Speaker 1: Happy Friday, Been and Skin Show, No Ben, No Skin Today.
Speaker 2: I'm Kevin.
Speaker 1: That's Christina ray Gilso you're a six to ten just one BFD tickets later on as well, but joining us now on the ninety seven point one the Eagle Hotline is a very special guest.
Speaker 2: Who do we have here?
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, this call is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's a brewery up there in Solina, Texas that two of the investors are Ben and Skin from the Ben and Skin Show.
Speaker 2: I know those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the time slot you're listening to right now, but neither one of those butttholes are here right now. So it's a much better show with KT and Christina. But I wanted to tell you guys that since the segment is sponsored by Rollertown Beer Works, there's no better place to be tonight than Rollertown Beer Works in Salina. It's starting at around six thirty or so Ben and me, I'm Skinned, we'll both be there and we're releasing our brand new ninety five proof single barrel Rye Whiskey. It's called Rye Hard because that's everyone's favorite Christmas whiskey and it's a limited edition. When they go, they go, and then Ben and I are going to host music Bingo starting at seven point thirty. We're gonna be on the mic for a good two and a half hours. We're going to be doing the Ben and Skin Show live in the brewery. You're not gonna be broadcast anywhere, and we're gonna be hosting music Bingo. So if you want to come and have fun, eat some smash burgers and some hot dogs, get you that limited edition whiskey. Maybe get you some cookies and cream war Daddy. We have cocktails, bring your dogs, bring your kids, hieing your hydror wives, hid your kids, all that. Come join us up in Solina. It's going to be an absolute blast.
Speaker 2: Can I ask a question? Yeah, man, how does music Bingo work?
Speaker 3: It's fun, dude. So we've got it categorized into six different categories. So like we have classic rock, modern hits, epic country that's selected by me Marty, music hits from the nineties, all that kind of stuff. And then you get a Bingo card for each style, you know, each category we're doing, and then the numbers get picked at random or the songs get picked at random. And if that song is on your card. You put your little marker on your Bingo card and then if you get five across, just like bingo, you yell musick bingo.
Speaker 4: Okay, but yeah, sorry, sorry to interrupt you, but you're not going to tell people the name of the song, right, like they just have to know it.
Speaker 3: So I've let me ask you guys this because I've seen it done or I've been at music Bingo when they do it both ways. Yeah, I'm of the mindset that we don't tell you the name of it, like maybe give you a hint. Well, you know. The other thing is is that most people just have Shazam on their phone.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Well that's cheating and that's lame. So if they want to be lame, let them be lame. But it's more fun when you're just trying. You're sitting there and you're trying to sing the song in your head, and then they stop the music.
Speaker 5: You're like, oh, crap, oh crap, it's way better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I totally agree. And then also like, I don't believe you play the whole song. No, I believe you play a portion of it, but I'm okay playing it through the first chorus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to let it go a little bit and then she's kind of read the room on when it's time to switch, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also I'm with you, dude.
Speaker 2: I think most.
Speaker 1: People understand the spirit of the game there that you know, pulling out your shozam is a nerd move because we're having a good time. No one wants to police if you're cheating or not, so just don't do that. I think people get that.
Speaker 3: I feel the same. And and if you win, you know, each round, like me and Ben'll bay you up here or something. But we're probably gonna do some raffles and some giveaways. You guys have been a Rollertown. We've done shows up there. It's the only place you can get the merch and then we do these like holiday deals. So I think today is like fifteen percent off merch or something. Maybe I'm making that up. I could look it up, but I don't want to take the time to do it. O.
Speaker 5: Katie said that yesterday. You're good.
Speaker 3: Okay, good Katie, And thank you for telling me that Katie did that.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Is the show is the show way better without the two of us.
Speaker 5: It's really fun.
Speaker 3: That was the most sheepish, meek, yet earnest and honest thing I've ever heard anybody say.
Speaker 5: It was my mic when I said it.
Speaker 2: Our thoughts are just unraveling.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Also, I will say you can get like the beers that you can't get in stores. Yeah, special selection type stuff and also not just beer if you have someone in your in your group that doesn't like beer. I mean, Rollertown has been known to make some special you know, little cocktails, holiday drinks and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got holiday cocktails because you know, we've got whiskey and we have vodka there, and so we have you know that we distill so that we have or that we source so that we have cocktails for everybody. And then you know, if you're not a drinker, that's all good. We got sodas and stuff too, and hot and here's the food truck and they're really good tasty smash burgers and dogs. So it's gonna be fun. I'm really excited. I've been on this kick. Man. I cannot stop drinking our beer that we did with Drowning Pool that check Logger called Revolution so good. It's so good. But I'm going to force myself tonight to drink something different. I have to break out yet.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, sorry, drowning pool. Yeah, well that sounds like you.
Speaker 1: Mike. You're having an F and party tonight at Rollertown. That sounds like a great time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody, come on out and join us. It's going to be fun. And don't take your ears off of the KT and Christina show on the Ben and Skin Show on ninety seven point one The Eagle, the Home of Rock. Now, everybody run out there and stick it in a jar of mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: You heard him stick it in a jar of mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: Jeff skidaway from the Ben and Skin Show telling you him and Ben are doing kind of a show tonight in a way that's really not recorded off air, probably uncensored, and it'll be fun.
Speaker 5: So I wish him a merry Christmas and thank him for everything. And he just hung up.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's about to get probably start drinking, So that's good.
Speaker 2: That'll be fun tonight.
Speaker 1: Music being go at Rollertown Beer Works in Salina, Texas. What I want to do here, Christina? A little bit of year in type material which.
Speaker 2: You're end Yeah, you're in.
Speaker 4: It kindly sounded like you're in for a second, do you have off the top of your head, bet.
Speaker 1: What was your favorite album of the year in music?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: God, no question, hands down Jack White's No Name album because he went back to like straight just rock, blues rock. I've listened to that album front to back so many times, and I can't tell you the last time I've listened to an album like that and just still love it every single time I play it.
Speaker 1: I love that album too. It was my number three album of the year, number three.
Speaker 4: If I'm ranking them, well, I will say this I did have. There was an album that came out about a month ago from another one of my favorite artists, Father John Misty Mark mahash mss Shanna. Yeah, is said it right, mahash Mashana. That song's really freaking good too. If you like Father John Missy, this is back to his earlier stuff. It sounds similar to that and that that's fantastic. But again, I didn't feel like it was fair because it only came out about a month ago.
Speaker 2: No, no, it is fair, though it was an odd release time.
Speaker 1: You don't see a lot of people doing like a Thanksgiving week no album, And I agree it's a good record.
Speaker 2: Your top my top two.
Speaker 1: Jack White was three two for okay, so number two for me as a band called the Last Dinner Party or as they're known in my household, my Sweaty Girls.
Speaker 5: I heard y'all mention this.
Speaker 1: The album is called Prelude to Ecstasy, and it's just fantastic. And I don't think that anyone who likes that Jack White album is just love the Last Inner Party album.
Speaker 2: But it's great.
Speaker 4: I think I know one song off of it, and you're right, it's the exact opposite.
Speaker 1: So called Center is really good. Three or four five songs, feminine urge, We'll see, there's many, you know. And also the album that I went back to the most. It's kind of how I end up going is like, what did I go back to the most? And that's how I helped form my There's a lot of stuff I like, like some of my bands I really love put out records, but Kings of Leon record, Can We please have Fun?
Speaker 2: It's so good and it got better over time, and they did it working.
Speaker 1: With the pop producer, which is a little strange, but it's got some really rocking songs on there.
Speaker 2: And I kept going back to it. So that tells me something.
Speaker 5: And I like those guys. I need to actually give that listen.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 1: It's really cool record. Our buddy Dandy put out a record the Silver Skylarks too. If you're trying to dance or something. Yeah, and that I was dope. And then my guy's man Man put out a record I love called Carrot on Strings and that sounds stupid and Man's wonderful. They don't have a bad record, So what's up? That's all you say that? But okay, what about this is a tough one right here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Movie?
Speaker 4: Yeah, movie was tough. I was trying to think of one. Hold on, hold on, hold on, I have one written down because movie and TV show were the toughest. Yeah, for me to kind of figure out and narrow down for the year. I have Civil War down from movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, I liked Civil War a lot.
Speaker 1: I have my problems with that movie, Like there's a couple of things that happened that I just didn't think needed to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did like that movie, but I just like that it was unique.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, we had so many sequels and things that just were redone this year, and I just like unique storylines of something that could actually happen, but I don't know. So, Yeah, Civil War was my movie of the year.
Speaker 1: I think I don't have a ton of movies this year, but I think the two movies I had the most fun in too. Of the Saturday Night Live movie, of course no one else saw it, but Deadpool and Wolverine was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it. So there's that TV shows.
Speaker 1: So show.
Speaker 5: I will say this last Survivor had.
Speaker 4: So many twists and turns and it was so good. I was literally at the end of it blown away. I was yelling at the TV screen. It's fantastic. Watched this last season of Survivor.
Speaker 5: If you haven't.
Speaker 4: Already, you will love it. Even if you have never watched Survivor in your life. Watched this last one. It's so damn good. But the Penguin.
Speaker 2: Penguin, Yes, when was my top TV show? The pink one was great?
Speaker 1: It did not okay, it made my top three, And I'm like, you're including Survivor. I would put Saturday Not Live in there because this season has been pretty perfect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the fiftieth season, Yeah, anniversary.
Speaker 1: Usually though they have a bad episode here and there, and they haven't yet. Fargo season five, which it was January February, but it's gonna it's gonna crack the list for me.
Speaker 2: Fargo season five to John.
Speaker 5: Ham season Yeah, the hard hard man for hard times, hard man for hard time. Well, okay, I didn't realize that was this year. That's how yeah year has been. I would have added that as well.
Speaker 2: Liked mister and missus Smith too. A little fun went on Amazon.
Speaker 5: See so many I've forgotten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, and you know what, I'm still working on season two shrinking on Apple's great.
Speaker 5: That one's a little slow for me.
Speaker 1: It's uh, season two is way better okay than season one.
Speaker 2: Okay, in my opinion. It's TV shows whatever. A couple of news things that you might have forgot about, Okay, all of them, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did want to focus January fifth, the door plug on the plane that last Airlines flight fell.
Speaker 2: At the start of the start of all the Boeing s.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also in January fifth, though naked Alabama man jumped into the tank at the Bass pro shop.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 5: I remember the memes from it. It was amazing video.
Speaker 2: The guy's the smallest penis. It was so good.
Speaker 4: Someone did the Nirvana never Mind cover with him instead.
Speaker 5: It's so good.
Speaker 1: February twelfth, Crowley Man's monitor lizard went missing and he issued a cry for help to the public. And I recently texted him last week and he told me that he found it in his backyard, but it looked like someone had tossed the bloated body over the fence.
Speaker 5: Oh no.
Speaker 1: February twentieth, a coyote got euthanized after it bit three kids at the Central Park in Arlington. Remember that story. Yeah, another story. Obviously, the eclipse happened. That was interesting. This year you had the big rat beef in May with Kendrick Lamar and Drake.
Speaker 2: I thought it was pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: Scottie Scheffler, our guy getting arrested at the PGA Championship.
Speaker 2: That was a wild day.
Speaker 1: And it turns out he was charged with felony for assaulting a police officer with the vehicle.
Speaker 2: And it turns out, you see that he really didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 5: It was just confusion.
Speaker 2: It was confusion.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: May twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: The most damaging power outage storm in Dallas County happened. Straight line wins, just knocking over stuff, took out a tree in my back.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. I was out of town for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not supposed to fly back, but our flight kept getting delayed because here was insane chaos here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe you remember.
Speaker 1: June eleventh when Kevin Costner was awarded this key of the City to Irving.
Speaker 4: Who could forget that? Celebrate that. I'm gonna celebrate that again next year.
Speaker 2: MAVs to the finals. It was cool.
Speaker 1: June twenty fourth, the Hawk to a Girl goes viral. Could never forget that.
Speaker 5: Six months of Hawk to a Girl.
Speaker 1: June twenty seventh, Trump and Biden have their debate and they start talking about who's better at golf. That was a weird part of it. I didn't understand that. And then July thirteenth, that's when Trump got shot. Like that was wild, And then like eight days later Joe Biden dropped out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but a lot going on there.
Speaker 1: September tenth, they've rolled with the social media to announce he'd fathered a child outside of his marriage. Tember tenth, Trump versus Kamala. They're eating the dogs. Yep, we remember that. H did he arrested? September sixteenth, You Know What. October twenty eighth, Trayvon Diggs versus wfa's Mike Leslie, The D's Nuts Fight, Mike Tyson, Jake Paul Mean, what a year? I mean, I'm leaving out a ton of stuff.
Speaker 5: I mean the stuff you mentioned. It's it's been a long year.
Speaker 2: Some things you might have forgotten.
Speaker 5: Oh so I think some of those should be forgotten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get ready for the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: We've got my Celebrity Death song coming up at five point fifty to twenty twenty four. Celebrity Death Song and coming up next. List to this today A game for December twenty twenty four, right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle