Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine The games Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JRR.
Speaker 2: So where did the bulldog go on vacation? Ooh, he went to Dr Dominican Republic. Oh so he's basking in the tropical sun. I believe so, yes, I hope he's got some SPF nine hundred on that bald DOMAHZ.
Speaker 1: Who he's gonna think if it peals, you know, and that happens.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into the sports here. Major League Baseball state scores. Yesterday, the Marlins beat the Twins two oh in Miami. They'll play again tonight at six forty. Meanwhile, the Rays over in Tampa lost to the A's in ten innings. The final was four to three. First pitch today early at twelve ten. You're crazy, you want to go over there catch a game? Twelve ten First pitch. WNBA news. No Caitlin Clark available for the Indiana Fever. However, they did manage to beat Minnesota Links seventy four to fifty nine. Why is that a big deal? Taco Bob uh No idea. They win the WNBA's Commissioner's Cup. That league's in season tournament and the team will now get to split a five hundred thousand dollars bonus, just like the one they did with the Magic and everybody here, yeah, the NBA, they're in season tournament. On the topic of Caitlin Clark, Dick Vital slamming the WNBA players for ranking Caitlin Clark as the ninth best in the league. They had her ninth best. So here's the deal where Vital, who obviously is a basketball guru when it comes to commentating and observation and all things basketball, he says, what we got going on here is nothing but quote pure jealousy. He's calling out the WNBA players not showing support for Caitlin Clark. He says, the reason she was ranked ninth is nothing more than pure jealousy on the All Star ballot from her fellow players. The players are voted into the All Stars by a combination of fan vote, media vote, and then the players votes, and Vital pointed out a few things. He's like, you know, it may take years for them to finally figure out the impact she's had in the league. With sold out games and arenas now charter jets for the teams to do now, and.
Speaker 1: We're an angel make up that that league. They're the backbone of it, so get off her.
Speaker 2: And improved TV ratings, So you know, I think vital is onto something there, no doubt about it. All Right, what else we got happening here? Let's stay with basketball for a second. As free agency continues, the Milwaukee Bucks were the ones making all the news yesterday a bit of a shocking move as they agree to a four year, one hundred and seven million dollar deal with the Pacers free agent center Miles Turner. Turner, who was very you know, a part of the Pacers recent run and part of booting the Bucks out of the playoffs the last few years, is now going to be playing for the Milwaukee Bucks, so they've signed him. Then, the Bucks waived future NBA Hall of Famer Damian Lillard, who they would have had to pay one hundred and ten million over his last two seasons in contract, so they swapped one superstar for another and kept the money at about the same. So there you go with that. Meanwhile, in Oklahoma City, they are going to lock up Shay Gilgess Alexander deservedly so as they reach a four year two hundred and eighty five million dollar contract extension for him, and he deserves every stinking bit of it, no doubt about it. Some NFL news tight end Darren Waller, who I believe last played for the Raiders, I think, will come out of retire to join the Miami Dolphins. The Finns are acquired his rights from the Giants. I guess the Giants had acquired his rights after he retired. Uh maybe he did Waller play for that. I don't know anyway. Why it's got Waller to come out of retirement. They need the tight end slot filled after they traded away John hu Smith to the Steelers. Right, Okay, So they get Waller, who you know, has been great. He's you know, on the back side of you know where player performance starts to trail off and has been retired for a little while. They got him first six round draft pick. So we'll see if that pans out for the Dolphins this upcoming season. Bit of a shocker as Wimbledon gets underway, Taco Cocoa Golf is gone, losing her first round match to Ukrainian player Diana yes Strump Scott. That's right after she just won the opening won the French Open. Yeah, so that's uh early exit for golf, he said it shocking. One final thing to add here, this is certainly an interesting move. The University of Pennsylvania yesterday modified a trio of school records set by transgender swimmer Leah Thomas. Remember this guy was the one who uh you know, broke all these records and won this NCAA Division one title, and this is really what started the whole guys in women's sports deal. So they have erased the records from Thomas and restored the individual division one records to the female athletes who lost to Thomas, as well as sending a personalized apology letter to each of those swimmers.
Speaker 1: They should and they should give them like a little more, because you know what I'm getting at, well, like some kind of big old like, hey, here's a chunk of cash.
Speaker 2: We've kind of dorked this one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember it was the swimmer, and then it all culminated with the boxer who just beat the hell and it's like.
Speaker 2: What enough is enough? Man? So there you go the sports page for this morning. As we I mean, that was a decent amount of information considering we're in a lull of sorts, right, I'd say Lizinako on demand. To download the iHeartRadio app