Speaker 1: Well, they have no right to do this to you. They just want to use you. Maybe I want to use them. Maybe you won't use them to make this country great again. When we're mad, we'll just use our words. Then the rest of the world will play nice with us, and the only boom booms will be in our pants. Maybe you wouldn't be such a bad president, and you can be my first ladle. I like the sound of.
Speaker 2: That fourfinger discount, dude, welcome.
Speaker 1: To four figure discount. With this week we hit to review a pretty shitty episode of The Simpsons. It is a pluribus Wigham, I'm Dando.
Speaker 3: And I am guy. Yes, we're facing some interesting times in American politics at the moment time.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We've addressed the fact that someone took a pot shot at former president and maybe even future President Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we haven't addressed the fact that Diamond Joe Biden has decided to call it a day. Well, no, he's still president, but he won't be running for president again. And Kamala Harris is going to be the front runner for the Democrats. This is all very very interesting stuff. It's all very well. It's turbulent times in American politics. And you know what it is, it's interesting. And that's the complete opposite the pluribus e pluribus wigam. I was about to say, e pluribus unham, which is what this episode takes its title from.
Speaker 1: I did find it interesting that all this shit's going down in American politics the one week we have to do the American politics episode of the Citizens, it's.
Speaker 3: The unified theory or four fingers this out. Yeah, we just get lucky, I guess it again. We get lucky in some ways in that, you know, it gives us stuff to talk about, but it makes us very very unlucky in that we had to.
Speaker 1: Watch this episode. Yeah, before we get into the episode.
Speaker 3: You've got other things to talk We've got real life to talk about, much more interesting, much more fun.
Speaker 1: So. Last week we mentioned on the show that I purchased that it was the Dilemma of the Goalpost for Elliott's birthday.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: I ordered it for those of you previously on four voko discount. I ordered Elliott. He's nanny and Pop from England got him some afl Ossie rules football goalposts mini goalposts to set up in the backyard or everyone's set them up at the oval taking packtice is kicking for goals. We got them home, they were snapped. The little poles pins that held them together were snapped. Took them back to Rebel Sport. Oh great, they said, yep, no worries, just grab another one, grabbed another one snapped. I feuman Elliott's double human. He just wasn't play footy. So then we basically we go back again and they say we've got no more. We can send a new one to your house and if that one's no good, then you can get a refund. During last week's show, just prior to last week's show, recording, it arrived and I ta saying I was going to let you know what happened. They worked, no snaps, No snaps. I reckon. Now. I mentioned last week how I read the reviews as I was leaving the second time, and I said a set pins were snapped, pick it back, second step pins were snapped, and I thought, shit, I've just formed for the same thing. I got this new box, and I realized that this box was sealed properly. Those last two words, I reckon, I've got that fucking person's snapped pins boxes.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you think you've got shoddy workmanship or someone's sort of asleep at the weird.
Speaker 1: Just put it back on the the return. Just put it back on the shelf rather than put it back into damages or whatever. Who would ever do this sort of weird house. I have no idea, Dan, and I have no experience of anything like. But I just thought, okay, well, it's great. You know, the gol blas a huge success. He loves it. He's going down there. But not the cool thing is.
Speaker 3: That earlier is going to be the next Tom Hawks.
Speaker 1: One cent is going to be that?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So by the way, Tom Hawkins, do you googling folks? Tom Hawkins local geelong great John Cast footballer hasn't announced his retirement yet. But just release a memoir. Everyone's like, okay, so you've just released your own books. It's called Tomahawk, isn't it. That's called Tom Hawkins. I think it's just called Tom Hawks. Maybe the story of Tom Hawks was announced yesterday to.
Speaker 3: Be we want to be called dom K, which is a zick name, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is. And it was announced yesterday, And I'm thinking, why would you write a memoir or a book if your career wasn't finished yet. Hmmm, because wouldn't you want to if you're gonna play one more game, wouldn't you want to include that in your memoir.
Speaker 3: To quote seeing see music factory, things that make you go hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so we went down to the local park here set up the gold posts, and it took about I know, five minutes, and kids started noticing what's it over there? Goal posts, gold posts. These two brothers rocked over? Can I play? Sure thing? They joined in as well, Allix having a great time playing. Right.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden you said, two brothers rocked over and you of course are wearing your step brothers jump That.
Speaker 1: Became best friends. So what happened was these two kids started, these two boys right. Then all of a sudden, these two girls and a boy will go into the park and then note there's gold posts there. Can we join in? Within about half an hour, I had my own local footy team, the Dandos. We're gonna be taking on any local footy league and in Geelong we had like eleven kids kick of a goal.
Speaker 3: Look at Gordon Bombay.
Speaker 1: We have a team of misfits and we're going to take them all on the bad News cats. So I was pretty I'm like, I've just created this little local league. This is great.
Speaker 3: Football is the great unifiers. Sport is yeah, the sport is, of course, yes, but the strain rules football, I like to think, is very very unifying.
Speaker 1: It felt like I felt like I was just created my own like Sandlot kids, but in football formed.
Speaker 3: One might even say out of many one yes.
Speaker 1: And then the kids. So we're walking down the streets wink wink, not did this episode Just in case you didn't. We were walking down the street yesterday taking for a bike, and the two boys saw we're waiting for yesterday. You didn't come back because we said, I said we'll come back tomorrow. And I was like, yea, yeah, sure, no worries, and I just we just forgot we didn't go yesterday or the monday. It was, and like we are wait for you. You weren't there. And when he said he was coming back, he said he didn't know.
Speaker 3: This is good, this is warming stuf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool though, wasn't it that I just up these gold posts all of a sudden, just kids They started appearing, just like what's that over there? Jumping fences and John ren Corners.
Speaker 3: My kids have got a little innate radar. Fun is happening somewhere, or activity is happening somewhere in the vicinity.
Speaker 1: I was literally sitting there contemplating, can I coach these rag tag group of misfits? Can I take on the kids from you know, the bad news bears from snooty academy and give my give my little gym Robot House, the Robert House with the rad tag. Who was the other one in that I can't remember. It was just Mars University because Robot House was was the frat that was always in futurrama anyway, But I thought it was really cool. That was indeed cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, first of one, I'm glad your goalposter finally, Yeah, upstanding and operational.
Speaker 1: That's good news. And I'm very glad that Elliotts is going to be the captain of this Conway of this team Mighty Duck's reference. You said, God in Bay. I'll assumed you knew what Charlie Comway would be.
Speaker 3: I'm aware of the Mighty Ducks, and I'm aware that Emilia Estevez's character is named Gordon Bombay. Beyond that, I don't really know much about the Mighty Ducks.
Speaker 1: Pacy was in them, Pacey. Who's Paisy Joshua Jackson? Oh? Yes, yes? Or is that he's character from Dawson's Creek? Is it? That's kinda wat Dawston's Creek? But yes he is. Charlie. Here's Charlie Comway.
Speaker 3: Never go, I never watched Mardy Ducks, but we're learning.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's named Charlie Conway, Mighty Ducks's named Passy and Dawson's Creek we learned things. Yeah, we're exchanging ideas. Yes, what are you going an antidote forest before we get into this shiit show?
Speaker 3: I got fuck all.
Speaker 1: I just realized I'd written favorite Moments or trivia or anything I've got trua. I was so, actually I do I do? I don't favorite moments, I've got trivia. I just want to say, okay, e Pluribrius Wigham, right, or do you have an eight day first or not? I have no anecdote? Okay. So, first of all, it was three minutes before anything of substance of sub substance happened in this episode, right, So you had a two minute couch gag and opening intro and in a minute of Burns being distract or trying to get Owns away from work so they can leave work early, homerte Lenear and Carl. So I've got three minutes and nothing's happened, right, I don't even leave work early.
Speaker 3: But they've got that thing where oh, we can't leave until the boss leaves, which has never really come up the fall.
Speaker 1: I assumed they were leaving work early, That's why I had to wait for him to leave. But why was the boss? And it didn't make sense. None of them made sense anyway. My big issue with this was that you wasted three minutes of our time, three minutes of TV time on absolutely nothing, a couch gag and a gag that made no sense. It went nowhere right and added nothing to the episode. And then you couldn't even give us an ending, So you got three minutes of nothing, nineteen minutes of a story, and at the end there was no ending this. Why are they now deciding episodes don't need endings. There was a point in time where they went, oh, let's just wrap this up quickly, and it was almost like a gag that we didn't even get that here. It was just and that's the end. Williams going for now, he's really smart, He's going for a president. Here's his commercial end of the episode, and I went, what what what's happened with happens next?
Speaker 3: My final note about this episode? Okay, so what was the point? Yeah, because this was the point of this episode. Kids aren't going to enjoy. Kids are not going to enjoy this episode.
Speaker 1: I don't think adults are going to want adults. It's a very niche target audience. It's incredibly me because if you don't understand American politics, and I think Americans just seemed to think that we all understand American politics and we're all interested in it. Maybe when you got wackos like Trump, yes, maybe, but the ins and outs and all the different politicians, Yeah, the majority of people outside the States don't give a shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when it becomes a side show, yeah, or when it becomes a circus, as it often does around election time. But when you're getting down to the nitty gritty and the minutia of electoral colleges and primaries and all that kind of stuff, yeah, I think, first of well, we're gonna have a lot of Americans going I'm not really quite grasping this, they're just you know why a lot of Americans don't go to the polls, then people outside of America are going to go. I can't make it or tail of this shit. What you had with this episode, to my mind at least, was a combination, a really toxic combination of incredibly dense and unbearably smug. This I've that was my key word from this episode was the Simpsons has become smug for a number of reasons, the politics aside. Right, there was a gag in here where Homer gets out cigars called jerkass Homer right, courtesy of our friend Al Jean. Apparently this gag.
Speaker 1: I have issue with this because that says to me that you're listening, or you at least acknowledging that you are aware of the gripes that your audience has with the direction of your show. Now right back in two thousand and eight one in this ad, the problem is acknowledging it and then doubling down on it, and we're basically saying to the audience, we know you don't like it, but fuck it, we're going to do it anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's acknowledging it, and then there's revering in it.
Speaker 1: Looks like we're doing here. Like it or don't, We don't give a shit, we're going to be doing it. I thought, that's the only result you're going to get from doing that is not get laughs, is going to alienate your audience. And you know what happens at this point in time, the Simpsons, they alienated their audience. It wasn't just because you started to alienate it by making Homer a joke, Cass, but then by acknowledging if I was watching this, Okay, I'd given up on The Simpsons by this point, watching it at week to week to week. But if I was watching it week to week to week and I saw that gag, I'll watched this episode. This would be the episode e Pluripus Wigan where I would go tows thrown in. I'm done because you've basically said to me, you don't give a shit about what I think anymore. Just enjoy what we're doing, and I don't enjoy it. How could you possibly enjoy the joke, Cass? Homer. You've proven last week eternal moonshot of the Simpsons mind we can get lovely Homer. You still know how to do it. So, why in God's name would you still do this kind of stuff and acknowledge to your audience. We know you have an issue with joke carss Homer, but we're going to do it anyway, So sit down, shut up, and just enjoy it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone has as it's ridiculous. I think people have a problem with jerk as Homer, absolutely. I think I don't think they have a problem with Homer being a jerk, as long as it's something that he either learns from or is actually kind of funny. Yeah, and hope hopefully a combination.
Speaker 1: Of the two doesn't get any repercussions for his actions here. Right, And it made sense to me because the right Michael Price Right. So Price and his son came up with the episode's opening set piece is off Wikipedia struck. During a drive in California, they stopped at a Burger king. They had a long scoop on its trash can for customers to throw away trash from their car. His son commented, Homer would love that he's so lazy. This led to the creation of the fast Food Boulevard, with Price's son suggesting the name of the fast food I seeing that the episode going, you couldn't think of a creative name. He just went fast food Boulevard.
Speaker 3: I think Price's son actually suggested Vesuvius Pizza. I think that's the thing that he suggested as opposed to fast food Boulevard.
Speaker 1: Or maybe he did both. No, When in the episode when Homer destroys Fast Food Boulevard, a restaurant, okay, maybe you're right there, name Yeah Pizza is shown exploding with pizza sauce coming out of its top like lava. The joke was pitched by Price's son, who had been learning about volcanoes in school and in all no no, no, no creation the fast food Boulevard, with Price's son suggesting the name. So he suggested the joke as well as the name of fast Food Boulevard, both things. So this whole scene was written by a child, and it felt that way. It kind of in the nicest possible way for the child. I get it, he's a child, but I'll give.
Speaker 3: Him due respect for Vesuvius Pizza with thought, which I thought was actually kind of funny, and honestly, I would eat that fast Food Boulevard. However, you that that's very placeholder, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It just felt like it became a.
Speaker 3: Boulevard with a lot of fast foods.
Speaker 1: Come up with a funny name. That's that's like they get too angsty about the name of the fast food boulevard. The thing is, though, Homer blows up fast food Boulevard and then he's one saying we need to rebuild it. There's no repercussions. It's makes no fucking sense, we need to rebuild it. He doesn't get any repercussions from his stupid actions. He then is the guy that says we need to put Wigham in charge.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, first of all, Homer aware that he's actually blown up. No, he doesn't know, no, So it's it's understandable that yeah, yeah, I would think, oh well, if he knew that he blew it up, then maybe him sort of doing a bit of a shifty cover up. It's jerk ass behavior, but it's also kind of funny. I like it when Homer is kind of devious that look, there were so I suppose I was so disjointed in so many ways that it was just hard to get a handle on. I mean, you you weren't flowing smoothly through it. One thing did not lead to another, or if it did, you could really see the joins. The scenes were not seamless. They were very, very broaden and odd colored. Threat it's like, oh, well, you're patching together a bunch of ideas. You've got a Frankenstein's Monster of an episode here. You know you want to cover politics, how do you get to that? Only I don't have your traditional I don't know, Homer fucking.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really Also for me, I don't really I do not understand the ins and outs of American politics all that much, right, I know, than basics. But Lisa even points out here you have to be thirty five to be a candidate. Why would you have one of your characters point out that this story actually doesn't make any sense. Like if you just get to pretend that thlow the rules out the window and just pretend look, just in the Simpsons University, this can happen, that's fine. But to have listen then go, this can't actually happen because he's not old enough. But then but then you see his campaign and it's like, but you've just told us it can't happen. And they're like, oh the Patriot Act, and I'm oh it just did my head in.
Speaker 3: But one thing I was thinking while watching this, however, is okay, you want to do political sato, and you want to do it about American politics and particularly about you know, the convoluted.
Speaker 1: Way it operates. It's done a lot better in the past.
Speaker 3: They have done a lot better in the past. But here's the thing. Okay, the show is called The Simpsons. It's about a town called Springfield. Springfield has got a lot of people in It's got some very smart people, it's got some very dumb people. Okay, the dumb people in this case, they're going to say, I don't understand politics. I don't understand Yeah, what's the primary about it? I mean what you can just nominate anyone, but then any party can someone sort of claim them. That's when you've got someone smart, say Lisa come along and say, well, you know, the way American politics work, or the way the primary works is this, And they explain it to a dumb character who also is us also me, because yeah, the dumb characters are sorry for me, who understands nothing about American politics. Here they just I don't know. It felt like you know what we're gonna We're gonna pitch this to the smartest person in the refridge.
Speaker 1: But they wrote a show for themselves, well they yeah, they really did.
Speaker 3: It really felt like in the room they were one uping each other with oh, yeah, I've been watching a bit of c and then oh, well I've been watching c SPAN. Yeah, I think I've got to handle on how politics. Oh, by the way, isn't the way the media handles politics? Doesn't that become kind of a circus. Let's take the piss out of that a bit as well. Yeah, it really felt to go back to the S word, It just felt unbearably smug.
Speaker 1: And on the topic of smug, right, I bring up how I'm sick of the list gags already in season nineteen there was a point in time where the Simpsons signed gags where they were just a backdrop. They were if you weren't paying attention, they were there for the smartest person in the room to go, did you see that joke? Like you didn't? A freeze frames ex easter ex exactly right. But now they have become the look how smart our signs are, and they almost the joke. They aren't just signs they're going past anymore. It's when home was going down the boulevard. It's sign science science. It's almost got to a point me to acknowledge us creativity.
Speaker 3: They're lingering on it just a little bit too long. Used to be, you would see it for look, I'm not sending a stop watch or anything like that, but you'd see a newspaper headline or a street sign, and.
Speaker 1: It'd always be a subheading that was really funny. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now they would focus on on the screen for maybe three seconds whatever, and yeah, if you've got oh hey, hey, that's a nice little.
Speaker 1: Addition to that. Hidden gags, hidden gags.
Speaker 3: And now they're very much in your face. And look, I don't like things in my face. I've told you there's many times down I stop putting things in my face.
Speaker 1: Well, you tell me your safe word next time. What would be your safe word, Palomino? I remember that the next time. But the joke ass Home, I just really it really bothered me. And just I just thought, how disrespectful to your fans to acknowledge that we hear issues we don't care.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous, unless, of course, this is a final farewell to Jerkar's homer, which I doubt it is.
Speaker 1: I would say it's probably not because they seem quite proud of the fat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They seem to be really just steering into it, don't they. Yeah, it's an odd one. My favorite. I mentioned earlier, I didn't have any favorite moments. Did you have any favorite moments?
Speaker 3: I have precisely three?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Then when they're in New Hampshire, Dan Rather and all the other media types leave because it's happening in Springfield where the Simpsons are, and there's the couple the diner. Yeah, well, I've said my name is Martha and I'm going to have to kill him. That's a reference to one of my favorite movies, Sergia Landi is fantastic lesson Once upon a Time in the West, which stars the great Hollywood star Henry Fonder, known for playing good guys and great upstanding characters. Sergei Ilioni made him a victim who shoots a kid because, yeah, one of his hensman says, what are we going to do with kid? Frank, Well, I know that you said my name. People were like, what.
Speaker 1: Well, that's kind of like remember Breaking Bad. When that happens, you're like, oh shit, they did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not pro killing kids in real life, but when you're doing on screen kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I always say to Nicola. Usually in most shows that we watched, whether it be a Law and Order or easy not the easy going shows, but they're more commercially friendly versions of crime shows. Usually the kids are safe, babies are safe, and animals are usually safe. But sometimes they go down and they injure a kid WEP, and you're like, oh fuck, and they feel real bad.
Speaker 3: Usually the episodes you remember, I mean, you're a Laurwa and Order guy. Yount was a regular Law and Order or Laura and.
Speaker 1: Order SPU or criminal in well, no, but I'm thinking about a particular episode where it was Colmic Glachlin from Twin Peaks. Oh, yes, yes, he's has.
Speaker 3: His son been killed by someone, by a little boy who turned out to be like an irredeemable psychopath. Yeah, and Colma Glochlain and grabs like the bailiff's gun or something and shoots the kid in the courtroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's in the hallway maybe, yeah, or something like that, and you're like, I only deserved that. You didn't expect it. That Brad headed Ken. So that was one of his favorite moment.
Speaker 3: I like that very much.
Speaker 1: It's being injured usually make guy's favorite moments. Yes, love it.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed mo When asked about his political creation, I registered something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I knew there'll be there's moments in here. I just haven't written a bit.
Speaker 3: And we're all a fan of when we enter Homer's brain and it's either it's a circus monkey or it's a lazy donkey or something like that. This time his thought processes are clear, concise, correct. Well, I'm not allowed to get one right.
Speaker 1: I didn't mind Clinton on the phone to Hillary saying you're never gonna let the go am. We do indeed love our supporters here at four thing a discount, especially our stonecutters of course, starting with the lovely Kadg with her one hundred dollars support always always appreciated, as well as our man Andrew Zo with his fifty dollars support, Elliott J O'Neil from the Simpsons Index. We have the legend himself, Andrew Swan speaking the legends, Zach Pruitt. Of course, we also have Jordan Mollman, Richie, Jonathan Rossi, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn dv Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dentil, Planned Flood, Shannon Hofer, Bella Winderbate, Jack McFadden, Heath That will be Adri McLeod Lewis kavanar Mark trel Even, Rhys Roberts, Ginger and Piggle Preston Murray, Talia Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellier, Logan b James Shepard, Joe Reid and Sect, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lang, Damie Miller, and Isabella Murphy. Thank you so much for being top tier supporters of ours on Patreon aka the Stonecutters, and of course the following people will also get shantouts as well because they either joined up or they upgraded their tier during the month of July. The following people Nick horror Check, Stephanie Mahoney, Gus, Ryan Simmons, Super Nintendo, Charmers, That Geek, Evan Jenner, Harrington, Ryan Prince, Nathan z, Brenton h Caleb, Hashtag, GHOS Stars, Jim Rocco, a h Emily, Marie, Molly, Stanners, Acman Jones, Matthew Polito, Jordan Lewis, Ben Lyons, Callen, Henry, Charlie Turgen, the Real both Thomas Macon, Gert and Braize, Huge Ass and Lahiro Kane. Thank you so much guys for joining the four figure discount family on Patreon this month, or for simply upgrading your tier as well. All of your support helps keep the lights on here at four figure discount and it is much much appreciated. All right, it is now time we get into at trivia. Next question you there eating the beast. My first question for you as I score bake up to the trivia is it's the name of a place. I can't remember what the question would have been. Now've written the answer. Can't remember the question? Okay, jeopardy, then I remember Homer says, I think it was listing off places that are now gone, and it's start as Captain something. I'll give you the clue. Yeah, it's Captain Conduction Schnitzel Palace.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I think he's talking about all the places that are now gone, and he's really sad about it, and he's like, oh propse, I wouldn't try. Yeah, I asked my question and answered from stuff.
Speaker 3: We'll speaking of Homer and eating. Yeah, what is he expecting to eat when he when he's on the phone to March, he's like, get the someone, so ready?
Speaker 1: Is it defied bacon?
Speaker 3: It's deep fried pork chops.
Speaker 1: Pork chops. You were close and you're in the we're in the same magical meat. I do like that the consistency there that Homer's favorite meal from Marge is always her pork chops. Well, everyone's got the basics, meat and vench So my next question for you is how many restaurants were destroyed? It's two parter and what were they rated?
Speaker 3: There were thirty seven restaurants have destroyed and they ranged from awful to mediocre.
Speaker 1: See, now that we're on camera, people can say that you're reading off your notes, so that so they no, I don't care that you're doing that. But now it's like I used to edit it together so that sounds like you were smart, But now that it's like, hey, he's got the answer written in front of him. Smart.
Speaker 3: I was smart enough to write this, Dad, right there you go. Yes, Well, my my next question to you is actually related to that. What was the life span of fast food Boulevard?
Speaker 1: Ah, it was nineteen seventy seven? Was it that? When it is that? When it started? It was the seventies. A, right, it was seventy eight.
Speaker 3: No, you're going in the wrong dirrecty.
Speaker 1: What is it? Nineteen seventy two? So it would have been thirty the lifespan, which is the years that it was, so thirty six years.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was nineteen seventy two to two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty six years. Yeah, sorry, I should have I phrased my question inelegantly. Yeah, what year there was it? They kept giving you a lifespan?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's mean thing. You would think that I would not.
Speaker 1: I was going to try for one more question for you as I'm scoll strolling through my notes. Okay, well, what hotel was it? So? Residents in by Higher Embassy suites, by Courtyard by Marriott dash Are something hotel that's where the Republicans were having their folk group.
Speaker 3: Oh look, I probably had my head in my hands like this. Okay at this stage, so I start Wood Hotel Star War.
Speaker 1: I was just gimming through my notes though, and this was another thing I had just on an issue because I know this is an American show, so they making American politics. But when they used to take on politics in the past, and the Simpsons, they didn't double down and have so many references to politicians of that time. It was just about the politics in general, just the system in general, and they would replace politicians with sideshow Bob going for mayor or things like that. It would still be doing the same thing and taking the piss out of the political system, but they weren't doubling down and having references to actual politicians. Because now you watch this in twenty twenty four, and all the references of the people hand make absolutely no sense. No one knows who any of these people are anymore.
Speaker 3: The only one I knew was Fred Thompson, and that's because, as they say, he was in dire hard too in the Hunt for Red October.
Speaker 1: I knew the just like I was gonna get down to that moment. But the thing is, all these people, no one knows who they are outside of the States mostly anyway, and b in twenty twenty four, I mean, even still politicians. And it's just it makes the show. Really, it's such a dated it's such a weird episode to make it goes against everything the Simpsons is always done.
Speaker 3: It really did didn't it. I mean, yeah, it felt like a time capsule, but in the worst possible way. It's like opening a time captures, like we didn't close this properly. Now everything's molding and smelling and discussing.
Speaker 1: I think John Stewart's appearance was weird. Even he feels dated now. John Stewart, Yeah, I mean he's.
Speaker 3: Back, but yeah, John Seward feels.
Speaker 1: His appearance here was so bland. It was.
Speaker 3: John Seward feels like he was very relevant a very particular time. I like the guy. I think he's very very funny. I think he's he was able to in this time. The Daily Show was huge. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how funny or insightful he is these days. I don't really pay much attention to the way he's covering politics or the way he's covering current affairs these days, but certainly in this time it was like, oh, well, politics is a bit of a circus. We might need a bit of a ring master, and we got that in Stewart, But in this episode, yeah, it felt like an un easy combination of political commentator and also comedian.
Speaker 1: Well, for me, he always he seemed fearless. John Stewart because I was only in my teens early teens when he was sort of a thing. But you seem on TV and he was like the guy that would have no fear to take on the politicians and say what he thought. Right in this episode here, it just came across as if he was timid and he was polite, and he should have been like really going at Krusty.
Speaker 3: He should have, shouldn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just weird, really tepid.
Speaker 3: Are we doing any more trivia questions? Because I have one more for it?
Speaker 1: Oh, go hit me one more.
Speaker 3: What is dumont Evans's media outlets slate dot com?
Speaker 1: He's from slave dot that's the thing, right it is? But Wigham, So let's skim through this episode, shall we. So the original air date of the episode was January sixth, two thousand and eight, so it was the first episode two thousand and eight. Actually, another thing I need to point out apparently this aired almost an entire year after A Bumble was nominated as the representative. So, as you said, what was the point of this episode? Because you watch the end of it, you kind of get to the point where you think, Okay, they're trying to say vote for the right person, or pick the right person, but we already knew who the yeah, who the representatives were at this points of what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the American system is flawed and we're just picking any old clown when it was kind of obvious from the initial picking of Obama, who was not necessarily all that well known, but it was clear that this was a breath of fresh air for American politics in so many ways. Yeah, yeah, and this sort of runs counter to that.
Speaker 1: Think about this though, is I think it's a victim of the Simpsons. They take nine months to make an episode, so maybe when they started pitching this idea putting things together, Obama hadn't quite been nominated yet or put his.
Speaker 3: Hand up or whatever.
Speaker 1: And by the time they already started making it, they can't Once I've started, they can't go, well, we can't make it now.
Speaker 3: Well maybe they should have just done a Batwoman and Sheldon and then put on a repeat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, this episode man so production code kab F zero three written by Michael Price. I mean, great writer.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 1: His name's on it, but you can tell this is just the writer's room. This is a group effort in the worst way, Yes, and directed by Mike Frank Paulsen, who was apparently nominated for a Writer's Guild of America award for the directing of this episode, not the content, just the directing side of things. So nominated for Best Direction by the Writers Guild. By the Writer's Guild of America. Yeah, the chopboall gag teacher did not pay too much for her condo. I don't know why that rub me the wrong way. It just felt so smarmy. It seems like something Bart wouldn't say. Again, they're not writing Bart as a ten year old anymore. They're writing gags. That makes them. It's the writers writing jokes for themselves. They're not. There was a point in time. I know, I'm just geting on a bit of a rant here, but Harry Shearer once said to us, I know this is even on the record when he said this to us, pretty sure it was. I'm gonna say it anyway. There came a point where he realized they weren't writing jokes for characters anymore. They were just writing jokes and assigning it to characters. Yes, that's exactly what this was. They aren't writing jokes. That what would Bart be right? What would he be punished for? What would what would Bart say to missus k What would he say? It's just we're writing jokes. Now throw it on the short game. Which character can say this? Let's just give it to Cletus, Let's just give it to Principal Skinner. It doesn't matter who's saying it. It's just here's a joke. A scientist. Just put somebody, give it to somebody. And that's when he realized what's the point, Because he said I was said to I literally said to them, he said ned Flanders wouldn't say this, and they didn't care. And that's when he went, what am I bothering for? Yeah, you've got no continuity of character, and it affects It affects the structural integrity of the show. And it would affect I'm not saying would affect the performance because they're professionals, right, but it'd have to annoy you when you're going, I know this character probably better than you guys writing it. I am this character. I know he wouldn't say this, so it doesn't it wouldn't feel natural saying these lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the writers of Career, well, the creators of the show, have created the characters, the writers have helped development over time. But if you will, they gave a big finality.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if you're living with this character week after week, episode after episode, yeah, your creative juice has flowed into that as well. So of course Harry Shearer and the other cast members again are right to have this say about the character. Sounds this way, the character acts this way, the character reacts this.
Speaker 1: Way, of course, but that's again with the joke cast. Homer, you're saying, people watch the show week to week. The people who are complaining about Joe Cass, Homer, we're just going online and complaining. They were saying that because they wanted to be better. Then your audience who once loved the show are saying, you've taken the show in a direction that we don't really like. Can we try and maybe find a middle ground here? And the show went nah nah nah, noah, fuck you, Yeah, it bothered me. So the episode kicks off with Homer, well, let's.
Speaker 3: Not forget about the couch gag, because the couch gag, isn't it unusual and unrelate?
Speaker 1: Well, a parody of the medieval the Beot tapestry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is a about a seventy meter tapestry depicting the Norman conquests where a band of European soldiers only sort of French and Belgian and all that kind of shit.
Speaker 1: That kind of shit. Yeah, it's ancient, which French and Belgi. I was like, I fought waffles.
Speaker 3: They conquered England in ten sixty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then just wasted ninety seconds. But like I said, it was two minutes when the couch gag ended, and then there was a minute of Homer, Lenny and Carl at the power plant saying we could have wait for Burnstley before we can live. Oh, that goes distracting him. Then he calls him and does a like it's a phone booth parody?
Speaker 3: Was it almost a sort of yeah? Or when did Taken come out? Taken feels like two thousand, two thousand and eight, Yeah, sort of feels that way. Somewhere also feels like phone booth. Ye, right, how did your brain work that out?
Speaker 1: Because my brain I associate what I was doing a moment of my life in that time when I saw that movie, and I was like, I married now kids. I was like, I saw that movie with a particular girl, and I know what year I've seen in that particular girl. That's how I know. Ye that movie there can So I'm saying two thousand and eight, what are you.
Speaker 3: Saying, I'm gonna say two two thousand. I'm gonna say two thousand and eight as well.
Speaker 1: It was two thousand and eight. Yeah, we're both right. I hadn't you worked that out.
Speaker 3: I don't remember how I knew it, but yeah, because yeah, up to a certain stage, and it's probably like the early two thousand, it's like, oh, okay, well, no, I was working here at that stage, or yea, I was living at this place at this particular stage, or drove this car to go to that preview or something along those lines. Two thousand and eight, I don't know, that's when things start to get fuzzy. Well not even that's when things start to get fuzzy, but you know, the two thousands is kind of like.
Speaker 1: It's all started to blur into one.
Speaker 3: It could have happened in twenty twelve, it could have happened in twenty nineteen, It could have happened in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: I can tell you week to week to week in the nineties about two thousand and five. I'm just like it all becomes one thing.
Speaker 3: Was I going to say something else.
Speaker 1: But the guy's calling top taking paradise.
Speaker 3: I must admit I did get a laugh though, when they're saying, oh, he's gonna tell them that story about hang on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then then you see that, Yeah, it's like, Okay, that's pretty good. That's a visual game.
Speaker 3: But after that it just stretches on way too long. And honestly, stuff with Homer doing the hostage thing.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's just I'm going to kill your dog or something or I'm going to kill your kids. It's dumb and it's cruel. Yeah, and he says if you do it, I think he says, and if you do this your dog, I'll let your dog leave or something. And he's do the rocket dance on the way out. And it was all for nothing. It was it's literally just filler. And as I said, filler in an episode three minutes now I have gone by where Burns is left and the guys are leaving in an episode that they didn't couldn't think of an ending, so they just didn't have an ending.
Speaker 3: So what the hell.
Speaker 1: Is going on? So burns is left. He calls Homer has caught margin on the way home. She says, the first of the month, which means is the day that you promised to start your diet. I actually had this in my notes that super relatable. How many times do you go on, start my diet but eat all the shit I want to eat now, and then like three weeks later you're like, yeah, that was good. Start of the.
Speaker 3: Week, start of the month, yay, start of the year. Various other anniversaries and milestone the last week.
Speaker 1: Of the months always worked gets you. You're like, oh, I'll start it the first of the next month.
Speaker 3: Tell you what I'm going to build up a quote unquote a spank bank of memories, but all food related in terms of like, oh that's that was the last KFC I ever had, Oh so tasty. Oh remember I had that quarter pound? Oh so good.
Speaker 1: But by the way, thanks to all the patrons who let me know about the ten dollars for ten tenders yesterday, except motherfuckers. Now I kept it to one per customer. Excuse me, you used to be you just have it unlimited, and it was like, no one pot customer.
Speaker 3: Now I went, what what so you can only go once and get your ten tenders for ten bucks only on the app, and you're when you're logged in, you can only claim it once.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh yeah, I was not impressed. Disappointing from the colonel, the shrunken size and the shrunking content as well.
Speaker 3: Nobody likes a loophole. No, no, nobody likes a loophole. But yeah, I think we're all we can very much relate to. I'll start my dad Monday. All started at the start of the month. And yes, you build up your memories of.
Speaker 1: Like I'm gonna have a big Mac and I'm gonna have some tenders and KFC and I'll whop u from houmky jacks a bit of everything, and you know what, they're invariably disappointing. Yeah, OKFC never disappoints me. Besides the size of the tenders. Now, I was been saying, you're just we're talking about that disappointed tastes wise, it's never disappointing. McDonald's always disappointing. Big Max usually generally safe for me. Big Max chips are always shipped for me. McDonald's cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers were a good after drink out in town, have a couple cheeseburgers on the way home or whatever. For me, I'm gonna get Macaus. It's only a big Macs and anything I'll eat Hunger Jacks. I feel like hunka Jacks is the most consistent for me, both in quality of food and service. We got to Hunkry Jacks. Even if there's a line, it's just like in and out KFC KFC. Last night, I went to get the kids first and went in the line to KFC. It's to my parents because they want a KFC as while Nichola was waiting there right thirty seven minutes in line at KFC thirty seven minutes?
Speaker 3: Do you mean in like the.
Speaker 1: In the drive through Q thirty seven fucking minutes?
Speaker 3: It's nuts where people like lined up on the highway.
Speaker 1: I was no, so I was lining the back of KFC, nor so the backstreet. So it was the entire drive through was full, and there was I was one cart out of the of the complex, so it was like maybe it seemed like maybe seven cars. Ish, I'm like, oh, we can get through, kids, And this put some frust.
Speaker 3: Were you getting frustrated? Were you sort of projecting onto the person in the front, say you don't know what you want to do, You'll look at you're looking at the men. You go, hmm, maybe i'll have this. Oh you don't want to be nice? Would be tens?
Speaker 1: Oh what kind of sauce?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: I had to know what you want before you go. That thing that shits me more than anything. Everyone knows what they want to get when they go to a fast food place. No one should get there and go, what do I want today? You know you want the same shit you always order. Just fucking order it. Goodness sakes. But I thought, you know what, I'm not gonna get stressed here because Allie's like it's going to be a long time. Like now it's all good, buddy, put some songs on. What do you think we relied on? I want to I don't know. It's baby shack. They wanted him in Raps City and it got to the loud part as the kids call it, and we were in the drive through going Dude Wayne's World Style. I was like, I am a good dad, and then Elliott requested Paradise City by Guns and Roses, and I was like, oh, fucking raising these kids, right, But they loved Alliot loves we all rock you, We are the champions. Because he always remembers, he goes, I remember you when you sang this in town when the Cat's won the Grand Finals. I love that He's always already got a memory of me drunk singing that song, like a good memory of the Cats winning the Grand Final. Anyway, So thirty seven minutes put songs on the kids dance, had a good time. I didn't get stressed out until it got to the point where we were one car from the final window and this guy who took forever to order his food was then sitting there forever. And I saw them give a bag and he five seconds goes by and I was like, oh, he's tooking through the bag. And then he hands the bag back and I was like, you, well, you'n the.
Speaker 3: Sad way you'd be mad at this person. But at the same time, you know, to quote Peshi in the Leath the Weapon movies, they can fuck.
Speaker 1: You with the drive through. Yeah, you got to make sure. You have to make sure. Well, this is how because the only thing the KFS always fucks me without the drive through is the extra salt on the chips, right, we always want extra salt. They always go, yeah, it's extra salt. Last time specifically said is the extra salt and he goes yeah yeah, and there wasn't right. They liked you. The kids lie to you. This is how you get around that mistake. If you're having issues with KFS giving you extra salt, is you order chips with no salt, and then you get and then they have to make them fresh because there's no salt, and then you get to the window and go fucked up. My wife says, you want an extra salt, not no salt. Sorry, mate, Okay. Then they have to put extra salt on it, and you watch them do it. That's how you guarantee you extra because they they're fresh chips, so they taste good and they guarantee that extra salt. That's your lidbot order them the no salt, cooked fresh and then say, whoops, my bad, I want an extra salt.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm Luke Skywalker training with Yoda. Here.
Speaker 1: That's what I did last night.
Speaker 3: You're just gaming the system.
Speaker 1: Your ship heads always lie to.
Speaker 3: Me beating the kernel at his own game.
Speaker 1: But when he handed that bag back, Ali actually od at one point, just get up with it. Good Lord, your car those two times party mobile, it was a party of a billion. Dave, don't you remember what today is when you asked me that it's never good? It's the first of.
Speaker 4: The length, the day you promised to start your new diet. I'm just really worried about your weight. Bart says that we got a call from NASA and your gravity is pulling satellites out.
Speaker 1: Of their orbit, which I joke, but.
Speaker 4: It comes from a true place.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm glad they explained that this was a joke, because I'm like, that's what you think is funny. In said nineteen the Simpsons, we have lost the plot, have lost the plot. It's it comes from a true place.
Speaker 3: I know that Julie Kevner is a professional and a smart person and got the joke, but it almost seemed like she didn't she that was that was the joke. Yeah, I know, I know, I know, but yeah, just the whole delivery of all of it, It's like I can't tell if Marge knows this is a or not.
Speaker 1: She explains to the end, just weird was her line? Delivery was like off, Bahoma decides to eat all the crappy can before the diet starts, we even get to the diet.
Speaker 3: No, that's just thrown to the way, that's thrown into the back seat like a junk food wrapper.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the various places are General Chanin's, Taco Italiano, Dead Lobster. Now it said on Wikipedia there was something about Panda. Did you see the Panca That was not on Disney Plus that I saw anywhere? No, sause we have restrooms. I thought we have restaurants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when they they talking about like a Panda Express knockoff or something.
Speaker 1: Uh, Trader Joe's as Trader Earth's. Was that there?
Speaker 3: You have that later? Yes, that's not in that's later. I think that's where the Democrats having their their meeting.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, what about KFC? Was KFC on neck because it says here it was parody as Kentucky Fried Panda. I did not see this at all. I missed that. So maybe the colonel jumped in and said, you want to be changing that. Yeah, Kentucky Fi Panda. I did not see anywhere on Disney Plus. My words, doing your frazier.
Speaker 3: To correct.
Speaker 1: There's like a bane inspector praying for a free or return referred to me it was Kentucky Red Pounder. So basically the montages from just eating various foods. He drives up to the sideshow mail bin trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that tracks sideo mail is trash.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he throws all the stuff in. He clars out his car, including a car battery because why not, and acid drips down onto the gas mane. He's having his victory cigar, which is a jerk ass homo cigar. It says, basically, if you haven't watched the episode, it says, joke cass Homer on the box. That's his like bastard, a little bastard tampering kit. It's Homer's joke ass homo cigars.
Speaker 3: It honestly felt like that.
Speaker 1: It felt like a massive screw you to the audience. It really did. I'm not sure that he kind of thought this is the it was going to be taking. Well, you can't make this gag and think, oh, they're gonna think it's funn because we're acknowledging their their issues that we have that they have at the show. It's hard to be a good sport about that. Don't acknowledge it, just be better, just fix it. So he throws the match that hit cigar into the bin, of course, and it blows up all the shops on Fast Food Boulevard. We get a hahnsmum and death here get squashed because everyone else is getting pizza bases thrown in their face. He gets the sign and lard Lad's head explodes. It's now a town meeting all the various mascots from Fast Food Boulevard, and they're including the rib whitch. Indeed, what are they referred to? Was Cheesy mcmahir or something. What's madmic cheese of course, but they referred him as cheesey mcmah or something like that. Yeah, come up with a family name. It sounds like facing mcface face, doesn't It Just like it's the most basic thing. But Homer demands to we must rebuild Fast Food Boulevard and Hibbit suggests they only need to bond issue. So Lisa says, but that would be our problem then, and bar says, no, woulds pass on to the next generation. Make he sees next to her, there's nobody's going to be her generation issue. Then they bring the Springfields presidential presidential primary forward to this Tuesday. I think it says or something. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was initially going to be months in the future and now it's.
Speaker 1: Next week, which means they're now first in the nation. It would have been nice for them to explain just what that means. Yeah, because kids are got home going what are you talking about? Adults a home going? What are you talking about? I should know this, I know, but I don't, So you can explain it to me, please.
Speaker 3: I feel dumb the best of times, and yeah, now this is the worst of times.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's going to be earlier New Hampshire because I guess they're always first. Yeah, and they throwing the memitchies say, and they're going to be cheesed dad joke.
Speaker 3: Okay, please please come up with jokes.
Speaker 1: We get a new story.
Speaker 3: I would appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We get a new story here from New Hampshire because they're usually the first ones, and they hear the Springfield's actually going to be first now, so they all leave for that. And we get the reference you're talking about earlier of the old couple who were in a diner.
Speaker 3: But that's a cameo by actual US newsman Dan Rather.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think in the show, in this episode, you could tell what it was actual people when it was just Simpson's cast parroting something true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but rather apparently as a name you can trust yes, or you used to be able to anywy. Apparently there was some sort of scandal involving of fake news, but I don't know, something along those lines. Anyway, Moving along, Moving along.
Speaker 1: We get the ad for vote now or I voted or whatever, and camp Brockman's doing a report with Springfield's primary now first in the nation. Are humbles that he has overrun with candidates, news hounds, spin doctors, hacks, flax, Russerts, blitzers, and even the occasional voter. Sir, do you have a preference? Yeah? I like girls, fruit loop Nah. Are you a registered voter? I'm a registered something. Lisa, she's very excited that Springfield is now the center of the political universe.
Speaker 3: Well, here you've got an opportunity for Lisa to use her pedantic powers for good. You know, she's the one who pops in and explains everything and hopefully does it in a way that's.
Speaker 1: A pop up video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she explains it to the dumbest people in the various rooms that she's in.
Speaker 1: You could have thought of a creative way to work that.
Speaker 3: In absolutely or yeah, and when Ralph come into the picture, Ralph is clearly, you know, not that bright. Lisa has to explain every step of the way and therefore explaining to us, and we'll be going, oh well, hey, quote another show on the fourth fing a discount network. I learned something today. Yeah, listen to going down to South Park? Yes, or watch it or even watch it.
Speaker 1: By the way, guys, So the way this is going now is we're filming all the shows, so clips are going to be going up on social media. In the YouTube channel, you can watch clips up there. But if you want to watch the full show now of guy and myself doing fourthing a Discount, going down the South Park and now the shows we do here a fourthing a discount, you're gotta be supported of ours on page on to watch the full episode. But you're gonna give getting plenty of clips. So if you just want to watch some clips, that's fine. If you've watched the full show, if you supportus on patreoon, you can access to the full unineedded episode. We're weird that it's the year twenty to twenty four and attention chances attention spans are short. Yeah, watch a clip. Yeah, watch a clip. Share it with your friends. I think the way definitely share explaining the primary scenario right when they mentioned the fact that they needed the bond issue here, but says that someone could have gone. But how do we do that? And Lisa explains, well, we could bring it forward, I guess, but that would be and then make and he goes done this Tuesday. She's like, I don't think we know, it's I haven't thought about it. Yeah, they all work out, manarel Yeah, that's easy. We just fixed in fucking ten seconds.
Speaker 3: We know, yeah, we know that the people of Springfield are always going to take the path less ted or not none. The path is the path of least resistance.
Speaker 1: Especially when Lisa goes. But we couldn't do that because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one's thinking about consequences or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So how do we make that happen? Well, this way, but I wouldn't. It's done. Now, there's a way of doing it. I get. But ooh perfect, Yes, fantastic, another trap. See how easy it is to fix this ship?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I can't speak for Dano. I'm a fucking dumb.
Speaker 1: Ass, you know. We were all dumb asses, and yet we were able to make this episode, I don't know, a little more palatable. Yes, it went It went down smooth like a box had ten tenders. She mentions here the think tank and homes all think take and we get the him the flashback or not the flash of the thought bubble is now, let's consider the World Bank leading lending policies to make me Now, this was a really.
Speaker 3: Good bait and switch because I was honestly expecting, like Homer to come bursting through the.
Speaker 1: Wall in a tank, you know, any tank, Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 3: With with an army helmet on and yeah, or you know, a big cigar like yeah, like he's general pattern or something.
Speaker 1: Take that, you know, which we probably would have been funny. It would have been funny.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, this was both funny and smart, and I really appreciated that that what I'm allowed to get one right.
Speaker 1: Everyone's in a while, yeah, Mo's and they're all annoyed that the news is are lapping on it is at this point yet not annoyed, you are. They're annoyed once they all arrive, So the news is are lapping up the sauce that's why he's a big fan, because you know they're all drinking there, or the or the news reporters and whatnot. And they one of them asked you have internet access? And it was like, I wasn't really paying attention to I'm just gonna plug from his phone and plugging.
Speaker 3: Into it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm guessing this before Wi Fi people. But I'm guessing it.
Speaker 3: Didn't even work because I mean, I think they would have.
Speaker 1: Put that, That's what I thought was happed coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they didn't. I think Moe just pulled a swifty and they goes like wown nay connected the world Wide Web.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he poked the phone and John Stewart here now, so he says, I'm John Stewart. Do I need to say my name? People know me? Then Krusty walks in right and says, hey, it's John Stewart. I was like, we know that. Why would Crusty walk up and say hey, I wouldn't work on and go hey it's guy Davis. You could have just had him go because he says here everyone's favorite political funny man.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: He could have said, I'm John Stewart. You know, do you have to say my name, and Christ walks in. He goes, well, it isn't everyone's favorite political funny man. You didn't have to go, hey, it's Judge Stewart, everyone's favorite political funny man. Yeah, or why we're in the era of hey, hey, it's that celebrity in case you won't aware, Well, we're aware because he just said his name. We're well aware of John suit or take the person say hey it's Stephen Colbert or something like that. Make a mistake. Yeah, but no, that joke would work because you go, well, it isn't america Everyone's favorite political funny man. He goes me, John Stuart Stewart. I thought you were Stephen Colbert. And that's the gag. That's it. Fuck finished the gag. But tell me more. Are you trying to steal my lines? No? No, no, no, trust you. That's very bad of you. And it's like, walks off and I'm thinking what that was. You hadn't judged Stewart and that's all you did with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although I'm pretty sure we're going to assume that Will Smith somewhere in his You wonder where I'm going with this, aren't you? Uh sitting somewhere in his compound was watching this episode and a little seed was planted. And years later at the Oscars, rather than saying John Stewart, keep your zingers out of my mouth, Keep my zingers out of your mouth, he instead said something else to Chris Rock he did, which was, keep my wife's name out your fucking mouth.
Speaker 1: It was fucking mouth. Always prub your head together. When we look back on that moment, is that going to be a It felt like it was a defining moment of Will Smith's career. I feel like the world's moved on. I feel like like our bad boys forward success play on.
Speaker 3: The world moves on so quickly.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll put up a couple of memes this week, the hawked to hock to our girl, spit on that thing chick. She was huge for like a couple of weeks, right, She's been doing these appearances, and she appeared a country music festival a couple of days ago to Utter Silence to Tumbleweeds and everyone was like, oh shit, oh yeah, it's over yeah, And you can see the moment in her eyes where she's like, oh no, they lied to me.
Speaker 3: I think she struck me as quite aware that she knew that she was going to be. She seems quite charming.
Speaker 1: She seemed really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also look not to get to adult content on what is generally a family friendly show, but.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a great date the whole twelve. It's like, damn, that's hot. It's just I don't know. She just seemed like a cool chick.
Speaker 3: Well. I saw a video of her where she was taking advantage of her fifteen second money for dogs or whatever it was she went to pet barn.
Speaker 1: It was like, we've got all this food for stray dog. That's what you should be, not making appearance as at fucking music vessels do this shit.
Speaker 3: Soidia, I like to think she can combine the two, you know.
Speaker 1: But not not one counting him about there, but appearing.
Speaker 3: At the comedy festival or the or the country music festival or whatever. I remember, still in the public eye. Keep the thing going a little longer, a few more straight dogs. I'm team hok twa.
Speaker 1: So now we get to Crusty. Crusty's basically just the whole bit of John Stewart was just unnecessary and unfunny. I'm like, where are you going with this? Where are you going, oh, you're going nowhere.
Speaker 3: You're showing that Krusty is a hack, which is something that we didn't know.
Speaker 1: Who the thunk it. So that stide of the panel introducing the panel for the debate, and we get Andrea Andrea crowded from seeing then DeMont evansromslep dot com and your paler on theahalf from the Washington Journalist indeed, and Nelson with the whole your medium is dying, and then Skinner says Nelson, what it is being right and being nice. I'm thinking joke on a joke, on a joke, but or not even a joke. Skinner wouldn't then have this interaction with him with the whole there's being right and those big nice No, that's enough, another one of those gags that was just written. They wanted to take the piss out of print media.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, So I just have Nelson saying your medium's arm and then have like a single tear come from the Washington This guy all it needed, all you want, because we Yeah, I think we were aware, aware in two thousand and eight certainly that the times they were a changing. Now.
Speaker 1: The residents in for the focus group for the Republican candidate, which is should we make governor former governor Vincent Aleppo the new candidate. And they mentioned here that he has a relationship with Ms Daffi.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now here's the thing. You've got some actual politicians in there. I mean from what I understand, I don't know if they got billed, and maybe some.
Speaker 1: Of the politicians some are just parodies of politicians.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Fred Thompson a real politician. Dennis Kutchinich, Yeah, he's real. I don't know whether he actually I don't think he would have supplied his voice. You know, he didn't know. I'm making jokes about it.
Speaker 1: Look at that, here's one point seven meters. That's not that short. No, one hundred and seventy centem is. I mean it's it's short, but as notch.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, he's not a hobbit.
Speaker 1: No, was bizarre, Like what are we doing? I just didn't know what are you doing? Yeah, I was in the writer's room. They picture the jokes. What are you doing? It's like when I made George Lucas really short, and you're like, what's the joke here? Why? Why is he is being short? Funny to use that is that the joke that he's short.
Speaker 3: That's okay cool. Someone on Twitter the other day made a very good point. They saying, what the perfect job for me would be to be at the celebrity side, and when they're about to put something out, all they float an idea I'm the person who goes. People are going to take that the wrong way. And this was this is about the time that Katy Perry's and new saw the video came out.
Speaker 1: I listened to the song. Apparently it hasn't done well.
Speaker 3: I saw bits of the video and thought I had noticed.
Speaker 1: In the last months. I was like, Katy Perry seems to be just popping up here and there. She hadn't been here and there for a while. What's going on here?
Speaker 3: Oh? Single on the verge of a comeback and stopt launching a comeback, which then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently she responded to it, and it's never respond to the bad feedback.
Speaker 3: Don't know. I'll never say you don't get yeah, as you're doing this is guys, Yeah, we know what satire is and this ain't it that? Ain't it cheap to use some very outdated slang that's probably about as relevant as Katie Perry sorry, Katie. I mean, you've got a couple of certified bangers and also some good songs.
Speaker 1: You're going and guy will be replaced on next week's podcast. Can we do it like a visual canceled I was there and guys gone, all right, guys, So the rest of the show is just going to be me here, sitting here. But so basically, they got the they had the the focus group, and I think they're just trying to say here that Republican voters are idiots because they didn't know what they wanted.
Speaker 3: Voters in general, voters generally easily distracted by milkshakes, by milkshakes, by special effects unclear or insincere messaging anything.
Speaker 1: Yep. Then the side of the debate, Lisa is not impressed for what the It's not the debate, sorry, it's the Democratic Party trying to find a candidate, and Lisea is not impressed with any of them. Then they're all putting the various signs up around Springfield, and Clinton puts up the Hillary sign and they never gonna let that go. Ah. Yeah, that's yeah, it's just interesting. That's what was ten years ten years later ish that they were trying to make her the president and they thought she was going to be the president.
Speaker 3: And that didn't play.
Speaker 1: That doc go on Netflix is well worth a watch. I think I've told you if you watched one where it's all about how they basically the documentary was about how Hillary was about to become president, and as they're filming it, they realized, oh shit, this documentary is actually about how Trump's going to be a president. Oh boy. Like on the night, it was like they didn't realize they still thought that she was going to win. And you didn't see the people everybody did. Do you see people watching the poles going oh fuck, it's happening going back now.
Speaker 3: I don't think even Trump thought he was gonna win.
Speaker 1: I think he probably he yeah, maybe he didn't think he part of him to his there's a chance.
Speaker 3: To his credit. I've never thought i'd say to his credit about Donald Trump, but once it was apparent that he was actually going to be in the White House. Because honestly, I may be completely wrong here, but I viewed his initial campaign back for the twenty six as a p s done as a marketing exercise, just to keep building his brand.
Speaker 1: The Apprentice new season coming in next June, pretty much.
Speaker 3: But yeah, once he realizes, oh, I can take advantage of this, and now he's got a real taste for it and he just wants it more and more.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the Simpsons are now undecided to sign at their house, so they all just clam it to their house. Everyone arrives, they're panted try and win the votes. They kicked them out, including friend Thompson, your man from die Hard Too.
Speaker 3: And he was an hunt for of October and many things. It was on Laura and Order for a while, I believe.
Speaker 1: So the guy's now all ranting at most, so I won't have them ragging on Diehard Too, which is not die Hard, but few movies are. But Diehard two is not bad. Yeah, it's kind of like for me, I say, die Hard Too. It's kind of a Jaws Too, where it's not the first one, nothing will ever be the first one, but it's not terrible, correct, But Jaws two is an acceptable Jaws movie in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Damn there, my friend. Yes, may I take this opportunity to promote a project on the side, something that you're not involved in, but that I have done. All right, you've heard the name Charlie Lawson mentioned on this podcast every once in a while, let's get on the podcast. He's been on the podcast. We talked about The Last Temptation at Home. He and I recently did a four part podcast series called Silver's Streak, where we talked about run of films by producer Joel Silver. Die hard To is one of them.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Speaking to myself, I think it's pretty good listening. You might want to go check it out. Do some googling. You'll be able to.
Speaker 1: Find I'll put the link in the description of this.
Speaker 3: That's very generous of you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I wish Charlie would do the same for us. Doesn't he do that? I don't know, but I've just assumed his producer didn't know.
Speaker 3: You don't listen to the podcast that I do.
Speaker 1: They have a tag us on social media or anything, so assumed that we won't getting mentioned.
Speaker 3: Well, no, Well, at the end of our episode, I'm like, check out four Finger discoun where we talk about the Simpsons, Signfeld, South Park, except for etcetera. Mentioned your name a.
Speaker 1: Lot, Charlie great Man, Now, what is the one you're recording today to reveal it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We are?
Speaker 3: Why not just do it because because I don't know, I haven't done a rehach yet. No, we're talking to a gentleman who is responsible. Is got a company that puts together film trailers. So we're going to be talking about the evolution of film trailers over the years. Good examples, there are bad examples thereof are they using too many slow down versions or children choir versions of classic rock tunes? Are uh, you know on the Thing in the Way that was actually pretty good and well that also that was the original Vana version. Yeah, but we're going to be talking about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like every trailer tries to be in exception. Now, yeah, you're probably right, but Inception did a really good trailer. They did a good trailer. But then the problem is that it's like not every movie's Inception. They fit the movie like Garfield, the movie shouldn't be slowed down with the slow kids song.
Speaker 3: And don't it should Yeah, and it shouldn't have you know, like this slow doom care version of You of the Cat.
Speaker 1: I feel like every trailer, now, if they could would just have what's that Kanye song has to always done something wrong or whatever? You know that as a piano song.
Speaker 3: That I could sing more of it because I found that really entertaining.
Speaker 1: I don't know the words are. It's like you're putting up with my ship for way too long.
Speaker 3: You know that song?
Speaker 1: I don't know that song starts with the ding, it's just a piano.
Speaker 3: I don't know it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play to you after the show.
Speaker 3: That'd be great.
Speaker 1: You definitely know the song.
Speaker 3: I know it, but I don't know if you know.
Speaker 1: It would be perfect for all these modern trailers. Speaking on trailers, I saw the moother trailer for what's the one with your Man?
Speaker 3: The Trap?
Speaker 1: The Trap? Yeah, I'm pumped that movie you're in. Yeah looks good? Does it does?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I wish they didn't spoil that one thing, but I'm still pumped for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing then that's not the twist. Yeah, they may not even be a twist. It might just be suspense all the way through. But yes, looking forward, I'm glad I never saw my Josh hartnet Stock.
Speaker 3: He's my man like that.
Speaker 1: You've gone on about him forever, You've never given up. Ok, a big crush. So the guys are all rounding out MOS sick of all the news reporters being there and who wants to abolish democracy. So Homer suggests that they have a ridiculous candidate, and they suggest that the guy Dennis Kutish Kucinich. So Kucinich, I've got here one point set me. Don't know why they made him so short. Wigham that suggests himself. No, but you're close, and to news report saying it. Ralph Wigham is now the candidate, with fifty three percent of likely voters agreeing that he should be the candidate. And look, look what I did made the TV thing happen.
Speaker 3: Let's scale this right down. I think there's like a halfway decent idea in here. I think the people of Springfield realize they're being bombarded and overwhelmed and also maybe being regarded as SAPs by the mainstream media and decided to play them at their own game. It's like, yeah, they're constantly being you know, they're in their privacy is being invaded, They're being painted as rubes or something like that.
Speaker 1: Why does it Why does it matter? Why does Lisa care so much? Because it's not like he's going to be president or anything, so why does it matter? What?
Speaker 3: I think she just takes Umbridge it like, yeah, she's got a very idealized version of American.
Speaker 1: Politics and democracy in general. Because and she's upset because the spring Springfield as a city can't nominate the state's candidate. They're just one town.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, they sort of painted themselves into a corner by being Springfield.
Speaker 1: Where yeah, that's true. Gelong can't decide who the Victorian representative is.
Speaker 3: It's although it should be Richard Marles because also like he's the Josh Harten and of politics. As far as I can say, that guy's dreaming. But I thought there was a halfway decent idea of the people of Springfield, like flipping, throw it down, flip and reverse it, play them, play the media and the politicians at their own games.
Speaker 1: Like they'd explain that for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah they didn't, But I thought, I thought that's not a bad way to go about it. So you're going to treat this like clowns, or you're going to treat politics like a circus or a game. We're going to do exactly the same. We're going to we're gonna bit about their own game. Yeah, yeah, we're going to make an eight year old dumber.
Speaker 1: They think they think. But then we're not answer them. They think we're stupid. We'll be about their own.
Speaker 3: Game, only only for it to become oh god, it actually is a circus and they will vote for this kid.
Speaker 1: And it would have been better this when they know how they love their lists. This could be one of those moments where you go, we need someone who's therest ridiculous candidate ever and then no more ridiculous, see captain, even more ridiculous, clear us keep going, Chief Wigham nearly there close and that that could have been like whatever, Now it's time for the head butt with Nash Karta from Washington for the States. Car was from Washington, I believe, so yeah, and so basically he introduces, But first of all, he says, twodays ago this bed Weather made a splash as Springfield Primary, and I thought it was quite funny. Then he's so Andrea Andrew Attica. Val Johnson is a take.
Speaker 3: On an Arian Huffington. I believe he's a bit of a political pundit, a media baron.
Speaker 1: And she seems to like Ralph. And then we get a parody of another guy who wears the glasses, Edward R. Murrow.
Speaker 3: Well, they mentioned Murrow at some state. Well, does that mean to be a remark because Morow is long dead by this stage. I think Dan rather when he's in then I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: The wrong part, looking at the wrong part. Yeah, maybe that was on I don't know. Here you go, George Will, George Will.
Speaker 3: Okay, that name's familiar. I don't know if he's still with us, but yeah, the whole massive political commentators out there.
Speaker 1: But he says, we need to find out whether he's a Democrat or Republican, whether we're in a tuxa or a tuxedo a tux ye listener thinks it's an absolute disaster. And then Marge is not really concerned at all. She looks at the newspaper and says, I'm my god, Springfield Dodge has too much inventory, Like she's Marge's an idiot.
Speaker 3: I guess I get the feeling. Marge is trying to check out of the of the whole political thing.
Speaker 1: So it's not Marge doesn'tunderstand. She's just doesn't want She's just overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: By it and just wants some like me. Yeah, I've been God, there's too much political content. I just want to watch Nadi Fiance the UK version.
Speaker 1: Preference if you make.
Speaker 3: Because there's a saying I forgot the exact title or position that you've heard of Steve Bannon. You know that guy. Yeah, he talked about that notion of flooding the zone with shit, which is a political strategy that's I think a toilet. Yeah, well, I think it's been around a lot, but Putin certainly used it, and now they're using American politics where you just flood the media with so much information, a lot of it conflicting, and some of it coming from like one source. It's like one source will throw contradictory information just to get people confused. And then when you've got someone coming through like trumple say I'll do this. Oh wow, he's talent like it is, and he's speaking to me because I'm confused. But this guy's providing a solution. He's not trying to baffle me with facts and figures and hyper loot and stuff. He's just gonna down. I'll take that guy.
Speaker 1: He always does this.
Speaker 3: Well, but you're right exactly, Well, that's my political When I run for office, it'll be like I'm guy Davis. Wow, seems like a political strong man. Vote one guy.
Speaker 1: But Ma says he's just going to have faith in the wisdom of the average voter. They all walk in saying I did the wig. I did the wig. Lisa says he can't be president because a he's too stupid. I thought that was not very nice, but that's true. And being president you have to be at least thirty five. Bhamed, I say, here, being president's easy. You just gotta point the army and shoot. But he says, she's not about She says you have to be thirty five. And they goussie the Patriot Act. And if this felt like I did, I didn't understand it. I'm not gonna lie, but it felt like their way of just trying to write themselves out of a hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also sort of not being on the right side of history. But I think for a while around this period it was like, oh, if we mentioned the patriotarcht that's kind of shows Oh we're against it. Oh they've introduced the Patriarch, Shame on them. That's what it felt like. It felt like a bunch of a collection of buzzwords.
Speaker 1: And then this next bit of the Republican meeting, we got cat Chocular Birch, Barlow so it's agreed we cancel the rest of the primarias and offer the GOP nomination to this Niehei want wit.
Speaker 4: Myra is already gushing for this Wigham credit.
Speaker 1: Do you have bats in your bell? Free? They don't even let him use big boy scissors. Sure he's a little green, but uh, you know, sure was George Jobbedia Borsh and look how great the he but at least he won the second name.
Speaker 2: Assumingly he don't find those ballot boxes and allho.
Speaker 3: This is all very inside baseball.
Speaker 1: It's way too inside baseball for the Simpsons. This this is so dated, all this stuff, but now at Traded Earth's organic market. This here was a shit show, absolutely so the scienceist cellar by close enough Democratic Party meeting.
Speaker 3: Where you've got Hank sort of recycling his voice for a birdcage.
Speaker 1: But also, yeah, he's like the Springfield's gay character now and he's already got his assless sparkle tucks clean for the inauguration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's also a play on the Areana Huffington characters Mike Huffington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he came out as gay. Their marriage ended and he came out as gay, so it's like I don't know satire, but as I read a review of this and the person pointed out, this is your gay representation now, viewers on the Simpsons. This guy, this is who.
Speaker 3: Is representing you.
Speaker 1: It's like, what a downfall from homophobia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a nice round with John Waters there for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this this, this is this is what they really This is what the Simpsons ris and really think of you. I know it's all stereotypes, but I don't know, it felt like they were sort of getting back some sort of I don't know quality with the Remember when she was Patty and someone. When Patty got married, She's like, hell no, I like girls. And it's like, okay, she's of being gay. This guy here's just you stir it.
Speaker 3: Let's just move on and look, stereotypes certainly exists. There are probably many many Julios out there.
Speaker 1: You know. Sometimes I think you've gotta provide a bit of a counterbalance. So they say, with rough on the ticket, not sure how we'll block, but we will. That's what the Democratic Democratic Party is all about. So this whole episode is about shitting on everybody. I guess it really is.
Speaker 3: And look, we've had a previous episode where you know, the elephant sort of charges through both like, yeah, we're evil, the Republicans are Evil's.
Speaker 1: Like, we can't go that's averone. That's all you needed. Yeah, that was like what a five second gag? Yep. And now the American politicans in a way that this episode simply does not brockmanand does the news report from Wigham compound and he's the most charismatic Charles and Drew Barramore. A fire startered when she got mad. They got burned. So they say which party you got to go for? And he says, I thought that was not a bad line though, where Chief Wigham's saying there's two parties. You can go to one's guard an elephant, one's going to dunk it. These are the symbols, yes, both parties. He chooses Almo and his shoes. Yes, and they think that he means Republican. And Wigan will have all all.
Speaker 3: That part about name checking, Oh you mean almost such, and that's like, oh yeah, someone's got access to Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: Fuck you, yes, fuck you. No one knows who you're talking about. So Wigan, will you go for a debates to go? We're gonna sort this out down in the library or whatever. Then Barlow and Johnson sneak into Wigham's house and Ralph then randomly out of nowhere, decides, oh, wait a minute, I'm not an idiot anymore. I'm actually smart. I'm going to use them to make America great again, and only the only Boom members will be in in our pants. And Liz is like, I like the idea of that. He's like, you'll be my first lady. Yeah, let's do it, Ralph. And then we get the commercial for Ralph and his campaign and Lenny saying, oh, oh like Ralph, and Clinton says I'm going to vote for Ralph as well, don't tell you know who, and there's a footage of him sitting on the Lincoln statue on sitting on Lincoln's lap, I want this, I want that and a brighter future for America, and it's pick a winner as he's picking his nose.
Speaker 3: I think the way to wrap this up would have been, you have that episode where it's like they were rescued by let's say mo Okay, I don't know if Rosco Lee Brown is alive the Lovely Sting touring time of that actor, but get him back to say or someone like that to say, Ralph Williams campaign turned out to be, you know, a watershed moment in American politics. His you know, fresh glance is fresh take on uniting America actually brought the country together. Then someone realized he was eight years old, and we had to Lisa told you yeah, and then had with let's go what did I tell you? The end?
Speaker 1: You know what shits me is the fact that she is the one that pointed out he can't actually go for the candidate's candidcy, right, But then at the end she's like, I'll be your first lady. So what Yeah, I guess you're speaking symbolically, Lisa. Maybe who can tell? Who knows? I just assumed when it ended, I thought, okay, well we're going to get something wrap up during the credits. Nothing nothing, nothing.
Speaker 3: What do we learn, Bomber? What'd you learn from this episode? Dand it? I?
Speaker 1: What did I learn from this episode? That you'd probably look pretty good in some assless sparkle tucks?
Speaker 3: You're just learning this now?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think I'm your safe word, but I've already forgotten it. Always your safe word, Palamina, Palomina, I feel you know what it is. Viewers and listeners. I feel like that actually is a safe wood of yours because you came up pretty fucking quikly hot out the game.
Speaker 3: Uh what did I learn this episode that I don't really My knowledge of American politics and the American political process is sketchyr best.
Speaker 1: You can't let it from Twitter, then I don't know about it.
Speaker 3: But it's still better than that of the Simpsons Writer's Room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or in two thousand and eight. Anyway, seven good career is just done. Not a good episode, A shambles, A shambles. Yeah, I don't know what they're going for, e pluribus shambles forward. Your names will be all right, mister Davis. It is time for the Guy Davis New Name Championships. The current need to board stands at this in first position, we have Jared Hornby on twelve points, Adam Wolhouse on ten points, and in third position Kyle Muldoon Clever Kyle, and Phil Hawkins on seven points.
Speaker 3: Take it away, Okay, then one point goes to primary school color.
Speaker 1: He's klawing further away as Jared Hornby now on thirteen points. He's now three ahead of Adam. As we currently stands, you mess with the bull, you get the hornby two points goes to Wig the Dog. Oh, Jared Horney is now only one point he because that's Adam Wolhouse's gained the point is only one point behind.
Speaker 3: Now, welcome to the Woolhouse. We have fun and games, all right, And three points goes to Red Wigham and Blue Red.
Speaker 1: With Steve Roberts. And that's no, it's not his first one. He's now in five points. Well done, Steve Roberts's first three pointer.
Speaker 3: He's coming up. Yes, swish nothing at net exactly right. That's what i'mened the basketball, right.
Speaker 1: Nothing but nett. Yeah, I means swish, swish, swish swish. Yeah, so I always say swish. You can say swash tomato, tomato, swastika. Let's do not say that.
Speaker 3: Let's not say that.
Speaker 1: So Steve Roberts, well done with your three points. Don't forget guys to be a part of the Guy Devers New New Championship. Just got to be a supporter of ours on Patreon. We get access to the exclusive Discord Facebook community, one hundred hours of batus content, and so much more. But yes, this is has been our review of e Pluribus Wigham. I feel like it can only be up from here. You know what it is. It's the contrast of last week's eternal moonshine of the Simpson Mind compared to this. I mean that episode last week wasn't like a barn, but it was not the agressive set of all time. But compared to this ship show, Yeah, day and night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really.
Speaker 1: It just shows how can to be such a difference in quality week to week. Now it's the inconsistency. You go back to the classic Simpsons, you didn't the bad episodes were still good. The bad episodes now are real bad. Indeed, it's it's like Simpsons season nineteen is the Tom Hawkins of animated show. I feel like wats been pretty good. He's retired now, but back in the day though he was very consistent.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: One of those players wasn't. It's one of those players where if he missed his first show to go, you're like, oh, well he's fucked for the day.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It's true he had to keep the first one, but you know, next episode, Oh okay, I've been looking forward to get into this one and I haven't revisited it. Oh this is when it comes to most hated Simpsons episodes of all time. This is top three. Wow with viewers, right with fans. It's called that ninety show, right, written by our man Matt Salmon, who defends it like no other. I feel like I'm going to message Matt today right now. See even getting one to do the review with this, Oh, okay, then you're going to probably hate it. I remember liking it when I first watched it. I have not revisited it deliberately, so I wanted to go in with a season nineteen mindset. I want to I don't want to be comparing it to like a I don't want to watch a classic episode and then watch that and go, oh, it's not as good as the other one. We've just had an absolute shit show, so I feel like it can't be possibly as bad as this. But basically, in that ninety show, it's retconning Homer and Marge as if they were in university in the nineties. Right, But Matt someone always says it's not canon, like, it's just it lives in its own vacuum.
Speaker 3: Still, this has the potential to go way off the rail.
Speaker 1: I am looking forward to that ninety show. I'm going to literally message Matt and see availed. At least least we can just chat to and just get his thoughts to be sort of spliced it in. At some point you do that, I will do that for sure, all right? That ninety show will be the next episode of four Fingered Discount. I cannot wait for next week. It's gonna be fun, right, guys, think you again for listening to us here at four figure Discant and always supporting us. Remember you can continue to support us on Spotify or iTunes by rate and reviewing us Apple Podcasts as it's referred to as. Now, you can support us on Patreon for as little as just one dollar per month, which goes a long way to keeping the lights on here at the four finger Discount Network. Check out all our other shows we'll link for all of them, and the description of this podcast going down to south Park one about Friends The Office Talk has returned as well, which is an us to Powell's Pat and Katie. Check out that show and so much more. Mister Davius, any final words for those amazing listeners out there.
Speaker 3: Don't blame me. I voted for Dando s