Speaker 1: He's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBSY, Boston's Me Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Al Griffin. Today is on June nineteenth on the calendar, but as a holiday, it is on Juneteenth. And I know that many of you today did not have to work, but I suspect that there's still a good portion of my audience that doesn't understand fully what the purpose of this holiday is and what it commemorates. And so we've asked Sandra mccroome, she's associated with Children's Services of Roxbury, to join us for a few minutes and just talk about the significance of this holiday, which has only been a holiday, a federal holiday for a few years. Sandra, welcome to night said, how are you this evening.
Speaker 3: Mister Ray.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: You're very welcome. By the way, I'm just simply Dan. Mister Ray was my father, so you called me Dan.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I know a little bit about Juneteenth, and I know that the story of Galveston, Texas and all of that, but I thought you could fill in it a little bit because I'm sure there are people in my audience who realize this a holiday but they're a little bit confused by what Juneteenth represents and why it's important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's important because it is part of the American story. So, as you mentioned, in Galveston, Texas in eighteen sixty five, there were two hundred and fifty people who were still enslaved, which was after the Emancipation Proclamation. It was two and a half years after the rest of the country had freed their slaves.
Speaker 2: But it also and also I think it's important to mention, and I'm sure you know as well as I do, that it was two years a rather two months after the end of the Civil War.
Speaker 4: That is correct, That is correct, and so this history is important. I would say it really is a second Independence Day for this country, because until we truly are all free, none of us are really free. And I think it represents freedom and opportunity. This holiday represents what the Constitution has promised all of us, which is, you know, this country made a declaration that we all are have the right to unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And these enslaved black people were denied that and even after they were freed, as you know, this country still struggles with what is freedom? Who belongs in this country? What rights do each of us have? And I would say there's some populations where rights don't feel like they are ours to have.
Speaker 2: Well, as I say, you know, quoting for the Declaration of Independence, which goes back to two hundred and forty nine years ago this fourth of July, we hold these truth to be self evident. That all men are created equal, and of course they use the word men there to talk that was really being used in that time of the eighteenth century. All people are created equal, that they're endowed by their creator, which obviously is reference to God, with certain unalienable rights. That among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And that that is from the Declaration of Independence. And it's an acknowledgment that that it's it's a higher power that that provides us, uh, that that endows us with those rights, and that government of any sort should never never take them away. And uh. And obviously, slavery, in my opinion in this country was what I I call it the nation's original sin. That's how I feel about it. And I think others have have have picked up on that idea, and I think President Obama always talked about trying to continue to create the more perfect union and that it's it's you know, there are there are things that can be done going forward. You know, we we we're we're moving in the right direction, but there still maybe are some uh some some things we have to still accomplish. And I think that the Juneteenth Uh. You know again, I I I'm not as familiar as you are with the history. I got to be honest with you, I'm fairly well read. Before this became a holiday, I was unaware of the fact that, uh, there were people who were still enslaved after uh, you know, general surrendered, you know, uh, And and I don't know why that was not well known. I saw an interesting piece today in which I guess there was a Union general who brought word to Galveston, Texas. Uh, I think it was. It was a piece I watched on CNN this morning which I had never never seen before, and the the great great great granddaughter of that general was met up with a woman whose great great grandfather was one of the people who learned two months after the Civil War that indeed the North had won and that slavery was was no longer, uh a de jour legal. You know there there obviously there were there many steps that were taken after the Civil War in terms of emancipation and you know, Fourteenth Amendment and things like that and proud versus Board of Education and on and on and on. But it's a day that should be remembered. And that's what Juneteenth is all about. What did you do today, I said, you were. You were involved in some ceremonies today.
Speaker 4: I was around the city a bit, and I mostly spent the day with friends and family. I mean, this is a time for us to gather. I have been at events all week. I was at the Embrace event last night at the museum, I mean the African American Museum right on Huntington, AB and we had a you know, it's this time of the year, and as you said, it's very memory and I think this should prompt all of us to think about our history. And I think that the fact that so many people did not know this history is not completely surprising because even now, unfortunately with book bands and libraries being told that they can't even lend out certain books, and the attack on diversity, equity, and inclusion are all symptomatic of that original sin you talked about. These are all symptoms that I think try to suppress a painful part of our history, but it is nonetheless American history. And until or unless we recognize holidays like Juneteenth, it would be difficult and will be difficult for all of us to have a conversation to recognize our collective humanity and that together we truly are stronger, and that together, I think is the only way to fulfill this nation's promise to its citizens. And in these challenging times, I see Juneteenth as a time to reflect, a time for community to come together, at a time for joy and optimism what seems to be so lacking in the world right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's funny when when you talk about you know, book bands and all of that. I follow that stuff pretty closely. And I know that there's some books that are being taken out of children's areas and put into older kids areas. And I think that there's a good conversation about what age certain children, you know, what age children are going to be exposed to what I would consider and probably would you would consider to be adult themes. But I'm not somebody who's in favor in any way, shape or form of book bands. And I still don't know of any book bands that are being that in the traditional sense that when I was younger, Catcher in the Rye and books like that were were banned in some areas, and the old phrase of banned in Boston. I think we need to be careful on that.
Speaker 3: And uh, and.
Speaker 2: So you know, and I and I also think that one of the things that that I think is important. And I don't know if you would agree, we probably see things a little differently in some respects, although I think we see a lot of things similarly. It's it's interesting that in this past election, uh, that minority voters actually Donald Trump, for whatever criticisms people want to level at him, expanded the Republican votes amongst minority voters. And and I think that that tends to be a good thing, because I think that when we vote less as a block, I mean, I remember, you know, dealing and hearing of the segregationist governors of the South, Fulbright and all of Sine Mattos and those people where Federick troops had to be involved to allow children to go to school or allow James Meredith to go to the University of Mississippi. It's funny that the segregationists of the South were arguing states rights back in those days and the ninth and tenth Amendment, And as a lawyer, I'm very familiar with those arguments, and some of those arguments are now being now being used in the current day on the other side of the aisles. So I just think we need to be more more tolerant of everyone's viewpoints, and that's what we try to do on night side, Sandra is give everyone an opportunity to speak and uh and have a conversation. And you I appreciate you having taken the time tonight to to bring some perspective to this story and the and the meaning of this day, uh and its importance and and I very much appreciate you. I know it's been the end of a long day for you, and I guess you were you were in a flag racing today. I believe in the press release that I received, I was referring to it the delaway Thomas Lewis, Yeah, so you've had a busy day. So thanks so much for being with us, and we'll have you back. You were with the the Children's Services of Roxbury give assist a quick explainer of of what that does and how people can help it if they'd like to be of some assistance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate you you saying that. I'm the president and CEO at Children's Services of Roxbury and we're one of the largest black led nonprofits in the Commonwealth. We serve six thousand children and their families a year, everything from early education and care, foster care. We house about a thousand families every year through our emergency shelter program, and we have behavioral health services, so as you know, so many people are struggling with mental health and we've been providing that service for almost two decades now to the youngest of our children and supporting their families. And I think I thank you so much for your open conversations, for your deep dive on a lot of topics that others steer away from. And I really appreciate the time today and I just have to shout out my staff. Without them, you know, so many children and families would not have the service is that they so desperately need. And we really appreciate again your thoughtfulness, your energy and the deep conversations that happens on this show.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much, Sandraw, We'll have you back and again best. I'll like thank you for the work you do with Children's Services of Roxbury. Appreciate your time today. And Happy Juneteenth, Hey, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Happy Juneteenth to you as well.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks so much. We will take a quick break here. I've enjoyed that conversation. I hope you did as well, and we learned a little bit more about the importance of today. And when we get back, we're going to talk about the importance of a decision that the President of the United States is about to make. You know what I'm talking about, Iran. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dan Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Basy Bustin's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Very quickly is we only get a couple of minutes before the news here, and if you'd like to get on board six seven two five four to ten thirty six seven, nine thirty, imagine the enormity of the decision that is facing Donald Trump. Uh, he ran for president. There were a lot of issues that I'm sure he could have anticipated border and all of that. But the most I think consequential decision that he is ever going to face in his presidency is what to do with Iran. Now it is clear that he is hesitant to do what some are asking him to do, which is to drop what's called bunker busting bombs, thirty thousand pound weapons to penetrate deep into the Iranian territory where their nuclear activity nuclear operations, since nuclear reactors are basically at work three hundred feet underground in a mountain range. Today, the President said that he's going to wait for a couple of weeks. I think he is. He's not looking forward to doing this, but I think he's getting tremendous pressure from Benjamin Ettnyah, who because Israel, Israel wants to eliminate the nuclear threat, and the president clearly, when you listen to what he said about Iran, just listen, this is forty seconds. It gives you, I think, a pretty clear insight into what Trump is prepared to do if necessary. Cut three A please Noah, But.
Speaker 6: Is there anybody here that said it would be okay to have a hostile.
Speaker 7: Very You know, he zealous, really.
Speaker 6: But to have a hostile country have a nuclear weapon that could destroy twenty five miles, but much more than that can destroy other nations just by the breeze blowing the dust. You know that dust blows to other nations and they get to Essamaria.
Speaker 7: This is just not a threat you can have. And we've been threatened by Iran for many years.
Speaker 6: And if you go back and look at my history, if you go back fifteen years, are saying we cannot let Iran get a nuclear Well, but I've been saying it for a long time.
Speaker 7: I mean it more now than I've ever mentioned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that is the mindset of President Trump. But it's a consequential decision because as many are suggesting, Okay, you have to fly as a D two bombers from Missouri to Iran. You have to deliver this ordinance with incredible precision. And I think it's more than just one payload, several payloads. I suspect that he's waiting to make sure that the Iranian ear defense system is crippled and incapacitated, and certainly I think Israel has done a pretty good job of that. The choices he has are bad or worse. I mean, it's a bad choice to have to blow up the nuclear weaponry of a nation like Iran, you have no idea what the implications are. As often some people refer to it as quote, what happens the day after, assuming you're successful, which is a big assumption. If you're unsuccessful, then you get a real problem. But I think he's taking two weeks to buy some time to think about it. I think that at the end of the day, if Iran does not wave the white flag and capitulate, it will happen, and it is the most consequential decision that a president will be able to make. Harry Truman had to make the decision in terms of dropping nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in nineteen forty five. Very controversial decisions even at the time, but in retrospect, I think Truman is remembered as a great president as a result of dealing with those very difficult decisions. So i'm whether you're a Trump supporter or a Trump critic, you have to have a little sympathy for the decision that he faces. And I'm going to open up the phone lines during the newscast here and we'll be back in about three or four minutes with your phone call six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. What are the implications should he do it or should he not do it? And if he does it, how do we control whatever the reaction might be. If he chooses not to do it, what are the implications of that decision? A decision to act or not to act are equally significant. And I think he's buying time and hoping that the mullas the theocracy of Iran, will come to their senses and realize that that game is up and they indeed cannot cannot have a nuclear weapon because if they have a nuclear weapon and a delivery system, goodbye to Israel, goodbye to other nations in the Middle East who also are considered by Iran to be enemies, and maybe goodbye to the United States. This is a big time decision. I would not like to have to make that decision, but he campaign for it. It's on his plate. We'll be back after the news at the bottom of the hour. My name is Dan Ray. This is Nightside. Your comments very much appreciated.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray unveil you bes Boston's news radio. You're on night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WAZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: So we are talking about the decision that faces President Donald Trump. And each president has these moments during their presidency which defined the presidency. I think this is one of them. Let me go to my friend Rashid in Dorchester. Hey, Rashid, welcome, Thanks for holding on through the news. You are next on Nightside. Oh I missed the button, Rashid, my mistake. Why is this not working for me? Where are we going here? Rashid? Are you there?
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm here. Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you now? Yeah, but I'm not sure what's going on? Go right ahead?
Speaker 8: Okay. So President Trump ran on a campaign of no more foreign wars. Correct, And the issue with the Iran War that a lot of people understand is the Iran war would not only destroy our economy, but we're going to lose a lot of our service members in that war. Iran is a very formidable nation. They have a very formidable army, and I think that if people haven't been paying attention, we went to war against the Taliban and al Qaida, and they had insignificant resources and we lost to them. So you know, it's it's the American people don't have a tasteful war. People who are in my age group, I'll be thirty on the thirtieth of this month, we don't We've been at war.
Speaker 5: In our lives.
Speaker 8: We don't want it. But I think the other issue is that, you know, some people say, Okay, we're going to just bomb for go with bunker busting bombs. And what people don't realize is that the Iranians have the capabilities to build nuclear weapons, whether they will build it at Ford or somewhere else, they have the expertise, they know how to do it. And what people don't realize is the minute that the United States gets involved, were Iran ballistic missiles are going to kill a lot of our service members in Middle Eastern bases. It's just not a good situation. And I think that, you know, I was a supporter of Steve Whitkoff and President Trump's efforts to to try diplomacy. I think I read something recently that the Iranian FloraNT Minister is in contact with Steve Woodcoff. But diplomacy works. I think that the best thing that we could do is have a deal where Iran does not develop a new nuclear weapon, and perhaps we have economic relationships with them that they would rely on, so it would just say, Okay, we're not going to fund the proxies, We're not going to go to war with Israel. We're gonna relax because now we're integrated back into the global system. So that's just my point.
Speaker 2: So my question to you is do you trust do you trust the theocuacy in to run?
Speaker 8: I don't trust anybody. I think that I as an American and we should only trust ourselves. But again, I think President Trump is going to end up going to war if Iran, and it's going to have devastating consequences, and it's quite unfortunate that, you know, we couldn't have peace. Like I'm a person that you know, I would love to see our military active in Mexico where they're sending in fetanol that's killing hundreds of thousands of Americans. You know, I would like to see our military participate in things that kind of, in my opinion, directly benefit our country more. But you know, I think that unfortunately, with the pressures that he has, he's gonna have to do it, and it's just gonna have devastating results. I mean, they make drones in Iran for twenty thousand dollars, and we spent like four million dollars to create things to shoot those drones down. Like anybody could do the math. It's gonna economically ruin US.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting Raside, because you have been a strong Donald Trump supporters. It's interesting that so that that you've arrived at that conclusion. And I think, I thank you for the call. That's a really interesting perspective. Thank you, Dan, Thanks talk soon, Rashid. I have a great one six, one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. One line there and two lines. This is a tip if you want to get in six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Will is down in Long Island will love to know what you're thinking about this. How are you will?
Speaker 3: Oh? Then it puts a knot in my stomach. But the bottom line is this is something that should have been dealt with a long time ago. This is a mistake that we made going back all the way to the nineteen fifties, and it has been a disaster ever since, not just for the United States, but for friends in the Middle East, for countries that aren't even friends in the Middle East, for Iranians probably most of all. Right, I mean, the nineteen fifty three coup that we supported has destroyed Iran, and the young people of Iran don't want it. And you know, you ask, do you trust the regime in Iran? If the Iranians don't trust the regime in Iran, I certainly don't trust the regime in Iran. Right. I'm not a proponent of war. I'm certainly not a proponent of backing this militia and this group of rebels and then you know, ten twenty years later, they're shooting your bullets back at you. We've seen that happen multiple times in that region. I agree with Rashid that we should be a military action on our borders against the cartels in Mexico. Of Mexico can't handle it. It's national security issue for the United States. But this is something that this is We talked about this before. We talked about this when he said there was going to be consequences, and we knew that he was talking about Iran. Now you set it on his plate. Even if he bombs for doh, that does not mean that it will have any significant impact. We don't even know if it will reach or destroy that nuclear facility, right. I do disagree with Rashid. I think that their military is over. I think that if we went to real war with Iran we would do there would be a devastating impact on Iran before we put one soldier on the ground in Iran. By all estimates, half of their ballistic missiles have already been fired at Israel. And that's half of the ballistic missiles that they could reach Israel with right. The Charrette can't reach us with anything right, So obviously they'd be firing at bases and soldiers that we have on the ground over there. I also disagree with the United States to not beat the Taliban. We easily ousted the Taliban for twenty years until we decided when we left, and in such a disgraceful way. Jesus couldn't have stopped the Taliban from taking that over when we left, Okay, because they just never got prepared in those twenty years. However, we didn't have to be there to make it.
Speaker 2: We also backed a government in Afghanistan that decided to take the money, literally take the money and run.
Speaker 3: Right, and you know, the Iranian regimes linked to terrorism are so vast they hardly need to be stated.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, okay, So what I'm trying, what I'm trying to get at is President calls you in the office and says, well heard you the other night on Night's Side with Dan Ray. I got to make this decision. Do I go for it or do I just keep threatening them? Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, and I'm going to go out on a horrible limb and I'm going to say I don't envy you, but unfortunately the powers of the universe have decided to put this ball in your lap at this time because I think you're the only president that we've had in a long time that can handle this. And I think that striking Iran. And I hate to say this, but try this.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 3: Out of all of these countries we have attacked, this is the one that we should attack this. This is the one that needs a regime change. I'm not saying go in there and do nation building and try to.
Speaker 2: Do I know I understand that the problem with that, and again I'm just playing a little Devil's advocate with you. Will you know me well enough to know my understanding is that the popularity of the Mullah's, the government of Iran, the theocracy is about fifteen percent. But the problem is that the fifteen percent have all the weapons and all the guns, and the eighty five percent who would rise up, they don't have any weapons. They don't have anything that they can use other than sticks and stones, and that gives a decided advantage to the government, the minority government.
Speaker 3: But let's look at one of the real reasons why war in Iran and toppling the Iranian regime or damaging as much as you can is important. I don't want to get caught in the WMD. We said they were one day from a boma and we find out they were years from a bomb, and we wind up with another Iraq situation where we looked like idiots with egg on our face. Okay, he has to make the point that we have no reason not to believe our intelligence or Israeli intelligence, that they are extremely close to this bomb.
Speaker 2: I would trust Israeli intelligence, would I know it's in their interest to have us in the fight, but I would trust their intelligence.
Speaker 3: Right. But I would also point out the ancillary points, Okay, that this is a nation that has been responsible for attacking and killing American soldiers, their manifesto. They chant death to America in their parliament. Their manifesto is to wipe out Israel and the United States. They want to kill us. Now's the time where we have a prime opportunity to attack and maybe make some change. And the biggest thing of all, they have no friends there really, And Russia and China really want a strong Iran because they want all their influences the Middle East, and they also want their oil. The same mistake we made in nineteen fifty three for their oil is the same thing that China and Russia are betting on to have a strong Iran. They want the stabilization in that region. And I don't know how much longer the Saudis are going to allow you to fire missiles over the country, so I think that we'll have You know, he should be talking to some other Middle Eastern actors, like the Saudis and other people and see if we could get some type of coalition on our side. But the real prize here is not just to stop their nuclear program, but to stop the regime of Iran from getting any stronger and possibly set up a time where the regime can be toppled and be taken over by maybe someone else that disagrees with us, hopefully democratic. But even if they disagree with us, but not them, not.
Speaker 2: Any and not people who are ready to to to die, to die for their their beliefs and go off and meet the virgins.
Speaker 5: You could all die for your belief So don't take us all with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean got it? You got it all right? Well, thank you much, Matt, talk to you soon. Have a great one. One line at six one seven two thirty. One line at six one seven nine thirty. We got Phil and Bill and Mike, and we got maybe you if you want to give us a call. And ladies, don't let the men. When we talk war and peace, often men dominate. Okay, I want to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you feel this is strategically important, that's that's a point of view that needs to be heard. If you feel that that it's better to deal with with someone today then next week or next month or next year, that's a point of view. If you feel that we are seeing history repeat itself, whatever your argument, this is where we talk about it on Nightside, coming back right after this.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray, Boston's news radio night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to fill up in Danvers, fill your next on night Side.
Speaker 5: Your thoughts on Yeah, well, you know, I'm not crazy about these foreign entanglement for the most part. I mean, we have a lot of issues here, and the guy with the broad of the fentanyl, he is correct about that, but you know, ironically, I don't know how we feel about it. He ended up going into Mexico and doing some damage. You know, people complain about that too, But so, I mean, ultimately, the Israelis have done great for what they can do, and they keep getting these rocket launches and one of the missiles have been fired. We're gonna probably have to go in. I think he probably said tonight, what a week or two?
Speaker 2: I mean he's he stretched it out to two weeks, which would be around the fourth of July. Yeah, might be quite, might be quite a fireworks show in Iran the fourth of July.
Speaker 5: I'm confident that, you know, once you hand it over to the military, I think, you know, hey, if we can't do it, nobody can.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm confident and our guys in.
Speaker 10: The training and hopefully everything goes and everyone's safe when they go in the mission, So we'll have to probably go in and do some additional strikes to clear the path for our bombas and make sure that they protect them as best we can and that the ordinance goes in correct.
Speaker 5: And uh, you know, I mean some of our bases may take fire. I mean, you know, I mean we have to you know, hopefully it goes well. You never know. I mean, but I and another thing that worries me, and I hope if he has to do what he addresses the nation and speaks about this. You know, we don't know who's in the country, Dan, You know, we don't know if they're going to ring the bell. I mean you think at this point maybe they would have, but you know that we had the poorest border, and you know, there could be some bad actors in here.
Speaker 2: Dan, you know, I have no doubt. I don't think there's any doubt that there are bad actors in here. There's no question about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the question is do we have intelligence to know who the bad actors are? And what what are the capacity? I mean again, when you say ring the bell, I think what you're referring to is something goes through the the the Iranian chain of command, and they activate a sell here or they activate a sell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know, And and we've never really had a bunch of suicide bombers going to public places in this country like Israelis have. And I don't think the American publicers, you know, they really understand that. You know, people feel kind of in the way sheltered here. A lot of people don't have passports and not really in depth.
Speaker 2: But we've had we've had over time. We've had you know, Major Ndalassan down in Fort Hood in Texas. There have been some other examples. There have been some some There was the guy who wanted to blow up the plane, the shoe bomber, remember the guy trying.
Speaker 5: To learn Yeah, well, yeah, well exactly. We got lucky.
Speaker 2: They care you, I hear you. Well, it's it's going to make for some interesting days ahead, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, but you know it, we're sixty percent there. You can't leaven wounded like that. Hopefully they get rid of those guys, and whoever takes off, I think the damage that has been done to them, maybe somebody in the military say, of these guys a week and you know, of course, everybody wants their shot to move up right, So maybe they'll do something, you know, and and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: But really the other thing is, by way a background is and again I think this is important to mention is I believe that we have intelligence provided probably by the Israelis, that the Iranians we were plotting to take out Donald Trump. So you know, they could be there could be that could be a factor as well. It's I just say this that I'm glad I'm not making the decision.
Speaker 5: No, it's tough, you know, you know you read history. Harry Truman. I was actually at this house and Independence, Missouri. You know, like throw through the house. Oh yeah, exactly. It looked like nineteen eighty that's when his wife I believe passed away or eighty one. The calendar was still up in the wall and they only allowed so many people today. You couldn't go in the second floor. You could walk through. They had the floor supported and there was a small group of US ten or twelve.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the story about Harry Truman and his wife Bess was that when he finished up in January of nineteen fifty three, he and his wife drove home to Missouri. No secret service. No, No, he just drove home and this was the guy.
Speaker 5: That hit it with toy penchims.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Codered consider him a pretty good president, that's for sure. Yeah, Habit dash or Missouri. Thank you, Bail, appreciate your calling. I talked too soon. Next up, Bill is down in Pennsylvania. Bill.
Speaker 9: Your thoughts here, Well, Dan, I think that first of all, they should have done they should have done something in two thousand and nine when the people were in the streets and in Iran and there was an opportunity to do uh do something there, of course.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: Finally, Uh. You know one thing about a good leader. A good leader is decisive and and not wishy washy, and that's exactly what we got Trump like when he took out solo money. But I think I got an idea that within two weeks, okay, that after two weeks of relentless bombing okay by Israel. And also I think they have more uh more commandos in there. I think after two weeks they just getting the crap beat out of them. I think it might bring him, I might bring him to the to the uh the negotiation table.
Speaker 2: I think that's what Trump is is counting on and you know it's funny. I should say it's interesting that on the tariffs, Trump has extended things. On TikTok, he's just he's extended now the TikTok purchase another ninety days. He doesn't hesitate to extend things. So it's conceivable that two weeks could pass and he might give it another two weeks. I don't know. It's a decision, by acting or not acting, he makes a decision. That's that's the that's the truth here.
Speaker 9: On one other things, Dan, I think if we have to go, if they have to use the B two s in the monk or Buster, I think that's going to be followed up immediately by Israeli commandos at at the at the site, and they're going to go in and make sure that it is completely leveled. I think that they're going to be able to do that with maybe a force of maybe maybe fifty to one hundred commandos. Israeli commandos, you.
Speaker 2: Think, I think you need a much bigger force than that. That that has to be a I'm no military expert, but that has to be a really fortified location when you think about.
Speaker 9: It, I think that's I think that's part of the d we'll see.
Speaker 2: You might be right. You might be right, and I and I appreciate that that insight puil of rather bill. We'll have to we'll have to see how it transpires. Appreciate your call is always. I'm a little tight on time, so we're going to let you go, but we will thank you very much. It's so far. There's my audience. There's not a big appetite for this. Okay, I'm a little surprised, but I'm just looking to know what you think. That's all I'm thinking. That's all I care. I really don't care what I you know, your opinion is your opinion. This is a big one. This is a big one, and the president has to get it right. Uh. They were things that George Bush got very wrong. Uh, and I think Donald Trump wants to, well, look, it's in his own interest to get this right