Speaker 1: This episode is cool.
Speaker 2: What's up, guys? Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are watching season one, episode four, Daddy Robot and talking about how we feel about it now three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It sure will.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 3: The Blue Podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Our email address.
Speaker 3: Blue Podcast at gail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store timestamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free for just one dollar a month via Patreon and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are. We appreciate you guys so much.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching Daddy Robot.
Speaker 1: Bye Daddy, Yes, smile stop.
Speaker 2: Stella, could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: Bluey and Fingo are collering on the playroom floor and Chili walks in and tells them that they need to tidy up their toys. They say that they don't want to, but Chili tells them that there's no way around it, so they decide to go and ask Daddy Robot if he will clean the playroom for them.
Speaker 2: Stella, let me ask you something. Did that playroom look like it needed to be tidied up?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: There were toys everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty messy, Amanda. Did that bring back any memories for you?
Speaker 4: It sure did. There were so many times that these kids would be just playing and playing and playing, and stuff would be everywhere, but they were always having a good time.
Speaker 2: When the girls went to ask Daddy Robot, I thought it was really cool that bandit immediately got on board with what they were doing and settled into character, Amanda, what was he doing with them?
Speaker 4: The girls asked Daddy Robot to follow them to the playroom because they needed him to do something for them. But then they stopped and said, wait, wait, wait, no carrious to the playroom. And so he did as they wished, and he picked up Blue first and then Bingo, and then Bingo tells him that he needs to robo boogie to the playroom, and he had won in each arm, and he boogied his way to the playroom with them both.
Speaker 2: What does he call them?
Speaker 4: Daddy Robot calls Blue and Bingo both his masters.
Speaker 2: When they get to the playroom, they tell him what his task is going to be.
Speaker 1: Daddy Robot, wait, wording you?
Speaker 3: He could kind of them to serve my Boster's is the harghest honor.
Speaker 2: He's busy picking up and the girls think that they have really stumbled on a genius plan. Henry, what did they do?
Speaker 3: Blue and Bengo were relaxing on this couch and they were talking about how awesome it is, and then they said, you know what, how about we just never tie up the playroom ever again? And then they asked Daddy Robot, does he understand what they're talking about. He said, yes, and then he started recalculating his objectives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Daddy Robot had to recalculate what he was going to do, and he came up with a solution that, quite frankly, I thought made a lot of sense from a very logical perspective. Henry, what was his plan?
Speaker 3: Daddy Robot is saying that he'll throw him in a wheelie bin because they're always the ones making the mess, So then if they can't make a mess, the playroom be tidied up forever.
Speaker 2: That seems pretty solid logically, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen the movie Terminator? Yes, I feel like this is the basis of the entire Terminator franchise.
Speaker 4: I don't remember a Daddy Robot and the Terminator, though, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be buck Stella. The girls see Chili and tell her what's going on, and they ask her for help. What are they doing?
Speaker 3: They ask her to hand them the spray bottle she's using the water the plants so that they can spray Daddy Robot. They spray him in the face, and whenever they do that, he starts to malfunction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a whole routine he does. He says syntax error and starts doing all sorts of stuff and he gets confused. Stella, what does he think Bluie is?
Speaker 3: He thinks Bluie is a vacuum cleaner and then a banjo?
Speaker 2: Amanda, what did you think of Bandit's banjo imitation? When he was singing banjo music?
Speaker 4: I thought it was spot on. Yeah, it was excellent.
Speaker 2: Bingo is trying to save her sister and she is yelling that is not a banjo, that's my sister. But Daddy Robot gets confused about her too, Abanda, what happens?
Speaker 4: He looks at Bingo and says, hey, didn't I fold you up in the laundry this morning? You know how did you get out? So he grabs her and starts folding her up and trying to put her back in the laundry basket.
Speaker 2: I love how much fun Bingo has with these things. Like earlier on in the episode when she said I love Daddy Robot when he was going crazy with them taking him out to.
Speaker 4: The she was definitely giggling a lot, having fun.
Speaker 2: He gets her folded up and then turns to see that something has escaped Amanda, what is it?
Speaker 4: It was a guinea pig, he said, a guinea pig has escaped, and it was Bluey Henry.
Speaker 2: The girls really needed to come up with a plan before Bandit put blue in a guinea pig cage. What did she come up with?
Speaker 3: She came up with the plan of getting mom packed like she's a mommy robot to distract a daddy robot so then they can press his nose to turn him off.
Speaker 2: Hello, shee's and crackers. You're the most beautiful robot I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: You are too kind.
Speaker 2: Did the mommy robot decoy seem to work on him?
Speaker 3: He at worked?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was pretty happy with that, wasn't he.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, I think that would probably work on me too. If you guys ever needed to distract me, you just send your mom and to be like, oh, well, hello, they're handsome blah blah blah, and I'd be like, wait, what was going on?
Speaker 4: And then you guys could sneak more cats into the house or dogs.
Speaker 2: None of those things are happening. Not a one of those things. Just forget it.
Speaker 4: Just one cat at least two dogs.
Speaker 2: When ben It was trying to tell Chilli what his name was, it went off the rails. My name is Daddy Robe. That was a little odd. Please pretend I didn't just do that.
Speaker 5: It is hard to unsee something like that.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've probably done things, Amanda, that I wish you hadn't seen, and that you probably wish you hadn't seen as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, things happen, they do.
Speaker 2: Indeed, it's okay. They managed to push Daddy robots nose and I love the quote he says that he's cursed to depart having only just known her beauty. What a casanova he is. Man when he's on the floor, they're really really feeling bad for him now, Poor.
Speaker 3: Daggy the book.
Speaker 4: Who Bandit?
Speaker 2: I love that we all laughed at that so much at the exact same time. That made me happy. They're trying to fix Daddy Robots, Stella, what is going on?
Speaker 3: Chili was saying that daddy robots usually don't just go crazy like that, and Binga and Bluie decided to admit that it was their fault and then told him that daddy Robots try their hardest to do things the easiest way possible.
Speaker 4: Just like kids.
Speaker 2: I just want to say something here on behalf of Daddy robots everywhere that the most efficient way doesn't necessarily mean easy, like you're taking a shortcut. Efficiency is efficiency. And I think Daddy Robot was really thinking outside the box or inside the beIN rather, I guess, is what he was really thinking. Do you think that's true, Stella, that Daddy's try to find the easiest way of doing things. Yeah, geez, you could have at least pretended like you had to think about it for a second. When he wakes up, he says he thought he saw a robot angel and then asked what his orders were, Amanda. What did the girl tell him?
Speaker 4: The girls told him that he just needed to sit back and relax, and he asked them if he was doing it the right way as he was sitting in the chair, and Bluey told him yes. But normally when one person relaxes, they close their eyes too, So he did that and then here comes mom Robot.
Speaker 2: He had never relaxed before, is what he said. Yeah, it made me think of you, because I feel like you're the worst at relaxing out of all of us.
Speaker 4: I get to relax sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amanda is a go getter. She really really is. The girls say that they should just both relax together and that they are going to straighten up the room, and Bandit says something that, honestly, I would think the exact same thing, Amanda, what was it?
Speaker 4: Bandit or robot? Dad asked? Is this a robo dream? And Obo mom says, well, then kiss me before you wake up.
Speaker 2: That is just what kids do whenever they see you having a nice moment as a couple when you're adults, and they decide they needed to throw a wrench into it or something. At least they weren't acting like they were grossed out. I thought that was nice. Yeah, and that was the episode. Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anyone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 3: I know, if you have kids, just throw them in the wheelie bin and then the house will always be clean.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: I think you could have used that when me and still were kids. I think they could still use that for you now.
Speaker 2: Easy.
Speaker 4: I think what we learned from this episode is don't try to put your responsibilities off on others.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's fair. I think that was the whole lesson Bandit was trying to teach the girls is that you trying to put your responsibilities off on me is going to result in this consequence of me antagonizing you NonStop when the ultimate goal was to get them to do it, And it took this whole game, which happened to be fun at least because we've had many a thing in here with each other and these kids, where if you would have just done what I asked you to do in the first place, we could have avoided a lot of turmoil. Yes, how about you, Stella, did you learn anything?
Speaker 3: I think Mom is right. I think it's about not avoiding your responsibilities.
Speaker 2: I was kind of leaning towards Henry being right, but really I do think that's it, the idea that you shouldn't shirk your responsibilities. But then also when the girls were trying to get Bandit to do what they wanted and then sprayed him with water to stop him when they deemed his behavior out of hand, it broke him. And I'm putting that in air quotes, and I realized the people listening can't see it. But the thing was, not only did they avoid their responsibilities, they also hurt somebody else in the process, and that might not mean that they broke Daddy Robot, but maybe you hurt somebody's feelings or do this or that all while trying to avoid what it is you're supposed to do. It all kind of piles up. So they had the understanding that they were supposed to have done this thing, but then also the guilt of breaking Daddy Robot, because I think Bingo genuinely felt bad for what they had done to him, because his bad behavior was their fault.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 4: I know you said this earlier, but I liked how bandit when the girls went to him to say, hey, Daddy Robot. It was great how he instantly went into Daddy Robot mode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a character. His whole process of gathering his thoughts for a minute and then getting into the role was very good. Yeah, he's a good dad. Those sorts of things are fun. I've had a lot of fun with these kids over the years, doing goofball things like that.
Speaker 3: I liked how the girls came around at the end and started feeling bad for Daddy Robot and wanted him to relax.
Speaker 2: I like that too. I thought that was sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were trying to make it up to him.
Speaker 3: I found the part funny to where diy Robot shut down there right after you nearly farted.
Speaker 4: Girl, you are still insure.
Speaker 3: He let one rip.
Speaker 2: I knew that part would speak to you. We all laughed, so don't pretend like you didn't laugh to still, did you hear me?
Speaker 3: I saw your face. You were kind of like I was judging you.
Speaker 2: Guys, Okay, okay. I enjoy seeing Bandit playing with the girls like this and using humor to delicately teach them a lesson spot on writing, SPA on acting, spa on parenting by Bandit. Yes, yes, and I totally totally sympathized with him being distracted by Mommy Robot, cheese and crackers is right. Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 4: The hell out?
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, everyone has to clap and go whoa, Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it, Ray.
Speaker 2: We have the best fans in the world and we love hearing from you guys. From the reviews and comments and emails, and voice messages. We listen to and read all of them, and we are so so thankful for you guys.
Speaker 4: We sure are. We appreciate you guys so much, and thank you for the five star reviews and the voice messages, and we just we're so so grateful and thankful for you guys. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at Spotify. We heard from Ray, Emily, Danielle, Maren Hannah, Jelly Grace, Julia, oscar leko Alex, who mentions the game Louie's Quest for the Gold Pen Henry. We're going to have to check that out. It's available for iOS right now and it will be out for Android just about any day. Right now, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gotta try that soon.
Speaker 2: We heard from Brittany, Pia, Skippy, Grant, Amar Sloan who said they relate with Bluuie and I totally understand that. I see a lot of things in this show that I relate to. We heard from Poe. We heard from someone whose account's name is just Kids, and they said, we like this, but Toby said it's for babies. Well, Toby, Blooie and our podcast are for people of all ages. We have lots of people who are grown ups that listen to our podcast and kids and everybody in between, don't.
Speaker 4: We We sure do.
Speaker 2: We also heard from We got some emails. We got a voice message from our friend Brandan.
Speaker 5: Greetings dinner with the Healers. This is your friend Brendan speaking to you once again. And believe me, I'm never gonna get tired of saying that. Anyway. I have another blue moment to share with you from the episode Sheep dog Man.
Speaker 3: Are you in there?
Speaker 5: Yes, Bluey, I'm in here.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry for whatever I did to upset you.
Speaker 2: You didn't do anything to upset me, sweetheart, Then why don't you want to see us? I do want to see you, but it can be hard work looking after kids. Sometimes moms just need twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: I don't understand you.
Speaker 4: Will one day, sweetheart.
Speaker 5: You know what. I do have to agree with Chili on that one. I guess it is never easy when looking after kids these days. It really is never easy. All right? Talked again soon, Bye bye, Brendon.
Speaker 4: It was so good to hear from you, and as always, you always pick a good clip from the show to send to us to share. And I have to say this episode really resonates with me because I totally understand ChIL. You know, it's a lot of work raising kids, but it's very rewarding and we love our kids so so much. But yeah, sometimes we just need a few minutes to ourselves just to kind of relax and kind of collect our thoughts and kind of just refresh before we get back to it. And so this is a really good episode that you picked to share a part of it with us, and we won't get tired of you saying once again either. Thanks so much much for your message, Brendan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love hearing from you. Brendan, You're awesome. You've been a really good friend to the podcast and we appreciate it so much. In that particular episode, I remember when we talked about it, it was tough for these kids to understand sometimes I just need a minute. You're just gonna have to give me a minute to calm down, especially when it's Mom. They weren't as surprised by me saying things like that, but with Mom, it was hard for them to understand. But when you're on all the time, every now and then, you need just a little bit of a break to regroup and sort of get it together and get back to it. But one thing I can say for sure about Amanda is that you're always resilient and always right back in it to win it. Oh.
Speaker 4: Thanks. Sometimes I would make up that I had to go to the bathroom just so I could get a few minutes.
Speaker 2: You absolutely here this whole time. I thought you had some sort of problem you need to see a doctor about. We got an email from Lucy Hi, Lucy, Hi, Lucy. We heard from River, who watches with their brother. Their favorite episode is Facey Talk because they like Muffin so much, and she is hilarious in that one.
Speaker 4: She sure is.
Speaker 2: Remember when these kids were littler and we would let them talk on the phone to one of the relatives and they wouldn't get how you're supposed to hold it up to your face and talk into the thing and want to nod. Do you guys remember that?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: We heard from viv We heard from Oliver. He is eleven and loves our podcast. Thank you, Oliver. And we got a voice message from Isaac Hi.
Speaker 3: Din Ruth the Healers.
Speaker 1: My name is Isaac, age seven and islef in Ireland. I'm going to share with you my favorite Blue episode today and.
Speaker 3: It is the Sign and I love your podcast.
Speaker 4: Bye, Hi Isaac, it was so great to hear from you. Thank you for sending us a message and we're so glad you loved the podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your message, Isaac. Yeah, thank you for your message.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for all of the kind words, the comments, the messages. If you would like to send us a voice message, ask your parents to help you record yourself on a phone, a tablet or a computer in email the audio file too. Estella, what is our email address? Again?
Speaker 3: Blue Podcast at Jim dot com.
Speaker 2: We love hearing from you guys. Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye guys, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: P l Intent in USA