Speaker 1: You're listening too.
Speaker 2: Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Chris merrill In from mo Kelly Listened Anytime on Demand of the iHeartRadio app. I think that's all the stuff I'm supposed to say, right, We got it all out. Good to be with you. Thank you so much for allowing me into your evening. I keep watching as we all do, all the different devastation. I didn't, and I was listening to Dean Sharpairs. He was talking with Tim, and I didn't realize. I didn't realize that there were emberproof events. I know it's gonna sound a little bit ignorant in here, but I didn't realize that there were emberproof vents.
Speaker 1: I just looked it up. Home depots sells those things.
Speaker 3: They're not all that expensive, and I know that obviously, if you want a contractor to install, it's gonna cost you a little bit more of it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Man, I guess I didn't even think about the herd immunity value of the ember proof vents. So if I was listening correctly, and I think I was, Tim was talking about if you don't have houses catching on fire, then basically you're limiting the amount of fuel that can burn in one of these massive fires, right right, And if that's the case, and you can limit these fires, then for every house that has the ember proof vents on that are able to, you know, to remove fuel as a possibility, all of a sudden, every house helps the next house, and the whole neighborhood kind of works together.
Speaker 1: As a fire block.
Speaker 3: Basically. That is fascinating. I thought that was really interesting stuff. Good content, man, good content. Meanwhile, look, we've all been thinking it, and that is every time there's a massive fire, and I'm not just talking about residential areas. Every time we have a big fire and it wipes out the vegetation, that means that we don't have the roots holding things on, and then we worry about what happens when rain comes.
Speaker 1: We know what happens, right. We know.
Speaker 3: Some places that the fire itself are now running into some other issues with the ground already beginning to shift. ABC seven was talking about that because there's a house in I believe it's one of the Palisa's houses that survived the fire didn't survive after This is.
Speaker 4: One of the stranger situations where a home that wasn't burned to the ground, is literally broken in half. And again Lacity Fire with their damage assessment teams are still trying to figure out what happened here.
Speaker 5: What caused that is still under investigation by our damage assessment team.
Speaker 3: House just split in half, you know, like when the Titanic started going down and then it's cracked in half.
Speaker 1: That's what this house did.
Speaker 5: Now, if you look right above it, you're going to see a lot of smoldering debris and things that have burned. It's apparent the infrastructures absolutely compromised. Some smell of gas up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, smell of gas in here. Okay, stop.
Speaker 5: The water is still flowing from the area. The foundation is comp there's no power. It's damaged so significantly that it has been red tag deeming it unsafe for people to go in that area.
Speaker 3: It split like a KitKat bar right in the middle, just crack of course, it's unsafe to go in there.
Speaker 4: So what happens when we get a significant amount of rain?
Speaker 1: I think we all know the answer.
Speaker 4: If there's a heavy rain, we're told, then there's the thread of debris flow and MUDs lines. Yeah, because of all of the vegetation that's been burned away. LA City and County Fire is preparing for that as well. And again for those of you who want to come back in here, as you heard Sheriff Louona on our ear our last.
Speaker 1: Segment, you didn't hear that because radio, you need to be patient.
Speaker 4: The earliest maybe a week from now, but experience tells us it'll probably be longer than that. And again still under investigation, what caused this house to literally be snapped in half.
Speaker 3: When he says next week or whatever, to try to get in, probably longer than that.
Speaker 1: That's just to get in to see if you have a house standing.
Speaker 3: That's not to get in, and you know, bring the wife and kids and dog and cat and everything you grabbed back. That's just to see if you have anything left. There are some areas where people will not be returning for a year and a half, two years. It blows my mind. And here's the sad truth with every natural disaster.
Speaker 1: And look, we do it too. You gotta admit we do it too.
Speaker 3: A hurricane hits in Houston, there's flooding in Asheville, North Carolina, we go, oh my goodness, that's terrible. And then all right, well, the rains have stopped. Okay, well they're cleaning it up, and then cameras leave. Ashville, North Carolina is not to what it was back in October. It's still an absolute mess and will be for a very long time, as will so many of our neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: Just just a wreck. Man.
Speaker 3: What what I think is somewhat infuriating is with the finger pointing that goes on everybody's well, why didn't the news rake the forest? Which silly argument, and why didn't so and so do this? And why didn't so and so do that? And I have this conversation with my father and I go round and round on these things. I talk about some of the devastating fires, and we talked extensively back when the campfire happened and wiped out the town of Paradise, and I said it was you know, it was power lines and that was a bad deal and horrible situation. And he says, well, you know, I always love when I get Dad explained, you know, fires are normal, they're very good for the they're very good for the forest.
Speaker 1: The forest need the fires.
Speaker 3: And I said, I would agree with you, certainly, not at the frequency that we're seeing certainly not at the magnitude that we're seeing, and Pop says, well, I don't know about that. You realize that if you take a look at at the wildfires, what causes the wildfires, it's something like ninety plus percent are human caused, maybe even more than ninety percent human caused, which means that we it's not nature's natural cleansing of an area. This is us contributing to it, which is why so many people are wondering what started these fires. It wasn't lightning, it wasn't a volcanic eruption that started the fires. I think it's safe to say it is human cause in some way, shape or form. As I mentioned the campfire, that was PG and E power lines. And now you've probably heard about what's going on with the Eaton fire, and I know that the oh I think it was. The CEO of Edison was talking with ABC seven and they asked him about was it your power lines? And then he got he sort of started ceo'splaining things, and I.
Speaker 6: Said, Dan with Pedro Pizarro, President and CEO Edison International, the parent company of Southern California Edison, we covered a wide range of topics, but I want to focus on concern and questions over the pie.
Speaker 1: Skip ahead here. What does he say?
Speaker 7: There were two sets of lines along Eaton Canyon. On the west side, there's a distribution, a lower voltage line. Distribution are the lines that typically go into homes. That line had covered conductor, but it had already been deenergized. Power had been turned off something like two hours before the report had started the fire.
Speaker 3: Now, when he says lower voltage, what he's talking about is what's coming into your house is going into your service, all right, So you're talking two twenty that's going into your service. Maybe maybe a little bit more than that, all right, You're That's when he says low volt He's not talking about speaker wire, all right, So let's not He says low voltage to power companies is different than low voltage to you and I.
Speaker 7: We also have transmission lines on the east side of the canyon, and those were energized. But the criteria for when we shut off also depends on the type of line.
Speaker 8: Bedrim Pizzato is referring to the power line in this photo taken during very early stages of the Eaton fire.
Speaker 3: You can't see it because TV but it's a photo. You've probably seen it. It's a photo. It's a house, and you can see the fire behind the house, up the hill and under the power.
Speaker 8: Lines along the Eaton Canyon hiking trail. He explains why those lines were still energized.
Speaker 1: And think about it this way.
Speaker 7: The smaller lines distribution lines, they're lighter. If you have strong winds, you know, they can get buffeted around more than a heavy, more robust transmission tower transmission line, and so we typically have higher wind speeds that are the thresholds for transmission versus distribution. So that's why those transmission lines were not the energized.
Speaker 1: So okay, how'd that work out?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's going to be an investigation, right, gonna be an investigation. We'll see. But look, if you're like me, I'm not breaking anything here. This is not any sort of like shocking information. When the fire started breaking out, we all wanted, first of all, we want everybody to be safe, YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 1: But what caused this?
Speaker 3: And in my head, I thought I'd put fifty bucks on at least one of these things was caused by power. At least one of them was caused by the power lines at least one, and we don't know about the Palisades fire. Sounds like maybe that one is a different cause. But also it's because of the bipedal wildlife, meaning you and me humans in the area.
Speaker 1: What did we do wrong in that? I'm gonna tell you about that here in just Semitic.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty Christ Maryland.
Speaker 3: From o Kelly KFI AM six forty listen anytime on demand of the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 1: It is an honor being with you.
Speaker 3: I am as frustrated as most anybody who is watching from afar, and by a far, I mean I don't have any property that is in immediate danger anything like that, so and I think most most Southern Californians don't. But boy, we are watching very carefully because we don't know when the next spark might happen. We don't know when the next the next fire might pop up, or who it might threaten. So and we've already seen other smaller fires that fortunately the firefighters have done a magnificent job of tamping those out very quickly. We've seen some crazy people with flamethrowers deciding they're going to go out and see if they can start fires. I don't know what's wrong with people, but the majority of us are worried, not necessarily. I mean, we're worried about the wins, obviously, but we're not necessarily worried about nature starting a fire. We're worried about nature fanning any fire that might be there. And it sounds like when it comes to the Palisades fire, it is all on humans. This is human caused. Now, maybe not the actual Palisades fire, but the fire itself may have come from a previous fire that was human cause. For the third day in a row, investigators with the eighth this is a couple days old, but is good audio.
Speaker 10: Tf's National Response team zeroed in on mountainous terrain behind homes in the Palisades Highland section of Pacific Palisades. This is where they believe the January seventh fire that's burned over twenty three thousand acres started right but how did it start? But investigators wouldn't confirm whether that fire was a reignition of an eight acre brush fire.
Speaker 1: Six days prior.
Speaker 3: There you go, it's a reignition they're not confirming it, and that's fine. They shouldn't whatever they're doing their investigation. I get it, but it sure seems like a pretty reasonable avenue to explore. It is deserving of great scrutiny and investigation.
Speaker 11: We've heard those reports, but I cannot get into a specifics of what we have found or located up there as far as a way of evidence.
Speaker 3: Okay, was there any lightning in the area on January seventh, No, there wasn't. Okay, any other acts of God that might have started the fire, No, all right, and it probably started in that burnscar area from the previous brush fire.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Reignitions can happen a week, maybe even two weeks after a previous fire.
Speaker 1: We know that to be the case.
Speaker 3: All right, So this seems like got pretty plausible, if not probable, the cause of the Palisades fire a reignition from a previous fire.
Speaker 11: But we are looking into everything. We will leave no stone unturned.
Speaker 10: The ETF tells Eyewitness Snooze they've received over one hundred and fifty leads and tips from residents so far, and that this investigation will take time because of the size and scope of the fire. Obviously, this side by side satellite image. You can't see it because radio shows the burn scar from that January first fire and the beginning of the Massive Palisades fire on January seventh.
Speaker 1: Oh, they just happen to be the same place.
Speaker 10: It's near the Skull Rock trailhead. Residents say the smoke from both fires was in the same location.
Speaker 1: They're experts in this field.
Speaker 11: We have certified fire and instigators up there, certified explosives to experts up there.
Speaker 3: By the way, What a cool job. I know there's got to be a school for certified fire investigators. But where was my high school guidance conselor in that one, because I definitely would have explored that avenue.
Speaker 1: That just seems like a cool job.
Speaker 11: Accelerate detection canines with us trying to narrow down the origin of the fire. Yes, they are up in the Skull Rock area working, but that's where the evidence has led us right now.
Speaker 1: You mean back to where the burn scar was from the brush fire.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then the other half of the team are going door to door asking for that video surveillance or what people saw or what they didn't see in certain dates of time.
Speaker 10: Eric Robertson was one of the first nine one one callers on January seventh, out taking a walk with his wife when he spotted flames. Robertson says he didn't see anyone in the area when the fire started. Residents heard that the New Year's Day fire may have been caused by fireworks.
Speaker 1: Ah, there you go.
Speaker 10: And I asked the ATF whether they've found any fragments of fireworks. All I was told is that their team is trained in fireworks and that is one of the many theories they're looking at.
Speaker 1: Live in Pacific Palisades.
Speaker 10: Josh Haskell, ABC seven eyewitness.
Speaker 3: ND, all right, thank you very much. So fireworks on New Year's what that's crazy? Who would have thought such a thing. I can't stand fireworks. Just ban them all over the place. Ban them on the fourth of July everywhere fireworks are so there's no upside to fireworks. My wife hates when I start talking about fireworks because she loves the fireworks. I can't stand fireworks. Do you do you have like a lot of people around your house that do it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all illegal, of course, yeah, of course, yeah, but they love they just love the fireworks.
Speaker 1: I mean it sounds like it sounds like you're in a war zone.
Speaker 12: No, yeah, that's not even an exaggeration because me and Moe kind of live in close proximity to each other. Yeah, and in the area that we live, it's like the one like whatever square mile you want to call it. Oh my god, it's still legal. And you know when he does his show from chatte chatte mo, you know you can hear it. It sounds like it's out like behind his window were gym, but it's crazy and it's like, no, that was that was blocked down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I was doing shows and I had closed the window and I thought, oh, people are going to hear this. I mean, it sounds like cannon's going off outside my window. I can't stand it. My wife gets so angry with me because I just don't. I'm not a fireworks guy in general. What is the upside? Oh, but it's it's we love to blow things up in America. We have we have veterans that have PTSD where it's it's difficult. How many households don't have pets nowadays. I mean we're at the point where I what is it. It's got to be more than fifty percent of households have pets. Pets don't do well with boom booms, right, not at all? So what is what is the advantage?
Speaker 2: You know what I like?
Speaker 1: I like the new drone shows. I like drone shows a lot. Took the words right in my mouth. They're great. Those are cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that they're great. In the meantime, somebody wanted to set off fireworks. Sounds like fireworks or maybe a campfire. Could have been a campfire too. I don't want to just assume it's fireworks. But look again, that fire started New Year's Day or New Year's Eve, late New Year's Eve, I mean firework time. And now we've got thirteen thousand structures that are burned. Good job, guys, I mean this is us. We are going to be the cause of our own destruction on this planet. There's no doubt about it. I mean, whether it's slowly we try to destroy our planet or rapidly we try to destroy the planet. We're very bad at taking care of where we live. We're very bad at it.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 3: I am just on a grumpy little roll tonight, don't I. But I always want to offer solutions, solution bat all fireworks, stop the sale of fireworks. If you've got to get the president elect on board, then you just say, fireworks are there. It's a Chinese invention and we don't need it, that's what you say. You just bring his brand, his xenophobia into it. Just fireworks is the Chinese. They're trying to destroy America by inventing fireworks seven hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: Whatever fan the fireworks fill done on its head, flip it. Yeah, just be done with it. Just be done with it.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, if we aren't destroying the world in which we live, we're trying to destroy one another. But fortunately we have elected officials to protect us. I don't feel safe about that.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty Chris Mariland from.
Speaker 3: O Kelly I Am six forty, listen to anytime on demand the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh fires, where were we? Oh?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 3: Here? It is horrible, horrible people. So look, as a species, we're terrible. Right. We do not take care of the planet that we have. We just assume it'll be around. We very much take it for granted. Whether that's because we set off fireworks during a dry, windy season, or we just decide smog is fun. Whatever it is, we're terrible stewards of the environment. But that said, maybe the worst are the people who take advantage during a disaster. Scam artists taking advantage of people in the area that are losing homes. And I don't know if you're getting phone calls, I don't know. I don't know if you're getting bid well, we're here to help, you can reach out. I mean, these are as bad as the whole your car could be at the end of a warranty, blah blah blah. Those people right, your cars extended warranty. I hate those scammers. It's even worse when scammers prey on people in an emotional state, and of course they do because we're more vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Right, It's kind of like, uh.
Speaker 3: Like crooked funeral homes. Right, you know, I know that your I know that your beloved mother had a plan. But now that she's gone, don't you think she'd want this upgraded casket. Don't you think she'd want the extra plush pillows. Don't you think she would want this?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Would she?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Because she's dead. I don't think she's gonna notice how soft the pillow is. But you know how they just like the crooked people, just they prey on people when they're the most vulnerable. So now we've got Laeda. Nathan Hoffman says, oh no, he's going. After he talked with the people at ABC seven. He was talking about the looters and the scammers and all these tool bags. It's the nicest thing I can say.
Speaker 14: You know, the level of criminal activity is quite candidly despicable. We have firefighters literally putting their lives on the line every day to save lives in our homes. We have law enforcement work in twenty four hours a day to keep us safe and secure. I'm one of over two hundred thousand people who've cooperated in this evacuation. People like my sister have lost their home in Pacific Palisades, and thousands of people.
Speaker 3: All right, hakmen, we don't need to be tragedy poaching this one have lost their homes.
Speaker 14: Yet there are criminals who look at this as an opportunity to exploit the most vulnerable people in their lowest moments.
Speaker 1: I kind of said that I agree with him.
Speaker 14: We have set an unmistakably clear message at these people. It's a question of just when, not if, they will get arrested, they will get prosecuted, and they will be punished to the full extent of the law.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you.
Speaker 3: I just I don't believe not. Look, he's new, maybe he will. I don't think that you're going to get everybody. You're not going to convince me.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not a question of if, but when. Nah, I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that you are going to be able to arrest and secure prosecutions that everyone that's trying to pull a scam.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't work that way. Yes, I appreciate the effort.
Speaker 14: Yesterday we announced the charges on nine looters and one person who did an arson and Azusa.
Speaker 1: So that's ten people. That's it.
Speaker 3: Only ten people have tried scamming anything or looting. Well, good, you've got them.
Speaker 15: All.
Speaker 14: These looters were involved in the Pacific Palisades and they eaten fires. They basically were people who went into these these residences when the residents whereas residences were evacuated, Yet the police were able to.
Speaker 1: Catch the good are you telling me those are the only ones?
Speaker 14: Two of these people are looking at life in prison because there are three strikers. Another person's looking at twenty two years in prison as a second striker, the arsonist is looking up into nine years in prison, and the other people who went in illegally into these houses they're looking at six years in prison.
Speaker 3: The looters are horrible. I don't know, like the scammers are worse. No, who's work on a scale of horrible criminals? Are the looters worse than the scammers?
Speaker 1: Ronner? Would you rather be looted or scammed?
Speaker 13: I think you need to factor in the landlords who are jacking up rents as well. We haven't seen a ton of dodge at that, but I've seen lots of reports in assorted mainly independent news, about landlords doubling rents and doubling house prices.
Speaker 1: All that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: It's just supplying demand, Mark, It's look, the supply has gone down, demand has.
Speaker 1: Gone up, well, just supplying demand. It's like when the gas prices go way up.
Speaker 3: That's not profit taking by the oil company, that's just supplying demand.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 13: Oddly enough, the state of California has a law against that kind of crap, and some people don't seem to care. Wait, you need to tell me when someone is trying to charge damn near two thousand dollars for a single, that's price gouging. That's what's happening in Pasadena right now than soft spaces. Oh that can't be true.
Speaker 1: Oh come on listen.
Speaker 3: If you came from the Bay Area, that would be a deal, that would be a real deal. This isn't guy, It's just supply and demand. How could that be any different? People are living paycheck at paycheck anyway. Imagine if you're somebody who's living paycheck to paycheck and then you are you're evacuate. You know that the fire ripped through at least near your neighborhood. You don't know if your house is still standing. You can't get back in. You don't have any idea, and now you've got to find someplace to stay, and you're supposed to come up with the extra money.
Speaker 1: It's not there. It's not there.
Speaker 3: Attorney General or Ra Bunta saying that he's gonna drop the hammer on people who attempt to take advantage of victims. So he was talking with Katy La and he said he's gonna put more resources toward investigating criminal complaint. It's made in the area of the wildfires. He said, we're not bluffing. If you think we're bluffing and you call it, you will regret it. So as of Wednesday, as many as fifty looting arrests have been made, so that's even more than what the DA was saying. The concern is so large that some residents are defying evacuation orders and arming themselves to protect their homes from looters. This is something I heard John Coobal talking about too, where he says he was talking about do I evacuate or do I stay? You know, I'm in an area where you know we're in the warning area, and do I take off? But if I leave, my house might get looted. Do I stay and try to protect my house or do I take off because the looters don't they don't follow the evacuation orders. I feel like maybe this is something Look look, if you're an assembly person, maybe take a look at this. Is there an enhancement for people who commit crimes during states of emergency?
Speaker 1: Like there should be an enhancement in the same way.
Speaker 3: That we have, uh like racial enhancements. If there's a prejudicial crime, you know, what's a hate crime?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? A hate crime.
Speaker 3: We've got hate crime enhancements. Can we do something that's specific to uh when we're in a state of emergency people committing crimes. I feel like there ought to be an enhancement on that, and then put the word out there's going to be an enhancement.
Speaker 1: And scammers are just the worst. Scammers prey on your emotions.
Speaker 3: Looters, at least, it's just the old fashioned just stealing from people, which again, put an enhancement on that.
Speaker 1: Give them more time. No, no, no, no, not more time. Looters.
Speaker 16: Looters need some something a little harsh or a little more old school life.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 16: But when you are caught looting, they just bring a chopping block up to the spot where they catch you and they remove your hands and cameras. How about we just remove their tongues upon catching them. When they're caught, you remove their tongues right then and there no prosecution. You've scammed someone, You've you've conned someone out of their their finances. In this time, let's remove those tongues.
Speaker 13: You might enjoy life in the theocratic Republic of Iran far more than here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, at time like this, hands must go, hands must go. Cut them up.
Speaker 3: No justice there, Uh huh, that's right. We don't even worry about due process anymore.
Speaker 1: We just right.
Speaker 16: Look, I promise you, if you're caught coming out of one of these houses with stuff in your hands that's not yours, they need to just have the chopping block with the blood still on it, right there. Have the person come around with the rusty machete, nothing sharp, to make it easy on you and chop your hands off, all right.
Speaker 12: And making examples out of them, because now that everyone has cameras to film that and broadcast it all the rock.
Speaker 16: Catch a live you want, you want to go live, Let's go insta, Let's let's do it for the gram wow, all right, or the TikTok or the TikTok. Well until Sunday, talk until someday.
Speaker 1: Listen to you. So I mean, is this like I have a dull machete?
Speaker 3: You know, super sharp machetes aren't real effective and cutting tall grass or anything like that, you actually have to have a little bit of an adult dullness on them. I mean, yeah, is that rusty? Rusty too? Well, forget about all these half measures. Just get a wood chipper and be done with it. Well, that's I'm a full fargo. I'm okay with that. Yeah, the full fargo.
Speaker 13: I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: Would this be like a special task force that would go door to door yeah, with a Is it a flatbed truck that has the hand chopping yes mechanism on it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 13: Would they have the wood shippers on wheels? So it's very convenient? Oh yeah, put them either way.
Speaker 1: Either way.
Speaker 16: I just want to make sure the blood trails behind the wood chipper truck. It needs to send a message.
Speaker 3: And then we amplify their screams too, so that people who aren't in you know, don't don't have sight lines can hear what's going on.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, you mic them, You mike them so as they're going through you here their terror.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Yeah, this is why I freaking love you guys, nutbags.
Speaker 1: I need some counseling. I love this, I love it. I love it. Let that raw emotion flow, yes, let the evil out to walla, Yes, let it flow through you.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, some people are taking other measures after losing their places. While Twala is dulling his machete and pouring salt water on it, just to make sure it's ready to go.
Speaker 1: Others have taken the legal route. We'll tell you what they're doing. That's next.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 3: Chris Merrill in from mo Kelly kf I AM six forty Live everywhere in the iHeartRadio. Mark Ronner is live from the guat oh So from the KFI twenty four hour Newsroomhow it'll be a while before people can go back to evacuated areas that have been deemed safe.
Speaker 1: We'll have details at the top of the hour.
Speaker 13: Right now, sol weather, some clouds and fog Tonight lows in the forties thirties in the inav. This report brought you by Red Pilled America and from the Southern California toy To Dealers Traffic Center. Let's go places. There is a stall on the four h five in Torrents.
Speaker 17: That's heading southbound right at Western. It looks like it's cleared from the second lane and the left traffic has recovered and is now moving smoothly.
Speaker 1: As you make your way on.
Speaker 17: The seven tenths southbound in Commerce before the five, we've got a wreck involving a big rig The right lane block there, so you'll see some stopping go traffic from about third Street and it rose me ten eastbound just after a Walnut Grove Avenue or crash taking away the right lane causing a heavy drive backed up to about Garfield. With Southern California's most accurate traffic reports on Pedro Moreno.
Speaker 9: Once upon a time, I was in an exclusive colt run by powerful elites. That colt was Hollywood escaped and created Red Pilled America, a storytelling show that tells the stories Tintal Town ignores. Listen to Red Pilled America on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: This report day is sponsored i blindster dot com. Hi, I'm Kyle at blindster dot com.
Speaker 18: At Blindster we offer custom made foxwood and real wood blinds and shutters, sailor shades, Roman shades, bamboo shades, exterior shades, and more, all at factory direct prices. Don't pay too much for new blinds. Go to blindster dot com.
Speaker 19: Not thinking about radio, think again, because more people are listening to the radio on iHeart today than they did twenty years ago, and only iHeart broadcast radio connects with more Americans than TV, digital, social, any other media even twice as many teens than TikTok. Think radio can help your business. Think iHeart streaming, podcasting and radio called eight four four eight four four.
Speaker 1: iHeart to get started. That's eight four four eight four four.
Speaker 15: iHeart Monster BTK, The latest installment of the critically acclaimed Monster franchise, exposes the chilling story of one of America's most infamous cases that shook Wichita, Kansas to its core.
Speaker 20: When people said, BTK, you think of a wild eyed Manson like character, what we didn't understand is he was the guy next door.
Speaker 15: Listen to Monster BTK on America's number one podcast network, iHeart open your free iHeart app and search Monster BTK to start listening.
Speaker 9: Oh, no, stomach issues again?
Speaker 1: Stomach issues?
Speaker 11: Who are you?
Speaker 1: You're pancreas.
Speaker 21: I could be the real reason for your diarrhea, gas, floating, stomach pain or lose.
Speaker 1: All these stools?
Speaker 9: I thought it was my stomach.
Speaker 21: People often do, But any of these symptoms could mean having a condition called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency or EPI. With EPI, the pancreas doesn't release enough enzymes to break down food, but EPI is manageable. Use the symptom checker on identify epi dot com and speak with your doctor. That's identify epi dot Com sponsored by ABVI.
Speaker 22: hYP more for prescriptions. Stop overpaying and start saving with single Care.
Speaker 1: It's easy.
Speaker 22: Find your prescription on single care dot com, show the coupon at the pharmacy and start saving. Single Care works at pharmacies, need and why, and it's completely free to use, whether you have insurance or not. So the next time you fill a prescription, check single Care to make sure you're getting the best price. Take control of your prescription costs. Go to single care dot com or download the free app today.
Speaker 1: Stay your day with a little stimulation.
Speaker 2: Wake a call with Amy King Live five to six am on KFI and on demand anytime on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Chris merrilyand from Okellley KF I AM six forty more stimulating talk and you can listen anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app. All right, So, while we figured out what to do with looters and scammers, and according to my incredible coworkers, they want to go very medieval. Some people are taking their frustrations out elsewhere, like on the DWP. And you knew this wasn't gonna take very long before the lawsuit started dropping. DWP. People said, we can't be running out of water during a fire. That is no bueno.
Speaker 1: Whose fault is this? Somebody has to pay.
Speaker 23: Los Angeles Department of Water and Power and Southernlifornia Edison are the ones named in that lawsuit. Now we've seen it all with heartbreaking images of houses reduced to rubble like that one out here on Sunset. The people who are filing these claims say that this shouldn't have happened and they want someone to take accountability. Now, this latest lawsuit has been filed against the LADWP by a group of survivors of the Palisades Fire who claim the utilities inadequate water delivery hampered firefighters in battling the deadly fire, which has destroyed thousands of structures and killed at least nine people. Now, a key part of the lawsuit is that Santa Ynez Reservoir, one hundred and seventy million gallon water storage complex that had been empty for nearly a year. Here you see that reservoir as the Palisades Fire roared around it. The LAEDWP put out a statement before this filing saying, in part, the utility quote was required to take the Santienez Reservoir out of service to meet safe drinking water regulations. Just days ago, Governor Knwson called for an investigation into LEDWP and the loss of water pressure at local fire hydrants and lack of water supplies amid the fire fight. The LEDWP lawsuit comes after several lawsuits were filed against so Cal Edison by people who lost their homes in the Eton fire.
Speaker 3: At least man, it's just like the lawyers are just lined right up there right just can't wait to drop these lawsuits. Whoever's got the biggest pockets, that's who they're going to hit fast.
Speaker 23: Five lawsuits have been hot filed by homeowners and renters. They allege so Cal Edison failed to de energize all of its electrical equipment despite red flag warnings issued by the National Weather Serve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now here's where things get a little bit tricky, because when they do deenergize means you lose power. And when you lose power, then people get angry because they don't have any power. And then when they don't de energize, we have a fire. People are angry because they didn't deenergize. So I have a lot of sympathy for the power companies because I think they should always err on the side of caution.
Speaker 1: But listen, it's pr nightmare whichever way you slice it, and believe the fire was sparked by down power lines.
Speaker 23: The wind driven fire destroyed and estimated seven thousand structures and has killed at least sixteen people.
Speaker 1: Now back down here live. All of these lawsuits are.
Speaker 23: Seeking including this latest one against the LEDWP, are seeking puns compensatory excuse me, compensatory damages for the plaintiffs as well as punitive damages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course they are.
Speaker 3: I mean those the two ways you get money, right, You need to you need to compensate me for my losses, and then you need to be taught a lesson. So you got the compensatory and then the punative punishment. So that's the that's the plan.
Speaker 1: There is.
Speaker 3: In fact, Mark, I think you had the story about FEMA. I was surprised by I guess, I guess I understand it, but a little bit surprised. So if somebody has a go fundme set up, oh yeah, right.
Speaker 13: That was at the top at seven o'clock apparently they will deduct whatever you make through other means. If I understood the story correctly, Yeah, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: So donations from a go Fundme page could impact how much money people receive from FEMA. They may be able to offer you offer funds to replace a vehicle, but if your Go Fundme page clearly states that you're raising funds to replace a vehicle, then that will impact the eligibility. FEMA, by law, cannot duplicate benefits, so we can't pay for things that have already been paid for by other sources.
Speaker 1: So what can you do?
Speaker 3: Then this sounds like it's just about phrasing on your GoFundMe page. So you can set up a Go Fundme page and say or set it up for somebody else and say, please help them get through this difficult time, and that might be okay. But if you say, my brother in law lost his work truck and he needs to have that replaced so that he can make some money and start rebuilding their lives, then all of a sudden it becomes a problem and FEMA basically is going to deduct that from anything that would give you.
Speaker 13: It seems like a tough needle to threat and I can't imagine a lot of people who want to risk losing any benefits.
Speaker 3: No, But at the same time, you got people like me who want to help out. And I see the GoFundMe pages and I go, wow, I can spare a little bit for this person. I can spare a little bit for that person. I can spare I feel like I'm just throwing my money away because if it's going to be deducted then then it's like, well, let's like I want it to help out now. And on top of whatever FEMA's offering.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I wouldn't say that you'd be throwing your money away, but people are going to have to do some calculations on what they need urgently, and you know where they're going to get it. They are all sorts of ways besides money to help out, though. I mean, you can donate food to animal shelters, that kind of thing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, spare bedroom to Rando's. Yeah, invite people to come live with you personally.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. Yes. Yeah. I told Twala he could sleep on my couch.
Speaker 3: He's not moved in yet, which careful what you offer hurts a little bit yeah, yeah, it hurts a little, but you might want to give that some thought.
Speaker 1: Random people sleeping on my couch or other ways to help out.
Speaker 13: No tawalla specifically, Oh no, you'd be great, Okay, fantastic, all right.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, GoFundMe is one of the opportunities. There are other places too. You can always help with the California Fire Foundation, LA Fire Department Foundation, Salvation Army, obviously Red Cross, right, we know that, the regional food banks, that sort of thing, the different groups that we've been working with as well, and everybody's trying.
Speaker 15: To do this.
Speaker 1: Am I a cynic though?
Speaker 3: When I see some places that are like, oh, just go to our website and you can you can make a donation to help people with the wildfires and h And by the way, that's one of the things I checked when when we were working with the Dream Center and what happens with our website. If you go to the KFIAM six forty dot com slash donate, then that connects you with the Dream Center and the donations go through the Dream Center.
Speaker 1: But some of these other places say, you know, you can make your donation here, and what.
Speaker 3: Ends up happening is you're making a donation to, say the widget company, I'm just making one up. You're making your donation to widget company, who is in fact turning around and taking all of the money that you donated and then giving it to the Red Cross. Right, But in the process, what they're doing is they're going to take a tax deduction. So they're gonna say we donated one and a half million dollars to the Red Cross.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you didn't.
Speaker 3: What you did is you facilitated other people making that donation and then you took a tax deduction out of it. This is I'm such a cynic. This is why I don't round up at the grocery store. Do you want to round up to help kids?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: They always look at me like what They really.
Speaker 13: Make you feel like a Nazi if you say no, you don't help children.
Speaker 3: Know because I, oh, boy, if if a cashier gives me that look, then I always give them that. I go, oh, do you know if your company is taking a tax deduction with the money that I'm making a donation on? And uh, I don't know. No, I know what the I know what the game is. It doesn't cost them anything because they're they're donating they're redonating your money, but then they're taking a tax deduction out of it.
Speaker 1: So just be careful, is all I'm saying. Not everybody is doing that, but there are some that are gonna go, look, this is a win win.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make that donation and we're gonna get a tax deduction out of it. Yeah, and I don't like that. South Park has a great bit on it because you know how sometimes you have to push no, like two.
Speaker 12: Or three times, Oh my god, go back the sale and then they got the last one was just like okay, so try to pull this sandwich out of this children's mouth.
Speaker 1: And then once you do that, then you don't have to donate. Right. It's ridiculous. Yeah, makes me crazy.
Speaker 3: And I know what, I know what. It's not a scam, but they're not exactly being forthright. Would you like to make a donation that also helps us get a tax deduction? No, So anyway, just be careful with that because if there's a tax that if you're making a donation, you deserve the tax deduction and you don't need to be helping some other uh, some other group make a tax deduction with money that isn't theirs in the first place. Now, if they're donating their own money, then great, take the tax deduction. That's what it's there for.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it. I just don't like it when they funnel it. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 13: If I could just add one more thing before we go the when they put pressure on you, it's your time.
Speaker 1: We're cutting into market, So you take as much as you want. Oh the hell with the news.
Speaker 13: Then when they put pressure on you at the point of sale, you don't have time to research anything. And it's always always good advice to tell people to do your homework before you donate to anybody. Really click click through, read the fine print, find out where things go. Because we've had ample news stories in the last several years of charities that wound out being fraudulent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great point too, really great point. And look are those the people that the AG is gonna go after? Are they gonna Are they gonna hit those scammers? Are they more worried about the the guys that are looting on the streets, because Uh, last I checked, Taala's got them covered. He's gonna take care of anybody that's looting on the streets with his dull machete rst.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 13: Nobody should have ever given him punish your comics when he was growing up.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it to death, all right, Uh, Chris Marriland from o'kellython I k IF I am six forty.
Speaker 1: We live everywhere the iHeartRadio app k s I M K O S T HD two Los Angeles, Orange County locks everywhere on the Iart Radio app