Speaker 1: The LA Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap, but.
Speaker 1: The post game coverage is just getting started.
Speaker 3: The successes the failure, let's discuss.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers locker Road breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers. Here's Adam oss.
Speaker 3: Led Clippers come through in the second half and take down a depleted Dallas Mavericks team one eighteen to ninety five in Dallas. Welcome into your postgame show. I'm Adam Osland. Coming up. We'll get the second half highlights, your post game box score, and more. But first let's pause ten seconds for station identification. Here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio network, this.
Speaker 1: Is LA Clippers Basketball AM five to seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven, KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio stations.
Speaker 3: Get back out to American Airlines Center with your radio voice of the Clippers in Carlo Jimenez. Or whether on the floor or off the floor, Chris Done finds a way to affect a basketball game. Was playing great out there, was making those impactful plays, but then was ejected after pushing a Dallas Mavericks player in the throat and then the Clippers were stepping on the throat the Dallas Mavericks basically the rest of the way there, Carlo. They ran away with this one.
Speaker 4: They did. I mean, the Clippers did a great job scouting in this ball game. Big shout out to Dan Fitzpatrick, who's the head of the Clippers' video crew, who kind of puts together the scouts for this team and the video that they want to look at. And they did a great job of being able to understand where Dallas's weaknesses were. And it was avitza zubats on Derek Lively and that's what the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Continue to fit all night long.
Speaker 4: They were able to get him open, go to work, finish with the right or left hand. I also got to give a shout out at him. We got some big time listeners. Fitzdans or Fitz as everyone calls them. Parents Mary Pat Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzpatrick are huge fans of clipperstock. They were at the game today and Fitz celebrated his day yesterday.
Speaker 3: So shout out to the Fitzpatrick.
Speaker 4: Family, big time Clippers talk listeners, big time win with them in the building, and a great start to this roach it for.
Speaker 3: The Clips Clippers faithful representing out there in Dallas. I hope they're at the game on Saturday as well, because I don't know. I know Kawhi Leonard traveled with the team. Did the Wall also travel Because the Dallas Mavericks went twenty up twenty eight from the free throw line. You talked about it early on there, Carlo, but you identified it. They were missing free throws early. Even though they were getting there, they were not making the most of their opportunities. That really hurt them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think at one point, Adam, the Clippers were nine for nine from the line, and then Dallas Mavericks also made nine free throws, but on fourteen attempts. I think the tyler will definitely mention postgame that the Clippers needed to play defense without fouling. I think they did a much better job in that second half. You mentioned eleven first quarter free throws, but then they only give up seventeen the rest of the way. You'll take that a few of the Clippers. You did a better job as the game progressed. I thought they were able to take advantage of the eagerness of Dallas on the other end, get downhill, get to the rim and finish of the line. The Clippers only missed one free throw tonight, Adam sixteen for seventeen. Remember this was a team that struggled to shoot free throws to start the year, and we all kind of looked at each other like, this is a this is a top ten free throw shooting team last year.
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 4: And they have slowly made that climb back now above twenty in the NBA in free throw percentage. I think it was great adjustment as the game went on for this Clipper team and we finally break the curse of the mush Adam.
Speaker 3: And how about the Big Three? Oh Sebastian the mush Sebastian Swinsteiger saying the Clippers were going to win this game, and this time he was right. I don't know if he knew Kyrie and Luca were going to be out, but they won an impressive fashion. In the second half, they handled their business. The Big Three were fantastic. Big Zoo twenty one and fifteen, James Harden twenty four, seven assists, six to fourteen, shooting ten of ten at the free throw line. As you mentioned early on, Carlo Clippers undefeated when he gets up ten free throws. Norman how with twenty nine points and a lot of big timely buckets from Norm, But how about a mere coffee in that third quarter when the Clippers were going on that ten to zero run. A mirror was special tonight in the second half he was.
Speaker 4: I mean his ability to get out and transition, to get ahead of the pack and to finish with the tough layups in the lane. I think what was so impressive with the mere coffee at him is he did it on both ends. I mean defensively, he was great for this Clipper team today, gave them the spark they needed. Finished with a couple of deflections. He had three rebounds and was seven to ten from the field. So efficient for this Clipper team. The Clippers last year at times had they played so slow because they had so many great isolation scores, but sometimes they didn't get those leak out opportunities. Tyler says, Look, we want to play faster, and what playing faster means is if if we rebound, run and if somebody's opened on a swing, find them a mere coffee. As this team is trying to play faster, has been the greatest beneficiary of them playing faster over twenty five percent of his points this year. Adam aren't in fast break opportunities. He's been able to get in front of the pack. One of the best in one finishers in the NBA. Last year he was top five and continues to show he can finish through contact and press this stuff from mere coffee. Like you said, I thought he gave them the punch to jump start that run there in the.
Speaker 3: Third and the Clippers with some great outlet passes. Norman Palell had a couple of them in this ball game. This was game one of two in Dallas. They'll run it back on Saturday night against the Mavericks from American Airlines Center. Tip Off is at five thirty. We'll have your pregame show right back here at four point thirty. Carlo Jimenez. Great call. Safe travels back to the hotel and during your birthday week, another hearty happy birthday to Carlo Jimenez. Hit him up chat, come on Adam's family, let him know you appreciate Carlow. He even mentioned the mush today post game.
Speaker 4: Big shout out by the way to Katie Newton to find a finale for one of the best producers ever in Katie Newton, who keeps us on our p's and q's. Thank you, Katie, we will miss you and we can't wait to see you at a Clipper game. Behind the scenes, guys, Clippers shock doesn't happen postgame or pre game without Katie Newton, big shadow, Katie.
Speaker 3: We will be missing Katie Newton in the future. Here we'll be celebrating her time here with Clippers talking. I think she's celebrating a Chargers victory. I don't know. She ran out of the room screaming or something like that earlier. So a very good night for Katie Newton, A good night for your Los Angeles Clippers as they win one eighteen to ninety five in Dallas over the Mavericks. Carling, my friend. Talk to you on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Talk to you again on Saturday, Adam.
Speaker 3: Let's go coming up next second half action Clippers with Gabe one in Dallas, what eighteen to ninety five? I'm Adam oslind and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: He throws it up.
Speaker 5: The window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the La Clippers. LA Clippers take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 3: Clippers win one, eighteen to ninety five in Dallas, the Mavericks, Welcome back in I'm out of Mosland. This is your post game show coming up. We'll have clipperstock for you on AM five to seventy LA Sports eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy before there was Clippers Talk on the YouTube side. At Clippers Talk, it was always on AM five to seventy LA Sports trying to accommodate everyone. Now, let's talk about this Clippers ball club taking a fifty to forty nine lead into the first half just by the skin of their teeth getting by after they made a little bit of a run at the end of that second quarter, and then in the third quarter Norman Powell was getting.
Speaker 4: Buckets dunnded Norm right wing three string music Norman Pale from the right angle at a timeout, Jason Kidd and Dallas a seven oz Clipper run. Norm straight away looks for help double team, dribbles out of the white jersey double team and glides to the room with the left handed layup off the wind down in nineteen de lead everybody for Norman.
Speaker 3: Pal Norman Palell making things happens, so is a mere coffee. In that third quarter, Clippers went on a ten to zero run. The only guy that couldn't stop was Spencer Dinwiddie, who was getting to the basket, getting downhill and drawing fouls. He drew one with point three seconds left in the third quarter, but the Clippers led by twelve heading into the final twelve minutes and Big Zoo with force would put this ball game away.
Speaker 4: Zoo dribbles right hand muscles into the body of Lively right in it.
Speaker 3: Layup, gets hacked and puts it in.
Speaker 4: Derek Lively cannot guard of eats a Zoo botch, but tooom at the paint lives it up for Zoo.
Speaker 1: Right block pump thinks Lively over the top of him.
Speaker 4: Zoo finishes and he's hacked in the act with a chance for one more, Curls bounces it to Zo when the paint. What a fine writing layup from Zoo. How about twenty one tonight with a big man.
Speaker 3: Big Zoo finishing with those twenty one points and fifteen boards on ten of thirteen shooting just destroying Dereck Lively and Daniel Gafford, whoever they threw at him. Big Zoo was crushing when he was getting the opportunity. He was making Dallas and the Clippers would win the second half by twenty two points. They win one eighteen to ninety five over Dallas. Coming up next, your final box score right here on the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Throws it up.
Speaker 5: The window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio ap.
Speaker 3: No Luca, no Kyrie, no problems in the second half that the MAVs could pose against your Clippers. Clippers win one, eighteen to ninety five. They led by just one at the half. They finished this game win in one eighteen to ninety five by twenty three points in Dallas in game one of a two game mini series. They'll run it back on Saturday. Pregame at four thirty, your tip off at five thirty. Let's get to your postgame box score here. Derek Jones Junior return played twenty minutes, so probably his minutes limit. That's basically what Lob Murray guests on the pregame show here Earlier. Our Law also said that Kawhi Leonard, according to coach Lou no swelling, no setback going on. He talked to him pregame. Kawhi flying with the team, had his first five on five full contact practice, no swelling, no setback going on. Great news. Big Zoo thirty three minutes, ten of thirteen, twenty one and fifteen and five assists. The Clippers are undefeated when he gets four more assists in a ball game so far this season. James Harden big shots late twenty four points, six of fourteen, a huge three over Klay Thompson in the fourth quarter. Six turnovers, yes, but the Clippers only had thirteen as a team. Norman Powell twenty nine on ten of nineteen, shooting four of eight from distance, five of five from the free throw line. The Clippers went sixteen of seventeen to the charity stripe. The Dallas Mavericks twenty of twenty eight. They left a few freebies, left a few on the doorstep there. Dallas ends up shooting just thirty nine and a half percent from the field, seven of thirty from distance. The Clippers fifty two percent from the floor fourteen of thirty three from three, that is forty two percent, and they got sixteen points off the bench from a mere coffee a mere seven of ten from the field two to four from three was key at the end of that third quarter when the Clippers went on that ten to zero run and finally gained some real separation in this ballgame. And it all happened right after Chris Dunn got ejected for pushing Gordman in the throat as they were getting into it. Gortman got a tech as well, and they exchanged free throws, but Chris Dunn got the boot. Little fire under this Clippers team. Interested to hear some postgame audio, We'll have that for you from coach Lou and the players. After the Clippers win Game one of a two game mini series in Dallas one eighteen to ninety five over a Luka, Doncic and Kyrie less Luka, Doncic less, Luca less and Kyrie less Dallas Mavericks team. They win by twenty three. Tip off Saturday five thirty pregame show four thirty outside of Los Angeles. We are leaving you until then coming up next Here on a five seventy LA Sports, we got Clippers.
Speaker 1: Talk and with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended. Hoarding chudging. This has been Clippers Locker Road, a postgame look at today's g.
Speaker 3: Every game all season long.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us, for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 3: In you're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 3: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre.
Speaker 2: And postgame at follow Adam a adam Ousley, Big Defense in Big D Clippers hold Dallas are just ninety five points without Luka Doncis without Kyrie Irving clamp City traveled to American Airlines Centers, the Clippers would win one eighteen to ninety five over the Mavericks.
Speaker 3: Welcome in, I'm Madame Moslin. This is Clippers Stock. Eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number if you'd like to get on. We're worth you till nine pm Pacific time. Appreciate your chat. If you're watching at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side or listening on M five seventy LA Sports, we will be taking your calls tonight. It is Katie Newton's last night. As I turned the phone towards her for her last producing duties, I mean, the Chargers one for her tonight. The Clippers won for her tonight. She's wearing a Clippers hat and her last night producing Clippers Talk, producing this Clippers broadcast after another big victory. Clippers are sixteen and twelve, sixteen and twelve, twenty eight games in, they're sixty to twelve and they haven't had Kawhi Leonard for one game yet. How impressive is that, Clipper Nation? How proud are you of this team? How many times have I come on and said, damn it, I'm just proud of this team. I can't help but be effusive with my praise for this Clipper squad. They're so fun to root for. They grind. It feels like twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 3: It's that type of love affair and one of the new favorites and my favorite new Clipper. Chris Dunn got ejected in this ballgame and the Clippers had to overcome that. So while Dallas was without their two top players, we understand that the Clippers don't have Kawhi still, they haven't had kwhile year. They lose Chris Done. Derek Jones Junior is on a minute restriction, came back and gave him the kiss of death late with that three point shody hit and then give a little kiss the crowd. I said, it looked like the kiss of death from Sonya and moral Combat with her original fatality. I forget it did that one, but you know it turned you into a skeleton. The Dallas Mavericks, they were thin tonight. You could say skeleton crew for them without their two superstars. But that was a huge shot and a huge momentum swing. Was just Chris Dunn being ejected in this ballgame because he shoved Gortman in the neck. Gort Man in the neck, and that's an injection. That is an accurate call. I don't love it. You know, twenty five years ago he's probably still playing in the ballgame. But these are the rules now. You have to abide by them. It's not like Gortman got off scot free. He got a technical. They exchanged free throws. But it was a big turning point of the game. It was reviewed for what felt like hours. I think it was about a ten minute review in that third quarter, and the Clippers were just starting to get it going after they led by one at the half at fifty to forty nine. But Chris Dunn, he was a plus eleven out there. We thought, Wow, this is a big loss, and it's happening at an inopportune time. Is this going to affect the Clippers? Is this going to stunt the momentum. It happened at the five thirty two mark of the third quarter. It's seventy sixty five, Clippers up by five, starting to get some separation. Gortman and James Hardwin exchange free throws, so now it's seventy one sixty six on the flagrant, on the technical. Then James Harden gets found, goes to the free throw line. PJ. Washington his two Clippers still up five five minutes left. Then Big Zoo started to detonate. Big Zoo destroyed not only the second year Man and Derek Lively, but also Daniel Gafford, It didn't matter who you put in front of him. Right after Dunn gets ejected, Zoo is a huge throwdown. Then a mere coffee hits a three kpj jumper, Clippers up eleven, A mere jumper off an offensive rebound by batoom eighty two to sixty nine. Clippers, but two a three pointer, they're up sixteen. Bomba put back, they're up eighty seven to seventy three. But Dinwiddie, what do you make the last nine points of the third quarter for the Dallas Mavericks or something like that. He kept getting to the free throw line. They couldn't stop him. And we're coming back from commercial break and basically just telegraphing what's gonna happen here myself and Carlo Jimenez, because we're like, okay, big Zoo's going. They just can't stop Spencer, And it played out just like that.
Speaker 4: Big Zoo a big reason why I'd take giving the ball every possession and.
Speaker 3: Then maybe me get a stop on Specier Dinwiddi somehow.
Speaker 4: Somehow, some way, as a foul goes away from the ball. Score ninety six eighty eight, Clippers, eight forty six to go, Fourth quarter. Washington just picked up his third off the ball trying to battle with Norm.
Speaker 3: It's Zoo Darren.
Speaker 4: Jones Junior Porter Junior but Toom and Norm so no Harden. With eight forty six to go in the four, Zoo Boy straight away hands to Norm, curls bounces it to Zoo when the paint. What a fine writing layup from Zoo. About twenty one tonight with a big man Norman Powell with the dimes fit the cists of the game and the Clippers are up double died. It's eight thirty to go. Fourth quarter. Thompson jumps their double team finds Dinwoody left wing, Dallas looking for a spon Dinwitdy on the baseline. His jumper is in. Still no answer from the Clippers for Spencer Dinwity.
Speaker 3: That was the game in the second half. At times it was bottled up in a one on one type of setting where it was Big Zoo versus Dinwiddy. They couldn't stop Big Zoo, Clippers couldn't stop Spencer Dinwiddie Daniel West with the highlight package there. Carlo Jmenez on the call, it was it was damn near frustrating for Clipper Nation. I'm sure watching Spencer didn't when he get going like that. If you could just stop this one guy who finished with nineteen, the game might have been over. He went seven of nine at the free throw line. But the big three for the Clippers Big Zoo with twenty one, James Harden with twenty four, I mean Norman Palell with twenty nine. They combined for seventy four of the one hundred and eighteen points scored by the Clippers. Efficiently Zoo ten of thirteen hard and six of fourteen, but ten of ten at the free throw line, so we had twenty four points on just fourteen shots. Norman pal ten of nineteen for his twenty nine points. And then you get a great performance a Mere Coffee in that third quarter when they went on a ten zero run, when they started to give themselves a little bit of room between them and the Dallas Mavericks, who was at the three fifty nine mark, where Mere Coffee hit a three pointer to I think the Batoomb three at the one to fifty five mark. There's your ten to zero run before Dallas would score again, and the Clippers are up by sixteen. They win by twenty three at one eighteen to ninety five as Zoo, as you heard there, continue to dominate in the fourth quarter and Derek Jones Junior hit the kill shot, that big three pointer, blew a kiss to the crowd. It was a fun watch in the second half after a pretty frustrating first half where I didn't feel like the Clippers urgency and aggression was where it needed to be. The competitive nature was where it needed to be, especially because they weren't getting the ball to Vita Zubats enough. Guys, I'm out here crying on X what else is new? Katy's shaking her head, you like, Yep, that's Adam. That's Adam. That's what he does. I'm out here, like screaming to the heavens for Vitza Zubas to get the damn ball. There's a lot of all cap messages I was putting out there, no cap about it during my game thread. I'll show you one of them if you're live at Clippers Talk. But I was so frustrated. I said, Zoo was out there rebounding, playing d yet can't get the ball on offense. He had six points early in the first quarter, comes back in the second quarter. He's not touching the ball. It looks like they're freezing them out and the Clippers are down. They were down by I want to say, eight to ten points in that second quarter. Like what was happening there. They trailed by as many as eight in the first half. So eight points and it's like Zoo's back in. He just had a quick six. He looked good. They couldn't stop him in the first quarter. In his first seven minutes, he had six points. He comes back in and doesn't touch the basketball. They're not even looking. But they're struggling on offense. At the half, they were shooting forty one percent from the field, six of nineteen from the outside. I don't know, seems like this guy that beats Zubos is doing well. Doesn't seem like Derek Lively can stop him. Looks like the playoff series against Dallas where he averaged sixteen and eleven. Maybe that would be a recipe for success or an easier path to victory. Just get Zoo the damn ball. How many times I gotta say this, I'm gonna make that stupid parody the Dre song Forgot About Drey Forgot about Zoo, The new Snoop Dogg album's pretty mediocre. I gotta say, I gotta say a little disappointing, even though dre produced it. Maybe he did, I don't know, Maybe it was Warren g It's all right, but get get the ball too, Beats the Zoo boss, please please, when you can't get a bucket, when you have just fifty points in the first half, maybe look to Zoo a little bit. Now. The third quarter comes and guess what happens right from the onset, right out the gate, they get it to Zubats. He has a bucket, was fouled. They didn't call it. That was something else going on in this ball game where it seemed like Dallas was getting a pretty friendly whistle out there. I understand a mere coffee's frustration. But he has four points right away. He has six points. Actually, I don't know. The first two minutes of the third quarter. Some coach looked at the tape, coach Lou probably Hid or Jeff Van Gundy, and they said, guys, there is an easier way to win this game. Let's get Zubats going here. Please get him the basketball. And he comes out and has, yeah, six points early in the third quarter. That's all I wanted to see by the end of the third quarter, he's got fourteen points in the game. So he had eight points Morny had in the entire first half. In the third quarter, why just because they gave him the opportunity and they went through him a little bit more feature him get Zoo the damn ball. Oh, you guys know, it frustrates me. That's why I had to put my hat on my beanie, just pull my hair out watching Zoo getting freezed out of the office. Gonza said, Zoo doesn't get many calls generally for some reason. Well, I don't know why that would be. I mean, I agree with you, he doesn't get a great whistle. But he's too good of a player and too crucial for this Clippers team without Kawhi Leonard still to not get the basketball, especially when he's playing well and has a matchup advantage, and Lively wants no part of him and Gafford wants no part of them. It was doing all the great things defensively in that second quarter and is not get getting rewarded on the other end. So we'll take a time out, we'll come back. I want to hear from coach Lou post game after the Clippers win one eighteen to ninety five, and see if maybe he shares some of my frustrations here with the Beats' zoobos not getting the basketball even in a win where the Clippers won by twenty three, just feels like, I don't know, they could have been up by more than one in the first half. Yes, I'm nitpicking, but I'm proud of the way this team played in the second half. They ride the wrongs. They overcame losing Chris Dunn to an ejection. In fact, a little fire under the team. Chris Dunn gets chippy. This is what he does. He did get twenty five minutes in though he played his most minutes in a first half so far this season. He was at eighteen. That was good to see. So it's not like they didn't get decent use out of him. He had the highest plus minus when he left the game. He was plus eleven. Clippers win one, eighteen to ninety five in game one of a two game mini series in Dallas. More Clippers talk coming up. Next, we'll hear from coach lou And you're listening to a five seventy LA sports. Y'all know me.
Speaker 5: He throws it out the window, finishes in the foul Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts Radio WIP.
Speaker 3: Clippers win one eighteen to ninety five in Dallas over the Mavericks. Welcome back in. I'm Adam Mosland. The Big Three, Zubots twenty one and fifteen, James Harden twenty four and seven, Norman Palell twenty nine. Dallas Mavericks without Luca, without Kyrie. The Clippers did what they were supposed to do in the second half. They won it by twenty two points. They win the game one eighteen to ninety five. Welcome back in chat. Appreciate you guys in here. I'm Adam Moslin. We're still looking for coach lou postgame audio. We had Lot Murray on pregame and I do want to reiterate something he said because it's extremely important. It was the first question I asked him, but I'm guessing it was the first question Coach Luke got at the pregame presser. How'd Kawi look coming out of practicing five on five full contact, no swelling, no setback, traveling, with the team and so far, so good. Let's stay there. Hopefully he can continue to progress and head in that direction. Ganza Tuck says in the chat. Yeah, we didn't get so much from the bench outside of a mirror, but Derek Jones Junior felt like he never left, which is a good sign, even though at one point he left the game, went to the tunnel. I don't know if he was working on the stationary bike to stay warm, but he had his hamstring and a rap and we thought it might be a rap for his night. We were worried about that. I said, smh. He just came back from the hamstring injury. He was ahead of schedule. I didn't think he'd be playing on this road trip at all. But he's back against his former team and what does he do. Hit the biggest shot of the night, put him up by fifteen and put this game away. It was the end of the night for the Dallas Mavericks. Rock said it's going to be different guys on different nights, but still amazed with the season of mirrors having Yeah, the bench, different guys are gonna have to step up. I felt like Mobamba struggled at times, although he had a big block, but he missed a dunk. He had some tough moments out there. Still finished the plus eight everybody was a positive and the plus minus, but they won by twenty three. Not that big of a deal. Kevin Porter Junior struggled at times mightily. At times was losing the basketball. One time he lost the basketball as he was dancing too much, and then got it back and hoisted a jumper and got it to go. And that's kind of the KPJ experience and a micro cosm, that's just that's where it is. Up and down roller coaster ride with Kevin Porter Junior said, or Jason C said great win Zoo and emr ah Chef's kiss Ray said. Norm didn't get his normal whistle in the first half, so I loved his adjustment to just focus on finishing no matter what. Great layups, got comfortable, then made threes to seal it. I agree with you. Norm hit a ton of timely shots. Norm absolutely kept the Clippers within striking distance when they were down early and it could have gotten out of hand. I mean the Clippers, guys. The Clippers were down by six after the first quarter. It was thirty to twenty four. They didn't look good at all. They came out sleepwalking a little bit. I was frustrated. I didn't like the lack of urgency, lack of intensity out there. It didn't look like a team that was ready for Dallas. It looked like a team that knew Dallas was without Luca and Kyrie and felt like they were just gonna be able to sleepwalk their way into a win. See walk that was not gonna happened. Norman Powell did enough to keep them hanging around. Only had two points in the first quarter, but had ten in the second quarter. Norm was huge and they stole the lead right before the end of the first half. The Clippers did Derek Jones Jr. Hit a three pointer that was another big three after having a big throwdown at the end of the first half that was it. James Harden had just hit a three to two. So they end the first half on an eight three or yeah, eight three run. They're down forty six to forty two at the one to twenty six mark, and they end the first half up fifty to forty nine on an eight three run. Big buckets there.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Norm was really really impressive with getting downhill also he had some really quick moves. This is a guy who's also just coming back from a hamstring injury. By the way, he attacked Lively, who had to gold send him to keep the Clippers up by ten because Dallas was answering every bucket the Clippers were making early on the fourth quarter. A lot of it was Spencer Dinwiddie. I think Lively had a couple of shots made. He and Zu were kind of going back and forth there for a second, but Spencer Dinwhitody in transition. Eah, it wasn't perfect, but the second half was what you wanted to see. The second half looked like Clippers basketball and looked like how it should against a team without their top two players. Norm had a big three to put him up one oh seven to ninety two. Marshall answered with a three. NAUSEI Marshall, I was concerned about him tonight. He ended up with you know, big night, just nine points. PJ. Washington still had four. They were led by twenty two with Klay Thompson, who had a couple of streaky little runs in there. It was him and Spencer. Didn't wey their two best players tonight. We don't know the status of Kyrie and Luca for Saturday. But again big shots by the Clippers when you had to have him, and that three pointer to put him up by fifteen, which just about four minutes remaining. I want to say that shot from Derek Jones Junior back in his old stomping grounds, that had to feel good. Guys, he's a badass, He's a dog. I wonder does he get back this soon from the hamstring injury where he was way ahead of schedule if it's not for playing Dallas and wanting to be on this road trip. He hit that three at the four to seventeen mark. That was game. That was it, a fifteen to four to seventeen left game. Norm got another quick layup in a floater off a nice feed from Visa Zubots, but that was the shot he ended his former team. He also had a defensive play against PJ. Washington. I want to say this was in the first half where he ripped them the ball went out of bounds. The Clippers ended up with thirteen turnovers. Dallas only had thirteen as well. James Harden had four of his six in the first half, some of them were I don't blame the process or the intent. It just wasn't a crisp enough pass, but he was aggressive. At least you can live with some of those aggressive turnovers at least instead the lack of daisical sloppy, careless turnovers. Six is still too many, don't get me wrong, but he only had two of those in the second half. At least the Clippers stopped turning the basketball over really after the first quarter. I want to say they had four or five turnovers in the first quarter alone. They ended up with four, but they only had one in the second. That was one of the reasons it didn't get extended out that Dallas Mavericks. He never got to double digits. So Clippers are victorious one eighteen to ninety five. We'll come back still looking for post game audio from coach Lou and the players. I'm out of Mosland. You are listening and watching Clippers talk on the YouTube side, but listen to our an AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Throws it off.
Speaker 5: The window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Clipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts RADIOIP.
Speaker 3: Clippers win one eighteen to ninety five in Dallas over the Mavericks in game one of a two game mini series against the MAVs. Welcome back in I'm out of Mosland. This is Clippers Talk on M five seventy LA Sports and of course at Clippers Talk on YouTube. Appreciate you guys in the chat. Here are Darius Sanders's great win tonight. Let's go well, Carlo jmenez esk let's go.
Speaker 4: Uh king.
Speaker 3: Charles brought up how James Harden cross PJ Washington into oblivion and got nan one on him. A little left to right crossover he had that was nasty.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: So we can get the floater back. That would do a lot for his game and the Clippers' chances of making the finals.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to say James Harden shooting numbers within five feet not been great so far this season. I'll look him up for you. But let's hear from coach Loupos's game after the Clippers win one, eighteen to ninety five in Dallas over the Mavericks.
Speaker 6: Be better than the second half, which we really were. You know, I thought we just put him on the free throw line a little bit too much. You know, we fouled, but they're crafty, you know. Dean Widty is very crafty getting to the free throw line, you know, so we's got to be better next game and just keep him off the foul line, make him play against our half court defense. Like I thought, we did a good job of tonight and then just kind of go from there.
Speaker 7: You said that this is a game about it's about you guys. How I mean, they look like defensively were ready to play. How did y'all get to a point where you understood what they were doing defensively and and just got better performance in the second half of.
Speaker 6: The first Yeah, I thought we missed some good shots early in the first half, and then like I said, in the third quarter, we made shots and we was able to attack him, you know, once we saw what they were doing, and you know that guys just did a good job. Like I said, that that team is good. J Kidds done a great job, which he's always done. But you know, they're gonna be ready to play, and so we had to be ready to play tonight no matter who was on the floor. And I thought that was a good professional win for us.
Speaker 7: What did you make of that altercation with Chris and uh and and Gordman. That was a five point game when that happened. You see how the game ended, like what was explained to you and and how do you feel like the team responded to that?
Speaker 3: If at that all?
Speaker 6: You never want to see that happen, you know, But the team responded well, you know, I think kd you know, we know who he is and how he plays and competes, but you never want to altercation doing the game. So I'm glad it didn't evolve to more than just that. So I thought our team, you know, responded well. I think we brought Nico in a thing for him at the point in time, and we was able to take off, you know, from there. So hopefully we can just learn from that and be better.
Speaker 3: Nope, Okay, that was it, Coach Lou After the Clippers won one eighteen to ninety five in Dallas over the Mavericks. Did anyone see chat what preceded the altercation between Chris Dunn and Gortman, Like, I know, Gortman kind of tripped him. It didn't look overly intentional or overtly intentional to me. And Chris done the way he reacted, it made me think something had been happening over the last couple of minutes. It wasn't just that Chris Dunn may have a short fuse and maybe chippy out there. I like it. It's Patrick Beverley esque. He's got that dog in him. They need that. This is a guy who was almost out of the league and he's had to fight, sometimes literally in NBA games to claim his position in the league. Teams like his toughness factor. I think it's important. And when you play his style of basketball, by the way, with how he is, with the level of physicality he plays with and what a pest he is on the defensive end, it gets under guy's skin. It frustrates them. That's why usually he doesn't start it, somebody else does. But he will finish it, and he will stand on business and he's not to be trifled with. He's not to be messed without. There, Cap said. Harden's numbers in the last few weeks outside of the Wolves, gast and Denver Rusty must be pretty impressive. Here's what I can tell you about the float game with James Harden. Right now, from less than five feet, he's only shooting forty six point six percent from the field that used to be over sixty percent in his prime from five to nine feet out right. Now that's really the float game. He is shooting thirty seven percent on the season. That's also way down. If I go back to his MVP season, Let's see what he was shooting in that area. Actually, he was shooting thirty four percent. That's kind of wild to me. The twenty seventeen to twenty eighteen year. The year after that, though, twenty eighteen twenty nineteen, he was shooting fifty percent. So I don't know. It's a shot that even evaded him at times in his prime, Like the touch is just a little bit off. That's actually encouraging to me that during the twenty seventeen to twenty eighteen season it was even lower. That was definitely prime James Harden. So maybe it's nothing to do with that. It's just that's the situation where he's missing some easy looks and he's got a zero in his scope a little bit. That's all six Abs said. Before Chris got tripped, they were already being physical, so it just kind of or boiled over. King Charles said he kept throwing his body into dun and he was getting tired of that. S Okay, Jeremy Mormon said Doun shoved him and then got tripped, so I think Dunn thought it was intentional. There you go. I understand. I appreciate you guys bringing some clarity. That's what I love about the Adams family and the chat here at Clippers Talk on YouTube. You're helping me through it, sorting this one out. Believe we got one more time out here. We'll take that. We'll come back all of for some player quotes coming out of this big victory. Clippers win by twenty three. They're sixteen and twelve. Kawhi Leonard is with them but has yet to play a basketball game. They're running it back in Dallas on Saturday. More on that matchup, and we'll see if we got an update on Luka Dancic and Kyrie Irving and what their injury status is as well. I'm out of Mozland and this is Clippers Talk here on M five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: He throws it up.
Speaker 5: The window finishes in the vowel Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers take us with you on the Ihearts Radio.
Speaker 8: Ap oh oh man, Nay, yeah, you can never check me.
Speaker 3: Look im Jordan, no back to back like of a Jordan ninety six ninety seven. Oh. Clippers staying in Dallas. They're in a holding pattern after winning tonight against a Luca List, Kyrie Irving List Dallas Mavericks team one eighteen to ninety five. They run it back on Saturday night. We'll see if those guys are back. I'm just gonna guess right now that Luca will be back. He gets these little injuries where he gets dinged up ankle, tweak, knee, heel in this case, and he has been a heel against the Clippers. He has been the bad guy, the enemy and these bouts over the years. Nobody has had a deal with more Luka Doncic eruptions than your Los Angeles Clippers. But I'm gonna guess he's back Saturday. I am. I'm just gonna accept he's back, and if he's not, they gotta take advantage once again. They must find a way to get another victory and keep stacking them up. This is Clipper stock. I'm adam Moslims where they were listening on a five seventy LA Sports or at Clipperstock on the YouTube side. Appreciate you to Nick Ramos and Adam's family stand up. That's the name of our chat. There's the Malar Militia. There are different people who have their own lesion of fans and I don't know if you guys my fans, some of your trolls, but people who are a part of the FNA army with myself and Kevin figures here at am by seventy la Sports. Here it's the Adams family in the chat. Come join in, be a part of it. Win a Kawhi Leonard bobblehead. Now, remember the giveaway for this was initially on yesterday's show. I think it was yesterday. I haven't missed a show in almost three months. So you guys spammed Carlo Jimenez with happy Birthday messages? Was his birthday Monday? Tuesday? Was Tuesday? Yesterday? No, it was not so Tuesday was the day I told you to spam Carlo Jimenez' Instagram and you did, most of you. Anybody who did is eligible to win the Kawhi Leonard bobblehead. Now we get into the rest of the game, which involves three keywords. The first one, Kawhi, there's your first keyword, Kawhi. I'll be giving two more away in two upcoming shows. You have all three, you put them in the comments section for when I give away that third keyword in that show, and if you're first, you will win the Kawhi Leonard Christmas Elf on a shelf bobblehead. Santa Claus has come into town Klaws clause. Some of you guys in here talking about how happy Kawhi Leonard looked to be with the team, to be traveling with the team, Ganza Talk said that it's true. You can see it. Some of them rewatching Kawhi Leonard highlights from last season. Let's reflect, he had a thirty game stretch where he had the most dominant efficiency run in NBA history for thirty games. Kawhi Leonard was about at fifty seven fifty ninety splits for thirty games straight. His shooting splits for fifty seven fifty ninety had never happened before in the history of the league. Nobody had ever been that efficient over a thirty game stretch. That's how good Kawhi Leonard was. Ex Mango Project said, Kawhi Mother Freaking Leonard you guys are saying, Kawhi look very engaged. Did you see the clip the other night when Avitza Zubats got to five thousand points? This is something you should look up. So a career milestone. Kawhi Leonard went over and got the basketball at the end of the game to give it to Avitza Zubats after he went for five thousand points in his career. Did you guys notice that? Did you see that? That's leadership? Guys love him and this team fits Kawhi Leonard perfectly, hand in glove. It's gonna have to be a big one. It is just the right constructed roster to surround Kawhi with a ton of defenders one who was back tonight, Derek Jones Junior, one who got ejected, and Chris Dunn. Can you imagine when those two are on the floor next to Kawhi Leonard and Visa Zubats. What's gonna happen? What is gonna happen? Some people think I'm really this lazy, and they're already guessing the three keywords. Kawhi is back. Like I knew. Of course that's where your brain is going to go. But I'm it's gonna be a moving target. You're not gonna be able to figure this out until I give away the third one. I mean, maybe you can figure it out for the second one. If you can figure it out fast enough, then yeah, you win the bibblehead. But I only gave you kauhi so far. That's the first of three keywords. It's a good guess. Jay Sarah said that hardened step back over Clay gave me twenty eighteen vibes. Man, the step back is looking good lately from James Harden. You can tell those eight days off you got they're starting to take effect. Now we're seeing a different look from James. All right. Before we get out of here, after the Clippers would win one eighteen to ninety five in Dallas over the Mavericks, we gotta say goodbye to our producer over the last four years, Katie Newton. Katie, you have to have a sign off here. You have to let people know where they can find you. Katie is a radio talent, as you have known.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 3: She has a voice I do that lends itself well to voice over work. It does. So let's say I'm somebody hearing your voice, right now in the radio and I'm like, Wow, that's really soothing, that's a therapeutic. How do I hire this woman?
Speaker 1: Hi? Katiewtonvo dot com no dot co Katiewtonvo dot co.
Speaker 3: And you can find me on Twitter at producer Katie and it's kat Y co dot co dot co. Katie's been doing work here for four years, guys, four long years. I'm sure they were for her three no four. This is the end that you were here at twenty twenty no one. Maybe it was longer for me then. Those three years were so long it felt like four. Do We love Katie? We adore Katie if you miss her. Also, if you watch the Last of Us on HBO, that girl and her personality, that's Katie, very endearing and she's been with us for three years. So send her some love and hopefully bring some business her away. Thank you, Katie, Thanks for all you've done for the show. I appreciate you just for putting up with me. It's not easy. Daniel's already tired of me. Daniel West our new producer over here, Hattie getting things done tonight. Thank you for the highlight packages, Daniel. I hope you're excited for this voyage. Damn, You've been very fun to work with so far.
Speaker 4: I can keep it up.
Speaker 3: I'll wear on you to give me time until Saturday when we're back together. Clippers Taking on the Dallas Mavericks Part two tip off at five point thirty, pre game at four thirty. Before you get out of here, do you want to thank Ralph Lawler, Ryan Seman, No what ego? Carlojmenz, big brother, Jake Warner thinking about you know what Eagle did? I mention him, Carlo Amennez on the call, Daniel West, and a big thanks to Katie Newton with all that she has done the last three years for us here on this show. I'm out of ozon. We'll talk to you on Saturday.
Speaker 1: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 3: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 1: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 3: Clippers Talk Maybe