Speaker 1: You're listenings KFI AM six forty. The Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f.
Speaker 2: It's one of two things.
Speaker 1: It is either a come on, Bill, you get paid real money for doing what you do, give me a break, or gee, you should get a lot more money than you do, considering the commercials and considering the show and the ratings.
Speaker 3: Who says that? Nobody says that.
Speaker 2: Occasionally?
Speaker 3: Nobody says that.
Speaker 1: Well, occasionally the guy in the mirror says that, Well, there you go, and now handle on the news.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle. Good morning everybody, Bill Handle here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Funday fun day today Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, on November twenty seven. All right, first, let's say hello to one and all other than Neil, who is not here, who will be here tomorrow doing his traditional Thanksgiving call in let me help you cook show.
Speaker 2: And he'll be here from six to nine. Amy, you are you are not here tomorrow? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I am here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: How do you do that on a Thanksgiving? Well, because you're lady here by you know six am? So well, oh no, you're ready here at ten thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm going to stick around and be here with Neil.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, I said, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Oh we're talking turkey, and I'm going to bring my craft miracle whip, jello salad.
Speaker 2: Oh those are I love those? You do?
Speaker 3: Did you hear the recipe that I did during wick up call?
Speaker 2: Is it with cottage cheese?
Speaker 3: And no, it's it's a jello and miracle whip and apple sauce and cranberries.
Speaker 1: That actually sounds really good. And can you do it in the shape of a bunkcake?
Speaker 3: Pretty much? I got a really cute little mold for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to make that and bring it in and Kno and I are the only ones here tomorrow morning, so we're gonna eat it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well I once did that.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately it got real mold and yeah, I know it was OK. Yeah, I mean, I just I like that. I love gell At molds. I always have with the crunchies the walnuts in there, so you get a nice crunch to it. Yeah, all right, So anyway, wake up call tomorrow and and.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a lot of fun. By the way, so they should we have to get up early.
Speaker 1: Nothing serious, it's not the stuff we do that, your life is over and you might as well just kill yourself now before the end of the show kind of stuff, which we're actually not going to be doing much of that today either, because it's prior to Thanksgiving in.
Speaker 2: Any case, So tomorrow is going to be just a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: So Amy will be here, and then Neil answers the questions for Thanksgiving because people always have questions last minute cooking tips they need.
Speaker 2: And good morning, good morning, Bill. And you're not here tomorrow. No, I am not good for you. Are you working Thanksgiving Day?
Speaker 3: No? Thanksgiving Day? I'm sorry, tomorrow is Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's what I'm saying. Are you working? And you said no, not, I'm sorry, not here at so far?
Speaker 2: Going on so far?
Speaker 1: No, okay, that's that's what I was going I did not make myself very clear.
Speaker 2: How unusual, because that never happened here on this year.
Speaker 1: I knew, man, cono, good morning morning. What was the conversation we were having Cono.
Speaker 2: Had to do with? Uh? Exactly? Men excitement, Men excitement, that's correct. Uh, and still give me some tips.
Speaker 1: I did not give you tips. I don't even have a tip left right to give you, Uh, it's anyway. I think at some point we'll share that it has to do with uh you know, viagrasid NFL and how old uh you know people are and cono. And I didn't know this, by the way, young people and I know Kno parties or did party as I partied like crazy, and I didn't know that young guys actually take Sidenta phil and you know, as in your twenties, why would you take that? Andskno pointed out, you know, there's sometimes when you're pretty ripped and you still and you still would like to get it on. And one of the lovely things about for example, cocaine. I don't know if a lot of you did this, but when I had four year I did four years of cocaine straight through. Didn't get an direction for four years. I don't know if you know that that's what happens with the cocaine. And that was I have gotten one since, by the way, and that was a lot of years ago.
Speaker 3: But is this our Thanksgiving Day?
Speaker 2: It is? It's our Thanksgiving day, Viagra. Let's have some Turkey.
Speaker 3: Days, I know. Isn't it funny how we all look up at the clock and go when does it start? Oh it's six o eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, oh god.
Speaker 1: That's so funny because we when at that point Clear Channel now called it I heard, bought this place, bought the radio stations. They had an HR person come out literally almost the first day, and they held all of programming, and there was this lady who came out and on the whiteboard started writing stuff we couldn't say.
Speaker 2: You can't say this, you can't say that, you can't say this. That raised my hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and those days show opened at five. We did five to nine, and I said, Hi, the show opens at five oh six. By five oh eight, half of those have already been said, Oh.
Speaker 2: You can't do that, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: So then I threw out a completely offensive statement, Hey, I have a contract. What you gonna do? I think she's gone by the way because they get rid of HR. I don't think because there is no HR anymore here. All right, guys, enough of that, I'm ruminating.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. You're ready? Oh a nice sweatshirt? Howdy howdy? How do you do that? Do you take that? When you go line dancing?
Speaker 3: I don't line dance.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, Jennifer did remember just you know your predecessor, Jennifer.
Speaker 2: She lived for line dancing, line Jennifer, Jennifer. Is I not that you're not good?
Speaker 1: I have to say this, but Jennifer, what I loved about Jennifer is that she was she is was genuinely white trash. I mean on a level that is almost incomprehensible. And what I love about Jennifer she owns it. She will tell you she's white trash and loves it.
Speaker 3: She's up north, she is living in Red California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's northern California.
Speaker 1: You know, dealing with cows and chickens and you know people who.
Speaker 2: Do that, which I don't understand.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, you ready to do this on the day before Thanksgiving and with a little bit what's going on next Tuesday, as Amy shared with you, Let's do it, guys, handle on the new Amy and Me lead story. Fire looks like a ceasefire has I guess it's already kicked in in Israel and Lebanon with Hesbelah, and I think I knew this was going to come because Israel is kicking the crap out of Lebanon, even attacking beay Root and starting to take out large swaths of beay Root. And remember Hesblah went into this fight not because there was an issue with Israel. They don't have an issue with Israel, or didn't to this level. They did it just as solidarity to the Palestinians, to people in Gaza. Well, that cost them some money, That cost them three thousand or so lives, that cost them a few hundred million dollars worth of destruction. And maybe you know what, maybe it's not worth it. Oh, those horrible Israelis. You know, war crimes. Okay, all of that. In the meantime, you can yell war crimes after of course, you're unloading two hundred missiles a day in Israel all you want, But at the end of it all, you're the ones that have thousands of people dead, and you're the ones that have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars rebuilding.
Speaker 2: So reality hit them in a big way, all right.
Speaker 3: Trump's team has finally signed on the dotted line. President Elect Trump's team signed an agreement with the White House that unlocks key transition briefings and activities. They were supposed to have signed the agreement back on October first, but kind of missed that. Incoming White House Chief of Staff Suzie Wilde says, the engagement allows our intended cabinet nominees to begin critical preparations, including the deployment of landing teams to every department and agency, and complete the orderly transition of power.
Speaker 2: Did you know they have to sign documents to that effect? I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't until this year.
Speaker 2: I know they have to.
Speaker 1: I guess there has to be some written memorandum where they.
Speaker 2: Come in interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: And so the Trump the Biden administration is doing it, doing it far differently than the Trump administration did with the transfer of power to Biden and so and at THESA on this level, we're back to normal on this.
Speaker 2: At this point, with this, only with this, not with much else.
Speaker 3: DEI is done at Walmart's Walmart is curbing some of its diversity, equity and inclusion programs. It says it is ending racial equity training programs for staff and then also evaluating programs that were increased to are designed to increase supplier diversity. Walmart has been working to increase the number of suppliers that are at least fifty one percent owned or managed by a woman, A minority, a veteran, or someone who is LGBTQ in the last few.
Speaker 1: Years, I'm going to do. This is seven o'clock. The pendulum has swung and I'm oh, this is fascinating. Walmart rolling it all back. Have you seen you know, I don't know if you've seen their commercials yet where they have a new slogan, We're all white and we're proud of it.
Speaker 2: Shop at Walmart.
Speaker 3: That is not a real ad.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't write ads for Walmart or work for their agency either.
Speaker 3: A bit of a tit for tat between the US and Mexico. Of course, President elect Trump posted earlier this week on truth Social that he planned to sut twenty five percent tariffs on both Mexico and Canada, and then an additional ten percent on China if they don't do more to stop the flow of drugs and migrants across the border. The President of Mexico, Claudia Sinbaum, has said that she is willing to engage in talks on these issues, but said drugs are really a US problem, not a Mexico problem, and suggested Mexico could slap back with tariffs of its own against the US.
Speaker 1: They probably will. It's going to be a reciprocity. That's what you're going to see. You're going to see a ten percent tax and then right back a ten percent tax.
Speaker 2: If you've ever traveled, I remember.
Speaker 1: Once going to Chile with the and there was a big sign that literally said Reciprocity, Reciprocity, Recippricity Office. And there were a list of all of these countries on a sign, and then there was the amount of money in US dollars, and some countries had zero, some countries had one hundred dollars, some countries had two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: And what those were or visa charges.
Speaker 1: The US charges Chilean citizens two hundred dollars to come in. They charge US two hundred dollars to go there. And you're going to see that happen. Ten percent tax on these goods, ten percent tax.
Speaker 2: On those goods. By the way, there will be tariffs.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot to be said about making it an even Stephen playing ground, playing field. But your prices are going to go up. Believe me, inflation is coming back. You can't raise terrofts. Oh, by the way, when President Trump former or President Trump about to be says, we're going to make these countries pay this tax. The countries don't pay the tax. You know that, it's the manufacturers. Here's the importers that pay the tax. In other words, you buy a product. Let's say you have a manufacturer that buys steel and it's X dollars per ton coming in from China, and you have an American car maker that's using the steel to manufacturer cars.
Speaker 2: China is going to pay. No, they're not.
Speaker 1: It's the car manufacturer is going to pay ten percent more.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the reality.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: You can agree or disagree.
Speaker 1: But if you think only the countries are going to pay and you're not, you are crazy.
Speaker 3: Trump has tapped anion. President elect is tapping doctor j Baticharia, who is a Stanford University health researcher, to be the next director of the National Institutes of Health. He would then team up with RFK Junior, and the Trump said that those two will restore the NIH to the gold standard of medical research. The NIH is the world's largest public funder of biomedical research.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what that means. Are they going to now not do the research?
Speaker 1: Now? The NIH did go overboard as a federal government did when it came to COVID, they did. The pendulum is swinging and has swung. And we'll go back to that because there's you know, as much as I hate to say, with all these cabinet picks, some of them make sense and there is some there's some good reasoning behind why.
Speaker 2: These people did what they did.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll go into that later on because right now, not only as it complicated, but I don't even understand it well life.
Speaker 3: What I was just going to say, it's notable that you're saying some of Trump's picks, then they're making sense that doctor Bodicharia was one of the authors of the Great Barrington Declaration, which called for speeding herd immunity by allowing people at low rest to get infected with COVID nineteen while protecting the most vulnerable like the elderly.
Speaker 1: Well. Jim Keeney I said, kids are not nearly as susceptible to COVID as adults are. So you know, there's a little bit of truth to everything, or on this show, there's no truth to anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you're a Gibson guitar fan, Amy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Customs is playing a new tune when it comes to guitars. So thousands of fake Gibson Electric guitars have been seized by US Customs and Border Patrol. It's a multi million dollar counterfit operation. The guitar were found at the Port of Los Angeles, again, three thousand of them that had a value of over eighteen million dollars if they had been real. Fed say, it's the largest seizure of counterfeit products from the music brand and possibly the biggest crackdown on fake musical instruments in history.
Speaker 1: No, there's a good chance that whenever you buy any kind of memorabilia, particularly sports memorabilia, it's all fake and the authentication is fake, and people paid big money.
Speaker 2: It's a huge problem.
Speaker 1: I don't buy authentic non authentic, Yes, authenticated, thank.
Speaker 2: You, that's the word.
Speaker 1: Okayd stuff, because I know even that is not generally authentic.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Disney asked to fork over a whole lot of dough. They did a forty three million dollars settlement. Here's the deal. There was a lawsuit filed in twenty nineteen. Lauranda Rosmussen says that she found out that six men who had the same job title as she did, earned a lot more than she did, including one guy who had several years less experience and was making twenty thousand dollars more a year than she did. So she files the loot the lawsuit, and then about nine thousand women joined in. Right, Disney says, those allegations are false. They did not admit fault in the settlement, but they'll pay that out. And then also we'll have to hire a labor economist to analyze pay equitymy among full time non union California workers.
Speaker 1: All right, so think of the size of this settlement. Forty three million dollars. This is change between the cow couch cushions at Disney at forty three million dollars.
Speaker 2: And so I just wanted to point that out.
Speaker 1: And of course their normal, you know, Babbel, We've always been committed to paying our employees fairly and have demonstrated the commitment and throughout this case, and we are pleased to resolve this matter. Okay, yeah, always committed, Yes, maybe not.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the math does on this. It's less than five thousand dollars a person. Yeah, and that's without an attorney fees, which that's what thirty yes, so that's about twenty five hundred bucks a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, it's okay to go in the shower.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: A professor professor of urology at Cedar Sinai in Los Angeles says, when it comes to going number one in the shower, it's generally safe for both men and women.
Speaker 1: Okay, right there, we can stop, okay, survey says, and P in the.
Speaker 2: Shower, yes or no?
Speaker 3: I have before?
Speaker 2: You have before?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fairly okay that sort of quip the Google amy P in the shower.
Speaker 3: I have before, but do not make a standard practice of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kono P in the shower every single time.
Speaker 1: There you go, guys, just do that now, ipe not only in the shower, ipee, getting into the shower and getting out of the shower.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, there's one place I don't pee is in the toilet because I'm always missing. So why bother who doesn't pee in who doesn't pee in the shower? I pee in swimming pools. Doesn't the warm water like isn't that?
Speaker 3: But like biology doesn't it make you pea?
Speaker 2: I just you know, put warm water?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, come on how how uptight do you have to be if you don't pee in the shower?
Speaker 2: Give me a brick, you know that? Okay, here we go. I'll tell you right now. And I'm just pulling out a that I looked at this because of course it's a great topic.
Speaker 1: There is a study that was done and that is the majority of women who don't pee in the in the shower don't have orgasms.
Speaker 2: Did you know that that is not true? Okay, well, there you go. Why don't we move on from there?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Good idea Dickies is done?
Speaker 2: Well, there you go. What a great segue to that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dickies is one of the best known workwear brands in the country. It's moving its headquarters from Fort Worth, two Coast to Mesa.
Speaker 2: Wow, who does that?
Speaker 3: I know who's moving into California. But they want to be closer to streetwear icons like Vans, which is its sister brand.
Speaker 1: Still, that's pretty unique. That is news. A company moving into California is big news. Companies moving out of California, we would do nothing but our lists of them for three hours straight.
Speaker 3: Here's an arrest about twenty years in the making. An animal rights extremist who's been wanted in the US for bombings in the San Francisco Bay area twenty years ago, has been arrested in Britain. He's one of FBI's most wanted fugitives. He was picked up on Monday in Northern Wales. He was ordered held in custody after appearing in court and faces extradition.
Speaker 2: Get two, oh, he'll be extradited.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Two bombs were planted that they exploded about an hour apart back in two thousand and three on the campus of a biotech company in Emeryville.
Speaker 1: You know, I've always wondered that when you have people on the run for twenty years, for example, and clearly they have to use a false name, false identity and false backgrounds, what do they do when.
Speaker 2: They get old and retire without.
Speaker 1: Any pensions or financial backing or whatever. And what kind of job do they get because they can't prove they've gone to university, for example, because it's all under a separate name. Just wondering, I guess you know, there's not a lot of future and being on the run for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Years, is there?
Speaker 1: And then looking over your shoulder every two minutes, although by the end of twenty.
Speaker 2: Years, maybe you get a little comfortable with who you are.
Speaker 3: Remember Whitey Bulger, Yes, he was on the run for how many years?
Speaker 2: Twenty five years?
Speaker 1: Santa Monica, Yeah, Santa Monica and it was yeah. And I think he's now in prison. Is he still around because I know he got life imprisonment.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Has he died yet?
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't either.
Speaker 3: It may have been more than an accident. It could be sabotaged. German leaders say that that fiery cargo plane crash, Actually it wasn't last week. It was just Monday. It was on its way from Leipzig, Germany. It was supposed to land in Lithuania and it crashed a few kilometers from the runway, skid it on the ground and ran into a house. One person was killed. German Chancellor Olaf Schulz says the cause of the crash needs to be investigated, but we won't make an accusation until we can prove it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will. I think fingers are playing towards Russia. I think Russia now it's basically been declared a rogue nation by most of the world. All bets are off with Putin. I think he'll do virtually anything everything. It's going to be rough. Okay, here's something that's also kind of rough for those of us that are really into architecture here in southern California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Raisin Caines is killing an la icon You know the Norms.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Losiena guy, you bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's closing and in its place will be Raisin Canes. So they'll be there until their lease runs out and then the Raisin Caines will go in in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's a shame. It is it is that is iconic film's been doing that.
Speaker 1: There was a documentary film that I was involved with many many years ago on surrogacy surrogate parenting, and it was me talking to a couple of doctors.
Speaker 2: About the practice and what we did this very early days.
Speaker 1: We were sitting inside that Norms and they were videoing it, filming it for outside, and we had the mics on us, the Laveler mics. I mean, it was so iconic because that's Los Angeles. And at least I don't think they're going to destroy the building. I think the building stays the same. It's just going to see Canes instead. Of norms on that sign, which is in and of itself iconic.
Speaker 2: This is terrible. This is absolutely terrible because this kind of this kind of architecture is just Los Angeles. What they call it googie? Is that the way it's pronounced googie architecture? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, and I have to correct something. Whitey Bulger is dead. He was killed in prison in twenty eighteen. Oh, okay, just a side note. Okay, And Uber EAT's driver was about to deliver. Well, she thought it was a burrito, but it was something completely different. So she's in New Jersey making a deliver. It's supposed to be a burrito meal, a foil wrapped burrito, a box of soup mix, and a bottle of water. But as she's driving, she's like, hmm, something smells a little funny. So she pulls over. After getting that unmistakable odor of a cannabis product. She called police. An officer inspected the package. Not a burrito meal, no meat, no let us, no beans or rice. It was just an ounce of pot, which is no big down here.
Speaker 2: We're saying an ounce of pot.
Speaker 1: You're wrapped up in a burrito that's basically five joints.
Speaker 2: There's not very much there. What am I missing here?
Speaker 1: A burrito full of pot is a lot more than an ounce of pot.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't smoke, marijuanaiymore. Let's go to an expert. Kono. I don't either. Oh stop it, I don't all right, Amy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, not for like twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Uh? All right and no, no, all right, there's no way to verify any of that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, here's something that we can verify. This is sad. Not only is Norms closing. Blue Man Group is closing down. They're ending their shows in New York after more than thirty years. Have you ever seen them? I have?
Speaker 2: Are they I still think they're in Are they in Las Vegas?
Speaker 3: That's where we saw them.
Speaker 1: I think they're great. I still think they're in Las Vegas. It's one of the most unique shows.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been in New York and Chicago for years and years. But then they're shutting down after thirty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were saying, but you can always see him in Las Vegas. They're still there and it is pretty unique. All right, let's end it with this story.
Speaker 3: John Tennis Wood is no longer the world's oldest man because he died he was one hundred and twelve.
Speaker 2: That's pretty old.
Speaker 1: I thought the oldest person was like one hundred and twenty or something, but that's not true. I think the oldest one on record was this woman in Spain. It was one hundred and seventeen when she died. So now I think people are dying early instead of one hundred and seventeen, they're dying at one hundred and twelve. Yeah, are just yeah, they're just completely collapsing and what they look like.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, that's a good run though, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a pretty it depends.
Speaker 1: I mean when they asked him what kept him alive for so long, he said break dancing, which is pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Good for him, all right.
Speaker 1: KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.