Speaker 1: It's Fallin and Cult On one on one point three Katie w B.
Speaker 2: We have Noah from Bloomington on the phone.
Speaker 1: Noah, share a little fun fact about yourself with everyone.
Speaker 3: I've got a really really massive cat.
Speaker 4: A big giant cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, dude, you got a BBC A big beautiful cat. Oh, no, a big beautiful don't be creepy cold, A big beautiful cat.
Speaker 4: Noah.
Speaker 2: What's your cat's name?
Speaker 4: I love it?
Speaker 1: Hey, Noah. Quick question for you? Do you approve the show? This week? One on one point three Katie w B with Fallon and Colt. Okay, I've been waiting to tell you this story Cult because I want you to be honest with me. Who's in the right and who's in the wrong.
Speaker 5: Ear?
Speaker 4: How did you do now?
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm completely in.
Speaker 1: The right or wrong necessarily, but I can see both sides.
Speaker 2: But Jake and I.
Speaker 1: Laughed so hard together. So it was a beautiful moment that brought us together. Basically, last week we went to an event, so we were back from things getting cold. Went to Wisconsin to see his uncle and that was great.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, it was cool. It was good.
Speaker 1: I was to see my sister, you're okay. So they had this like event. Okay, okay, I'm trying to think of how to describe this so I can explain it with that. It's like a pop up event, like the whole bunch of people are selling stuff, like vendors, vendors like because it's a holiday market.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So went to this last week, Jake and I want to get coffee.
Speaker 4: Sounds about right.
Speaker 2: We go up, the thing opens in four minutes.
Speaker 1: We'd already like purchased like a couple of things from vendors because everyone's like wanting to sell, right, Okay, okay. So it's nine fifty six in the morning. The event opens at ten am, and I was like, hey, can I grab a coffee? And the two people working the coffee booth they go, yeah. We decided that for our energy levels and our mental well being, we're not going to do anything until ten and Jake and I go, Jay and.
Speaker 2: I go okay, and we walked away.
Speaker 1: We just could not laugh, and we started laughing because I am one thousand percent in support of you protecting your energy and your mental health, like we are huge mental health advocates here. However, we could not stop laughing because I go that is the most gen z answer I have ever heard in my life. And I can tell you right now those people do not own that business. Those are workers because if it would have been the owners of the business, they would have given us a coffee four minutes before they opened. So we went over, waited for four minutes, and then walk back over. Do make it we were staring at them, not at all. I went to a totally different room. Well, yeah, because if we were, we were talking crap. We were like laughing and talking crap. I could be next do.
Speaker 4: So I have two things.
Speaker 3: One, when I used to work as a subway or way sub yeah, they I would lock the door and people would be there at the door. Or if somebody was coming in at nine to fifty nine and I closed at ten, I'm locking the door and if you come up, thirty seconds so you're not coming in.
Speaker 4: So I get it.
Speaker 3: I've been there, done that, yes, But I've also been in the situation where I went to McDonald's wanted lunch.
Speaker 4: I didn't want the breakfast food.
Speaker 3: Crazy, I know, and it's like ten, it's literally ten twenty nine, and I was like, can I get whatever whatever, and they were like, yeah, well we're actually still serving breakfast. And I was like, you just want you want me to just to sit here for a minute. You just want me to sit here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because this is what I say.
Speaker 2: I so I try to.
Speaker 1: Put myself in the position a little bit where I was like, Okay, the State Fair is exhausting. For us, it's an exhausting situation. We love meeting people, but for my favorite for like four hours is meeting people. Right, So sometimes if I'm there early, I don't want But if someone came up and they were like, hey, Fallan love your show, can get a picture. I would never be like, hey, my shift starts in four minutes and make them wait for four minutes. So I get it. And I can't give all the details, by the way, because I don't want to like give anything away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If there were a couple more details to it, I cannot share.
Speaker 4: But that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: What would you think? Do you think it was a little crazy? If I was like if I had gone up thirty minutes early, I totally and I didn't care anyway, I could wait four minutes, you know what I mean? It wasn't a deal breaker for me and Jake. It just made us laugh. Would you have laughed and mocked that response or not? Be honest, I.
Speaker 4: Would have been annoyed.
Speaker 1: Especially Yeah, I wasn't that annoyed. A four minute wait.
Speaker 2: It just made it was so ridiculous and funny to me.
Speaker 4: I don't blame them.
Speaker 3: I would have done the same thing, and especially like not saying they don't like their job, but like if I'm at a job I don't like, dude, those four minutes, that's like that makes or break.
Speaker 4: That's like a make or break from a mental health.
Speaker 1: Okay, am I officially an old woman because I walked away.
Speaker 2: I was what a gen z respec?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because what other like, what other service do you want from a coffee shop?
Speaker 4: It's not like it's.
Speaker 3: Not like it's a fancy whatever. It's like, yeah, that's those are the type of work. I mean, that's what I would do if I were to a coffee shop.
Speaker 4: Same thing.
Speaker 2: You would have done, the same thing.
Speaker 1: You would have said to me and said it for my energy levels, and I would say I have to wait four minutes.
Speaker 4: I want to pitch it like that.
Speaker 3: But I would have been like yeah, lady.
Speaker 1: I would have been like, yeah, lady, can wait four minutes for your freaking lat tepe for sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah let me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna run in the back get my whatever, and then we'll be open at ten.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of like a subtle like but.
Speaker 1: That's how I knew they weren't the owner. So because every other place I walked around to they sold me stuff in advance.
Speaker 4: Oh, because they wanted to.
Speaker 1: Make the sale. So if they don't own the coffee place, they don't care what the coffee plate make at all. Anyway, it just maybe laugh.
Speaker 4: Did you tip? Yes?
Speaker 1: I did. I actually was like only a dollar, but I tipped a dollar, but I was like, I'm gonna tip it down. I'm not going to be a jerk.
Speaker 4: Yes, nice, you're a nice person.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're I would have laughed too, but yeah, you're good, You're awesome, You're cool.
Speaker 1: It gave Jag and I something to giggle about, which is always nice.
Speaker 4: You know, I think you're a really good person.
Speaker 1: What I didn't ask that? Yeah, No, it feels insincere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Christmas is coming up. Just let me know if you need any ideas for what I need or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I don't.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Cool, Oh, speaking of gifts, which.
Speaker 1: It's secret San cult l it's secret Santa. We drew names. We each drew a show member's name. We can't say who we drew, so I'm not saying who I drew, but we couldn't draw our own name.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to see who got me?
Speaker 1: But two five dollars?
Speaker 4: But I okay.
Speaker 3: So I came up with a gift for my family members outside of my like my sister and her children. I told my sister what I'm gonna get her. Why my wife overheard me. She thinks the thing I'm getting her is like super inconsiderate. I don't agree at all.
Speaker 1: I already know I'm on gen side. My side.
Speaker 3: I'll let you decide next.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful one on one point three katiewb with Fallon and Cold. I can't wait to first. I can have a question for you, quot why would you tell your family what you're buying them?
Speaker 3: I wanted to get out of the way, and I need to get ahead of it because I don't want them to get me a thing that I don't want to get.
Speaker 4: And then I feel like I have to get them a thing.
Speaker 1: So what did you So? You told them what you're getting them, so they have leveled expectations exactly.
Speaker 3: So I called my sister. I said, listen, love your kids, love you. Things are good. You love my kids, you love me.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: So for Christmas, what we're gonna do is we're gonna let's not and say we did. Let's I'm gonna give you the gift of not having to give me anything by not getting you anything.
Speaker 4: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: And you said, Jen said, what about this?
Speaker 1: Your wife?
Speaker 3: She said, oh, that's so rude, and consider it. It's the holidays. That's the whole point. Is like I'm like, ah, Jesus, there's a.
Speaker 1: Reason for the season. It's like, oh my god, he's not religious at all.
Speaker 8: I love that.
Speaker 1: You want to throw it back the conversation. Okay, I respect it.
Speaker 3: Jesus is my homeboy and he deserves some respect on Christmas. So that's what I said. And my wife's like, no, that's ridiculous. Her kids are eight and three or whatever. They don't want they need gifts. They don't understand that you're trying to save money.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a serious question?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 8: Do?
Speaker 1: Okay? At first, at first I was on your side.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Now now I'm on Gen's side. Here's why. Okay, I agree with her. I agree you do not need to buy your sister. And I don't know if she has a partner.
Speaker 4: Yes she does.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, I don't think you need to buy them anything.
Speaker 4: They're adults, solid boom, got it.
Speaker 1: I do think it is a little shisty that for the little kids you're not going to get anything. It's your right.
Speaker 2: It's not that they don't need anything.
Speaker 1: Probably this is my sister and I stopped buying each other presents like a few years ago, and she brings up every year in kind of like a weird way, like she wants you to get kind of but I just ignore it. But it's been very freeing because I just I don't even know that what I get her she likes. But I always get my niece and nephew something. However, I don't have I don't know how many nieces and nephews you have because you have seventy five siblings.
Speaker 4: I have three.
Speaker 1: Oh, then you're cheap. Nephews a gift.
Speaker 4: You eat that they never called me.
Speaker 8: Nephews are like twenty one and they don't.
Speaker 3: Have so many people in their life. They don't need another gift from me they have.
Speaker 1: You're right, they probably don't. They probably don't. I could see you saying to your sister though, hey, my kids, Remy and Teddy have enough stuff. Don't bother getting them anything. But you didn't have to.
Speaker 2: Say, because I'm not getting yours anything.
Speaker 3: I gave the opportunity I said that. I said, listen, my children are getting a lot.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to set it up. You actually just told me to the opposite.
Speaker 3: No, I said, listen, here's the thing. You don't have to I've been hinting like I don't want to do this. That's not place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's too much. I agree with, too much money being spent. And most people, if I have like family members who genuinely needed something, I would want to get it for him and help them. Like my grandma she needed a washer and dryer, and my cousin and I pitch in and got her one.
Speaker 2: That is something she needed.
Speaker 4: That's so nice.
Speaker 1: But most of my family are fortunate and don't need anything, so it's like they don't need anything. But I'm still gonna get my niece and nephew a gift.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, you got your grandma a washer and dryer. Yeah, dude, that's expensive. I didn't know you were spending that much money. I have things I need. If you say you're getting your friends and family stuff, I didn't. You didn't even text me on Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving. I don't know that I would consider you friends or family. I thought we were best friends.
Speaker 1: But the fact that you didn't text me even once, you weren't thankful for me at all on things Giving, well, I don't really celebrate, because that's interesting.
Speaker 2: You did celebrate.
Speaker 1: You posted photos of you taken down massive.
Speaker 2: Amounts of food.
Speaker 1: I love too much of betrayal, dude, but I kind of agree with Jen and kind of agree with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I appreciate that, and we are friends. And sorry I didn't text you. I didn't text anybody. If it makes the better, I said.
Speaker 1: Doesn't count. And you only sent me one because I sent you on it and your response was like, oh sorry, I was sorry.
Speaker 2: Sleep Happy Thanksgiving? No heart and soul behind that.
Speaker 1: It's the Pop Culture Minute with Fellon.
Speaker 4: And cult On one on one point three kd W b Oh, don't worry.
Speaker 1: It's brought to you by Ovo Lesa gan Lynz. Travis Kelsey spent the holidays with the Swifts. Oh how cute, how cute, adorable? And then everyone turned on Travis Kelsey and here's why. So basically, Josh Allen, he's a football player. In case you did not.
Speaker 4: Know, I know that Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 1: I only have ever heard of this guy obviously because he I knew he was Like, he dates Hailey Steinfeld. They don't get even remotely the same amount of coverage like Taylor and Travis get, and they've been very secret about their relationship even though they everyone knows they're dating. Well, he proposed, and honestly, the proposal photo is stunning.
Speaker 2: Kudos to him. He did a great job.
Speaker 1: But of course on the post, Travis writes congrats with like a bunch of things, and then every every single comment on the under is like you next, your move, bro, trap, you'll move you next? Ah, so cute, You're next. So it was just like he knew. I mean, you gotta support. But also everyone's and and remember next week is Taylor Swift's birthday. Also this or this coming Taylor Swift's birthday. This coming weekend final Eras shows. Can you believe it?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 3: Do you think he's gonna round it out by like proposing on stage?
Speaker 1: I don't know. There is no way Travis Kelsey is smart enough to never make Taylor Swift's last three shows of the biggest tour of her life about their engagement.
Speaker 4: He would never would be kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: It would be honestly, I'd be like I would die. I would literally I would well. I wouldn't literally die, I would die. Uh. Speaking of Taylor Swift, she gifted the they call Kansas City Chiefs like team owner Heiress because his daughters.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: She sent them copies of her Aras tour book and a note, and of course they're like every other girl. They literally shared on their Instagram stories the note, the book from Taylor. It's basically the exclusive one. They had a target that everyone went crazy for on Black Friday. But they're also it's like what it's what they what you say, Like when I saw Jason Kelsey on a podcast recently, but they're like, what do you get for Taylor Swift and traps? He's like, they're people that have everything. He goes. Honestly, I'm thinking about just making something for I'm like, and they laughed and joked about if he got Taylor Swift a Macaroni necklace, how every teenage girl out there to wear a Macaroni necklace. The next week, you and I both went and saw, but you didn't see the full thing. Moana Too this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I made it like an hour and then I had to walk my kid out. She got too scared.
Speaker 1: So here someone actually DMed me and they said, is it too scary for my four year old? And I didn't really think about it because I took my five year old and I've said this before. My daughter all of leans into the darkness like she likes something scared, but like she loves nightmember felt before Halloween, the Grinch, pocus Pocus souh. She liked it. I thought it was really good, other than I thought the music was just like not it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I only heard a couple songs they didn't. I mean it wasn't as good as the first one.
Speaker 1: Lynn Manuel Miranda is so good with music, and those songs from the first Maana were so good, but didn't matter because Mowana Too served past Wicked at the box office and it shattered Thanksgiving weekend record. So it was the biggest Thanksgiving weekend ever.
Speaker 2: And this is crazy.
Speaker 1: It beat out like even Frozen two, which was a Thanksgiving weekend and that was huge, two hundred and twenty one million domestically over the five day weekend, breaking records. But also this is mind blowing. Wicked officially beats Grease at the as the biggest earning already like musical ever, how much let's see I have that in front of me. So Wicked brought in another one hundred and seventy five million domestically. So now, oh it's just's globally at three hundred and fifty nine point three million.
Speaker 3: As we were talking about numbers, who's the original actress Judy Garland? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, am I saying that right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How much money do you think she made from the film The Wizard of Oz?
Speaker 2: That movie was so cursed.
Speaker 1: I don't know. She probably made like fifty dollars in a bottle of booze.
Speaker 3: She made ninth that was like nine seven hundred dollars at the time, which back then was like two hundred thousand. Yeah, but she was like the lowest the top the the Scarecrow yeah, the Lion and then the tin man. Yeah, they all made like sixty eight thousand, which is like one point six million, but it made like ten times.
Speaker 1: Her Man was getting all kind of poisoning from the paint. The scarecrow was probably so itchy. And imagine how hot that lion was.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and I got as from the snowflake scene.
Speaker 2: Six that I said that film was basically cursed.
Speaker 1: That is your pop culture and it would come back with anyone listening who on Katie w B one on one point three KATIEWB with foul and Colt. This is going to be one of the weirder anyone listening Who's because there's there's one on here. I really hope someone takes advantage of it. I don't think anyone will call in for it. Okay, okay, So we do this at the two o'clock hours, especially after a long holiday weekend, because nobody wants to talk, no one wants to interact, and we want you to be a part of our life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe you're introverted, you got stories. This is your chance, is you're time to shine.
Speaker 1: So anyone listening who went to the hospital over Thanksgiving weekend? Tough gotta be someone out there. Maybe a deep fry situation went wrong. Maybe it's the totally different anyone listening who isn't buying gifts this year but doing something different, because I've seen people where they're only thrifting things or they're only making gifts. Okay, and this is the one I think no one will call in for, but I think it'd be really fun. Anyone listening who wants to sing a tiny bit of their favorite Christmas song, just like a.
Speaker 2: Tiny little segment cult. Did you want to.
Speaker 4: Favorite?
Speaker 3: Okay, right now, you're gonna no, I don't even tell you because you're gonna judge me.
Speaker 1: My favorite its from the Bieberg Christmas album and it's probably the Buster Rhymes part Little Dropper Boy.
Speaker 3: No hold on, let me get it up because I found it a little while ago and it's Vanilla Ice Christmas song. Okay, give me give me a little sample of years though. While I'm pulling this up, a.
Speaker 1: Doo want a lot for Christmas? That's all you're getting, all right. I don't have twenty minutes for you to pull up the YouTube video.
Speaker 4: It's too cold for Christmas.
Speaker 1: This isn't real. Let's kick it it's not real.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that that's my favorite Christmas song.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not sixty five one nine eight nine Katie w B if you fit and didn't hey these categories. So anyone listening who went to the hospital over Thanksgiving isn't buying gifts this year, but maybe doing something different, or wants to sing a tiny bit of their favorite Christmas song one more time phone number A six five.
Speaker 2: One nine eight nine katiew B.
Speaker 1: One on one point three KATWB with fallon and cult and anyone listening who here are the category of today? Anyone listening who went to the hospital over the Thanksgiving holiday isn't buying gifts this year, but doing something different instead, or wants to sing a tiny bit of their favorite Christmas song. And I don't think anyone's going to call in for that, but I do hope that they maybe reconsider because it's a.
Speaker 9: Fun scene for anyone listening.
Speaker 2: Who Yeah, which category do you fall into?
Speaker 6: I actually am kind of altering your category about but not spending money for Christmas to the holidays, because we aren't spending any money. But it's because my sisiness in another nine are trying to save to get a brand new house for us and our new little one that was born the works.
Speaker 1: Oh it's it's And how rough has it been for you to like find something because I feel like I feel like everyone in real estate says it's getting better, but that's because they want to sell places, but it seems like anyone that's buying is like not, it's still bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's it's hard to look for something we actually want because we actually want to like build a barn. Dominium is what we want.
Speaker 9: Our main goal to.
Speaker 4: Be been there.
Speaker 6: We're kind of trying to figure out exactly where we want to live.
Speaker 1: I was literally just having this conversation with Colt off the radio because he wants to buy a house too, but he's saving every penny as well, and he was just asking me if Jimmy John's will take cash because he wants to get Jimmy John's but he needs to save his money for a house.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, Also, how how is it illegal for the banks to have an interest loan at our interest rate at seven point six percent? Now?
Speaker 4: What the hell? How is it possible? Was making it illegal or less?
Speaker 7: With cars?
Speaker 6: Cars are the same way they have interest rates on alls and I'm like, we have to drive those two and from work, So why is there an interest rate when we're already putting in.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to strike. Dude, you and me, let's stand outside. I don't know what we're gonna strike, what we're gonna do, We're gonna make it happen those Thank you.
Speaker 1: Look Hi, Katy w B.
Speaker 2: Which category do you fall into?
Speaker 1: I'm going to do the third category and seeing one of my favorite Christmas songs, Oh, give us a little sample. Girl.
Speaker 2: Wait, what's your name?
Speaker 10: My name is kat and I'm from Updale and this.
Speaker 1: Okay ready by the Billy sna you sounded just like it, so much better than if Colt and I would have done it. We would have butchered the accent so bad. You know. It's of learning Spanish.
Speaker 3: There's that.
Speaker 1: Oh good for you. I took a couple of levels of that in like high school and college, and no surprise here didn't retain any of it. Thanks for calling, Katie w B. Which category do you fall into?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, give us a little sample of your favorite Christmas song?
Speaker 9: All right, h d after.
Speaker 6: Nose ring deer had a little shiny nose and if you ever saw it.
Speaker 9: You would even say clan my.
Speaker 1: Light, Bob beautiful. I loved that. What was your name? Denny? Denny's classic choice? Thank you for calling Katie w b. What's your name? Anna?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Anna?
Speaker 2: Which category A you've fallen into?
Speaker 9: We went to the hospital, Oh.
Speaker 1: Anna, what happened? Is everyone okay?
Speaker 3: Everyone is just fine?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 9: It was quite scary though.
Speaker 10: My husband he was carving the turkey and he just like he just thainted and we couldn't revive him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's terrifying.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, it was really scary. I'm gonna ask you this, and I want to think about it.
Speaker 1: Don't be weird.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna be weird.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, do you think it was a ploy to get away from the family?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, But it's frock with you. I'm saying, like fake.
Speaker 3: Like keep fake painted to go to the hospital to not have to have any responsibility of cleaning up any of the food or dealing with any of the family members.
Speaker 9: That is, I hadn't even thought about that.
Speaker 1: Really, that guy, I hate you now.
Speaker 4: Cult you might want to go home and start an argument.
Speaker 10: I am gonna you know what, I'm gonna ask him.
Speaker 4: I've thought about that in situations.
Speaker 3: I'm like, dude, I could pretend faint right now, Like I could just pretend to faint.
Speaker 2: I've had like my old couple of old Cogers.
Speaker 1: They used to say all the time that they wish that something so minor happened where they had to be in the hospital, so they just get a couple of days of relaxing. And I'm like, that's messed up, man, just to.
Speaker 4: Chill, you know what.
Speaker 9: And they sent him home like after just a few hours even, And.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm sure as soon as you were done wiping those plates and putting them in the dishwasher, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: This is one of those visuals where all the numbers are calculating in her head right now.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, he's totally fine.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm glad he's good. Thanks for calling it. Okay, all right, you always solid move every you almost gonna say something I did, so.
Speaker 4: Dude, I've been there.
Speaker 3: You're carving the turkey and you're like, ah, this is all all right, you know what pass out?
Speaker 1: How when you do it before everything's being prepared, and like the tensions are heightened just you. I do like that, you know I love that. Listen. We were like the first station radio station to play this song.
Speaker 2: He is a hometown guy.
Speaker 1: It's new music from Jonahmurray called slow Motion on one on one point three k d w B one O one point three k d w B. We're gonna put you on the spot now. Okay, we're we're gonna wrap it up. Anyone listening who You're going to sing a little little clip of a song for us?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: I literally got to stay right, Okay, I'll do Listen, did you got it?
Speaker 3: The minor pile, the major, the bossing King composion.
Speaker 1: She came in here with the voice of an angel. Oh my god, I'm so good.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 9: That's not even when I was gonna sing it was throwing off I got here.
Speaker 1: It's because it was because the angels came to you and they said, this is the one you're gonna do on the spot. And they were like, and you chose like the hardest Christmas song ever?
Speaker 4: Wait, can you give me a Hallelujah again? It sounded so good.
Speaker 9: Wait, let's all do toget this all right?
Speaker 1: Oh we're done then, Okay, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 5: Thank you one to one point three KDWB.
Speaker 4: My name is Colt. This is found and Colt.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 1: I thought we would try something new that we've never tried before. And uh, I don't know how it's gonna go, but that's the thing. You got to take risks right, So this could be a first and last time. I thought, why not do a little mad lib?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Like mad libs are super super fun if they're done right. So I thought, Holt is way more unhinged than me. So I'm gonna go through this and I'm gonna ask you for words, and you're gonna tell me words, okay, like you know how mad libs work. Yeah, and then I'll read the full story okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I need a place.
Speaker 4: Fast pro shop okay.
Speaker 2: An adjective.
Speaker 4: Lively okay, a place your mom's house.
Speaker 1: All right, another adjective, and a clothing item mental crop top okay, all right, an alcoholic beverage whiskey on rocks.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me write this down.
Speaker 1: Okay. I need an emotion sensual. Is that an emotion? Okay?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: And then I need another adjective black. Okay, I need a.
Speaker 4: Celebrity channing tatum.
Speaker 1: An expletive, so something you would yell out.
Speaker 4: I guess, oh expletive, stop it?
Speaker 1: Okay, got that?
Speaker 2: Uh another alcoholic.
Speaker 4: Beverage, oh, gin and tonic?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Animal panda bear obviously houses.
Speaker 1: Something like a drunken activity bowling verbornica. Okay, on an adjective and a liquid an adjective and a.
Speaker 3: Liquid uh, sexy and oil nooka.
Speaker 1: Okay, A slippery Now that means like something you'd slip on. It's not like an actual like thing. Oh butter, Oh, obviously, I need a plural body part, arms, past tense verb, and a vehicle.
Speaker 4: Ran nineteen eighty nine, Chevies twenty one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need an adjective dank, mythical creature, Oh.
Speaker 4: Mythical creature, unicorn.
Speaker 2: Great one? A snack food?
Speaker 3: Oh, cheese, it's okay.
Speaker 1: And then I think two more things. Uh, let's see.
Speaker 2: I need an adjective and a plural.
Speaker 4: Noun peanut butter wenus, No, that's.
Speaker 1: A random object, okay, and then that's a body part wenus all right. Okay, So I need an adjective and.
Speaker 4: A plural noun sharp tiger.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's your story You ready for it?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: That was chaotic and asks for way too many words? All right and is high? Was called a night out at the bass pro Shop. It started as a lively evening when my friends dragged me to your mom's house. I was stressed to impress in my gentle crop top oh yo, holding a whiskey on the rocks and feeling sensual. I was little. Did I know things were about to get black? What? I don't know? First Channing Channing, Tatum Walston yelling stop it while chugging a bottle of Gin and Tonic. Meanwhile, a band of bear wearing houses challenged me to a game of bowling, which I was obviously fornicating at miserably tracks bowling candy. Then out of nowhere, someone started a sexy fight for spill vodka. I tried to step in, but slipped on butter and landed in a pile of RS. Naturally everyone and the night ended with me writing a nineteen eighty nine Chevy Z twenty one so specific, driven by a dank.
Speaker 8: You court We'll clutching a bag of stolen cheese.
Speaker 1: Its now, I have a tattoo of peanut butter on my weienis and zero memory of how it got there. Moral of the story, never trust A sharp night out with tigers ra nice?
Speaker 4: Okay, I like it. That's sounds like a fun night.
Speaker 1: Actually, you should get a tattoo of peanut butter on your wenis.
Speaker 4: I have too many tattoos.
Speaker 1: Always said that, yeah you have.
Speaker 3: And it would be nice. Is a nice placement. You can just pull it out and hard people with your.
Speaker 2: Venus And that's okay, tm I we're gonna come back.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do our after actually we'll do trending and then we'll do our after school pop place.
Speaker 2: So yes, we'll have your chance to win.
Speaker 1: Moose Mountain passes over at All of Americallan and Today's Trending with Mellon and Cold on one on Katie w B. Brought to you by nicolay Law dot com. Costco is gonna stop selling books in five hundred of its six hundred stores in January, So I don't know if that'll hit the Costco stores here in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: But that saints. But wait, so just all books or like coloring books.
Speaker 1: Or like all books and book sales? All right?
Speaker 4: Are people just not buying books?
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's the reason, if it's taking up too maybe they don't make enough money on them and they're like, we could have something else there that would bring in more money. I don't know they're.
Speaker 3: Knowing environmentally friendly or there's just a bunch of people like you who just an audio book.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm sorry, I don't get environmentally friendly from the headquarters of samples in little paper cups that you throw away like that is to me. Nothing about Costco is environmentally friendly. But I also don't know overthinking about that business, So I don't know. Uh, I'm not surprised by this at all. You're not getting an upgrade on Delta. If you've been sitting around thinking I hope I get upgraded on Delta, it's probably just not gonna happen. It does not matter if you're a Delta sky Miles member, if you look nice.
Speaker 2: The odds are so low.
Speaker 1: The CEO recently pointed out that fifteen years ago, only twelve percent of people in first class had actually purchased that ticket, mostly because it was thirteen times more expensive than coach. Now, because they've lowered first class bears, only twelve percent of people there are upgraded. So basically, if you want a comfortable seat, you got to pay for it because the likelihood of you being upgraded is very low. I've been on the stand I've never been upgraded like ever. I think maybe one time, and actually I don't even know if I was.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of times I've been on standby and you get to first class and instantly they know you're not you don't belong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like I asked them. They handed me a hot towel. I was like, what is this for?
Speaker 1: And you started sucking the water out of it, like, oh, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: I was like, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: You're bathing your pits with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sick Jake who used to travel for work a ton and he would get upgraded sometimes because he was a solo traveler.
Speaker 2: Oh but yeah, never me.
Speaker 1: If you want a little combo of a little goat cheese and a little cold brew and donuts, well don't worry. They've launched a new cold brew and donuts coat cheese and it says the demand for adventurous goat cheese profiles and flavor mashups continues to increase year over years, so that's the new one. Okay, I don't want it. I and I'm open minded. I like goat cheese, but I don't need that in my life. Two big shows announced in the Twin Cities. If you didn't see I'm a little I'm glad everyone's gonna get the chance to see them. But one of my humble brags was always that I saw ACDC in concert and I would humble Brock because I felt like your odds of seeing them were pretty slim. Well, they're kicking off their first US tour in nine years the US bang Stadium. It's badass. They're so old. They're so old that Agus Young will still hobble across on one leg with this guitar.
Speaker 2: Guaranteed.
Speaker 1: It kicks off April tenth, so you'll be able to get your tickets.
Speaker 3: And then now, are they just like sitting in recliners or are they actually moving?
Speaker 1: The only one that moved again, I saw them over nine years ago, and the only one that moved was like, Angus Young.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a show that starts at four, right, I hope.
Speaker 1: So they've got to know their fans, like allow them to sit if they want the thing about ACDC though their music is so legendary. Young people like their music as well, called not just older people.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: And if you're a big fan of comedian Nate Bargatzi, he has three shows in Minnesota. This is cool. He's going to be in du Luth May eighth, Rochester June nineteenth, and then he'll reach the Twin Cities stop in Saint Paul July twenty sixth, So you know, just here for you. I'm all all that updates. Uh, did watch the new Lindsay Lohan movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, give it to Me? Was it great?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 1: It's a stretch, but it was good. It was less cheesy than a lot of holiday day recommendation. James downloaded it for the airplane and I caught him laughing at like one of the church scenes, so judging jah. Yeah, no, it was pretty cute. I would say check it out. It's free on Netflix if you pay. So why not one on one point three katiewb with Fallon and Colt and your Moose Mountain passes. With a pair of these, you can play a little pup putt over at Mall of America.
Speaker 10: Nice.
Speaker 1: It is nice. Maybe you haven't had a dating minute or maybe you just want to. Sometimes I've seen people do this where they have, you know, three plus kids, and they will because they you know, they realize kids don't get one on one time with a parent, so they just take one kid to.
Speaker 2: Go do something may get them one on one time. It's very nice.
Speaker 1: Whatever you wanted with the passes up to you could be a Christmas present for all I know. But you have to call right now sixty five to one, nine eight nine, Katie w B. And you're gonna basically answer some trivia questions. You get the most correct, you'll compete against someone else and you win. And it sounds easy in theory. So I believe in you. I think you can do it.
Speaker 3: It's a little intense, but we're not gonna judge your answers. Okay, that's not true.
Speaker 1: We absolutely have laugh answers because of their unexpected answers sometimes. Okay, So we're gonna get people on the phone at six five one nine eight nine kd WB.
Speaker 2: Hello, what's your name?
Speaker 10: Allison?
Speaker 1: Addison? All right, Addison, you're gonna be the first person playing today. Hold on one second, we're gonna grab your competitor. Hi, katiw B. What's your name? All right? Stephanie and Addison are playing today, so I'm gonna read you a trivia question. If you know the answer, you chime in with your name to answer, and the one who gets the most correct wins.
Speaker 2: Are you guys ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right? Question number one, it's a tru or false ones. We're gonna start off strong, true or false. The Lego group was founded in nineteen thirty two. Yes, Stephanie, true, that is correct, Stephanie Ayman hot.
Speaker 2: Question number two?
Speaker 1: What color is the x EX in FedEx ground? Stephanie, Yes, Stephanie read it is not red. Addison, what's your answer? Blue? It is not blue, it is green. All right, here we go our next question. What does the www stand for in websites?
Speaker 11: Seie?
Speaker 2: Yes, Stephanie worldwide.
Speaker 1: That is correct, and just like that, Stephanie our winner. Thank you for trying. Addison and Stephanie. You're gonna get a pair of Moose Mountain passes. Congratulations. Thank you, you're very welcome home. On one second, we'll grab your info. We're gonna come back and do it again we've did the past few weeks. You get ten seconds to rant about anything. Ten seconds set ten second rances. They were going Katie w B one on one point three, KATIEWB with fallon and cold.
Speaker 2: Your chance to just get it off the chest.
Speaker 1: You only got ten seconds. I do cut you off at the ten second mark. We call them ten second rants. Get it out of your way on Monday, so the rest of your weeknes go smooth. Okay.
Speaker 2: Do you want to kick us.
Speaker 1: Off cold, I'll kick it off your time starts now.
Speaker 3: Dude, establishments need places for me to put my coat. I don't want to carry my my large coat all the way, like all over your store, in the club whatever. We need more coaches, but up for free.
Speaker 4: Don't make me.
Speaker 8: Pay time time the club with the last time of your abs.
Speaker 3: We're gonna club. I went to the basement bar in June.
Speaker 1: Time he literally clings about so much. Okay, you ready for mine?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay? By time starts now. You know you think you're best friends with a person and they don't even text you on Thanksgiving? Like I thought of all the people I was thankful for, even included this person in a photoclage.
Speaker 2: Didn't text me on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Cult my time's up?
Speaker 4: Did I even comment on your photoclauge. No dang it.
Speaker 3: No, oh sorry, I was clocked out. I was hanging out with the family and my phone was down.
Speaker 1: I was hanging with my family too. Well, there's no chance you didn't look at your phone once on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: It was in a cupboard.
Speaker 1: Even if we're looking at it, you would think I wish the people in my life they care about a happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: I had it turned off on the desk.
Speaker 1: Don't believe you for a second, because when I texted you, it did not go through a greed.
Speaker 4: It went through the delivererates delivered.
Speaker 2: Oh so the lies continue. Six ' five one nine, eight nine.
Speaker 1: Katie w B is the number to call with your ten second rants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get it off your chest. This isn't dude, It's the season to be happy. Don't be all set. Get it off your chest right now. Vent a little bit.
Speaker 4: It's a good.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 1: On one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt, gonna try a little round of confessions. You know, it's funny on the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app, people will confess weird things to us. Sometimes I'm always like, I didn't even ask for that. It'll be like, IOK. They had to get it out. It was like a confessional.
Speaker 3: It is this weird like wormhole you're in because they just say something and then you can't reach out to them.
Speaker 1: You can't. That's the thing about the talk bag. Seconds you're like, I was crazy, Why did you leave that?
Speaker 4: You did what with who what?
Speaker 1: But we would prefer you actually call the show at six five, one, nine, eight nine KATIEWB. Obviously we can leave you completely anonymous. We won't ask your name, and you just reveal a confession. It's that simple. We'll do it in five minutes on KATIEWB one on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Cultu confessions. These are things you They don't have to be scandalous. By the way, it doesn't have to be like I steal money from my church. First of all, what is happening wild? You quit doing that? Well?
Speaker 4: Also, nope, nope.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be I'm cheating on my partner, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It could be like.
Speaker 1: Any type of confession, and this is.
Speaker 2: Not like church, so there will probably be judgment.
Speaker 1: But the good news is we aren't your family and friends, and it's a way for you to get things off of your chest exactly until we offer here on our show fell Cult on KATIEWB. So we have some people on hold ready to go for this at six five, one, nine, eight nine Katie w B. Okay, Dean, what is your confession.
Speaker 7: I gotta admit it's kind of weird, but it's what I do my process.
Speaker 1: I don't wait, you don't why what you know the counter? But you need explain a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Are you saying we we just the issue is we're too.
Speaker 2: This is what we get, this is what we get.
Speaker 1: We attract this. Okay. I do notice that we do bring out like a too much comfort and people Dean, like you're saying you never wipe your butt, Like the last time your butt was wiped was when your mom did it or what.
Speaker 7: I stopped doing it, like uh, and it's bad for the environment and it's a waste of liveing And honestly, my processes, like I always do it in the morning or right before I go to bed, so I always take a shower right after.
Speaker 1: So but there are always incidents like if you're like you're somewhere you have coffee, You're like, oh, I have to go, Like you're never gonna guarantee that you only go away.
Speaker 2: Okay, tag you're in.
Speaker 4: Okay, So do you use like a beday or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm saving up for that, right So, no, you don't because you're saving up for it. Okay.
Speaker 7: I mean taking a shower kind of is like a the day after, you know. But like also to answer your question about say, if I do have an emergency during the middle of the day, well, you know, my gut is very very queen.
Speaker 9: So everything comes in comes out.
Speaker 7: Not that's the end, you know.
Speaker 1: That's how it works. It goes in and comes out, and it's it's it's fecal matter. I like to put it the nicely like I just Dean, Dean, I need you to lock in.
Speaker 2: This is disgusting.
Speaker 1: This means you butt steaks guaranteed one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: There's no way it doesn't.
Speaker 7: No, No, I just told you, Like I what I used my usual processes.
Speaker 9: Right after I do the number two, I take a shower.
Speaker 1: I don't believe one second you only go once a day and you never go any I just don't buy.
Speaker 4: That, Dean. Prove it right now, take your hand, scratch a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be a part of that.
Speaker 4: And then sniff let me know.
Speaker 2: So, do you even have toilet paper in your house?
Speaker 1: Thin, Dean?
Speaker 3: No, dude, imagine one of Dean's I've been using socks something.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 9: Have you never taken a shower right after you did a number two without wiping?
Speaker 1: No, I gotta be honest. I still want to I'm not going to grease link to my shower.
Speaker 4: It just feels like a lot of work.
Speaker 3: And then also there's just there's gotta be particles in your bathtub.
Speaker 7: Everywhere.
Speaker 8: I don't ever want to do confessions again. Don't want to confessions ever again.
Speaker 2: All right, Dane, thanks, thanks for that.
Speaker 1: You have a great one.
Speaker 7: No problem.
Speaker 9: Thanks First, let me the truth.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know why. Please someone, anyone tell me this isn't normal.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Maybe he's onto something.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: He did say it's environmentally friendly. One saves time to cost effective.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's not environmentally friendly. No, it's not. I'm not I'm not paper.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't think this person texted in and said, isn't showering after every situation?
Speaker 2: Worse for the environment.
Speaker 1: And that's like you got hands there.
Speaker 8: It's not me guilty.
Speaker 1: This tech says, I'm a teacher and when I fart, I blame it on students. And honestly, that's that's a move that is I support that.
Speaker 4: If you're ever gonna use like your power position or whatever, that's what you gotta.
Speaker 7: Do it for.
Speaker 2: This person said we listen and we don't judge.
Speaker 1: I don't. I actually specifically think we did not say that. We said we will judge, but we won't share. You know, wait, did we say we wouldn't judge? I take it back.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just can't stop thinking about his bath. There's so many children's toys in my baths too. My bath just isn't clean as it. So if you just you can't be out there doing that, I don't know that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be able top that.
Speaker 1: If you have a confession, you can call six five one nine eight nine KDWB. Perhaps you just want to comment on Dean's confession because that will stick.
Speaker 2: With you just like is sent.
Speaker 1: We'll stick with it. You can text it five three nine two one k d WB one one oh one point three kd WB. The damage is done. We open up confessions for the first and last time on our show. Uh we did it a couple others on text. This one says, my confession is that I'm the go to person for my coworkers to vent and sometimes I stir the pot.
Speaker 2: And slip and say something I shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Whoopsie. This text says confession. Whatever my cousin needed a pooper pee, she would just do it in her pants because she was too lazy to go to the bathroom. So one time she was on our sofa and she peter her pants all over the sofa. I was five at the time, and she went to the bathroom and then she yelled, I can't pee. I can't pee what.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on in the household, who the parents are.
Speaker 1: But we talked to Dean a moment ago and he said he doesn't wipe. He said he never wipes. If he goes, he goes to the shower. And I'm like, I don't buy that, because you're not always conveniently by a shower, Dean, And he's like, I just don't want period, it's good for the environment. I'm like, you nasty people are texting in being a sick af nasty af and we have someone on the phone right now who wants to comment on that. What are your thoughts? That's disgusting, Like that's not okay.
Speaker 4: What would you do?
Speaker 3: Let's say you're dating a guy right things are going well, you love him, you introduce him to the family or whatever. But then all of a sudden you move in together and he starts doing that.
Speaker 4: What would you what would you do? Would you like just kind of turn a start doing.
Speaker 2: That's something you've been doing and hiding.
Speaker 7: I feel like that's just like such a red flag.
Speaker 9: That's just because like I enjoy taking a bath, like I love a good bath.
Speaker 10: They want to take a bath where this guy is just washing his ass right after he goes to the bathroom.
Speaker 7: Like that's gross.
Speaker 1: It's so gross. Like think about this, like I am disgusted by like a little tiny thing stuck to my dog. Now Dean is like a twenty four to seven grown man with hands that can white.
Speaker 2: It just is refusing me.
Speaker 3: He is wearing clothes, you know what I mean? Like it is it is contained.
Speaker 1: I don't want to fight with you today, Cale, I don't. I don't want to fight with you, and I think you're trying to want something.
Speaker 3: Okay, what if Dean had a Dean's designated area where you had two bass, I don't know, two showers, whatever.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're balling.
Speaker 3: You got two bass in your house, So what it would you be comfortable with that?
Speaker 4: I mean, it was basically.
Speaker 3: Like an extra large bidet.
Speaker 1: Just thirty dollars.
Speaker 10: I get that size of things. And if it was like a fully separate space that I never had to go into, it was.
Speaker 1: Like, no, I'm going to save you from this. You would not, you know why, because you're a grown adult. You know how to wipe your butt. It's disgusting, you.
Speaker 3: Know, some would say, some would are you though? If you're wiping, isn't that gross because then it's like all of your hands like you're kind of.
Speaker 1: You use toilet paper, right, but then you're washing?
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Do you use your hand?
Speaker 9: Hand?
Speaker 1: Do you use your hands?
Speaker 4: What's actually in the soap?
Speaker 2: Do you just admit to using only your hand to wipe your butt?
Speaker 4: That is the most effective way.
Speaker 8: I'm visually done. You're such a raw to little witch.
Speaker 4: I don't do that.
Speaker 3: No, But I'm just saying I'm just playing Devil's avocados here, Like, let's say someone's got to stick up for Dean's.
Speaker 1: No, I think we can as a society. Agreed, Dan needs to redirect.
Speaker 4: His approach to but he's a dirty doll.
Speaker 10: The toilet paper crisis isn't happening anymore.
Speaker 9: Thank you, go to the store and get some toilet paper. It's not that hard.
Speaker 1: Agreed. And also shout out to you say you love baths for me, it is officially baths season now that it is cold. Catch me in a hot bath frequently for sure. Absolutely, thank you for calling and for trying to keep some sanity around Cult and Dean.
Speaker 4: You guys are great. Wish right now, right.
Speaker 1: Now, it's the Pop Culture Minute with Selling.
Speaker 4: And Cult on one on one point three kd WB.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lynn. So, Meghan Trader, this has happened to a lot of people, and luckily botox does wear off. But in the meat it takes a minute and Megan Trader can no longer smile.
Speaker 2: She got too much botox.
Speaker 1: Oh what she talked about it on our podcast, But she tried to do a smile and like I havel smile and she's like I guys can't watch about docs.
Speaker 4: Basically, it's like when you go to the dentist and they give you like a nummies.
Speaker 8: It's like that.
Speaker 1: She already said she was gonna get plastic surgery and get her boobs done, you know, because she's had two babies and things happened to your boobs when you especially if you breastfeed, and okah, so she's like, I'm gonna get a boob job, but then she's like not. I can't smile, dude.
Speaker 4: It just feels like so much work to care, you know what I mean. It feels like it is so much work.
Speaker 1: I still do need to get in with the evil doctors that worked on Lindsay Lowen.
Speaker 2: Okay, Christina Aguilera, so.
Speaker 1: You know me, Demi Moore, don't cult well at okay, tell me what country are they doing this?
Speaker 3: Then tell me now, no, no, no, they're not doc. That's not Lindsay Lohan.
Speaker 1: Oh they're so you're in the Kristen Cavalieri vibes where you think.
Speaker 3: They're Yeah, it's one hundred percent. They switched her out. Okay, same thing with Kanye, that's what people say.
Speaker 1: I believe Kanye. I believe it because that he's depth totally different. Lindsay acts the exact same way. Well you can find actors have that good. Lindsay is a baby an Oscar Award performance. Speaking out, I did watch her new movie definitely recommend on Netflix. Very good and very fun and I love it. I get you have to. You can't tell me I'm gonna text your wife and watch this.
Speaker 4: I can't respect it.
Speaker 1: You have to respect it. Josh Allen proposed to Hailey Steinfeld, and it's I didn't know who he was. He's a a basketball player, he's a football player. And it's a beautiful engagement photo. I fall Haley because you know we've played her music before. I'm pitch perfect and stuff. But of course Travis Kelsey comments congratulations. In every comment, He's like you next, you next, your move, bro, trap your move?
Speaker 3: Did you imagine? Though, I'm mean they basically are married at this point.
Speaker 1: Well that's not true, but they did spend Thanksgiving to get together.
Speaker 2: Taylor has her birthday coming.
Speaker 1: Up, and this weekend is the final weekend of the Eras tour. And okay, this just made me laugh, by the way. You know how earlier in the pop Culture Minute, I mentioned that she gifted the Chief's owner like his this exclusive book with a handwritten letter today. Yeah okay, and they shared it.
Speaker 2: They were so excited.
Speaker 1: Spencer Pratt just shared the exact same one that fly a photo copy letter. She said to everyone.
Speaker 4: Now the assistant sending it out.
Speaker 1: But my point is the Chief's daughters are talking like, oh my god, you said the same thing.
Speaker 2: As Spencer Pratt from like Laguna Beet or.
Speaker 1: From the Hill.
Speaker 4: They probably don't even know who that is. They're probably is that our cousin.
Speaker 1: No, they don't know who that is. There's no way. If they do, they might know him as the weird hummingbird guy on TikTok. But that's about it. It was a huge weekend at the box office. Even though I did see Moana two as my whole family. I thought the movie itself was really great, like a good story, a little darker than the last one, so I could see where it could be scary for kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my kid got scared. Yeah, I came.
Speaker 3: I left one kid and I came to work and then walked around with my other child while she finished.
Speaker 1: Up with jen did you like be like groa upul be a baby?
Speaker 2: Do you say that to your kid? No, did you do something like where you're.
Speaker 1: Like, you go to owe me this money? And how much movie tickets are these days? Anything like that? Anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, but I did bring her to the vending machine and talk to her into getting some candy that we split together.
Speaker 4: So it was cool.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah. Well, I thought the music was like, oh, and I feel bad because like two women composers did it, and I wanted to support women, you know what I'm saying, but like they aren't. Let Manuel Miranda and you could tell. But the movie itself was good. Other than that was that weird?
Speaker 3: Well no, but it's like did they not offer him a bunch of money?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It was still the biggest Thanksgiving weekend ever. The movie just killed it bigger than Frozen two brought it a ton of money, and then now officially Wicked has brought in more money than Grease ever did, which is crazy, one hundred and seventy five million just like this like holiday weekend, making it over three hundred and fifty nine point three million for the total amount.
Speaker 4: Sick.
Speaker 1: That's why they split into two movies. Next year's gonna like touching again.
Speaker 3: Everyone's making money again, sept me awesome, love it.
Speaker 1: You really do find a way to make everything about your financial situation laterally thing. All right, that's cool, all right, that's your pop culture minute. We're gonna come back with animal encounters, a highlight of every week. All right, mate, I'm kd WB.
Speaker 2: One oh one point three KATIEWB.
Speaker 1: With Fallon and cults and your animal encounters, you can always text those in five three ninety two to one KATIEWB one.
Speaker 2: But obviously, like chatting with.
Speaker 1: He was just way more fun.
Speaker 2: You can call six '.
Speaker 1: Five one nine eight nine KWB. Here's some texts we got. My best friend's husband was taking out trash of their business. It was dark. He swore he heard something and looked up and saw beady eyes looking at him. Aw He got so scared he turned to run so fast to get away. He tore both of his achilles tendons. It was awful, and as it turns out, we were pretty sure it was just raccoons in the garbage. He still has not lived down raccoon jokes to this day.
Speaker 4: Dude, you tear both of that, How do you even get around anymore.
Speaker 3: You're sitting there, Yeah, he will role you are rolling around that dude, that's rough. I want to tell anybody. I would say, someone pulled a gun on me there mugging me. So crazy story you there, both achillies. You can just say it was a raccoon.
Speaker 1: You exaggerate every story anyway. That is what you do, and that's why your stories are so good. But also you change details each time you tell it. I would it's like a game of telephone with cult stories. I couldn't even imagine what it would.
Speaker 8: End up giving.
Speaker 4: That happens.
Speaker 1: You're my dad.
Speaker 8: My dad lies so much. He believes his own stories, especially as.
Speaker 1: He gets older. He literally believes he had a drink with Julia.
Speaker 8: Roberts at the airport.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, certain, Okay, this is crazy because I swear to god I saw Julia Roberts on a golf course one time.
Speaker 8: I know you.
Speaker 1: Didn't quib is about you, but my dad would be grace that you do. Were the same person. You're the younger version. How much? How many painkillers have you done?
Speaker 4: I had mountain dew today.
Speaker 2: Boom, there it is.
Speaker 4: You're addicted.
Speaker 2: Another text.
Speaker 1: We got this says, I got bit by a wallaby and my grandma's backyard.
Speaker 4: And hopkins a wallaby.
Speaker 1: Her neighbor was stealing animals from a petting zoo. Oh my god, and the wallaby got out. I was playing in the backyard and trapped it and bit me. The police showed up and found lots of animals the neighbor had stolen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is I did.
Speaker 3: I dealt with one person who stole animals one time, and it's when I was buying quill Smith, my hedgehog, and I walked into this guy's house and he had rainbow trout a little like you had the weirdest animal's cooy face, just.
Speaker 2: Going to casually walk past the name of your hedgehog.
Speaker 3: Well quill Smith, Prince Quilliam, and Bruce Quillis depending on the day.
Speaker 4: There are too many quill things you could do.
Speaker 1: I thought the dumbest thing ever was me naming my tree Keano leaves.
Speaker 8: But you might that's such a good.
Speaker 1: It's a huge fiddle.
Speaker 3: He's got it at you with That is an attag him in a HI I.
Speaker 1: Need to tag. I don't think he does social media though, that's the problem. But if you have an animal encounter. You can call six five one nine eight nine.
Speaker 2: Katie w B. What is your animal encounter?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 10: I have two cats and they are not good at catching mice, and so the one cat decided that she was going to catch and play with the mouth no yees.
Speaker 1: So I had a call.
Speaker 10: Luckily, my neighbor was home and he came over with big like welding gloves on to catch the mouse that my cat made friends with.
Speaker 1: Jerry, So your cat just wanted a friendful god.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was kind of sad, but the mouse had to go.
Speaker 1: That's fair. That's fair. It's like you either choose the house, you choose the mouse. Now, the cat might have given the choice chose the mouse, but I you know, you had to make that terrible decision yourself. I get it. Yeah, Hi, Katie w B.
Speaker 2: With your animal encounter story.
Speaker 11: So I walked into my bathroom and there was a snake in my toilet in I contacted my ground star, so I had to call my stepdad to help out, and he jumped out at him.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what kind of steak was it? Why was it in the toilet?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think he was a garden snake had.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's my biggest feeling.
Speaker 2: It is it's like everyone's biggest.
Speaker 3: People are always like, dude, just do a security flush, Like if you're scared about a snake.
Speaker 4: Security flush. That was then when I lived in Texas.
Speaker 3: That was like a thing like you flushed the to like, But my thing is like, if a snake is strong enough to like crawl out these pipes, the weak flush my toilet has isn't going to send them back down.
Speaker 1: Like what if you didn't look at that toilet first and you sat on it, Oh.
Speaker 11: My gosh, Oh my gosh, he would probably bite me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrifying.
Speaker 3: Now did your when when it lunged and like tried to bite down on your stepdad, were you like did he screamed?
Speaker 11: He was like, oh, he like grabbed it and like I grabbed it, Like he like started like like siggling around. I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: So, dude, what sold your stepdut like a hero in that moment when he like grabbed the snake Just like.
Speaker 11: He was a hero in that moment, I thought I was gonna die. I'm still traumatized by I don't like snakes.
Speaker 1: Anymore, Like toilets either would never be I would never feel safe to sit on a toilet again. Oh my gosh. Wow.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So now just every time before you sit down you don't know what's in there.
Speaker 1: No, you don't.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what was your name?
Speaker 3: Lily?
Speaker 1: Lily, thank you for calling and thank you. Yeah you are a survivor and thanks for holding for so long. We're gonna play your call next Monday.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, thank you, thank you, Lily.
Speaker 1: Bye o.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 1: Well it's one on one point three Katie WV with Fallon and Colt and your animal encounters. We got this text dead of night, sitting out on my aunt's patio in the country, middle of nowhere. I said, I think there's an animal out there. Two seconds later, a freaking cat comes out from behind the cars and just bopped on over to me and hopped onto my lap like it knew me, Like this was casual. That is an animal encounter. That my cats are real cozy, I'll accept that this one's a babboon. Did our rental car in South Africa still my mom's person. We all stood there and just watch, don't mess like they're like I'll see the GIRs all the time in different countries, and they like monkeys and baboons.
Speaker 2: They come up and they take your stuff.
Speaker 4: You don't think a baboon will smack you up.
Speaker 2: They will mess you up.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: They will absolutely come for you.
Speaker 1: Still taking calls at six, five, one, nine, eight nine, Katie w B.
Speaker 2: What's your animal encounter?
Speaker 9: When I was living in South Seattle, I heard all, he's knocking on my glass door and I come out there and there's a bunch of raccoons hanging off the back porch and I got to feed them.
Speaker 1: And obviously I would too well, So after a couple.
Speaker 9: Of months, I taught one of the ones to low five for cat food.
Speaker 4: That's sick.
Speaker 1: They're so smart, Okay.
Speaker 9: I mean I even got a picture of it, in a video of it, because no one believed me I taught a wild raccoon had a low five for cat food.
Speaker 4: I like it. It's your hobby too. I'm also I'm jealous.
Speaker 2: We all have a passion, and yours just training raccoons.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a joy. And the mother that was the most trained, she brought me her baby the next year when it was really cold there, and I fed her babies and it was one of those like spiritual moments that you'll never be able to put in the word.
Speaker 1: One oh one point three Katie W. B with Fallon and Cult. Time said one K wordplay your chance to win one thousand pennies if you'd like to call. It's a really quick, easy game and you could be one thousand pennies richer just by matching four words with either Colt or myself six ' five one nine eight nine KATIEWB to play good luck. One oh one point three Katie W B with Fallon and Cult. It is time for the one K wordplay. It's a new game we've been doing lately, and it is your chance to win one thousand pennies. You can call right now to play. But oh, sorry, too late, we already have someone on the phone. We do, Michelle, what's up to? Hey?
Speaker 9: You're doing good?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: How is today very good for Monday?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I know.
Speaker 1: It's the best you can do, especially after like a holiday weekend. Okay, Michelle. The first question in the one K word play is who would you like to partner with? Myself or cold? Is who you think you would do the best matching words with.
Speaker 4: I'll do you Phil, all right, great choice, great choice.
Speaker 1: That's a question.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: All right, get out of here, felling, she's leaving. I'm gonna give you this word. You just tell me one word in response. It could be like a word that first comes to mind or a word that you think found would associate said word with.
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The first word Christmas. Family, second word hammer, hammer.
Speaker 9: Ne'il.
Speaker 4: Next word is cat, cat.
Speaker 3: Neil, and the last word is snuggle, blanket, balloon.
Speaker 4: Bally, eli, oxen, breathe.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I think you're going to sync up on some of these. All right, okay, Now how do you feel you that, Michelle, you think you have confidence in Foulin or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think so?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so found.
Speaker 4: The first word is Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean my first thought is this is not my answer. IM just telling you what my first thought is. My first thought is tree, Christmas. Tree makes the most sense to me.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give you hints.
Speaker 1: I don't know Michelle's vibe though we didn't do anything to get on the same page. That tells me it's not tree. Family. You know it's not It's not family.
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's crazy. I felt there's I felt there's no Why did why did family come to mind? Because I'm telling you right now, tree is the first thing that came to mind for me.
Speaker 4: You're so syncd up right now?
Speaker 1: Okay we had to be, because I almost blurted out, well, I did say tree, but I was like, that's not my answer.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Next word hammer nail?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, that one makes sense to me, Michelle. Big money, big.
Speaker 4: Money, Okay. Next word cat.
Speaker 1: Cat cat cat cat cat like dog? Oh god, wait, I think it back me out. Yeah, was the first thing that came to mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, the next word. Next word is snuggle.
Speaker 1: Snuggle by.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, blanket. Oh that makes more sense.
Speaker 3: Dang it, I thought initially when I was writing it out, I saw a snuggle buddy.
Speaker 4: Oh so we are close? Are we in sync?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I said, Bunny, I feel like.
Speaker 4: We're in sink still.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds like we can finish each other's sandwiches. Yes, Michelle, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 9: I be good.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna hold fallon like personally?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Do you do you find a defensive that she just totally ruined your chance at one thousand pennies.
Speaker 10: No, it's okay, you guys, that was so fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I swear we've only had one winter so far.
Speaker 2: We got to get someone else.
Speaker 4: Say two nice things about Michelle.
Speaker 1: We were close, Michelle. I think it's honorable that when you heard Christmas you thought family and not tree. That makes you a much better person than me. And also, you just seem like a fun, good time and I hope you enjoy the rest of your night off of work.
Speaker 4: I feel like your breath smells not bad.
Speaker 1: Mine does.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think so.
Speaker 10: I had a lot of coffee though, but I think I'm okay.
Speaker 1: God, Michelle, I have a great night.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 3: One kg WB with Balan and colts. I don't think it warranted getting fat shamed. I'll say that, and I don't want to. I don't want to name drop. I want to say which hotel chain or motel chain, whatever. I don't want to say where it happened. But all I know is over Thanksgiving, I went to Milwaukee, narrow it down, not for pleasure to see family, honestly, all right, so.
Speaker 1: Rude, I don't know why now this, Please don't come for me I do get Milwaukee and Madison confused and can I explain just because I'm not from here. So like it's two of the most common m cities.
Speaker 3: Milwaukee is on Lake Michigan. Madison is kind of like more central.
Speaker 2: But I've been to one of them. Which one's closer?
Speaker 4: Madison?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I've been to the battle where you haven't been.
Speaker 8: The dumbest you know, always say that you asked the dumbest question. Sometimes I do.
Speaker 1: I do look at the mirror of falling. You're stupid.
Speaker 3: No, you're not stupid, Thank you so much. The workout of the hotel is stupid. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: What they do what they do.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I don't know why we get there, like midnight, family goes to sleep whatever.
Speaker 4: I wake up early five o'clock to go work out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, clearly I was working out and then afterwards I needed some protein. So I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna hit up there, free breakfast buffet. So I go down there, just me, nobody's up yet, get a plate whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm there chilling. The guy sees me, He's like, oo movie.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, cool, Yeah, thanks have Thanksgiving and yes, I was loading up at six am on Thanksgiving, okay whatever, Beside's.
Speaker 2: Point 'tis the day of stuffing.
Speaker 3: So then I go up to the room. First child wakes up. Y's like I want food whatever. I'm like, well, come down with me. She's like no, So then I go down again get a second plate. Guy sees me, he's like, oh, you're filling up. I'm like, I don't want to make small talk, so I'm like yeah, cool. So then I go up bring it to remy. Now the other child's a way she wants food.
Speaker 1: He's mad, you can't have that.
Speaker 4: So I go down get another plate. Same guy sees me.
Speaker 1: How many side plates were you doing? I know, Oh you're a liar. I know your game. You probably should like so many sausages he's down that throaty yours.
Speaker 3: My one child eats sausage like crazy. It's like she eats like grapes pops on her mouth. So I got like seven patties for my child. Yeah, he's like all right, whatever, So then I go up. Then Jen Jen has the audacity like normally I would fast, I would eat like a banana or something, but it is Thanksgiving, so like, can you go down and give me a plant, like that's it.
Speaker 4: Sure, whatever.
Speaker 3: So I go down and the guy's literally like, well, Jesus.
Speaker 1: Okay, keep the stock with you.
Speaker 3: Literally said, well, Jesus, not a sausage. He was like, I know it's free, but come on, I'm like, I have other people in my room now.
Speaker 4: He was like, no, no, no, no, whatever.
Speaker 1: Why aren't they coming down? You hold them hostage?
Speaker 3: Just yell that me in front of other patrons of the hotel. I didn't appreciate.
Speaker 1: Other people probably were complaining because there's no food left when they went to the buffet.
Speaker 4: Eggs are soggy.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Okay, YELP, no one asked for your review.
Speaker 8: It's a hotel buffet, would you expect.
Speaker 3: I didn't like to be belittled by the hotel worker. It was like, dude, come on, I'm just trying to feed the family.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm actually on his side. I know for a fact, because I know you. You lie to your family all the time about your eating habits. You literally are so you hide what you eat. You hide it like.
Speaker 3: A raccoon, hid shamed by hotel workers people alike.
Speaker 1: So I bet you one thousand dollars each plate you went down for you got two eight little Snacki's.
Speaker 3: On the way back to the second time, and I went down and did have a waffle. Yeah, but that's not it wasn't every time.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Today's trending with Fellon and cold.
Speaker 1: On one on one Katie, brought to you by nikolay Law dot com. We have some pretty cool events that were just now it's coming to the Twin Cities. ACDC is kicking off their first US tour in nine years at us Bank Stadium, and I realized we're not like the a CDC station, but there are legends. It's like one of those bucket list bands. Yeah, they're going to be at us Bank Stadium April tenth, and it's pretty cool that we're kicking it off. By the way, I just.
Speaker 3: Can't even believe that they're like still walk like still walk well, I mean just like still able to perform. That's like takes a lot out of you there. Yeah there.
Speaker 1: When I saw them, which if that's their first one in the US and nine years, I must have seen them ten plus years ago longer than that, because I saw him when I was in Indiana. I mean it was about like twelve fifteen years ago, it was I mean I thought they were old then does that mean them? Yeah?
Speaker 4: The stand ins doubles Now it's them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also a comedian, Nate Bargatzi.
Speaker 1: He's coming three times to Minneapolis, hitting to luth may As, hitting Rochester June nineteenth, and the Twin Cities here in Saint Paul July twenty sixth. So funny. Every time I see one of his clips, he just makes me laugh so much. I just love it.
Speaker 3: And he's so clean too, exactly Is that funny without having to be like provocative.
Speaker 1: Or I know we should try that.
Speaker 4: I know we can't just feel lame. That suck.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Animal Encounters is not super provocative except for the one bear encounter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got sexy, but that's whatever.
Speaker 1: It's just impossible for us to not be sexy. We drip, we ooze sex.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's like natural.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta lock in, we got to focus.
Speaker 4: Sounds like we have a syrup bottle of just sexy.
Speaker 1: Okay, gross, that was so really gross. So Sticky Costco says it's going to end book sales in five hundred of its six hundred stories in January. I'm not sure if that's here in Minnesota. By the way, he's gasping for giggles over there.
Speaker 3: Well, what crazy, Like, let's get rid of the books? Like it's just crazy? Are we just no one's reading anymore? I guess probably not.
Speaker 1: Well you have to do the math. Are people spending enough on the books for them to spill up like voluble space? Or can they put a couple of trigger grills there?
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, why read a book when you can just read captions on TikTok?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? That that that is reading? Still right? Correct?
Speaker 1: It is? I mean you're not getting smarter probably, But I mean at this point all of our brains are we rewire and we're all just sheep?
Speaker 2: Right men?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, have a god. That's you're trending. Brought to you by nikolay law dot com. I told you about costco and shows coming to the Twin Cities. That is what's trending.
Speaker 4: All right, Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: The Smile of the Day on one oh one point three kd w B. I want to do more of these, so it could be something simple like you've been going to school forever and you finally got your degree, and you finally got your first job. Whatever you want to be, because I think in the month of December we're looking for more things to smile about. It's like a just a sentimental time. So you can email those two fallin fali In at katiewb dot com.
Speaker 2: This woman, she is a story we got.
Speaker 1: She's retired and she's known for giving free rides to those in need. While you probably know where this is going, she does this like selfless mission. It started in the neighborhood app next door, and she's connected with all these people like this woman named April who battles ovarian cancer and a guy named Kevin who's blind, and we're lies on her for rides to work. So despite her own financial struggles and her let's be honest, bad car, she never stopped helping others. Well, a car dealer found out about it and they were like, you know what, let's make her mission safer and easier, and they gave her a new car.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was so nice.
Speaker 1: She was overwhelmed with emotion and she said, you know what, I'm still going to be taking Kevin in April to their appointments, and I'm going to take them to their doctor's appointments and work and continue to look for people on nextdoor who need to ride.
Speaker 4: That's so nice.
Speaker 1: It's so nice.
Speaker 2: That's like the nicest thing ever.
Speaker 4: And it was local in the area. Sometimes I need to ride.
Speaker 1: Okay, not about you.
Speaker 7: Not