Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and we're going to have some fun and it's always fun. We have oldies and Goodies car Club in here. Today we have Neil and John here with us. Hey doing guys, good morning, great, excellent, thank you, well wonderful. You know, it's always great to have you around this time of year because we know that in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: There's going to be a car show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we got cooking well so our car sold this year like last year, of course, is September twenty first. We'll be in Dewey and we've got guests like our normal car show, but we're going to have a lot of things going on, and one of the primary things, I guess, we want to make sure that we invite all the unity out, bring the kids out, have a great time. September twenty first should be a really nice weather date and we should have a lot of fun and see some beautiful old cars and some new cars, because everybody's invited doesn't have to just be old cars.
Speaker 2: Now, Neil, I see we've got a new category here.
Speaker 4: We do this year we're going to add motorcycles every year. We have a couple people that say, why don't you let motorcycles come? So we're hoping to see some good Harley's and custom cycles and whatnot.
Speaker 5: So it should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: And they always make a lot of noise too, so we're looking forward to having some motorcycles there.
Speaker 1: Now I understand that we're going to have all kinds of things to benefit local charities.
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 3: Well, we are oldies and good as Car Club is a five to one C three. We're a nonprofit organization and every year everything we do we give back to the community. We have a ton of sponsors this year and Electricity Credit Union in some of those that they're tremendous and they really support us, but we give the money back. For example, we give to the Journey Home, we give to the museum in Dewey, the hotel in Dewey, and then we give to multiple other charities throughout the year and then according around Christmas time, around the holidays.
Speaker 2: Neil, how do we get involved with this? How do we sign up? Is it a hard thing to do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: It is for me, but for most people it's pretty easy. There's a preregistration you can find some information on our Facebook page Oldies and Goodies Car Club or the day of the show September twenty first registration from eight to eleven. Preregistration's twenty dollars. Registration on the day's twenty five, which is pretty normal registration fee. So yeah, come on down and if you need help filling out the form, I'll find somebody that can read and write and help you.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I understand your telephone. Can do you have that QR code there?
Speaker 4: You've got to be smarter in me to use a QR code. Well, yeah, a lot of people know how to do that, so it's all there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it baffles me how that works, but how it does, it doesn't steer you clear anything.
Speaker 2: Now, we got some prizes. What are some of the prizes we got.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, we have a lot of door prizes that are given by the community businesses that we hand out during the show all during the show, and then we have we're having a big raffle this year for a toolbox that was given or some tools that was a faculty tool company here in town. And you can buy raffle tickets to win that and we're having that sort of thing, and then we have the High five, what we call the High five for the we have a top twenty of the car show, and then we have the High five and the High Five. The top guys get a really nice award and cash, so for the top for the top cars, they come out. It's really a nice deal.
Speaker 2: Now, is this an all day event or is it?
Speaker 4: We'll try to be done about two or three, so it'll last most of the day, depending on part. It's really hard, it's really hot, and we'll get done a little early.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's pretty much all day.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is gonna be a lot of fun. And it's right downtown where everything is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in old town downtown, do we Yeah, all right. It's really a nice venue.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: And Dewey City really supports us and other car shows too. We really appreciate their help and they help us get set up and everything, and they're great to work with.
Speaker 1: It all fits because you know, we're bringing in these classic old cars and when you go to Dewey it looks like you're going kind of back.
Speaker 2: To the fifties and sixties. Yeah. Absolutely, and they're very proud of that.
Speaker 1: I mean that it tells you a lot about the culture, tells you a lot about how folks really just kind of take it easy and live their lives just nice and for you.
Speaker 2: I guess that's why they called Dewey America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you get these, you get these marvelous machines out there out there downtown.
Speaker 2: It's it's got to be just a beautiful picture.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing, if you don't mind, that I could point out is that Oldies and Goods Car Club. Of course, we have a lot of guys with old classic or muscle cars and that and antiques, but we will make sure that the public knows that we also have goodies in our name and those with cars that they love. Whatever car that may be, no matter how old or new, they're very welcome to bring it to the car show.
Speaker 4: So one of the fun things we like to do is we give an award to the car called most likely to outrun the cops. Now we don't suggest they do that or try that, but it's kind of one of the fun things we do. And if possible, we get the chief of police to come down and help us do that. And so we try to We've got some awards that are done strictly on judging, and then we have some ones that are fun awards. And the women also pick a car, the women's favorite car.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Here you go, ladies choice. This is fun for everyone. And you know something, kids really.
Speaker 1: Like this stuff, because they said, you really, they really have cars like that back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I remember taking my little guys when they were about knee high.
Speaker 2: He said, so you had cars like that that were really cool. What happened?
Speaker 1: I said, well, you know, things happened, things changed. Yeah, but what happened? I mean, these are cool. Well, you know, it's life in America.
Speaker 3: It's amazing how the young kids really enjoy these old cars.
Speaker 2: Oh they do. They take a look at that. They think they're marbles. They said, my gosh.
Speaker 4: And we will also gladly accept people that bring their brand new Corvettes and Challengers and so forth out. So we basically it's open to if you love your car, bring it out.
Speaker 1: Those still have the spirit of the oldiest you ask me, they still have the spirit. Man.
Speaker 2: You know what, this is not what you call a cheap hobby, is it? That was not?
Speaker 5: I got that one quick Yeah, don't tell my wife.
Speaker 1: So everybody, when I see the cars on display, everything is just spit shined, Everything is looped, everything is ready to go.
Speaker 2: You can't even find dirt on the tires.
Speaker 5: No, you can onmine.
Speaker 4: But most people take a lot of pride in how their cars look, not only how they drive and how they perform, but how they look. And so yeah, spick and span.
Speaker 2: It's going to enjoyed to have those around that.
Speaker 3: Speaking speaking of the display of cars, I think I need to point out that they're Our club is a very old and good club. But it's been around for many years and we have a lot of nice cars. But those members will have their cars there, but our membership car will not be judged. It will only be non member of cars that will be judged. Yeah, and so we've been this is our thirty seventh car show and we're believed to be the oldest car club in the state of Oklahoma. And so we're very careful to not be caught judging a car that we know or that belongs to the club.
Speaker 2: So you guys keep everything front and center, don't you. Yeah, absolutely try to do that transparency.
Speaker 5: To do that.
Speaker 4: We talked about other things we do in the community. One thing I'd point out is the Tri County Tech has automotive programs, they have a paint and body program, and they have a mechanical repair program. So every year when they start graduating people, we donate tools and toolboxes to the top students, and Conical Phillips is a big contribute to that effort. But we need people that are interested in doing those kinds of things, and so we try to reward their hard work.
Speaker 1: Nice incentive. I mean that first big set, that's big time. That's a big time investment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've had one example that was shared with us, and maybe there's more, but we were that one young man just graduated from the mechanical school and he was able to secure his first job because he had that basic.
Speaker 2: Tool set that we provide. Nice.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so that that that's really we enjoy those sorts of stories, you know, things we do. Hopefully we're making a difference and you know, and something good comes from what we do in our association with Conical Phillips and in Track County Tech.
Speaker 2: Well, that's amazing. You know.
Speaker 1: I do remember one of the things you talked about your charity work.
Speaker 2: I remember during COVID, Sheriff's office were just having a rough time.
Speaker 1: Because they were trying to make Christmas good for everybody and things were not looking all that optimistic until your Car Club came in and pinched it hit a home run and really did a great service for the community. And there are people out around today who still remember that and on occasions said, hey, you.
Speaker 2: Remember when of those guys, Yeah, I do, right down the road.
Speaker 1: And I just wanted to say on behalpy of everybody who remembers that. I didn't want to say thank you guys and galus for your hard work, because that was a hard one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was our pleasure though, and and we were just there for support. I mean, the they did turned out big time and it really helped help the Sheriff's department out.
Speaker 2: My goodness.
Speaker 1: That's that's another real good one to get you in the fields, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But again, this is going to be on the twenty first. It's going to be in downtown do we America? And you don't want to miss it. Thirty seven of these.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, thirty seven years.
Speaker 5: And twenty first of September.
Speaker 2: What did I say?
Speaker 4: You didn't you just said twenty first, but it's twenty first.
Speaker 1: I told you I forget things they're sold now.
Speaker 3: Makes you a good yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well thanks for catching at Neil. I appreciate it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And of course all kinds of great awards coming out there too, and we're just gonna have a ton of fun.
Speaker 2: Did I miss something? Miss hand write something down for.
Speaker 3: No, No, I was just looking at my notes. I have to write things down because I don't remember.
Speaker 2: That because I can look at my notes and still mess up.
Speaker 3: So for the public, this is in case anyone is wondering. This is an absolutely free event for spectators. So you can bring thirty of your kids and walk through, no problem. And we're all also going we're gonna have food truck, we're gonna have.
Speaker 5: Vendors and and uh there's silent auction.
Speaker 3: Silent auction for a whole bunch of stuff in the silent auction. And yeah, so some of it is car related, of course, but so there's there's a lot to do. See the cars, see the people. Enjoy the music we have. We don't have a live band, but we have recorded music playing, and we have then food and fun.
Speaker 1: Well, remember, because you're walking around you know that food is going to be cowdery neutral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm telling myself.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're telling yourself, but you know that's how I'm rationalizing things.
Speaker 2: I want to thank you, Neil, you got something else you wanted to band.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I just enjoyed being here and thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having us.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, and thank you very much.
Speaker 1: We've got now the Brewin buzz coming your way right here on K one, the one you