middle of nowhere, Michigan with like thirty people, so it's nice to this is not black people at all in Michigan. I've heard that rumor, but I thought it was just like, that's not true. I don't know if we keep them down south, but like they're down south and then like up north is just it's a scary place to be noted. I'm going to hear you like for me, I put on some camo and I'm like, you know, will I go honor to be the one and only the first that you've seen? Yeah, I want to bring you with me. You won't find anymore in this building. I'll tell you that much. Maybe one or two.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Vaughan did really well for his round. Not to get your head at all, but sucks.
Speaker 1: That doesn't fuck? Yeah, be kind to our guest.
Speaker 2: Uh your letter today cult is j oh No, Well you said that for every letter I letter.
Speaker 1: Let's say your time starts now.
Speaker 2: Sports, no juggling, song titles, just do it. Parts of the body, joints, ethnic foods, Jamaican things you shout, jeepers, birds, skip a girl's name chen. That's a good guest. Ways to get from here to there? Jeeps, items in a kitchen, juice, villains are monsters.
Speaker 1: Well jeepers creepers, But I said jeepers. Hold on, hold on, uh skip all right? Birds birds there any of the birds with a j a javelin? No skip.
Speaker 2: Villains are monsters.
Speaker 1: Villains are monsters. Oh what is that one guy called not Frankenstein? Uh Justice League? That's not a villain or a monster.
Speaker 2: Time, ok right, just accept I feel like I just got to see.
Speaker 1: How his brain works. Already said jeepers. Could have just.
Speaker 2: Changed jeepers, put jeepers creepers down and put a different word for words. You shout, but okay, ruin my pride? All right, here we go. Uh letter was jay for sports? You both said juggling for song titles? Vont said just dance and Colt said just do it?
Speaker 1: Who sings that? You know? Someone I know.
Speaker 2: That United mentions it. Okay, we'll give you the point. I don't trust that. You both said joint for body parts of the body.
Speaker 1: Jugular could have been one.
Speaker 2: Damn ethnic foods. Vant said Jambalaya. Cults said Jamaican.
Speaker 1: Specific. Sure like, wouldn't that be Caribbean?
Speaker 2: But okay, chicken, Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Well listen, I just said, you're the first black person i've seen things you shout.
Speaker 2: Vant said Jesus, and Colt said jeepers birds you Neither of you had anything. Vaughan had Jay, but he just could.
Speaker 1: Is there anything I don't know?
Speaker 2: I didn't look it up, and nothing's coming to my mind, so it doesn't clearly Yeah, it must not exist. Now everyone's going to text in a type of bird. A girl's name. Vont had Jill, Cold had his wife's name Jen, very smart. Ways to get from here to there? Vont said, jump it's and Cold said jeep. You both said juice for items in a kitchen and for villains or monsters.
Speaker 1: Vont had Joker and you had nothing such a good one.
Speaker 2: So Cold had one two three four five and Vont had one two three four five six.
Speaker 1: I also, I just looked up birds that start with jay. There's nothing on here that we would have guessed. So we're not gonna get like attack, Okay, perfect, Someone out there is still.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 2: Thank you for playing radio scat categories on KATIEWB.
Speaker 3: It's the pop Culture Minute with selling and cult on one on one point three kd.
Speaker 2: WB, brought to you by Ovo Lasik and lens Uh.
Speaker 1: This one, this just makes me happy.
Speaker 2: You know why because a lot of Olympians, I think you think they make a ton of money. But unless they're like a Simone Biles, a lot of them, don't.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? It's like they normal jobs. Truly.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, I just want a bronze medal, and now I'm back to Trader Joe's, which is.
Speaker 1: Awesome, but it kind of makes me feel bad because you always say, like, I don't have time. I have a normal job. If I had all the free time in the world and I got paid to be an athlete, I would succeed. And these people have no excuses. They're doing it work normal jobs.
Speaker 2: Wait are you saying that's what I say all the time? We're just people in general.
Speaker 1: I say that, I do not say that. I say that. Okay, but I'm getting to a point.
Speaker 2: This olympian, however, she knows what she's up to. Okay, So she earned the bronze. You mayn't know her, Alicia Newman. She earned the bronze metal in women's pole vault and she did a little kind of like twrque dance at the end.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Well she has an only fans. Yeah, and since doing it, her subs went up ten times. She said she is killing it. She said they're still going up as we speak. It's been wild. And she said she did not have any intention of twerking. She was just like dancing. Okay, she said he wasn't trying to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just building your DNA. Just tok. She's hot.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at some of her free photos because I'm not a sub hot, i'd sub I'd be a subscriber.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna look in and do it because I don't object by women, so do it all the time when the mics aren't on. That's so fault you talking about. Oh, that's like such a you thing to say. I think I just said when the micros off that that cloud looks like a dinosaur. That's all.
Speaker 2: She said, A slutty dinosaur. And I was like, Oh, what's wrong with you? Who says that is what I said? You can't tell me I'm wrong that they I'm not subscribed. Actually, the cloud behind me does a good dinosaur, and I think you got to put it up on our Instagram stories in case you are hellaboard at work, you can look at the cloud, buy me a good dinosaur.
Speaker 1: Real question what what would be a quick cash money grab, Like could I do? What can I do? Because that's not gonna sustain, Like people are gonna follow her.
Speaker 2: Obviously there is a market for you on only fans. There's a market for everyone on only fans.
Speaker 1: But what do I do? Do I get a billboard and just put myself up there and be like, see the real thing?
Speaker 2: No, I think you have the what's the real thing? What are you putting on the billboard?
Speaker 1: That's the fake That's what I'm just asking. I don't know. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to coach you in your only fans.
Speaker 1: There's going to be something like a buzzworthy thing you could do to just get enough for a house or something.
Speaker 2: I think you have to become an Olympic person or you have to like have a hot line like Hawktua. I think that's the only chance anymore I'll get the Taylor SWI have to change the name of her song from Tortured Poets Departments. She so she releases that album over and over again. She'll add like some live songs from her shows. So she added a live version of thank You Amy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The original song Thank You Amy was a dig Kim Kardashian because in the title she spells Amy A I, M, E E, and she only capitalized the K and think and the I AM and Amy. Well she changed it for the live one and she only capitalized the Y and you and the E and Amy. So yay, So it's a little shout out because she kept him. She kept his new album Vultures Too, from being number one this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that story. I just heard about the film call. Okay, Like I was, I got on Swift top for the first time forever the fact, and I mean I was keeping up with any of this. I didn't even know the beef and then apparently like Cam recorded a phone call and then she put it out and it was like edited though.
Speaker 2: I'm done with you because you're being so crazy your news from eight years ago.
Speaker 1: The scar the red scarf is like a metaphor too, which I don't know, I'm done with you.
Speaker 2: We do have the MTV Music Awards. They're gonna be They've changed the day to the eleventh because it was originally the same night as like the presidential debate, and.
Speaker 1: They're like, ah, we gotta move this. So Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Is nominated for ten video music categories, which means she could be in attendance. But also they just announced Katy Perry will be the recipient of the Vanguard Award, which is like the highest honor, first given to Michael Jackson. More recently it's gone to Beyonce, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj. So that's very cool. They always do like a medley of their songs. Yeah, Katy Perry has a like hot list of just banger after bangers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that is your pop culture minute. It's brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lynz. We talk about having bad roommates, but have you ever done anything to get revenge on a bad roommate? Could be passive aggressive. We'd love to get your calls at six five nine kd WB Balin and Colts on one on one point three kd WB. You're trying something new. We've talked about bad roommates in the past, for sure, and I think almost everyone has an experience with the bad roommate. But have you ever done something, whether it's passive aggressive or like just straight out there, like to get back at your roommate And we're calling it roommate confessions, And Brooke, you have one, so go ahead and tell everyone. You can confess what you did to your previous roommate.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I have a confession. I had this roommate. She was horrible. She was the worst roommate ever, you guys. She was noisy. She I worked, you know, know, a nine to five job, and she would say up past eleven twelve o'clock with the TV blasting in her room. Oh god, oh it was awful. She also she didn't work, so that she was just for hours. Were all crazy. She also had this boyfriend. It was basically a living He was a little extra that came along with the apartment. He like, he like never left. He's basically living in our apartment rent free.
Speaker 2: Oh that stuff drives me crazy when they're there, almost more than the roommate using like all the like utilities and not pitching in.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that was that. So it was like, so I would come home. But this roommate, particular roommate loves to eat apples. She was an apple fanatic, and okay, so she would be She's like, just talk to me and cho too. Sometimes a little bits of apple would like spit out of her mouth mp chum, like.
Speaker 1: Having a conversation with a squirrels apples.
Speaker 10: It was so disgusting. It was absolutely the most disgusting thing ever. And so she would sit there and just eat these apples, and our refrigerator was always full of apples, and she would and so literally it was so bad, you guys, so literally when she would be out of the house, it's like I would get so angry that I would go into the refrigerator and like pick up her bag of apples and like just drop them from like above my head on.
Speaker 2: A lord's just like to bruise them.
Speaker 8: It made me feel.
Speaker 6: So much better about this situation. And I was like, my little way just to go, you suck without having to confront her.
Speaker 11: I would just.
Speaker 6: Bruise her out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would you have a conversation when you could just bruise the apples behind her back.
Speaker 9: It was so it felt so good. I felt so so good.
Speaker 2: I can imagine just like throwing it kind of to the ground, like almost feel like immediate tension from my show, like leaving my shoulders completely.
Speaker 1: She just walks in on you your curb, stomping apples just like chucking them at the wall.
Speaker 6: It was so bazartic. I would come home from yoga and like to finish off. I would just be like, and let me finish the meditation by dropping the apples off the floor.
Speaker 9: It's so awesome.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, all right.
Speaker 2: You know that is one of the most passive aggressive things I've heard. I love that very much. Thank you for confessing. Do you feel better? Do you feel like your conscience is cleared?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I feel guilty, yeah a little bit, But.
Speaker 9: You know what she's gone I have again?
Speaker 1: And what did you sound like when she was talking to you or chopping on those abbos one more time? It's dying seal. I love it. Hey, Broke, thanks for confessing. We appreciate it. Good judgment on one point three kd WB. I knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew people will be calling in because there people messing with your living space. Is it that'll trigger you because that's like your home is supposed to be the one place you're comfortable and safe.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, you're not. We're not fit to have roommates like back in the day. We're supposed to be just living with the only roommate you should have his fanily. So then when you move him to friend or whatever, it's.
Speaker 2: Just it usually don't go well, usually doesn't. So we're doing a little round of roommate revenge. The revenge you got on your roommate.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 7: I did those? Actually my now husband's cousin and they lived together and she was being crazy, so we threw a bunch of food on her roof and never told her and just sat up there and rotted.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to rewind a little bit. What kind of crazy stuff was she doing?
Speaker 7: She is, she's a little bipolar, and she would freak out every time we were there, and she'd kick us out of the house.
Speaker 2: Even though he lived there and was paying rent.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, okay, I have.
Speaker 2: A serious question. Were you staying there a lot? Because maybe she was triggered that you were there all the time and not paying rent.
Speaker 9: No, I wasn't.
Speaker 7: I had my own apartment, So we went back and forth. We only stayed there when we wanted to be at the beef.
Speaker 1: I wasn't asked what kind of food you threw on the roof? Also? Was it like fish?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, fish meat? Anything we could find? I know, was just so stinky.
Speaker 9: And it was Florida, so we had like shrimp and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that, but didn't not only did that affect him though, too, because he lived there. No, he moved out. Oh, he moved out and then you did this.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you do you think it was because there was any sensual tension between the cousin and your man.
Speaker 7: Yes, I absolutely, I still think it. And we're married.
Speaker 9: And now I still laugh.
Speaker 7: I make fun of him. I'm like you, I'll do whatever.
Speaker 2: Ooh oh my god, yes that is wow.
Speaker 1: Okay was she attractive?
Speaker 7: Oh I see, I mean I don't think she's as attractive as I am.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: All the sound effects. Oh that's a good time right there. Yes, well, thank you for calling wow. Love that HEDWB you got some roommate revenge.
Speaker 8: I was pregnant and I had a roommate who, like, I would complain that my stomach would heard or something, and you would always be like, well, it can't be worth than stepping on a lego. So one day I, while he was sleeping, I laid out like a old boatload of legos on the floor so that when he boat out he had to walk across the room.
Speaker 9: Full of legos.
Speaker 2: Did he get mad or did he laugh about it?
Speaker 8: First he got mad, and then at the very top of the stairs where he had to like walk up to go to the bathroom, there was a little lego with a smiley face on it. He realized it was a prank and he laughed about it. Okay, yeah, so, but like, don't mess with a pregnant lady, no, dude.
Speaker 1: One time I heard a guy tell a pregnant lady your body was built for it, and I was like, rest in peace, yeah, casket, yeah god? Okay, Well, thanks for calling and sharing.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Hi Katie w B. What did you do to get some revenge on your roommates?
Speaker 11: All right, so, not a bad roommate, but my roommate's my My dad's a beef farmer. I'd always have fresh beef and our freezer my roommates to take my burger meat. So one time, when they're all like class, I had brought up a cow tongue that my dad had in his freezer from butchering a cow, and I ended up fights it up, cooked it up nice and made it look like a Knight cut of meat. When they got home from class, I I told him that there's this nice new cut my dad had and they got to try it. They just started scarfing down two pounds of cow tongue, and then once they ate of it. I ended up telling him and like two of them were like, oh, I guess I like cow tongue. But the other one he ended up turning white in the face and ended.
Speaker 1: Up take someone's beef. That's so rude, though, Like, you can't trick someone that's like someone. It feels like a little like ingesting it in the body feels like a little step further than a probably.
Speaker 11: Cow tong its delicacy. Yeah, so like to go, I love that.
Speaker 1: You're cool. You cool. I appreciate it. Thank you. I was here.
Speaker 2: This is the last pair of baby, last pair of tickets because the concert is tomorrow night. Cult, what do you want to do? You decide you're you are the king of the show. What do you want to do to give the last pair of tickets away?
Speaker 1: With the little contest? Two people on our phone? Oh? I need two people on the phone right now?
Speaker 7: Hold on.
Speaker 1: Why, Well, we're just gonna make them compete in what manner It'll be a surprise for everybody. I have an idea, but I don't want to ruin it. And I also think you're gonna beto it live on the radio, and I don't want that either, And so let's just do it. Go through with it right now, six ' five to one nine eight nine, Katie WB two people you want to.
Speaker 2: Be going if you're not concerned with your idea, I don't know that I that you should.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know me.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 1: Katie WB. We got Maddie and Susie on the phone. Maddie from Wilberry and Susie. Where are you at?
Speaker 2: Maddie and Susie. I'm worried because Colt has not told me what he's having you to do to compete for these tickets.
Speaker 9: So I am so scared.
Speaker 1: Scared?
Speaker 2: Why do you do this to people who listen to our show? I don't want to give off scary behind you do ever since you shaved your head?
Speaker 1: Hey, that's accurate. I've gotten an elevator with just a woman and she looked a little terrified. Okay, you know what. This isn't about me, No, it's about you too. Maddie and Susie. You're each going to have ten seconds to plead your case.
Speaker 2: Oh simple, okay, But here's a kicker.
Speaker 1: Here we go. You have to decide between the both of you which one gets the tickets. If you can't decide one person or the other, neither of you get to go. How long do they have to decide we have a good solid I don't know.
Speaker 2: Thirty seconds, okay, So you each get ten seconds to plead your case. So Maddie, whenever you're ready, will start the time or are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, and go.
Speaker 9: I think that Susie should go.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Maddie.
Speaker 9: What is so sweet?
Speaker 7: I have planned tomorrow anyway.
Speaker 1: So oh oh, there's a balance in the world again, Susie.
Speaker 2: What were you going to say when it was your turn?
Speaker 6: Well, uh, it's my partner's favorite band and my birthday is coming up, so I had a couple of things, but I didn't think it was going to be good.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is crazy, Maddie. So kind of you, Susie. You get the Hosier ticket. That was way easier than I thought.
Speaker 6: I know, I was.
Speaker 8: Nervous, Maddie.
Speaker 1: What's it like to be like a stable, like just very emotionally well regulated person.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because I don't think I am.
Speaker 1: You got empathy, So that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's well, she already had plans.
Speaker 1: She said, that's true, you were going to scalp the ticket.
Speaker 2: Well, congrats, Susane, you got it last. You got the last pair of Hoosier tickets.
Speaker 9: Perfect and you Maddie, Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was didn't see that unfolding that way. That's awesome. We have brand new music. Everyone's been really excited for a Lady Gaga to drop her new album. She's been teasing it and then, surprise, surprise, her first song she's releasing is with Bruno Mars.
Speaker 1: If you haven't heard it.
Speaker 2: Yet, it's called Die with a Smile. It's New Music Friday on Katie w B.
Speaker 1: So what you've been thanking? Knees? They're so gross?
Speaker 2: But I've never seen a knee that isn't like so gross to look at.
Speaker 1: Why do they move so freely when you're just straight leg pushing on.
Speaker 2: It and then like your kneecap can like swivel around like a lazy Susan, I hate it.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you're telling me I can get like a different angles with each way I bend my leg. That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: At all?
Speaker 2: And why is there like that little hunk of fat that hangs over to like the left or to the right, whatever the inside of your leg is.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's a personal problem. And the skin's so dry, they're always oh chappy. Knees are the worst. You're already a knee. You gotta not be chappy.
Speaker 2: Like elbows are gross, but knees, they're disgusting.
Speaker 1: I'll take a wenus over a knee any day. So what you've been thanking? I just feel like, if you're not old enough to be born when the Titanic came out, it should be illegal for you to date. Leonardo DiCaprio just feals because a new girlfriend's nineteen.
Speaker 2: The only one that opposes that statement is Leonardo DiCaprio, Like.
Speaker 1: What is happening? She doesn't care. You don't even know about the Titanic, let alone.
Speaker 2: Dude, I don't do you know what he's known for doing.
Speaker 1: Nineteen year olds?
Speaker 2: Yes, but also the rumor is he comes in the bedroom and just has headphones on. He doesn't talk to the person or knowledge.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If I don't dislike that, I don't know he should Okay, wait, wait, wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait pause. Hold on, So you're telling me he walks into the bedroom. Pretend I'm Leonardo. Kick open the door.
Speaker 2: Impossible for me to close my eyes.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, he's not the best shape of his life these days.
Speaker 2: No, no, but I think I'm always think of like I do, think of like Titanic.
Speaker 1: Leo, let me put my hood on, all right, So I'm Leo. You're just there. Yeah, so you're already in the bed, right yeah, kick open the door. Yeah, headphones on, beats. I'm listening to just whatever song in the background, right, I could be just the Taylor Swift on. That's what you're in your buck did How was she into it at all? Because he's rich? Right, you're right, So what you've been thanking?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: How like.
Speaker 2: You have like a pitch it's like a pitch fork because it looks like a fork.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was going through my garage, we're cleaning stuff out, we're organizing stuff, and I saw a shovel and I was like, why isn't that called a pitch spoon? Why why wouldn't that be called a pitch spoon? Could you pitch like this dirt? Or this or the snow.
Speaker 1: That is why, why these are the questions.
Speaker 2: Why do we let shovel pass?
Speaker 1: So stupid shovel? What is so important with you, shovel? Why do you get a pass but the pitch fork doesn't? But also what else would you call a pitch? Just a pitch? Yeah? Right, No, that's not right. So thinking trees are awesome, Yeah, trees are dope. Trees. Picture a place without trees, close your eyes with a quick, boring, warm, dry I think of a desert. Is that what you're thinking of? My name? Great plains girls. But then you picture a place.
Speaker 5: With a forest and trees, trinquil sick, serene, sick awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: I think if you told me majestic I had to live in a place without trees, but I had a mansion or I could just live amongst the trees, I probably would choose the mansion because that would suck after a while, just living on our tree canopies.
Speaker 2: Because I say, you actively could live amongst the trees right now, but.
Speaker 1: The trees are a closed second, trees are dope. Trees are dope when they change colors.
Speaker 2: Oh, they like know every year, like it's our time.
Speaker 1: On the cal three and you know, do we go? Do you think it's they know it's their time to shine? They know, like they're putting on the shelf. You we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, They're like, maple, don't f this up for me. This is my time.
Speaker 1: Let's get information.
Speaker 2: Yes, was that the trees doing Beyonce?
Speaker 1: And they look at their like, oh, look at all the little peasants looking at us. Oh God, wave to the people. They do a little shake because the wind's blow.
Speaker 2: They look over the pine and they're like, oh sorry, pine, can you not change color?
Speaker 1: Hold on pause one second. I don't want to play this song is ye, because I have another question really quick. I know we're running long. What's the sexiest tree? If you had a bag of tree? Yeah? What is?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Are you picking the sexiest tree? Dude? You're gonna think I'm a pervert for this.
Speaker 5: Too late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me a birch dude, You give me a birch tree. Unique. Unique. They have like a distinct look that nobody else can capture.
Speaker 2: They look dry and dead, which is what I hear you do to women.
Speaker 1: That's a crazy accusation. Your hits to my wagon. If I go down, you probably could still have a career. I'll be honest, so wild.
Speaker 2: I like those ones, one of those ones that they are popping in Washington.
Speaker 1: D c Oh, you're talking about the cherry blossom. Hell yeah, Oh dude, cherry blo. Listen. I'm a loyal man, but I would cheat on my birch with a cherry blossom every now and then I go to the big city for a couple of drinks.
Speaker 2: You so, you're so tacky you you would ditch out on your loyal birch. She is always dry and waiting for you just to go off to someone who can step it up for like three weeks out of the year.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, paper all the time. There's something about it. I am water to give my cherry glosses.
Speaker 5: Today's trending with Felan and Colt on one on Katie w brought.
Speaker 2: To you by nikolay Law dot com. Of course, here's the most first world problem. Jake and I stay at the Four Seasons last weekend for his birthday. Zero celebrity sightings. Ellen DeGeneres just posts a video of her jump scaring the lead singer of Metallica at the Four Seasons Minneapolis. Every single celebrity is at the Four Seasons Minneapolis. This is your time because she's doing doing shows, her final stand up shows ever this weekend in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: She's filming on her for a final Netflix special.
Speaker 1: It's her and her.
Speaker 2: Wife uh Porschia's anniversary Metallicas performing in town. Maybe Green Days there Green Days in town tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous. Yeah, what would you even say? Though? I feel like you would crack another pressure around Ellen, you say something, I'm chill.
Speaker 2: I'm a chill person around Listen. I was dining in a restaurant Malibu. I was the only person in the restaurant was like FiveM because I eat so early. No other person Harry Styles walks in. I didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I just was like, I wave. I didn't even say his name.
Speaker 1: That's uncool. You wave.
Speaker 2: As he was leaving, I waited for him to get his to go order, And as he was leaving, he looked at me and I just smiled and waved.
Speaker 1: You wave.
Speaker 2: What did you want me to do?
Speaker 1: What do you want me to do? Do you like raise your eyebrows?
Speaker 2: Like he was too far to see my eyebrow raise.
Speaker 1: Necessary? No, it wasn't. It was chill so cool what I mean, that's what I was said.
Speaker 2: When I was in California in April for my birthday, we sat at dinner, Adam Levine sat right behind us. Flex I didn't do a single thing. He was He probably wanted me sexually. I'm gonna assume most most men do.
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything, uncol that's not far fetch, like Adam Levian probably wants everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, could you maybe let me have a moment and then not be like he'll take anyone probably.
Speaker 1: Eye up and down your husband Jake at the same time, just like it's possible.
Speaker 2: That is possible. Other stories not like they matter. They're adding more slang terms to scrabble, which who cares. Like, if I'm playing scrabble, I'm gonna be honest. It's like I'm looking at some roll book. I'm just gonna play it how I want it. So I would have already used these words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, de Lulu's going on there for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeat, which, by the way, my stepsone be like you're just adding yat.
Speaker 1: No one said as yeat anymore?
Speaker 2: Bougie back mee, how was backne not already there, get come on back. Mean's been around forever. Yeah, two thousands flo nibbling?
Speaker 1: Am I right? As one word? Stan?
Speaker 2: Any who could a grammable?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who even cares? Like if I was playing and somebody put rizzler down like raising up or like raise, I'd be like, okay, out accept that us. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't sit around playing a lot of scrabble. No surprise, Emily in Paris. The new season is out today and that's what I've been doing. Well then actually came out yesterday. I think, Oh, i'd just been sitting around watching episodes.
Speaker 1: You've been so quiet over there.
Speaker 2: I haven't been watching it during the show, but I would. If you are entertaining me, I'll let Lily Collins entertain me. Okay, that's all I have. Thank you for listening to this show. That was your trend take.
Speaker 1: And we decided the sexiest tree on the count of three.
Speaker 2: So we decided what the biggest F boy tree would be.
Speaker 1: Palm tree.
Speaker 2: Palm tree. Palm tree is an F boy tree.
Speaker 1: A palm tree is trying to ruin your life for sure.
Speaker 3: On one on one point three kdw T.
Speaker 1: It's one on one point three KDWB, the Twin Cities Number one of music station. How do you feel? How does it feel the end of summer is here? It's not here.
Speaker 2: That's all we're even going to talk about. I refuse to have that conversation with you, sonumber one.
Speaker 1: I have so many fun bits on a do for fall though. Where we're where, we're all your ideas for summer summer long. I don't even know if anybody listened this summer. They're all doing summer, especially in the entire summer. You weren't even on this show.
Speaker 2: God, look, I already have my Halloween shirt on. Do you like my shirt?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I do. Actually it's great.
Speaker 2: It's ghost Face and he's holding his knife with blood and his phone to his ear and he's saying not much, just killing.
Speaker 1: Is that sick?
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of It's a little early to be wearing it. But I got it in the mail today. I did not wash it immediately put it on.
Speaker 1: Now we have been infamous for the past six months putting on events. Yeah that are bangers. Yeah, baby, So we're trying to figure out, like, should we do something around Halloween.
Speaker 2: Well, the station does boo Bash typically, and so Colt and I do have a genius costume idea we wrote down like six months ago and.
Speaker 1: We want to display it, but we're like, how do we do it? Where do we go? So we're teaming up with No One because we don't have any possibly.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's I am not thinking of the end of October right now. I'm thinking about this weekend.
Speaker 1: This weekend.
Speaker 2: No, I am thinking about the week and ahead. I'm going to the Green Day concert and I'm so excited. If you're going to the Green Day concert, look for me. This is so sick. They're doing dookie.
Speaker 1: Top to bottom. Who's dookie? That's They're like, I'm gonna punch you nothing, not a person.
Speaker 2: It's like they're in my opinion, their greatest album, Okay is a top ten album of all.
Speaker 1: Time for me.
Speaker 2: And then they're doing the full like American idiot top to bottom.
Speaker 1: I can't feel it one right now?
Speaker 2: You an American idiot? Yeah, American idiot, you're a universal.
Speaker 1: Worldwide. Well that's it. I'm excited for you those thank you so much. I'm very excited to go check it out. Yeah, and you're not invited. You told people to come see you. What can they do when they see you or find you? What do they? Is you just saying hi? Like do you have upgrades? Or like no?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Man one on one point three Katie WB with Fallon and Cult.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean you you were here for two days this week?
Speaker 1: Cult, Yeah, it's been a long week. Can you deserve vacation? I do?
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny when you go on vacation you come back and you're actually this more exhausted? Yeah, And it's almost like why did I even go?
Speaker 1: Like your brother in law's wedding? You had to. I'm not saying just for that, but I'm just saying, like any vacation, like you went to whatever Glacier Mountain or whatever. Where were you you? Bam you went to Bam, Yeah, and it was cool. But now you're here and it's like, did you even live that vacation or was it just because it's just gone, it's just a distant memory already, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Like you can look at the pictures sometimes make me feel and I am such a pessimist. You make me feel like a glass half full person because you are so negative.
Speaker 1: It's like you see the view and it's like all right, cool, so we just got to get on a plane in two days. That's nice. Why do we even do this?
Speaker 2: Listen, just ignore him, have a great weekend. Summer is still here. We love you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening.