Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: You're just a traditional white person. Yeah, your background, your dame Nordic. So Hitler loved you, you were.
Speaker 3: Right, didn't love you? No, he did not love me. No he didn't.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: All right. It is Monday, August nineteenth.
Speaker 2: The DNC starts today. The convention.
Speaker 3: Democratic Convention starts today.
Speaker 2: The demonstrations are going on, not only in Washington. We haven't gotten the news. And have we gotten the news about Washington or amy? Have we gotten the news about Washington yet? Because here in Los Angeles they are starting to go.
Speaker 4: We haven't heard anything getting out of control yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, but do we have any numbers here in southern California and what neighborhoods.
Speaker 5: For protests?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, was the news just coming in?
Speaker 5: Just coming in?
Speaker 3: Okay? Fair enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little early, you know, the protest don't start at six am?
Speaker 3: Not usually? All right, all start one?
Speaker 6: Hell well no, I hate this show. Hell no, I hate this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They're cardloading right now. They need the energy cardloading. Yeah, you know, as I asked people to go to into Instagram at Bill Handle show. I'm getting some.
Speaker 2: Great, great quotes from people, most of them as you would think, stating that I am a consummate, a hole, and all the other accusations, which frankly I love.
Speaker 7: What party regarding your podcast, but regarding me, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: And those are just from the people that work with you on the hills.
Speaker 3: That there's the people that like me. All right, uh Neil, good morning, Good morning, Willie Wolf Yeah, and good morning Cono.
Speaker 6: Phil.
Speaker 3: There you go, good morning?
Speaker 2: And Amy?
Speaker 3: Can you move your camera a little bit?
Speaker 6: Oh? For the love I can't.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you are? No a little bit more to Uh yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you're at it. Can when you move yours down, we just see your forehead.
Speaker 3: I know because I go down a lot. All right, let me move ony, how's that?
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear about it?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: All right? My moving my camera because we watch each other on monitors. As you know, we're in different.
Speaker 2: Places, different studios.
Speaker 3: How's that.
Speaker 5: That's about it?
Speaker 6: Excellently, except we can see your face.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go right there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, fair enough? All right, before we started all the technical fixes on the show. What just quick, quick, what'd you do over the weekend? I heard you guys asking something. Neil, you had a good time.
Speaker 6: I was talking to Ann because she works a lot.
Speaker 2: I was just, oh, that's right. You went to the Chargers game, right, an at so far? Yes, I didn't pay attention who won. It's a the exhibition game, right, so yeah, it doesn't matter. But it doesn't matter, no, I just they try people out. I don't know why I didn't put the first string out there. Well, I guess to warm up, et cetera. All right, the big big news is what the Democrats are doing today, and uh, the fallout both positive and negative, mainly positive simply because there's a real bump after a convention. Case in point, the Republican convention that it was extraordinary after the assassination attempt on Donald Trump and the accolades so that he got as he should have. This is their nominee, also almost being assassinated two or three days before, and he got the accolades that any nominee would get, and people were saying, that's it, the.
Speaker 3: Election is over, it is done.
Speaker 2: Well, a couple of things are going on, of course, Harris is now the nominee and the assassination attempt, which some pundit said the effect of that was going to calm him down. It was going to be not a big issue at all, and this has come very close to not being a big issue. Same thing with the bump that Kamala Harris is going to get tonight and throughout the next four days.
Speaker 3: People pay attention.
Speaker 2: There'll be a bump, and the issue is as is she going to continue that? That is the big question is right now there's a move that she is catching up and surpassing Trump in those battleground stages. The only thing accounts And we'll see if this is a trend.
Speaker 3: We'll see if this is temporary. And this is fascinating.
Speaker 2: This presidential is going to be I thought the last one was interesting. I thought the one with Hillary was interesting. This one's going to be fascinating. You have to give former President Trump a lot of credit for making these races a lot more interesting to a lot of people who heretofore would not be as interested.
Speaker 4: It's back to the Middle East for Blincoln. But will it do any good? Is the big question. US Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln is in the Middle East. He's meeting with Israeli officials, he's meeting with Nett Yahoo, I think today, and they're trying to push for that ceasefire deal after they say they got closer last week in Doha. But then Hamas is now coming out saying no, no, we're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen because they are on the other side of points that they're not going to give up Netta, who says it'll be the utter destruction of Hamas before they stop the war. That's never going to happen. Hamas is still going to.
Speaker 2: Control Gaza, UH and Hamas is saying there has to be a complete cease fire before we even start talking about releasing the hostages.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think the I think the war could end tomorrow, hostages, reliefs released, ceasefire, Hamas has left to or Hamas has left.
Speaker 3: To control Gaza, and and the.
Speaker 2: Certainly UH the military powers of Hamas have been really degraded.
Speaker 3: And it's real simple.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I were the premiere, I go, okay, how about this one?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: You on October seventh, you attack this and you murdered people, you.
Speaker 3: Try that again.
Speaker 2: Uh, or you launch missiles and attack us, the rest of Gaza will be flattened. And now you see, is Hamas willing to pay that price? My guess is yes. But you know, we'll see what happens with these talks. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe they're going to come to the table. I sure hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: Long Beach Mayor Rex Richardsontons said the city didn't want to rush the actions, but now is the time to act. This is in response to removing homeless encampments following following Newsome's order, and so now Long Beach is going to be moving forward post taste.
Speaker 3: Yep, and removing encampments. I'm going to make an analogy here to the abortion movement, and that is this is breaking apart into maybe left right or at least different camps. California is pro abortion.
Speaker 2: So if people want pro abortion, if they want abortions, they come to California.
Speaker 3: It's comple be protected constitutionally. If people want to live in encampments, they come to City of Los Angeles, because those encampments will never be removed.
Speaker 6: Well, they're doing them now.
Speaker 3: Not to the extent. Well, Karen Bass has said she doesn't want to arrest people. You're right, they are moving them out, but nothing like other cities, Nothing like other cities. And to your point, just.
Speaker 7: Merge things like you can have abortions, but it has to be done with a gun, and then both sides.
Speaker 3: Are and in an encampment.
Speaker 5: In an encampment. Yeah, yeah, that's stick.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break. Thank you very much for that. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 4: Johnny Wacker's family is putting the heat on DA George Gascon. They are holding a news conference this morning to demand that Gascone pursue the stiffest penalties possible against the four people who've been arrested in the murder of the former General Hospital actor Johnny Wackter, who was killed in downtown La as he tried to interrupt somebody or a group trying to steal his catalytic converter. He also or the group that is holding the news conference is saying that they also want to push La Mayor Bass to crack down on the escalating violent thefts that are terrorizing our neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: So what do you think the chances of George Gascone not going for the heaviest penalty that can be utilized here.
Speaker 3: He has to.
Speaker 5: Because he's down two to one in the polls.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because he is no exactly, I mean, and he has no chance because he's anything but the law and order district attorney. He is the defendants district attorney. I've said many times, and I'm not alone. He's sitting at the wrong table in the courtroom. He should be sitting on the defendant side.
Speaker 6: I don't think he should even be sitting there.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not going to be. He's going to be tossed by that time. He is going to be tossed, all right.
Speaker 7: House Republicans have released their initial impeachment inquiry report on President Joe Biden. This alleges an abuse of power, obstruction of justice. This is all regarded regarding the financial dealings of his son, Hunter Biden and family associates.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem is as Hunter Biden is probably guilty dealing with the Borisma, the Ukrainian gas company. There has never been a connection with Joe Biden. Remember the congress whoever congressman said, we have proof of a five million dollar check that went to Joe Biden. Okay, where is it?
Speaker 3: We have proof, we'll release it at the appropriate time. Unfortunately, there is not a shred or fortunately for Biden and the Democrats, there is not a shred of evidence connecting Biden to any wrongdoing.
Speaker 2: But that didn't stop him from the inquiry. By the way, it sort of went away. You know, three hundred pages, Biden is son of a bitch, He's horrible, he's terrible, he's god awful.
Speaker 3: But you know, we can't connect the dots. We can't. They released it. It's done a year later.
Speaker 2: But you will well the politics of that, we'll talk a lot more about that.
Speaker 3: There wasn't anything to start, there's nothing there.
Speaker 4: You might want to rethink your plans for a chicken dinner. Perdue Foods is recalling more than one hundred and sixty seven pounds of chicken products. Here's which ones. They're frozen simply smart organic gluten free breaded chicken breast nuggets sounds delicious, the breaded chicken breast tenders, and the butcher Box organic free, fully frozen cooked breast chicken nuggets. Those three are the ones because apparently in the manufacturing process they said, oh, we determined that there was a very thin strand of metal wire inadvertently introduced into the process.
Speaker 2: Two questions, What does fully frozen mean? Does that mean that the other ones are not fully frozen? I have quite no no idea what that is.
Speaker 6: There's partially frozen things I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Are there are I mean they are after they sit in my trunk for a while.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what as a matter of fact, if your trunk on days like like over the weekend, they defrosted very very very quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, matter they even cooked?
Speaker 6: What are these in the shape of dinosaurs?
Speaker 5: It doesn't say they're the dino nuggets?
Speaker 6: No, Okay, I think I'm good.
Speaker 3: You're good, Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh. By the way, a quick one with a previous story. You're talking about impeachment report on Biden. A president or anybody can be impeached after they have left office.
Speaker 3: The impeachment still can go forward. Why would you Yeah, well, for political purposes.
Speaker 2: It's happened before, It's happened in the history of United States a couple of times.
Speaker 6: Can you peach talk show hosts?
Speaker 3: Well, the news that I bring to the table is always impeachable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is that right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, glad we agree.
Speaker 3: It's not peachable.
Speaker 7: Hey, look who became a hurricane again. Ernesto was upgraded to a category one hurricane on Sunday night. National Hurricane Center warning US and everyone of dangerous conditions for East coast beaches.
Speaker 3: We don't get hurricanes, thank goodness. You know, as I look at unfortunately, as I look at places on the news that are getting hit like this, or look at photos either on social media or the newspapers whatever on TV, I'm thinking, boy, I'm really glad to live here.
Speaker 2: The problem is there are people all over the country that say, boy, I really love to live in southern California. That's the unfortunate part, not the fact that everybody's drowning over there.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 6: No, and the sun doesn't set properly. Yeah, each.
Speaker 3: All right, one quick one and we'll take a break.
Speaker 5: Okay, So did you notice the moon this morning?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, it's big and bright because it is a super blue moon, which means that it's a little bit closer to Earth's than normal, so it appears brighter, and it appears larger than normal, but it's not actually larger than normal.
Speaker 5: It's like thirty percent lighter.
Speaker 4: And it's a blue moon because it's happening. There's four full moons in the season, so that's why they call it a blue moon, right, and we get three more super moons before the year is out.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's where once in a bloom blue moon comes around.
Speaker 5: Exactly. It is very big, bright and beautiful.
Speaker 3: I should go outside and take a look at it, because I just went right into the studio and didn't pay attention, which I rarely wear.
Speaker 6: Right now, the sun's out, buddy, is it? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, look at it. I keep the windows closed in the shades r e.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: Crenshaw High School, former high school football powerhouse here in Los Angeles, won multiple state championships championships since the turn of the century. They might not be able to field a team this upcoming season because they may not have enough players on the roster to play a football season.
Speaker 3: Which I mean Crenshaw.
Speaker 2: If anybody went to high school at LA Unified, I mean Crech, there was Crenshaw and then there was.
Speaker 3: Basically everybody else the other schools. It was that good.
Speaker 2: Two dozen NFL players, more than two dozen NFL players have come out of Crenshaw. It's a shame that they don't have enough players. I mean they may not have eleven players.
Speaker 6: Wow, it could.
Speaker 4: Soon be George of the Cement Jungle. Republican Congressman George Santos reportedly planning to plead guilty today to the twenty three felony charges he's facing. Ten of those charges were filed in May of twenty twenty actually in October of twenty twenty three. The first thirteen were filed in May of twenty twenty three. Things like, you know, fraud, conspiracy, false statements, falsification of records, identity, theft, money laundering.
Speaker 2: He lied going in, got elected on what some platforms of which well based on his biography, which none of that happened. Also, he's been accused of taking political money, donation money, using it for himself. He's going to plead guilty to that, by the way, So it's fair to say he did. Family was involved in the Holocaust.
Speaker 3: No, somehow in the September eleventh attacks, they were there or were in the building or near. No the Polst nightclub shooting.
Speaker 2: No education, career, real estate properties, charitable contributions. No, the guy is a complete total fraud and so he had to resign.
Speaker 3: He was not going to resign and they were going to impeach him and throw him out.
Speaker 2: There was no question about it. But he resigned under pressure. Good and then it's the way out. He said, screw you. I never want to come back here again. And then he was invited back to sit on the floor or to be in the gallery by one of the congress people.
Speaker 7: All right, Another upstanding politician, former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown, is it ruling out legal action against Donald Trump? After the GOP presidential nominee shared this story that involved him and Brown almost experience a helicopter crash. He also said that Trump said that he was told by Willie Brown terrible things about Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he says none of that is true.
Speaker 2: And he's thinking of suing Trump for what for saying that Trump said horrible things to him about Kamala Harris and they had a helicopter ride together.
Speaker 3: Boy, there's that is libel.
Speaker 6: Isn't it protecting his good name?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is will Brown might respected now.
Speaker 2: He was one of the two most powerful speakers of the California Assembly, Jesse Unru who basically invented modern politics as speaker and Willie Brown, who controlled the Assembly for twenty something years. Extraordinary politician, amazing he was able to attain and negotiate himself into an amazing position of power. Anyways, he's threatening to sue eh, like that's going to happen.
Speaker 7: And he dated Kamala Harris in the mid nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me tell you about Willy Brown. He was stooping everybody in town there in Sacramento. And by the way, for Willy Brown, who threatens to sue people, I really didn't mean that. I'm just joking. Please don't sue me because I am a huge fan of yours.
Speaker 3: Is that enough? On a disclaimer?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty shopping everybody. Never mind.
Speaker 7: Cono actually reminded me that they think there's been some speculation as to whether Trump was confusing Jerry Brown. It could be because he was on a helicopter at one point.
Speaker 3: Could be him, Yeah, it could be. I have a personal involvement where I have a personal involvement with mister Brown, and that is he was ostensibly dating an assembly woman who was trying to kill surrogate parenting to make it illegal and make it a criminal act in California, and it died in committee.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then I I got called by a reporter and said, you know it's a live I go, what do you mean it's alive? He brought an emotion in front of the I think it was the Judiciary committee midnight got it through on a vote that no one knew about, and it said that it was going to be a criminal act. And then it went to the Senate side.
Speaker 2: There's judiciary and the head of the Senate Judiciary said, if you think we're going to pass a bill that there were no hearings that went through at midnight, you are nuts. And it just died right there. He said, you know who's being heard here, But it was it was Brown. It was Brown. That actually Willy Brown. He made that happen. That's how powerful he was.
Speaker 6: Jerry Brown. Willy Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Willy Brown, Willie Brown.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of brown there are.
Speaker 2: Another quick story is Henry Hyde, author of the High Amendment that originally made it illegal for the federal government to perform abortions or pay for abortions. He passed a bill, he introduced a bill to make surrogate parenting a national crime.
Speaker 3: Ten years in jail. Anybody who was involved in surrogacy. Why oh, because you know, in those days, this was in the eighties, the Conservative there was a religious conservative movement, and there were a lot of problems. You know.
Speaker 2: The California Assembly actually and the Senate passed the surrogacy law, most of which is in place right now. And at that part do Duke Magen, who was the governor, under pressure from a couple of very very powerful Catholic groups, vetoed it.
Speaker 3: It's been a hell of a history.
Speaker 2: But those are politicians, and this is Willie Brown, and I'm now digressing, obviously going into a different direction, not that anybody cares, but I thought i'd share that with you. And I just killed how much three minutes of this show?
Speaker 5: This sounds like a disaster movie.
Speaker 4: Volcano quake twenty twenty four, a seven point zero magnitude earthquake hit off Russia's east coast and then a volcano erupted, spewing ash about five miles into the air. It happened about two hundred eighty miles off the coast of Russia, which is closest to a city with a population of about one hundred eighty thousand that I'm not even going to try.
Speaker 2: To pronounce petro povlos povlus Kamchatsky.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: It's a resort. You ever been there? It's beautiful. No, No, yeah, I haven't either. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: But they said there was no major damage at least that's what they're saying. And they didn't do a tsunami warning, so hopefully everybody's okay.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and eighty miles from the coast, no tsunami warning.
Speaker 3: It could go to the coast. It couldn't. The fault could go that way in a little bit. Yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Well we had, didn't we have the earthquake in Hawhite or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, And why, yeah, there was.
Speaker 7: I've actually received tsunami warnings on my phone for here on the eastern side of Los Angeles, and I remember thinking that's unusual.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, because tsunamis go in a few miles. Now, granted, coastal cities are history, but you know, if you're several hundred feet above sea level, you're fine. Yeah, so you're right, But tsunamis can travel basically across entire.
Speaker 7: Oceans, probably less than ten miles away from Santa Monica Shores or something. Alrighty, So Hurricane Debbie left behind not only what you'd expect, the trail of deadly destruction and all that comes with a hurricane there in the southeast, but also more than one hundred pounds of narcotics.
Speaker 6: How crazy is that?
Speaker 7: So twenty five packages of cocaine were found on a beach there a little village in the Florida Keys about eighty miles from Key West.
Speaker 3: Well that's impressive. So that's you grab.
Speaker 2: All this and you're making some money, although you know, I don't know if that's the way to go because authorities be involved.
Speaker 3: I think we have what one or two more stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Russia calls it incursion or Ukraine calls it a buffer zone. So Ukraine crossed the border a couple of weeks ago, and Zelenski yesterday delivered an address and said he wanted to create a buffer zone to to prevent cross border attacks by Moscow forces. So they're seizing several areas. They blew up another bridge yesterday and apparently took Russia by surprise, because who thought that Ukraine would cross the border into Russia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, when you think about it, when it first broke out, when the war first broke out, and it was a Russia invading Ukraine, no one ever can well. First of all, no one ever considered Ukraine would be able to defend itself the way they have Kiev. The capital was to be taken in three or four days, and none of that happened. And so two things are going on, and they're sort of apples and oranges and they miss each other. Take your fingers, your index fingers and about eight ten inches apart and move your hands, and you're missing. Everything is missing everything, right, that's what's happening. You've got the Ukrainian forces in one part incursion at the same time, if you swing around, you've got the Russia in Ukraine. So it almost looks like a circle. All right, we're done, guys. I don't know if that made any sense at all. I kind of thought it did, but in retrospect it probably didn't. Okay, this is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.