Speaker 1: You're listening to Sorry for asking.
Speaker 2: Sorry for asking. I'm Cold Connor.
Speaker 1: And I'm Adam Ramsey. This is where we talk, shop, ask questions.
Speaker 2: Tell stories, and laugh some laughs about being creators as well as consumers of adult content.
Speaker 1: We love watching too, we certainly do.
Speaker 2: We also discussed the impact adult films have had on us, on our guests, and on the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 1: So strap on and strap in and.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, this this thing on?
Speaker 2: Hello? Hello? Is anyone there?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hi, welcome to Sorry for asking.
Speaker 1: I'm Cold Connor and I'm Adam Ramsey. Hi, cols going on, I'm not a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess I'm still like getting I had a sinus infection what and then on some fucking antibiotic for like a week, even though you know you get better, but you have to like finish the antibiotic. Yeah, and I was fucking up my stomach just like I finally finished on Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, but how'd you get a sinus infection?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I think, Well, it didn't help that I had a men dot Com scene on a Saturday and I had to drive to I had to like wake up at six am. And drive down there, do the scene, and then drive right back to LA. So just like that didn't help. And then it's on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I woke up like, oh no, oh, no, how are you feeling now?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm back.
Speaker 1: Cool, You're back.
Speaker 2: I'm back. But I just have like a little bit of a lost voice.
Speaker 1: You look great. I love that color on you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What do you call that color?
Speaker 2: I'd say it seeks foam, Yeah, something definitely with see in it. I'll say, what about you?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: It's been a you know, we're well into spring. It's a lovely April day. The heat is coming back. My party was a hit. Everybody who came to Access Seed a few weeks ago, thank you all so much for coming. It was such a beautiful night. My goodness. I am just so grateful for the turnout at that party.
Speaker 2: It was super fun.
Speaker 1: It was super fun. You had a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yet I did go upstairs a little bit.
Speaker 1: I heard a lot of people went upstairs that time.
Speaker 2: I didn't do too much. Yeah, I mean I had been tested for a scene, so I couldn't do that much. I don't think.
Speaker 1: So. You were you were a responsible slutch.
Speaker 2: I was trying to be.
Speaker 1: That's how I like it. I always never responsibly.
Speaker 2: You never know what anybody is doing in between the testing and the you know and anybody that they're filming with what they're doing, so you have zero control over it. Yeah, I just like do the best you can.
Speaker 1: You know, as a host of a party like that, you know, people really liked the music, which I was. You know, that's obviously first and foremost for me. But you know how good it feels when somebody comes up to me and it was like, oh my god, I'm having the best time at your party. I just like a load to the face upstairs, thank you so much. The hottest, one of the hottest boys I know came to me was like I took three. I was like, you took three at my party. I'm honored. It's an honored to serve my community.
Speaker 2: You're not really that much of a dark room.
Speaker 1: Person generally not. I mean, it has happened, but it's not usually my thing. I like to go up and take a look, but especially when I'm working, when I'm like throwing the party, I definitely I was at the Hearth the Winter event. I didn't go upstairs once during the event. I was just so busy bopping around and doing my thing downstairs, heading up fruit as I do. Wait, I shouldn't give that away. That's one of my gags. But this time I did go up towards the end. But it was like there was a moment when I was looking around at like five point thirty in the morning and the dance floor was packed. I was like, damn girls, like the sun is coming up and y'all are still going. I've done my job.
Speaker 2: I also was like, I went out thinking, this is not gonna be a late night for me. It's not gonna be late, and was it, And it was late.
Speaker 1: It was more of a morning.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming and having such a.
Speaker 2: Good thank you. I have to say, because this will come out and plenty of time. I'm doing an improv show at UCV. It's gonna be called porn without porn. There's gonna be half adult performers and then they're like including me and then half improvisers. Drew Drogi our friend of the show, Tony Genius, Tony Genius okay, and there's some other people I need like two more adult people. But I am.
Speaker 1: Sounds on a Thursday, right, Yeah, I work Thursdays.
Speaker 2: But I think it's gonna be a lot of fun obviously, like it will have scenarios suggested from the audience that are like what you would see in a porn but we never get to the sex because like, so you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna like improv comedic porn situation. Yes, in real time.
Speaker 2: That's so fun. It's gonna be super fun.
Speaker 1: Will someone record it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure we can get at tape.
Speaker 1: I hope somebody will have.
Speaker 2: I've never done anything at UCB, so I'm excited to do cool, amazing. But we should get to our lovely guest.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: He is in town and I'm filming something with him for a documentary on Friday. But then we were hanging out last night and I was like, why don't you come on the show.
Speaker 1: I want the last minute surprise guest.
Speaker 2: My friend Daniel, Daniel Gaines.
Speaker 1: Bro Hip Daniel. Yeah, bring that close, don't be afraid close, ye.
Speaker 2: Get out of your mouth. Though difficult, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Not much? Thank you so much for having me here. It was I was very nervous, I'll say, especially like with with Adham because I was telling someone I kind of like saw your porn coming out and you know, getting into my own sits. This is this is like for me, it's a it's an honor to be.
Speaker 1: Tell me more.
Speaker 2: We have a kiss ass? Hey, what that is?
Speaker 1: Let me have my moment?
Speaker 3: O Connor, Do you remember Cole when I said to you the first time I've met you. I don't think you do.
Speaker 2: I don't remember anything I told him.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you're you're pretty in real life. I mean not that you're not beautiful on screen, but you were even more mesmerizing in real life. So I guess I'm a kiss ass.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: We like teachers pet teacher's pet, but we like it cool. Well, thank you so much for flattering us both. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: You always look great too. You take care of yourself very well.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: On point all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hot, motherfucker? What's going on? What is it? So?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: As somebody who is ethnically ambiguous myself, I like when people ask me what is my I like people sometimes will be like what are you? And I hate that question, So I like to ask what is your ethnic makeup?
Speaker 3: Perfect? You asked the right question, because when people ask me that, I'm like, what do you want to know? Where are you from?
Speaker 1: Or where are you from? I'm from Los Angeles, I'm from Canada.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, but you're not.
Speaker 1: M anything right exactly. You know, I do it on purpose. For sure.
Speaker 3: I could be a second third generation immigrant, but I still from Canada background. Ethnically speaking, I'm Punjabi. I was born and raised in Pakistan. So I moved to Canada in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, twenty fifteen, So you grew up in Pakistan. Wow. Okay, So this is going to be fun to talk about because obviously, I'm sure representation in the adult content world, there's probably not a lot of people who are Punjabi.
Speaker 3: It's a big thing being South Asian and in the industry because there's not a lot of people from South Asia. But it's coming up Toronto especially, like I feel, there's so many South Asian content creators that are coming in. I don't know how many will actually make it far enough, but they're starting off. They're showing interest, so I guess states that that's that that that's good. I was really shocked to find there was this one Pakistani content creator in Texas somewhere, which was Yeah. And the only reason I know that is because on his Twitter he has the Pakistani flag on it. So I'm like, okay, that's that's that's that's interesting. But I've I've never seen his work. All I saw was Twitter, So they're not that many people out there.
Speaker 2: Anything.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't, I didn't. I didn't message him. I should have problem, Yeah, I'll do that. But the one of my closest friends is also a content creator. His name's Roger. He is, He's in He's based out of Toronto, and people love our videos together, like it's says like brown film together. Yeaheah we we. I did my last like third scene with him because people love it and we've got great chemistry as well, so it's awesome. We started off making the video and we didn't know where, how long it will be or what. We just went with it. By the time we were done, we had an hour and a half of footage.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like, okay, we got three videos. But yeah, so there is space for that. There's a lot of stuff that you know is missing from this space, like ethnically speaking, but Roger is doing pretty good work. He's done a couple of scenes with men dot Com. But I do feel like sometimes a studious pigeonhole you and in a certain way. So his character was supposed to be in Onion and so he was dressed in the the the Indian like like the sheer one or whatever it's called. He was dressed up in that. Then they wanted to do an all brown guys scene and he asked me, He's like, do you want to be my scene partner? I'm like, no, I can't. And for me it was I can't be that token, you know, brown guy that they want for me. I don't know. That was just just seemed a little lottery and I want to be recognized with the work there, the color of my skin, So that I was thinking that.
Speaker 2: But then don't you have like kind of catch twenty where like because people don't want to be a token, then they don't get this.
Speaker 1: Is Yeah, this is definitely a subject that has come up on this podcast before. Remember our episode with Andre Donovan, where like sometimes you know, the fine line of like tokenism versus representation, like it does sometimes get a little blurry because it's like we obviously want to be getting work, but we you know, we want to have representation. But also it's like, you know, let's just make sure we're doing it for the right reasons. And you know, it's tough. It's you know, you can't really pinpoint exactly what the motivations are for certain studios, but you're working. It seems like you have a big following. Your Instagram following is pretty pretty up there. What's going on with your Twitter following? I did I did some I did some research, and I was wondering a little bit about that.
Speaker 3: So what happened was that I deactivated my account before entering the US because I was scared getting through immigration. So I'm like, okay, I'm gonna disable all my social media counts. I disabled all of my social media counts. Twitter has an issue ofpparently, and I've read up. I freaked out yesterday. It was ninety two thousand followers and all of a sudden, my like forty followers or something. Apparently, after you reactivate your account, it takes a couple of days for them to fix this issue. It's a known bug. So I'm still freaking out a little bit. But because it's messing up with everything. Weirdly enough, anything I knew I post doesn't get to everyone, but the old stuff is still circulating and being retweeted. I sent Twitter an email already, so that's I'm scared.
Speaker 2: I mean I lost mine at three hundred and fifty four. OK. Yeah, so yes, so now I'm at like one twelve or one thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I hate this is that this is still a thing that you have to fear as a traveling person.
Speaker 2: Well, he was like last night, he was telling me about it. I'm like, doesn't deactivating I mean, like you He's like, no, I didn't delete it. I'm like, isn't deactivating the same thing as deleting.
Speaker 3: There's still pretty deactivation and then permanent deletion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how it works.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that's what's that. That's what happening with their Twitter.
Speaker 1: So tell us what brings you to LA this time?
Speaker 3: So mostly I come to La. My sister lives here, so it's it's always good to see her. I'm very close to her, so we get to spend a lot of time together. That's why I came to LA. And then I started doing collabs because LA is a big hub and you get pretty much everyone here anyway, you don't have to go anywhere else. They just kept on coming back, and it's it seems like a great place to visit and to be. I think last time I mentioned to you Cold that I wouldn't mind living in LA either, because it's.
Speaker 1: A fun place to live.
Speaker 3: It's a fun place to live, and for some reason it keeps calling me back. I hate big cities a lot of people around me, but LA just seems to hit the right notes for me. So that's that's why I don't know about your background. What's your what's your background?
Speaker 1: My background is Armenian. I'm Armenian American. I was raised here.
Speaker 3: So the reason why I'm asking is because i'm here. So it was the end of Ramadan, so we have ad so with a family thing, so that's why I kind of came to be good time to come see my sister and also do some collabs while I'm at it. I don't get to do much work while I'm in in Canada.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the thing that we're doing on Friday, what that's for a documentary? So what's that all about?
Speaker 3: So they're doing this documentary on gay Asian adult content. Creators, and first it was just focused on East Asians and someone started suggesting, well, there are other content creators in Asia as well, the other ethnicities as well as yeah's right, So they reached out to me and I said, yeah, let's let's let's go for it. Let's uh, let's do this. So it's it's basically just trying to catalog and talk to us about how we feel as being ethnically Asian in the industry because there's a lot more factors for culturally speaking, for us, I'm very unique in this sense, like IDGF, like I'm going to live my life the way I want to. Because I came out at the age of thirty two. I didn't even realize I was gay when until I was thirty two. The signs were all there, but I was in denial, I guess, and then I'm not going back into the closet. So I'm pretty open about everything. But frankly speaking, if I can go tell my parents and you know, I'm in the adult industry, my sisters know and they're very supportive of it, but I wouldn't go tell my parents just because you know the cultural.
Speaker 1: Are you out to your parents?
Speaker 3: Ye? You are okay, they live in Pakistan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is the climate around homosexuality in Pakistan?
Speaker 3: Like I wouldn't be the best person to say anything about it because I wasn't out when I was there. I literally came out and then I moved moved to Canada.
Speaker 1: Are there out people?
Speaker 2: And yeah, there.
Speaker 3: Are, but they are. It's very complex society, like it's it's on one hand, you have the freedom do whatever you want to, but it has to be in your private spaces.
Speaker 2: They aren't like gay bars.
Speaker 3: They aren't gay bars, but everyone drinks like it's it's pretty common to drink, Like weddings would normally have a bar, and you know events would have a bar. It's not open, but people still do it. I know a lot of my friends were gay as well, and for me that was the odd thing. I had gay friends, but I still didn't realize I will get much older. But the climate is there's always in an element of fear. But I know gay couples living together as well.
Speaker 1: It's obviously so it's not like an oppressive regime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not really like it. I mean it's not it's I mean I haven't been to Rondo. From what we see from the media. It's not like you know Irnas all the Arabia. If your head isn't covered, you're gonna be like they're gonna beat you up right. I always used to say, like even living in Canada, like I love Coldstone Creamery, Canada doesn't have a cold Stone Creamery, but packstand doesn't. Okay, So so people like going out. It's it's pretty vibrant, it's a pretty vibrant economy, and people like going out. But it's just it's just done in a seemingly dry manner.
Speaker 1: So what do you attribute your late coming out process to?
Speaker 3: Just lack of exposure to to to the gay culture like or to people in a in a more meaningful way you.
Speaker 2: Had like no like gay mentors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, exactly exactly, And I didn't realize. And then when I realized, when it clicked in my mind, like oh now so many things mate, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: What caused that click was the flick of the dominoes social media?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, way back when thirteen fourteen, when I when I first started my Instagram, like I had at that point in time, I had like eight point five koff followers. Nobody had that many and then I had to delete that account because one of my exes didn't like me having a big social.
Speaker 2: Media algorithm taught him what he would like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so wait, what your ex girlfriend or something?
Speaker 3: No, not my This was an ex, like a first a first guy I dated after I came out. I see he didn't like me having social media. But yeah, so I started getting attention from guys on on social media and that I liked it. And then I started talking to this one guy and who's actually from La. Oddly enough, I started talking to him and we kind of hit it off, and then I'm like, okay, now a lot of stuff makes sense. Went into therapy. I was married and have two kids. Oh wow, So then I went to therapy. Then I told my ex, well she was my wife. Then I told her my ex wife is a very interesting person. She's very loving. So the first thing she said to me, she's like, hold on. She grabbed me by the arm. We went into the bathroom and she lit a cigarette in the bathroom because obviously we're not gonna there's an exhaust fan over there. So we used to smoke in the bathroom all the time. Lights a cigarette up takes a couple of puffs and I'm just sitting there and waiting what she's going to say. Next. She's like, you know what, you need to move to Canada right now because you're not going to have a life here. Wow, the first thing she said to me.
Speaker 1: Yet what an act of kindness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean she hit the fan afterwards. But we were together for sixteen years, so we were a high school sweetheart and I was in love with her. I was actually attracted her. It wasn't. It wasn't, which made this all the more confusing. But yeah, so that's what she said. And then it was yeah, but she's still a very close friend of mine. Okay, I rely on her. I was going through a recent breakup and I called her up and I told her about it, and like, so we're good friends. Obviously there's some you know, obviously lingering stuff, but we're really good. I mean, she's one of the closest people I have in my life.
Speaker 1: Does she know what you're up to these days? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm very open with I'm very open with everyone. I don't hide like even work and professionally, I don't hide it. Yeah, I just don't mention it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, how about your kids? Were what's the story with the kids.
Speaker 3: So my older one is going to start college this yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait rewind hold man, when did you get married?
Speaker 1: You said he was there a high school sweethearts and six we got married. Okay, what is your can I ask? I know it's not hot. You know you shouldn't ask a lady her age? Are you?
Speaker 3: What is your four?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I mean you look amazing, well done, excellent, thank you? Cool.
Speaker 3: I can feel it, sure, feel it in my bones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all feel it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right, right, Well that's okay. So you have an eldest who's in college.
Speaker 3: And a younger one who's turning twelve.
Speaker 1: Turning twelve, Okay, that was quite an age difference. Yeah, and do they know that you are? Do you identify as gay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, then they know that they were. Actually, my younger son was very very close to my last ex, whom I was for five years. My younger one was very very close to him. And my younger one is also kind of weird interesting because in his mind, because he was I think a year and a half when his mom and I split up, he didn't have those perceptions of that a man and a woman make a make a family repairs. He never had that preconception in his mind, which was very, very interesting because he accepted my ex way is he knew. I didn't even have to tell him. At one point He's like, oh, yeah, you have you have him here, he's your special friend I did. I'd never mentioned it. Yeah. My older one, on the other hand, completely ignored it and wasn't denial. He got on when I kissed my my ex and that's when he and they went back home and to his mom he's like, is baba gay?
Speaker 2: So what was the moment that made you say porn is something I want to do?
Speaker 3: Whoa unemployment? Does that paying the bills?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I got laid off at the second time in a year I think or a year and a half, and I was like, why am I not doing this? Like I need a backup. I started off. Then I found another job, which is also contractual. I'm like, okay, there's no security here. And thank god that ended in five months too and I had something to fall back on. Then the current job that I'm working at, which is it's my dream job. In fact, when it came I was like should I stop it? And people asked. My friends were also like, why don't you stop doing pornaw? I say, it's all out there and it's it's literally my sweat and maybe blood as well, and and some years as well well. Sometimes so I'm like why, why why not continue doing this? It's my business. I take a lot of pride in it. It's my business. It's it's it's it's my image, it's my brand, like I need to. I invest in it all the time, and people don't just because it's sex, people don't see it that way. I was watching this real the other day by this really big bodybuilder guy who was like straight bodybuilder guy was talking about, oh no, doing only fans is the easy way out, Like for you, does this, bitch know how much work goes into There's so much work that goes of course, because it's your work, it's your business. Everything requires effort. You can just sit and twiddle your something and the only fans is done.
Speaker 2: Ray.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As performers in the adult industry, we get asked all the time about tips on how to perform like a porn star.
Speaker 1: And what says porn star more than a big load?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Right? Introducing popstar The only doctor formulated Men's health supplement that is guaranteed to up your porn star game. This bad boy will make your com taste pineapple sweet.
Speaker 1: But we're not just talking about taste here.
Speaker 4: Popstar is also formulated to give you massive loads that make your orgasms feel volcanic.
Speaker 2: Designed by Ivy League trained doctors, pop Star contains only the highest quality ingredients and is backed by scientific research to maximize your bedroom experience even better.
Speaker 1: It's vegan, non GMO and safe to take every day.
Speaker 2: So why wait? Get your hands on Popstars Day is it.
Speaker 4: Popstar Labs dot Com and say on your first order with code sorry twenty pop Star, Big loads, better taste.
Speaker 2: So did you start doing the content sites before you used to do any studio stuff?
Speaker 3: I have never done studio You've never done it? Nope?
Speaker 1: Do you have an interest in studio stuff?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm a little weary about studio stuff because here's the thing. You know that the cheesy intro before for I feel I would be so bad at it because I'm not an actor, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, not every studio, not every studio does that.
Speaker 3: I'm actually interestingly that I was speaking with the one of the studios a couple of weeks ago, and they wanted to take me on. But one of the reasons I loved, I would have loved to work I would love to work with them is the fact that they don't have the like introduction where you know, you need to set the stage for something. It's just like it's it's just actual fucking. So I would find that.
Speaker 2: I guess I thought, I feel like you would do well with like Lucas Lucas Man.
Speaker 3: I contacted him.
Speaker 1: He don't push that studio.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like he's just I feel like it's like I feel.
Speaker 3: Like the I mean, apart from I would never work with him at but I did did approach him at the beginning, and he was interested. I just didn't pursue it further. And I'm glad I didn't. I mean, keeping this like a non political but like I don't want I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I'm only talking about the aesthetic of it. I'm like, I don't care. He could be a Zech whatever.
Speaker 3: No, we're all we're all dicks at some and you know, and and and we we are dicks and we have dix. I mean, like that's that's the thing. But I mean, that's tricky territory man, not even tricky, Like, that's not tricky.
Speaker 1: So then you're telling us that, like social media was kind of your first exposure to homosexual, gay queer culture. But what about your exposure to porn and your exposure to adult content?
Speaker 3: Like what was this is interesting because Okay, despite not realizing that I was gay, I mean again, I don't know where I which hole I was living under. Since the age of sixteen, I exclusively watched gay porn.
Speaker 1: Did you have easy access to it? Yeah, like there were no internet restrictions or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I think now the restrictions are way more than we had grown up, which is odd for me.
Speaker 2: We just couldn't download anything fast enough.
Speaker 3: So true, yeah, true, it was just like I exclusively watched gay porn and it was weird for me to Obviously I was with my ex wife at that point in time as well, but the gay.
Speaker 1: So when you were having sex with your wife, you were thinking about the gay porn.
Speaker 3: You were watching. No, no, but again I hope she doesn't watch, but I do remember there were a few times where I had sex with her and I came but then I had to go into the bathroom and watch gay porn and come again, wow, because I wasn't satisfying.
Speaker 1: Sure huh, but yeah, fascinating. I love stories like this.
Speaker 3: Some I know dick and butts, yea, the best dick in butts.
Speaker 1: What would I do without him? What were you without them? What do you?
Speaker 2: What do you say you identify as gay or by?
Speaker 3: I would say, like, I'm more on the pan sexual side. I was. I was mentioning to you that I'm actually seeing a woman these days. Yeah, so that's been interesting. Now, I guess I hadn't slept with a woman in a decade, and the sex was amazing, and we have a very good connection. Her and I are very similar, Like we were just talking on the way here, and I'm like, dude, we are so much alike, Like we just think the same way. And there's something to be said about that connection. If you want me to percent honest, I will always be attracted to men more like, way more than I would the women.
Speaker 1: Are you transparent with her about that? Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 3: Actually I actually I actually was explained to it. I'm like, okay, if you have buckets of satisfaction like different, So there's a sexual satisfaction there's emotional, mental, you know, other kind of satisfaction. I'm with you, it's like pretty much all of them are like equally high. But maybe with a man it might be like it's it's the sex part is Yeah, maybe that that text, but the other ones are not that fulfilled. And I kind of like it that way, Like I don't. I was telling you about this as well, I don't like relationships because it's it's good to have that kind of freedom the way you are. But like these last couple of months have been challenging the way I've been thinking.
Speaker 2: It's challenging because you're in a relationship. Now.
Speaker 3: I'm in a relationship with a woman with a woman. Right before this, I was actually I had fallen in love with someone and it was just mentally devastating for me. And after that, I was like, I'm going to take a like a back seat. The good thing with the woman is that she understands everything she knows about the porn and the stuff. Yesterday she was having a really tough time with understanding that I'll be sleeping with other men yeah for collabse So she was very upset. But but I mean I talked through this stuff and that's fine. Like I want to be as transparent with her as possible and then she can make a decision. Hey, this is who I am. Do you want to be with this or not?
Speaker 2: Do you see her exploring with you?
Speaker 3: I've suggested it so many times because she's she's she's she's bisexual too. Yeah, so she's she was with a woman for like three years. I find that very intriguing and I find that very interesting. But I was joking with her right now. Apparently there's some guy in her building whom someone one of her friends suggested she should sleep with. And I've seen the guy. He comes to the gym. I'm like, let's do a threesome, like I'm I or try him out and tell me and then we can see where we go.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you guys will be open, like she'll no, No, I don't think so, so only.
Speaker 3: Collapse only collabse. So so well, we kind of left it at at a weird point. Today, She's like, what do you want to do. I'm like, I'm I'm like, I just go with the flow. Like yeah, so, so I'm like, maybe I need to sleep with someone outside of my collabse for you to understand what it might feel for you. So I'm not going to do that. I'm probably just gonna go tell her, hey, I stept with someone and see what her reaction is from there and take it from there. She needs to know, like she needs to know what her feelings would be if I did sleep with someone, just because we're we're setting boundaries for our relationship right now. And it's very odd for how many people do you know? How many women do you know who, like, apart out of the industry, who would be dating a gay porn actor?
Speaker 1: Right? It exists?
Speaker 3: It exists. It exists, yeah, outside the industry, Like she's not in part of the industry.
Speaker 1: Does this person live in Canada where you live? Okay? Okay, so yeah, I would. I'm getting a little bit of like people please er vibes. Do you have a people pleaseer streak? Yeah? Okay, okay, So let's talk about this a little bit. So it sounds like you are in this relationship, but you are also like kind of still coming into your gay side or like the side of you that it likes to experience pleasure with men. Is it enough for you to get that from the collapse? How long has it been in this arrangement.
Speaker 3: After my last like breakup with the guy like that, I feel like that's one of the things that that's actually I feel now like I think I'm very okay with sleeping with guys and doing collabs or collabs and just sleeping with someone and that being it. I like that I'm not a dick, like I'll be very nice to someone. I'll be I'll be the perfect guy when we're together. But I like having my space, I like having my own life, and I have so many other things that I need to take care of. Honestly, the work that we do is not easy. There's a lot of self work that you need to do. There's a lot of focus that you need to do. I was getting upset with her as well. Today. I'm like, listen, I need so much to focus on and you're kind of taking my focus away from all the other stuff. I was getting a little bit annoyed. So during this works best for me not to get too involved with someone. Also, I suffer from a host of mental health issues, one of them being borderline personality disorder, which means that I feel emotions in a much higher intensity than most other people do, so The problem with that is, and that's what happened when I fell in love with this guy whom I just met for twenty four hours, was that it just like it overwhelmed me my brain so much I couldn't think of anything else. And I after the breakup, I was literally in bed for two weeks staring at the ceiling, didn't go into work, did barely anything now catching up on that. But yeah, so I prefer that arrangement where it's not too intimate. I can I can control myself, and I don't. My brain doesn't get overwhelmed with feelings.
Speaker 2: That's why dating a woman feels like a safe thing for you.
Speaker 1: Very stute yes, oh oh, unpacked that a little bit.
Speaker 2: How do you like, maybe you're somebody that gets emotionally involved in your sexual pleasure and like, so what you really prefer is sex with a man. But then like you fall for that guy easily, that is maybe just like just.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't follow the fall fall for anyone. Like literally, this was the fourth time in my entire life that I've actually fallen in love with someone. So that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: But you can maintain more control.
Speaker 1: Exactly because you're getting more emotional nourishment.
Speaker 3: More emotional nourishment. There's less like internal drive involved in that aspect, like with with with, like with guys that I would really fall for, I could really like, I would be a complete basket head in front of.
Speaker 2: The like it was like the passion you had, like passion head, Yeah, passion head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't get me wrong. Like they're they're guys I will meet, they'll guys. There will be guys that I see and I'm like, yeah, I would, I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind dating them. But like you, I wouldn't mind dating you.
Speaker 2: We had yet you've never asked.
Speaker 3: And you know, one of these reasons I would I wouldn't mind dating him is because he is so independent. Uh and and that's that it would be. It would be perfect, Like you'd have your own separate life. I would have my own separate life. Very okay with that. But the feeling of love is a very different kind of feeling, like I don't feel loved yet Towards the girl I'm dating right now, it's a much more controlled than she was saying this is she's like, you're like a fucking robot. You're you're You're you're like thinking through everything and planning through everything. I'm like, yeah, I'm just trying to manage feelings and expectations and more sensible in adult way.
Speaker 2: So how is that going up the flow?
Speaker 1: That's diffic especially if you value independence.
Speaker 3: It's not easy. I'm still figuring this, I know. Yeah, I'm trying to figure this out as well. And she's been busting my balls all morning about sharing, like you said this, but you said this right now. I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, like I'm two people. I told you that.
Speaker 3: I told you I mental health issues. No, but but I'm figuring it out as well. Like It's the weird part is that I spent the last ten years trying to prove how fucking.
Speaker 1: Gay I was trying to prove it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the sense like you know, like because when I came out my obviously I told you what my ex wife said, but then afterwards she was she didn't want it to end because we've been together for sixteen years. It takes a lot to uncouple from that, right, So I had to actively prove how gay I was. My mom was like, you need to go to therapy and you know, get this fixed. I'm like it's not something that's gonna go away with therapy and actively like work to prove how. Yeah, I can convince people.
Speaker 1: What did that look like? I mean, prayed around with a rainbow flag.
Speaker 3: I've done that, or or accidentally take a selfie with a dilda in the back.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, leave a vibrator all sticky. Yes, yes, I'm gay.
Speaker 3: But after all of that, this was like, it's just very odd for me. So I'm still learning as well. So yeah, I might make statements that might be contradictory to each other, but I'm working through this as.
Speaker 2: Well, a walking contradiction.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What was some of the porn you like to watch back in the day yours?
Speaker 3: Thank you for taking I mean it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you've been watching for long than I've been in porn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is true. One of your videos I loved it was a construction site or something. Yes, that was so fucking hot.
Speaker 1: Like I used to watch that all middle easing for you to like interesting, never talk never you never put that together.
Speaker 3: No, but I think it was more of it's not being middle. It's not the color of the skin or the features. It's specifically, I mean, you're fantastic. You're you're amazing looking. So the looks, the hairy chest, the arms, the beard, and same for Sharrock as well. Right, he's also pretty much the same. And then I think one of my favorite parts of that entire video, which I would loop over and over again, is that he kind of I think he pins you back and then licks your armpits or something, and that's that's I love doing that as well. So that was super hot for me. I was like, okay, and that was that was on repeat, So that that's one that really stuck out for me.
Speaker 1: There was another way you really didn't think about it, like in terms of like really to being from that part of the world. No.
Speaker 3: Interesting, It's it's odd that you say that because I don't really and people do, but I don't relate in that sense. I have a very weird real thinking.
Speaker 1: I mean, I only asked because, like you know, I've had some people who are like, you know, Swana or Middle Eastern or whatever you want to say, however you want to say it. Have you heard that term? That's when I learned recently Swana it means Southwest Asian and North Africa. Don't use they're trying to do away with Middle Eastern as a concept because it's but like even though I understand Middle East, like in the middle of the Eastern hemisphere, just like, did you know that Midwestern US, Like that's what that means. It's not the Midwestern United States, it's the Midwestern hemisphere because like if you think about it, because like Ohio is not west Yeah, right, yeah, anyway, non sequito. But I have had a lot of people say that it made them feel very safe to explore their sexuality because they awesomeone that looked like them engaging in something like the scene that you are describing.
Speaker 3: And that didn't hold true for me in that moment. Okay, it was just too fucking hot, and I was just like slurry love it, you know, but somewhere somewhere, But people do, like that's one of the reasons I was telling you about South like myself and rage when we filmed. That's that's the thing that's where they find that that comfort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're doing something for the community.
Speaker 3: It's really special. And and and I don't know if you've Magic Mike, the congregator in San Francisco. I met with her. He's the story. He does like you have to hear him say, is growing up, I couldn't find like anything online like brown guys, and he has a huge tool, like huge, huge tool and that is complex for for I mean all over the world, not just for brown guys, but that's huge, and you can he felt very complex that he felt he was odd and he was he was not. He didn't fit in anywhere. That takes a toll on you. So so when if you have more people like brown people are more different like other ethnic people on screen people, it creates gives you a sense of comfort that yet you know they're they're there, so we we there's hope for us as well.
Speaker 2: How funny to feel insecure about your giant dick because it's bigger than every other dick that you see, Like we can't relate. Oh what a concept.
Speaker 1: Every struggle is real.
Speaker 3: But it's interesting to hear that because that's I mean, for him, if he could see some South Asian guys performing on screen, he would have had some comfort knowing that, Okay, I'm not abnormal and and you know that. I think that's super important growing up, like we felt so abnormal. I mean, being a gig guy, wou didn't even realize and living in a country life backst I was confused, like I I my feelings, I didn't know what was going on. And then when stuff clicked, Oh now everything makes sense now Now that's why I was feeling that way when I saw that guy over there. That's you know, it can be explained now, right.
Speaker 1: So then tell me about what your participation in this documentary is going to be considering all of this.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm not sure how they're going to do, Like what do you want?
Speaker 2: What made you say yes to it? And what do you want to explore? Or like what do you want to show in the documentary? Like what what do you want them to ask you about?
Speaker 3: I don't know what I want them to ask me about. But the representation part, I feel is important. There's not a lot of us on on on screen and in the space, so I and the few of us that are there, I think people need to know more about them, just because if there's a there's a little Daniel sitting somewhere in Pakistan somewhere, they I mean, they know that, you know life, This isn't all life has to offer me. And that's how I look at it. I felt like this is all that life had to offer for me. I felt a little bit of normal and I'm like, the only way to be normalist to go down that path where you you, you find a partner, you get married, you have kids, you know, all of that stuff like it so for them to see that there are other options and other ways to go, I look back, right, I only have one life, man, I mean, I want to live it the way I want to live it, not the way someone else wanted me to live it. Because there are so many options, then you can live however you want to. So that's when I want the documentary to kind of capture the documentary guys, I think we're more interested in me because of the work that I do, which my apologies, I can't really talk much about. And I also want to hopefully get into politics as well. So that's something I think they really found interesting.
Speaker 1: So cool. Yeah, so how long have you been doing the Daniel Gainsbrook Journey?
Speaker 3: September first, twenty twenty, that's when I started twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, you're both.
Speaker 3: You're both sorry twenty twenty twenty two years. Sorry I was living in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oops, when I do that he was thinking of the time he discovered you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that would have done Oh yeah, I He was like, he was also one of the guys I used to do. I would never have imagined that I would have filmed with him and become friends with him. That was never in my wild this And when I first sized video, I was like, oh my droeling, like I.
Speaker 2: Gotta look up my spreadsheets and find out when we actually did our first one, because I was very.
Speaker 1: How many times do you guys feel together?
Speaker 3: Three times?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, it's been a few. The last one we did was like a group at the time.
Speaker 3: The one before that was a threesome, and the two before that was just I don't have that many collabs so I can keep track of them so far. We were having special.
Speaker 2: I was like on Friday, do wait, are we gonna? Am I gonna top? I'm like, have I ever topped to you? And You're like, yes, you have, And I'm like, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: You can't remember.
Speaker 3: I'm not that special.
Speaker 1: I mean he also.
Speaker 3: Right, we were talking about I'm like, how many collabs do you think you had? You'd have because I don't Mine would be like under one hundred maybe like the entire amount of so so I was like, okay, Like I was like, I got to add it up.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been doing this for over ten years on mine was probably under one hundred. I just I don't film that much at all. I filmed twice in the last week. You guys, that's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Where are they both with with Emil? No, No, they were not, because we've both we're both filmed with Joseph.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: We had overline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, did you like that?
Speaker 2: I told you? And I did you tell him?
Speaker 1: We had? We had We collabed with the same person the same day, just a few hours. I was first, You're first, You're we will always be first. Cole Connor.
Speaker 2: Now it was in my but it was really nice. I enjoyed him and had I stayed with you?
Speaker 1: They did, Yeah, for a couple of nights, and they're both lovely. There were a couple from New York who I didn't make the hoo yeah. Oh yeah, I mean talking about a big Jesus you would die.
Speaker 2: He's hiding his husband from me.
Speaker 1: Oh you'll he'll come back. He'll come back, big dick bottom though more more than yeah, Yeah, we love that. So has it been enjoyable for the most part since September twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been fun. It was starting was a little stressful, but because I was only doing solo stuff. So I did my first clad with Leo Bacchus. He's uh, he's based out of Montreal. I believe he usually he usually bottoms. But I was so fucking nervous. Obviously didn't have any of those aids that we have now. I was like, no, I won't be able.
Speaker 1: To performance enhancement, not not not the but we all thought of for a second, got it?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, Actually, thank you, thank you for that, Clari. This is the second time I made this mistake, So that was really nervous. There was like nerve wracking for me. And then so I bought him for him, and then I went for another collab and bought him for the other the next guy who's a local Toronic creator, So that that one day I'm like, I'm just I got two collabs and and then I didn't film for several months after that because I was I just didn't know how to do this. No, I didn't hit it at all. It was both were amazing, like it was just so much fun. I just don't know where to go from there. Yeah, I was like, I was obviously like the contentation involved so much work. You gotta edit, you gotta post, you gotta put like stuff on Twitter for to promote it. It's not easy and I didn't know where to start. So but now, thankfully I have a content manager. I've got Connor Fariss with load Cown Studios in Toronto, and he helps me out with all my content stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how like has that made it a lot easier.
Speaker 3: So much easier. And the thing with with Connor is that we have a very good working relationship. So I always like on my videos because I'm with him, even if he doesn't have any role to play, and I'll always put like it's this is a load count story production and all of that. Him and I we just got nominated for a Gravy for we did a fourteen guy orgy in Toronto and that got nominated for a graviy. Hopefully we win with your graduation.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It was odd and unexpected, but let's see. And but yeah, he's made my life way easier. And also he does events and so every year he'll do one event in PV where he gets a bunch of guys together filming on the beach and he'll get a private beach book. And then every August he does a Creator Gone in Toronto, which is I think this time it's like August twenty second or something. But he does that. So that helps with content creation and getting people together and and so so I can go film. It makes my life easier as well. But yeah, that's been that's been great so far. It's been great. Initially it was nerve wracking, but it's been it's been amazing, and you get to meet so many new people, and I really enjoy all everyone that I've met there. They're super nice, like you're you've been super nice, Like we hang out. We hung out election night, we were sitting watching the results and so so we Surprisingly, I didn't expect this of the industry, but everyone's very nice and supportive and helpful most most.
Speaker 1: For the most part, you see yourself doing it for a long time.
Speaker 3: I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Amazing, because it's there, I'm doing it. It's it's literally my way. Someone was saying, oh, listen, if you, if you, if you get into politics, and you you make it somewhere. Would you stop doing this? Would you ask the same of someone who had a convenience store on the side that you know you're in policies, you better shut that thing down. You wouldn't ask to say, this is my business, this is my work, this is the effort to put in for so many years trying to build something up. You can't just ask me to lead.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that's like, I mean, I'm sure there will come a day where someone that has been in the adult industry wants to be in politics and people won't care anymore.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be me, It's gonna be May.
Speaker 3: Changing. The world is changing that people have less less, uh, you know, qualms about sex and and it's very imparent because if you look, even especially in the gay world, if you look like pretty much everyone has as an only fans. Now, whether they're pursued like an it with with any diligence or not, that's something.
Speaker 1: But everyone's like everybody and like fitness and yeah, you know, well, I mean this is why we do this podcast. We'd like to talk about it so that it becomes a little bit more you know, destigmatized, and you know it's okay to talk about it. It's exciting. It's exciting to have people with your very unique background showing that that they can do it and that they can enjoy themselves. And it makes some money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's it's fun, like honestly like it's it's it's one of those things that you know, you you make money, but you also have have fun as well. You get to meet new people. It's it's a different way. Yeah, it's it's. It's it's it's a very different experience than anything else I would have ever imagined doing.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being on our show. Thank you so mucharing with us your story. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I am really honored to be here.
Speaker 1: Good luck with the Daniel gainesbrook Path.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Cole, you got anything else?
Speaker 2: No, I think we're I think we covered it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds great. Well, Thank you so much. Thank everybody for watching at home and for listening. I'm Adam Ramsey, I'm Cole Connor. This has been sorry for asking. Bye now bye, this.
Speaker 2: Has been sorry for asking.
Speaker 1: Be sure to like, comment and subscribe, and until next time, stay sexy.