Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Reality TV Grand the famous podcast. I'm one of your whole Stelia, and I'm here with my real tight homegirl and my daughter in law, the impeccable, the inscrutable, the ineffable, Beadres.
Speaker 2: Big words, that's me.
Speaker 1: We are here to talk, sister Wevesood. But before we get into our recap of season ten, episode two, we do have to issue you a very important disclaimer. Please, how'd your wife? You better hide those kids I'm looking for I don't want to see you. I'm looking for there. This isn't a reverend podcast. We're just here to have fun. Yeah, we like to laugh.
Speaker 3: We like to be vulgar and stupid and sexical. And so if you're a sensident, get out of here already. You might want to find yourself another dumpster. But if you're ready to take mckelt to the palm shop where she will very shortly meet too many tacos Tony, then welcome.
Speaker 1: To this dumpster.
Speaker 4: And if you like what we do over here, please be sure to follow us on Instagram at reality tv Crunch and join us on Patreon, Patreon, dot com, sash, reality tv Grne The VIP Dumpsters where it's at. You get all of our weekly episodes ad free.
Speaker 2: Plus all of our bonus content.
Speaker 4: It's the best way to support us because we're out here grinding, we're working soul.
Speaker 1: Are y'all grinding and Torkin oh so sorry job.
Speaker 4: We take it seriously and it would help us out.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: If you're watching on YouTube, please do not forget to like and comment and share them, subscribe, and also don't forget to hype your girls up. It's so important to hype us up because every single thing you do helps us in the algorithm legedly, So thank you. In Now, before we get into our recap as usual, I just want to ask you what your thoughts and your feelings are about the episode that we just watched.
Speaker 4: I just find it interesting that so many of these brown kids go to college and then they drop out, like immediately.
Speaker 1: What's happening with that?
Speaker 4: And it's like really quick, like they literally just left for college, like I feel like a couple episodes ago. Yeah, and so they've probably only been in school for maybe a year. But like we already have Maddie dropping out, we got Mikelthy dropping out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if asmen is. I couldn't really tell you.
Speaker 1: Now it sounds like she's moving in with Robin's Yeah, and she can go to school as.
Speaker 4: Well, still stay in school. But I'm just like, why y'all dropping out?
Speaker 1: Though I don't know money.
Speaker 4: Maybe I was kind of wondering that, Like I wonder if the parents were like, hmm, can't afford tuition, so we already think you're gonna be a failure.
Speaker 1: Maybe just drop go work at a pawnshop. I don't have a takeaway. I was supremely bored. Yeah, I guess that's my takeaway. So I'm just here to snipe and be the little parrot. Yeah, make in trouble, all right. So, without further ado, let's get into our recap of season ten, episode to the Catfish season of Sister Wives.
Speaker 4: In te told pond shops and polygamy perks. Okay, well, amazing. So we begin the episode. It's three weeks after their family therapy session with Nancy discussing the catfish.
Speaker 1: That resulted in nothing.
Speaker 4: And literally nothing. It was kind of interesting the way that they were talking about it, because like Mary is saying, we're working through it, like we're getting through, we're trying to reconnect as a family and also as a couple. But she's not really saying that, but she's just like, yeah, we're working through It'll be all right. And then we hear from Cody who's like, I don't know what to think, I don't know what to feel, I don't know what to do in this situation. I'm just here right basically what Cody is saying. And we all know that behind the scenes, Cody is checked out from this. He's supremely betrayed and he's not working on anything with Mary.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. He can't stand her at all.
Speaker 4: And then Janelle, we hear from her saying that the real work is going to be coming back together as a family because obviously this caused a big rift and Mary feels like a square pig trying to fit herself in a round hole, so we have to work on bringing her back into the family. And it's just it's interesting watching this back because this really is like the crack and the foundation. I mean, obviously there were little fractures and stuff here and there, and like Cody was already favoring Robin, but Mary having an emotional affair with a man online really was, what done it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think it just brought it out into the forefront. And can you imagine being Mary, like taking such a a supreme chance with some rando online, some person that you think is a guy that you fall in love with according to the recordings that we've listened to, like she fell in love with Sam, and then to find out that you were talking to a woman, and then it gets leaked to the public, and then you have to go crawling back to the husband who alienated you in the first place, just so that you can stay in the family.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: God, what a terrible position to be in.
Speaker 4: And then we have to lie about the situation too, make herself out to be the victim in it and that she was targeted or whatever, because they don't want the real truth to come out, which is that her and Cody's relationship has been horrible, and you know, the family is actually really dysfunctional at this point in time, and Christine's addicted to opiates, and like, right, how many things happening in this family. They're trying to keep it under wraps, but it is falling apart before our eyes, Yes it is. And so after we gloss over the Catfish, which was such a big dil this season and the end of last season.
Speaker 1: Until the last season, Like, yeah, it is a huge deal that we need to be talking about more. It drives me crazy that we just keep it moving now onto Mickelty or whatever, going to Saint George, Utah.
Speaker 4: Literally, Cody's like there's a lot of changes happening in the family, like Mikeelty and Aspen are moving out, Like, Okay, nobody cares.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares, talk about the affair, talk about the banana in your wife's mouth.
Speaker 4: No for real though, But yeah, we quickly shift gears to Mikelty and Aspen in their apartment and they are basically sick of living with each other because Michelty is still like a child according to everybody, Like she doesn't want to be told what to do, and Aspen doesn't want to be a mother to any of her siblings, and she says that multiple times in this episode, which I did think was very poignant. I guess when she was living with McKelty, she was still taking on that mothering role, and you can even see it in their interactions in this episode. She's like telling Mickelty what to do and how to pack things and make sure you close the door, and make sure you do this, this and this, And I really felt for as been here as like another eldest daughter, Like that's really hard to stop managing other people. But she has been doing it her entire fucking life. And so mickelty is gonna move down to Saint George, Utah to live her dream of working at the pawn shop.
Speaker 1: Well, and before we got on recording, you had told me that your theory is that McKelty at this time, while she's in Vegas is actually talking to Tony probably, which is the only reason that she would want to move to Saint George, Utah.
Speaker 4: That's kind of what it feels like to me, Like she's dropping out of school, yeah, to go work at a pawn shop. And the family's like framing it like, no, it's actually good because she's gonna be working for a family friend and we'll kind of keep an eye on her even though she's a couple hours away. But to me, it feels like she dropped out of school for her men the professional chess player.
Speaker 1: Future professional chess player. I don't know that he was doing anything at this time. No, it's just kind of bizarre to me because for the last few seasons we've really focused on mckelte's education and her fashion career and how she wanted to move to New York and start a fashion line, and like this was a big part of her story, and all of a sudden, she's like, yeah, Yolo, I'm just gonna move to the pawn shop. I'm going to work above a pown shop or a live above a pawn shop, and this is going to be my new life. And I'm like, Okay, well, what's really happening here. I'm wondering whether funds at this point are being allocated away from these families into Robin Cody's coffers.
Speaker 4: It kind of feels like that because if you think about how many kids they have in school right now, You've got Logan, You've got Hunter who's at the Air Force Academy, so maybe his education's being.
Speaker 1: Paid for I think so, yeah.
Speaker 2: But then you have.
Speaker 4: Leon who's going to some private school in.
Speaker 1: Utah funded entirely by Mary, so Cody's not paying for that at all.
Speaker 4: Right, But then you have Aspen in school, and then you have McKelty in school, and then you have Maddie in school, Like, that's a lot of kids to pay for tuition. And so if we know that the Browns are horrible with money and they're you know, up the ass in interest with this cul de sac and all these homes here.
Speaker 1: And also Robin and Cody are thieves.
Speaker 4: Totally totally, it's like it wouldn't be out of like the possibility that they talked to their kids and said, hey, look, I don't know anyway, we don't want you in school, you don't want to be in school, let's.
Speaker 1: Just drop out.
Speaker 4: I could see that, but it's pretty terrible like to do that as a parent, to be like, oh, we're going to set you up for success, but then just kidding. And it's weird how like Christine and Cody are kind of like, okay with McKelty working at a pawn shop and dropping out of school.
Speaker 1: They don't care about her.
Speaker 2: They don't at all.
Speaker 1: She really was the black sheep. I don't think Christine much liked McKelty, which is why she ponnd her off. No pun intended on Robin a lot. Yep, McKelty was spending her time over at Robin's because neither Cody nor Christine actually liked McKelty.
Speaker 2: That's what it feels like.
Speaker 4: And the way that they talk about her in this episode is like, well, you know, we thought when she moved to go to school, she would grow up and she would mature, but that didn't happen, and so we hope that when she goes to work at the fucking pawn shop that she'll finally grow up and become a mature adult. And I'm like, dude, she's like nineteen, give her a break, God have some patience. I was just like getting frustrated with it. But when we see McKelty and Aspen moving out, we hear from Aspen that she's actually moving back home and she's not going to be moving back in with Christine.
Speaker 1: This is what I want to talk to you about.
Speaker 4: She's going to be moving in with Robin. And according to Aspen, it's because her and Christine actually have started butting heads because Aspen has been a mother figure to all of the little kids, especially Christine's kids, and Christine didn't like that because she's the mom or whatever, and like a typical parent who parentifies their kids gets upset when the parentified kids act like parents. It's been causing some issues, and Aspen doesn't want to deal with that, she doesn't want to butt heads with her mom, doesn't want to mother the kids, so she's going to go live with Robin and mother her kids.
Speaker 2: So it just seems really weird to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I was just wondering how that was showing up in the relationship, and what you're saying really rings true. The audacity of a parent like Christine to really so heavily on her child to take care of all of her other kids and then to have some kind of an issue when this child continues to do that because she was entrained and raised up to do that. Now all of a sudden, you want to be the mom and you want to be the last say like, that's just not how it works. And so big up to Aspen for being like, absolutely not. I'm not gonna live with you. You're unlive withable. Yeah, so I'm gonna go live with your ops. I go live with Robin and hang out with that hoe, and it's gonna be great because I'm not gonna have to live with you after what you put me through.
Speaker 4: It's actually really interesting and it's interesting how Robin is kind of like this weird like safe place for some of these kids, like Rie's Christine's kids specifically. And it's interesting too that we've had multiple kids from Christine's like move out of her home or like not want to be around her, Like we had Michelt, we had Aspen, and we had Isabel who needed to live wanted to live with Mary exactly. And so I'm just like, this actually made me question Christine as a mom a little bit, because I'm like, hmmm, what are you doing inside of the house, what are you doing? And like, from the outside, it looks like Christine is pretty caring and loving and nurturing, and she did have a lot on her plate. I will give her credit to them, Like she did have to mother all of these kids by herself. That is a lot, and she had to homeschool and she was in a terrible marriage, and I get it. But I'm just wondering why so many of her kids have been like fuck you.
Speaker 1: Mom, even Gwendolen kind of yeah, a little bit, even Gwendolen.
Speaker 2: So I'm just like, what's going on there?
Speaker 1: Yep, I don't know, curious.
Speaker 4: I'm sus about it me too, And so Robin says, she's you know, excited to have ass been live with her because she wants to get to know her better. But she's a little nervous because she's never had an adult kid, much less a teenager live in her home, and she doesn't want to step on Christine's toes and on the couch. Robin says something to Christine directly, like, you know, I just want to make sure that this won't be an issue for you, and I don't want it to cause like a rift between us, and Christine's like, oh, it will be an issue. But I'm like, okay, then you're gonna turn this around as this is a polygamy perk because the kids can go to whatever sister wife they want and they still have a mom figure around. But Christine's like, no, I'm going to have an issue wrote with it because you're going to get closer to my kid than I am.
Speaker 1: I kind of respected Robin's position on it. She's like, yeah, I want to be careful because this is your child, but at the same time, I want to open up my house to all of our children because I want to be their mom too.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: So it would be a difficult situation for Robin to be in and it does seem in alignment with Christine that she would be bitter about it because she's already so jealous of Robin anyway in terms of Cody. But now you're going to take my kids too, Well.
Speaker 2: Girl, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Be a better parent than Christine?
Speaker 4: Like look in the mirror, and I can understand why it would be frustrating, because you know, you're looking at yourself like what am I doing wrong?
Speaker 1: But you're obviously doing something right.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It just seemed really weird to me. So then we shift gears. We go to Janelle's house where we have Garrison having a conversation with Janelle and Cody about joining the National Guard. Garrison is seventeen at this point, and he's pretty dead set about going into the military. The family talks about how this is something that he has wanted for quite some time, but the way in which they talk about it and they talk about the National Guard kind of bothers. How you you it just it just feels like they're kind of shitting on his Like dream, I understand the parental concern of like, I don't want my kid to get shipped out to war and die. I get that that's completely fair and valid. Every parent feels like that when they have a kid that wants to join the military. That's fine, But like Janelle says something like, you know, he's seventeen, he thinks he's invincible. He just doesn't know the real world. Blah blah blah. But I was just watching this and I was thinking about my stepsister's husband, who has always been a diehard military dude. Like he tried to get out of the military at one point and like live as a civilian and he could not hack it. He was like going crazy. Ended up joining the Army National Guard again because he just couldn't deal with not being in the military. I think there's some people that really feel called to that and like want to go into that. I think it's a really honorable thing to do that. So I just felt like Cody and Janelle were trying to talk him out of it, and I'm just like, let him do his.
Speaker 1: Thing well, but they were trying to talk him out of it by putting him down in terms of his maturity, And I just had the feeling like you treat Garrison like the Mchuelt of Janelle's kids, like he's the black sheep in that family, and there's not much that he can do to win favor in their eyes, according to like what we see, and that's how he's been targeted and picked on in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I just I didn't appreciate how they were addressing it. I feel like there's different ways to express your concern and to express your worry and to offer like counter perspectives to your kids.
Speaker 1: For example, with Hunter, when Hunter walks into the room while they're having this discussion with Garrison about whether to join or not, Hunter, who is currently in the academy, is just like, are you sure you want to do that? You're going to enter in a kind of like a grunt, and you could enter in as an officer, like he's actually in the military, unlike you, Cody, and he has a perspective as somebody who's currently in the whole thing. Like, let Hunter and Garrison talk. I just I don't know, it's like Janelle and Cody shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I just don't like how the majority of the scenes that we have of Garrison throughout this show are him in conflict with yes, other people of the family who are judging him for something exactly and like putting him down, and he gets harshly punished and he gets talked down to, like when he's trying to parent his siblings too, And it's just frustrating to me to watch this kind of a dynamic. But they're framing it like we just love them, we care about him, and we're worried.
Speaker 1: I just feel like there's a lot of dark energy in that family and that it's always been there. And speaking of Garrison, like I think it was last season when he and Gabe got into some sort of an altercation and Gabe hit him first, but Garrison was being blamed for instigating the whole thing, and Cody was going to take away his trip to Hawaii yep, if it were true, And thank god, Gabe finally admitted that he had lied about it. And I think Gabe's punishment was like, Okay, you can't go to the movies tonight or whatever. Yeah, so like what why are you so hard on Garrison? And then of course we know, you know, Garrison gets older, he is in the military, he comes back, but he has problems with drinking and substances, depression and depression and can't connect with Cody and it's just really tragic and you can really see the roots of it, yeah, in these earlier seasons unfortunately.
Speaker 4: And I feel like I just wonder what Cody and Janelle's thoughts are nowadays, like just knowing that these moments are memorialized on TV, and it's like, I don't know if we're going to see any good moments with Garrison, you know, as we do these rewines and stuff, because I just feel like every moment we've seen of him so far hasn't really been good. It's sad, dude. I just it's hard for me. But I liked at least seeing him in this scene be excited about something and like purpose, have some purpose. And he ultimately gets Cody and Janelle's permission because he's seventeen, so his parents do have to sign off.
Speaker 1: Like I'm gonna go whether you like it or not, as soon as I turn eight teams.
Speaker 4: Exactly, so you might as well just agree.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: They ultimately do, and they're like, Okay, if this is what you want to do, we're proud of you, or whatever, you know, but they do take great pains to put him down for wanting to go into the military before getting an education. And then they compare him to Hunter, who is in the Air Force Academy. So he's getting his education. Wow, I guess he's enlisted in the Air Force. I'm not really sure. Seems kind of ambiguous. Cody talks about it like the way Hunter's doing it is noble and responsible, but the way that Garrison wants to do it, of just wanting to enlist right away without prioritizing his education, is aris reponsible.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, Okay, but did you even graduate from university? I don't think you did.
Speaker 2: You don't even have a job right now.
Speaker 1: No, you don't. You're just a real job. No, Jesus Christ, let your young men become men and don't.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's just frustrating men. So then we go back to mikelt who is packing and moving down to Saint George to go work at the punch shop, and Cody's talking about how much bullshit Michelty has because she has a ton of stuff. And I thought this interaction was interesting because he's, you know, saying, she's not a hoarder, she's a collector of stuff. And then all of the wives on the couch start joking about how Cody is also a hoarder, but he collects a lot of man stuff like ambo when tools.
Speaker 2: And all this other bullshit.
Speaker 4: And they're like making fun of him a little bit like McKelty got it from somewhere.
Speaker 2: She's a hoarder because of you.
Speaker 4: And Cody seems annoyed that all four of the women are making fun of him little bit and teasing him. He says they're ganging up on him, and then he says something like, you know, the hypocrisy of it all, And then we cut to a different scene, and I'm just like, are you really upset because people are calling you out on all of your bullshit?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 3: I just can't.
Speaker 1: He's got a fragile male ego, probably.
Speaker 2: So cringe.
Speaker 4: And so then we hear about the pawnshop that Michelty's going to work at.
Speaker 1: It's we've been here before at multitudes times on our trip to Navoo and across to Missouri and to meet various and sundry polygamus in America, we always stop at this goddam pat shop and look at Mormon memorabilia. I'm sick of that.
Speaker 4: We got to promote it though, for the family bond.
Speaker 1: I guess Saint George.
Speaker 4: That's kind of what it feels like. It's like pr like, hey, if you say the name of my pawn shop on your show, more people can come to my pawn shop.
Speaker 2: It's just cringe.
Speaker 4: But Cody and Christine are like supportive. I guess of McKelty doing this, and this is where they talk about how they hope she'll actually grow the fuck up and mature because she'll get a big girl job at the pond shop, and I'm just like, Okay, I feel like you guys just want her to be moved away so you don't have to deal with her, like go have fun in Saint George bye, and mkeelty's gonna be alone, Like she doesn't have any family out there, she has no friends, but she's probably got Tony.
Speaker 2: I think that's why I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so personally. I think she's gonna meet Tony in short order and they're gonna get together right away, but I don't think at this point she's actually met Tony. And I think that it was kind of a really sweet moment when they're moving her into her new, very run down apartment where she's like, I'm excited, but I'm gonna be all alone. Yeah, it's like a big jarring thing to do to just be on your own legitimately, and she's gotten nobody around her to support her at all. And I kind of feel like it's always been that way with McKelty as a child until Robin came into the family, and maybe Robin a little bit supported her.
Speaker 4: It's it is sad, and it is interesting to me that again, like Robin was the supportive figure for some of these kids, because then I'm like, Okay, well, maybe you're.
Speaker 1: Not like all bad, but I know that you're terrible.
Speaker 4: Like why else would you be supportive to some of these kids, Like, I don't know. I think it's sometimes a good thing that Micheltie had Robin because it at least empowered her enough to go and be herself. And now she's doing these podcasts and talking shit about her family, which is great because we need to hear some of the.
Speaker 1: She's always fair to Robin. She does these podcasts.
Speaker 4: She is and maybe there's a reason, right, And so then we go back to Vegas and we check in with Mary and we have to hear about the heal's issues that she's been experiencing.
Speaker 1: And I couldn't.
Speaker 4: And the way that it's framed at first is like Mary was really worried because she had this imaging that like showed some fibroids but also some possible cancer, and so she had to get a lot of testing done, and like, you know, my sister passed away from colon cancer nine years ago, so it's always a very real possibility. But then we go to the doctor and the doctor's like, everything's normal and perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: You had a little bit of a sisti pooh or whatever, a fibroid.
Speaker 4: It's like not a big deal, super common. It's fine, You're gonna be okay. And then married to the camera's like, yeah, so you know when I had all of that weight loss a couple months ago, it's because of the catfish. So it's like, okay, all your health is she's yeah.
Speaker 1: But the way she's framing it is it's because of the catfish and the stress that I was under being targeted by gang stalkers, versus it was because of the catfish because I was trying to lose weight because I wanted to meet Sam in person, and I wanted to be my very best when I did so, so I was only eating bananas and bathtubs like that's what really happened. Every single woman watching knows that that's what happened. But Mary's gonna want to spin it as like I had h point Warrie in my stomach. Well we haven't even gotten married, no, but that's what it's gonna be. Totally. You starved yourself to get skinny to beat them. Come on, bitch, just admit it.
Speaker 4: Just be real.
Speaker 2: It's just crazy to me.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be insensitive because obviously healthy, healthy shoes are very serious and stuff, and she's got family, but she doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have any health issue she knows, and she's just trying to throw this up as a smoke screen so that she doesn't have to explain her actual fucked up and toxic behavior. When's Leon getting into this because I need that.
Speaker 2: I know, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Come on, Leon, because the Leon stuff is going to be really great. And so then Mary says, you know, she still feels lonely at times, but she's working through it, and so she's working through her stress and her h filor. And I'm just like, I don't care, dude at all. So we have Christine and Cody going to visit Mickelty at the Punshot.
Speaker 1: He comes in with his big, fake ass gold watch at Robin Bottom, that Robin Bottom, and he pretends to want to pawn it in exchange for some big TV.
Speaker 4: Uh huh for Christine because they were going there specifically to buy a TV for Christine.
Speaker 2: At the punch show.
Speaker 4: Okay, Christine finds out that this watch that he was pretending to pawn for Michelt, like he was trying to highballerr and test her on her job or whatever. Christine finds out that this was actually a gift, and she feels like that was such a breach of this sister wife's.
Speaker 2: Love or trust or whatever, and she's.
Speaker 4: Like, we can't be selling a gift, like that's so mean. And then we hear from all of them on the couch and Cody's like, I had no intention of selling this watch.
Speaker 2: It was just a joke.
Speaker 4: And Robin's like, well, but I hope you hear all of our sentiment like that would be really unfair if you sold a wife's gift that she got for you. Mary says something like if you do that, if you get rid of a gift that a wife got for you, that just says that you don't care about that wife anymore, which was very telling, and so Robin's like, you know, you have to listen to all of us what we're saying, Like the concept of that is really fucked up. So I hope you understand that. And Cody turns to Robin and says, well, if I actually sold that watch and bought a TV, I would have given it to you, not Christine. And I was like, damn, like we were going there before Christine. He's just saying that in front of her like it's no big deal.
Speaker 2: But ultimately they buy a fucking TV.
Speaker 1: But wasn't there a moment on the couch with Christine and Cody where they were kind of laughing about this and Christine asks which wife gave him the watch? Yes, Cody doesn't answer, and she's like it was Robin, right, and then she holds up her.
Speaker 4: Hand yep, and it kind of like he doesn't high five.
Speaker 1: He doesn't high five her at all. Yes, he does not like her at all.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he is faking it with literally everybody except for Robin. And it's crazy that she called that out. She's been calling it out this whole time, which I appreciate, but yeah, like you can already tell he's just putting on a show. So when they buy the TV, he's like haggling his friend at the pawn shop. It's like an eight hundred dollars TV. He negotiates it down to six hundred because that's all he has on him right now. And then he's like bitching about tax and like bitching about I don't know everything. And then we're talking about Michelty and her working at the pawn chop and how it's great for her.
Speaker 1: Snory. It's just poring, dude, it is.
Speaker 4: It's just poor, it is, and I don't care to see this dingy ass fucking pawnshop.
Speaker 1: Hate it. I hate it here, Get me out of here, like just stop, just stop.
Speaker 4: And then the last scene that we have of the episode is back at Janelle's house. Garrison I guess went to get his National Guard physical and he has an announcement for the family, so he wants everybody gathered at Janelle's house. He comes home with Cody and Garrison I guess got sworn in as private first class.
Speaker 1: But Cody goes to pick him up at the airport and Garrison wants to come home and make the announcement meant to the family. So he walks into the house with Cody and the family, and Cody announces it. Cody doesn't let Garrison tell everybody, and at some point Garrison actually interrupts him and says, well, this is what happened, this is how it's gonna be, and blah blah blah blah blah. But I'm just like Cody, you're stealing his thunder. This is his announcement to make yep.
Speaker 4: But he wants everybody to cheer for him, and he wants to be the center of attention. Ways and like when Garrison's trying to interject about it and talk about what actually happened, which is like he got approved, you know, he still has to do the ceremony or whatever. It's like a process. You know, everybody's talking over him, like nobody gives a shit. It's kind of weird, Like this was center. It was supposed to be centered around Garrison, but we only really see footage from everybody else and like what their thoughts are about it, Like we're not talking to Garrison. Where we check in with some of the older siblings who are saying, like it doesn't matter what we think about this, Like he's going to do what he wants to do. We're worried about it, but we're support of him, but we don't check him with Garrison like at all. He's just kind of like shirked aside yep, and I feel really bad for him, but ultimately the family's proud of him or whatever. And I'm sure we're going to see more of his process of being in the National Guarden actually getting sworn in into ceremony and all that. And then we get to the preview for next episode. We have Janelle and Mary finally doing therapy with Nancy, and Janelle kind of tells Mary that she's overbearing in a bitch I'm paraphrasing. And then we have some stupid like baby shower I think for Robin and they get drunk off of.
Speaker 1: Some tea I don't know, something like that.
Speaker 4: Robin seems to be laughing and happy though, So that'll be interesting to see.
Speaker 1: Because she's so because it's about her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true, right, that's true.
Speaker 1: So do we know whether Garrison was ever deployed or served overseas or anything like that.
Speaker 4: I want to say he wasn't deployed, but I feel like he was stationed somewhere away from home, but I don't know where. If you guys know in the.
Speaker 1: Com sure somebody knows yet, because that's what Janelle and Cody are worried. We're saying they're worried about. It's just that he might have to go overseas. And if we're talking twenty fifteen, you're talking Afghanistan, you're definitely talking the Middle East. I would be scared af for my child for sure.
Speaker 4: And oh, I forgot to mention. Robin had made a comment about how her brother joined the army right around the time of the Iraq Afghanistan war, like right after nine to eleven, and she was trying to hide his paperwork from him, like multiple times to get him to not do it, and she wished she could have done that with Garrison. And I'm like, that's such a dubious thing to do, Like, you don't have a right to do that. If somebody wants to make that choice, that's their choice. Obviously it's scary and it's like sad, you know, but to make that choice. I just thought that was an interesting.
Speaker 1: Guiding somebody's passport because you don't want them to go on a trip or something like that.
Speaker 4: Like, isn't that borderline like abusive a little bit like keeping them away from what they want to do?
Speaker 1: Yes, but I mean maybe she was a child. Maybybe she was just a teenage girl trying to protect her brother. I don't know. She thought it was like a wonderful little story. But I'm like, that's problematic. That's super problem You should not be able to do that, super weird. So can we end this podcast talking about me? Yeah? Because I just I don't know. I want to talk about what I'm going through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your health and fitness journey's.
Speaker 1: Been finish journey. But I really feel like it shows up in the pod a lot. Because it does. It shows up in the pod like with my voice, because my voice, she's so self conscious. I'm very self conscious about it. Can you guys say deal, no? But but it does, and I just want to I don't want to apologize for it because I can't really help it, but just so that you know, I don't know what's wrong with my voice. I've got to go to an E and T. I've been like working out. She's an athlete, Like an athlete for a while now. I've been doing walking. I walk like four to six times a week, like two to four miles to pop. It's not a lot. It's not a lot, but in the Texas heat, it's a lot. Big, Yeah, it is a fucking lot. Thanks. I'm sending you pictures with the moon still out because I'm up at like five in the morning walking because.
Speaker 3: I'm dedicated to it.
Speaker 4: All wrong, well, because you stayed up like all night reading.
Speaker 1: No, No, but I mean I've been I've been working out and now I'm starting to strength train.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and every time I work out.
Speaker 1: Or I do something like, my voice is even weaker than normal. And I just feel like that's showing up a lot in the pod and I don't know what to do about it. I apologize about it. I'm trying to get stronger. I'm meaning a lot of fucking protein. I'm tracking my macros bed finally, and I'm just like, I don't know what's wrong with me.
Speaker 4: Please let us in the comments. Tell her I feel it's kind about it. Tell her words of encouragement.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: I just feel insecure about it. So if it's if it's bothering you, like I've got the mistifunia. I've got the methal. So if like somebody's smacking, or if I hear the saliva in their mouth like, it drives me fucking crazy, I cannot listen. So I'm just wondering what people out there are thinking as they're listening to my fucked up boys trying to talk about Cody Brown. Are people getting as sick of it as as I am? I'm sorry, I feel bad.
Speaker 2: It's really okay.
Speaker 4: We love you for who you are.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's all I wanted to say, So just spare with me. I'm trying to work through it. I think it has to do with my energy levels. And plus I'm a Taurus, which you know, and I think that Taurus is governed by the thyroid.
Speaker 2: It's throat.
Speaker 1: It's throat and thyroid, and so like if you were out of alignment or balance in your chakras or something, it shows up for a Taurus in their voice. Yeah, So anytime you hear me like this, it means that I'm not in balance and I'm trying to figure out why.
Speaker 4: And it's your sadder in return, pitch, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Sidebar. Did you hear those rumors that the Earth is supposed to lose gravity for seven seconds on like August twelfth or something. Yeah, I was hearing these rumors like last year, and in the early parts of this year.
Speaker 4: I've been hearing that too. I don't know if that's true, though.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's not true. It can't be true. Can you imagine if if we lost gravity on the Earth for seven seconds?
Speaker 2: That'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: But if you're in your house, though, what's the worst that could happen? You're gonna raise up to the roof? Oh but is your house raising at the same time?
Speaker 4: It could, But I don't know. Seven seconds is not a long time. It would take a little bit to lift your house, but your house can't because it's on a foundation.
Speaker 1: I know, But how is it? What about like the trees, like they're rooted. I don't know. I'm just worried about it because I think that's this week or next week.
Speaker 4: The lions Gate Portal is opening up on the eighth, I think, and then we have a solar eclipse.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about us, Honey.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of crazy astrology right now. But the whole month of August is supposed to be super lucky because it's Leo season, so you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is there anything else that we want to say to these beautiful raccoons before we get up on out of Her Beatrice.
Speaker 4: Well, if you love our podcast, please go to your favorite podcast platform and leave us like glowing five star review. It's my birthday week this week, so I would really like some five star reviews, please and thank you.
Speaker 1: Her birthday is on August fourth, and by the time you're seeing this on YouTube, that would be the day before. So wish my baby, Oh my god, happy birthday. Thirty years old. Your old. I am old, but this is the decade. It it starts to get real.
Speaker 4: I'm aware everyone's bored than me of it. But anyway, all I want for my birthday is some five star reviews, so please thank you.
Speaker 1: That would be so wonderful. We're going to be back next week to continue our converse about sister wives and all that stuff. Until then, please do not forget that we have nothing but love for you and Hee and Mighty