Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I mean total damage maybe one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: And Newsom went met with the president, you know, the enemy, and they have audio of that meeting.
Speaker 2: Please please give us some money.
Speaker 4: We need it.
Speaker 2: And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: KFI EM six forty Bill Handle Friday. Not only is it a foody Friday, but today it's a Trump free Friday.
Speaker 4: What yeh? Is that even legal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, except for a couple of things in hand on the news there we have to cover it.
Speaker 4: But the rest of.
Speaker 1: It's like you're asking me anything except some things I want to answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just driving because there's no way of not including him. I don't like with this morning because of what's going on every day, what's going on every day and shows up, you know, she puts together my story, she has I only have three Trump stories today for you.
Speaker 2: I said, no, no, you don't. Yeah, you're obsessed. We all are.
Speaker 3: Anybody who watches the news is insanely obsessed about what's going on.
Speaker 2: I mean every day.
Speaker 3: I mean I could we could do five stories today on just what happened last night?
Speaker 2: What's going on this morning?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 3: A good morning to one and all. Cono, good morning, and Amy, Hi Bill, and An Hi Bill. And I'm gonna say hello to Will and Neil at the same time. Hello, guys. Seems okay, I'll tell she I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why. I run into them in the hallway coming into the studio just down in the hallway Ry a few minutes ago, and they're talking about the Super Bowl. I said, sports talk. We have a station down the hall. You can do that at.
Speaker 2: Don't give you this about barbecue.
Speaker 4: We were talking about barbecue. You idgit?
Speaker 2: I heard, I heard super Bowl. I heard Kansas City being uttered.
Speaker 1: Kansas City barbecue so good? Oh, no, we were talking barbecue.
Speaker 2: How about Philadelphia barbecue?
Speaker 4: Does a sports fan? Yes, I'm a Niners fan. Oh.
Speaker 1: I do not have the sports gene. I competed in the martial arts, loved it all that. I appreciate sports. I'm not going to be talking in the hall about sports.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 2: How about them Dodgers?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, those are my doll years, are my people.
Speaker 5: And it's only a month and twenty days till opening day of course.
Speaker 3: And then how many days till Christmas? Not too many either? How many shopping days until Christmas? Okay, it is foody Friday, which we always do. And at eight thirty is ass candle anything our new segment?
Speaker 2: And Neil, we have phone calls?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the segment, sir. Yeah there, without them, it would be used. And what I meant, yes, we do have phone calls.
Speaker 2: Otherwise we didn't. What I meant was do we actually have good phone calls?
Speaker 1: Got some good ones? I would, There was one I had to not put in there. I heard, actually there was a couple of them. I heard those and those are usually the ones that make me laugh the most.
Speaker 3: Yes, they were. Even I was taken back a bit and.
Speaker 1: The term milking was using the question I just had to be removed.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right.
Speaker 3: And by the way, for those of you think that that is a memory memory issue.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 3: Okay, what else is going on today? I got pretty friddy. We've got is Friday in general?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah?
Speaker 1: Anything to acd Jerry the one Oh Stolle fire grill is coming on my show tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I might have to stop by the station.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I bring they bring the fewer than five dishes the boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is so the CEO Dave's coming on and looking forward to hanging out and chatting with him. It's a great story, great local story, you know, their.
Speaker 4: Rise. Yeah, and their food.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Dave wants to me to share this, but I'm going to Dave as many of us lost a ton of weight as we were talking, and.
Speaker 4: While you were talking, he lost the weight.
Speaker 3: No, while we were talking, he was telling me he does triathlons.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I mean full board triathlons. I asked him how many hours?
Speaker 3: Because it's three miles of swimming, it's one hundred and ten miles. I think of biking and a full marathon, all back to back.
Speaker 2: I go, how long does that take?
Speaker 4: He goes, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Ten eleven hours, ten eleven hours without stopping, goes, Yeah, I don't stop.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do something fun that felt good for ten to eleven hours.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's just I mean, I've always wondered about that.
Speaker 1: He's a neat guy, and he loves he's a listener, and he is a very neat guy. And I'm a huge fan of their food. And they're the service at Stonefire.
Speaker 3: You know he heats lunch every day at Stonefire, wouldn't you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but he does.
Speaker 3: I mean the food is spectacular, but I don't know what I eat lunch every absolutely.
Speaker 1: Look at their menu again, and you could go down and have something completely different every single day.
Speaker 4: Their salads alone fantastic.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll buy that. All right, guys, you ready to do it, Let's do it.
Speaker 3: It's time for Handle on the News on a foody Friday, no Trump Friday. As a matter of fact, of course, we start with Trump duds, but only for this one, except well it's only in the news. We don't do segments today. So News with Amy Neil and Me lead story. Now, if you remember Project twenty twenty five, which lays out this very conservative agenda, I mean insanely conservative agenda, which was created for the purposes of the Trump administration to say this.
Speaker 4: Is what you have to do.
Speaker 3: And the Democrats went perserk on this, and the moderate Republicans went to Berzerk, and Trump said, oh no, I'm not going to follow it. No, yes, please, that's just advisory. Well, he just named and Senate confirmed the architect of Project twenty twenty five, Russell Vott as the white House budget director. Now, to be fair, he was a budget director the first time out, and then when Biden came in, strangely enough, Biden didn't keep him, and then they wrote Project twenty twenty five. So we have a super conservative budget director white House Budge a correct director. But you know, it's the president's call. It's always the president's call as to what happens.
Speaker 1: Maybe Project twenty twenty five came out of a jilted lover like he got booted from Biden, so he goes, I'm going to write the most anti Biden thing in the whole world.
Speaker 3: It's we'll see how much a Project twenty twenty five is incorporated into the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: I think a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm the man promised he was going to blow up the federal government, got elected, and he's blowing up the federal government.
Speaker 2: Oh what a shocker, folks. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 5: The plaintiffs may have gone too far. According to a judge.
Speaker 6: US bankruptcy judge has blocked a settlement between the families who have sued Alex Jones from Info Wars over his false claims that the twenty twelve Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting didn't happen. The judge says that their attempt to divide up Alex Jones's assets exceeds the court's authority. Families who sued Jones were nearly one point three billion dollars in a Connecticut court, and then another fifty million was awarded in courts in Texas.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here is the issue.
Speaker 3: The fact that there are different states doesn't mean anything, because this is a federal issue. Is that one of the parties had been dismissed, and the judge said, you cannot settle with a party that's already been dismissed as part of a bankruptcy.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. You can't do it.
Speaker 4: So wait, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, the party was dismissed a party, It actually was the free speech systems. One judge of one of Alex Stone's entities that was also sued. That entity was dismissed in bankruptcy court for some technical reasons whatever it was, or it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Close, and they were trying to get money out of that, and.
Speaker 3: They had read the entity had agreed they were settling.
Speaker 2: They settled in.
Speaker 3: The judge said, you can't settle with a company that has filed for bankruptcy and has already been discharged.
Speaker 2: That is the issue. Makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I think they should squeeze him for every drop of blood he has in his No kidding, okay, he paid mitche O'Hara sentenced to fifty seven months. That's just shy of what five years close. And he wanted to say that he's truly sorry to mister o'tani for.
Speaker 2: Stealing seventeen million dollars.
Speaker 5: No, he's truly sorry. He got caught, yeah, for stealing seventeen million dollars.
Speaker 3: It's this is wild because I was listening to a story about this someone is being interviewed. The amount of money that he was gambling back and forth.
Speaker 2: He won some, he lost some.
Speaker 3: I mean the seventeen million dollars at the end is what he lost, and he effectively stole was three hundred and three million dollars over the last few years. This They said that this guy bet nineteen thousand bets. I mean, how do you have time to interpret.
Speaker 4: Anything he interpreted? How to get money out of there?
Speaker 1: I guess, But you know, let's hope that he does better, he said, I bet I'd get better doing almost five years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Halos are home for a while longer.
Speaker 6: The Angels have extended their stadium lease through at least twenty thirty two. That extends the current lease by three years. It was set to expire after the twenty twenty nine season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at this.
Speaker 3: They had reached the city, which owns all of it, had reached a three hundred and twenty million dollars deal to sell the stadium and the land to a partnership owned by Artie Moreno, the Angels owner. That was canceled by the city council because the mayor had been caught up in all this and there were the accusation of all kinds of wrong do.
Speaker 4: Looked a little shady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the deal would have kept the team in Anaheim through the death of your grandchildren a long long time.
Speaker 2: Was it through.
Speaker 3: Twenty seventy five? With the extensions fifty more years?
Speaker 5: It was through? No, it's twenty fifty, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the extensions are up to twenty seven five.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Yeah, because they've already said that they're extending for three years now. And the story show says that they have the right to extend three times, and they extended it once already.
Speaker 4: This is their first go round, all right.
Speaker 1: Nissan the car company looks to step back just a little bit from the merger talks with rival Honda. This coming from multiple sources. They are calling into question a sixty billion dollar time up to create the world's number three automaker could be huge.
Speaker 4: So kind of fell apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of complicated, fell apart, you know, sometimes love fades Bill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't like the name he Saun or Nanda or Honda or no Sonda, Sonda.
Speaker 2: It's just wait, that was a that didn't work, none of that.
Speaker 3: Okay ooh here ah Amy Neil.
Speaker 5: Disney's doing a bit of a.
Speaker 6: Slow roll Back in October, they said, hey, we've got this great new idea. It's called a Lightning Lane Premiere Pass, and it's only four hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Oof.
Speaker 3: That's well for one day at Disneyland. On top of getting in on top.
Speaker 5: Of the ticket, it's four hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: It gets you in the front of the line for any ride you want to go on, including Rise of the Resistance in Radiator Spread once.
Speaker 5: You can't just go on Rise over and over again. But it'll get you to the front of the line. If you want to hit.
Speaker 3: All the rights, yeah, okay, So it's only four hundred dollars, which you know Homode's cost to get in one hundred and fifty bucks for person, so it's four hundred dollars another so six hundred and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say four five to fifty.
Speaker 4: So if you're going to go once a year and you want to hit all the rides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if it's family off for it's only two thousand dollars for the part, not the hotel you need you No, that's okay, that's not I like the quote from the New Financial Disney Chy financial officer quote, we are moving slowly, no kidding, figure to gauge what the hell this is going to do with the product in order to make Now I'm going to quote it a great experience for both the purchasers of Lightning Lean Lightning Lane and the rest of our guests. The rest of our guests are standing in line for an hour and a half and got someone cuts to the front of the line because they bought the Lightning Lane. But that makes it a better experience for those people. Sounds like the pharmaceutical company saying higher prices for drugs are better for you.
Speaker 6: I will tell you that I haven't done the Lightning Lane premiere, but I do do the Lightning Lane, which is like twenty five or thirty dollars if I want to go and ride a bunch of rides. But like like Neila just said, but if I'm just going to the park and I'm going on a few rides, I don't mind waiting in the line.
Speaker 1: No, it's not a big deal. It depends who you're there with. When my wife and I were there yesterday, I don't care how long we're in line. We get to catch up.
Speaker 5: Well, you get to make google eyes at each other and hold hand.
Speaker 2: We held hands hour and a half.
Speaker 4: We were there for four hours yesterday.
Speaker 1: We got on four or five rides, we had, we sat down to eat twice, we got snacks, we did some shopping.
Speaker 3: The day at Disneyland. That's to happen everybody. But that's a half day at disney Okay, for those of you that just listen to Neil, I want you to go to Disneyland, because you two are going to get four rides, You're going to get two meals, You're going to buy some merch, get snacks in four hours.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know how to do it, all right.
Speaker 3: Very exciting. When I used to go to Disneyland a lot of years ago. I haven't been in a long time.
Speaker 5: So that's why you're so grumpy.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, because I'll tell you what spoiled me, right.
Speaker 3: I would go February March, midweek, five thousand people in the park.
Speaker 2: No wait for any ride.
Speaker 3: You'd take a ride, you'd have to get off because you can't stay on.
Speaker 2: You'd go around, get back in line where there's no line.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you that that was a lot of years ago, though, And I love Disneyland, by the way, I don't misunderstand. If it weren't for the number of people who also loved Disneyland, i'd be there half a dozen.
Speaker 2: Times a year.
Speaker 4: You can't share.
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, there's no chance that is correct. Well said, you.
Speaker 4: Don't want just I don't want you at Disneyland.
Speaker 2: You have just picked. You're not gonna you know what.
Speaker 4: Walt doesn't want you at Disneyland.
Speaker 3: I understand, it's just it's the crowds, that's it, because it's so popular and it's a great place.
Speaker 1: Bill, they're talking about what you used to refer to as law school newscandy.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: Cocain.
Speaker 1: Yes, cocaine is no worse than whiskey and is only illegal because it comes from Latin America, so says the Columbia and President Gustavo Petro during a live broadcast of a government meeting. So he says, basically, it's racism because he says, scientists haven't analyzed this. So he sounds like a Latino.
Speaker 2: He sounds like a.
Speaker 4: It's yeah.
Speaker 1: So he says, you know, Columbia is the world's biggest cocaine producer and exporter. And he said during the six hour ministerial meaning broadcast live for the first time. By the way, he says, it's illegal because Maine, Latin America, because it's no worse than whiskey. Scientists have analyzed this. Cocaine is no worse than whiskey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'd like to see the scientific reports, but I doubt it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've only done cocaine, I know, a couple three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've only done it a couple three thousand times.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I like my whiskey. Yeah, but I heard say they were comparable. Okay.
Speaker 6: The safety system apparently was not on. There's a safety system called the Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast or ADSB. They had it on a black Hawk helicopter. It wasn't all on, and that's when the black Hawk collided with that American Airlines commuter jet near Reagan Airport.
Speaker 4: Last week.
Speaker 6: Ted cruz Is on the Senate Commerce Committee said there was no real reason it shouldn't have been on. It's an advanced surveillance technology that tracks aircraft location.
Speaker 4: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: I thought that was some kind of sexual issue ADSP.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it's b D I Sam, I have conflated the two.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm mixing you up with one of your other family members.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's interesting that this was off.
Speaker 4: You know, they were not interesting. That's oriental.
Speaker 3: It is horrible, but it is interesting, and they were using night goggles and there's there's gonna be a few issues there, but it all looks like it's it's all pointing to the helicopter and the helicopter pilots that are at fault.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: We'll see again that's premature and that's preliminary.
Speaker 4: All right, man, this totally blows my mind.
Speaker 1: Like Billabong and Quicksilver and full Come, they're totally going away, man, Liberated Brands, I have two d and twenty six million dollars.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what these stores are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're surf shops.
Speaker 2: Surf shops. Oh, you're right, because I've done so much surfing in my life. Yeah, that's me. They used to call me surfer Bill.
Speaker 4: Did they know not what they call you in the halls? No? Yeah, no, I'm not a sig surfer.
Speaker 1: They're permanently closing more than one hundred stores in the US due to their operator, Liberated Brands, filing for bankruptcy. The interesting thing on this, they said one of the reasons is they blame fast fashion competition.
Speaker 4: What is that? What is fast fashion is.
Speaker 1: Kind of a it's it's not really well made, but it's super hype trendy, ties out and he goes away.
Speaker 3: It's not like fast food that have destroyed restaurants kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Sort of. Yeah, No, I mean I'm being serious about that.
Speaker 3: It's just a society leaning towards the other direction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, fourteen hundred people laid off.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Well, the past has come back to bite.
Speaker 6: A now former member of Musk's Doge team, a twenty five year old software engineer who was working inside the Treasury Department to cut costs and root out fraud, had some racist social media posts reservice. They had been deleted, but you know, nothing's ever really gone, and there were several of them from not that long ago. One says, you couldn't pay me to marry outside my ethnicity. Another one said, just for the record, I was racist before it was cool on my he's gone now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whoa.
Speaker 4: But that could be interpreted well, now, yeah.
Speaker 3: Repealing the Civil Rights Act? I want a eugenic immigration policy. Is that too much to ask? No, it's not too much to ask at all. I think it's perfectly legitimate to ask.
Speaker 1: It's so much easier to point out racists when they say, Hi, I'm a racist.
Speaker 2: And it's cool to be a racist. On top of that.
Speaker 1: But the problem is, now, if you start eliminating all the racists from Washington, DC, we're gonna have issues.
Speaker 4: Nobody's gonna work. Yeah, it's this is just wow, wow, Sorry, all right.
Speaker 1: All right, Kabla Harris, you remember her a vice president and she ran for the presidency. Kind of a big deal. It's going real good till it wasn't well. She toured neighborhoods devastated by the Palisades fighter fire, not far from her own home in Brentwood, and she said to literally be on the ground here. You can smell the smoke that was here.
Speaker 3: Do you see her speaking to the crowd, And people were saying, who's that.
Speaker 1: She was touring alongside Los Angeles County Supervisor Lindsay Horvath.
Speaker 3: By the way, she lives in Brentwood. Yeah, yeah, what are the prices of homes in Brentwood.
Speaker 4: She's got money, I guess, sir.
Speaker 5: And her husband's a I think he's a pretty successful.
Speaker 4: Lawyer, right, I don't know, don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, But again, for all those people that bitchten complained about Trump not going to Altadena, either, did Kamala Harris apparently?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean Palisades is getting all the attention, and which to.
Speaker 1: Me sucks because it's horrible. Altadena is so historical. I mean, it sucks all the way around. I don't want to see him being lose their house. Rich not rich, I don't care. But the Palisades is it is not I don't know. To me, it's not as old and rich with history as Altady.
Speaker 3: Pallisanes just has money and Altadena doesn't come close.
Speaker 4: That's it, all right, Move on.
Speaker 6: An ignition admission Southern California, Edison says that its equipment may have sparked the wildfire in Silmar. That's the one that burned about eight hundred acres. It was known as the Hurst Fire. It burned a lot of land, but it did not destroy any homes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh so they'll take that's what they're saying. Yeah, we're okay being blamed for the fire. But that one over there, that was eight hundred acres, that was.
Speaker 1: A small one with no buildings. Yeah, yeah, we're sorry about that one.
Speaker 5: It also said yesterday, yeah, that it could be it's.
Speaker 6: Looking into whether an idle transmission line became energized and possibly sparked the Eton fire, but says it still maintains there's no evidence its equipment was responsible for that one, which it will say, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the small one would know how. We're pretty sure we did.
Speaker 2: That And they had to do a filing.
Speaker 3: It's not as if they voluntarily gave up this information. That is the law they have to do. It's under the utilities law.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: One thing that I don't want my snacks live beetles. More than three dozen live beetles, nearly the length of the average human hands.
Speaker 2: Five inches long. That's a big beetle.
Speaker 4: That's not a beetle, that's a stowaway.
Speaker 1: They were found discovered in the Southern California airport during a routine inspection. They said, well, hello, federal authorities announced this just Wednesday. So, according to a release from the US Customs and Border Protection agriculture specialists asigned to the Los Angeles LAX, here found thirty seven giant beetles concealed inside multiple packages of Japanese snacks, potato, chips, and chocolate.
Speaker 2: Now, let's be fair. Empty packages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the reason why they're in there is not because they're part of the snack. They're valued at fourteen hundred dollars and change, so they're they're not legal here, but people want to buy that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So you know what's I was in where the triangles?
Speaker 1: Where what is it? Thailand and Burma? And when they come to and maybe allows something kind of where they eat the beetles and they eat the guy at the border for Burma meahat Me and mar had a cockroach on a leash, a tidy and it would fly up about a foot and a half and he'd kind of yank it back down and and it all disheveled and looking for our passport. And I'm like, wow, So maybe it's like that, like a hissing cockroach or something.
Speaker 4: Amy.
Speaker 5: Where or where can it be?
Speaker 6: A plane with ten people on board was flying across Alaska's Norton Sound, south of the Arctic Circle when it went missing yesterday afternoon. It was flying from a small town in western Alaska to Nome. Nine passengers, one pilot, and officials say they lost contact with the plane about an hour after takeoff, twelve miles off shore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's obviously gone, but this is a a Sessna. The caravan is just a big, big Cessna.
Speaker 4: How many people were on it? A nine?
Speaker 5: Nine passengers in the big Cesna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. These are big cessnas. Yeah, they're big.
Speaker 3: And this is up in the northern regions where you have these Inuit villages, and that's how they travel and get stuff. I mean it's either dog sled or air and basically that's it. Wow, that's kind of a heartbreaker though. You know, look at the number of air crashes that have been in the last for the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but news kind of does that. Once one happens, then they're looking for them all the time.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: One more lawsuit seeks order blocking unconstitutional and illegal actions and quotes that have created also in quotes, global humanitarian crisis. The largest US government workers union and an association of foreign services workers sued Trump the Trump administration on Thursday in an effort to reverse its aggressive dismantling of the US Agency for International Development.
Speaker 4: USAID.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, why the lawsuit was the basis because Congress passed the law that allowed USAID, and the argument is the president doesn't have the right to stop it.
Speaker 2: He is arguing with must complete total fraud.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the list that they have produced of programs in which the government funds condoms and LBA, yeah, tgbl gbeah, Yeah, musicals in Honduras, that's what they're saying. I mean, if that's true, you know, I don't think it's a straight grant it's probably a grant to a theater company that helps.
Speaker 2: And I mean I love.
Speaker 1: Trump or hate him. The government needs to shake up. Yeah, we need to start looking in some of the dark crevasses.
Speaker 3: And that is absolutely an under liberal democratic administrations, they do spend money for insane stuff. Okay, this is kf I am sixty.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.