Speaker 1: Hey, hey, everybody, welcome to Everything Is a Bitch Episode nineteen. I'm Mike Agavino here with my buddy aj Benza's up.
Speaker 2: Dude, Hey man, how are you well? I know how you are.
Speaker 3: We just spent an hour doing Relationships is a Bitch and now we'll do this show and then I'll do famous a bit. That's a big day, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of we just yeah, we just did the the Ukrainian Hour, which the Ukrainian Relationship Hour, which enlightening. You know who, who would have thought that Kamala Harrison Doug Emma Off were meant for each other and that is a relationship that is forever according to our expert.
Speaker 3: Would I also, I asked, I'll ask my listeners again today to come up with some relationship type questions and to email me.
Speaker 2: And we'll bring them to Arena on our.
Speaker 3: Show and she can give personal advice to people who listen that are part of our Orbit of podcast.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and please, if you haven't given relationships as a Bitch a try, please give it a try. Today we talked about an unbelievable technical leap. If she's able to do that the way that she's talking about doing it, which is basically real time specific therapy done with the help of artificial intelligence and delivered through an avatar of arena. So, you know, two o'clock in the morning, you're in a fight with your husband and you need some advice on the fly, you know, lock yourself in the bathroom and get on the app and fire away.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of like you said, it's on steroids when I went to AA and it's fine. I just didn't like it to keep going. It just got to be the same. I don't want to keep hearing stories about alcohol and how much people lost. It just puts me in a bad mood. But I never had a sponsor either. I'm not really doing it the way people do it. But when people have sponsors, and I have a lot of friends who have sponsors, they'll go on the phone any hour of the day and talk to that sponsor if they're having a rough time, if they want to drink, et cetera. Could you imagine if you don't have to call you a sponsor, and you just go to an app and your your sponsor is now an AI version of themselves and you can talk to them at any hour, anytime, Like you said, depending upon how great arenas will avatar will. Look, that's a what an impressive leap that is for for people.
Speaker 1: Everything about all of the services.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look about lawyers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, instead of six hundred dollars an hour going you're out your lawyer app I mean.
Speaker 1: You've already got all these legal documents. There are companies like legal Zoom, and there are other ones that you know, whether it's a will, whether it's a divorce, whether it's following your taxes. I mean, all of these systems that are using AI to make the process a lot easier. Well, taking it to the next level to where you're not just using the AI, you are like speaking to it like Kirk did to the computer from the bridge on the enterprise, just telling it what you need it to do. And you know, I need a I need a new will that has that takes my ex wife to zero and splits everything that would have gone to her to blah blah blah. I mean all of that kind of stuff. So I mean, we we tend to talk about AI from the negative side, all the things that scare us and all the stuff that could go really wrong. And there is a lot of stuff that's scary and could go really wrong, but it's also easy to see a lot of places where it could improve life. But at the same time, it's disintermediating professions in a in a big way. I mean, if things ever got to the point where in AI could prescribe medication, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, because we're not that far from that with what.
Speaker 1: We're talking about here. We're talking about and a source of artificial intelligence that could give relationship advice on.
Speaker 4: Fly Well, right, you know your's.
Speaker 3: Apply to tell of medicine now, so well, I want to listen on a similar topic. I've been making football picks against the spread all season, but I'm very selective. I don't play five games a weekend. I make believe Tutsi's handicapping. My dog is handicapping. She's fifteen with fourteen and no fifteen and three. After the last night's game, the Ravens won big fifteen and three. So what's the difference Later on in life or maybe next month, I can go to chat GPT or AI and ask why should I bet the Ravens or who do I bet with the Jets Steelers? And they're just gonna spit out a ton of information that makes my bet more enhanced or or gives me a better probability.
Speaker 2: That's fascinating to me.
Speaker 4: That's that's been done.
Speaker 2: For a long time.
Speaker 1: That's got to be going on right, Yeah, and forever it's been these handicappers, Yeah, that that have all the data crunched that Joe Blow isn't able to crunch. It's just like my I remember my father with the freaking racing form growing. My father would spend hours with that damn racing form before he went to the track. I mean yeah, and he knew, he knew how the horse ran in the mud.
Speaker 4: Hell, that horse ran in the dry track. But it's all of that ship where if I.
Speaker 1: Go to after a lot of track, it's to you know, I want to get drunk and you know, watch a couple.
Speaker 2: Of long shot. Yeah, yeah, I know. I know.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. It's changing everything, changing everything good or bad. It's changing.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, maybe the New York District Attorney can figure out a way to to use it so that some of the cases that they bring actually makes some freaking sense.
Speaker 3: But think about how many years we've heard and how many cents reason it's taken for animals and insects, fish to to adapt with.
Speaker 2: The world that they were in.
Speaker 3: Now we are the animal that's been adapting so quickly to all these changes in our lives that frankly our parents didn't have to go through, you know, I mean this, we're adapting at at warp speed constantly, all these new innovations that are that are sprouting up everywhere.
Speaker 4: It's scary or we're or we're not.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, if you don't, you're in trouble. You have to adapt or else you're going to fall to the wayside.
Speaker 1: You know, well, you know, until it until it becomes until these technologies become embedded in things that you use every day to the point that their existence is not transparent to you as an end user. So the eighty year old is using AI but doesn't know they're using AI because they don't have to understand how the AI works in particular context. I mean, that kind of stuff happened, but that's never what happens on the bleeding edge of new tech. On the bleeding edge, it's only the folks that really understand it well that are able to do anything with it. Right, So I don't know my father used to say. I mean he he would say, I bought a computer at a pretty young age, and you know, he would make statements like computer can't do anything that human can't do.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's right, dad, it.
Speaker 1: Can't, but it can do them like four hundred thousand times faster, faster.
Speaker 4: So isn't that valuable?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know.
Speaker 3: Time is the big commodity, you know. Trying to teach my brother in law's sister, Well, mainly my brother in law, Jack doesn't really get out of the house much.
Speaker 2: If he does, he takes his car and go someplace.
Speaker 3: When why I had to tell him that he needed to get an Uber? He was he didn't know what the hell was going on.
Speaker 2: Give me a phone.
Speaker 3: I'll put a Uber in your phone, giving him Uber and him watching. So you're telling me, I say where I am and the car shows up. No, yeah, I don't have to talk to anybody. No, what about my money? The credit cards? And you put the credit You're good? He was fascinated. Do I give him cash? No, you're good, it's all good. I just leave the car, leave the car. So that's one example of Americans or human beings having to adapt to changes. But this last one or not the last one, the most current one, AI is, I don't know what comes after that.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: Good question something. Yeah, of course the warp drive.
Speaker 2: Warp drive is a warp drive. Scary. I don't know what that is, but it's scary.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: You're not a track guy, are you.
Speaker 2: No, not at all? No, No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 1: Any sci fi series that you like.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite? Ultimei?
Speaker 2: Well, I like Black Mirror.
Speaker 3: Black Mirror is fascinating on Netflix because they really have episodes that mirror what's happening in the tech world, like the mechanical dogs that are now being used in earthquakes and ship that fascinates me. But no, I never watched Our Trek, never watched Lost in Space, Uh, David, The cubb X.
Speaker 2: Files not my thing, not none, none, No sci fi in my life.
Speaker 4: Nothing. When we were young, I.
Speaker 3: Read you know, I read Fahrenheit four fifty one. You know I did those things when we were younger, But ever since then, I don't care about sci fi.
Speaker 2: I don't care about it now.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The two worst topics in my life for sci fi and finance, Just to move on, they're.
Speaker 1: Kind of related because generally, if you like finance, you like sci fi.
Speaker 4: It's vice versa.
Speaker 1: So you wouldn't know what to do with the dilethium crystal.
Speaker 3: If you no, do you, I don't know idea what that even is?
Speaker 4: Can operate your warp drive without no.
Speaker 2: That's I'll just be calling you. You'll be You'll be getting messages from.
Speaker 1: Me calling Scotti and engineering what I what you'd be doing?
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I mentioned the attorney, the district attorney in New York because the first story I thought we should talk about giving the fact given the fact that he hails from West Islip, New York. Yeah, that jury's selection is kicking off this week. Kicked off this week for the trial of Daniel Penny. For those of you who don't remember, this is the former marine who was charged with fatally choking this homeless guy on an f train. I think it was in New York. The guy's name is Jordan neely Is the homeless guy. Groups of New Yorkers will face a series of questions and be grilled about their own experiences riding the New York Subway before twelve Manhattanits are ultimately chosen to decide Penny's fate. Penny, He's only twenty five right now, is charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide in Neely's death. The incident was caught on film and sparked debate across the country. The supposed similarities between this case and the George Floyd case have fueled drama as well. The incident occurred back on May first of twenty twenty three, so I think most people remember the story. Yeah, God, May first of twenty three, so it's a year and a half Agoah, And it doesn't seem like it was that long ago now.
Speaker 3: And the guy is from our hometown of Westland, West Isa kid Now, the story is fascinating in a lot of ways. When I was a journalist at the News, I covered the Bernie Gets situation where Bernie shot up those kids on the subway who were bugging him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: If you live in New York or have lived in New York, you totally understand how terrifying certain subways could be at certain times of the day or night.
Speaker 2: You want to avoid them at old costs.
Speaker 3: The people get molested, assaulted, killed, stab shot on subways. You can't look anybody in the eye what this guy did was saving the rest of the car from God knows what put the guy in the head luck, which he knows how to do.
Speaker 2: It's very simple. And the guy died because he kept it on too long. But he was even told the cops.
Speaker 3: Perry even told the cops, I took care of the guys, you know, I held him at bay, like he said that to the cops immediately. He wasn't hiding anything. He didn't try to kill the guy. Tried to keep everybody safe. But it's a real scary lesson because I'm normally the guy that would do what he did.
Speaker 2: I'm normally the guy that's.
Speaker 3: The first tick it up and smacks someone on a threaten them or grab them if they're bothering people. But now you go, do I do this anymore? I could easily end up in prison when the justice system is so warped right now that they may look at me and think that, yeah, I tried to kill this guy. I mean negligent homicide that makes sense. I'm not sure about manslaughter, but this guy shouldn't serve a day in prison.
Speaker 4: It's a New York jury.
Speaker 1: But I mean, look, this be a really interesting test because normally I'd say New York jury, it's going to be ten out of twelve, maybe eleven out of twelve liberals on that jury. This guy is a conservative guy from the military. It does have a lot of the parallels to the George Floyd case.
Speaker 4: And you know, ridiculous, man, it is ridiculous. But I just.
Speaker 1: I think this is one where I'm gonna say I have enough faith in a New York jury because they at least eight of those regularly ride the subway. Right, eight out of those twelve are going to be regular subway riders who know the kind of craziness that goes on the subway. If they were on that car that day where that thing happened, they would have been really thrilled to find Dann Kenny riding that in that same car with them on that f train. And so hopefully you know that that that that comes to the forefront here.
Speaker 3: Otherwise I've lost. Otherwise, I don't have a lot of faith in New York now is this city.
Speaker 2: It's changed so much.
Speaker 3: I never thought i'd live a day where I didn't care for New York City, but I feel that way about it now. But there's got to be one more sympathetic jury that understands and have have ridden the subways to know that that guy's a hear, he's not a murderer. Come on, man, If they don't do it, if they don't find this guy innocent, I've lost. New York is completely dead, just completely dead, because all New York wouldn't have done that, not once.
Speaker 1: Well, here's an interesting subplot. The The guy that's defending Penny. His attorney is Thomas Kenneth, who actually ran against Brag for me that das. He's the rest that ran against Bragg back in twenty twenty one. Now, I don't know if I doubt that Bragg is actually the one trying this case.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't see in any of the articles that I looked at it would that would be that would be surprising. But there's certainly a I'm sure there's there's bad blood between ken If and the DA's office and vice versas. So sure going to be more more at play here than just defending Penny and and telling the story.
Speaker 3: Well, like I said, if you lived in New York, you know exactly what that's like to be scared on a subway, and justice has to be served here. But again, New York is so fickle with the types of progressive people we have running the city of the state that this could go either way.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. It's a confined incident. So the you got witnesses, and they're all know, they were all known to police, they all gave statements originally, and so it's I don't know what the surprises could be. It's here are the people that here are the cops that showed up, and here's the cops that took his his testimony. Here's the witnesses. From what I remember, nearly all of those witnesses were pro Penny in the in the wake of this thing, I do remember there being one who was out there a little bit on it. But but again, you know, brag won eighty three percent of the vote in that and the case for DA so very who the heck knows.
Speaker 3: Well, But it sounds because what you're gonna lose. New York and other cities got a run by progressives. A guy like me who wants to protect a bunch of people, even if it means putting me in harm's way. I'm that kind of guy. I come from that kind of father. I don't know if guys like Gus are gonna want to get involved anymore.
Speaker 2: Not scary, No, it is it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, this guy, this guy is a is a legitimate hero. And look, I you and I have talked about the setting in in Minneapolis and everything that he with void and I mean, it's we don't need to go back there again.
Speaker 3: But uh, you know, changed changed, It changed America. But more than an people could even understand there should have been a.
Speaker 4: Change of venue for U for that for that trial. But absolutely, let's uh.
Speaker 1: Let's do uh, let's do something a little bit more fun. Let's talk about Trump working at Mickey D's.
Speaker 3: Well, here's why I loved it because it showed him. It showed a light side of him that a lot of people on the left don't think is something he has, what she does.
Speaker 2: It showed a generous side of fun, side of light side.
Speaker 3: And you've got Kamala Harris raising her voice at rallies and saying things that I think are ridiculous, and there's Trump. The most liberals could say of the left is saying is like, can you believe you wore that shirt with the cufflings to start fries. Really, are you upset about the shirty waters to move fries? You know that that's McDonald's is a close McDonald's. All right, So what all of Kammelin, Doug's and Tim Wall's visits to gas stations were.
Speaker 1: They supposed to do it at an open McDonald's, Like, I know, he's what kind of a freaking security risk?
Speaker 4: Would that a bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This this other thing?
Speaker 3: You know why he's only been only been shot once an attempted to be shot twice. Let's bring him out again in a dangerous situation. Uh No, it was fun. It was good because we're seeing another side of him aside that I've known always existed, but other people don't.
Speaker 2: I know, a side of him that you know.
Speaker 3: I've been told by people close to him that the woman that we both dated would tell me he's very funny. You have no idea he's a lot like you. He does crazy shit, He's silly. I couldn't see that twenty third, twenty five years ago. Now I say it talking about Arnold Palmer's manhood. You know, he's just showing himself to be a regular guy, which a lot of people don't think he is, but he is in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: It just is.
Speaker 1: Look, I thought it was the ultimate roll, the ultimate trol. You lied and told people you worked at McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Is bullshit.
Speaker 1: You how we know it's bullshit. There's no you never said it before. It was never a part of any of your other campaigns going backwards. This suddenly was injected into your resume during this election.
Speaker 4: Right if.
Speaker 1: If there ever was a time that you were going to come out and prove that you had worked at McDonald's, it would be in reaction to Trump saying that he just worked fifteen minutes more than you did at McDonald's. If you wanted to slam the door shut on your integrity and whether you were honest about your claims working in McDonald's, that was the time to do it. You haven't done it. You haven't done it because, let's face it, you never worked at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Otherwise that picture will be posted within seconds of Trump at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: She can't do it.
Speaker 1: And this is the kind of stuff. See, I'm getting amped. It drives me nuts, It drives me freaking crazy.
Speaker 4: Walls.
Speaker 1: I was at Tianneman Square, I worked at McDonald's all of this shit, it's bullshit.
Speaker 4: I know who you are is who you are.
Speaker 1: It's it's the who's the.
Speaker 4: Parcels?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You know you are who your record says you are. You are who your freaking record says you are.
Speaker 4: And what Trump.
Speaker 1: Should do next is he should go to the neighborhood in Montreal and the school in Montreal where she actually fucking grew up. Not Oakland, California, but go to where she actually freaking grew up and take a look at who she went to school and what her life was like and compare that to who she says she is out in the campaign trail anyway, I'm AJ's probably dying because no, what are you doing.
Speaker 3: You're not good, You're not put Trump. But you should be anti Kamala for this bullshit.
Speaker 1: I am in this particular instance, I am pro Trump for a fucking just a master class.
Speaker 4: Troll on the bullshit.
Speaker 1: That she has spewed. It's a it's a freaking ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now the Arnold Palmer stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just so fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, yes, it's I know it's not called for, but yet, you know what if Obama can make fun of the size of Trump's manhood. In one of his speeches a few weeks back, Trump can't talk about this story about Arnold Palmy's not making fun of Barack Obama's manhood. So it's it works both ways. If you thought it was funny, Barack did it and what a genius he is. Then Trump's related story that was, who cares?
Speaker 2: This is no?
Speaker 1: Look, I don't I don't think. I don't think it. I don't think it would that it hurts Trump one iota.
Speaker 4: It's he's a guy's guy.
Speaker 1: Look, how much of our lives, ten percent of our lives between you, me and Kenny's been spent talking about someone's penis. I mean, it's just it's what we freaking do.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Last week we talked about Richie Pepiel. What's Pepio's first name, Mike Pepio. Way, you're a low We know the guys at school who hung well, we shall with them.
Speaker 2: We're in the same ball fall clubs.
Speaker 1: Every person Kenny has ever met in his life has a nickname based upon their penis.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just it's the way.
Speaker 1: And that's that's Trump being a guy and again doing the and that's fine.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And and by the way, there's nothing at this point.
Speaker 4: You either love him or hate him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's very little in between. But if you're one of those two three percent of the population with two weeks left that are that are teetering, and you think through this McDonald's thing, and you think through.
Speaker 4: What it really what it really means.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was funny games and trolling, but what it The purpose was to drill into your head that this woman lies constantly. Trump's lies are mostly lies of omission because he doesn't know the whole story.
Speaker 2: And exaggeration.
Speaker 1: But it's it's it's again, guy's guy doing that sort of stuff versus somebody trying to convince you they are someone completely different than.
Speaker 4: Who they are.
Speaker 1: She is whiter than Trump. It's it's insane and and and like I said, the next move should be to go to that neighborhood and we all and go to that school and just make it perfectly clear who this woman is versus who she claims to be.
Speaker 3: And on top of that, when Trump is maligned in the press, He's got a couple of sons, a daughter, what have you. Even his wife will speak up for him and tell the public that's not true about my father, my husband, et cetera. Kamala Harris has nobody her mother and father. If my daughter was running for president and they said she never worked at such and such store, I'd find a reporter and hold the press conference and say I drove my daughter to that job for X amount of months or weeks or years she worked there. No one sticks up for her in her corner. No one stands up and says, yeah, that's true, my daughter did work there. Wouldn't you do that as a parent. That's weird to me. But she's got no backup. And and just if I could go a little further, you got hot, I'm gonna get hot. They're giving Trump a lot of shit. Let's focus on who Kamala Harris is with the other day al Sharp then the ultimate race Bader in the world. I know out very well. I know him since the Towanna Browley case. That bullshit shit, that lie. She's got Usher campaigning for her, Usher who was unfortunately sexually abused by P Diddy and then allegedly abused Justin Bieber. Usher, he's up there stumping and Lizzo, who's in burled in her own sex assault case with backup dancers saying she forced them to take part in a live sex show. These are the people you wheel out for what to make you seem more of a regular per It's shit. The whole thing is a circus of people being clueless and lying and not being real. And Trump at McDonald's, as much as it looks ridiculous of him being the other billionaire, it was for a different purpose. And I love the interaction with the people who waited hours to drive through that drive through the crowd there was bigger than her crowds to get McDonald's and to see them talk to him. Mister Trump, please don't happen. Please don't let America turn into my country Brazil. Please don't let don't worry. We're gonna fix it.
Speaker 2: People crying, You're not ordinary, you're great. But look at you.
Speaker 3: You're a beautiful wife, You've got all That interaction is real.
Speaker 2: Kamala can't do it. It's always phony.
Speaker 1: People have to see that he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was, he did. She's a beautiful woman, very beautiful. Yeah, I know, I know. My other job is a un president. My other cars at rolls. Rice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can't stop he loves women, and he's just always going to be that way. But in the last ten years, nine years, I've seen him love children in a way that I didn't think he had in him. I've seen him hold people's kids. I've seen him become a grandfather. And there's a different side to Trump now than there was years back. Uh. You know me, I just think he's got this victory easy. I don't think it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna go close to I do, you can't. I don't care. This is not going to be close.
Speaker 3: The swing states are going to go to him, almost all will go to him, maybe one. I don't think this is close at all. Mike, I have too much faith in the American public knowing a bullshitter and knowing we're not as.
Speaker 2: Well as we were four years ago. It's just comes down to that. But it's just it's.
Speaker 1: Easy to don't have that confidence.
Speaker 2: Most people don't. I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's I think these I think these pulling outlets have you know, fixed a lot of the problems that they that they had in the past with tracking Trump's voters. And and I think this is, uh, this is going to be a really really tight uh.
Speaker 4: And and look.
Speaker 1: That's the the I hope it's Look, if Trump lost, I hope he loses in a blowout. If he if he has to lose, and and if he wins, I hope he wins in a blowout because a really really tight race that lingers for days after election day is a really scary proposition. And I just hope we don't get in to that. And you know, to me, if you said, Mike, you can only have one of these things. Either Republicans win the Senate or Trump wins the presidency, but not both. I'm taking the Senate. Really, I'm taking the freaking Senate because it will they will be able to stand opposed to any of the bullshit that that that she tries to come at them.
Speaker 4: She that's her idea.
Speaker 1: But but but look, certainly you could see you could see him winning and Republicans taking both houses. You could see her winning the Democrats taking both the houses. Who the f knows, there's so much drama built into this thing, and the polling is so close.
Speaker 4: Who they hell knows.
Speaker 1: Let's let's go to something that we can control, at least that somebody controlled. I love this story. I hate why it had to happen. But the story of the Redneck Air Force.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, man, love you guys.
Speaker 1: Ninety five people, I guess have as of yesterday been officially declared dead, but there are over one hundred that are still missing in the mountains of North Carolina where Helene dropped the historic rainfall that flooded the area and destroyed a bunch of a bunch of.
Speaker 4: Towns up there.
Speaker 1: The federal response to the disaster has been broadly criticized, and certain people took it upon themselves to help the desperate people in this remote area. Hundreds of Special Ops personnel in North Carolina have formed their own homegrown rescue and supply operation after they grew tired of waiting for the federal government to get its act together. The all volunteer operation is being run out of a Harley Davidson dealership with ruthless efficiency and military precision. Here's a quote from Adam Smith, the guy who started this. Who's an ex Green Beret? He said, Who's FEMA? This disaster has definitely proven, without a shadow of a doubt, FEMA's incompetence and incapability, he said, noting that the agency didn't even show up until Thursday, almost a week after the storm hit. Unwilling to stand idly by, Smith enlisted the help of a few good men and women to take matters into their own hands. This Harley Davidson Dealership has become the operating base, complete with a fleet of thirty five helicopters that have flown hundreds of rescue and reconnaissance missions and resupply sorties in the area. Organizers were calling the effort the Savage Freedom's Relief Operation, but Smith says they proudly adopted an alternate moniker, the Redneck Air Force. The dealership teams with current and former soldiers decked out in camel pants and army boots, with handguns strapped to their chest and hips, crop duster pilots, helicopter tour guys, and special operations pilots, most of them off duty or retired military, have answered the call from Smith and others in North Carolina's extensive military community. They're using their own aircraft to fly doctors, medicine generators, fuel and food to these isolated residents that were cut off to the rest of the world by the unprecedented floods, Surprise, and fuel for an operation of this magnitude don't come cheap, but the group has relied entirely upon donations, including around one hundred and ninety thousand dollars that's been raised through this Skilfundme page. The well Oiled Machine began when Smith, who's forty one years old, was unable to reach his daughter or her mother in a hurricane hit Broad River, which is located between the devastated communities of Black Mountain and Batcave. Smith, who was in Austin, Texas at the time, drove eighteen hours through the night to get back to his family, only to to fine there was no road access to his home or theirs, and so he did what any concerned father, who also happens to know a lot of people with helicopters, would do. He arranged for his family to be lifted out by a private pilot. Since then, the flights have been nearly constant during daylight hours. And this story is just it makes you feel good to be an American. I didn't know there was a Batcave, North Carolina.
Speaker 4: I actually had heard of bet.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic because I spent some time up in Grandfather Mountain, which is in that area.
Speaker 3: Well, I had a buddy, a riding buddy of mine who moved from New York to Connecticut. Then he went to North Carolina and he was in security and he always told me, this is ten twelve years ago, that things really get shitty in America with respect to the government wanting our guns, what have you. If there ever was a time where the government was against us, he would say, they're a ex military and people up in the mountains of North Carolina and in many places in America that will come down from those mountains with their own guns and their own AMMO and they won't be pushed around. And this reminds you of that story, because here are those guys are now doing what needs to be done to save American citizens' lives. And I love how they just appeared. We have that in America. We have this, this, this, this, I don't know what you call them, not group of men, but this army, little army of men and women who served who can still provide help and protection when we're in a bad spot. So this is a beautiful story and it just shows as much as it shows that the spirit of Americans, it also shows that when push comes to shove, your government is really probably not going to be able to save you. That is such a sobering thought that there's no help. That horrible picture of the grandparents and the grandson on the roof of their home before they just got washed away by the flood, it's pretty sobering. If you don't you can't trust your government to help you when all else fails, What the hell do you do without guys like this beautiful.
Speaker 1: He doesn't get covered again because of course not, you know you and you contrast that with Katrina. In the aftermath of Katrina, and you know, the picture of Bush flying over the damage that really destroyed his, uh, his presidency, his reputation on that, and you know the response here. I mean, overall, most people in the know give the government pretty good grades for Katrina response, and the opposite in this particular case.
Speaker 3: But who was the guy he said? Who was that guy who worked it was a governor? I believe one of the states down there. Sol saw you're doing a good job and the guy was doing an awful job.
Speaker 2: It was a black guy. He was a governor or something.
Speaker 3: He was always in front of the microphone during Katrina.
Speaker 2: But he failed in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: And there was Nagan, who is the mayor of New or.
Speaker 2: Bush.
Speaker 3: Was Tony did a good job, but apparently he didn't do or wasn't wasn't quite ready.
Speaker 1: To kind of think that was the governor. And I'm trying to remember the guy's name, Tom and I can't, but yeah, no it h But anyway, uh, bless these guys, the the poor people lost there. I mean, they're they're finding and these are the people that are going in and finding these bodies now, I mean they're.
Speaker 3: Now those bodies now, Oh my god, I did. I was mentioning when I was in La in Florida. You know, I'm not used to watching Florida TV, and I didn't know there was a hotline to call for gators in your property and your garage. And it's some eight hundred double that engine gator. I couldn't believe it. But the story back then was I wanted to stay because I was curious about Milton and you know, I mean, a third story, expensive condo with generators. Nothing was going to happen to me, but I was curious to see what was going to happen to the people in Florida if it hit where we were staying, which.
Speaker 2: It really didn't.
Speaker 3: Uh, but it's such a sobering thought to think that you're not going to be able to just receive the help we always had an envision we received.
Speaker 2: From our government.
Speaker 3: And now to be told you're going to get seven hundred and fifty dollars when we've given sixty seventy eighty billion here oh, to illegal immigrants, sixty seven billion dollars to them, and our Americans are getting seven hundred and fifty dollars to take care of themselves during this hurricane after effect.
Speaker 2: It's just disgusting. It's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing about the storms down here, I mean, one thing about everything down here. I mean there's such a contrast. Yeah, there's parts of it that I have to admit are a little bit irritating. I mean, I do not go anywhere where I go more than like seven miles an hour over the speed limit because.
Speaker 4: There are cops everywhere.
Speaker 1: But you're showed me when it comes to preparedness for natural disasters. I mean, Desanta's has this thing down. They're bringing people in from Linemen, in from other states. They've got the personnel they're deployed to the area. So that they can begin working on power lines immediately after the storm passes. I mean, there's just a level of seriousness. It's the It's no different than running a business. And this guy down here runs a business, and I mean it is a tight freaking ship. Ye, California is about as loose and looney as it gets other than the sheriff's departments that do an excellent job with the resources that they have. But it's quite a contrast coming from some other places to here. So if you're right and Trump wins, the MVP award has to go to Elon Musk. There's only there's only one.
Speaker 3: Outside of Kamlaaras speaking. Yeah, outside of Kamala Harris speaking stupidly. But yeah, in terms of what's been done, Elon Musk, I mean, this is even this latest thing a million dollars a day, he's gonna give a million dollar. I mean it's nothing. It's fifteen million by the time Lesson comes for him.
Speaker 2: It's nothing but just just rescuing Twitter, just having him buy X.
Speaker 3: God, if we didn't have X right now, as close as people think this race is, you wouldn't be speaking that way at all. If Twitter wasn't a platform that conservatives can speak on and get hidden truths out to the to the masses, because when I getting the truth from the media, now they.
Speaker 2: Don't even write that.
Speaker 3: Look, they wouldn't even write about Trump putting a bunch of Florida workers up at the Durrel Hotel during their stint working on the aftermath of Helene. He put them all off two hundred and something. Guys, it's just no, they don't.
Speaker 2: They don't write me. He doesn't cover what he does.
Speaker 3: They just like I said, you know, you you host to show the death of journalism. I was in journalism for many years, and it's just the most disappointing thing that's happened. Having grown up and studied it and wanted to be a journalist, becoming one chasing the truth, finding the truth, and now it's just I don't know what the hell that profession is anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not.
Speaker 1: And you know, we spend more time lately actually talking.
Speaker 5: About sports coverage and the fact that reporters journalists in the sports world are worse.
Speaker 1: Even than what we see in the political and the news arenas.
Speaker 2: Give me a couple of examples this.
Speaker 1: Well, but the power, the power is completely changed hands. If if you dare to challenge an athlete and ask the difficult question, that athlete will have your removed and you'll be You won't be allowed to cover the team.
Speaker 4: He won't be allowed in the locker room boom.
Speaker 1: So if you dare to ask Lebron about whether Bron he deserves to be on the team, or you dare to ask Lebron about whether there was ever a racial epitaph written on sprint with garage, how he feels about China?
Speaker 4: And there.
Speaker 2: Did parties? What you said the best parties in.
Speaker 1: The world, and anything you can't you can't. It's it's completely turned a one to eighty. There's uh, the gen Z went nuts when Bob Costas called a playoff game.
Speaker 4: A week ago. They never heard of the guy.
Speaker 1: And what the hell is going on with this guy doing all these references to things from thirty years ago? And I know what the hell is Bob freaking cost I know Costas, al Michaels, Jim Nance, They're all whatever for a year two years. Nance may outlast a little bit instead do the Masters and stuff, but that generate it's over. It's it's it's gone by those legendary voices.
Speaker 4: The ones who who.
Speaker 1: Gave it to you straight, called the game straight. Let you know we played well, who didn't play well? Everything was just like the great news journalists of yesteryear that were uh that were unfiltered and were regardless of what their political affiliation might have been, their marching orders from above were to play it straight.
Speaker 4: And deliver and deliver the news.
Speaker 1: And and that's because there were three or four or five sources, and if you gave it with a slant, you were gonna end up on the short end of the stick.
Speaker 4: Audience wise.
Speaker 1: Well, now everything is is niched, and everyone providing quote unquote news is actually just providing therapy to a bunch of people who only want to hear one side. And that's all that they are delivering.
Speaker 2: You know what it is.
Speaker 3: Let me let me tell you about internal petty jealousies in journalism.
Speaker 2: I can tell you this for sure.
Speaker 3: I began as a high school sports reporter, moved up to college, did some pro stuff, Mets and Yankees, going to the stadium, writing about injuries, not the game story. But the point is, you want to become a beat reporter. That was my dream back in the day. To cover the Yankees or Giants or Nicks or you know, you've got to still play everything down the middle. But then inside journalism, everybody has a point of view, and you want to be a columnist. Columnists can give you their point of view and they don't have to be as objective, which is what I became, and it's what a lot of people who begin in journalism want to become. And not many people can because their views just aren't strong enough to be that kind of writer. But now we're so inundated with people just giving you their viewpoint, not just getting the down the middle stuff, that when we hear down the middle reporting, it's not reporting. And basically the way the baseball games were just called. Watching the Mets and the Yankees, I'm a Dog Yankee fan, and that night when the Yankees clinched and Soto hit the three run home run to put us into the playoffs and extra innings, that eight nine pitch at bat was brilliant.
Speaker 2: I got emotional. I cry, my eyes filled up.
Speaker 3: I was on a phone texting Jack and Row and Joey, and we're all emotional and we're all screaming because it's we don't have to like for a minute or two or an hour, we just got to just love sports and hear our announcers, hear them call the home run calls. It was just a great feeling of this is the way it's supposed to be, not about politics, not about the way the media covers everything, but just just seeing a big baseball game and letting it play out the way it plays out, no controversy, nobody writing lies, nobody trying to make you believe something that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: That was pure excitement. And there's not many of.
Speaker 3: Those moments left, unfortunately, because everything we go through in life is covered by people that have a point of view, and if it's not yours, you're going to suffer through their storytelling.
Speaker 2: And I'm sick of it. So sports is like the last bastion where you can.
Speaker 3: Go to get that just good old story without hearing a political version of it. And I don't know what to do beyond that. So hopefully this series goes to seven games, because once that's over, we're back to hearing bullshit from the media, well.
Speaker 1: Even when even when somebody pleays it quote unquote straight, Like I'm not a Fox News viewer, a not a fan, but I I am a fan of Brett Baer. I think Brett Baer is a is a.
Speaker 4: Good news guy.
Speaker 1: He uh, you know, there's there's the there's the news and editorial sides, and you know, bears in a different world over at Fox than the Five and the Fox and Friends stuff and and all of that. I mean, he's a legitimate journalist.
Speaker 3: It's like Tapper when you.
Speaker 1: Look at that interview with Harris, he asked the right questions. He asked the questions that any journalist would have asked twenty years ago. Not it wouldn't have mattered who they were affiliated with. Those are the questions that a journalist needed to ask of her because they haven't been asked. And and he played it brilliantly in that, you know, she had just come out of which I can't believe. They're they're trying as an angle this Trump being unfit and unhinged and and everything thing.
Speaker 4: Did you forget your guy in the White House? Now?
Speaker 1: But she just comes out of that and then he asks her, you know when she you know, became aware of Joe Biden's issues and and you and she can't she can't speak right, I mean all he can control is the questions I get asked. He can't control the answers. Her answer was a non answer. But but she needs to be accountable for was she part of the coup or was she outside oblivious to the fact that the coup was going on? Did she know that he lost his marbles? And if she did, why didn't she say anything about him? I mean, she's in a no win in that line of questioning, which is why she doesn't respond, because that's probably the only thing she can do is not respond. But but the American public needs to hear that question asked because they need to be asking themselves about that situation.
Speaker 2: Now she she.
Speaker 1: Comes to be the candidate without getting a single vote to be that candidate. It happens in a unprecedented removal of the guy who won the nomination, and now we're seeing that guy having what appear to be second thoughts about, you know, taking it like a man that he was. You know that they ordered the code read, as somebody recently said, ordered the code read. So she needs to provide an answer there and she didn't. And uh, Jim Gaffigan, who hosts who is no there was no conservative who hosted the Al Smith thing the other night.
Speaker 4: His opening was.
Speaker 1: Right in line with that Brett Baer question. You know, he made the joke about about George Clooney, and you know they needed, yeah, that they needed George Clooney's op ed to know that it was time to get rid of there was to be accountability for that that wasn't. This is the party that yells all the time about democracy, and there's no greater illustration than uh, they're not giving an f about quote unquote democracy, than the way in which she was put into that position. Anyway, we started with Elon as the MVP, and it really is absolutely if because if if Twitter x didn't become a platform with a staunch belief in First Amendment rights and allowing for that kind of freedom of speech, then it would have had a dramatic impact on every other platform, and they'd be playing it less straight than they are, even though none of them are playing it straight, they would just since they were the only one that you know, is a legitimate Yeah, you have the rumbles out there in the truth socials whatever, but.
Speaker 4: Ex Twitter is.
Speaker 1: The only one with a meaningful footprint that is out there providing a town square with a free exchange of ideas, regardless of where those ideas originate, and allowing the people to decide what's real and what's not not real, what's true and what isn't true. And for fro Musk, I mean look that to watch the booster, Oh yeah, the chop back and land in the holster crazy?
Speaker 2: How do you put the guy down?
Speaker 3: Let's it, he's basically taking a twenty story building and landing it perfectly. Well, not him, but the technology being caught by a couple of they called toothpicks or chopsticks.
Speaker 2: It was amazing to watch.
Speaker 3: You know, I will say this, yes, elon anybody out there, but especially him.
Speaker 2: His reach and his importance and influences so important. However, I will say this.
Speaker 3: He gets on stage and you know, he's not much for making public speeches. He's not really good at that. The guy's such a genius. He's on the spectrum somewhere, but for sure, of course. But he says, you know, like what a lot of people say, get call your friends called ten, twenty thirty of your friends, get them to vote for Trump, go together. Those are all good things to say. There's not one person doing that, so we could say that he's the MVP, and he is for very different reasons, particularly Twitter. But how many of us call our friends and go, you voted for Trump, right, let's go together, Let's all get in the car and go. It's just it's just not the way people are these days. How could you get a call friends to convince them to change their vote or all go together? Those are great thoughts, but I don't think that's what America does at all.
Speaker 1: No, I think you're right, but I think inside of families, family, there's there's some of that, especially the elderly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: But but he's been such a strong First and Second Amendment advocate, and in Twitter, you know, I forget exactly how big it is, but it's hundreds of millions of followers that he's got anything he puts out. And I mean, you see because because there's a lot of stuff he puts out that you're.
Speaker 4: Like, well that that isn't great.
Speaker 1: But it still gets two hundred million UH views and and hundreds of thousands of shares, and so.
Speaker 4: Anyway it uh.
Speaker 1: I can't help but but appreciate what the what the guy has has done, and and you know done at at some significant personal exact and significant personal risk, because you know he's got his own security detail. But I know I could easily see there being folks that want to take him out, and.
Speaker 3: I know, I know it's it's it's a it's a sobering thought. The guy really put himself out there, and it's very easy to forget just how big a person he is in the world, not only the richest man in the world, but how tech logically creative he is. I had to see him jumping up and down the stage for Trump and his shirt that was too short so it was belly kept getting shown. He has a lot to lose. He really isn't a compence. He put himself in a compromising position. But I really admire guys like that who don't care about the temperature inside the battle. They want to get there because they know what they're doing is right. I like guys like that a lot.
Speaker 1: If if your boy wins that, there's his there's his MVP.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I wanted to share a personal story from from whatever from last week that just drives me crazy about Taylor Swift. So for that and now so you know, we we just moved into this new house in Florida, in a town called Jupiter, Florida. But Jerry and my wife had to go back to because we had sold our house in in New Orleans back in August and put all of our stuff in storage in Mississippi, where her family is. She had to go back to get our stuff, to pick the items from storage.
Speaker 4: That we wanted to bring choose the new house.
Speaker 1: And so she's booking a flight back to Jackson, Mississippi, and she's trying to get a rent a car and she's like, Mike, every rent of car place in Jackson has sold out.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what are you talking about. It's Jackson.
Speaker 1: There's no way the rental car places in Jackson are sold. So I go and National rent of Cars might go to because I love that. You don't have to stop at a counter. You just go out and you can choose any car in the just drive it away.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 1: Well National's gone and thrifty is gone, and Almo's gone, and Evis is gone, and I just took a personal after the OJ murdered. His wife never rent from Hurts again, and I haven't.
Speaker 4: In all that time. I never rent it from Hurts.
Speaker 1: But I decided, well, shit, she has to have a rental car. It couldn't get from Enterprise. So Hurts was the last place I checked, and I couldn't believe it. I could make a reservation for a car. And so I go back to her as her hero. Look, you know it's uh, you know it's uh, it's OJ's car company. But you know, I got you Hurt confirmation. And she's so happy, you know, she's got it. And so she flies into Jackson and she goes to the the Hurts counter and they tell her they don't have a car for her. And she said, I got a confirmation here of my reservation and they're like, here's the the small print that says, this is a confirmation that if we have any cars, you get to have one based And so she's now unbelievably upset. She's got no way to get around. Then she needs to get around for all this stuff.
Speaker 4: And you can Uber and Jackson, but it's not an Uber town.
Speaker 1: I mean he needs to have a car and uh. And so she's very upset. She's at the counter and she overhears one of the agents tell one of the others that can you believe all of this because of a damn Taylor Swift concert in New Orleans.
Speaker 6: So so New Orleans was so concerned they weren't gonna have enough cars for all the people coming in to see the Taylor Swift show at the Superdome.
Speaker 1: That God, they took out all the rent of cars from the region. So from Lake Charles to Lafayette to Jackson, to Monroe to you know, all of these other they took them all. She ends up having to go to a place called Flowood, Mississippi, and gets a gets a Maroon Mitsubishi's something from an enterprise in Flowwood. It took hours and hours to get the thing. And you know, I'm sorry Taylor, but you.
Speaker 3: Know you've been you've been bothered by Taylor Swift. Then you have to deal with the traffic in Florida when Trump, the guy was on the on the golf course was maybe gonna shoot Trump up in a tree. You've been, You've been involved in some things that you really should be involved in.
Speaker 2: Just fate. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: But the car thing I've got stuck with too, where you don't have a you have a reservation, but there's no car there. Uh, that's happened to me, it drives me crazy. But then again, I've rented a car that I'll say I'll be back Thursday by by one, and then you find you need the car two or three more days. And I know there was somebody who had a reservation for my car the day I was supposed to return it, but since I didn't return it, that person should a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they I mean not really.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me that that the end that that all those all those rental car companies were taken up because people.
Speaker 2: In New Orleans made plans to get those cars. People in Mississippi made plans to drive to New Orleans.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this is this is the same companies that are operating primarily out of the UH Louis Armstrong Airport there in New Orleans, which is nice. It's a new airport, it's a very nice airport. That they needed to increase their fleets because of demand. So it was a it was a it was a supplied demand moved by the rene car companies, the reaction to the influx of tourists because of Taylor Freaking Swift coming to New orow So all these other cities and the people going there have to be inconvenienced because New Orleans has Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure the hotels, I'm sure the Marriott's and all those places were probably booked up as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh no, I shan't.
Speaker 3: She's a force's a She's a worldwide force.
Speaker 2: She's not a person anymore. She's a force of nature.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't get it, do not.
Speaker 4: I get none of it. I don't look, I get none of it.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even get give her another five billion on top of what she has, And if I'm Travis Kelsey, I don't even there's not even a first date.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't get it. I get nothing attractive.
Speaker 3: I get what you're saying. I don't find her beautiful. I certainly think she's an attractive girl. I don't particularly care for her stage show. I don't like that she wears an ice get paid outfit most of the time. But I mean, look, she does. She is a magnificent writer. And I'll give a credit for performing as long as she does and being so generous to people that she performs in the community.
Speaker 2: She gives money to homeless shell all that stuff is great.
Speaker 3: I don't like the that every day I gotta open the paper, we'll open the internet to look at the papers, and always see stories about her and Travis that really have they have no significance. Okay, they watched the Yankee game, there was a public display of affection. That becomes a three hundred word story. I don't understand it. The story is if they don't kiss, they're together for two and a half hours, don't show me that. It just and the guy is of course being run through the celebrity mill. Now he's got a you know, a quiz show he's gonna do are you Smarter than the fifth grader? He's got commercials, he's in grotesque ye the show and FX. He's being pulled in so many different directions, and yet he's still having a good season and the chief show on the feet.
Speaker 1: And he's not doing You're smarter than a sixth grader?
Speaker 2: You know, he didn't get.
Speaker 4: That gig, he didn't get that game.
Speaker 2: That's a little too hot yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm sorry, Travis, you're you're a great player. I just and you know, I'm sure it's legit, it's gone on.
Speaker 3: Legit, but you got to marry it. I mean, what are you waiting for? Just I don't. I think after Tarzova, she'll be knocked up within six seven months of the tour being over, and they'll have that kid and get married. This is not gonna be a five year relationship. She's gonna lock this one up and he's gonna lock her up.
Speaker 2: And they'll go. They'll go, They'll go twelve years before it ends.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, they'll go. Good. They're young, they're young enough, but they can still make.
Speaker 1: It Shorten this thing. I'm short, Yeah, I'm short in it. I still he what's it?
Speaker 4: You know? I don't know the answer to this.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's some people would say, well, there's a meaningful difference, but I don't know what the difference between having seventy five one hundred million dollars and having a billion dollars dollars. You can go anywhere you want to go, you can do anything you want to be, you can be with anybody you want to be with. You're accountable to no one. I mean, yeah, so he is a billion more?
Speaker 4: Sure that? Does he need that?
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't need it. He doesn't need it. No, of course, it's not the money thing. But I only say they going to split up eventually because it's showbiz, that's the world of professional sports. Typically those marriages don't last because those people have so many options, et cetera. Their lives are so filled with wonderful things that can blind you. Otherwise, if they were two normal people but their backgrounds, I could see them being together forever, but only because they're in the fields they're in. I think it'll typically end at some point on not as early as you think. I think they'll go one or two kids, and then that'll end in about ten ten years or so.
Speaker 1: I'm going no marriage, no kids.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow, no faith at all, I say, she's I say not only she have a baby before the tour, after the tours of her but she might be knocked up at the end of the tour.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess we'll know by the bump in the ice capades out.
Speaker 2: We'll see the ice cabade off again. A little too tight on her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well sir, all right, dude, you warm me out between relationships as a bitch and everything is a bitch.
Speaker 2: I feel like I got famous a little last story.
Speaker 4: I acted like a complete bitch.
Speaker 3: So alright, buddy, all right, I gotta do my famous a bitch now and uh then you'll be good for the day.
Speaker 4: You do it.
Speaker 2: A lot of talk.
Speaker 4: It was fun. Thanks folks. We'll be back at you next week. See you a j
Speaker 2: Alright, buddy, talk to you later.