Speaker 1: Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine The Games.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Beyond You.
Speaker 3: On jr R.
Speaker 4: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you this morning by JR R's Tripp in Thursday, Hammock Beach Beef Resort, Taco Bob awaits on what the Instagram this morning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one man four day, three nights day and a Hammock Beach golf resort. You want to win it again? That instagram is at one O one one wj r R. Get there before midnight, Bulldog. I know you're probably gonna be a half full guy on this, but are we gonna have to change the name of the future baseball team to the Orlando Pipe Dreamers.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: He's using that one.
Speaker 3: I promise you that I would use it if I thought it was Drewe. I don't think it is. I mean yeah. The news came out yesterday that the Rays and the Rays announced this themselves. They are in quote unquote exclusive discussions with a ownership group led by Jacksonville, the developer Patrick Zalufski, who and you know, concerning a quote possible sale of the team. This story sounds fishy to me. It sounds fishy to me. There's been no indication of this. The Rays have released this themselves. Usually teams do not release that they're in negotiations before anything has been finalized. I think this is Stuart Sternberg just setting the price for his team, is what I think. Okay, what what what really changed yesterday? For for Orlando? You said the pipe dreamers? What really changed yesterday? To me, nothing has changed the change. Tampa Bay still has to build a stadium. They still have to build a stadium. There's you know, is this guy gonna buy a team without a stadium? I don't think so. If Tampa Bay builds a stadium, we have we have no chance of getting a team in Orlando. If Tampa Bay doesn't build a stadium, then we have a chance of getting a team in Orlando. Nothing changed yesterday in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Okay, now you wrote more on this in New Orlando Sentinel dot com.
Speaker 2: But we shall see. We shall see.
Speaker 1: Is this maybe a game? And I hate to be one of those, you know, conspiracy theorists, but is this maybe a game of smoking mirrors where somebody like you said over in Tampa they're doing it to get a price or over here. Do you think it's somebody with the Orlando Regional I.
Speaker 3: Think it's Stu Sternberg, the owner of the Rays, who's who's not liked over in Tampa Bay. So he's he's leaking out that the team. He's in negotiations to sell the team. Why would somebody sell a team just without putting it on the market. I mean, why wouldn't you try to get the best offer you could get this This doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're trying to speed up Orlando on this deal, you know, like our government.
Speaker 3: Well I don't know, No. I think Stuve Sternberg is just trying to get as much money as he can and he's set this price at one point seven billion, which is overpriced for the Rais.
Speaker 2: But we shall see speak in a sports ownership filia.
Speaker 4: Yes, and now let's change sports here and go to the West coast on this doozy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Lakers are being sold the Bus family, the iconic Bus family is entering into agreement, a real agreement, by the way, not like the Rays proposed agreement. A real agreement to sell the Lakers to Mark Walter, who's a global multi billionaire finance guy. He's the guy who owns the Dodgers as well. The franchise is gonna sell for about ten billion dollars. That's the highest ever for a US pro sports franchise. As I mentioned, Walter is the CEO and chairman of TWG Global, which is a financial You know, Matt, he's just a huge financial, financial guy. He owns a bunch of other sports interests, including the Dodgers, including an F one team, Cadillac Formula one go down the list, Chelsea of the Premier League soccer team. So yeah, he owns a bunch of stuff. I think this is uh. You know, the Bus family has obviously been one of the best ownership groups in modern sports history. They won eleven championships while they owned the Lakers. But this guy, with with the NBA getting more and more expensive, I think this guy is gonna be an even better owner for the Lakers because, let's face it, the Bus family that the Lakers were their main source of income. This guy is you know, this is a hobby for him.
Speaker 1: So wouldn't that be nice? Actually, I think if I had all that money, I didn't even think I'd wrap myself around sports and getting the headaches I just be like, he's gotta roll around the money all day.
Speaker 4: With all the stuff that bulldog reeled off that this guy owns, It's more like he's a collector, a hobbyist of yeah.
Speaker 3: When you're a multi time, multime multi billion like he's worth about twel I think twelve billion dollars or something.
Speaker 4: Hey, Men's College World Series is set now. It's gonna be LSU against Coastal Carolina.
Speaker 3: Dog right, the big bad bmth from the SEC against little Coastal Carolina. What percentage of fans outside of LSU fans do you think we'll be rooting for Coastal Carolina?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Lord, about nine? Right? Hey?
Speaker 1: How about the How about Stanley Cup being paraded around? Those dudes bar hopping and they were getting.
Speaker 3: Wild damaged to Stanley Cup. It's got a big dinner in it now.
Speaker 1: That's hockey in hockey though, isn't it.
Speaker 4: They'll have that fixed up in time for the big victory parade on a Sunday in Fort Lauderdale. Den it up again, not to see if they drop any f bombs on Life TV again like.
Speaker 2: They by the way, they haven't.
Speaker 3: I'm still waiting for my invite to be in the parade since I am the number one Panthers fan in the state of Florida, so I should have my own little you know, a little floats.
Speaker 4: Probably you don't have a little VIP area up there on the stage when the parade ends, you.
Speaker 1: Know, And I think you can wait in one hand.
Speaker 3: And you know, by the way, Schadur Sanders, Cleveland Brown's quarterback fell to the fifth round, got arrested for driving one hundred one miles per hour at past midnight in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: The other well done, well done, son, good lord.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: He is Mike the Bulldog Byonchy, host of open mic weekday mornings on adjacent Dust on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game, and he takes a time out from his show to bring us to the sports page each morning here on JRR.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday to the great Anne Wilson of Heart Lusianago on demand download the iHeartRadio app.