Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust in on the telephone. Here, I've got one splendid entertainer. Might you might have seen Jacob Deck out in Branson. How are you doing, Jacob?
Speaker 2: I'm great? How are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? I'm doing super You know how it is, you know, sunshine and makes the world go around, and also music, big music makes the world go around. You're coming all the way from Branson to Bartlesville. What you're bringing with you?
Speaker 2: We are bringing back in time, a journey through the decade.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, this sounds like it's got a little bit of something from everyone. What kind of decades we're talking about here?
Speaker 2: We are doing every decade from the nineteen fifties all the way up to twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Sakes. So they're singing and dancing and a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, singing and singing, so much fun, high energy, you know, big show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now I understand this is all done by seven singers and dancers. How does that? How'd you do that?
Speaker 2: So we get together and we rehearse. We have about we've just started rehearsal. So we have about four and a half weeks of rehearsal and we come together in a studio. We learn all of our vocals ahead of time. We have all the music kind of laid out for everyone. We have all of their vocal parts and everything recorded so that all they have to do is listen to it, you know, on their headphones or in their car or whatever. And then they come in and they learn the choreography from me, and then we clean it and then we take it on the road.
Speaker 1: Wow, we that is something else. How long you been doing this?
Speaker 2: So this particular show, we are in our second year of the show, but performing in general and choreographing, that's that's all I've ever done my whole life. So it kind of is like a second nature, all right.
Speaker 1: So this is called a bat Back in Time, a journey through the decades. We're gonna be at the Center here in Arnival Phille on October twenty third. The showtime is seven thirty pm, and we have tickets ranging from twenty one dollars to twenty six dollars. That's that's rather inexpensive considering the kind of show one is going to receive.
Speaker 2: Deal.
Speaker 1: I think I do too. Now, when you do your shows in Brandson, that's a lot of fun because you know, you can go right home and sleep in your own bed each night. But when you take it on the road, that's a whole different story.
Speaker 2: It is a whole different story. Yep.
Speaker 1: Oh man. So what do you like most about the show other than the time span, which is incredible.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, besides all of the music from the decades, I love the dancing in it. I think we have tried to really take dance moves from each decade. So I think, you know, if people were dancers back in their day, they're going to recognize some of these moves for sure, especially disco. Disco is my favorite. We do lots of disco dancing in the seventy segment, So I think people will really like the dancing, and I think they'll really like our cast. We have a great cast, and we all really really really love each other and we get along, and I think that that resonates into the audience for sure.
Speaker 1: You know, if you take three generations, you know, Grandma, grandpa, mom and daddy and the kids, the kids are gonna get a little bit of a giggle from time to time, and you know it's worth it. Distance see that smile. You really wore those clothes, You really moved like that, you really listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we also have some crazy wigs too, so whenever we get to the seventies, you'll see some crazy seventies haired you know, fair faucet, all that kind of stuff. So there's definitely some stuff that the kids will will get a kick out of.
Speaker 1: My goodness sake, this sounds like it's a it's a lot of fun and only seven people putting all that energy together and having all that kind of fun. And still, like I said, I can't believe the ticket prices. You guys must be must be working for food. I mean, no, I'm kid, I'm kidding, But this is gonna be great. This is really gonna be great. I imagine we're probably gonna get pretty close to house, if not a full house, just for this show because of the big time that it takes here, with the journey through the decades all the way from the nineteen fifties when rockabilly was king to the sixties. Well, I thinks we're kind of mod fab and geared the seventies with the everything from the disco to you know, other types of folk, and then eighties, nineties and two thousands has shaped a lot of people who are walking around today earning eleven that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. And we also have two separate eighties segments, So we have an eighties rock segment for all of those people that loved eighties rocks, and then we have like an eighties pop segment with Whitney Houston, Wham, you know, artists like that. So there really is something for everyone.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know. The thing was music was so diverse back in the fifties, sixties and seventies and eighties, and now they've got like little genre with they called genres or pigeon holes and stuff like that. Used to be you can turn on the radio and you would be able to hear what were the top songs of the day. One of them might be a country song, one of them might be a rockabilly song, another one might be what they call a standard, and it all kind of blended together. This is like turning on the radio from way back when and just having fun.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is man alive. So this performance with seven people back in time, a journey through the decades, high energy, so does this mean that you get a little little cardio going on this one?
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, for sure. We are moving the whole show. We start high energy and it just does not stop. It goes the whole show. There's even some audience participation. We asked the audience to kind of get up and groove with us a couple of times. So that should be fun for everyone as well.
Speaker 1: Did someone say audience participation?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: You got about every hot dog in the four count the area ready to go. Now, everybody likes to be a part of the show. You know, this is really great. Uh, the you know, the the program that you've got coming up here really exciting. But you know, when you when you're back in Branson, Uh, that's that town has changed over the years. I remember when it was just a strip. He had a couple of little theaters, a couple of little restaurants, and maybe maybe two or three hotels and to go.
Speaker 2: There, that's about it.
Speaker 1: And that was it, and you could go through town and pretty quick. But now not so much anymore. This is like the entertainment mecca for families.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes it is. It is definitely a family entertainment base and there's no way that you would be able to get through all of Branson in even a week. I don't think you could use it.
Speaker 1: Used to be you can get through it in about a day and a half and then have something right about and talk about and everything else like that. Now you've got folks coming back for more. Now where do you perform when you are in Branson?
Speaker 2: So I'm at a couple of different theaters right now. I'm currently at the Klay Cooper Theater with Dean Z the Ultimate Elvis. I've lay with him with him, yeah, And then I'm also in Hot Rods and High Heels, which is produced by Clay and Tina Cooper, who owned Clay Cooper Theater. It's a fifty show. And then I danced in Clay's show, The Klay Cooper's Country Express for five years. And then I'm currently in Also uh Abba a tribute or a tribute to Abba, Thank You for the Music, which is at the Hamner Variety Theater. I bing into that show every couple of weeks and which is just an Abba show.
Speaker 1: So yeah, You've got a lot to remember, son.
Speaker 2: I do, I do, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you know, as long as you're as long as you're moving and grooving, you're getting paid. And that's a good thing. Now, once again, one reminding, it's a very good thing. I want to remind everybody. It's called Back in Time. It's a journey through the decades and it is at the center. Your tickets can be handled through the box office. They arrange in price from twenty one to twenty six dollars. The show goes through the spirit of each decade from the nineteen fifties all the way to the two thousands with a seven person show, and they are moving, grooving, dancing, singing and doing everything electrifying and my gosh, it seems like that'll really wear a person out, but it'd be fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we definitely you can eat whatever you want after doing a show like this.
Speaker 1: It'll be carb neutral.
Speaker 2: Yes, yep.
Speaker 1: So if folks ever want to catch you guys, not just here, but perhaps down the road. Does the Klay Cooper Theater have their own website there that will direct you to the shows that you're in sands the Abbott Yes.
Speaker 2: If you go to Claycoopertheater dot com, they have all of the shows there that are at the theater, and there's mini shows there. I think there's six or seven and they have some concert series shows. Terry Bradshaw comes through the theater, Randy Travis. So there's lots of special events too. So if you just go to Quacoopertheater dot com, all of the shows are listed there. You can get your tickets and all that good stuff right from the website.
Speaker 1: My goodness, So get ready, folks. Bring This is what I would call, you know, the great generational show. So bring the kids, yes, bring Graandma and grandpa, and bring yourself, you know, and really really make it an affair to remember once again. That is on August twenty third, and that will be at the Center Bartlesville. And again the tickets range from twenty one to twenty six dollars. There's not a bad seat in the house. Now. I got to ask you, Jacob, have you ever performed here in Bartlesville in the at Earth Center.
Speaker 2: I have never. This will be my very first time, so I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: Oh you better be, because this is one of the best theaters you'll ever The acoustics are wonderful of this setting is beyond compare, and I challenge you to find one better in the area.
Speaker 2: And I've heard all about it. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Folks in Tulsa, eat your heart out. Well. I want to thank you for being with us here today and inviting everybody to the show. And once again, folks said, that'll be on the twenty third at the Center. Back in time, journey through the decades, the nineteen fifties through the two thousands, Jacob, take care of yourself, be good, Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you all.
Speaker 1: Right, We'll see you when you get to town. All right, folks, you are listening to our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust.