Speaker 1: Yeah, this is w b Z, Boston's news radio, redefining local news.
Speaker 2: Sunny in fifty five degrees in Boston. It's Friday morning. We have a fantastic forecast through Monday. We're going to be seeing eighty degrees in spots. Apparently that's coming up. But first, I'm Laurie Kirby. We start with a homicide investigation because last night there was a deadly shooting a Mission Hill. Boston Police called to Craftson's Way and Huntington Avenue just after nine thirty pm. They found a man with multiple gunshot wounds. He was taken to the hospital but pronounced dead there. This is a very active investigation so far, no arrest. The victim's name has not been released. Also today, and this broke a little while ago, Commas confirming the death of its leader, yah Yah Sinnoi the hands of Israeli forces. This this week, US Intelligence providing some critical information as well. Apparently, according to Jake Sullivan, the group says it will still not release any more hostages until Israel withdraws from Gaza and agrees on a ceasefire deal. ABC's Karen Travers with the.
Speaker 3: Very latest President Biden in Germany said the death of the Hamas leader represents justice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the blood of Americans and Israelis, Palestinians and Germany and so many others.
Speaker 3: On his hand, the White House is optimistic that Sinwar's death will mark a turning point in the process toward reaching a ceasefire deal to get the remaining hostages released, saying Sinwar was the major obstacle to getting it done. The President, on his phone call with Benjamin Nett.
Speaker 4: Yahoo, I told the Prime Minister Divisional yesterday, let's also make this moment an opportunity to seek a path to peace.
Speaker 3: Karen Travers ABC News Washington.
Speaker 2: And from the gravitas of that situation to something a little bit comedic. In fact, the seventy ninth Anuel Al's Mith's Dinner pits both sides of the presidential race against one another in a battle of comedic wit. ABC's Andrew Dimberg reports both candidates came out swinging, even though one declined to attend in person.
Speaker 5: Trump also criticizing Vice President Harris for not attending the fundraiser in person.
Speaker 4: Which is deeply disrespectful to the event and in particular to our great Catholic community.
Speaker 5: Harris addressed the event in a video featuring Molly Shannon portraying her Saturday Night Live character Mary Catherine Gallagher.
Speaker 4: Is there anything that you think that maybe I shouldn't bring up tonight?
Speaker 6: Well, don't lie.
Speaker 1: Vou shalt not bear false witness to thy neighbor.
Speaker 7: Indeed, especially thy neighbor's election results.
Speaker 2: And later today, both Vice President Harrison former President Trump will be campaigning in the state of Michigan.
Speaker 8: ABC's Mary Alice parks with more on the campaign or.
Speaker 7: President Trump has promised to roll back support for electric car vehicles has really gone after the Biden Harris administration for the green energy is sort of climate change initiatives. On the other hand, when I was on the ground there, Harris really leaning into the support that she has from the big auto worker unions. They held signs at her events sayings for the union strong. The union leaders really bashing Trump for comments that he made recently seeming to sort of disparage unions, disparage union worker protections.
Speaker 8: Here in Massachusetts, early in person voting begins tomorrow, and great weather for that right now, we're just looking at the weather and it's beautiful. We're in the mid two high fifties right now, very consistent weather, lots of sunshine, incredibly clear, little bit of a breeze out there, and again that elevated fire rist tonight chilli thirties are colder spots in Lynn forty five downtown Boston. Saturday, the warm up begins.
Speaker 2: Lots of sun seventies, seventy five and sunny on Sunday, near eighty with sunshine on Monday. So just terrific weather for this weekend and later tonight. A Dateline special at two hours special this evening highlighting the Karen Reid murder case, and it comes one day after the prosecution argue to retry her on all charges. The defense has been claiming double jeopardy on two counts against Reid, including murder, because jurors came forward to say they were unanimous on that count and one other. And also the.
Speaker 8: Bill comes due.
Speaker 2: We've learned the cost of security at the courthouse in debtam covering the Karen Reid trial rings in at two hundred and fifty eight grand. Most of that was police over time. Let's go back to the Charles Regatta and the starting line.
Speaker 1: Who boom, You can feel the energy radiating off these athletes who've been preparing for this very weekend all year long.
Speaker 9: How it Workstatic, It's gonna be a great race.
Speaker 1: Grant Quads is a BU Students and Regatta veteran, as this will be his fifth head of the Charles. He knows the dues and don'ts of this race.
Speaker 9: So crash into the bridge. I've got an out of our harriage. Crash to that bridge. I'll crashing the one after it or Elliott Bridge. I basically just avoid all the bridges at all costs.
Speaker 1: What are some news when when Yeah, Grant is taking freshman rovers under his wing as they get ready for their race this Sunday at the star Line. James Rojas w b Z, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: At the State House today, it's a message of awareness for the legally blind. Wbz's Jay Willette has that the.
Speaker 6: White Cane law in Massachusetts requires drivers to yield for blind pedestrians marked by white canes or guide dogs. It's at the center of an awareness campaign from the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind and Perkins School for the Blind on Beacon Hill, reminding drivers that if you see the signs of someone blind crossing the street you have to stop. This year marks the sixtieth anniversary of White Cane Day, signed into existence by President Lyndon B. Johnson. Jay Willett, WBZ Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Laurie Kirby, WBZ Boston's News Radio,