Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six on demand, Good Indian Friends.
Speaker 2: Chris Merril, KFI AM six forty more stimulating talk on demand anytime, and the iHeart Radio app Quicker Minder. Tomorrow on the John Cobalt Shoe White House Borders are. Tom Homan joins John at one o'clock at the latest on the administration's take on what we've seen today, where it looks like the protests largely stayed non violent.
Speaker 3: And let me clarify this.
Speaker 2: The protests began around Lame and in fact, Michael Monks was there. Michael is with us right now. Michael Monks was reporting live and Michael, you and I went on the air about noon and we talked about how things were.
Speaker 3: You know, the crowd was.
Speaker 2: There, a lot of yelling, a lot of name calling, some people showing some sign language with which were were awfully familiar on the freeways.
Speaker 3: But things were still pretty chill.
Speaker 2: Then about one o'clock the National Guard formed a line has started pushing people away, and we find out later that was to try to get vehicles into the loading dock area. And you're the Federal building off Alameda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I got to tell you Chris. It looks like things have deteriorated in the past thirty minutes to an hour because some of those protesters who refused to leave have now turned antagonistic toward the police. At least three vehicles that appear to be way mos are on fire, and the police have ordered everyone to leave the Civic Center area of Los Angeles. They've urged people not to come anywhere near this area because a little bit of chaos is ensuing down here. So there are fires, the LAPD deploying those less lethal arms and ordering people to leave. There have been more arrest So if we thought things were calm, and I certainly did at least relatively calm, we were mistaken because it's starting to flare up pretty well down here in town. LA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, pun intended, because right there on Arcadia and I think Los Angeles Street is where I think those waymos are in that exactly.
Speaker 4: It's that old era pueblos, you know, the historic site, the old Los Angeles, the El Pueblo Olvera Street is where a lot of this is centered right now. And it really ramped up after the protesters took over the one oh one freeway and the CHP managed to get them off of there. This is the aftermath of that, and I'm seeing a lot of you know, live feeds from from some of the people who are participating. They're on TikTok and they're on Twitter, they're posting their videos. It's it's quite antagonistic. They want to see if they can corral the police and that sort of thing. And this has really taking a turn. And it's you and I talked about this a little bit earlier about, you know, the messaging that can get lost when protests take this turn, because you don't win friends, you don't win people over when it starts to look like this. Uh, these are the folks who may not necessarily stand for the issue, but they certainly stand for the chaos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: In fact, we were pointing out one guy who was jumping on top of the weimo who was smashing the car with his skateboard, and I don't think that he is out there concerned necessarily with ice detaining people in a home depot parking lot. He just looked like he wanted to be Oh.
Speaker 4: I mean, if this would have been for Black Lives Matter, that this would have been for Palestine, whatever, it would have been had taken this turn, you would have seen a lot of the same folks, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so now I'm watching some of the aerial footage from the TV stations and it looks like the police are trying to set up a perimeter as you mentioned, around that, you know, the Civic Center area, but still thousands of people, not nearly as.
Speaker 3: Concentrated as what we saw earlier today.
Speaker 2: But I would say that there are still thousands of people in that vicinity, many of whom are you know, live streaming their TikTok. But does this run the risk of turning violent? I'm seeing that we have some law enforcement as saying it could be a rough night.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, this is where we start to figure out what violent means and what peaceful means. Because the march that took place a couple of hours ago, with those thousands of people, that was just a lot of people making their presence known. It was quite a big, powerful scene there. And you know, while there were a little bit of a skirmish, a skirmish with the police on Alameda, it wasn't very severe at all, and then it broke up. But then they took over the freeway, some of those folks did. And now they're burning cars and they're fighting back with police. They're throwing the tear gas back at the police when it's deployed at them. So at what point do we have to concede? Yeah, this is certainly a level of violence, you know, and a lot of defacing of property, a lot of graffiti, a lot of vandalism is taking place now, so this definitely could be shaping up to be a long night that people were certainly hot over the deployment of the National Guard, so that raised the stakes down here. But again, when you start to see these types of scene that we're seeing with the waimos on fire and the vandalism that's going on, it's the message of the protests from earlier today has certainly drifted away from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a fellow leave a talk back as well, and he said, you know, when when things get out of hand like this, that's when you lose me.
Speaker 5: And and I think I think a lot of people anyway, I mean yes, which, by the way, speaking of which, I saw some of the people who were stuck on that freeway, the southbound side.
Speaker 2: There were people at just wrong place, wrong time, and the protesters start making their way out.
Speaker 3: These people are stuck. They can't get to an exit.
Speaker 2: They are literally stuck there for a couple of hours watching these protesters shut things down, and as chp entered on, I think they came on from Spring Street or maybe a little bit further north than that. But then they started walking, you know, southbound in between the traffic that was stuck, and the people got out of their car and started cheering them on.
Speaker 3: Go get them, go get.
Speaker 4: Them, go get them exactly. You know, these are folks who could have theoretically been sympathetic to the cause here today. But now, why have you turned towards them? You know, the protesters turned on those drivers, you know, whether they did so willingly or not. Have they turned on those crowd They made those drives and that is not the way to win people over. Nobody stuck in that traffic is saying, you know what, I'm going to vote with these guys.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: In fact, that happened to my wife presidential visit. She was late to a meeting, had missed a meeting scheduled. Yeah, because the president was in town and they had they had to shut down the freeway, you know, as the president. She was so miffed. She's like, he's not getting my vote.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was always taking a chance with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who it is?
Speaker 4: I mean the person shuts down the traffic and it's awful. It's just completely irritating. And that's kind of where we are now. I think we're into the riff raft stage of the protest and some of the uh, I'm using the term professional here as an insult, not to suggest that these people are being paid, but the professional protesters, the people who really dig into this sort of thing and really just like warring with the police.
Speaker 2: Michael Monks, who was reporting on all of this, is that are KFI downtown headquarters and a lot of people don't know the address of that place, and they won't. I'm not going to share it, yeah, because otherwise you're gonna have somebody showing up trying to pick up a T shirt. So, Michael, as we talk about the protest sort of taking on this next leg, whether it's these uh, you know, let's let's call them, uh, you call them professionals, I'll just call them run of the mill, you know, caused the jure type people.
Speaker 3: Is there any sort of a centralization to this movement.
Speaker 2: When we were watching the protesters gather earlier, I remember you remarking that now you've got the free Palestine people are showing up. Now you've got the you know, no justice, no peace of people showing up for this, and and so there doesn't seem to be any sort of central theme. And that mish mash, I feel like, allows for a number of these protesters to have their identity set by the vandals.
Speaker 4: That's exactly it. And you know, there are some leftist groups here in Los Angeles, and regardless of what you think of their politics, they are skilled organizers for this sort of thing. I'm thinking about the Democratic Socialist Chapter here in Los Angeles and groups like that, not necessarily the immigrations groups that will put out a message say hey, we're having a rally. We're going to talk about, you know, what Trump has done and what's going on in the city. It's not that these are folks who not only know how to mobilize and get their people to wherever they need them to be, but these are folks who know how to protest in situations, specifically like what we're seeing now when tear gas is thrown at you. Do you have the right equipment, do you have the right mass? Do you how to throw a backt There are videos of people who have these large I don't know if it's cardboard or some sorts of screens, but they are able to wave the tear task back towards the police. And they do this orchestrated. They know how to lock arms, they know how to what they call the water when police come towards them, so as not to help the police even remove them from the scene. These are people who know exactly what they're doing in moments like this, and they get lots of practice here in LA.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I should also point out though that that all of the tactics they're using are we would call them less than what the police are using. So it's not like they're using shields or now we're talking about the organized ones here, it's not like they're using the shields or it's not like they're showing up with with their own cannisters of tear gas. They are they're deflecting, right, They're they're sort of they're sort of reacting in.
Speaker 4: Their preparation exactly so they know exactly what to do. Uh, they anticipate the type of weaponry that will be used against them, and they have learned how to defend themselves and then go on the offensive with the police own tools. So we see them kicking those canisters of tear gas back at the police, we see them fanning the smoke back at them. And then you've got other groups stat that may not be affiliated with those political activists who are just there for the joy ride, just there to burn some way moos. And I don't know what waymo did to anybody, but there were three of them on fire Elan Olvera Street just moments ago and burned to an absolute crisp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and so tough to put those out too. Hey, Michael, thank you so much, man, You a tremendous job.
Speaker 4: My pleasure. Yeah, yeah, hey, thank you too, man.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, appreciation you. Michael Monks. Guy's gonna win awards for today's work. Took tear gas. I was talking to him earlier today.
Speaker 3: We were on it.
Speaker 2: We did a special from noon to two for those that were here. You know, you may have heard us, and.
Speaker 3: As I'm talking to him, you hear this chaos sort of.
Speaker 2: Building and building and building and building and building, and all of a sudden, signal goes dark, and I'm thinking, oh my god, I hope he's okay. Right, but I'm on the air and I have to be professional ish at all this, so I'm really worried about the guy. We go to a commercial break and all of a sudden, I get a text from him. This says, get me back on the air. I thought, oh, thank god, he's okay, and then I thought, oh, no, he's mad at me because we're not on the air. And the reason, of course, is that the things were going on, things were popping off.
Speaker 7: As Kayla likes to say, I mean, listen, he may have thrown himself in front of the tear gas for those awards.
Speaker 8: Let's just be real.
Speaker 2: You think I think he took a hit by pitch so he can get the free base. I think that's what it was.
Speaker 8: I think he's going he's got him for that pulletz er. No, he stands the chance, he does. I go for him. I know for him, Michael Monks, he is just the best, the best of the best.
Speaker 2: All right, So Brooker is standing by. We're gonna get to a check on news and then more of your thoughts. Those of you who've been listening, you've been hitting the talk back hard today and we'll get some of your feedback here in just a few moments. Remember, if you're on the iHeartRadio app, you can always hit the talkback button let us know what you think. Questions, comments, quips, quotes, criticisms and compliments. Feel free hit that talkback button and let me know. And if you want to call me Bill or food guy, you wouldn't be the first today. So we'll get your thoughts next. Chris Merril kf I AM six forty. We're live everywhere and the iHeart what.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Chris Merrill, I AM six forty. More stimulating talking.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Immigration protests continuing downtown. Most people have dispersed. I'm gonna say most people have dispersed, which means you have a larger area of people, and awful lot of people were in a very small concentrated part of town. Uh Alameda and right there by the Federal building basically one on one Alameda. Uh So we had a lot of people right there earlier today and Temple Street kind of in that vicinity. Then Basically, the police said, okay, enough of this, and they started saying, you got to disperse everybody out. An awful lot of people started sort of backing down, and the police were slowly moving their their skirmish line back and pushing people down Alameda Street to Temple and sort of blocking that whole area off and protecting the Federal building in the area around the Federal Building. Some people then, however, made their way onto the freeway under the one on one and they started blocking traffic, got onto the freeway, block traffic because there's a protest in southern California. Somebody's gonna step in front of the the traffic on a freeway because that's what we do. The other sort of lining the bridges that cross the one to one downtown excuse me. At some point we had a number of waymos that were dropping people off downtown or I don't know, maybe coming to pick people up.
Speaker 3: But the.
Speaker 2: Shenanigans around the waymos began and people began blocking the waymos, drawing graffiti on the weymos, showing off their spelling skills of curse words, and then they somehow were able to light the waymos on fire. It looks like we do have Is this going on on Main Street right now? Are you seeing what I'm seeing here? I'm watching the streaming feed on ABC seven. Guys with the horses, Yeah, they got the horses and now they're it looks like they're firing non lethal weapons that people who were holed up with chairs and they're kind of backing them down the street.
Speaker 9: Yea.
Speaker 2: And yeah, the horses and pushing people down the street. And they're using I don't know if those are pepper balls that they're firing in the in the in the crowd.
Speaker 8: Here kind of stick.
Speaker 7: It's a non lethal like stick that they're sitting up, but there it's there's Yeah, they're pushing people back, and there were some people kind of hiding behind like parking things and parking.
Speaker 3: Blocks, and then some office chairs of some sort.
Speaker 8: That yeah, they were just kind of in the streets, but they're.
Speaker 3: The ones you'd have a cheap waiting room right right.
Speaker 7: But they're definitely pushing people back. They formed their line and they are scooching people back back back with those horses and they are firing something at them.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to figure out what that is.
Speaker 2: Okay, And now there's some dude who is rolling on the ground and now the horses. Now they're beating the guy that was on the ground with sticks and trying not to walk on him with horses. And this again, I don't know if this is on a Liso street. I know it was on Main and then I think it's yeah, it must be a lease. So because it was Main between Maine and Spring, and it looks like they just kind of pushed them all the way back. What they're trying to do, I assume, is to take anybody that's still lingering and say it's time to get out. Most people have left. Most people are gone. We saw thousands there earlier. Most people have dispersed, not in the concentrated area. How many total people are left, it's hard to say because there's just so many, so many people in this in this area, but the area where people are concentrated is spread, so it's not it does that make sense, No, it doesn't. Uh, it's a wider area, so we can't really account for as many people. When they were all concentrated in about half a block, you could see just how many people were there. Now that you're covering three four blocks north and south and east and west. It's much harder to to gauge how many people are are there. So it looks like police are engaging with some of these individuals on a limited basis. Still a number of people on the bridges. Still, it looks like we have some these overpasses that are uh.
Speaker 3: Littered with individuals.
Speaker 2: And as we heard from Michael Monks in the last segment, things seem to be escalating a little bit. I'm gonna say you had the kind of escalating, but it's also very isolated incidents of escalation, so it doesn't feel like a massive clash. It just feels like a bunch of a bunch.
Speaker 8: Of like pockets.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's Pey for saving me on that.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 7: There's pockets of people that are spread out now across several streets in downtown. It looks to me like most people are backing away. I saw some people like walking towards you know, parking lots and.
Speaker 8: Maybe a bus.
Speaker 7: Nobody it seems, you know, is still actively engaging with the police or with the authorities there.
Speaker 8: They're all sort of back in your ways.
Speaker 7: They're kind of like not in large group, they're kind of just like meandering at this point, yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and some And now we've got some traffic.
Speaker 2: Some cars have gone on of those surface streets, some cars with signs, and I don't know if the signs are in support of the protesters are in support of the law enforcement, but there is some very limited traffic. If you have the intention of getting anywhere, I wouldn't go down there. I mean, it's still a total mess downtown. So unless you want to be a part of the problem, don't go down there. And I would guess that the people that are down there either live there and are trying to go, you know, someplace else, maybe grab some sizzler, or you've got people that are just trying to be a part of the problem right now. So just avoid the hell out of that. All right, let's check with Heather. I'm gonna get my bearings, grab some more of your talkbacks, because a lot of you have had thoughts on what has gone on today and I want to hear from you. So if you're on the iHeartRadio app, just click on that microphone button, let us know what you think, and we'll try to get as many of you on the air as we can, especially if it's worth a crap. If it's not, you'll probably get to put in the trash man. It's all up to Kayla. If you don't hear yourself on the air, it's Kala's full. If you do, it's because I did it, because I like, Yeah, I'm just letting you know how this hour works beyond the scene.
Speaker 3: That's what it is, all.
Speaker 2: Right, more of your thoughts next, Chris Meryl CAFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to kfi AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Chris Merril KFI AM six forty. Pleasure spending time with you to day because washing was going on. There's still still got some protesters who were just hanging out downtown. I did get a note on Twitter. It said, reminder, there's a Sparks game at Crypto tonight. You can take five South as a workaround since one on one is kind of a mess, still will continue to be a mess. Yeah, it depends on WHI which way you're coming from. But yeah, yep, I guess you're right.
Speaker 3: Do that.
Speaker 2: Sparks game starts at seven, so if you're not near the the arena already, then you're you're gonna be host, so just a heads up on that, but I want to give you a shout out. Thanks for hitting me up on the Twitter machine. So many of you had thoughts on what you've seen today, what you've witnessed from the protesters, from the politicians, from the vandals that have gone on, from the Waymos that caught fire. As you heard Heather Brooker talking about, they got all five of those cars caught. They got them all lit up, right, all five of those Waymos caught fire. One of them was burning the look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: It looked like they were having trouble getting the other ones caught, but then they got it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they got them all.
Speaker 2: Perseverance. Yeah, let it not be said that this group lacks perseverance.
Speaker 3: They have it.
Speaker 2: So anyway, those Waymos and man did they burn hot. I mean they burned that steel right down to the ground or I guess aluminum in many cases.
Speaker 7: But yeah, a lot of smoke too that I think a lot of people are saying they're seeing smoke in the area. I mean, five cars burning, and then plus you know all of the tear gas and stuff that's being deployed.
Speaker 8: It looks like people now are still.
Speaker 7: They're hiding behind these barricades, parking you know, barricades, and they're just sitting there.
Speaker 8: A lot of people are sitting.
Speaker 3: Now, almost daring the cops.
Speaker 8: Almost steering them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it'll be interesting to see one set skirmish line and the officers continue to move forward on horseback and on foot. What happens once they get to that line, Because there's a good you know, I would say almost one hundred or so people gathered either behind those lines or behind these parking you know, barricades, or around it. So we'll see what happens then.
Speaker 2: But one hundred people is a far cry, or a couple hundred people is a far cry from a couple thousand people we saw earlier. Yes, so we're certainly seeing people that have gone home, or I don't know, maybe they ain't go home, maybe they're going somewhere else. Like you said, a lot of black smoke from those weymos, and I do see that there are people who are there. I'm looking at a camera shot now that's sort of overlooking the freeway and it's set back a few blocks away from the waymos, so you can see black smoke. But I think there's probably people there wondering what's on fire, and it's those cars. It looks like it's more. The smoke doesn't look like it's just a carbecue. The smoke looks like it's a structure fiber.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: There's also a good deal of haze in the air from whatever the non lethals were that the police have been using, which makes me wonder how the California Apartment of Environmental Quality is gonna feel about this whole thing. I think probably citations for everyone, you know, protesters for letting those way Mo's on fire without a permit, and then the authorities for contributing to global warming. Everybody's gonna feel the wrath. It's just it's my gut. It's my gut, all right. What's happening on the talk back? Your thoughts are always welcome. If you're listening on the app, just sit that microphone button and leave us to talk back.
Speaker 3: Let us know your thoughts on whatever.
Speaker 8: Just wanted to say. Trust me, they're not going to the sizzler. No one in fact is going to the cyne.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes they are. Anybody that's on the road, there's two reasons to be on the Road one. You're trying to downtown, I mean you're trying to get to be a part of the chaos. Or you live downtown, you're trying to get away and maybe go grab dinner at the Sizzler.
Speaker 8: Wait, there's a Sizzler downtown La.
Speaker 3: Not no as Korea Town.
Speaker 2: But if you live downtown, you may be trying to get away from downtown because you don't want to be around all the chaos.
Speaker 3: Right, where better would you go?
Speaker 7: I go to the one in Atwater Village. That's my Sizzler, That's my sizzler of choice.
Speaker 2: So when this person says nobody's going to Sizzler, she's dead wrong, because I'm with you.
Speaker 3: There's some grade A steak.
Speaker 8: I mean that cheese bread woo.
Speaker 3: Who love that?
Speaker 8: Now we're all hungry.
Speaker 3: You're darn right love me some sizzler.
Speaker 7: Someone you know, you don't how on breaking news days, people order pizza for the newsroom because we're all like, you can't leave and we're stuck, you know, stuck working.
Speaker 8: What do we have to do to get some sizzler?
Speaker 3: Right up to the stage, some sizzler up in.
Speaker 8: This is my Oklahoma showing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I love it though. Growing up for me, we didn't have Sizzler. We had Ponderosa. But it is basically the same thing. We had, the Pondo. And there's only a handful of those open nationwide, and there's still one in my hometown. And uh, I got a little vacation coming up, the problem, and I would be hitting a pondo, but my.
Speaker 3: Wife won't go with me. She refuses. She's like, I am not going there. It is so good missing out, missing out.
Speaker 8: They have all you can eat salad bar.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, I mean they're basically the same place. The Podros Sizzler is basically the same place. Yeah, it's kind of like, I don't know that it's the same as Carls Junior and Hearty's, but it's roughly the same thing.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, oh here we go, here we Chris, he love the show, Love you guys. Laila Layla.
Speaker 8: La hasn't worked here in two years, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, differently, this is Kayla okay with Layla Lailao.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, Well better than Bill a food guy.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I got called that.
Speaker 10: Here I am sitting in beautiful southern California, San Diego. I'm surrounded by uh nurseries and orange groves.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not play out in the yard. Oh it's sweet.
Speaker 10: I got no problems. Right, let's cities burn. Let the city wish you're on more Chris.
Speaker 3: Thanks? Okay, all right, okay, Well you know what I like about that dude? Chill is chill? Let him burn. You brought it on yourself. All right, I'm good. No, you know what, when when the when the when the last of us zombies hit?
Speaker 2: The cryptids or whatever they are, right whatever, the mushroom brain people, the funguses hit.
Speaker 3: I'm go hang out with that dude. We'll let you come along too. But my name right, and I like, dang it.
Speaker 8: I knew this will be a thing.
Speaker 7: But you know what if they think I'm Leila Mohammad, I take that as the ultimate compliment.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he just thinks your name is it's not that?
Speaker 8: Well then there's that.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 5: Is there?
Speaker 8: Nothing wrong with my name?
Speaker 4: Nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 2: No, listen, we're letting you stay at the at the at the hacienda where you can avoid the fungus people.
Speaker 3: If that follow the half stappen is we call you Yla instead of Cala that's Kayla needs to chill. That's what I'm saying. Yeah, is our Sarah Connor moment.
Speaker 11: Man, we gotta burn those waymoths before they take control.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, tell me two something all right.
Speaker 9: Hey, Chris Fellow, Detroit Lions.
Speaker 3: Fan here, I'm so sorry for your years of embarrassment.
Speaker 9: Hey, can you ask Lucy the traffic person to say jaguar with her English accent?
Speaker 3: Lucy, can you say jaguar?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, you will say it wrong.
Speaker 8: It's jaguar. That's how I say it, exactly how you say it.
Speaker 3: Jaguar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, jaguar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I'm like when I firsts aren't like jaguar, Like, what is that?
Speaker 8: What is that?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, James brownce Porsche too.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah it's yeah, uh what I And I'm I'm okay with kind of the English pronunciation of jaguar. It's the jaguarar that makes me crazy when they say I'm going to watch the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: I don't like that anyway.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, it's it's fine.
Speaker 3: So the way mos that are burning are in fact Jaguars.
Speaker 6: Yes, the Jacks even better, the Jacks Jags just jags Jaggs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you drive a jack.
Speaker 2: I have never driven a Jag. My wife won't let me. No, she doesn't like to pay the insurance, says I have to drive something fancy. So can you say it with with your English accent?
Speaker 3: Can you say Hyundai?
Speaker 6: Hyundai rhymes with Sunday? Because I remember that commercial? Yes, yeah, right, I love it.
Speaker 2: We used to laugh about pronouncing cars, right and Heather. The first time Heather made me die laughing. I was talking about Porsche's because I have this I have this clip of a guy pronouncing Portie, but it's it's almost exaggerated full show.
Speaker 3: And I said, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, Heather, I don't know if you remember this, but I said, Heather, would you like to drive a Porsche or are you driving a portion?
Speaker 3: And you said something about that. No, I'm in my Sorento Creno. It was so good. All right, Back to our suffering Lions.
Speaker 9: Fan And also, what do you think of Aaron Rodgers going to the steel Come on as and the Lions are going to face each other in Detroit. No later in the season.
Speaker 3: Now we're not talking of your show. All right? Thank you?
Speaker 9: No from Michigan. So I'm a fellow Michigan.
Speaker 3: But I've looked out here for several years.
Speaker 10: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: By h We're not talking all right, We're not talking football, We're not doing that. But I look forward to crushing rogers Ford Field game a circle on my calendar.
Speaker 3: We'll crush him. That's all I got.
Speaker 2: All Right, more of your talkbacks as of you continue to listen, and then we'll hand things off to doctor Wendy, Doctor Wendy After Dark begins at seven o'clock. Chris Merril KFI AM six forty were live everywhere in the iHeartRadio abbe.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Chris Merril KFI AM six forty more stimulating talk.
Speaker 3: It has been an honor talking with you throughout the day.
Speaker 2: It looks like a fire department has shown up to try to put some of these fires out around the weaymos that people put on fire. The protests which have been going on since a little before noon. We started covering our protest coverage today at noon and then they got they grew and there was a little bit of a friction, and mostly it was the dispersion and then just disruptions of the of the traffic. There were some arrests that were made there, there was some violent interaction, but it wasn't We didn't have any shootings. I don't think we even cracked out rubber bullets today. So I mean, as protests go, this one didn't get two out of hand. Credit goes to everybody involved, both the law enforcement who kept things chill and then the majority of the protesters who also kept things chill.
Speaker 3: And again, you did have a.
Speaker 2: Few rabble rousers who did not, and you know they're gonna come with all the different protests, but it certainly could have been a whole lot worse when you had so many people that were involved in this. Uh, those of you that have been leaving talkbacks, I appreciate you. I want to fire through a few more here and then we'll talk with the great Doctor Wendy, who's up here at seven o'clock with Doctor Wendy after dark. All right, here we go, Oh way, moo's on fire. And I also made mention that if you were, there's no reason to be on the streets. There are a few cars on the surface streets downtown, and I said, there's no reason to be there at all unless you live downtown and you're trying to get out to go grab some sizzler or something, or you want to be a part of the problem.
Speaker 3: Those are the only two options.
Speaker 2: Either you live in like an apartment complex and you I got to get out of here grab some sizzler, or you're trying to be a part of the problem. It's the only reason there'd be cars down there, all right, So other just avoided if you can't.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yep. Hey.
Speaker 11: So it's pretty sad what's going on. I mean, all the force being used this, but you deal got to flex that muscle to show what's going on in Kurtel anything that's gonna happen. The protest should be about the people allowing these people to come over. And I get we're all humans, we need a nice place to live, but you got to keep your house strong and then we can allow people in. It's sad, It really is sad. But it's come to this point because it's been allowed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the protest would look like if ICE actually started cracking down on the businesses that we're hiring people, if we actually started enforcing that and we started saying, oh, this farm has got too many people here without documents. We're going to crack down on the farmer. This meatpacking plan has got too many immigrants. We're going to crack down on the meat packers.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, this politician has people working for them that are without documents, that are working in the gardens or are working in the service industry around their homes.
Speaker 3: We're going to crack down on them. Then, I wonder what the protest would look like.
Speaker 12: Your coverage of the unrest this weekend was excellent.
Speaker 3: Oh that's Michael Munks.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 12: I needed to hear blow by blow and then know that your guy was okay. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Michael Munks was amazing today. He's been amazing all weekend and stuff today was amazing. And Heather Brooker read some news too. All right, at least nobody's mislabeled you. I've been called, uh, the food guy, which is Neil. I've been called Bill, and then Kayla was called Leila. So nobody's mistaken you and been like, oh, feather looker has got news.
Speaker 3: Nobody's done that.
Speaker 10: You're talking sisther my kind of talk.
Speaker 3: Yes, my sister is.
Speaker 12: Someone in low Salamados. And Phil Beach I love me son, sister.
Speaker 3: I love you, guys.
Speaker 2: I just love that we're talking protests and it devolves quickly into Sizzler.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's my talk to you. Guys are the best.
Speaker 9: I didn't even know that Sizzler was still in business.
Speaker 4: I thought you were totally joking.
Speaker 2: No, not joking. Sizzler is amazing and you're totally missing out.
Speaker 10: There's an episode of it too, like on ah, it's a Anthony Bourdain or somebody does.
Speaker 3: An episode the cooking shows did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, with David Cho, Davo and him, oh outstanding.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure.
Speaker 13: There's Gravin Newsom, head of the AQMD or Quality Management District.
Speaker 2: Okay, so in California, that's Gavin Newsom. Guys, he called the talk back line. That's him. Wow, Cry, you want to you wanna roll tape on this other so you can put work it into a story.
Speaker 13: I cry the aspect of burning Waymo vehicles because those are our future. Yeah, and they pollute the environment. So the protest must stop burning Waymo vehicles. AQMD requires that demand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I love that Gavin Newsom to stop burning the vehicles bad for the environment.
Speaker 3: Ye Hi, Chris I'm sorry. I thought you were Neil the food guy.
Speaker 10: But anyways, what would you recommend for some Mexican taco seasons?
Speaker 8: These people are so funny.
Speaker 3: I can't That is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh well listen, since I'm not the food guy, I will give you my recommendations. Which is gonna be Ortega, which Raoul told me is the whitest you can get. So he says, I have to go with the nor Can O R R so, but me, it's ortega, our old mission or some McCormick. Yeah, a little paste pecante in there.
Speaker 8: Everything but the bagel. That's my seasoning of choice.
Speaker 3: All right, Then one more last one?
Speaker 8: Hi, Chris, Hi Laila.
Speaker 3: Jesus, No, that is a good call.
Speaker 8: Thank you for that. Man.
Speaker 3: We need this fact that she just threw it in there.
Speaker 8: I sent you one that was really sweet to me.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna play that one? No, I lost that one. That's weird. That's the weirdest thing. Doctor Wendy.
Speaker 2: After Dark starts at seven o'clock, Doctor Wendy, what can we expect today?
Speaker 1: How you doing well?
Speaker 3: It's been a day, girl.
Speaker 14: How can I follow a day like that? Except that I have to put some psychology into it. One of the things I'm going to talk about is could the National Guard be causing attachment injuries in kids?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 14: Are we going to see intergenerational trauma happening because of this?
Speaker 8: And I have to talk.
Speaker 14: I know it's been a while the must Trump bromance breakup and how it's very similar to our own. There's one particular technique they used that many lovers use, and if you haven't been following it, he Diddy's girlfriend who's currently testifying at his trial and we'll come back tomorrow is a text book case study of an anxious attachment style. So don't kidding, I'm gonna I'm gonna talk about love and relationships. You know, love isn't all about pleasure. There can be a lot of pain.
Speaker 8: In there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I hear you. This is why I love listening to your show.
Speaker 2: Wayna State way to work in the psychology on the current events.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 14: Remember, love is not about finding happiness. Love is about finding the familiar and defending what happened in your early childhood. Thinking about pdd's girlfriend, Yeah, I wonder what happened to her because she is so afraid of losing him that she would do anything and put her own feelings aside.
Speaker 2: That's fascinating to me. And I'm going to think about what you actually just said. I don't have enough time to get into it right now, but I'm gonna be thinking about this for the next week.
Speaker 3: Yes, I had never heard it put that way before.
Speaker 2: Love is about finding familiarity, not happiness, and that is so spot God, You're good, all right, Doctor Wendy. After dark starts next, Doctor Wendy, love you to death. Thank you so much, Heather. Love it when you step in things take a turn for the worst every time. And I adore that Raoul buddy off the air. Raoul gave me tips on best scizzlers in the area. So we're gonna actually do a tour. And that's why I love him.
Speaker 3: And Kayla. Kayla needs to chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk to you guys next time. Chris Merril KFI AM six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app KFI AM
Speaker 1: Six forty on demand