Speaker 1: Promises cat politicians won't join us in the chat.
Speaker 2: Host out a politician and I.
Speaker 3: Love it fifty five KRZ the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: It's a seven oh five at fifty five kr See the Talk Station Extra special Tuesday. Here coming up in an hour Insights Scoop with Bright Bart, reporter Randy Clark on the Border and Daniel Davis Deep Dive with the latest on Ukrain Russia. That will take place at eight thirty. In the meantime in studio, Todd Zinzer, former Inspector General and hosts of the Citizen Watchdog podcast. Good to have you back in Todd. It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Brian, good morning man. He's got his fingers on the pulse. What's going on all around the area, including the city of Cincinnati. We've got some interesting things to talk about in the city of Cincinnati. First off, how's the Citizen Watchdog podcast going?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's going, it's going great. I really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Great. I bet you do. You get talked for a full hour or whatever on you know when.
Speaker 4: I try to keep it to about ten minutes or so. Oh no, kidding, yeah, So people don't have to listen to me for that.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, man, you're interesting, and again you have all the facts. Let's start with this, since at council meeting yesterday apparently they had a million three laying around that wasn't used from last year the capital Project fund. You watched this whole council meeting on this, this debate over where to use that money.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did yesterday and the ultimate.
Speaker 1: Vote was to buy a couple of dump trucks to try to better manage the snow removal, but also spend three hundred thousand dollars on the Camp Washington skate park project. Something I had no idea about. Is there a skate park lobby out there or something.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of enthusiasts for skates and BMX bikes and things like that, and they have organized and for the last I'm not sure exactly how long, but it's a million dollars skate park.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: That f TA have Purvol mayor of Purvol kind of took on as a project and they needed this three hundred thousand to finish the project. And it's probably going to be done right around the time where they need some ribbon cutting for the campaign.
Speaker 1: Of of course it will be now the question is do they have money for maintenance and upkeep of the aforementioned skatepark once it's built.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think that's currently in the budgets.
Speaker 1: They'll talk about that, no, okay, because they're supposed to have money to fix the roads, and I know a lot of people are having some problems with the fact that the roads haven't been fixed and have been quite neglected for years and years. That's right, yep, huh, okay, ignore what you've built and build something else so you can have a ribbon cutting ceremony. Now, I'll acknowledge I would much rather have a kid ride around a BMX bikes or skateboarding outdoors in the sunshine than sitting in his basement watching our video games and drinking mountain dew code red. I mean, the health benefits cannot be ignored. But see going back, Yes, we want this, that and the other thing. We have a list of things we want from the city, including a skate park. But if the city can't afford or neglects everything it already is responsible for, then I'm the kind of person that would say no, no, no, we need to deal with what we've got already, and once we find ourselves in a budgetary position where we can say we fixed that already. We've taken care of the infrastructure, We've dealt with the whole broken windows concept. Now let's entertain ideas about where this is, where the next capital expenditure is going to be. Who's got ideas? One hand's going to be raised saying we need a skateboard park, and there'll be a multitude of other hands that get raised saying no, no, no, we want this, and no, no, no, we want that. For example, I know there were hands raised in terms of where to spend this money because Vice Mayor Jan Michelle lemon Kearney wanted this money to go to the Clifton Cultural Arts Center headquarters and Artworks Creative Campus Art Park. I've never heard of those, and why would she want money to go there as opposed to say, this skate park or buying the dump trucks to deal with the snow removal. Do you know anything about these organizations? Tod Z insert well Artworks. Artworks is one, pig Works is a second one. Oh, and then I think the Cultural Center is a third one. And they were basically all trying to tap into this one point three million. Pig Works is the group that promotes or operates the Fine Pig Marathon and all the associated events, and the head of Pigworks actually is the I think he is the editor of the Business Courier. But they came in looking for money to finish what some brick and mortar brick and mortar headquarters up in Walna Hills, I believe, really, And in his testimony he said that they generate like twenty million dollars worth of economic activity as a result of the marathon, and I don't think Artworks had quite the same economic story. But these are groups that fall into this leverage support category that we talked about last time, and you actually had a caller yesterday who talked about it. It's the same thing he I think I met him at the budget hearing that was held up in Price Hill a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: And these are this is a prime example of how the Democrats have gotten support in the community. They have numerous nonprofits NGOs, et cetera that they distribute about twenty million dollars to and they have this relationship where they feed off each other.
Speaker 1: So the city taxpayer dollars go to these outside organizations for the serving whatever purpose, and then presumably the outside organizations then beyond what they are structured or built to do and accomplish, like run the Flying Pig Marathon, also serve as a political wining to help the council people and the mayor and the vice mayor get re elected.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's actually there's actually a word for it, Brian. It's called client teleism. Oh really, yes, you can look it up. It's called client teleism. And I do have a podcast on it and where I read a couple of definitions, and it's exactly what's going on. The groups and the politicians form this relationship where it's, you know, they help each other out.
Speaker 1: Well, I yeah, it sort of sounds like what PG Sittenfolde got in trouble for. I mean, can I say that out loud? I mean it sounds very analogous.
Speaker 4: Well, exactly. And the the protections that are necessary to make sure that all these are arm's length, it's very very important. I don't really think they exist. Here's here's on this leverage support. The city manager has a like a process for people to apply and they go through and they fill out an application, etc. They justify their request. But then somehow, after the city manager makes her recommendation, the mayor gets to provide extra money to whoever he wants there, and then the city council gets to add money to whatever they want. And last year, the city manager came in with a recommendation for like four million for a certain list, and by the time they were done, it was raised one point five million dollars. Because of what this mayor wanted and what the council wanted. The mayor gave an extra two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to one group just with the stroke of a penanty. I don't know how he does it, that's how it looks anyway, And I did talk about that at the budget hearing. I had two things I thought they should do at the budget hearing. One was be more transparent about how that works. But the other one was I think they should have something in the budget about what the mandatory costs are, what are the requirements by the federal government, the state government, the city charter, what must we spend money on, and break it out into mandatory versus discretionary and all of these.
Speaker 1: Like the federal government has mandatory and discretionary.
Speaker 4: Exactly so that when we start giving money around, we have to make sure that we provide sufficient funds for those things that we must do.
Speaker 1: Well in a certain respect. And I mean this with the highest praise. You're kind of the powerless Elon Musk in the situation because you're raising this whole like, well, you know, we got a litany of multi billion dollar programs that we're now finding out about that no one knew about, that our taxpayer dollars are funding, and that Elon Musk is bringing it to our attention. This is the kind of thing that needs to be brought to the City of Cincinnati taxpayer's attention because they may be looking at their front door to road that hasn't been touched in twenty years, it's got potholes in it, and they're frustrated as hell. And then we find out that somebody's got their hand in the cookie jar and have to have purvalls decide how much money they're going to get, yeah, for political purposes.
Speaker 4: I actually looked into the internal audit function for the city and on their website, for example, they say that what they do, they say a bi annual risk assessment, which seems a little too frequent, But so I put in a records request to see the risk assessments. Well, they actually don't do risk assessments. So when you have situations like a fleet of snow removal vehicles that can't remove snow that should be picked up in a risk assessment, how they are operable exactly, but they don't do risk assessments. Apparently makes they say they didn't have the resources to do it.
Speaker 1: Let's pause. Well, of course, spending an hour with Todds ends or revelations abound seven fifteen to fifty five ker CD talk station, I no word or two or many for pressed Esionteriers. The ultimate kitchen remodeling operation is run by, and owned by, and operated by the man you'll be working with. His name is John Ryan pressed Esion Terriers. John Ryan has been to a kitchen for like thirty five years, almost exclusively, and he does a great job. He'll sit down with you at the outset, initial design, all the way through final installation. He is the man you deal with. He will make it happen. He will bring about your kitchen desires and man, let's face it, the kitchen is the heart of the home. Spends so much time in our kitchen. We love what he did with our kitchen, and you'll love what he'll do with yours too, from the biggest to the smallest projects. Maybe just one counters and cabinets replace. He can do that. But if you want to gut the whole thing, start from scratch. Trust me, he has got wonderful ideas for your kitchen. So count on him a plus with a better businesswer. He's been at this for a long time and you'll like working with him. I assure you of that. It's pressed Desionteririers online, Prestige one two three dot com, Prestige one two three dot com. Tell them I said hi, and you call for an appointment. Five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Here's your Channel nine weather beautiful day to day sonny and seventy five down to forty two overnight with clear skys sonny again a bar and the highest seventy five overnight, well forty five with some clouds and a partly cloudy Thursday, highest seventy five, forty six degrees. Now it's time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Tramping Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is a clear choice for RAPPID life saving treatment.
Speaker 3: Learn more at uc health dot com.
Speaker 2: Highways not all that bad, sapbound two seventy five the heaviest for a couple of extra minutes between the Lawrence Perg ramp and the bridge northbound seventy five and northbound fourth seventy one. Just beginning to build into downtown Chucking Ramon fifty five kr Z the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven nineteen I fift about KIRCD talk station eye opening conversations so far right into the gate with Todd Zendler. You can find his podcast Citizen Watchdog and learn about this kind of thing all the time. And we all learned a new word this morning. At least I did CLIENTELESM and I mentioned PG Sittinfeld because we had this project and PG essentially was convicted of the quid pro quoll concept right where he said, ah, you line my political action committee with some money and we'll get this project approved. That's pretty much it. That's right now with these these outside organization, these non governmental nonprofits that have their hand in the city taxpayer dollars cookie jar and are rewarded with apparently random arbitrary decision making by on the part of the mayor and others to get money. As you pointed out, that their proposals are submitted to the city manager. The city manager hands over the her recommendations and then he arbitrarily can raise them. As you mentioned last time, he raised it, what a half million dollars in an original four million dollar ask, right, but no discussion or anything, right.
Speaker 4: Nothing in the budget about that, nothing.
Speaker 1: In the budget. Clientileism here's the definition, is a political system where goods or services are exchanged for political support. Essentially, it's a quid pro coo relationship where politicians and voters, voter or groups groups politicians or political elites provide benefits individuals like jobs, grants, or public services in exchange for electoral support or loyalty. That's the quid pro quo. It's not them handing money in order to get a project done. It's the city randomly and without oversight, handing money out to these groups knowing that they will get those groups members. And you know, people work in the streets form spreading the information regular election exactly? Is that not equally corrupt? Is it that not an exchange of value for value? Even though it doesn't involve them handing money to the politician, it just works the other way around.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's in a gray area, to be sure, Brian.
Speaker 1: You're so yeah, you're so delicate. Todd Zenzer, Well, I'm calling it out. It should be a federal probe in that. I mean, they looked into PG Sentinfeld, didn't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, Cincinnati is kind of the perfect size for this type of environment because it's not that big, and the politicians are still close enough to these nonprofits and local groups that this can flourish.
Speaker 1: Okay, did they did they speak at this meeting yesterday? These groups?
Speaker 4: Yes, they did they. In fact, Artworks had several witnesses and the Pig Works had several witnesses. I'm not sure about the Cultural Center. There was definitely somebody there speaking on his behalf. But so did the So did the local ask me a rep come in and thank them for the support for the equipment for the fleet?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I said that. That one quote kind of cracked me up from the union head, which was which was pretty funny. Because clearly one of the discussion points was this is not going to solve our problems and so far as dealing with snow removal in the future. It was a Jeremy mccleesh the Union Local Union two forty representative quote. While it seems like it's a minute drop in the bucket, meaning these two dump trucks, at least it's something in that bucket. So it didn't solve the problem. It's one baby step toward getting a fleet that actually works and conserve the needs of the city. So you can make an argument that at least that expenditure of capital was is going to provide something for the residents, as opposed to these other organizations which are merely going to provide political support for the elected officials there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, these groups do provide services, but it's all tied into the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what of all the other groups that provide services that all also asked for money, but this didn't necessarily get it.
Speaker 4: Well that's a good point because last year there were over ninety groups that made application for these funds, and there were thirty five in that group that got funded, So about a third of the groups that apply got money. The other thing that to remember about yesterday's meeting is Seth Walsh basically said, well maybe we can borrow money, yeah for the fleet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so bond.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's it never ends, it never ends. This is just actually consider this quite disturbing. And you mentioned about the oversight pursu into what federal guidelines dominate this or.
Speaker 4: Well, the auditors go in and they look at certain operations in the city and they have to follow or they say they follow the government audit standards that generally accepted government audit standards, and that basically talks to the level of evidence you need to make a finding and kind of how you have to go about planning your work and the right steps for conducting an audit right, those types of things. So they say that they do their work according to those standards, but part of those standards is to get your operation reviewed by another audit group.
Speaker 3: They don't do that.
Speaker 4: So they say they do their work according to audit standards, but they never have anybody come in and check and verify to tell people, yes, they do their work by the standards.
Speaker 1: And let me guess they don't do that step as critical as it is, because they claim they don't have the money to do it.
Speaker 4: That's what they told me.
Speaker 1: Yes, well they just found one point three million dollars yesterday that would kind of fund that effort several years.
Speaker 4: Anyhow, I'm not going to argue with you, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Seven five. If you have care see the talk station. Jesus is crazy. What's not crazy is getting in touch with cover SINCEY. Anybody in my listening audience, if you're in the United States, they can help you. Just the name Covers SINCEY. Don't that fool you. If you are looking for better medical insurance. Maybe you're a small group. You want to provide your employees with medical insurance, but they won't buy it because they can't afford like nine thousand dollars out of pocket liability. You want to retain those employees, you need to get in touch with John Roman and the team at Cover Sincy because they look at each and every person individually with them working for you and your individual employees. They work with two hundred plus insurance companies thousands of policies so they can put together a package of insurance policies that will cover all the needs at low cost. At much lower cost, then you're going to find working with just one one size fits all insurance company. It's like a bucket that's got a bunch of holes in it. That one policy is not going to cover all the basic needs of the insured. When it comes to medical care, John and the team can do it. They do it all the time. So you want to reach out to them and talk to them. There's no cost to you, there's never any cost to you. Let them do the work and present you with what they will provide is a better option for you. You will be surprised at how much money you can say while at the same time getting better, better medical coverage. So without any risk to you, call them and find out five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five Online. You can start the process by filling a form out online at coversincy dot com. That's coversincy dot com. Fifty five KRC thetalkstation. It's gotta be a sunny day to day with the highest seventy five says Channel nine down a forty two overnight with clear sky's sunny tomorrow, seventy five overnight clouds and forty five on a party Friday Thursday with the highest seventy five forty six degrees right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 2: From the uc OFF Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UCE Health Comprehensive Stroke Center, it's a clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 3: Learn more at ucehelp dot com.
Speaker 2: Really beginning to load up on the high wings now southbound seventy one included break bights above two seventy five towards Peiffer. Inbound seventy four backing the Montana southbound seventy five continues slow through walk and add an next for ten minutes northbound seventy five from Donaldson into downtown Chuck Ingram Month fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty here fifty five R See the talk station A very Happy Tuesday to Todd's Inzer, a former spector General Citizens watch Dogs podcast. Let's I'm just appalled at what we just got done talking about Todd, and I don't know if anything can be done about it, but it just seems like it's a system built on corruption. Honestly, it's a boiled down a thing that I can conclude. Let's move over to connect the communities and what's going on in Hyde Park and Hyde Park's going to have none of it. Their citizens are standing up to this redesigned redevelopment proposal. The buildings are too big that their planning is going to change the character of the neighborhood. They don't have a sufficient parking factored in. Other small businesses are worried because they need the parking spaces that are up there, and if they're flooded with a whole bunch of humanity without parking spaces, it's going to disrupt business. So it's a I want to say it's nimby, but there their complaints sound justified. But the whole project in the remaking of Hyde Parks where was built on this connected communities idea right where they got rid of and changed the zoning laws.
Speaker 4: Well there's the the issue with connected communities is that the city just rezoned connected communities would just pass last July. Yeah, Now this developers coming in is very influential developers coming in and once a variance from that basically, oh.
Speaker 1: Is that is that it? I thought the zoning, the change in zoning was what brought about this concept.
Speaker 4: No, this what the what the people in Hyde park are saying is hey, you just fooled with the zoning rules. Why don't we just keep to what the current zoning rule says. And the developer wants to construct a boutique hotel and wants it to be three stories higher, yeah, than any other building around, and they say they need to do that to make the hotel profitable. But there was testimony from one of the witnesses that spoke that their analysis was that this hotel's not going to be profitable. So there's some discrepancy there between the developer and one of the citizens who came and spoke, but there's no effort to reconcile those kind of things. The hearing was Friday, five and a half hours and at the end of five and a half hours, the members of the commission those that chose to show up. There were three members of that planning commission that were absent, which is highly irregular. But at the end of five and a half hours of forty and fifty people talking or speaking, they had a fifteen hundred page a meeting packet. They had seven hundred letters that came in opposing this. But at the end of five and a half hours, I think they took maybe ten or ten minutes each. The remaining commissioners took about ten minutes to make a decision. So it's it's really a joke of a process and the absentee members. If you understand who the developer is, they're very influential in the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, high watched onto those words very influential the first time you said it. Yeah, very influential.
Speaker 4: So why did these three planning commissioners fail to show up? When was the last time three commissioners didn't show up for the same meeting? Is because they knew they were going to upset the citizens by voting for the project, or they were going to upset the developer for voting against it, and they just couldn't show up. I don't really know, but I think I think that's highly irregular. I wrote to the mayor and the city council and I thought that those commissioners should be replaced. They ought to get rid of them, put some new people in that are going to represent the citizens.
Speaker 1: Hull, or put people in there that represented the very influential developer.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's the problem. I think that influential developer already has some people on the commission that are very very helpful to them.
Speaker 1: So what is the status of the project.
Speaker 4: Well, the developer has purchased the property that they need to purchase, but this issue is it passed three to one in the Planning Commission to go forward on the project. So now it goes to a committee of the City Council and it needs to pass through that committee to go to City Council. But the way the City Council operates is every member of the City Council are also members of every committee. So once this issue goes to the committee, and I'm not sure when it's scheduled, that'll be it they'll get. It'll be either approved or not approved at that meeting.
Speaker 1: Going back to your point that this is is a very influential developer. I think we can see the writing on the wall, can't we.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And and what's what's really bothersome is we went through this in connected communities. There there's a community in bond Hill that went through this. They put the public through these sarades of community engagement and input. Uh. And it's like Charlie Brown in the football. Every time the community comes forward thinking they're going to be able to kick the football, the city takes it away at the end, and it's it's a pattern that just recurs through all these all these planning commission issues.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to observe as we move into a break here that if the if the citizen who made the comment that the project will not be profitable, the hotel then won't be just a dose of healthy shot in Florida for all of us to enjoy and watch the thing just tank under its own weight.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, if it goes forward, I guess, but you just don't want to get there. And the only thing the developer said in response to that was, oh, well, we have two insurance companies that said that it will be profitable or that it's a good application or something like that. But how after five and a half hours, and that's not the only discrepancy in the testimony, can't how can the Planning Commission just not decide to look further into those discrepancies? Take a recess, go back, look through the record. You've got the thing on tape, watch the hearing again, and then come back and articulate your decision.
Speaker 1: Bar with Todd Zenzer after these freef started with but Herbert Motors, I love those folks. Thank you. I loved Westside Jim Keefer for referring me to butt Overmotors after my terrible box store experience trying to get a push mower here. I thought it was doing the right thing, you know, load it up yourself, take it home on box it, put it together, and it doesn't work. So back you go to the box store because they don't sell the best equipment like Butterbermotors does. Keefer's like this, Do you call Bud Herbert Motors Like No, I didn't do that, So to the phone I went, and the next day delivered to my door by Honda professional level push More, which I was told will be the last Pushmorrow I'll ever have to buy. And I believe them all day long. It's Bud Herbert Motors. You're dealing with Herbert family member, and they've been at this for fifth generation seventy five, more than seventy five years, so ring them up. You're dealing with a Herbert family member. They are proud of what they do, and they have a reputation to a poll, which means they really care about you, the customer. That's why they're only going to put you and hook you up with the best equipment out there. You got your John Deere, your ex Mark Steel, and Honda power equipment. They service everything they sell as well. I've had them out to my house to service my lawnmower and it's always in top running order. Thanks to the good people at but Herbert Motors. They will definitely treat you right online. Butdheerbertmotors dot com. That's easy, Bud Herbert Motors dot com. When you do call them, tell whatever Herbert family member you're dealing with it. Brian said, Hi, five one three five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five one three five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station. Man, this is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health, the one.
Speaker 1: Here's your channel nine. First morning. What a forecast. Sunny skyes today with the highest seventy five, it's gonna be clear overnight dropping to forty two. It's gonna be sunny again to mar going up to seventy five again overnight down to forty five with some clouds and some clouds on Thursday.
Speaker 2: With of seventy five, it's forty six. Now let's get a traffic update from the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is a clear choice for wrapping by saving treatment. Learn more at you see Health dot com problems in Bend seventy four. There's an ang centent at the end of the ram from Montana right side of the highways blocked up single file to get by on the left already over a twenty minute delayed from North End and growing. So second accident west found on thirty two, just before you get the tune seventy five shot Ingram Moon fifty five krz.
Speaker 3: The talk station.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, Brother todds Ends are calling at Shenanigan's and revealing the seemingly corrupt nature of city government Former Inspector General todds Enzer spending enlightening conversation and disheartening as well. Yeah, I mean talking about the you know, these handout to friends are going to work on campaigns ultimately, and it's all city taxpayer money and it's just really heartbreaking. And the development of Hyde Park also seems, you know, just built in corruption as well. Let's move over to the alternative response crisis and we can continue the Shenanigans declarations on all this give us a reminder about the ARC program, would it. Well?
Speaker 4: ARC stands for Alternative Response to Crises and the mayor and the city manager started this as a pilot program back in twenty two, twenty two, and it is essentially an effort to send non police to certain police service calls nine to one one calls where somebody, I guess it's the computer system, a combination of the computer system at dispatch and dispatcher's deciding whether they should have a police officer respond or a non police officer respond.
Speaker 1: And these are calls into nine one one. Yes, all right, Well that immediately to me suggests a need for a police officer. But I know that there are certain times people call nine one one in a non emergency situation. But this is for psychological breakdown kind of things.
Speaker 4: Or well that's how it was sold. Back many many years ago, certain cities started what they call co responder programs.
Speaker 1: CO as in a police officer plus.
Speaker 4: Correct that we're there to support the police when there were mental health issues in a situation or in a call. And after George Floyd, that co responder program kind of shifted to a alternative to police objectively, a defund the police. Yeah, that was kind of a big part of the defund the police is to have more calls answered by non police officers.
Speaker 1: These are not trained officers, and these are people who are not armed, correct.
Speaker 4: That's correct. And I'm not really sure what type of training they go through or what their background is. Personally, I don't have a problem with trying to support the police when they have situations where there's a mental health crisis.
Speaker 1: Right, but that would require a trained mental health professional, right.
Speaker 4: But they should be associated or aligned with the police, not with the city manager's office.
Speaker 1: And this group is aligned with the city manager's office.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They actually work for the Emergency Communications Center, which the city manager last year, I believe, moved that emergency communications center into her immediate office. So yeah, the ARC program resports to the city manager or the head of the emergency contact center.
Speaker 1: And they are funded.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, they're a big part of the city manager's budget. And see here, here's here's the thing. There's no way in the world if I if I were running that police department, I've got background in law enforcement, not police necessarily, there's no way I would let another operation working in my same environment. You're setting up conflict, turf wars, all the rest of that. There's no way I would allow that to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, and if the situation deteriorates, you got one of these ARC folks showing up and the situation goes from non violent into a violent situation, which I'm sure any police officer will tell you can happen from time to time. They're not in a position to help to deal with that crisis.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, for example, when you look at the when you look at the data, the uh, the ARC program only responded to like a miniscule.
Speaker 1: I saw your editorial on that was point zero zero six percent of the total calls that came in.
Speaker 4: Right, But contrast that thirty eight percent of the calls were for trespassing, which last time I checked, was a crime. Yeah, but apparently it is more towards homeless people trespassing on.
Speaker 1: So it's it's it's basically don't arrest people for breaking the law kind of program. We don't want to give these people a record, don't we need less policing. We just need to like show what emotion or something along those lines.
Speaker 4: I think that's I think you're putting your finger on it, Brian.
Speaker 1: All right, and with two hundred police officers needed to make the full compliment of the city police department, let me guess they have aspirations to take that money that would otherwise go to fund the police department to get more of these arc folks out into the world rather than police officers.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I think. That the the ARC program, the people that work for the our program are much less expensive than a police officer, that's for sure. But just just knowing how I operated with my budget, if I had vacancies, I was concerned that I would lose some money down the road if they say, you're not using your money for what you're supposed to be using it for, so we're going to use it for something else. And I don't want the police department to get into that situation now.
Speaker 1: But the problem with the police department isn't for you know that they've got these spaces that they intentionally are not filling. It's they need a compliment of trained police officers, people from the world who want to choose this as a career after having been demonized for so long. A lot of people who otherwise would have become law enforcement officers aren't going to the academy or signing up for the job.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I'm very concerned that Cincinnati may have a reputation is not a good place to be a law enforcement officer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know that to be a fact because I have lots of friends in the Since a police department now is low, that's got to be fixed.
Speaker 4: I mean, if Corey Bowman gets in there, that's one of the first things he needs to fix is what's going on with law enforcement in the city.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought up Corey Bowman. Maybe we can have a word or two with that. Final words from Toddzen's are coming up after I mentioned affordable imaging. Imaging is not affordable to the hospital. Bottom line is it's really expensive. I personally think four thousand, five thousand, thirty five hundred dollars for an echo cardiogram mri CT scan ultrasound is expensive because I know it is when you compare to affordable imaging services, where those are all less than a thousand. I think the most expensive image you can get affordable imaging services is it's an echo cartogram with enhancement which is still eight hundred dollars compared to like four grand at a hospital, and they can get you right into. Hospitals are known for lag time, like, oh we'll get you in three weeks. Well, you don't have to wait talking about your heart here with an echo cardiogram, get right in and pay a lot less. Every image of Affordable Imaging Services comes with a board certified radiologist report that you and your physician will get within forty eight hours. It's very low overhead, no bells and whistles and fountains and all that kind of stuff, but you get the same medical equipment and highly trained professionals operating it. You got nothing to lose but money by going to the hospital. Don't do that. Go to Affordable Imaging Services more than forty years experience. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Exercise at five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand online It's Affordable Medimaging dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five KRC is your retirement Jederal.
Speaker 1: It says's got a great day on a Hand's got a highest seventy five with sunny skies, tonight clear and forty two Tomorrow's sunny again to the highest seventy five overnight forty five with clouds and a cloudy Thursday, seventy five, forty seven right now for the five k c talk station type for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Trianffhics Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center, it's a clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at u seehealth dot com. Inbound seventy four is crawling from before north Bend to an accident in Montana. Right lane is blocked up at the end of the ramp. Southbound seventy five slows through lock on northbound seventy five close to a fifteen minute delay out of Florence into town. There's a requestbound thirty two and two seventy five Chuck Ingram Month fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty two five karos talk station at top of the our news, the inside scoop of bright bart News, plus the Damn Davis Deep Dive at eight thirty. In the meantime, you got a couple more minutes with Todd Zenzer. Let's talk about the election coming up in November we obviously have a one Republican candidate option, at least one that seems actually to be a Republican And you mentioned him in the last segment, Corey Bowman, I mean, just given the topics you talked about this morning in this hour, I mean, I wish Corey all the luck in the world. I just think I don't think he knows what he's getting into. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, on the surface, the incumbent administration tries to make it look like everything's going great. But if you start looking below the surface, yeah, there are a lot a lot of ishs.
Speaker 1: But a lot of issues that deserve a different set of eyes. Yeah, exactly, So a worthy endeavor to go with, Corey Bowman. And I asked you about the Charter Rights off air. They seem to have lost a profile at all in the city. They used to have a really good showing and they always had Charter Right members or council. They're a good governance kind of run party.
Speaker 4: That's right. Their values are good government. There are members of the Charter Committee from both sides of the aisle, yeah, across.
Speaker 1: You describe them off air as an eclectic group. Yes, I like that. So Europe on the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was recently asked to be on the board.
Speaker 1: So are we going to see some Charter Ight candidates coming out this fall?
Speaker 4: Well, I think they're talking about that, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Well, but maybe they'll have to form a coalition government because of Corey Bowman. Actually, at least maybe kind of having to a possibility at this given the kind of things you're talking about the failure of this administration and the last several administrations to deal with the problems that all Cincinnatians face, like crumbling infrastructure and there woke ideology and throwing money at every kind of pet project that's that that comes their way. Heck, you might get some Republicans elected. Liz Keating was the most recent Republican elected, so it can be done. Maybe you get some Charter rights, some Republicans, and of course there'll be Democrats as well. You'll have to form a coalition government.
Speaker 4: Yes, that would I think that would be helpful.
Speaker 1: It certainly would, because it would at least involve the exchange of different ideas. And usually when you have an open discussion and an exchange of ideas from different sides of the ledger, quite often the best plan forward emerges and is followed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can see that. Up until recently, the city council was very homogeneous and there was no dissenting votes or anything. But lately I've seen several cases where there is some cracks in the in the coalition up there on a city council.
Speaker 1: Well, like yesterday, for example, in the vote on what to do with this one point three million dollars exactly. Huh. Well, it did provide a wonderful springboard for you to bring to our attention what seems to be a quid pro quot thing going out there in the world with money coming from the city and going out to these non government organization.
Speaker 4: I think that's a big area of concern.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's worthy to look into further. I would just suggest I cannot thank you Todd zenzer On behalf of everybody that lives in the city of Cincinnati, for being a watchdog and for looking into this and for providing just a wonderful explanation for the problems that they're facing and the potential for corruption which clearly exists based upon the way you've described it. It's just a wonderful service you're providing and I know you don't get paid for it.
Speaker 4: Well, it's funny, Brian. You know I'm on a federal pension, so in my mind it's your tax dollars at work.
Speaker 1: Well, God bless you for doing it, Todd Zinzer. I love having you on the program and I look forward to doing it again. In the meantime. Tune into Citizen Watchdog at Todd's podcast. How often you do it? Did we? Oh?
Speaker 4: I tried to. Well, I've only started last month and I've got eight episodes.
Speaker 1: Great, well, we'll look forward to another one. Check it out where you get your podcast. Citizen Watchdog. Todd's been wonderful. Thanks again, and don't go away, folks. We get the inside scoop coming up with Brightbart reporter Randy Clark, who's going to be talking about the border.
Speaker 3: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour, not going to be complicated. It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talkstation. This report is sponsored by all States