Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Come on, good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Ride right, yes, sir, come on now, wake you wake your hands off.
Speaker 1: Snake Eye. Rob Ryan showed checking in Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: All I'll cover songs this morning. Interesting.
Speaker 1: I can tell you it's not even gonna be fair when you see what songs are in there.
Speaker 2: Paul one time in the.
Speaker 1: Hall married the chick from Mile of Me wasn't on yesterday. He did win the day before. He's going to take on Old Greg with all the drops. Most still has no idea what's going on with Old Greg?
Speaker 4: Yes they do.
Speaker 1: Oh they sent you Old Greg all the dms so weird. Right, that game is predetermined. It's going to go down At six twenty Modest Mouse tickets, Flaming Lips tickets on Your Fun Fact Flashback Cage the Elephant tickets before they go on sale tomorrow at ten am.
Speaker 2: We'll get you those tickets. At seven twenty Read My Lips.
Speaker 1: Alex takes on Chile for pit passes to the Summer of lovetour at eight twenty Falling in Reverse tickets on No The Show. So many things to get to today. Chance it's thunderstorms. You gotta be kidding me. I'm not Hi eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Good morning, mo.
Speaker 5: What do you got for uson's headlines, President Trump says the US and Iran will meet next week. He wrapped up the NATO summit with a press conference yesterday and made sure to clarify that US bombs blue Iran's Iran's main nuclear sites to Kingdom come.
Speaker 1: That was his quote.
Speaker 5: As far as we all know, Israel and Iran ceasefires still holding up, and the President thinks both sides are just too tired to fight on. While he was at the conference, he did also meet with the Ukrainian president. That guy asked for Patriot missiles and Trump said he's going to see if we can make some available.
Speaker 4: Trump also plans to speak with Russia's.
Speaker 5: President to seek peace in the Ukraine situation. Hey, Starting today, both Hobby and Bush airports are expecting one of the busiest non holiday weekends of the summer.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Beyonce? Ooh, that's this weekend.
Speaker 5: She's coming home. Huston is rolling up the red carpet. I'm seeing stuff all over the city. It's the cowboy Carter tour. It's Saturday and Sunday NRG. But the surge in travelers begins today. So if travel is in your plans, this is your warning. And if you're interested in the concert, I just checked verified resale tickets start at two hundred and sixty dollars of POMP, but.
Speaker 2: It is sold out. It's just resale tickets.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, good for her.
Speaker 4: Do your friends call you injury prone?
Speaker 6: Rod?
Speaker 1: No? But I know people you know people like that. I know people that just always crazy. If you will, okay, my girlfriend, yes, always has like a bruise on her thigh because you walked into a table or something like.
Speaker 2: There's always some kind of bruise somewhere.
Speaker 1: Not from me, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, thank you for clarifying from me.
Speaker 1: But like little kids you worry about, you do. Sometimes people see my daughter, her legs look a little banged up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what's going on? She plays she plays hard, she.
Speaker 1: Plays hard out they do that.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: Let's do the math for all those clumsy adults.
Speaker 5: The average person suffers thirty five scrapes and bruises each year, so that averages out it's about three a month. And then when you factor in all those injuries you had in childhood, the average lifetime total is around four thousand.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Curad the band Aid brand.
Speaker 5: They're the ones that did the study, And so I think it's funny your childhood obviously upping your injury average.
Speaker 4: And they say, adults, if you just focus.
Speaker 1: A little more, don't get distracted, pay a little more attention.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be better off.
Speaker 1: We got fun.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm striking a nerve with this next story. The og Blues Clues host his name was Steve is launching a.
Speaker 4: New podcast this fall. It's called a Live.
Speaker 1: That guy is beloved by I think your my generation. Yeah, Alex didn't he Alex didn't. He put out something during the pandemic like, hey, it's Steve from Blues Clues, just seeing if you guys are okay, and everybody lost their mind over that. Yeah, look, oh my god, Steve's check get in on us.
Speaker 5: He has this kind demeanor and like some sort of nostalgic drawl to him that I think will make his podcast do well. He said, he recognizes that there's plenty of podcasts out there for you, but you're going to listen to the podcast, Well, it's listening back to you. So he's gonna kind of make it based off Blues Clues, which is about like solving mysteries, if you will, but make it more for adults that.
Speaker 4: Grew up loving him.
Speaker 1: I think it'll do well. He's very successful.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's talk Wolfy van Halen.
Speaker 5: He was supposed to perform at next weekend's huge Black Sabbath send off concert that we've been talking about forever. It's almost here, but Wolfy just announced he's no longer going to be a part of the gig.
Speaker 4: Him and his band Mammoth.
Speaker 5: They're opening for Creed and that tour starts the next day, so logistically, like travel and stuff, he just couldn't swing both. He said he's bummed a miss, but plans to watch the show with the rest of us. The concert will be the final performance of Black Sabbath with the original lineup and Tallica Guns and Roses Tools. So many people are a part of it, looking forward to that next weekend.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Tools on the bill, Alex Tool, oh neat Tool.
Speaker 1: I know what a big fan you are.
Speaker 2: It makes sense what's going out of sports?
Speaker 8: Last year's got another win last night they beat the Phillies two to nothing. They've shut out the Phillies and back to back games. Now they're gonna wrap up their series with Philadelphia this afternoon. Hunter Brown will be on the mount for the Strows going up against the Phillies. Christopher sanchez first pitch is at one ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In basketball, the NBA Draft was last night. Duke Ford Cooper Flag was the first overall pick by the Dallas Mavericks. Rockets took Duke center Kaman Maluak and he was the tenth overall pick, but they're going to be sending him to Phoenix as part of the Kevin Durant trade. In soccer, Houston Dino FC fell to Minnesota United three to one last night.
Speaker 2: That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: I thank God every day that I don't have to do sports on this show because I can't read those names. I cannot do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes. This guy's gotten to do these UFC.
Speaker 1: Fighters on the hockey players. I'm like, I, I believe you would not be able to do it. So good job, buddy, thank you, thank you. Let's go four hours of pain. Who wants in on the first phone call seven one three two one two five, The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four to five, The Buzz, Three Days Grace and Never too Late. We did bring you a new Three Days Grace song this week. We just kind of mo brought it to us in Houston's headlines and one of our music stories. So that was on the music bog page Dominate.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, you're right. I thought it would be good for sports.
Speaker 4: Highlights, running through brick walls and such.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So new music just it's another single, uh from from the from the new album and the new efforts from Three Days Grace. This is where they got both lead singers kind of doing their thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: It just wasn't getting my stuff. I mean, last minute today down to the last minute. It's six oh seven. I didn't send Chile the Looking at Girls blog page until six oh four today because I felt that you had to know that it was Aubrey Plais's birthday. The birthdays are last that I kind of do for the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 2: And then just just because I'm a nerd.
Speaker 1: Terry Nunn, lead singer for Berlin sixty four today, I felt that it had to be on there. I just couldn't send it off.
Speaker 2: I had to put that on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah she's super hot, Oh really super hot. Take my breath Away?
Speaker 2: You know that song?
Speaker 1: Okay, so that sounded just like that. That was probably more of a Jessica Simpsony version. Terry Nunn did the original, but Berlin.
Speaker 4: There was an original, was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was a cover song that your girl did. Okay, so yeah, no more words metro.
Speaker 2: That sex song.
Speaker 1: We play Alex Day all right, so listen, this is what we do. We sit here and we work up until the bell and then we come on and then here we go links and guests is ready to rock. And then I thought, okay, great, I got all my links to Chili Boom.
Speaker 2: My day's over, meaning no, let's just do the show.
Speaker 1: Let's have fun, Let's just have fun. Let's start. Oh no, no, I gotta get words all morning long. I'm gonna get.
Speaker 4: Words for read my Lips Thursday.
Speaker 1: Dallas Daniel just sent me a list of words, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh great, thanks Dallas. Now I gotta work on words all morning long.
Speaker 4: Get fun.
Speaker 1: Please send me your word suggestions. The boys are at it again. Alex takes on Chile today at A twenty so I will curate all of those and I will get those ready to go throughout the show. You email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com Big Game today on read my lips pit tickets to the Summer of Loud Tour sixty chance of thunderstorms again. You know how I feel about that, Inee. It's a pre scheduled game for the fresh out of bed head your head. Paul takes on Old Greg and you know about Old Greg.
Speaker 4: Now I'm aware.
Speaker 2: Did you watch any of that old It's an old I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't even think we were calling them viral videos when Old Greg was viral. Did you watch any.
Speaker 4: I have the videos, I have not watched them.
Speaker 2: Really weird, okay, but super funny.
Speaker 1: Don't know where it came from some British Saturday night live something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's a weird it's a skit and again.
Speaker 1: It was pre viral videos. Old Greg will be on with us taking on Paul.
Speaker 2: I got people calling.
Speaker 4: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: It got too late people hung up. Oop. Sorry, it's gonna be one of those days.
Speaker 4: We'll get through it together.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, I'm just gonna go over to the Vistagram Thursday.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna stare at that for the break, for the commercial break.
Speaker 1: I'm just that'll reset me.
Speaker 4: I think that'll centery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take a break. Yes, I'm gonna go to Links and Guests. I'm gonna stare at the Fix the Grand Thursday for the entire commercial break, and then I think I'm gonna come back a different man.
Speaker 4: Better same Ever.
Speaker 1: I know Chili's got something great for us there, so I need to just that'll reset All right, here we go, guys. I promise we have a good show for you today. On the Flip Gonta Wreck Check, we'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 2: It does rock and alter.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six am, come on, welcome back rod Ryan's show. On this throwback Thursday, all cover songs this morning. Chili has you voting already on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: That's where you'll find sixta gram Thursday. Oh my mind is right. I'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. I'm centered sixty chance of thunderstorms highs up around eighty eight. Hashtag Alita Loresca tam Do you see that?
Speaker 9: Nice?
Speaker 1: She looks super tan this morning? Where has she been? You also missed her this morning, Alex.
Speaker 8: She said something that you loved about my favorite bay, the Bay of Campaign Alita from ABC.
Speaker 1: It's not in the background. She looks super tan today, though she looks great. Yeah, she always looks great.
Speaker 2: It's not campaign a. It's not a real bay. That's what I always say. She does seem to be obsessed with the Bay of Campaign.
Speaker 1: All right, meteorologists, what's trending?
Speaker 2: Diddy is trending.
Speaker 8: His defense team rested their case yesterday, so I guess that means Jerry is going to start today. So that's what people are talking about right now. The NBA Draft is trending. Cooper Flag went number one overall to the Mavericks. He's going to be a bus. The Rockets took Duke Center. Come on, Malawai tenth overall, but doesn't really matter because he's going to the Suns when the new league year begins next week. And then Marge Simpson is trending spoiler alert. They may have killed her off in the season. Finaley and people are talking about that.
Speaker 2: We have a link up that will explain everything. Yeah, there's a whole lot.
Speaker 8: I don't know if there's a flashback, flash forward or something like that, but that's what people are talking about right now because people are upset.
Speaker 2: I saw it everywhere. You can't you can't get rid of March SAMs that people get mad about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one thing, you know, if you're you're killing off some minor character, but that's Game of Thrones, like yeah, killing off a major character like that.
Speaker 2: So that's the training. And I never by the bus. All right. So we got a couple of things here. First, we got Paul.
Speaker 1: I know this this speech is gonna be a little out of date.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody. This is one time Hall of Famer models meet Paul, and it's good to be back on the game after years after. I am your one day fresh.
Speaker 10: Out of band head to head one day Champions, go me on weekday and make it win number two.
Speaker 1: Bitch, I join him on Thursday. That's today. He couldn't play yesterday, so we had two brand new players come on and oh did we have a player? Come on? It comes, Oh grand, he's a scaling manfish.
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody, no bread your fresh house heads had to head one day.
Speaker 1: Chupy join me on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Take out Paul pitches. Yeah, he didn't have much to say on his victory speech, but don't worry.
Speaker 1: We have a million drops for him. I'm all right, so predetermined matchup. I know you're calling to try to get in, but those two guys are taking on one another. Okay, seven one three, I'm giving you the phone number, yeah for later. You're gonna need that for read my lips seven one three five, but don't use it just now. We got we got these guys and it looks like they're walking load ready to.
Speaker 2: Play The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The bus was rados. Okay, ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 2: Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: As the song's playing, I look up my team here and I said, hey, guys, who's the new drummer? The food fighters googling and nothing yet no, we don't.
Speaker 2: They still haven't said anything.
Speaker 1: The food Fighters are still drummerless to our knowledge.
Speaker 2: They got to know. There's no way they're letting.
Speaker 1: Josh Freeze go and not know who they're going to put in there.
Speaker 2: But it's the best kept.
Speaker 1: Secret in rock right now, and we may not know until they hit the stage in October.
Speaker 2: Is a drum machine? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Ai, oh God, I mean do it, Dave, don't do it drum machines? With the first aid, they're playing in Jakarta, Indonesia. Maybe I love Jakarta, right, But the big gig that they announced was the F one Race in Singapore.
Speaker 2: They're going to be playing that weekend that is October fourth.
Speaker 1: So they got a Tokyo show Osaka, Japan, they got Mexico City and that's it. So those other dates, so they may keep us waiting until October until we find out who's going to be behind the kit, who's the new drummer.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sixty percent chance of thunderstorms. I don't know what's going on all this rain. I don't know anything. I don't even Oh I got you, what do you?
Speaker 1: I pulled up in the park.
Speaker 2: I pulled up in the parking garage.
Speaker 1: They said, how did I get you? And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. I got Old Greg over here, Old Greg, Good morning, i'mrl Gren busy little man preach. Good to have you back on, dude, you won yesterday.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you stepping in.
Speaker 1: You're going for wind number two and we are in one of those weird situations where we welcome back Paul, who is also going for win number two. One time in the hall mile to meet Paul. Good morning, good morning, okay, bro, welcome back. What are they playing for?
Speaker 5: We got a pair of tickets to see Gaslight Anthem and Counting Crows. They're going to be at Smart Financial Center and sugar Land on July thirty first.
Speaker 1: Alex has told me that the Offspring show is the one he's looking forward to the most. Yes, I feel like this is your number two, like you feel I would say, so, you feel like this is the second best show of the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, good ticket. It is a good ticket. I didn't really want to win if I were playing today. Oh yeah, I'd really want to win two? Really embarrassing.
Speaker 1: It was this one, like not show your face for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, jeez.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we've got some pretty good players here, Old Greg and Paul. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Here comes the questions. Number one, how many wheels? Greg?
Speaker 11: I'm on, Greg, go for it?
Speaker 1: Four show me four? No, no, fuzzy little man Peach went early, Paul, how about the complete question? How many wheels does a trisickle have?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 1: Try meeting three?
Speaker 2: I feel like we just had that quest. I feel like Moe hates both of you.
Speaker 4: Everyone, Welcome to the MO Show.
Speaker 1: I don't know did we asked that question recently?
Speaker 2: I know if we did, then you should know the answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you know what, Old Greg even double shame.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know we've.
Speaker 8: Literally given you the answer before, and why wouldn't you get it?
Speaker 1: Does John keep track of the questions too?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I don't know that he does. I bet she's going to start now, Old Greg Paul Paul's on the board. Question number two, which Kids Cartoons Show featured Steve Oh, miss Paul for the win? Three one okay, speeding all over the place. Where's Adam the cop? This is not easy for me, Old Greg, I don't know how old you are. Which kids cartoon show featured Steve Mister Salt Mailbox, and Blue, amongst other characters.
Speaker 2: Three two it's the dog show.
Speaker 1: I don't know the name of Blues Clues. That was great after the buzzer, he also said the name Blue.
Speaker 2: I said blue in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was a clue.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh Blue was using blue and the question was a clue.
Speaker 4: I tried to help.
Speaker 1: It's so meta, you know me. Here we go it speeding on two questions in a row. Question number three. The slogan just like you like it has been used since two thousand and one for which orange and white fast food chain? Old Greg, Yeah, I didn't know the slogan, but the orange and white is what did it? She saved your ass on that. Greg's on the board. Welcome back to the game, Greg, geez, it's about time.
Speaker 2: Just tearing through most questions the way everything tarran for the win. Who wrote the play Romeo and Juliet, Greg.
Speaker 1: Old Greg William Shakespeare winner.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's a good time, Paul.
Speaker 1: He just he just.
Speaker 2: Got in there before you.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll pick your word for it. You know what, that little delay told me everything I need to know.
Speaker 2: I'll leave it at this. I'll leave it at this.
Speaker 1: Alex, give me an approximate time that this podcast will be available to listen to by eight o'clock. All right, Paul, and then I believe you maybe just a little email and maybe just a little follow up email after you listen to it. Paul, I'm great having you back on Old Greg. It's a hard fought battle you want to play tomorrow? Get there, Okay, dude, that was a hard one.
Speaker 2: I'm all Greg.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four, The.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four or five, The Buzz Panic at the Disco, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Well we finally have an undisputed champion, and Old Greg got it done today the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 12: It's Old Greg.
Speaker 2: You're undisputed two day champion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a boording, the Fuzzy Man, Teach one, pomp chump, going me.
Speaker 2: On free beer Fridays.
Speaker 1: I make it win number three. All right, Hey, Chili, I talked to Hal He's not gonna make it this morning unless you've got a hold of him. I don't think he was able to was I don't think he was able to get a call through. So Chilli, is that you dialing out on that line? I don't know you're you're waving to me, you're giving me no, I'm talking to Greg.
Speaker 2: Oh you're talking to Greg right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, yeah, no hell this morning. And then as soon as I said that we weren't going to have hell on, Alex goes, Oh I got this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, do you know I know the markets?
Speaker 1: I know these you're you're in our stock guy.
Speaker 2: You know the pole.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be hearing about your bitcoins in your I want to be hearing about your coins. Okay, I want to be hearing or I don't want to hear about your Pokemon cards.
Speaker 2: You'll hear what you hear.
Speaker 1: Jesus that to the day.
Speaker 2: Let me do this first.
Speaker 8: We make you look.
Speaker 1: Smart, everybody.
Speaker 9: It's the fun that to the day.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't mind you joining me for the fun.
Speaker 1: Facts.
Speaker 2: I'm scared about the rock out segments.
Speaker 1: Don't be scared. I'm very scared scared of life. Does everybody know that Elvis never went overseas except for being in the army where you went to Germany. He was stationed with my uncle Stan. It's a whole another story. Elvis never had any concerts. The Colonel, his manager, kept him here. Huh. Elvis only had three concerts outside of the US his entire career.
Speaker 2: They were all in Canada. In nineteen fifty.
Speaker 1: Seven, he played Toronto, Ottawa, and I think Vancouver. That's it. He never can He never played overseas. He's like the biggest entertainer of all time. But once you see the Elvis story, then you'll understand why the Colonel was so corrupt. Alex the World Series, you know, they tinkered back in the day that Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: They had a best of nine four.
Speaker 1: Times instead of the traditional best of seven at Socks nineteen oh three, nineteen nineteen, nineteen twenty, and nineteen twenty one. The goal was to what generate more revenue by having more games A lot of baseball best of nine.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's great when your team's in it, but come on, best of nine.
Speaker 8: Stop.
Speaker 2: Finally, two things going on at the same time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: These are just things in my mind. That I wouldn't put together. At the time that General Custer had his Custard's last Custer's last stand, right, General Custer had his left stand against the Native American tribes in the West. While he was fighting in the West, they were just wrapping up the Brooklyn Bridge, which still stands today in the East.
Speaker 2: That's neat. Those two things were going on at the same time. Wild, really wild.
Speaker 11: It's the fuck back.
Speaker 1: To the day. We make you look smart and funny. Every body's it's the fuck that to the day?
Speaker 2: All right, what you're giving away?
Speaker 4: We got a pairy take and see Modest Mouse.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be with the Flaming Lips seven one through Music Hall in August. Tickets to run sale now ticket master dot com or we have a pair for you.
Speaker 1: It's your fuck all right? The flashback today, get you calling in here for this? Uh? What where on the scale of close encounters? Is uh getting a weanering from an alien? Seven one three, two one two five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: Please forgive me for what's about to happen.
Speaker 1: Alex said that he's got it, He's got there, given h Hi alex Oho, just make it quick. Let's rock out with our stock direct please, that's just that's illegal. What do you what happened?
Speaker 2: Well, the markets are looking pretty good yesterday. Oh god, it was good stuff.
Speaker 1: This is bad.
Speaker 8: We had the big studs were Navidia, Tesla and Micron Technology. The big duds AT and T, Amazon and United. We got oil trading for sixty seven dollars and seventy six cents a barrel right now seems good.
Speaker 2: And futures oh, they're on the upside.
Speaker 8: Gangs so so bye bye hy today, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. I'm Alex P.
Speaker 8: Middleton, Managing director at The Rod Ryan Show, KTVZ, Houston, twelve thirty three West loops out and this please rock out your stockouts.
Speaker 13: Expects poland and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates. Income Ever, NYT AS, IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmisson.
Speaker 4: We'll continue.
Speaker 13: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m This program is for educational and informational purposes on the stones and dues are based on movement as reported by Young.
Speaker 10: Finance, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning.
Speaker 4: Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, looking for Caleb?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Yes, good morning, Hi Caleb. How are you?
Speaker 11: I'm doing all right yourself?
Speaker 1: Rud great. There's a scale of close encounters, like the close encounter of the first kind is seeing a UFO.
Speaker 2: Close encounter of the third kind is seeing one?
Speaker 1: What on this where on the scale of close encounters is getting a weanering by an alien?
Speaker 11: I believe it was a close encounter of the seventh kind seven in heaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice shot, cayleb Yeah, the seventh kind is having sex with an alien. Abduction is a fourth kind. I don't know what those ones in the middle are. Congratulations, you just won the fun fact flashback? What do you hooking them up with? Caleb?
Speaker 5: You're going to see Modest Mouse and the Flaming Lips. It's seven p one to three Music Hall. It will be there August twentieth. Tickets are on sale now ticket mester dot com. But we're hooking out friend.
Speaker 11: All right, that's awesome, thank you'all.
Speaker 4: All because you know about Alien Nippi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're in homeroom. Dude, you're a superior. You're one of the superior beings on this earth that you're in homeroom with us, up early every day. Sharp knows his stuff, knows all these the encounters, Caleb, hang on, bro, thank you. Next Hour, Cage the Elephant. If you missed it, we announced that show the other day. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. They're playing October sixth, seven point three Music Hall. A couple of bands that are opening up. Mo and I took a listen. One of the songs I couldn't even tell you off the top of my heads. You god, twenty five million views on YouTube, so I'm sure they know what they're doing, but I don't know these bands that are opening for them on this tour.
Speaker 4: Different.
Speaker 1: I see you're talking about weather, so I'll let you do that.
Speaker 2: Coming up in Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: What you got today, Moe, Well, let's talk about President Trump first, okay? He said, US and Iran will meet next week. He wrapped up the NATO summit with a press conference yesterday, just clarifying that the US bombs already blew up Iran's nuclear sites, blew them to quote kingdom come, he said. But this morning, I RAN's quote Supreme Leader, that's what he's called. He just spoke for the first time. This is breaking and he claimed quote victory. So I'm sure that's going to be circulating.
Speaker 2: But think about it in Tyran.
Speaker 1: You're over there and you just got your uranium supply annihilated.
Speaker 2: Are you going to admit to it? No? So who did you believe here?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let's also talk about.
Speaker 5: Forty While at NATO, Trump also met with the Ukrainian president, who asked for patriot missiles. Trump said, we'll see if we can make them available, and he plans to speak with the Russian president to seek Ukrainian peace.
Speaker 4: Rod, I know you're loving all the sweat weather.
Speaker 5: So here I am putting on my meteorologist hat, bombing me out sixty chance of showers and thunderstorms today. Later in the day, temperatures will climb into the nineties. The rain will cool things off later. But to answer your question, how much longer will this wet weather.
Speaker 2: Last, please answer that for me.
Speaker 5: It really looks like things are going to drop off tomorrow and Saturday, which is great. More rain on Sunday, then the faucet's going to shoot off. So after Sunday the first of July, we have Saharan dust, so smokin' hot fourth of July but not but not wedding.
Speaker 4: Does that feel good? How do you feel about that? We're going to get through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will trade.
Speaker 1: I will trade the heat, which we're kind of accustomed to. I will trade the heat for no rain. Yes, thank you?
Speaker 4: All right, you know we be shopping right.
Speaker 5: Recently released numbers are now telling us where we're shopping, and loser is Amazon, Yes online, okay. Amazon is the top e commerce site in the country, three hundred and ninety million monthly users on the website, two hundred and fifty five million on their app.
Speaker 2: So you guys, aren't that upset about Jeff Bezos? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You mean, we're paying for his wedding. It just seems like there's a lot of outrage about him and being a billionaire and all the other excesses and chicks and space and everything else.
Speaker 2: Doesn't seem to be affecting the website at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's doing okay, okay, And just for perspective, Amazon is doing double what their biggest competitor.
Speaker 4: Walmart does.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Walmart's number two on online shopping website and online shopping app.
Speaker 2: What do you have there?
Speaker 4: Top top five of each.
Speaker 1: So is Overstock in the top five? No is okay, I'll get this is home Depot in the top five?
Speaker 8: No? Really?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, give me the three was surprising. So Amazon and Walmart are top two.
Speaker 2: I knew those.
Speaker 5: eBay is still the number three online shopping websites.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Online shopping app number three, Tamu. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, fans?
Speaker 4: Do you have the app?
Speaker 5: Because it was the most downloaded app in the United States in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: What come out in the Water's fine? Don't worry these goods and services. I mean that knife is already dull, but still it's awesome. I cut two tomatoes with my sword and then it's already dull.
Speaker 2: Top It's okay, It's okay, it looks cool.
Speaker 1: I literally bought like this crazy, the craziest knife you've ever seen.
Speaker 4: And it made it through custom just fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, fly it here myself. I mean, how good of a knife was that?
Speaker 2: All right, come on in, it's great, all right.
Speaker 5: I'm here to report the news, just so you know. And the news is that the Simpsons killed off March. Folks are talking because of the finale of season thirty six, And if you don't want to hear the explanation, just don't get online because it's everywhere.
Speaker 4: The episode is called eat.
Speaker 5: A Stranger Things, I Think, And it starts with Marge telling Bart and Lisa to always stay close because she and Homer won't always be around. It's a mom thing to say, right, Well, then the show flashes forward thirty five years, Bart and Lisa have drifted away and Marge is no longer with us. They show her tombstone, beloved Wife, Mother, and pork Chop seasoner. But then it's a flash forward. It's decades into the future. Okay, So I'm actually dead.
Speaker 2: Brilliant of them to get the headlines that a major character is getting.
Speaker 4: Killed many headlines.
Speaker 1: It's like they're getting killed off kind of.
Speaker 4: I mean, eventually we all die.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's talk about good Charlotte because they're officially back. I think The pop punk Kings have just unveiled their brand new singles called Rejects. It's taken from their upcoming eighth album, which is out August eighth.
Speaker 4: I believe Rejects.
Speaker 2: I really like it? You do?
Speaker 11: I do?
Speaker 1: Is this another song that Wizard needs to hear?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, we're really keeping them busy.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's summer Jammy, Okay, I'll wait.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's got a fish.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to Stacy's mom.
Speaker 2: It's very Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Pretty Stacy's mom. I'm getting that vibe chorus. The port is very good.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's nothing that I'm hearing that I don't like. It's very unbranded. Every old school good Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Okay, send it to the whiz like nine songs we want?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: What you got over there? Well, the Astros got another win last night.
Speaker 8: They beat the Phillies two to nothing, so they've shut them out and back to back games. Now they're gonna wrap up their series with this afternoon Hunter Brown Bean them out for the shows going up against the Phillies. Christopher Sanchez first pictures at one ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. The NBA Draft was last night and duke forward Cooper Flag was selected first overall by the Mavericks. He'll be a bust. We're just gonna start calling him Pooper Flag. Oh my, I guess Nation Rockets took Duke Center. Come on, Mallowop with the tenth overall pick. But he'll be sent to Phoenix as part of the Kevin Durant trade. And then in soccer Houston, DINAFC felt to Minnesota. You dinited three one last night.
Speaker 2: Thinking about making a move. We'll move, Yeah, would you make a.
Speaker 1: Move putting you on Rock out permanently bringing haling for sports. I don't know.
Speaker 8: This job doesn't pay enough for how Probably wouldn't do it. But that's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: Houston's rock alternative, The Rod Ray Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: That's the verve and bittersweet symphony.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the seven o'clock cour the seventh spot.
Speaker 2: If you're carrying over from home room, thank you for just joining us.
Speaker 1: Wakey wakey, hands off, Cupcakey Mo tells me that we have some more rain. It's looking like this afternoon, sixty percent chances some thunderstorms today. You're telling me a little bit of rain tomorrow and then Saturday or Friday and Saturday we're in the clear.
Speaker 4: Friday and Saturday in the clear.
Speaker 1: Baby, were on Sunday. And then that's it. You're turning off the foss You're turning off the fosces. It's the one part of the whole damn Houston headlines that I heard most, turning.
Speaker 2: Off the faucets.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Enough with the rain enough.
Speaker 1: I hate to be the guy that bitches hibout the weather on the radios, like enough with the rain. The Fixtagram Thursday is a wonderful submission today. It's a It's a great thing that we have for you on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. That's where I need you to go and vote all covers. Alex's next break, we'll do a song clip. I haven't looked at the voting. Tell me where you, Alex, tell me where you think this lies. Stp There led Zeppelin cover of Dancing Days, which is great Corns cover of Word Up Cameo, Right, I think Cameo did the original Johnny Cash Hurt.
Speaker 2: It's not even close, right, Johnny Cash Hurt. It's gonna be I would imagine it's gonna be a landslide. I haven't even looked a.
Speaker 1: Word up.
Speaker 2: It's a great cover.
Speaker 4: I just looked. Oh boy, it's eighty six and only cash.
Speaker 1: That'll change, all right, that'll change once it doesn't. It might. I just I can't be that.
Speaker 2: I can be wrong on so many things.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: I don't need to win.
Speaker 1: I just need to understand. It's a good song with like kind of like.
Speaker 2: I don't think I wonder.
Speaker 1: When you're listening to like, I want to hear something that's cool. I don't think it's gonna be close when it all, when it's all said and done at nine thirty this morning, I really don't. I don't know cover songs though it's a it's a bit of an equalizer. Yeah, it's you know, because they're covers, and these songs mean different things to different people.
Speaker 2: So I don't know that was dumb. You can say that about any song.
Speaker 1: That's why we do it. That's why we just don't play a throwback Thursday song at nine thirty? What fun would that be? We just let Radio Wizard pick one song and put it in there. No, we let the worst song, right, We let you guys vote on it, So give yourselves a little bit more say in the matter. So I do like I still like the element of the throwback Thursday. I think it's fun. I do. I got CAD's the Elephant tickets coming up for you. I want to thank everybody that was just flooding in boxes and social media. Waterburger Wednesday with such a such a success. I don't know. Did I get more pictures? Did I see more pictures this year than I have in years past? It feels like it. The last they were coming in at nine I was telling mo nine nine thirty, ten o'clock, people are eating water Burger.
Speaker 2: You guys are wildlings.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what we're doing at that time?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'd been sleeping a couple of hours.
Speaker 1: Nicole, uh pottery, Nicole eleven eleven. I think the picture came in now, did was it? Were they eating earlier? But it was like a family eating session with Waterburger at eleven eleven, She sent me the picture.
Speaker 2: Now was it?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's when she finally got around to sending it to me. I don't know if there if that was, if that was live time eating water burger at eleven o'clock at night. Man, I can't wait to be done with this job and so I could go eat and I want to eat waterburger at eleven kidding me, I'm still gonna be in bed. Okay, even when I don't have to get up early. There's no way I'm gonna be up at eleven like ten last night.
Speaker 2: You got to bed at ten. I want to beat it.
Speaker 1: You ate, Alex. We gotta work on this.
Speaker 2: I'm with this guy. It's a busy day.
Speaker 1: I can't work how. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Showed up today.
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 11: I did stocks.
Speaker 4: Your body's here.
Speaker 1: He did rock out more than already selling it life all right?
Speaker 2: Well, coming up, we're gonna do song clips.
Speaker 1: Let me. I don't know, take it listen. No, we're done with this. That segment's done in the market. Thanks bro, Why don't you just work on trending? Done? I don't want to hear stocks that are trending. I want to hear real trending things and Apple. All right, coming up trending red Jack. We'll give away caves the Elephant tickets, and then we will get those song clips set up for you.
Speaker 2: Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 4: Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Throw Back third day.
Speaker 1: We'll figure out who's in the lead, will give you numbers. You can easily get that on your own by voting for Throwback Thursday. The winning song will be played at nine point thirty. It's all cover songs today, which I do think it's a cool wrinkle in the songs of sixty percent chance of thunderstorms could hit us early afternoon ties up around eighty eight, Alex look ahead. But the first time we're playing this ten year song in the morning, I believe.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's the first spin for this right. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, So at least for us in the morning, we got a newer song, So that's always exciting. But the guy that ate dinner at ten o'clock last night, so lord knows what, I'm not even gonna don't want to know. He ate dinner at ten pm. He didn't go to bed before he ate dinner so true. Here's the guy that's gonna tell you what's trending. Well, Thanksagram, Thursday is trending Uilani Owens?
Speaker 2: Is her name maybe?
Speaker 1: And if you got some more sleep you would know her name.
Speaker 2: What is your name? Right? Ulani Owens? Obvious truck driver Carlos gives us otry takes three on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 8: You can go check her out at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Diddy Trial is trending again. The closing arguments are set to begin today in the Diddy Trial, and then the Bear is trending.
Speaker 2: You told me this morning you.
Speaker 8: Watch the first episode? Season four came out yesterday. All the episodes are out. What was your thoughts on in the first episode. I have not watched yet.
Speaker 1: They don't waste any time. They just get right into it. There's no they don't even run some kind of a minute and a half montage of how we got here? Nothing really, they just expect you to know where they're at.
Speaker 2: And rewatched it comes.
Speaker 1: It starts no spoilers, but it starts with a flashback, okay to nothing that we've seen before but chaos, and I can comfortably say this without ruining it.
Speaker 2: But some people come back on the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, good. I liked it. I like the chaos. I'm trying to get mo excited about it. I don't know if she's I don't know. If her and never then the hubs are going to get into it. But because maybe you don't want that chaos in your life.
Speaker 5: Isn't a lot of pressure to recommend a TV show like this to someone like you?
Speaker 4: Guys hype it up.
Speaker 1: I know, but I'm telling you that it's it's like my heart is racing at the end of it. I don't know if that's a good thing. I don't know if that's why. You know, people tell me they watch these TV shows and they just want to get lost for a while and not think mindless.
Speaker 2: The show gives me many panic attacks.
Speaker 1: Oh it sounds awesome, can't wait?
Speaker 2: Super fun. It's super fun. But that's training on a night by the buzz. Won't you give away some tickets?
Speaker 5: I would love to, because we have a pair of tickets to see Cage the Elephants. They're going to be seven to one three Music Hall on October sixth. Tickets don't even go on sales till tomorrow at ten am ticketmaster dot com. But we'll give them to you if your caller ten. Our phone number is seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Okay, and song clips coming up for Throwback Thursday, and right now, something new for us here in the Morning. It's called The Optimist. It's from ten years, which have really these guys put a lot of time in between their record releases, so I'm happy that they're back.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to this together.
Speaker 1: Ten years The Optimist rod Ryan Show ninety four or five to the Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. That's ten years with their friends Conquered Divide helping them on that song, that's the Optimist. I believe that's an older song that's just been reworked, which also has been out for a while. I have more questions than I have answers on that one. I liked it.
Speaker 2: I liked it a lot as a matter of fact, but I know I've heard that song before. All Right, it rocks.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to complain about it. Good Morning.
Speaker 2: Radio Wizard.
Speaker 1: We do have about ten songs that we've been featuring on the show in the last three weeks that we'd like you to take a long look at. And as early as this morning, Moe already played a brand new song from The Little Those.
Speaker 2: Pesty Twins, Good Charlotte, Good Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah, which was good, we liked, which was really really good. We played a new three Days Grace song recently, we played that song off of the F one soundtrack, that Sharing and Wizard. I know we turned him onto that one. He wasn't aware of that. With Dave roll on drums and John mayor John Mayer on guitar yard so I mean without with or without the Wizard, we're breaking new music on this show.
Speaker 2: Where is there that you with us or not? Okay, come on take this ride with us. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Let's go over to the phones.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 3: This is Brian?
Speaker 1: Brian?
Speaker 2: Are you on this ride with us in the morning? I need to know every morning, every morning, every morning.
Speaker 1: I need to know if you're either out you sound like a guy that's in your color? Ten Bryan, what's up? Friends?
Speaker 4: You're going to see k jellophont Oh.
Speaker 2: That is so awesome, man, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. That's great.
Speaker 2: I never win, Harley, so I'm super stoked.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're pumped for you. Thanks for being with us. You've got these tickets before they even go on sale. They go on sale tomorrow ten am. Ticketmaster dot com. But you're in, Brian.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. My wife will be glad.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I appreciate you. Hey, Brian, I'm gonna put in a vote for you real quick. We've got three I'm gonna I'm gonna play the song clips. If you had your choice at nine thirty, would you want Stone Temple Pilots cover of Dancing Days, Horn's Word Up or Johnny Cash's Hurt?
Speaker 2: What would be your vote?
Speaker 1: Stone Table Pilots Dancing Days?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it because you like the version? Do you like the version?
Speaker 2: Or are you just a big Zeppelin fan?
Speaker 1: Zeppelin and Stone Table Pilots.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, how can you go wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I understand that it'll be interesting to see how this thing plays out because that was a huge song for them. Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you being in every morning, Okay, dude.
Speaker 1: Not a problem.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you all right, you rule, all right, let's take a listen.
Speaker 1: It's all cover songs this morning on throwback Thursday. This is STP Dancing.
Speaker 2: Days, Dance Days. I'm good.
Speaker 1: I hate to give you the listener more ammo than you already have, but I'll say it. I never liked it.
Speaker 2: I never liked it.
Speaker 1: I'm huge. Is that one fan? Really don't have a.
Speaker 2: Pilot's one of my favorite bands of all time.
Speaker 1: It didn't hit for me. I don't know what it was when I saw STP back in the day and they jumped on that whole unplugged thing for a while and this was a part of that. And they would break down in the middle of their show and they go into the middle of the arena and then they would do a couple of songs acoustic. And people lost their minds when this came on. And I didn't know if they liked the cover or if they just people love led Zeppelin.
Speaker 2: You know, I can never figure it out.
Speaker 1: Maybe people do agree with me. It's in last place. It's getting killed right now. It's all cover songs, though originally done by Cameo. It's this corn bra and word up. It's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really fun, the most fun all okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's where that line. That's where that line originally comes from. Put your hands in the air like you don't care. I believe this is the genesis of that line. This song, oh most rocking a little bit. I like it.
Speaker 10: I hurt myself today.
Speaker 6: To see it first, to see.
Speaker 1: The Man in Black covered nine inch Nails hurt. And this was one of the first times that I heard people talk that a cover song could be better than the original. There are people that don't believe that. I get in trouble with the shining down thing all the time. I'm not fighting you this morning. I'm not up for it. I don't think this is better than the original, but I'm in the minority. People think Johnny Cash made this song his own, and even Trent Reznor of nine and Nails said that Johnny Cash did it better than him. Yes, he got the genius of Rick Rubin turning all the knobs and stuff in the studio.
Speaker 8: The best cover just though, had to be Radio Wizard. What, Yeah, we used to do half a grand in a band? Oh God, you've never heard this story.
Speaker 2: The Radio Wizard? Does he do have audio of him seeing this song.
Speaker 1: But do you have it?
Speaker 2: I think I do? Oh god, stop it.
Speaker 1: Guy wrote a song for us, okay, storygging, Oh Alex, Alex, what have you done?
Speaker 2: Alex? What have I don't? I don't know, man. I wanted to make sure she's filled in all this.
Speaker 5: Appreciate that I do because I need filled in all right.
Speaker 2: This is something story time.
Speaker 1: So sit back, kids. Is this when we first started taking ten calls or something in a band? Okay, but it was the ten something about the ten color nine. Okay, I'm trying to find it. You're looking for it. So a listener wrote us a song and said, hey, I don't know if one of you guys can sing this, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, here you go.
Speaker 1: Mark Sherman, Okay from Sunny ninety nine point one can sing his ass off. No, he can sing his ass off and play guitary like church and everything it plays piano, he can sing his ass off. Okay, he's like the big boss around here. Yeah. Okay, So I emailed it to him and I see seed Radio Wizard.
Speaker 2: Radio Wizard printed out those lyrics and ran to.
Speaker 1: The production studio where Jeremy was and said, dude, dude, roll tape on this.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, now he knows I sent it to Mark Shearon.
Speaker 1: Okay, I believe and I know Radio Wizard constantly accuses me of having a revisionist version of the hit story that's.
Speaker 2: Happened in this radio stage.
Speaker 4: Is that why he's calling right now?
Speaker 1: I am telling the story to a tea. So now the part that I did make up is as as Radio Wizard is singing, he's got his foot wedged up against the door, and Mark Sherman's trying to get Hey, that was meant for me.
Speaker 2: That I was supposed to be saying that shine Jeremy roll tape. Don't worry about it. Mark, just ignore. Ignore the man behind the door. I ignore him. Oh God, half grand in a band, Radio Wizard, you have it?
Speaker 12: I do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Now Johnny Cash is gonna win for sure?
Speaker 8: Can we play this instead of Johnny Cash?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're about to hear so neus strength of our boss singing his version of half grand in a band. I call the.
Speaker 7: Just see if I could win. I focus on the ten. The only one that's real.
Speaker 14: Tears a hole.
Speaker 2: The old Blue.
Speaker 4: Gave it a try, trying to get an.
Speaker 2: It is supposed to be me, Me.
Speaker 4: Holy moly, what have.
Speaker 1: I become.
Speaker 2: Number nine again?
Speaker 14: I know gets to ten in the end, and I could have it all my.
Speaker 2: Word of the grand end. Aybody got any other tapes of their bosses singing? Send them in, send them? Oh wow, everyone has one of these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's our boss Radiofford. All right, well, god, I had no idea corn Word up in the lead right now. Yes, the Radio Wizard's version is not up for voting, but you can vote on links and guests at the Buzz dot com ninety four five The Buzz. Let me repeat myself. You cannot vote on Radio Wizard's version.
Speaker 2: That no same.
Speaker 1: There are three songs in there today for throwback Thursday. Okay, forget what you've heard on this radio show previous to right now, starting now, We're in a new world here, okay. Corn Word up seventy two percent of the vote. Johnny Cash hurt twenty two percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: Surprises me. Stp Dancing Days five percent.
Speaker 1: So not a whole lot of movement since well, I think everybody's still doubled over from what we played on the air, So I guess you'll get around to voting. You vote on the world famous Rod Ryan show page at the Buzz dot Com Again, thank you guys all for sending in those pictures and everything that went down with Waterburger yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was such a great day.
Speaker 1: I was in such a good mood all day yesterday and they caught me off guard with that seventy five hundred dollars check. I didn't think we were getting that much money. That's a huge help, but it's it's just it's another notch. It's just getting a little bit closer. But man, we got a long way to go. We have a lot of fundraising to do this summer. There's a lot of summer left this summer, so I need your help. If you haven't checked out the rod Ryan Show Cares online store again, I may just wear our merchandise from now until we pass out the backpack.
Speaker 4: That's a new one.
Speaker 1: It's good. Yeah, it's it's morning radio vibes and are you in or you out? You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's like a light blue cloud sky blue tie.
Speaker 1: Die, yeah, die, it's it's vibe. I think this is a really really great shirt. If if you like it, you can buy this shirt that I'm went not exactly not the one that I.
Speaker 4: Up would you sell it?
Speaker 2: Of course I would ure you washed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll sell it right now. I'll sell the shirt right now after a workout, anytime, any day, where do you want it, I'll bring it to you. I will sell you this shirt if it's going to make money for charity. This shirt is available.
Speaker 2: The same style shirt is available in.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Chili has it on links and guests.
Speaker 10: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six.
Speaker 2: The Bus Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: On this throwback Thursday, have you had a chance to cast your vote yet? Three songs all covers corn stp and The Man in Black, Johnny Cash.
Speaker 2: Sixty chance of thunderstorms.
Speaker 1: Today we might hit ninety most talk a little bit about the rain this morning, but right now she's got some other things that she's got to get into. Read my lips. This next hour put away to China. The boys are at it again. Alex takes on Chile. I need word suggestions. I need you to email me directly rot at Thebuzz dot com. And if I use your word, You're gonna feel so great about yourself. You're gonna feel so good that you got the name shout out. Oh my god, they used my word today.
Speaker 2: So don't you want that in your life?
Speaker 1: So email me Rod at the Buzz dot com with some great word suggestions for the game. Right now, there's Mom right there with with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Good morning. President Trump says the US and I ran on meet next week.
Speaker 2: Okay, he wrapped up.
Speaker 5: The NATO summit and he said he confirmed that US bombs blue Iran's main nuclear.
Speaker 4: Sail there to Kingdom.
Speaker 1: Come, okay, it's not a word for me.
Speaker 4: I did see that.
Speaker 5: I and Supreme Leader Guy just spoke for the first time since the US strikes and the guy claimed quote victory.
Speaker 4: So there's that.
Speaker 1: It's like when you get punched and you say it didn't hurt and you're limping away.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it's like you're holding your arm.
Speaker 1: You're like, it didn't hurt.
Speaker 2: That didn't hurt it all.
Speaker 4: We're fine, everything's fine.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we're just we're just trying to keep up on this stuff, like you guys are.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 5: Starting today, both Hobby and Bush Airports are expecting one of the busiest non holiday weekends of the summer. And why it's because Beyonce is coming home and Houston is rolling out the red carpet.
Speaker 12: Okay, so a lot of people coming into town Cowboy Carter Tour.
Speaker 5: It's Saturday and Sunday Energy sold out obviously the surge of travelers though they're expecting to start today.
Speaker 1: I wonder that that's something I've never thought of an artist this way. Is there anything to seeing your favorite artist on their home field? I think so, like a home game's.
Speaker 5: Just like so proud of Houston has so many ties and connections here that I feel like she might like do something different at a show in Houston.
Speaker 1: If you live so, you live in Portland, Oregon, and you love Beyonce, is it on your bucket list to see Beyonce in Houston?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think if you're in Houston, it's a big deal this see. Yeah, I don't think you care if you're like.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, people have told me, you know what, I gotta be honest with you, Rod, I kind of want to go to a Bills game. I don't really, but I want to be. I want to see them in Buffalo. They want to go to the stadium. Yeah, you wanna go to the state. That's different though, Like Beyonce doesn't have her own stadium. Okay, all right, I'm just throwing it out there.
Speaker 2: Why are people Pearl Jam in Seattle? Dude, like you want to go see Pearl Jam, I'd be.
Speaker 1: I do not care.
Speaker 2: I see Pearl Jam anywhere and.
Speaker 4: Say things about like places in Houston.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad story though. Seeing Pearl Jam in Seattle, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Get it, and and everybody knows, like Eddie is from Chicago, do people go to Chicago. HiT's Eddie's hometown. He's going to really bring it on. He's gonna make that show special.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, you went to Food Fighters in Washington, d C.
Speaker 8: Because Dave Grohl's role was from from up from Virginia, right, so there is something to it. You were like, he's gonna he's gonna kick ass. And I mean, I think to some people maybe if it's your favorite band, it means a lot more. But like I forgot, if you're just a casual Beyonce fan, I don't think you're like, well, I gotta go see your Houston. You gotta go fly to Houston instead of just like would you have rather blown to see San Francisco, to see Metallica or just see them two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: I gotta admit something would be pretty cool about seeing them in their hometown, you know. So yeah, I understand the different people.
Speaker 2: It means different things to me personally. It probably wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're not in the beehive, No, not at all.
Speaker 5: Do your friends say your injury prone, Alex, No, that's good. I know people that are, and I want to do the math for them right now. Because the average person suffers thirty five scrapes and bruises each year, which is about three a month.
Speaker 1: Would you say your average below average?
Speaker 2: I mean I'm looking below average strained calf right now.
Speaker 5: You know, all out over there, I think about my kid kids are above as.
Speaker 1: I get nervous when London London's legs can get really beat up with some bites, bruises and falling scrapes, and then I start worried, like I remember being worried talking to my neighbor about this. I'm like, man, London's legs are really really beat up. I'm nervous, like somebody's gonna call child protective Services on me. And he said, you know, my sister is a child psychologist, and she said they tend to worry about the kids that have nothing on them, that they're not playing enough. He goes, she's fine. A kid like a kid has nothing childhood? Are they going outside and playing at all? Because, to think about it, that's just going to happen.
Speaker 5: So adults, if you're covered in breezes, you need to focus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you focus more. I don't want to say it out loud because I'm going to bump into a table on my.
Speaker 2: Way out of here.
Speaker 4: It's a band Aid brand that did this survey.
Speaker 5: Okay, y'all know who see from Blues Closes, right, he's the OG host. He's now launching a podcast in the fall called Alive.
Speaker 4: It's for adults who grew up watching him, and.
Speaker 5: It'll focus on what it means to stay human in a complicated world. For some reason, Steve is just like nostalgic, and he has this like kind demeanor that just is like so calming.
Speaker 4: I get white people are going to want to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 1: Was he a kid on the show when you were a kid?
Speaker 5: He left the show after six years to go to college. Okay, so when I was watching him, he was like an older kid.
Speaker 2: If you will go So there's something like just on the outside of him.
Speaker 4: Yes, we were a little little old for it.
Speaker 2: My brother watched Blues Clues. I did not watch Blues News. I was like two years ahead of it. Well, you it's like watching Rogers.
Speaker 8: Were like people were like, oh, whatever, mister Rogers is doing. Like, I'm in on that because that guy talked to me when I was a kid. You're like that guy. Like that guy.
Speaker 2: He was always older, he was always a lot older. Yeah, I mean Steve was a lot older when you were a little kid. I guess.
Speaker 1: So, all right, we'll see.
Speaker 2: He's going to do well with the podcast.
Speaker 1: People love you. Listen to it religiously. Listen to the beginning in the trail, he'll had huge numbers on the first one.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna smash right in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might have Joe Rogan numbers on the first one.
Speaker 4: I think he hopes so to ever.
Speaker 1: Oh then yeah, then the Steve clones are going to come after they add to others.
Speaker 8: But they haven't really done anything like you would have thought if they were going to, they would have follow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got news guys like Kle's going to have his own podcast after this.
Speaker 4: I talk about Wolfgang van Halen.
Speaker 5: He was supposed to be at the Black Sabbath that said an off concert that's happening next week, the.
Speaker 1: Great talking about forever called the Great Rock and Roll Swindle Part two.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 5: Wolfy just announced you can't leave there. He's gonna be with Mammoth his band. They're opening for Creed and they have a tour that starts the day after, so logistically he just couldn't swing both.
Speaker 4: He said, he's bummed.
Speaker 1: He's going to watch it just like the rest of us.
Speaker 5: It's the final performance of Black Sabba's original lineup, Metallica, Guns and Roses, Tool More. Everybody's going to be there except for Wolfy van Halen.
Speaker 4: We have tool at least Houston sadlines.
Speaker 1: Yesterday the music blog page, if you dug a little bit deeper than the top two or three stories, Yeah, Black Sabbath released their first picture. It was Ozzy bill Ward on drums, who those guys hadn't gotten along in twenty five years. Sharon hasn't let that guy come back, but she's letting them come back.
Speaker 2: For this money grab.
Speaker 1: Geezer and no Tony Iomi in the picture for some reason, but they released. Those three guys hanging out, they're rehearsing. They're rehearsing, so they are still playing it like, Hey, we're gonna play some songs together here all love it. N What do you got?
Speaker 8: Astro's got another win last night. They beat the Phillies two to nothing. They have shut the Phillies out back to back games. Now they're gonna wrap up this series with Philadelphia this afternoon. Hunter browniby on the map for the Stros going up against Philadelphia is Christopher Sanchez first pitches at one t You could listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. And the NBA draft that was last night and Duke Ford Cooper Flag was selected first overall by the Mavericks.
Speaker 2: The Rockets took Duke Center. Come on, ma Luac, but he is going to be shipped over to the Phoenix Suns as part of that Kevin Durant deal. That's just a weird.
Speaker 8: Way that the NBA does it with Even though we knew that they had our pick, he decided to put a Rockets hat on.
Speaker 2: That's it was.
Speaker 8: It was a weird, weird The Rockets had a draft party last night, but they didn't really have any draft picks that are going to be rockets.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 8: So I was like, all right, So the party looked fine. I saw Matt Thomas from seven to nine.
Speaker 1: He was out there. It looked like a fun show.
Speaker 2: They should have just called it the KD Party.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but he's not legally allowed to be there because he's technically not a rocket until July first got it. So which is is just a weird rule that the NBA goes by. But in Soccer Houston that have sefelt of Minnesota United three to one last night.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five the bus halfway part of the show, halfway, just having a good time, talking with my friends here, just having it, just having a good time. It's it's flying by this morning. Welcome aboard Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: I do see Corn still has a.
Speaker 1: Commanding lead with their cover of word Up.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: I really thought Johnny cash Hurt would have been I thought it was going to be an absolute runaway with Johnny Cash's version of Hurt. STP Dancing Day's got a lot a lot of ground to cover, but nobody's out of it. Winning song will be played today at around nine thirty.
Speaker 2: You know what we're.
Speaker 1: Getting set up for, and I'm gonna beat you up for some last minute words suggestions.
Speaker 2: But I want to say, I don't know if that's Raoul.
Speaker 1: He's been emailing me a little bit lately. It is Raoul Espinoza. Check out our cover model if you go to links and guests the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Raoul is our model this morning.
Speaker 1: Nice and it's him and his coffee mug. Oh so you all I know is that we have sold two coffee I don't know if they're selling. I know we've sold two because I bought one and he bought one. And guess what color we both bought.
Speaker 5: I saw a third one yesterday in the Waterburger pictures.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Yeah, somebody's using our coffee bug. Yes, so, I mean just after yesterday, I beat you up all day. I said, I want to see pictures of you guys eating your water Burger. If you, if you, if you took the time to go in and you were generous enough to go and buy our stuff, you know how much I would love how much I love this picture of Raoul drinking his coffee, his morning coffee, listening to us using our brand new coffee mug that we sold. You know how much I'm going to be tickled, but by you wearing our t shirts and using our koozies with your favorite beverage in there and all of that. Man, just think about us. Take those pictures and send those in. You know we'll use you.
Speaker 2: I mean you don't. You don't want to see me on links and guests every day.
Speaker 1: I know you don't.
Speaker 2: I know you don't.
Speaker 1: I'd rather use I'd rather I'd rather change out the model being one of you guys every single day.
Speaker 2: If you can do that for me, then let's do that. I'll issue that challenge to you.
Speaker 1: Fix the gram thirdday, great throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Let me just refresh really quick.
Speaker 1: Again. Listen, I'm probably been wrong on the show more than.
Speaker 2: I've been right.
Speaker 1: Uh sixty nine Alex sixty nine percent corn word up, Let's go twenty Johnny Cash. I just can't believe that it's that much of a blowout. Really yeah, I cannot believe it's that much of a blow up. Speaking of Alex, don't go too far. You got a new podcast up today, ran new Yeah, that's why you were up all night.
Speaker 2: That was She's a great clip's coming on today too. At pass Gay Pot and All Socials.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you guys get into We talked about street food and whether or not any food could be a street food.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 8: We talked about what war music would look like now like we had Creedence clear Water and Jimmy Hendrix back in like nam would it be Pink Pony Club? Like, are they gonna be air Pot Pink Pony Club?
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 8: Get into why NASCAR is a far superior racing sport and F one is kind of just hey, the country club of racing.
Speaker 2: There a bunch of snobs.
Speaker 8: He brought back our Robert Feline segment for the first time this year. That's a final game we play. So the check out Past three podcast. It's up right now on the Will Famished Rid Ryan Show page. It's also gonna be on a YouTube at ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: You just reminded me that there was a fun little exercise that was going on our Facebook page early early this morning. Sometimes if I come up with something I'm not sure, we're gonna have time on the show. I'll throw it up on Facebook early. What is the best car racing movie of all time? With with F one coming out? Talladega Knights is a great one.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean Herbie the love Bug.
Speaker 1: It counts.
Speaker 2: I mean I saw a vote for that. Yeah, it's got it.
Speaker 1: That's on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on Facebook. It was early this morning. What's the best car racing movie of all time?
Speaker 1: And you know, everybody's wondering, how is this F one movie going to do? Apparently a lot of people are in the F one. Hey, guys, it's on. It's time to read my looks.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, time to read my looks.
Speaker 4: We need wizard in here to do that.
Speaker 6: I'll be taking calls after the break.
Speaker 4: Never will I recover.
Speaker 1: Oh, burned into my ears, burned into everyone's ears this morning? Last minute plea for great words. The boys are at it again. Alex takes on Chile. It is going to be for pit tickets. But we're not at that point where we get you guys calling in yet. I'm just telling you I need words. Send me your words. Rod at the buzz dot Com, Houston's alternative.
Speaker 13: And home at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Welcome back Everybody, rod Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday. Horn still on the lead, a commanding lead on Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Three cover songs. You can go check those out on the.
Speaker 1: World Famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Sixty chance of thunderstorms today highs up around eighty eight. The guy's rocking out with his stock out earlier this morning. Now he's keeping track of what's trending. What does this guy's got a new podcast out today?
Speaker 2: He's my Swiss Army Knife Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: What you got that's trending? Well?
Speaker 2: Bezos wedding is trending.
Speaker 8: Venice has closed off it's city district for the Bezos Lauren Sanchez wedding this weekend and people are mad about it. Nations are not happy about it, some.
Speaker 1: Of them, lots of them.
Speaker 8: Website thanksgre on Thursday is trending Uilani Owens. Submitted to us by truck driver Carlos. A lot of people are liking what they're seeing at the world Famous rod Ryan Show page to the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Great got my mind right this morning.
Speaker 2: And then Sabrina Carpenter is trending.
Speaker 8: She released a new cover for her album that is quote approved by God and way less offensive.
Speaker 2: People can't get mad about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on the Looking at Girls blog page today.
Speaker 2: That's just trending a night us. I didn't find the first one offensive. I did not either.
Speaker 1: I know what God thought. First one.
Speaker 2: I tell a woman went to do that.
Speaker 1: The first one was approved by Rod. This one's approved by God. Alright, time.
Speaker 6: My lips.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, oh boy.
Speaker 9: We're trying them a boy pod guy.
Speaker 2: It's Alex taking on the Chile today.
Speaker 1: What's the prize? Is good?
Speaker 2: You got to pick carefully here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no pressure.
Speaker 5: I know Chili tends to feel the extra pressure when these tickets are great, but these are pit tickets. Yeah, the Summer of Loud tour on Saturday in the Woodlands, I prevail, Bear Tooth, kill Switch, Engage, Parkway, drive them in many others in the pit in the pit on Saturday, listen.
Speaker 1: I can't keep the two apart like you, So I don't know who you go with on this. It's Alex, it's Chile. We're opening up these fold lines right now. Seven to one to three do you want to five?
Speaker 2: Nine, four? Five Call Now The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show Mornings on nine, The Bus ninety four five The Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Green Day Holiday. There was a story we never got around to it, but again it's not that we didn't present it on the music blog page today. But Billy Joe Armstrong kind of lost his s a little bit. And I don't blame him. He's had meltdowns on stage before and he could be an angry little man at times. He's an angry but somebody was squirting him with a squirt gun during the show, and that's just annoying. Yeah, I mean, did you pay you're close enough to get to Green Day? I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: Did they allow water guns? Y?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How get unless it was a festival and you went there for one of the baby bands and then you just happened to be there because I mean, Green Day, whatever, they're playing their headlining, you're there right in front and you're squirting the lead singer in the face with a squirt gun.
Speaker 2: I don't he was.
Speaker 1: He was right in losing his mind over this one. If you want to see what stop it, I think it was on yesterday's music blog page. The Chili's backing that up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was on yesterday's I mean, you don't know if he's got urine in there.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about that.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, he's got a right, Yeah, he lost his mind.
Speaker 11: I would jump off stage and then do you want Tom a piece of my money?
Speaker 1: I mean, the good thing about Billy Jorarmsteng if he does jump down from the stage at you, you know, and then he's yelling at you, He's yelling at your belly button. You're fine, Okay, you're gonna be just fine.
Speaker 11: Well he's security guards.
Speaker 2: Well then yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: The it's the gorillas that are gonna be all around him, staring and yelling at your belly button. All right, here we go, Hey, not to read my lips. I got Jeff on the phone. Hi Jeff, Hello, Hey Jeff, welcome to read my lips.
Speaker 2: Who's your man?
Speaker 10: I got Alex?
Speaker 2: You got Alex?
Speaker 1: You chose him? Or Chili was already taken? You were pissed? Yeah, Chili was taken.
Speaker 2: So Chili is he speaking the truth? I can't not confirm this.
Speaker 11: You know, it's like we look alike.
Speaker 2: So either way they're winning a well let's say hi to Eric.
Speaker 1: Eric is the is the big winner today because he got Chili. I guess, Hi, Eric, Hey, Hey, good morning ChIL. You picked Chili. So everything that's been said on the air is true. You got through first, you said Chili is my best path to victory, and then Jeff got through and said, well all that was left is Alex. I guess I'll take him, the guy that wanted all that year.
Speaker 11: He could have been the second caller, and I just kind of believe he was first.
Speaker 1: Well, the boys are going to go at it again. What are they trying to in these fellas on the radio on the phone here.
Speaker 5: We have pit tickets to this weekend's Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, pressure, Chili.
Speaker 1: Don't even listen to what I say.
Speaker 2: Julie taking it so bad? Take him to the pit, Chili.
Speaker 11: I can only do my best. Alex is such a good player. Sometimes we go to overtime.
Speaker 4: I thank you, buddy, Gosh, it's so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's going hate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's throw up. Can you remind me I'm important here?
Speaker 4: Timing to your mind? Twenty up, twenty down?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 4: Nuclear? Nuclear?
Speaker 2: Nuclear nucleaire. Okay, are you timing twenty seconds?
Speaker 1: Twenty seconds on the clock. Who's going first?
Speaker 2: Actually, what would you like to do?
Speaker 11: I'll go first.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 11: I like to take, you know, I like to take a little bit of the stress of all. Well, thank you, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm disgusted by the love here, but disgusting good sports.
Speaker 11: Would you like for us to be tearing the studio up and everything?
Speaker 2: The star?
Speaker 11: I mean, my ears, this song is so rough.
Speaker 4: I brought headphones for next week.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, we're using the same issue to headphones. Oh yeah, he has to have the same ones.
Speaker 1: Have they been twins approved?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 11: Hey, speaking of massive, don they're in the music block page today.
Speaker 2: Oh they are.
Speaker 11: They're guitarists. Yes, yes, yes, ask me who showed up to work today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearly, Chilli. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: I just got done shuffling, Yes I had. I got it down to eight really really good words, and I said, mo, final, you can get rid of one of these. I need seven for the game. You got rid of one. All killer, no filler. Okay, here we go, Donovan. A bunch of new people sent words in today too, thank you. All right? Uh, Jeff, I guess you're just sitting there along with Alex Eric. This is your man. You're ready. Here we go, thumbs up.
Speaker 11: Thumbs out, don't start on a lamb. Look at that face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are giving him a face.
Speaker 1: When I look at Chili, I smile.
Speaker 2: How can you not intimidating?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 11: All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: Boner Donor, Boner, Judge, Boner, Donor, Boner, Toner, Boner, Donor, Boner, song Boner Donor.
Speaker 11: Boner, soldier bowling, Soldier.
Speaker 1: Boner donor bowling, solo Boner.
Speaker 4: I am like he was so.
Speaker 1: So close out of the gates.
Speaker 11: Oh what was it?
Speaker 1: Bon boner donor.
Speaker 2: Those guys are important bonn.
Speaker 7: Lady.
Speaker 11: Sometimes I might need it, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, watch out, watch it. Get on the dump button for him.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Next word.
Speaker 1: Twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 2: That felt like three minutes. I was saying that word.
Speaker 1: Well like it.
Speaker 2: Next time that was twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Twenty seconds on the clock, the same twenty.
Speaker 2: Seconds that we've been using for every word.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was saying, right, it's out, they're hanging.
Speaker 2: Here we go. H Kyle sent this word in here we go. Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Meat marriage, Okay, say it again.
Speaker 9: Meet marriage, meat marriage, pissed, bondage meat, meat marriage, meat please, bondage meat please, powder meat marriage powder.
Speaker 4: Is so broken.
Speaker 1: Really, just give him a point for that.
Speaker 7: Else you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh, meet marriage, meat marriage.
Speaker 1: You were so close, apparentallel world, you were so close.
Speaker 11: Yeah, supposed to no pit hold on, Eric.
Speaker 5: I hope you're enjoying this as much as we are.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was saying boner donor for five minutes. I felt like I felt like I said meat marriage twice and it was time. All Right.
Speaker 4: I love it so much, I'm backup timing.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Amy, Amy said this went to us.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Amy, should have rinsed my eyes before you.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, here we go, most crying. I can't.
Speaker 2: All right, this was probably.
Speaker 1: Meant for the other twin, but you can't keep apart.
Speaker 2: There we go, Thumbs up.
Speaker 11: Come on, let's go.
Speaker 9: Triple dipper, triple nipple, triple dipper, triple dipper.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: Everybody dripping different, Yeah, niver ful language.
Speaker 11: I was like, that's Alex's thing, you know, this is what twentys we're saying.
Speaker 1: It's what God, Yeah, I said, I go. I'm sure that Amy wanted Alex to get that.
Speaker 4: It's perfect.
Speaker 1: No, thank you Amy, Okay, one to tie two for the dub, Good luck King, Thanks man, Eric, he got one for you. How are you feeling about those pit passes right now? Oh? I'm feeling good. Oh okay worth it?
Speaker 4: Yeah it really was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still thinks chillis bringing it home. All right, Jeff, your man's up.
Speaker 1: Hips. Time to read my lips all right. Alex is now putting on the headphones. He will not be able to hear the words that are coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 11: He's focused. Man, I'm scared when he's focused.
Speaker 1: One to tie twenty seconds on the TU to win.
Speaker 8: Mo.
Speaker 1: You left me your word for overtime O case you need it, right, okay, thank you. She kind of went through all the words.
Speaker 4: There's an extra one in the trash in case we double.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: No, she put it out there. I'm just saying I don't want to hear double overtime.
Speaker 1: Let's do this relate. Playing that Radio Wizards song made us late five hours late. Melissa, thank you for this word.
Speaker 9: Saggy booty what saggy booty, snake booty, saggy booty, saggy saggy booty.
Speaker 1: All right, say it good and say it good.
Speaker 2: I did well you giving it to him?
Speaker 11: If you were just send Madonna.
Speaker 1: No, I mean it's drooping a little bit. She's in her sixties.
Speaker 11: Come on, still saggy.
Speaker 1: It's probably the best six year old keister on the planet.
Speaker 11: Oh no, way, it's a fake one.
Speaker 2: Well, what's her name?
Speaker 11: You think, Elizabeth? What's your name?
Speaker 1: Elizabeth Hurley? Oh yeah, that's probably getting close to sixty. Here we go, I'll take Dolly Saith he did.
Speaker 2: Sorry, there we go, Eli.
Speaker 1: Friend, this is trouble on. I think he's friend on right now. I don't know. I messed him up this morning. Oh yeah, he's friend do yeah, thumbs up. This was probably meant for Mo.
Speaker 9: Tequila turkey, say I in tequila turkey, tequila turkey.
Speaker 1: I felt like that week was their last week. I don't know, the week before.
Speaker 2: Take me into play.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think, because that's remember when that guy blew up that house.
Speaker 1: Or whatever that last week here, the week before right this?
Speaker 2: Have we used that word other John? We used that word?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I don't remember it.
Speaker 11: I might be wrong. I'm known to be wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, Chilly, there's a form you can fill out chili.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the word has been used. I can't find that paper.
Speaker 11: It goes to wizard.
Speaker 2: I can't find the form to fill out chili. But if that word was used, there's a form we could fill out. I'll give it to you, Manvice dot Com. Wait a minute, here's.
Speaker 1: Here's the No, that's not it.
Speaker 11: I don't go to.
Speaker 1: The winner is j.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jeff?
Speaker 12: Hey there, sure, Jeff, you just won.
Speaker 5: You're going to the Summer Allowed Tour this weekend. Friend, you have to send us a selfie from the pit.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah yeah, he won't, he will, I will.
Speaker 1: My name is Moe m O at the Bug dot Com.
Speaker 2: I right, I got you, Jeff, Eric All, it's Chilli, Moe. Great job, everybody.
Speaker 4: Houston and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, The Buzz, Wakey, Wakey.
Speaker 2: Sublive in Santaia.
Speaker 1: My goodness, we're coming up on the last Houston headlines. We still have another hour though with you. We have teamed up with all of our radio stations in the Mighty iHeartRadio and uh we're giving you a chance at alternative income, A chance at one thousand dollars that's coming your way at around nine ten we'll launch into that and then Jeremy will pick up where we left off in ten. After the hour, you got a chance to win a thousand dollars. Teresa's going to continue that through five to ten. So nine ten to five ten, chance at one thousand dollars. Get involved. Okay, now we're gonna go back locally. We'll give you falling in reverse tickets on No the show.
Speaker 2: Can you do one more of these?
Speaker 4: I got you?
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 2: Are you updating things?
Speaker 4: Updating?
Speaker 2: Are you updating this? I know this first story?
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, Iraq Iran Trump, I get it. It's like it's hourly since we started talking about it, since it happened.
Speaker 2: It's changing hourly. So what do you have headlines?
Speaker 1: This morning?
Speaker 5: Trump wrapped up at the NATO summit with a press conference, and we all know that he believes that the US blew Iran's main new clear nailed it to Kingdom. Come yes, And as far as we know, the ceasfire is still holding, and the President thinks both sides are just too tired to fight on. But then This morning, Iran's supreme leader spoke for the first time since those strikes, and the guy claimed quote victory.
Speaker 1: His victory, quote victory, victory, their victory.
Speaker 5: Okay, Trump hasn't said anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, he'll say something soon.
Speaker 2: It'll be Yeah, it'll be different next hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Rod, I know you're loving this wet weather.
Speaker 1: I'm caught. I'm not. I have rain fatigue. Is that a thing?
Speaker 5: Yes, sixty percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today. Later in our day, temperatures will climb to the nineties. Rain will cool things down. But to answer your question, how much longer will this wet weather last? The chances for rain really drop for Friday and Saturday. Nice, it's great.
Speaker 1: More rain on Sunday, then I'm turning the faucet off.
Speaker 4: The first days of July.
Speaker 5: Appreciate that the Saharan dust is moving in Monday, smoking hot for the July.
Speaker 1: But as of right this second, it looks dry.
Speaker 2: Okay, so super hot for hot dogs.
Speaker 1: But we got this.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get rained on making my hot dogs.
Speaker 1: That's right. Good?
Speaker 4: Hey, you know we be shopping right.
Speaker 5: Recently released numbers are telling us where we be shopping and the answer is Amazon. Amazon is the top e commerce site in the country, with around three hundred and ninety million monthly active users on the website.
Speaker 2: Two, three, four, five, and six can't be close, right, That's.
Speaker 4: A great question.
Speaker 5: Amazon more than doubles number two on this list, which is Walmart.
Speaker 1: Okay, where are people shopping online?
Speaker 13: Rod?
Speaker 4: Amazon? Walmart?
Speaker 1: And then wear I see commercials for Overstock, and I thought that if you included because I think they bought bed Bath and Beyond, So if you folded in all the Overstock shopping with bed Bath and Beyond, I would think they would be a top five, not a tender.
Speaker 5: Not even in the top five. eBay is number three, and that blew my mind.
Speaker 2: I forget about them.
Speaker 4: Number three.
Speaker 1: I still think of that as if you want to pick up a like a Luke Skywalker doll.
Speaker 4: That's what I think.
Speaker 2: That's what I think of with eBay.
Speaker 1: I don't think of shopping on top of mind, I never I don't think.
Speaker 2: I've bought something new on eBay ever.
Speaker 1: No, keep some Monday is I don't even look. No, do you need a pair of shoes?
Speaker 2: Are you going to eBay?
Speaker 1: You know where you do?
Speaker 4: Look though, what tmu oh I do go to that.
Speaker 5: Number three on the e commerce apps list in the United States. It was the most downloaded app in the coun tree in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: You guys make fun of me. My kid is growing, Okay, I buy cheap clothes for my kid, cheap clothing, and they.
Speaker 4: Make it here what like five months later.
Speaker 2: Next year.
Speaker 1: Not that I go up a size when I order, okay, because I know she's you know what I mean, like I'm hedging her size, but by the time it shows up, she's gonna fit into it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna look into this.
Speaker 2: It doesn't take that long. Okay, but it's not eBay.
Speaker 4: And you buy swords on t mill.
Speaker 1: Also, well, it's just like big knives for the kitchen that are already dull.
Speaker 2: I can kid, there were fifteen bucks. Get off me, all right.
Speaker 4: I'm just here to report the news. You know that.
Speaker 5: And the news today is that the Simpsons killed off March Simpson.
Speaker 4: That's the top headline.
Speaker 1: Really, can you gotta throw a kind of or an asterisk or something.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you exactly what happens.
Speaker 5: The episode is called A Stranger Things, and it starts with March telling Bart and Lisa always stay close because.
Speaker 1: She and Homer will not be around forever.
Speaker 5: Then it flashes forward thirty five years, Bart and Lisa have drifted apart.
Speaker 1: March is no longer with us.
Speaker 5: They show her tombstone, beloved wife, mother, and pork Chop seasoner.
Speaker 4: It's just a flash forward. It's not dying. Everyone dies spoiler alert. Everyone dies in real life.
Speaker 2: But it's a clever way to put a headline out there to get people interested.
Speaker 1: Everyone's talking about it. It's every headline now, you know. But people that watched The Simpsons said this happened last month. Why is it catching on now?
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's a great question. I did a little into that. I was like, oh, did it happen last night?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, everyone on this show obviously the show May.
Speaker 4: I looked May.
Speaker 2: Okay, And now it's a headline today. All right, this is brand new. This has been really really brand.
Speaker 4: They're officially back.
Speaker 5: The pop punk Kings have unveiled their brand new single, This is called Rejects.
Speaker 1: Alex is the only one that's kind of heard the whole song. Okay, so sent it over to the whiz. He's close to.
Speaker 2: Letting us play this on the air tomorrow, No way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I even said it in the short little bit that we'd listened to as I'm yapping over it.
Speaker 2: What's not to like about it?
Speaker 1: Is it summer Jammy?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta play this tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a bop.
Speaker 5: We have to wait till on this eighth for the full album. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: If we have a meeting today, we'll beat him up on this.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of new music that we want to we've been getting us. Well, Uh, let me maybe.
Speaker 2: Put my song in there somewhere. Let me graf that out.
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 2: Astros?
Speaker 8: That another win last night they beat the Phillies two to nothing. So they've shut out the Phillies and back to back games. They're gonna wrap up their series at Philadelphia this afternoon, Hunter Brown, I'll be in the man for Destro's going up against the Phillies. Christopher Sanchez first pitches at one ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. The NBA Draft was last night and Duke Hord Cooper Flag was sected first overall by the Mavericks.
Speaker 2: Rockets took Duke Center.
Speaker 8: Come on Maluwak with a tenth overall pick, but he'll be sent to Phoenix as part of the Kevin Durant trade when the league year becomes official. And then in soccer Houston, do wefcfell to Minnesota United last night?
Speaker 2: Three to one. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Rocky and Alterner very soon The rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Red Han Chili, Pepper's Other Side, Welcome to the fourth and final hour together. All will be revealed nine thirty. We'll find out what you guys want to hear. It is a an all cover version of Throwback Thursday. And Corn has never not led sixteen ndred votes decent. It's not any kind of a close to any kind of a record, but I get excited when there's at least two thousand votes. Sixteen eighty five. Corn has sixty seven percent of the vote. Johnny Cash creeping up, but I don't think there's enough time. Twenty eight percent of the vote. STP Dancing Days never had a chance. It never went over four or five percent of your vote. So where do you do all this? On the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the buzz dot com. Thank you to not only Waterburger for what a great day it was yesterday and that big fat, juicy check they brought us and the wonderful food they brought us too, But you guys all going out and really really showing your support and thanking Whataburger. I know it was a real tough ask of me to have you guys go out to Waterburger, but.
Speaker 4: You're the worst raud.
Speaker 1: But you took the time to go out and snap the picture and send it to us and flood the socials and that's all I wanted. They didn't require any of that water Burger. I think Jennifer asked for that. No, she's so sweet, you know what I mean, Like, they don't ask for that. I'm like, let's just say thank you to them, and let's show our support. So let's kind of rally as a family, rally around the family pocket full of water Burger, and then let's get those pictures up on social media. And that's exactly what you guys did, So thank you. It was a fun day yesterday. You know, I was covered. You know, we came in and they got us the water burger, and I already felt away after I ate it, you know, just it's delicious, delicious, delicious. I just have such con we guilty. Yes, and then I had I had promised London that we were going to go, and then somehow I got promised.
Speaker 2: I gave her a.
Speaker 1: Promise that Yes, she got the shake, Yes.
Speaker 2: She got a small I wanted her to get the banana flavor.
Speaker 1: Did she go with chocolate? So it was delicious, the banana ones. So she got she was she had half of it because we didn't go into a little later, and then half today.
Speaker 2: So she'll she'll get half today six o'clock.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not charging that kid up with a whole shake.
Speaker 5: I almost texted you yesterday because my daughter Sailor, yeah, said water burger.
Speaker 2: Well what are oh what? Oh that's a new that's a new one.
Speaker 4: My little Texas baby.
Speaker 12: So all you guys talk weird, yes, nucler, Yeah, all right, thank you?
Speaker 4: What a burger?
Speaker 2: What what am I staring down?
Speaker 1: Is that something.
Speaker 2: Is a cash content?
Speaker 1: Oh? That is okay, So that's right, it's in the right spot. Okay, just making sure. All right, I got a chance for you to win a thousand dollars coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the voting.
Speaker 1: I put a question out there earlier this morning, and uh, and.
Speaker 2: You guys are doing good.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's some movies that I forgot about with the f one movie coming out on Facebook? What is the best car racing movie of all time? And I said, I'll start, and I put Cannonball Run.
Speaker 2: Now, it's an old movie.
Speaker 4: I've never even heard of it.
Speaker 2: It's fun, it's Burt Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Oh so Burt Reynolds is dead right, smoking the bandit, smoking the bandit?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that a racing movie?
Speaker 2: I'm going to allow it. Yeah, racing adjacent.
Speaker 1: I'm going to allow it. You know, fast than the furious people were asking, is that a racing movie?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: Those are my favorite movies the entire world. I'm going to allow it. I love him. So there's some old somebody put Grand Prix. It's a nineteen sixty six movie with James Garner. I'm like, okay, so there's people older than me out there, which is nice. But the love Bug was mentioned. Cute. Somebody else said cannon Ball Run, that's Burt Reynolds. And Don Delaize Days of Thunder Tom Cruise nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: That's like considered an old movie now.
Speaker 1: I think Days of Thunder seems to be the number one answer. What's the best racing movie of all time? Number two? Tell was Dagan Knights. Yeah, yeah, The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Will Ferrell and John c Riley are so great in that, and then Sasha Baron Cohen is just amazing in that movie Ricky Bobby.
Speaker 2: It's he's so great in that.
Speaker 1: Was that that had to be after Borat right, because we knew who he was. Okay, did you think he was going to be in every movie?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Did you think we were.
Speaker 1: Going to overuse Sasha Baron Cohen? And because he was so he came out of the gate. I don't know.
Speaker 8: It's just like Talladagans is kind of out of his wheelhouse member.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say the opposite.
Speaker 1: I think he's completely adaptable because of those those two different characters. I thought I thought we were going to abuse him and use him like in every movie.
Speaker 2: You know, the funniest movie ever.
Speaker 1: I thought we were gonna Earl Campbell him and just up the middle every movie. Yeah, I really did. I thought he was gonna kind of be in everything, and I would like to see him in more Pixar's cars. Fast and the Furious got a lot of our speed racer. Rush is the movie that I was thinking of the other day, Chris Hemsworth, Oh, you did talk about that. Ron Howard made that movie. Rush is great Grand Tarismo.
Speaker 2: So there's some there's some really.
Speaker 1: Good memorable car racing movies. We'll have to see what this F one movie does. But we know that you guys like F one.
Speaker 4: Yes, we took a poll.
Speaker 1: Half of our audience is into it. So yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Chance of one, one thousand dollars, go get it.
Speaker 10: Houston Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All Right, here we go.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 1: Brod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: It's it's a done deal.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it's a done deal.
Speaker 12: That's unlike you Corn sixty percent of the vote, Johnny Cash.
Speaker 1: Just if it had four more hours, Johnny Cash might get there.
Speaker 2: Wizard Verse with absolutely clean house.
Speaker 1: I think Wizard's version is the one that killed the original round.
Speaker 2: I think it probably gave it a little bit of a bump that's why it didn't win. Thank you for clearing that area getting blown out.
Speaker 1: You can vote still if you want on the world famous the winning song that we played today at nine point thirty, which I know is just around the corner. It's looking like it's going to be Corn's word up online. It's Alex online the muzz all right, take it away.
Speaker 8: Today's als called interesting bars in your town, and it's pretty simple. You type in which town you're in, like I did, Houston, Texas, and it gives you a cool bardergo checkout La correct it. It gave me diversion off of West Clay Street, It says, I don't know that bar. It is an immersive cocktail kitchen and speaks orland guest Greg for sure.
Speaker 2: But then you can also suggest bar so you could see jes wait, wait time out. Tell me about the speakeasy? Where is it.
Speaker 8: West Clay Street like Mantres divergent?
Speaker 2: Is it a part of a hotel version?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about asking all this questions?
Speaker 8: Says, it just explains the bar doesn't say. Okay, you click.
Speaker 2: It and I'll tell you more about it.
Speaker 1: So I'm talking to the guy with Metallica. When Metallica's in town. Kirk hasn't drank in years, the guitar player. But they find out about this speakeasy and he goes, I want to go. He's real childlike to he almost.
Speaker 4: Talks like a new one at the Four Seasons.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that a speakeasy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so cool.
Speaker 1: That's where he went. Then that's okay, I'm just kidding. I'm sure there's more than one speech right now, but the one of the Four Seasons.
Speaker 2: But him and Robert the bass player, they went there.
Speaker 5: Oh, he only seats like ten people. He went there and you have to go behind a wall.
Speaker 2: And he's not drinking. He's not even tempted by it or anything. He just but he wanted to go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like somebody was at that speakeasy and Kirk Hammett was watching you drink your drinks having a good time while break story.
Speaker 2: But I go check it out and find some cool boys to hang out. All right, if you're traveling at all, really easy to do. Yeah, you just type in the name and it goes boom.
Speaker 1: Here what comes up with New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Snake.
Speaker 1: And Jakes is what I'm gonna guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it looks like the one in Houston's closed, so let's not go.
Speaker 2: There New Orleans. Okay, Now my internet is not everything that happened to me yesterday. Super fun, super fun. But yeah, you can go check us out.
Speaker 8: If you have good internet and your company's internet where it's then go check us out at the world tans Ran Shows dot com.
Speaker 9: Is there any doubt that this radio show is truly just lie?
Speaker 1: All right? It's not recorded, it's so live, it's so undraw and live. There's no net beneath us. I mean, there we go. We all just fell off the tight wire trou.
Speaker 12: First show on.
Speaker 2: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show, Bad Wolves, their cover of Zombie, and then Corns cover of Cameos Word Up. Moe was asking about it, She's like, what you knew? It was a cover?
Speaker 2: And I think most people like I think I've heard this before.
Speaker 1: Oh oh we have it? Okay, how did know? We? I feel like every time Corn's been in there, we've we've gone back and a little homage to Cameo. So I don't know if they're the first ones to put that phrase in a song. A little bit of research and it goes back to the seventy with the old mcs. In the early hip hop culture, you know, throw your hands in the air and wave them like you just don't care. That was a popular thing. But did anybody put that in a song before cameo put your hands in the air like you don't care? Strong and just I think we've talked about it before. I think Corn was just kind of falling around at soundtrack monkey. Somebody just started like, kind of cham I think they just I think they were just kind of playing around with it like that. Then you know soundcheck, they're like, hey, this is kind of fun to play. Just did the song all right?
Speaker 2: Well, good job today. I loved it. I loved it. It was the most fun of the three songs.
Speaker 1: Yes, no question, its the other one, no question.
Speaker 2: I just thought that Johnny Cash song was so beloved. I thought that cover of Hurt kind of down.
Speaker 1: It's I don't to listen to that way to work, can't get me lower?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the most down.
Speaker 1: It's the downiest down song of the down songs. What are you giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 4: I have a pair of Chickens Seat Falling in Reverse. They're going to be here.
Speaker 5: It's their God is a Weapon Tour August fourteenth in the Woodlands.
Speaker 4: Tickets are on sale now ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Or if you know the show, all right, mo the show. She'll have a question for those tickets on the flip of this break The.
Speaker 10: Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome Back rod Ryan Show nine to fifty.
Speaker 2: Time for know the Show now.
Speaker 1: Mode the Show Falling in Reverse, August fourteenth, Woodlands Pavilions. To win a pair of tickets, you're gonna have to answer most questions.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what it is? You don't what is it?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 4: Which e commerce app?
Speaker 1: Does?
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan by his now dull knives.
Speaker 1: They were sharp for the first couple of tomatoes.
Speaker 5: Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: It look cool.
Speaker 1: It looks so cool. They come out a plastic sheath. Sheath. It's funny to say sheath. Try it, sheath. It's fun to say sheath. All right? What's the app? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five rock Oh Total ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Offspring and Gone Away.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Speaking of cover songs, we have been talking about cover songs.
Speaker 2: It's that that applies. You want to hear a cover song.
Speaker 1: That song right there, Offspring Gone Away completely reimagined. Five Finger Death punchbe orient Time.
Speaker 2: I can't deal. It's son fair.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know it was a sad song when I heard Offspring do it, I didn't know it was a sad song.
Speaker 2: I don't listen to lyrics.
Speaker 6: And it feels Yeah, it feels like the world has grown cold now that you've gone away.
Speaker 1: They got a military tie into the video. I'm telling you, haunting. You'll never hear the Offspring song again the same way once you listen to what five Finger Death punched it to it love Fi Finger one of the best cover bands out there. When they make when they do a song.
Speaker 2: Geez boy, did they really do it? They do it up right.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, thanks so much for spending some time with us today.
Speaker 2: We got this one last bit of business.
Speaker 1: Bring it peas now, time for I Know this show on ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 12: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la, la la la.
Speaker 2: Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hi, what's up dude? What's your name?
Speaker 1: Richard? Okay, Richard, welcome in, Welcome to MO the Show. Mo's got a question for you. Great ticket on the line.
Speaker 5: Here, be careful, we go ahead, Hey Richard, on which e commerce app does rod Ryan by his now dull knives.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Them? What did you just say?
Speaker 1: That's like, all right, just making sure.
Speaker 4: Thank you for clarifying.
Speaker 2: Don't scare me like that. That's life insurance.
Speaker 5: You're going to falling in reverse friends, August fourteenth, Woodlands with Wage War Tech nine Sleep Theory.
Speaker 4: Tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: But you are in.
Speaker 9: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I've been going through it the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 7: This is a nice picking up.
Speaker 2: Wait to go, Richard. Thank you? All right, brother, thank you?
Speaker 1: Hang on. I just read something on the internet that so it's got to be right. I mean, where did they come up with an EMU for liberty mutual? Wait? I saw this on the internet too.
Speaker 2: Lie MoU liberty mutual Lee MoU, lie MoU. Oh it rhymes with EMU. We should have an EMO as our pet.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine sitting around a board table.
Speaker 1: Did anyone else put that together? Never? Limu Liberty mutual makes sense? Oh this is falling in reverse right here. That guy just one ticket's Richard. You're gonna love this show, man, You're gonna love this show. We gotta go. Moe watched the little Old Greg video.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, it's just a real or in my DM sending me these videos. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Old Greg is uh our current undisputed fresh out OFD head to head two day champion. I didn't know it when Old Greg first started playing. People know that we look for drops with names in it, and everybody was sending me Old Greg Rod. How do you not know this? You didn't know it either at the time. I didn't.
Speaker 4: Now you can't get it out of your head and out of your DM.
Speaker 2: Now I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm Old Greg Stock. Thank you to everyone for flooding mos D. She knows the strength of Old Greg. I love it at Real Radio Mode. Send her more, Alex, great job on reading my lips today.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Jeff's in the pit now for Saturday Summer of Loud Tour. That means where you only have one pair of pit passes left. Now, Mo does give me some notes here for the show wrap up, It says thanks to the radio Wizard.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 4: He deserves a thank you for that song? He's a star, all right. It felt so good today.
Speaker 1: Be nice to him because I want to play some new music tomorrow on the show. So we're I think. Moe asked, are we having a meeting today? I said, I think we're always having a meeting on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Until we're not.
Speaker 4: I'll be here.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it canceled. I think it's just permanently on the book. So he wants to talk new music. I hope yeah, I hope you's gonna lay off the singing. I'm gonna try to get some new music on the show tomorrow. I'd like to play that new Good Charlotte song and call me crazy. I don't care. I've been call worse by better.
Speaker 2: I want to play that Ensurance song, do it?
Speaker 1: I want to. I'm gonna ask him for both. Tomorrow's freeber Friday. We're gonna give away beer every hour straight up at six seven eighty nine. There's a new past the Gravy that just came out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they's check it out on the well finish Roatane show page, the Bus that Common then on our YouTube channel as well.
Speaker 1: Very good. I'll find that at Past the Gravy Past a podcast on YouTube yet very good. Jeremy's up next non Stop noon or pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. We'll try to do better tomorrow. We got twenty hours to think about it. Thank you, guys, stick around Jeremy's awesome AMS. Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.