Speaker 1: Yeah, once again, I ain't got the sounds, but I will get the sounds next week, I promise.
Speaker 2: My house is just messed up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, let's touchdowns and Tangents live from Hopthorne, California. There's just something so intimate that comes from, you know, just having these original sounds that we had when we originally started.
Speaker 2: But as always, I'm joined by.
Speaker 1: Kenneth Barry and uh yeah, man, we're just here so we won't get fined. But no, and all serious, all seriousness, Divisional round coming up. I was talking to Kenny earlier. It feels weird to not have any games going on in the middle of the week. No college football playoff, no bowl games, no fcs, no Friday night lights, no playoffs. Nothing, just we're just pretty much waiting for these last few games to go down in the divisional round and then obviously the College Football Playoff, which we'll get to a little bit later. But with all that, what will what will you remember from this past World Card Week weekend?
Speaker 2: Kenny? M hm uh, Mostly that the Vikings really are like Sam Donald. Sam Donald had all that cachet and just blew it. Yeah, Sam Donald, who I thought he was? He really fumbled the bag he shipped down his leg. I mean, you'll still get a good deal.
Speaker 1: He'll still get a'll still get, but he's not gonna get the he could have.
Speaker 2: Got, probably for the multi year crazy deal before. He probably could have got forty million.
Speaker 1: Probably still throw throw ten twenty million at him or he probably he killing with Gardner Mischian guy. He threw thirty five touchdowns, bro, I know he looked. That's like the most for a dude who just was ass He's interceptions ratio was amazing, like he literally Well, the whole thing is, think about it this way. That defensive line the first time they played was like pretty much a rookie young defensive line. By the time they played in the playoffs, they're no longer a rookie. They played a full season. You know, at that point, you're sophomore. It's a whole new new game. So they really made the difference, obviously, Jerry versus guy you you've been advocating for since the Rams took him, a guy you were advocating for before the combine. Even so, Yeah, I mean the Rams just shown ability to build it. I mean, I think we talked about it earlier in the season. They pretty much just took the values of Aaron Donald and just like scaled it to different young players, spread it across defensive line. It's crazy, and it's like the Raiders could have had two cornerstone pieces on defense and an extra draft picky. Well, for me, what I'll remember obviously is just man that the end of the Empire really showed out man c J.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 1: Everyone was talking smack about him all year and rightfully so. I mean he was underperformer, especially if you had him in fantasy, but he him and the Texans really showed out.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The Chargers did what they always do. They came out lackluster. And I told you that from the get go. I told you that as it was going on, like Chargers are going to lose this game. The Chargers could have easily been up twenty one to nothing, like they got a lot of things going their way, but they just kept getting in their own way and not capitalizing. And I was just like, I've seen this before, but this team starts out slow like that, They're not going to be able to beat Houston on the road. I don't care how good of a coach Tarbon is. Sure enough, you know, Herbert had probably one of the worst games of his career, and now Khalil Max is talking about retiring, which which is pretty crazy to think about that old but he's don't make any birthday but it makes sense for him, I mean, no, he can think he could still ring Chase with the Chiefs Chickens.
Speaker 2: Ring Chase, go to Baltimore, Ring Chase, go to Baltimore. Please Kylevin always having had a career year twelve and a half sacks.
Speaker 1: But yeah, back to my original point, I mean, Stril showed out they get the advance over a Charger team that was favored even though they were on the road.
Speaker 2: And then on the other side he got.
Speaker 1: Ricky Jade and Daniels, the guy you've been calling offensive rookie of the Year since like week two or three, so cold is to use that, But he also showed out Commanders advance and really, statistically, rookies don't really win playoff games like that. So the fact that he did that on the Commanders, which a year ago was by far the worst roster I mean, or one of the worst rosters maybe besides the Panthers, and you took that team to the playoffs like that's borderline MVP, not just Rookie of the Year, like if they actually voted for MVP, like especially if he somehow wins this game, which honestly is kind of like it's possible because now, mind you the Lions, I mean, they had a week off, they've had some injuries, but if they come out flat that young that commander team is both young and hungry and also experienced, so anything could happen in that game. But back to my original point, how you showed up Jane Daniels out of Sa Maurino c J Stroud at a ranchall Kokamonga.
Speaker 2: It's really validating the nine on nine nine one.
Speaker 1: I know they got a bunch of other random ARA codes out there now, but that's essentially the foundation of it.
Speaker 2: But anyways, moving on to.
Speaker 1: The divisional round, we got the Rams Eagles. I guess we can just start there since we already talked a lot about it.
Speaker 2: But for me, Kenny never rushes me, why are you rushing me right now? What do you? What do you rushing me do? I was in a groove and like you were kind of I wanted you to pick up the energy a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you, what do you need me to do?
Speaker 2: Act like you care, Act like you act like you want to. Act like Aaron Barry after the after the game, when he wouldn't stop talking about when's the Raiders game? Pete Kenny? When's the Raiders game? Peter Kenny?
Speaker 1: All right, obviously everyone thinks the Eagles are gonna win this game. How are the Rams gonna win it?
Speaker 2: Honestly, they have a smarter coach, their defense is playing lights out. They just have to really just stop Satuan. It's gonna be hard because the Eagles offensive line is the reason why they beat the ship out of the Rams the first time. Jaalen Hurts is faster than any linebacker. Inside linebacker. They have an A. J. Brown can toast any dB on that field, as well as DeVonta Smith Dallas Go Dart. The problem, like the variety of the Eagles offense and their offensive line and their defense being the best in the league, is like they're the most complete team left. You know, just Sirianni and Hurts gotta be in sync, and you gotta feed Taekwana ball. But the Rams really just have to come out aggressive, have a smart game plan, short quick passes, you can't. You're not gonna be able to throw deep on his defense, You're gonna have to take advantage of Philly's uber athletic front seven established a run early, don't get caught in a lot of third and lungs. Be in a position to where you can always go for it fourth and four, fourth and five. For me, it comes down to and Cooper, Cup and Pooka gotta show up. Cooper, Cup and Pooka definitely have to show up. For me, it comes down to the Rams. The Rams linebackers. Like you mentioned Sekwan Barkley, He's a beast.
Speaker 1: We all know that not only can he run you over, but he can also take it to the sins and so they not only need to be able to match his speed, but they also need to be able to tackle him, and that could be an issue, especially with Godart going over the middle as you mentioned. So for me, I'm looking at the linebackers and safeties like they gotta have an exceptional game this next week. In addition to that, I mean you talked about it the interior line, they're gonna have the biggest challenge as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, the.
Speaker 1: Rams are capable of running the ball that's when they've been the best is when they're controlling it with Kiren and they're hitting big chunk plays off the play action to Puka and Cooper Cup and company. If they can do that, they got a chance. It's gonna be cold. So I think that'll move in Philly's favor. I think overall, we think of Philia is a much more physical team. But the way the Rams played this past week, and I mean, I don't I don't think they're afraid of anyone. I think they are playing like they have nothing to lose, and I think in some ways that's really kind of ignited some extra fire back in McVeigh and Stafford. But yeah, I think this is still phil These game to lose, no matter how you break it down. All Right, the other game commander's lines.
Speaker 2: Gotta be honest. If the doll if the if the Lions and Golf come out slow at all in the first half, their commanders will jump on them. Their defense will jump on them. Imagine Jonathan Allen's just imagine the dudes in that defense have been there for so long. You gotta buy the plane one of them is on. I know that, I think, And yeah, the fact that they've just been through so much, like they got veterans at every level enough to make plays. You really just have to contain aman Rah and Gibbs, which is a lot. There's a lot of moving parts in that offense. But Jared Goff is thrown to have a Sam Donald Sam Donald kind of game. Some of it some of it is dumb luck like, so it'll be a tip pass and it's two picks right there. They're both playing. Okay, so they're both playing. They're long one of the longest team in the veterans on that team, they they've never been closer to a Super Bowl. And right now I think the Commanders are playing with house money. And Jane Daniels is a dog. He don't like losing. Neither. Is this scary Terry Brian Robertson's good enough, Eckler's good enough. They just have to keep moving the chains. The Lions can't really afford any more any more injuries at all, like they could be getting gashed. They've been gashed by lesser teams like look, so you know, if I think the only way the Commanders gets something going early is if they can, you know, take advantage of Kirby Joseph's aggressive. It's gonna be hard. That's probably the best safety tandement football is Brian Branch and Kirby Joseph. Because Brian Bench is a safety, he just plays some nickel. But they got so many corners and the two perfect safeties, like their past defenses is like aired out of space. It doesn't exist like it's they're locked down with that. So really the Commanders have to win up in the front seven. They have to have the Jale's gonna use his legs a lot this game. He's gonna be running, he's gonna be taking advantage of those linebackers that are either slow or they can't cover everything. And Alex Azelon is already playing with with a disc in his arm. So I think the only way the Commanders win they just have to stay aggressive and consistent all game and limit Gibbs getting to the second level and alman Ra breaking loose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not so much worried about the Commander's defense. I mean, I think they got capable players across each level of the defense, especially as I mentioned, if Detroit comes out a little bit slow because you know they had a week off and I mean, they played their starters the last week, but technically, I mean they could have lost that game still made the playoffs. But the point is, if Detroit comes out in statters like it wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't put it past the Washington defense. But as Kenny mentioned, like, it's really just gonna come down to Jane Daniels, Like he's the X factor here. He's the one who's going to have to give them that X factor like every single drive.
Speaker 2: You know he he won't have to do it fully alone.
Speaker 1: I mean, Scary Tarry is probably one of the most underrated players of this generation. And if you can find ways to get him the ball quick, early and often, I think that will make a huge difference. But as we know, the running game has been up and down for them. I mean, they've had different guys pop off at different times, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can really count on them to.
Speaker 1: Really hold and drive in this sort of playoff environment. And then outside of that, I mean, the Lions have one really great playmaker who just has a high football IQ and just is a dog and Amen Ran and then you got Gibbs who's just an exposed to playmaker. Anytime he touches the ball. And if those two things get going, like the Lions are hard to beat, we'll see what happens in the next round, especially if they get Philly. And honestly, I mean, I think they should probably even be afraid if they get the Rams, cuz the Rams won't be afraid of the Lions and a championship game. I mean, I think you saw the growth just from the two Minnesota games. So yeah, I think we both like the Lions pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think their old lines two potent. I don't think. I don't think the Commander's pass rusk gets home against a line this great, even though ironically Frankie Louvo and Dante Fowler Junior leads the team in sacks. I think he had like ten and a half this year. Frankie Louvo has like eight and a half. So I just don't see how the Lions don't neutralize the Commander's pass rush immediately. And the screen game is gonna be huge. So I still got the Lions the edge, but Jalen could be playing out of his mind. You never know. I just don't think the Lions are gonna be offensively nept They're gonna keep the foot on the gas, and I don't think the Commanders could score with them. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Ben Johnson is about to get the job of his picking, so why not leave the lasting impression.
Speaker 2: Exactly all right?
Speaker 1: Moving on to the FC, we got the Texans and Chiefs. That was tough for me, just because both of those teams have been so up and down. On one hand, the Chiefs, we've talked about how far they've looked over the past few years. But guess what, they still find ways to win. They still have a great supporting cast around Patrick Mahomes. I mean, they got more weapons in the receiving Corps and they probably ever had. It's just a matter of who's going to be reliable and available. But they still have Travis Kelce. They still got a Checko and Kareem Hunt in the backfield. Their defense is still young, scrappy, they fly around. It's hard not to like the Chiefs, but also the Texans.
Speaker 2: I mean they were.
Speaker 1: Definitely a media darling coming into the season. I mean, they added Joe Mixon, they traded for Stefan Diggs who's been out. Tank Dell's out, but they still had Nico Collins still have Robert words John Matchi. They still have capable of playmakers what's his name Schultz, that tight end Doalm Schultz. And their defense, I mean is led by Jamaico Ryans head coach, and they got dogs on the defensive side of the ball, especially with Danielle Hunter, who's had kind of like a I mean, he never really fell off in Minnesota, but he's definitely out of an extra pep in a step in Houston. You got what Ryan Anderson right, number two overall pick a few years ago, exceptional athlete's. The Texas have enough playmakers to make things happen. All Pro corner Stingley, the two safeties, both of who the Raiders passed on.
Speaker 2: So I mean, anything could happen in this game.
Speaker 1: If Houston comes out and has their best game, they could easily get past the Chiefs. But also the Chiefs are proven, they're not going to back down from anyone, and they can pretty much get out of any situation. So yeah, more than likely it's going to be the Chiefs. But Texans, I think have a bigger dog in the fight than most people realize.
Speaker 2: I just found out some breaking news and this is kind of fire. Darren Bates, former Raider, a bunch of other things. He's going to be the special teams coordinator for the East team for the East West line Ball. He was just a Raider a couple of years ago and now he's retired and now he's moving up the coach of rights Helafast. I'm happy for him. And he's on the Panther staff. The head coach went to Elko, so that's me. You could have waited for college football for that. But yeah, no, this is but this is dope. I mean they dropped the whole senior boat coaching stuff yesterday. Yeah. Bro, like Darren Bates, remember where he started rose in safety and became a linebacker on that Auburn team and he literally really was the drippiest special teams player of his era. Everyone says it, but yeah, I just have to throw that in there. Shout to former players who are coaches in regards to Chiefs, and it's crazy. You know, every coach left in the playoff is under Andy Reid's coaching tree. They can't say the boy Bill Belchick. But yeah, I think the Chiefs just have to really play their game and they have to be able to run the ball. If they become one dimensional, it's gonna be a problem because the Texans have one of the best defenses in the league. Now, the Texans offense, they gotta get going quick and early. You got to get the easy stuff. Robert Woods might play, Mixing is probably gonna play because I just don't see how he sits out. Like some of these cats are veterans, So it's like even if they don't practice, I just you have to know they're gonna be ready to come game time, especially like they're one game away from the AC title. Like literally, the Texans are one win away from the AFC Championship game. That's how like you're two games away from a super Bowl, Like to be this close for them, and they're the only the Texans uh Dimiko rans and C Shard is the only head coach QB duo to win win the division title in their first two years in the league. Like that's crazy, Like they're making history and they can very well win this game, but they their defense pretty much has to be lights out, and more importantly, they can't give up anything in the run game, and the Texans offense cannot sputter their past game cannot sputter. That's really the biggest thing, the biggest issue. That's where the game is going to be one or lost.
Speaker 1: Chris Jones, but you, like the Chiefs, you're not willing to put your name out there for the Texans can't do it all right, Bill's Ravens Ravens Ravens psychologically, I mean yeah, they say, oh, the Bills beat the Ravens before in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Now this Ravens team is that operating at a different level. And there's nothing that the Bills have on offense outside of Josh Allen that dominates the Ravens defense. They always have a dB, they always have a say, Kyle Hamilton and Humphrey are playing off each other in Rokwan, Like that's the that's the big mean to triangle of defenders right there. And then you got by the bouquet and you got Kyle van Noi having a career year and what year thirteen? And Jason Oway or odafe Oway he had ten sacks this year and he runs a fourth and forty. So it's like the Ravens have every advantage in this game except for that, you know they're not at home. But like we saw what happened when Josh Allen was at home last year against the Chiefs and he couldn't do it. He couldn't get his team over the hump. People can say, oh, he doesn't have help, Well, you have plenty of help. James Cook tied OJ's touchdown record sixteen touchdowns. That's big for a dude who has not seen as a power back. But he scored sixteen resting touchdowns this year and tied the franchise record for total touchdowns almost. So I just gotta say the Ravens have every advantage honestly, the league. For home.
Speaker 1: The league always talks about how quarterbacks kind of drive sales, drive headlines, you know, drive attention, and I think they got that with this game. I mean, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, They're never actually going to play against each other, but you know the pre game media hype is going to, you know, put them up against each other. Ultimately, they pretty much have been going back and forth in the MVP race the last few years. I mean, I think Lamar should still get it this year, even though he's already got too. I mean, if you look at their stats, Lamar has more rushing yards. More passing yards, more passing touchdowns, and less intercessions. So whatever you want to say about Josh Allen, sure, but Lamar did it and.
Speaker 2: He got more wins. And we have a Derrick Henry and you don't. So yeah, I don't know. We have a Derick Henry and you don't. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean beyond that, I think this is the team that the Bills didn't want to see in the playoffs. Honestly, I think the Bills would have rather have played the Chiefs than the Ravens fan and I've heard Bill's fancy that as well. So yeah, I think the Bill the Ravens are just a more complete team. Like I just think they're a more refined, more physical team. They're more ready for this moment. I think, as you mentioned, they've just been playing at a higher level.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and ninety nine rushing yards against the Steelers in the playoffs. In my lifetime, I would have told you a liar as a child, I said on dick Lebo's defense, not dick Lebo's defense.
Speaker 1: I think Buffalo is gonna have to come out with something different in their offense. They're gonna have to come out with a new sort of wrinkle, they're gonna have to take Henry away, just let Lamar beach. They're gonna have to come out quick and just obviously not You're not gonna knock the Ravens off their back. They're too well coached and they've got too many athletes. But I think you can stun them a little bit. You can, you know, keep them stagnant for a little bit if you come out quick and you add something new and different into your offense. But if they're gonna come out and just be the Josh Allen Show, like we've seen that movie how many times.
Speaker 2: But that's what they're gonna have to do. I mean, you you want to give him, you want to put him in a situation to where he is. It's his offense and they're his weapons exactly. James Cook is he only got a difference maker. Is a good difference maker? Yeah, but he doesn't surpass or come close to Derrick Henry for sure, and that's the problem. Like they the Ravens linebackers are faster than James Cook for sure. Trent Simpson ran a four to four.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I think we're both going with Ravens Chiefs Basically.
Speaker 2: I just trust Harbaugh on the playoffs more.
Speaker 1: This might be the first time we've ever aligned on the final four.
Speaker 2: There's like a portal open. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do we get like really good tax returns this year? Hopefully Trump's backing President.
Speaker 2: I hit the lotto? All right, here we go college football? Do we become an escort this year? All right? So Hot State made the national championship game. But I'm gonna play a question that I asked Ryan Day during the Cotton Bowl. But there's about their all world record breaking freshman wide receiver Jeremiah Smith. So yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: In regards to Obviously a lot's changed in the year. Obviously Cotton Bowl appearance last year against Miszoo circumstances were much different. So just how how have the young guys on the same Obviously Jeremiah Smith is pretty special, But how have the other young guys on this team followed the message of the scene and kind of locked in in terms.
Speaker 2: Of knowing like they're one name away from a national title. Playing back in the Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we're two games away from a national title, and you know the only way that we're going to get to that final game is to win this game, and that's it. And I think yesterday we're able to talk a little bit about that. But once that's once that's done, the the Oregon game is over, and you know, you've got to move on from that, just like we've had to move on from other games in the past. And the only thing that matters is this game right here, playing against Texas, And again, our our motivation right now is keeping this team together one more week and then we'll go from there and figure out what's next after that. But everything else right now is a distraction. And like you said, the leaders are the ones that have to set the pace on this And when you're a young eighteen, nineteen twenty year old person, you know, it isn't always easy to stay locked in for this this long of a time. And I think the team that can be disciplined enough to do.
Speaker 5: That and continually compare, prepare at a high level and not cut corners, not frey, not get distracted, not you know, you know, try to take shortcuts this time of year is going to give themselves the best chance to win.
Speaker 4: And so we've got to do the best job we possibly cant of preparing for this game and that's that's our focus and that's our process right now.
Speaker 2: They're going to continue to dive into now. That was before the Cotton Bowl victory. Senior defensive van Jack Sawyer and captain had an eighty three yard sack fumble returned for a touchdown against quinn Ewers, his former teammate. Yeah, quinn Ewers declared for the draft, which is very interesting. You didn't think that was gonna happen. I did not think that was gonna happen. And the way he played against Ohio State, that probably shouldn't have happened because next year she would be classed. He would have had a better chance. Yeah, I guess he would have made more money too, made more money throwing the organ or ole miss somewhere like that, maybe even the USC. But it's kind of crazy though that and this is the deadline pretty much today it was like the deadline.
Speaker 1: So I mean, not to get on a tangent, but I think that's also why the Raiders just got to get someone who could develop a quarterback, because I don't want us at the end of the day, it's not he's not it. I'm not saying I want to quit yours I'm not saying at the end of the day, man, the Raiders can't develop any quarterbacks. And it's it's been showing for the last thirty years, the fact that you can't find anyone, you can't develop anyone.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 1: Every year there's one hundred and twenty college teams, there's one hundred and twenty quarterbacks. You can't find one, you can't develop one, like just trash. Sorry, I mean the jack your segment. No, it's on accurate.
Speaker 2: You know, if you look at the draft order, I mean, unless the Giants trade down, I could see like two maybe three quarterbacks going. But if the Raiders are problem is you don't have a head coach, you don't have a GM. And even once the playoffs are over, it's like, okay, the Senior Bowls at the end of the month, Shry Bowls at the end of the month. But there's so much tape on some of these guys. It's like if he if this quarterback is your guy, you need to have an offensive line and wide receiver group that is better than what you had last year. And I don't see the Raiders doing that unless they're gonna add multiple receivers Isaiah Bonds, a first round pick. His teammate also seen the first round pick out of Texas. He heard his ankle, but he came back and made a big play. I mean, Kelvin Banks.
Speaker 1: I mean, at this point, they got they gotta sign in draft both a running back and receiver. In my eyes, I mean, I think all you because the draft it is a Bear.
Speaker 2: I'm drafting to running backs.
Speaker 1: I already told you if you could get a decent pick for Jakobe Myers, I think you do it.
Speaker 2: Michael Mayer, you do it. You got to get Michael Mayhor. These guys in that defense you gotta get. You gotta trade them on that team. You gotta trade. You gotta trade Andre. You have to trade.
Speaker 1: Andre James, Andre James if you can. I don't know if they'll be takers, but can Now you're just gonna have to play Matt right tackle.
Speaker 2: I think they own like ten million. The Bears need offensive lineman. Andre James can be their starting center. You'd be their best.
Speaker 1: Know why they don't try my right your tackle? There's the reason why you have to switch the center. When he got to the NFL. I guess that's true. But yeah, college football. Yeah, National championship Notre Dame Ohio State. Uh, Marcus Freeman was a captain linebacker at Ohio States. By the way, me and Kenny predicted that because we literally were playing that like two weeks ago on Nancy Double.
Speaker 2: ACU, Like Penn State is not good in Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kenny me h. Kenny cooked me once. I cooked him once, and then we hit a shootout and he won last.
Speaker 2: One decisive shootout. Yeah. It's just it's just gonna be a fistfight. Man. I can't wait to watch that ship. It's gonna be a guy. It feels like an old school college football game. It feels like it's giving me usc Texas physicality but not the star power because it's just two great defenses and two great offensive lines. And like Junkins is just an asshole playing running back and I love it. And Tigue is like he found God, but he also will run through your face and he's fast as shit. So it's like you got two running backs who will be first round picks any other year and a draft class that's probably twenty five deep at running back now. So when it comes down to it, man, I just like it's just gonna come down to who screws up first, Riley Leonard or will Howard Howard over I trust Ohio State's receivers and that offense over Notre Dames defense.
Speaker 1: It could be that I'm tied a little bit closer to it just playing the game war this year. But it's like, I feel like there's a lot of athletes in this draft, Like there's a lot of productive players out there. It's like you just gotta find the right ones and you gotta put him in the right spots to win. But I feel like there's a good amount of talent out there across the board.
Speaker 2: There's good players, there's great players, and you make the scheme fit around them. Too many times you draft guys and you're like, oh, well he fits what we think or what a Raider is. Well, a Raider has been a failure for like most of my life. So no draft. The dude who yeah ran a fourth three five, had an injury history, But like Peyton Wilson perfect example, starting linebacker as a rookie for the Pittsburgh Steelers right next to Patrick Queen, had a pretty good year, would have been the best linebacker on the Raiders, And like they're not taking advantage of all the task. Sometimes you just take the best overall player available and then the guy you want to develop you get him in the fourth or you get him in the fifth or sixth round. You should be getting starters in the first four rounds, especially in this draft. I wouldn't even want to pay a running back big money this offseason. I would just look to the draft and whoever's I like. If Nick Chubb is there, if they let him walk, I'll take him. You know, there's run the running back on the Niners. There's dude you could probably trade for. But you gotta look at the strength of If the strength of this draft is running backs and defensive line, you should draft mostly defensive line and running backs in this draft. Right. If there's mostly receivers in the draft, you should just take receivers in that draft instead of taking somebody else who you think will fit your scheme. But they're clearly not. It's like passing on Justin Jefferson because you wanted Henry Ruggs. It's like, well, one of them has a plus character and the other one's kind of sketch. But you know, a fifty five underclassmen got like an exemption to declare for the draft. A lot of them might be in the Senior Bowl. Senior Bow is gonna be a good rock good uh, a lot of great players. But I think I still think Jackson Dart's gonna be above them all. And she George choosing the Shrine Bowl. It's very interesting. See people are gonna decide, I would I rather be in Alabama? Would I rather be in Texas? And that's what some of these players are gonna if their agents haven't already told them, like, hey, bro, you're better off going to Texas and playing in the Shrine. You're gonna be You're not. You're gonna be overshadowed by the quarterback group in a mobile. That's just me though, pretty much. You cosh football all right? Well?
Speaker 1: Up next as always touchdowns or turnover? You got anything you want to drop. I know we're going off the cup this week.
Speaker 2: We'll just pick three touchdown and turnover. I got one. So the Colts are going to be playing in Berlin, Germany. The Indianapolis coach touchdown the turnover playing in Berlin? Uh touchdown? Think about that camera. Yeah, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't need to make the convictions between nine season they clan.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like, think about the team, close your eyes and think about the team you would pay to go overseas to see.
Speaker 1: Are the Colts even like fifth on that list? No, definitely not see they have a black Florida quarterback and a black running back, and black receivers and black everything actually except their head coach.
Speaker 2: White offensive line though that's the funniest part. They go all white offensive line. If I'm not mistaken, it's Indiana though, damn wine a piece did together until just now. Crazy work. But yeah, I think it's a touchdown for the Colts. But thoms, if they end up playing the Jaguars, they're gonna they're gonna have to pair them with like the Vikings or somebody good like that game worked a couple of years ago when they had it overseas. So who knows, y'all. Wan Uh, let's see.
Speaker 1: Robert Salah is still getting coaching consideration from teams like the Cowboys and the Raiders. Uh, touchdown or turnover to do a lot of people think you shouldn't even been fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Say it's a turnover. I mean, I know people think he didn't get fired, but like, and he had a one playoff season with the Jets, Like, I don't know, they were kind of a shit show the whole time he was there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, for me, I don't know, Sla is the guy.
Speaker 1: Uh, the Cowboys are interviewing Killing Moore touchdown the turnover.
Speaker 2: Say that again, so I know I heard it correctly. The Cowboys are interviewing Keilling Moore for their coaching job. I'm glad you didn't say Dian again. Yeah, honestly, that's a pretty solid fit he worked before. I think he could be a front runner. I got one. So apparently Dion Sanders said he would welcome an offer from the Cowboys to be their coach, like there's mutual interest. But after this report came out, apparently he went to Colorado and asked a D or whatever for more money, and that shit was met with pure dismissal. Right, fuck you mean boy, you're back on the field and get us a Bowl win first. Like, so, his request to have more money for him and his staff was totally rejected, according to multiple reports. And now he's saying almost definitely he wouldn't turn down an offer. So the whole romanticism of Dion to the Cowboys touchdown or turnover. I think.
Speaker 1: This one's tough for me because I think Dion's would turnover only because I feel like a lot of this back and forth interest rumor speculation is coming from him, right because he said he was interested in the Raiders job, but there's been no reports that they've actually interviewed him. So for me, I think a lot of this could be coming from Dion himself. And honestly, I mean, why would you want to go to the Cowboys? Isn't the whole point to coach Suder. I don't think the Cowboys are gonna be able to get up to the top ten or top five, top three, even top two trade Dak. Yeah, but even that's a steep climb, even with training Dak. It's still a lot of pieces got to fall into place for that to happen. And I feel like, if that's the goal, there's other better opportunities to do that.
Speaker 2: And honestly, I don't know if these clubs really want to pair them two up like that.
Speaker 1: Like I think part of what these teams are going to be looking for is, you know, one can Shader do it on his own but two, you know, we'll fring him from kind of that constant influence and grasp without actually making better, you know.
Speaker 2: So I think a lot of teams are going to be thinking.
Speaker 1: About that, and that's part of why, you know, Dionne is saying, you know, certain teams are blacklisted and he can only go to certain teams because he wants him to go to a team where he can have influence, some weight, and hang around. So yeah, I don't know. I think it's a turnover for both dion and the Cowboys. Honestly, as far as Kellen Moore though, I mean that stuff to say, that's a touchdown only because you could already have that guy. He was already there in the organization and you kind of just gave up on him.
Speaker 2: I can see Kellam on the Raiders. They were kind of.
Speaker 1: Talking about him being the Garrett heir, and then Hereferd with Boise stay and then he was like, no, I'm gonna stay here another year and try to get this job, and then it didn't work out, and now he's in Philly and Philly's balling and now you want him.
Speaker 2: So I think it's kind of a turnover for Dallas definitely, But I'm kell the moron'd signed before. But if I'm a guy, I might consider Chicago.
Speaker 1: Well, if I'm a guy like Kella Moore, I mean, you saw this ship show what that place is, so I don't know if I would sign up for that again. And also also like if you're an offensive coach, this is kind of a tangent, but put yourself in the mind of an offensive coach, like do you want to go somewhere that already has the chess pieces in place and you gotta kind of maneuver and finesse and connect the dots, or do you want to go somewhere where you kind of have to have a blank cover but you get to build and designer how you want to build, Like how how would you feel in that situation?
Speaker 2: It's just it's to Kevin Stefanski dilemma. Great Oc went to Cleveland, he didn't build most that roster out that roster was already there and he had Sean Watson and it was supposed to work, and it didn't. Mark Cooper and now he's gone still got Nick Jubb e went off of they are blown out knee. So if you break it down, I'd rather have the full cover. I'd rather if I'm Kevin Moore, if Ben Johnson was to go to Chicago, I'm going to Chicago and the defense is great. We'll add some more pieces in the draft, high ranking pieces in the draft, to get the youth in fusion.
Speaker 1: I think that's a better spot for in than Dallas. I like the I liked it a lot. Actually, Kellen Moore to the Raiders even Nah, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Theres Kevin Moore. Kellen Moore is a great was the great, one of the greatest college quarterbacks ever. I know, great coach. Look what he's done with Look what he's done with the Eagles. He's managed to make that offense fluid for sure, and not stagnant. I trust him in charge it off and A. J. Brown are crowning every single week. Yeah, Dallas go to get more touches. Sakwan got two thousand fucking yards. You got to give Kellen Moore his props. He's like, oh, Doug Martin, I had one of you, guys, Doug Martin, take you.
Speaker 1: Got anything off the top of your head, all right, Okay, I'll give you one, all right. So the twelve Los Angeles team's pieced up to donate to firefighter relief. Together they put together eight million dollars. Take your tangent on that.
Speaker 2: That's cool. I mean I want to know what these insurance companies are gonna do.
Speaker 1: Actually, a couple of them have come out and said they're gonna honor insurance, and then they're walking back the whole Yeah, we're about to cancel and terminate a lot of your people's policies and stuff like that. So we'll see how it pans out.
Speaker 2: But so far, that's the the stance they're taking.
Speaker 1: I think someone got into their air and was just like, hey, look at the optics of this, Like.
Speaker 2: They're gonna kill a lot of people by doing this. Yeah, so they've since renicked. All right, so USC defensive coordinator before you go, hold on, I didn't give mine to take your atanage. Oh sorry, I was just.
Speaker 1: Gonna say it's funny that the.
Speaker 2: Chargers started the whole thing like they were the first kind.
Speaker 1: Of team to be like, hey, we're gonna get money to this good cause, which not making a lot of the cause, but uh they and they gave two hundred thousand, and then out of know where, the Vikings were like, oh.
Speaker 2: Here's a mill. The Vikings are like, don't even play here.
Speaker 1: But for some reason, the Vikings actually have like an l A fan LA phoning.
Speaker 2: Like they've always kind of had it. Think about part of it.
Speaker 1: The colors purple and yellow ties to the Lakers. There's no team here. The Vikings played in one of the first Super Bowls here, so they're.
Speaker 2: Ap the people of Adrian Peterson and pressonally are I want to.
Speaker 1: Say it, I think maybe even they were here before, like exceptionally also Grape Street.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so it ties into the gang culture too. That's that's weird.
Speaker 1: So I just think it's funny that the Chargers kind of started it and then everyone just kind of started upstaging them, and then everyone was like, Hey, it's not about who's giving more, it's about we're all doing it together.
Speaker 2: So either way, man, props to the LA sports teams for coming together.
Speaker 1: It's a good it's a good thing. The people need it, the first responders needed for sure. There's some people on the news today that we're talking about how they lost their house and they're also first responders fighting the fires, so.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, that's some sad shit. It's a crazy time for them. I'm sure, all right, next one? All right? So shit, I lost the second one, hold on, hold on. So USC defensive coordinator Dance and Land got a contrast extension from USC, got got got a nice little fat pay race to stay at SEE and Taylor Mays got the safety job at at Washington. Sue Craven's came out and said, how come more former USC grades are getting looks and coaching or even being hired by USC. And that's like, damn, that's a good point. So USC hiring more of their alumni to actually become, you know, coaches on staff instead of constantly cycling through all the money they have of paying people. Got a touchdown her turnover, so they you're asking if it's a touchdown or turnover? Got paid that They let an assistant go, but they kept a decordinator. And Lincoln Ridley's going into year four and USC's damn it broke because he was getting other interviews and calls. Yeah, I mean I think.
Speaker 1: It's a touchdown because he's already team hopped defensive coordinator. Defensive coordinator, Like he's already made that lotteral move and he can't really go much higher than USC in the Big Ten as far as college football. As a defensive coordinator, the next step would be a head coach. Now he's probably at the stage where he's getting some of those calls and looks, but it's probably for the lower tier programs with limited limited resources. So he and they say, hey, I'm better off just being here. I've got my system in place, I've got some recruits coming, I've got plans I wanted on how to build on the year before, because I mean, ultimately, he didn't get that chance because.
Speaker 2: He moved from UCLA to USC.
Speaker 1: So now he's got system in place, he's got his guys in place, so now you get to really see his full potential as a defensive coordinator, which in turn for him will result in better head coaching jobs next year.
Speaker 2: Who knows, maybe even to jump to the league. Interesting. I mean, I think it's a touchdown for him because if you do fire Lincoln, you don't lose the recruits and the team that you have because he's gonna be the interim head coach. I got one one, last one. I guess. The Browns are being sued by the city over a possible move from Cleveland to a proposed Dome stadium in the suburbs, a two point four billion dollar stadium.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't know much about that whole situation, but I'll say this. I mean, the Browns are already kind of cursed based off how they based off how they allowed the original Browns to leave. And I think there's just a foul stench there with the citizens that you know, they don't they just don't want this team leveraging their city, like frankly, like they don't want to be upawn, Like they don't want their city, their infrastructure to be held hostage by a professional sports team again or corporate interests exactly so. And I understand that I don't I haven't been to the stadium. I don't know much about that stadium. I imagine it was new when they moved there. If so, that would make it twenty years. You know, if it's older than that, there's probably old. But you can update stadiums taxpayers. Money isn't always the answer. You can finance them.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of financing, bo Jackson gave up an extortion case against his niece where he basically said they harassed him tried to extore him for a bunch of money. He was awarded twenty million dollars and basically gave it up, said no family and forgiving it you used to deal out of court.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, so take her tangent on forgiveness. Yeah, I'm not that forgiving of a person twenty million, somebody would have to die or or give me my twenty fucking million. So pretty much the other party said that we can't.
Speaker 1: This was a miss that and it was a misunderstanding, like they didn't know they were supposed to go to court, so the court just went to a judgment. But yeah, they were able to go to mediation and work it out. Yeah, man, what money is he getting back? Just uh yeah, I hope whatever he got out of it was worth whatever time he spent suing them, because I know it's a lot of paperwork, it's a lot of bullshit.
Speaker 2: So you obviously did for a reason, Like you don't just hit me with a twenty million dollar fucking judgment, like we don't talk first, that's crazy. But uh yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Jim Harbaugh is headed for a heart procedure and a hip surgery this off season.
Speaker 2: Take your tangent God speed, man, hopefully he actually does get some rest calms down. It's been a crazy couple couple of years for him, so from a national championship to get the Chargers in the playoffs and the fires happened, like don't forget the rest investigation. Yeah, yeah, man, he pulls.
Speaker 1: I was looking at him on the sideline and I just thought, dang, he doesn't look well.
Speaker 2: Like he wasn't running well.
Speaker 1: He didn't look well, and it was just like dang, But yeah, man, I just hope he turns out all right, because that's kind of a lot of strain on the body. To have a heart procedure big or small is kind of a big deal. And oh yeah, hit surgery takes his ship ton of recovery on its own. And to do those both in the off season while you're trying to prep for another year, there's a lot of stress. And he's basically been living out of r V the past year, had to.
Speaker 2: Move like it's a lot.
Speaker 1: So yeah, hopefully he can recover well, and you know, the Chargers won't have any soewbacks because finally look like they're building an identity and getting some momentum.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, I think that's it anything you want to run about. Jim Naggy just ethan a dude on Twitter talking about because I guess the guy said, you know, Shador went to the Shrine because he doesn't like Jim Naggy doesn't respect HBCUs. He's like, you mean the same guy who conceptualized the inaugural HBCU combine. You mean the same guy who literally put it all together? You mean the same guy who uh at the first ever like HBCU Coaching Fellowship had an All Star game that the Shrine Bowl just ripped off. I was like, damn, bro, there's there's real heat between the Senior Bowl and the Shrine Bowl. The NFLPA Bowl suffered because of it. Sadly, looking like, looking back on what I know now, it's like, damn heating the guy. It's crazy new year. Got my taxes done, but I to get my teeth fixed. And I beat my mom's asking Jim Rummy only took me U four games, really three games to figure it out. And then the last game I scored like one hundred and ninety five points, smoked her. My mom said, I let you win. I'll let you win, Son, I let you win. I was like, well, don't let me win next time. So yeah, shout out to my mom, Shout out to my two nephews, Shout out to everybody whose apartments were okay from the fires. This last week has been crazy, and it's like, I feel like, at least in Hawthorne, we've just been going about our day like nothing happened. But people they're just you know, they're going through some ship like their lives are ruined forever. It's crazy. People died in some of those fires, like in other parts of the city are completely untouched. Kind of it's a shitty feeling, but it's like, you know, it just makes you kind of grateful for what you have, for what is working. So yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna be practicing more gratitude this year. So that's pretty much it for me. Yeah, it was a good note. I like that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't really have much, just had a good weekend, getting to watch the football games with the boys, fucked around, went out probably too much than we should have, drink some tequila, had some bruise. Overall, nobody got hurt and uh, nobody lost their ship. So and I guess we're still all friends. So yeah, overall successful weekend. Looking forward to just catching up on some bullshit and getting my house together. I'm Catholic, so it's still Christmas, but gotta wrap all that stuff up.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Touchdowns and taes TV's underscore tag is on Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 2: Touchdowns and tanges dot com. We're out. Peace,