Speaker 1: You'll be away five seventeen. Do you want to report a UFO hanging in? We don't want to report every thirty one. Do you wish to report a UFO over hey, we want to one of those areas thirty one. Do you wish to find a report of any kind of it?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know what kind of reports clouds.
Speaker 1: Time areas thirty one?
Speaker 3: Me neither there.
Speaker 4: See if it was anybody a U above us to pass us, like thirty seconds ago, we.
Speaker 3: Were sending one of golf negative, okay, OFFI the UFO. Yeah, it's murder two nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll just passed over God.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it was, but it's from at least to three thousand feet above us.
Speaker 2: See, I passed out over the top of US.
Speaker 5: Ninety one one.
Speaker 1: Guy, you just called both to me before they're after staying.
Speaker 6: The airplanes.
Speaker 2: Here to God on an unidentify object every liberty four call or calm on an unidentified flying object.
Speaker 7: A Welcome to UFO Chronicles a place where people share their experiences of the strange and unexplained. If you've had an encounter, I would like to be on the show. You can email me at UFO Chronicles at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, and welcome to this show. I hope you've all had an enjoyable week. I'm Nick Hunter and this is the UFO Chronicles podcast. Tonight's guest is a calling from Midlovian in Scotland. In nineteen seventy eight, a group of childhood friends Anne, Pamela, Mary and two others experienced a traumatic encounter during a walk along an old railway line in Newton Grange. They described encountering a free foot talk creature with bright yellow eyes, greenish marine skin, and no visible mouth. The creature communicated telepathically advising them not to be afraid. Following this, the friends blacktout and later found themselves in a field nearby, with no memory of how they got there. Pamela and Mary have been kind enough to send their voice submission of their experience, which is also included in this episode and is up next.
Speaker 4: But first, if you enjoy the show and you would like to help support the podcast on Patreon, you can do this for as little as one dollar a month. Head on over to patreon dot com forward slash UFO Chronicles podcast. You can also find a link in the description of this episode. Any help is very much appreciate. Now on with the show.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to the podcast. Hello, it is great to have you join us today. And you're calling from Scotland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm phoning from Scotland, just outside Edinburgh, a small place called Middle of Theian.
Speaker 3: Middle of and wonderful stuff. Everyone knows Edinburgh. Yeah, Now, you and your friends had an experience back in the late nineteen seventies. Would you like to start at the beginning please, ma'am.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will do well. My name's Ann and I loved in a place called Suttersley, which was a very small place at the time, around fifty four house season total that were prefab houses at the time before they got done up. Now, Curtis Lee is in between Mayfield and Newton Grange, but it's classed as Nooton Grange. So there was five of us on the day. It was around nineteen seventy eight and we all lived and were brought up in Sutis Lee. So there was myself, my sister Mary, Pamela and one of the other neighborhood kids that was there. It was a normal day and we took my dog Tanya a walk, which was a normal occurrence for us, So we always walked her down at an old dish used railway line which sat at the bottom of Sutus Lee. So we went or down one way and we were just walking along. It was day light because I was aged eight at the time. We were all aged between eight ten year old. We're not allowed do it at nighttime. So we're walking Tanya. Everything seemed absolutely normal until awly of a sudden, it was far phenomal. Tanya, who was a beautiful, beautiful, really quiet dog, very placid, she started going crazy, wildly barking, which was completely out of character. We'd never heard her do that, so she started doing that. We looked up at this tree and looking back at us was a site that I will never ever forget. I've never forgotten it since there was a being that was a estimate round about three foot tall. It was sitting on a branch in the tree. Now, it had a really skinny body, really skinny legs, a bigger head, but it's the eyes, the eyes I'll never ever forget. It had huge, bright yellow and I mean bright yellow, glowing yellow eyes. It also had pointed ears, which sounds bizarre, but it had pointed ears like at the side of its head pointed sort of no straight up but backwards, but large pointed ears. I was frozen in fear. I know, we were all completely frozen in fear. It's seeing this. We knew it wasn't human, it was the animal, nothing at like that. So we're standing there frozen and could not take my gaze away from those eyes. Now. I don't know if it hypnotized us or what it was that could they look away through those eyes. And then we all heard the message that it gave. Now, I don't remember its mouth moving, so whether it was a telepathic message, I don't know, but we all heard the exact same thing, and it was what I can only describe now as an adult because we had never heard anything like it back then in the seventies, as a very synthesized vibraton tone, and its words were, do not be afraid. I will not harm you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: My next memory after hearing those words was standing two fields away from the railway track, no recollection running, and none of the other girls did that. We're standing two fields away, and I remember us all even as kids, making a pact that we must never speak about what we've seen would never tell anybody, and we were never even to discuss it between each other, which as an adult thinking back now, how did we even know to make that pact? Is bizarre and memory now as an adult, and I think about this a lot is from Tanya going crazy barking to us seeing those eyes. I cannot remember hearing Tanya back at that point. I don't know what happened with her going crazy, but there's name memory hearing Tanya going crazy once we've seen that being so that was round nineteen seventy eight. Now, none of us ever did talk about it, even amongst each other. It was mentioned again. We just remember we just went home now about twenty twenty. I mean, I've never ever forgotten. A couple of years after that encounter, I started getting night terrors. Now I've been having the exact same night terror ever since, and I'll explain to you how it goes, because it's always the exact same one that's rendered me. I'm terrified to sleep, even sleeping tablets, Dinny knock me out. I'm terrified. But in the night terror, I am in a room and I'm screaming for help, gone round the walls, touching frantically trying to feel feel around myself, and I'm screaming, please please help me. There's no windows, there's hold on. I'm sorry, screaming for help. There's no windows, there's no doors, and I kind of get out. Now this has been the exact same night terror for me that's happened through the last forty six years since that event happened. Now, about twenty years ago, I was at my sister's house, who was living down the Border's Way, and we were standing outside near our horses with the blue She just said to me this day and do you remember what happened that day? And I knew exactly what she was going to say, did you remember what happened that day doing the tissues railway line? And I instantly said, I I'll never forget. I've never forgotten. And she had never forgotten. And she said to me, what was that thing that happened that was real? And I said, I it was and she said, I've never ever forgotten those eyes or the why it sounded that says neither of a And it was a very short conversation. We we're being still quite frightened. That's the first that I'd ever been mentioned since that day, and even when I was driving home after having that short conversation, I was a bit worried. I was thinking, we've spoken about that, and we were never to speak about that. So that was that. And then I was I've started back then in the seventies, we never even heard aliens. It just was never thing, was nothing at all. So I started thinking this, you see things on Facebook and not add rest it about a little alien stuff and always have and it is the right shaped eyes, but everything I see it's the big black eyes and gray people. Now what we've seen didn't have black eyes. The ice shape was right. The eyes are glowing yellow ney pew pil nay, whiteness, just pure yellow is what the eyes are. So I'd started to trying to have a look as anybody else ever seen the yelly eyes like what we witnessed that day. And the closest thing ever sort of found and it's a it's sort of close, but no exactly was. I found a thing called the Kelly Hopkins bill Encounter, that's what it was called. It's an American thing at a farmhouse in America somewhere, I believe in the fifties that a group of people that were there had witnessed these creatures with the glowing yelly eyes, and they'd done sketches what they had seen, but in their sketches the eyes were sort of round and further apart in the head, and that's not what we've seen. So it was just the glowing yelly was really the same sort of similarity and the sort of size up this thing. So we've been looking at that now. We all drifted apart as kids very very quickly. And although Mary was my next door neighbor, Pamela lived at the top of the road. I hadn't seen or spoke to Pamela in forty six years. I had seen Mary Faw time to time, but we never ever spoke about what happened that day. I did try and approach it where a couple of times and a kent she wasn't ready to talk about it. So I eventually I'd put things on Facebook about the experience that had happened, and Pamela got in touch with me and said I was there. She was there, so she was ready to talk and we had a few conversations, me Mary and Pamela. Because my sister and me are estranged. Now I've not spoken to my sister in about fifteen years. And the other kid that was there, I'm going to get a name because they've no consented to a bit. Pamela hus and Mary has consented to me using their names. So we eventually decided to get together. I'd ask the girls, can we please get together so as we can all discuss what each of us can remember that day, I says, because I'm sure you you might remember things I can remember and likewise, so it's take quite a lot of plan. And then just about a month a month month and a half ago, way three of us did meet up at the location at the side of the Issues railway line. Now, even as we were going there, I had done an easy feeling. I know Pamela had done an easy feeling, as did Mary. Pamela said she was walking down the road towards it and she was looking at the cars and she was just thinking, please, don't any of these cars come off and kill me before I get there. That's how much we were terrified to talk about it. So we met up and see there hellos and everything. Like I say, I hadn't even seen Pamela in forty six years. So it was nice to see you. And we started talking about what we remembered.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I had said about the eyes, and they all remember the glowing yelly eyes. They remember the ears. Now. I could never remember what color its body was that Mary and Pamela or one of them remembered. It was a greenish brownish color a body. It was very, very skinny. And Mary said that she can remember it was sort of clinging, clinging onto the branch, if that makes any sense. It was sort of clinging, she said. She remembered so as we were talking, and then Ad said, as soon as we'd heard that message, I says, I remember us standing two fields up and they BAF looked to each other and said, no, that's nowhere we were standing, they said, and they were. The BAEF said it was a completely different location that they ended up. They said, we were over there. Now, I've got absolutely no memory whatsoever he been at this first location. And then they said, Mary said, after them at the first location, and no, Kennan how they got there. Mary said, then they were at the second location, which is a location that as far as I'm aware, that's the only location that I ended up. But they said that was the second location that ended up, but they don't know how they got there, and that's when they made the pact to never ever talk about what had happened that day. Now, from the seventy eight I've looked back at pictures of me as a younger kid, and I had like neymark or anything on my forehead. But since then, I have got a lump and it's dead center in my forehead. And it happened after that encounter. Now, I don't know if there is something in there, but I believe there is. I've always believed there is something something there. Now after speaking to the girls, like I say, just a month ago, I remember all these years that that's passed, and with the night terrors that I've never wanted to believe what I now believe after they're talking to the girls. I've always put it down to is that my brain's way trying to cope with what happened to us that day, or was it something else? And then since speaking to the girls and named Beef saying no that it was a completely different location before the location that I can remember being, I am one hundred percent convinced that it took us. Now and I also believe that my night terrors are actual memories off where it took us. I think it's it's memories. Nay, wind, these need doors, screaming, pushing around this wall type thing, and I just can'd of get out. And that's what I truly believe that we were taking. For what reason, I don't know, because we were just kids, and we have spoke about, well, why did it Why did it pick up us to see it? Because obviously did pick us to see it, and Pamela had said maybe because we were kids, and because if we did ever tell then they would believe us, which is a possibility. I mean, I just I don't know, but it definitely happened. And people have said since then, oh, was it an owl that you've seen in the tree? What we've seen in that tree was not an owl, It was not an animal. It was not anybody dressed up or anything like that. That was a being, not of this world that we encountered. Now, that was a face to face with communication, and none of us have ever forgotten that, and we never ever will. So that was basically that's that whole encounter, the yellow eide being what it looked like. And I can only tell you what it looks like through the icey how I was when I was about eight year old. It looked like a terrifying elf like creature. That is what it looked like. But it's skinny body and the big head and the huge eyes. That's what it looked like to me. I've had another a few things happen over the years since then, but nothing on that sort of scale. Well, it might be connected, it might know. But I remember I was about twenty three twenty four, and I was in a flat and Mayfield and my first daughter was just a baby at the time. Now my mom had given me a double bed. Now, my dad had dropped dead a day after match about first birthday. And oh, really sorry to say it, but I'd washed Stumpy to drop dead. I'd say that many times, saying that that's why I did that. My dad had broke dead the after my twenty first and when the ambulance people came, the lady's dead body on that bed, which is the bed that my mum gave to me when I was twenty three and starting looting this flat. Now, I remember this night, I'd just got to bed and I wasn't sleeping I'd only just got into bed, lay down, and I felt an immense weight on my chest that I couldn't move. Now, there is a word for it, but I can't remember what the word does. But it was a real weight on my chest. I couldn't move at all. And then I could see a mist right over the top of me. And that lasted for probably a few minutes. I was frightened, but no terrified at that And I got up after I was able to get up, and I phoned my mum and I says, Mom, this has just happened, and she says ken, I says, I think it might have been Dad. I said it was a missed but I think it was Dad, and she said, Donny worry, it's all right. So it's right right, okay. And then years after that was about forty I'd been married and then a horrible, horrible, abusive relationship. Now I'd been given Remy Mac and toss clock, but it was a replica. It wasn't it the real deal. Been given that as a wedding present. Now it Hudney worked for years, in years, and then eventually I got out to that relationship through horrible, horrible circumstances. And I looked at this clock that hadney worked in years, and it was ticking. It was ticking, and it was at the exact time that it was meant to be at. I thought, that's really really weird. How's that? And I took the clock off the wall and it didn't even have a battery. And and that is a that it's time to start living again. So that I wasn't frightened to that either. I've also had a few things in the house where I'm in now, like mirrors falling where they should have smashed and onely smashed and in completely different places, pictures flying off the wall, and like in dent and into another part of the wall that my girls were frightened at that obviously because that was in their room. That just says them, can look it's all right. And I just spoke out, I said, looking, me and anybody any harm, just leave us a lane. So that was that was that kind of any of this is connected or no, but my body temperature. Now I'm going back decades since I was started being like in relationships where guys that I was used to say to me, we can't sleep beside, you can't you sleep beside you because you boil hope, like you can't even touch you boil hop And I'm not talking menopause. I mean, I'm now nearly fifty five. I'm going back to when they first starting day and you're getting your your first boyfriends, tying or alos or whatever. And I've heard that way quite a few people, including the guy that was married to can why you used to boil and hopefully that you just can't need to lie next to you you're boiling. And whether that's going it in today they encounter that day, I don't know. Now I'll go back to the encounter. So after the girls and I had spoken and we'd spoken at length, we'd all say, kin, if anybody wants to give us why detectors, we would be willing to day lie detectors or us because we can for a fact we would pass it. But we've never heard anybody like take us seriously enough to even say kind of like, oh, let's go and have a look at this place. Let us go and see this tree. And in the ken of technology there is nowadays, if somebody was to go to that tree with some sort of PC equipment, if they could work anything that what had been there or I don't know, but like neb, these wanted to take us seriously. And I see everybody going crazy about Oh, I've seen UFOs, and I've seen quite a few strange things in the sky as well. That Cannie obviously explain things going really fast again in her UFOs. But they didn't frighten me either. Nothing has frightened me in the way that that encounter frightened not only me, but the five years that were there. And I'll go and I'll tell you about just a few weeks ago, I was talking to my cousin Paula. Now Paula is the straight laced, down the earth woman that you would ever meet, a lovely, lovely person, but she doesn't suffer fools, so she'd never ever And she's known about the encounter and known about everything for a while because I've telled her. She's never ever said I believe you or I didn't I believe you. So this day, just a few weeks ago, we were down at the woods and we were just talking about things, and I'd said to her, kin, unless you or anybody actually experiences something for their self, they will never ever truly know. People can say, oh, I believe yeah or whatever, but unless they've witnessed for their self, then the cannie truly one hundred percent no. So we're talking about that. And said that to Paula. Now it was a few minutes. I think might have been a bit longer. After that, she looked at me and she said, did you hear that? And I went, no, here, what? And she says, somebody's just spoke to me. So I've looked behind me. The do need to be there? She says, somebody's just spoke to me, and right in my ear. I said, if you pushed your phone or something? Looking for an excuse for her, so she goes She's like nah. Then she says, is it your phone? I says, I've not even got my phone. Women, my phone's in the car. I didn't he take it with me? I says, what did you hear? And she says it sounded like like an astronaut where it's helmet with the helmet down. That's sort that's strangeness. And she sent me a recording a like an astronaut afterwards, the sort of how it sounded, she said, but like like an astronaut with a helmet down. She says, and I don't know what it meant. She says, but letters and symbols says that, no, I don't know what it means. But she's got a bit of a fright. And I says, Paula, I think you've had a message, and she says, hi, I And she now knows that what happened to me, my sister and my friends actually really really did happen because she'd experienced that thing just a few weeks ago. So that was that way with Paula.
Speaker 3: Thank you for sharing it and did great.
Speaker 5: I hope I've not missed anything that I broke, like re notes. But when I start talking, it's like when I'm talking to anybody about it. I kind of jumped for this to that the only way I can talk about it, as I seem to be this. And then I'll speak about this and I can't tell people it doesn't make any sense because I do intend to jump.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's fine. We all do it, you know, And this show has been going quite a while, and one thing we do on the show is take people seriously. Our listeners are very open minded, and most are searching for answers themselves to own personal experiences, so you're in safe hands here. Obviously this encounter was traumatizing, you know, even after all these years. Yeap when you were saying about the ever encounter at Kelly Hopkinsville, because I actually had on one of the girls at the time. Really, yeah, I had her on. It was Geredine back in it's four years ago. Yeah, and she was one of the children in that farmhouse. At that farmhouse.
Speaker 5: Yeah wow. And how is she now? Obviously never left her all bit.
Speaker 3: She still talks about it, and she goes to some of the conferences. She's still quite active.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was an interesting way, and you reckon that's what it looked like, the little being like.
Speaker 5: Well, the drawings that are seen are the ones the Keller Hopkins fill one. The eyes were completely different because the drawn that they'd done, it's like round eyes and further like apart on the head and the ears were like a floppy mess and there things to what we seen. It was a big head. It wasn't there a round head. It was like a big head. The eyes, like I say, were glowing bright yellow, full yellow the other color and the pupil nay nothing, but they were the alien shape. But no black, like what all these other people seem to say, Oh, and a gray alien with big black eyes, And I think are a lot of youse jumping on the bandwagon you're saying the same thing, because I can for a fact that the eyes are glowing yellow. They're no black unless they're obviously. Now there's loads of different kinds of aliens. I don't know, but the one that the reason that Kelly Hopkins fill caught my attention was because it did have the yellow eyes like they're encounter heard the yellow eyes, but I think they said that the other rimmy silver or something on their one, but our one definitely no. It was fully glowing, the brightest jelly you can ever imagine. That's what the eyes were. But the alien shape, the big alien shape, fully bright, bright yellow. And the ears were different for the Kelly Hopkins will one because there's looked so spiky and a bit floppy, whereas that one that we've seen it was mere spiky at the at the side of the head, but gone backwards, if you know what I mean, the pointed ears. And like I said, the Mary and Pamela, I member, it was a greeny brown colored body, but it was a really skinny, skinny body.
Speaker 3: Skinny body, and about three foot tall. You reckon and when you last visited the location? Now, you know we were talking about this is the before we went on there. It's nineteen seventy eight. You know, things are a lot different now. Oh, that was was all fields. The tree that was hanging off. Is that tree still there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that tree is still there. That tree, I mean it's bigger now, but that she is still there. Well, I mean it was on the branch. But it was Mary who said that it was like it was sort of clinging to the branch, which would make sense because it didn't they have from a recollection. There's no point in saying, oh, I hard fingers. I don't remember it having fingers. I don't remember what its feet were like. I just remember seeing this thing and being frozen in very in terror. If what we were seeing and the eyes, I think as soon as we've seen the eyes, it hurt us. It hurt us. There was nay escape, couldn't look away.
Speaker 6: Do you have an interest in the par of normal?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 6: You'll love the unex network dot com. The ex is your streaming audio and video for everything supernatural, strange, and mysterious like UFOs, Bigfoot, Ghost and so much more from host like Clyde Lewis Whitley, streamer Michah Haiks, and Christina Gomez. Visit the unexnetwork dot com show page for a complete list of all the para normal programs you'll find on the X. Be sure to follow us on Twitter for updates at KYU n x dB, follow our Facebook group ONEX network, by the podcast on Spotify, iHeart Audible and Apple podcast.
Speaker 5: It's time, it's new. It's the x x X.
Speaker 3: So you're walking down the track towards the bridge now. I will put a map of the location on the website so people can click go and check it out. Like I said, it has all changed. There's a lot more houses and it's it's less fields now, so it has changed a little bit. So you and your friends Mary and Palm and you walk in.
Speaker 5: Tanya and my sister was here as well. There was five years five.
Speaker 3: Of you, okay, and who was the first one to see this? See the bing in the tree?
Speaker 5: I think we've all seen it at the same time because the tan you're going crazy, we've all looked at the same time. To my knowledge, we've all looked at the same time, and it's there. It is, like I say, it was the eyes that you can never runsee and then here and we'd never heard anything like how that sounded. And then obviously a years ago went on. I've been able to liken it to. It sounded like a right synthesized vibrating tone, really vibrating tone. And that's what we all heard at the same time. And as soon as we heard that bomb, to my I'm standing two fields away. And then the girls are saying to me, obviously if we met up, No, she says, we were way over the other side. We were there, and then Mary said, And then we were there, she says, and then the next second we were where hours where I remember being, she said. And I don't know how we got there. Nania's remember running. Nania's ken. What happened as soon as we heard that voice, whether it be a telepathic message, ad any ken, but as soon as we heard that that was at my very next memory as standing two fields away, and their memory was standing completely other direction, two fields away, and then being where I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I might get you to mark on the map those two locations you only remembered the last location. Yeah, does your friends remember the location that you mentioned?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they said that, they said we were in. I've still got since they said that, like the first location, I've got absolutely no recollection. He'd been in that location that that they said we were First they said, Mary said we were there, and Tamila said that we were there. And then the next second we were in the location where my memory is where I was standing, And that's when we made the pact too, that we must never tell anybody.
Speaker 3: So you're in that second location, you've made his pact. You're all scared. You all still shook up. How's Tanya is? Is Tanya still still reacting?
Speaker 5: No, Tanya isn't even wears. Tanya wasn't even wears. I've got no idea where Tanya went when she went, I mean she was back came when we go. Hey, but I've got no recollection. And I'd said to Mary and Pamela when when we met up, do you remember Tanya still barking? Is when we seen that thing, And many of them can remember Tanya barking as soon as we see the eyes. It was like silce but or remember how crazy, because I mean they grew up with the new Tanya. We walked her all the time. She was just nothing vicious about that dog ever ever, and her reaction is what made us look because we've never seen her like that ever. So adding the ken, what happened to Tanya in between us hearing her going crazy and looking and then seeing that thing and then it was like silence and near recollectiony hearing Tanya still going crazy? Or what happened if Tania aunt? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Was Tanya on the lee just free walking?
Speaker 5: Probably free walking because she was did know a dog that would run away or anything like that? She was She was a good Doug, really good Doug. That to my knowledge, she was free walking with us. So, but I can't be one hundred percent and say that she was on a leader. She wasn't. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, we used to have our dogs on these when we were kids. We just we just walk around them. All of you are in the second location, you've made this pact. Tanya is nowhere to be seen. Do you remember much about what happened after that? Do you remember the walk home? Did you live very far away from that location?
Speaker 5: No, we just lived a couple of minutes for that field, Like I say, it was, I lived on the edge such present. Mary lived next door, Pamela lived at the top of the street beside me. Extreme was my sister, and we were off certainly, and it was just a tiny, wee place. So to my knowledge, we just went home and maybe they said anything about it. It was that we knew we must never speak about it through theory, because I'd said that to Mary and Pamela. I was like, how did we ken like were one they ever speak about it? We all thought if we ever tell anybody, something terrible would happen to either us or the people that would tell. So we just never We never even spoke amongst each other ever, even me and my sister until, like I say, about twenty years ago, when I was at my sister's house in the country, we're horses. When she said to me, and I knew, and we had that very very short conversation about it. That was the very first time that had ever been mentioned.
Speaker 3: What was the age difference between you and your sister?
Speaker 5: Two years? Two years? She's my big sister, So.
Speaker 3: You were about eight years old and she was about ten.
Speaker 5: I was about eight or nine. She will have been ten eleven, I'm nearly fifty five, a couple of a few weeks away if we've been fifty five now, But we were also they ruined the boot the same age. Mary was I think a year a year older than me. So Mary was probably about nine. Pamela was about my age, maybe six months younger or something. But we're all about the same age, okay.
Speaker 3: And when you got home, it was still during the day, so parents hadn't missed you or anything like that. You ain't going night for out what I was saying that in those days we used to go out for hours on end, but we were never missed.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know, because I mean, my dad was a lorry driver, so he was in the hem a lot, and my mum used to work like a few different jobs, obviously to make Ken's meet. It was the same way Mary's mom Ken. I can't even remember if my mom and dad were in or if it was my brother that was in. I don't know. But can I say as well because I'd forgot to say about my sleep pattern since the night terrors started, So all the years ever since that first night terror, I'm awake every fifty minutes, every single fifty minutes throughout the night. And I've been like that for forty six years, and like I say, not even the doctors tried all sorts of different sleeping tablets and never because they ken about my sleep order, and it's like my brain's stronger than these whatever they try and give me to try and make me sleep, because when I awake, I'm instantly can you sleep?
Speaker 2: Can you sleep?
Speaker 5: Because I'm terrified going back into another night terror. And it's always been the exact same night terror, the exact same place wherever that place is, Ney doors, Ney Windys, screaming, please please help me, Candy get out. So I've kind of suffered since then, I've suffered.
Speaker 3: You said the night terrors. Is this something the doctor has said that's what it is? Night terrors? Or is that this is just a problematic nightmares.
Speaker 5: No, I'm sure the doctors said years and years ago it was a night terror. Because I was explaining I didn't say obviously about a trink. I tried to say to a doctor once and he just says, no, there's any such thing as aliens. I just completely dismissed. So I've said about the that night terror, that well terror. But it's so so real, and every time it happens, it's the exact same thing.
Speaker 3: It never changes. So it's usually about fifteen minutes from the time you get to bed and then wake.
Speaker 5: Up in no fifty minutes, Like if I go to bed at say ten o'clock, I've got no problem instantly shut in my eyes and kind of gone to sleep, and then about fifty minutes, forty five fifty minutes, I'm wide awake and out of the bed, wide awake. And I've been like that continuously through it the night for decades.
Speaker 3: How many periods would you say you would have in one night these dreams? Is it only just a one or a couple of times a night.
Speaker 5: No, it would be one a night. But it's no every night, it's no even every month, it's not even every year. It's very sporadic. But every night terror I've heard, and there has been a lot, quite a lot, I mean I've i it's always been the exact same the exact same thing that happens.
Speaker 3: And when was the last time you had one?
Speaker 5: I think it was probably seven eight months ago, seven eight months ago, because I can my daughters are all growing up now. But even through the times and that when they've been younger. I I've been walking about the bath whatever. What's the bruises? What's the bruises? Mom? How are you bruise there? My most recent one got square bruises on the inside of my arm. Bruise. I keep getting bruises that I can't explain and how they got there. I'm not saying it's any hand, but I get bruises where I've got the idea how I get these bruises and the places that they're in, no idea.
Speaker 3: Okay, And when you wake up, how do you feel?
Speaker 5: Just exhausted, terrified, sweating, I sweating, But they're just so real. It's like I'm actually in that place. It's hard to explain. When I'm in that night terror and I'm running around that room and I'm feeling and pushing my hands against the walls, pushing my hands and I'm trying to search for there's no door, there's no there's no windows, there's no doors. It's completely sealed. I can't of get out. I canna get out.
Speaker 1: That's what that is, what it is.
Speaker 3: So it's completely dark when you're in this this night mt it's completely dark. You can't see anything. You're just trying to feel around, trying to find a way.
Speaker 5: Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you have any other senses in there? Can you fear any temperature, any smells, anything like that.
Speaker 5: Now I'm just frantically pushing, pushing, like putting my hands over these walls, running round and try to feel and try to feel for something. There's nothing. There's there's nothing, there's no door, there's no windows, there's no way. I just I can't get out. There's no why you're getting out, And I'm screaming, please help me, please help me.
Speaker 3: Do you have any philbias?
Speaker 5: No, I mean the day if you mean like I'm a frightening day and close spaces or things like that, and I wouldn't say so.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes you're not claustrophobic or anything like that. No, Okay, Now you speak to your friends, it's still close, you still talk all a bit.
Speaker 5: Well, since we've started talking, me and Mary and Pamela, then I will I mean with their talk every day. And Mary and Pamela did want to be here today this podcast with Pamela's actually she's away in Cyprus at the moment, and I believe Mary's at work, because I had said, and they did want to kind of be part of it and like you ken what they could remember and everything. So I'd said, well, I'll still go ahead. But because Pamela was away, Mary was working, and I'd said that I would like you ken what they could remember for what they had told me that they remembered.
Speaker 8: Hi, my name's Mary. This is what happened to us. Five of us roughly back in nineteen seventy eight. We were aged about between eight and ten years old. We went for a walk with Anne's dog called Tanya. We were walking along the old disused railway bridge where we stayed. It's such a slaying newt and grange as we did this on many many occasions. We got to the bridge walking underneath it. Then Tanya started going nuts, barking and growling. She was always such a very placid dog. We looked up and we saw a figure in a tree. It had bright yellow piercing eyes, pointed airs. It was sort of a brownish in color. It spoke to us and it said, don't be afraid, I won't harm you. We were all frozen in fear. Then the next thing we remember is being in the industrial state about ten minutes walk of where we were. I don't remember running or walking to where we got to. Then the next thing I remember was being at the grass area next to where I stayed at the time. Again, no clue on how we got to where we were. After that, we made a pact never to speak about it again, and we never did. I'm now fifty five and only recently started speaking about it with Anne and Pamela, but it really stresses me out talking about I hope this helps.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 9: My name's Pamela, and here's my account of what happened. In the summer of nineteen seventy eight. I was eight going on nine at the time, and five of us went for a walk along the old railway bridge at such the noot And Grange with anstock Tanya. That was something that we've done pretty regular. Tanya this day started barking uncontrollably, which was very unusual for her because she's usually so placid. And when we looked up to see what Tanya was barking at, that's when we seen this non human being. It was sitting in a tree, just sitting there, and it was probably about three feet tall, A gray greenie in color with massive bright eyes. I'll never ever forget those eyes. It did reassure us it wasn't going to hurt us by saying, don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt yous. But we all stood there, frozen in fear. The next thing, we're all standing at sned and having absolutely no recollection and how we got there or even how we got back to Mary's. And on that day we stood and that's when we all made a pact to never to speak about it again, and which we never did until recently when we all kind of got connected again via Facebook. So myself and and Mary had met up with Edinburgh Live and there were a photographer there as well, and yeah, he got us to go back down to the area where the encounter happened. And I remember standing there. This was just about a month ago, and I remember standing there feeling like something was watching us. That we've just felt really really eerie. So I just wanted to add that wee bit in.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks the other ladies, have they mentioned anything that they've experienced after in relation to their own sleep?
Speaker 5: Now, dams Hud I did say that, I said that is any who's bothered sleep things in that and they said, no, I'm the only one.
Speaker 3: You're the only one that's troubled by it. Okay, yeah, sometimes it can be difficult to go back to these encounters. Have you ever tried to draw or sketch anything down?
Speaker 5: I did. I have tried and a rubbish straw, and it just looks like a five year old. Like a five year old. I sort of drew a tree with a sort of standing at the bottom, and the thing they just like a sort of stick man with the big eyes sitting on the branch. I'm just a niggard artworking Pamela's neggar, the art working in the areas either that's just like me.
Speaker 3: Then I'll tell you what, Just do the best you can right when you get a chance, just to just try and get something down, just so we kind of get the idea of how it was actually in the tree, and then just a separate one of the being. If you're able to well, I will try.
Speaker 5: I'll attempt to draw a tree and I'll attempt to draw the being, but I kind of I'll know it just us, because.
Speaker 3: Hey, I guarantee it would be better than my tree.
Speaker 5: Back then there was still you could still see the sleeppers Ken, the slippers, the railways sleepers, the Betsy Wood ken like. You could still used to walk over them. They were still visible at the time, the old sleepers. So i'll I'll draw a couple of them in as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, right now, to our listeners. I came across Ann's account because it was actually a listener that sent me a link to an article. Now your account did make it into the Edinburgh Live. Yeah, now I feel we got to talk about this because and wasn't happy about the article. And it's something which is very common when it's online. That's say, newspapers when they get hold of accounts like this, they tend to twist it a little bit and change things around. And most of the time they usually don't have much experience in this type of thing. They usually cover whatever's happening locally, so sometimes the account doesn't always come out the way you wish.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: He had contacted me through a page called UFOs in Scotland and I had written about our experience and he'd contacted me and asked if I would speak to him and the girls would speak to him, and he assured does oh, it was it was going to be done seriously, sympathetically or the rest of the app and then the way it was done, oh my god, all the kind of the comments were just horrific, absolutely horrific. He made us look like laughing stocks. And he was right things that we hardly said, and it just it made us look like laughing stocks. None of us were happy. Bit and we're getting in touch film seeing take it doing, Take It doing now and you're just like Canni. A Cannie made us like bloody feels. So there you go with that with that experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, to our listeners, if you are contacted by any reporters, now, there are some good reporters out there, so this isn't all of them, but if you do get asked, whether it's on Facebook or any other form of social media after sharing your account, be aware that the finished article may not always be what you have relayed. Always, just just be aware of that. And An isn't the first guest I've had on here which you've found a bad experience with a journalist. First of all, Yeah, just be aware. Obviously, coming on this show is better for people because you can it's all in your own words, so everything that comes out is in your own words, and I don't change anything on the show.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've just want to see thank you, thank you for getting in touch for me and letting me speak in my inwards about our encounter. So I'm thankful. I'm thankful for that, and I just wanted to get our encounter there for people that's interested to hear about before my time's But you.
Speaker 3: Know, and people that come on this show, and I always say, it doesn't make a difference matter how historic people's accounts are, because I've had accounts that go back to the fifties on here. Yeah, some of the guests I've had on here the first time they've really said they're encounters to people, and some of them have been in their seventies late seventies, and it's the first time they're telling anyone. Can be liberating. And also you're sharing it with people and you might find someone else out there that might have had the same experience. I might have seen the same thing, even in the in the even in the same area outside of Edinburgh. We may get someone which is seen something that happened, experienced the same so you never know it has happened. Mine without had people contact that been in the same locations and or have seen the same thing years and years later. It does happen. But also you've had a traumatic experience you're a child, Yeah, something happened.
Speaker 5: That was most definitely a face to face with whatever that communication was, where a being that is not from this planet. And I don't know why it picked us. I don't know why it picked us.
Speaker 3: Well, how do you feel about it now? You know, after all these years, is it still something that you know, you you really want answers to or is it something that you just kind of need to be done with?
Speaker 5: And well, we will never get the answers for it. I mean, it picked us for a reason. I don't know what the reason is. I'll never know what the reason is. But it picked us. It wanted us to see it for whatever reason. I don't know. I get A few years ago, I went with my friend Donna for a regression. It was sure it was through Bathketway and it just didn't work. That just that whether the room wasn't very good, I don't know, but I wanted to I was frightened, I thought, but I wanted to see Ken. Where did it take us? Ken? Why what did have some sort of answers, but not the regression did not work.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay. I mean there's been people which have tried, and sometimes the hitting the therapists either aren't very good. I mean, there's a lot of good ones out there, or sometimes it's you yourself and you don't want to go there. You don't want that, so sometimes it just can completely shut you out. But in a lot of cases we never really get the answers. We can kind of piece things together a little bit. I mean, you know in your own art that what you saw, how she wouldn't how she wouldn't be around. Well, well, I hope from now on were able to have some peace at night, and I hope these nightmares do subside eventually for you.
Speaker 5: I hope so. But no, we live in hope. But what all is like I say, I've I'll be like this for the rest of my life un till I do die that I just think I will. I'll always be terrified to try and sleep because of a sleep, it could go into a night terror and then I'm back in that place and it's just too horrific. I think that's what the problem is.
Speaker 3: Do you find that when you are thinking about this sharing it, does it still bring forth those emotions?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, the emotions fear, the emotions they seeing that thing, seeing the eyes, hearing that very strange way how I want to say, spoke, but I even remember about how the moof of its move was moving but hearing they were very very strangely all heard it just bizarre. Just never heard anything like that ever ever, anything.
Speaker 3: Like that again, a strange voice. Okay, and I appreciate you coming on sharing that for our listeners, No problem, that wonderful stuff and keeping contact down okay. Anytime even want to chat about this stuff and you can't chatter announce, feel free drop me a line, all right, Yeah, it's fine, that's always welcome on. All right, okay, take care of yourself and and we will speak.
Speaker 5: Soon you too, next. Thank you, vera march no problem bye for now, right bye bye.
Speaker 3: Well that's all for this week. Keep updated and connected with the show on x Facebook and Instagram. And if you have an encounter that you'd like to share on the podcast, you can email me at UFO Chronicles at gmail dot com, or you can reach out to me via the contact page on my website UFO Chronicles podcast dot com. A big fank you to Anne, Pamela and Mary for sharing tonight, and as always, thank you all for listening. I will be back next week. Till then, stay safe and keep watching the skies. Goodbye, b