Speaker 1: Buyers near Spokane, Washington had burned six hundred structures and for sixty thousand evacuations. That doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm Kate Delaney. Even first at the top, we roll into the rundown here on America tonight. Sadly, one of the things that everybody they're talking about still is what happened at a brand new in and out fast food joint. And this happened in Idaho twin falls. Three people were killed, seven others injured. That happened Saturday where a gunman, twenty four year old Chad Williams, who's been identified, died of a self inflicted gun wound. Afterwards, outside in an ordinary parking lot filled with people who were charging their electric cars or waiting in the drive through line, even just kind of one of those fun, lazy Saturday afternoons, all of a sudden became very chaotic, Sadly, the crack of gunfire, people scrambling and screaming, calling nine one one and running for safety, and the realization that there was an active shooter, but there was somebody there. There was a customer who grabbed a gun, who had a gun and responded and went after the shooter, and so many who were there say that made such a big difference, including this one patron.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say he definitely distracted the shooter from shooting more people.
Speaker 3: The shooter was solely focused on him and allowed us to get out. I mean the car directory had to me was getting shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this wasn't a really busy commercial area. It was a stretch of the city's north side where you have hotels and retail stores and restaurants. Because there's a lot of people that are tourists that are there, are residents that are there. It's to give you an idea of where it is. This beautiful place one hundred and thirty miles southeast of Boise, and it is a hub for a lot of southern Idaho. It happened to thirty on Saturday afternoon. I'm sure we're going to hear more about that throughout the week. Meanwhile, all eyes are turned toward what is happening with Iran. The president says Iran war talks are going to resume on Monday. He called off the strikes. There's still was a ton of opinions about what he should do from the people on the hill including Republican Congressman from Ohio Mike Turner.
Speaker 4: Iran is in a position where they're going to have to come to a table. Whether it's economics, where it's energy production, whether it's the loss of critical infrastructure, military infrastructure, the loss of their military capabilities. All metrics would show a declining capability to continue. They're going to have to be in a position where ultimately they're going to have to concede to the opening of the straits and returning to commerce.
Speaker 1: Louisiana Senator of Republican as well, John Carey was part of the Sunday Sworld too, that's the political talking heads. He had his own take on Iran.
Speaker 5: I'm always willing to give piece a chance. Respectfully, I would remind President Trump of three things. Number One, the only reason that Ron is coming to the table, if indeed they are, is because Israel and the United States of America have have torn them a new ashtray. Number Two, no deal is just fine, not preferred, but not preferable, but it's fine. A bad deal is number Three. He has to remember that the Iranian government learned to lie before they learn to talk, and they're more than mildly insane. Dealing with them is like dealing with Shaun of Sham or Charles Mansion. Whatever he does, do not release the sanctions stopping their shale of oil or remove the blockade until we see Ron take firm actions to open the strait.
Speaker 1: And so with that, there is a lot of conversations about what is going to happen on Monday and what's going to happen the rest of this week. The President is saying that a plan was in place for US forces to carry out another big attack. In fact, he caught it the biggest attack since World War II on Sunday, but he decided to scrap the plan, like I said, and give diplomacy more time to kind of play out. After hearing from key golf leaders, including the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salam Salaman and Solomon Rather, as well as the request of some others, he said that he would much prefer a deal as opposed to an attack, because you don't know where the attacks are going to leed. So this is another turnaround for the pres who a day earlier said he's losing faith and negotiating with Iran and offered ominous warnings that the US military would be hitting them pretty hard. So on Sunday it was exactly what you just heard there. He reiterated that the emerging deal would include a reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, which of course you know is the critical body of water where about a fifth of all traded oil and natural gas flowed before the start of the war, and would resolve US concerns about Iran's nuclear program. So this is once again, I feel like I say this a lot, but this is a really really big week. What will change? What will be different that the answer is going to be, Okay, there's not going to be any strikes this week, and this is really moving completely in the right direction. I meanwhile, I mentioned this too that you talk about wildfires. Wow, now we got another big one, this one in Spokane, scorching acres and acres and acres. Six thousand acres and sixty thousand people have been evacuated. The containment that I have is less than five percent, less than five percent contained, and you know, they call it, they're calling it historic and saying that you know, they've got firefighters that are coming from all over to try and help. It's a state of emergence and see that's what they've been in now and it just is at that level three. It's the highest level in the state for an evac order, so you know that, and it's just a matter of keeping people safe and doing whatever they could or whatever they can to fight this fire, because you look at the Northwest and you've got seventy five percent of the fire fighting resources that are deployed across the nation, so looking for help, trying to get as many people in there as possible. The cause of the fire is still under investigation. That would kind of be normal unless there was something that was obvious. But boy, when you look at a fire map and you see there where it's just has bubbled up all over the place, I mean, it is really really scary. And of course wildfires have been a problem in other parts of the Pacific Northwest. Nearly thirty four thousand lightning strikes last month led to a series of fires and evac orders in the southern part of British Columbia. Events. So for the summer, about four hundred and fifty thousand acres have burned in Washington State, and you know, you've got fifteen fires throughout the states so you got to think how many people are fighting these fires? You know what the estimate is, four thousand people. Four thousand people are doing that. Wow? All right? Coming up on the flip side, odds and ends, including a figure when it comes to movies, you're not gonna believe. That's next tier on atn.
Speaker 6: Let's see if something costs less but people are happier with it. That sounds like something to look into, and that is meta share. Maybe you've heard switching to meta share to pay for healthcare can save many families up to five hundred bucks a month, and that is huge. But it's also true that people are way more satisfied after making the switch too. The members satisfaction rate for meta share is double that of the typical health insurance plan.
Speaker 7: Double.
Speaker 6: Meta share works too. It's been around for thirty years. Members have shared more than five billion dollars of each other's bills. People love having telehealth and a huge nationwide PPO network. So yeah, real, you can save a ton and like it better. Imagine being happy with how you're taking care of your healthcare. So if you're self employed or part of the gig economy, or you just want to plan, you're happy with You can call right now. You'll get a price within two minutes, so see what you can say. This is a very very smart use of two minutes. Here's the number you need call eight five five Share forty. That's eight five five share forty eight five five share forty.
Speaker 8: Lisa Wolf here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio Shows dot com. At this site there are five old time radio show shows waiting for you to download free. Is our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent off by using the promo code radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log on to one hundred Radio Shows dot com. That's one zero zero radio shows dot com.
Speaker 9: At Hotshot Secret, we share the science behind common diesel problems. For example, sticktion engine oil can break down under extreme heat, leaving behind varnish, a carbon based deposit that creates drag on the engines moving parts. This sticky friction is stiiction. Symptoms include a rough idol and the loss of fuel economy and performance. Hotshot Secret Stiiction Eliminator is formulated to be left in the engine. It works as you drive. Stiction Eliminator is available at truck Stops, Tractor Supply or Riley's Autoparts and online at Hotshotsecret dot com.
Speaker 10: Crime across the country is at an all time high. It feels like even a family road trip is taking a risk. We don't want the feeling of being unprotected and vulnerable. We found get CCL dot com. Get CCL dot com give us the help we needed to apply for a legal concealed carry permit that's recognized in over half of the country. Get CCL dot com simplifies the process to apply and it's all online. We used their free qualification process to answer a few questions and applied for our permit right from home. Thanks to reciprocity laws between states, when you're issued a new Hampshire concealed Carry permit, you can legally carry in any state that recognizes your new Hampshire permit. It only takes minutes to apply, so don't wait. Exercise your rights today. Ensure you're protecting your family at home and in other states, have peace of mind. Apply today. Go to get CCL dot com. That's get CCL dot com. Go to GETCCL dot com. Exercise your rights today, go to get CCL dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, time for odds and ends, and so perfect place to start is at the movies. You know, this is a big time for the movies. We know that once you're still in the middle of summer, you get these big openings. Here's a lot of conversation about what movie is coming out. You know, we always keep you up to date on that. I'm a big movie head. And here's something that's pretty interesting. Spider Man Brand New Day, second biggest opening in North America ever, three hundred and fifty five million. Yeah, did you hear the mic drop? That's a micdrop moment, even for Spider Man. I mean that's just domestically, and that's only two million shy of the Avengers End Game back in twenty nineteen. Now, if we go global, oh yeah, we go global. It earned nine hundred and twenty seven million in its first weekend. So that is also the second highest global debut in film history. So then I said at the top, what does Odesseus have in common with Peter Parker's the main character of course of Spider Man, And in the Odyssey. That's what we're talking about. The main character played by Matt Damon. So that movie brought in fifty one million in its third weekend. But if you look at it cumulatively, it's brought in globally nine hundred and eleven million US total three hundred and ninety five million. So you combine the two films and how much they've made. Wow, Wow, that is I popping, my friends. But notice how I said, you know, the Odyssey's been out for it's for three weeks, three hundred and ninety five million. Just let's say, let's just talk about in the US compared to Spider Man that's at three fifty five. So Spider Man, I think, has a broader audience of course, So that makes this make sense. And it's been a while. I tried to figure out, Okay, how long has it been? And it follows it's a follow up to No Way Home. And you know what No Way Home was back in twenty twenty one. Do you believe it? Time flies? Oh? How the web is weave very slowly? I think in a way that's really surprising. I thought that long, it's been that long, and it has indeed, right, so brand New Day is the fourth Tom Holland Spider Man that we've scene, and the critics are liking it. They I mean, look at rotten tomatoes can be rough. That's an aggregate where they really pull in what audiences are saying and critics, and it's ninety eight percent on rotten tomatoes if you care, right, So how about that? And then you gotta thank you A Toy Story five that's crushed it. You have minions and monsters that's also done. So there's just no doubt. This has been a very big summer for the movies, a very very very very big, big, big, big big summer. Yeah. Absolutely, all right, how about some tell me something good. Yeah, we got a lot of good things that we could talk about, for sure, But I'm gonna say this is This is good because you have a long time to prepare for it. What if I told you that you have an opportunity, you everybody listening to me, you have an opportunity to look up into the sky in August and see a total solar eclipse that'll last up to six minutes and twenty three seconds at its peak. That's a long time. So if you're fumbling around trying to get in the right spot. Oh, I can't see anything doing that thing where you make the box that you look down in the box and then you look up. You know what I'm talking about when you're a kid. So the total solar eclipse that means the Moon moves perfectly between the Sun and the Earth, it casts a shadow on the Earth. It'll be one of the longest in several decades. Now, if I wanted to compare it, we'd have to go back to April eighth of twenty twenty four that lasted four minutes and twenty eight seconds at its peak. The last time any of them last in six minutes and anything, you'd be back in nineteen ninety one. Tom Holland was barely born and wasn't Spider Man. So so this is the thing. I say. You have time to prepare for it. I said it was in August August twenty twenty seven, So mark this down. You have time to prepare. August second, twenty twenty seven is going to be the longest eclipse totality, and we all should try and see it if you're into it at all, because none of us are going to make it to the next time. It's going to be that long. I can promise you that. That's a sure bet. You know why, the longest eclipse totality like that again after August second, twenty twenty seven, is going to be twenty one fourteen, twenty one fourteen. Now here's the here's the cat. Though. I got some sad news. I can almost to hear the boo birds getting ready to bow. The eclipse will be visible in parts of Africa, Europe, the Middle East. However, the vast majority of the United States is not gonna have a great view of it. Do they bum you out? I don't know. I got kind of bummed out.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be visible in parts of Maine, for sure. You're gonna be able to see it in Maine, and you're going be able to see it in a couple of other good, really good spots in the United States. But you know, there's so many other countries that are gonna have a much much better view of it, I think, than the US. But what a phenomenon that is, and where you can really really really see it, like Greenland, Iceland, Portugal, some places like that. It's gonna be good to see it. I don't know. I think the eclipse is a cool thing. I don't know that I really registered on me when I was a kid and you were looking at an eclipse. I know there was the excitement. I know there was making the the thing that you had to make where you looked into it like a telescope. But and of course do you see it? Do you see it? But I think I thought they came about a lot more than they do. So something to keep in mind for next time around. All right, this is one of those ubiquitous bits of information. I just happened to see this kind of rando trivia. And the trivia question is what country eats the most pizza per capita? And I know what you're thinking. Are you thinking? Are you thinking Italy? Are you thinking Italy? If you were thinking Italy, you would be thinking wrong. The most consumption for pizza is you're ready for this. Per capita in pounds is Norway, Norway, and the United States is second, Canada, Australia, then Italy. See, I think it also has I would say it has something to do with population, except for per capita, right Norway. So no, it's it's looking at the amount of people and then measuring it. That Way, and then the least amount of pizza that was measured was Brazil, right, and per capita in pounds Norway twenty five point one, United States twenty one point two, Canada nineteen point six. Here's the shaker, Italy sixteen point eight. I betually if you talked about pasta, though, that would be a whole different story if you talked about pasta, because there it's gotta be high. Anyone that goes to Italy, they always talk about how much pasta, how much pasta you know that they have that they've eaten. All right, this is big in the money, money, money department. Wouldn't it be nice to have the prices roll back when you pull up at the pump. Yeah, The Trump administration is looking to reopen closed oil refineries, including one in the Virgin Islands, amid these high gasoline prices because of the war. And yes, even though we're entering into maybe a different phase, we hope, but it has been confirmed that they're trying to find some refineries that could reopen, and the Saint Croix refinery is definitely one of them, right because that refinery was built to refine Venezuelan oil because of its location. Since April twenty twenty five companies have approached the White House to express interest in purchasing that refinery. And so now that's ramping up right. That okay, that could happen. And the idea is part of what people don't I think understand is it has to be refined. You have to have more refineries. There's not enough refineries. And as fast as you can refine the oil, the more that flows in the right direction, so to speak, and that changes can change dramatically. What happens at the pumps when people are complaining, All right, it's back. You asked for it. So we got the Weekly rewind. What you missed and you need to know is we spring forward interest rates, interest rates, interest rates. The Fed left the interest rates unchanged. That tops the Weekly rewind. Yeah, so there was three votes for an increase, but that's not enough. So it was a divided federal reserve. But they left the key rate unchanged. And so there are a lot of people that are wondering why that happened. And you know, you got the President who we know he's looking for a cut, that's for sure. He wasn't happy with the last chairman. He likes Kevin Walsh. In fact, that's somebody that he would hand pick to have that position. But it was one of those cliffhanger kind of meetings, as it's been described. At the bottom line is the rate is the same, it's held steady. Here's the chairman himself talking last week about no rate cut.
Speaker 11: Today, as you know, our committee decided to vote by a nine to three vote to maintain the target range for the federal funds rate at three and one half to three and three quarters percent. The Committee is continuing its policy of making ample reserves in the banking system. The economy is showing impressive resilience even with recent shocks. The trends are positive and reveal solid growth. Job gains have kept pace with the workforce, and the unemployment rate has changed little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's interesting. You know what he was explaining is he says, listen, uncertainty does not mean lack of clarity. In fact, he had a forty five minute press conference afterwards because there were so many people, they were asking so many questions. I happened to see what Dario Perkins, who's a managing director at TS Lombard wrote all spin, no delivery so in the briefing room, reporters were kind of perplexed by some of the statements. No change to rates, no forward guidance for the average household. So what's the news. You know, what's the news there? And you know, that turned out to be pretty big. Ultimately, the president, of course, was asked about it, and here's what he said.
Speaker 8: Kevin's fantastic, but he's got a board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kevin's got aboard. He's fantastic. He's a brilliant guy. Smart.
Speaker 12: I know, I'd love to see lower interest rates, but he's got a board, and it's a political board, and they want to keep race up.
Speaker 3: But we fight through Rachel.
Speaker 1: All right, it's what he said the presidents that we fight through rates. So here's the thing you're not gonna you know, after that announcement, the Dow sunk like two percent. It had its worst day in over a year. So his comments, Wassh's comments, stirred up volatility because not what was expected. Of course, there was a bounce back after that, but and you know, we're always going to get these post meeting press conferences for the rest of the year. So now kind of the thought is, okay, maybe there's going to be a cut on this in the September meeting. But there was no indication of that happening. There's no there was nothing that pointed to, oh, okay, well, maybe that's going to be different when we get to uh, you know, when we get to September. So if you look at mortgage rates, they're not great. I mean, the thirty year fixed index six point eighty three, six point eighty three percent, and you know that's just a that's just a ticker two lower because now we're in August, a ticker two lower than the tail end of July, but not much so. Higher rates, of course, are driven by a weakened bond mark. And I'm gonna go too deep into this whole explanation, but you get it. Bottom line is, if you were looking at a house and you're looking at that number, and other people will tell you. I mean, I can't say how many people have said to me, you have no idea what it's like. It used to be double digits. Okay, well, I don't care what it was like in the old days. If you're looking for if you're looking for a house and you're and you know, and you're young, it's it kills you. That interest rate just absolutely kills you. So we may see cut, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. If they don't have a cut in September either, And there again there was no indication that we may see that. Well, we see one before the end of the year, I think, so I do all right. This person isn't worried about it, cut it all. They're living it up and living large. Somebody. This is a big story last week. Anytime the lottery goes sky high, people are talking about the lottery, people who have never played the lottery, and they might not even play it even though they're talking about it. But someone in Brandenon, Florida won the eight hundred million dollar Mega Million lottery and they bought the ticket at a popular convenience store called Wah Wah. And so of course people that frequent it who got tickets were asked about it. And here's what some of them said.
Speaker 3: That's unfathomable.
Speaker 4: That's I can't believe they think that the winning ticket is so here.
Speaker 5: It's exciting.
Speaker 1: It is exciting, but it's exciting for the store. They get something, but it's not exciting. If you bought a lottery ticket and you didn't win, what would be interesting, and I guess be no way to figure this out. It would it would make you nauseous. If so, if you know, you just you don't play the lottery much. You just say, okay, give me a quick pick or two, and then the person behind you does the same thing. Well, the person in front of you, you know, the person in front of that person is the person who won. But and they did the same thing. But there's no way to know any of that nonsense. So a single ticket did win it, though a lot of times you have more than that. So that that lottery got reset. It's the tenth largest jackpot in the history of that of that game. So if you do the math, boy, they're going to clear a lot They would clear you take the cash option, pay the taxes, so you're free and clear, and you would get three hundred and forty four point two million. I think that person and buying a new house, they're not gonna care so much about the interest rate. Well, the interest rates are so sky high. I gotta sit on the for a while. Yeah, I gotta sit on this money for a while, all right, This was a really sad story, but I think this justice was served here. Colin Gray, the father of Colt Gray, the teenager who killed two classmates classmates rather and two teachers after he opened fire when it with an AR fifteen style weapon his dad bought him, you know, was sentenced to The teenager was sentenced to consecutive life sentences. I'll never get out life without pearl. Now. His dad got sentenced to fifteen years from, among other charges, second degree murder. Here's what the judge in Georgia said last week.
Speaker 5: The warning lights were flashing brighter and brighter, and you didn't get him held, and you didn't remove his access to the guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the families who were just you know, all of a sudden, you're your loved one is gone, just evaporated in an instant. Well, they had a chance to address Colin Gray, the father of that Appalachi High School shooter, and here's what they had to say.
Speaker 12: Fire early here today, it's because of him. His actions and his neglect are responsible for what happened here. Though he did not shoot the gun, he bought the bullets that enabled his son to kill.
Speaker 13: Instead of acting, he chose to look away. Instead of intervening, he chose in action. Instead of protecting his son from himself and protecting our community from the danger his son posed, he armed him. Our daughters must grow up without their father.
Speaker 8: They will miss his guidance, his encouragement, his hugs, and all the milestones. He should have been here to witness birthdays, graduations, weddings and everyday moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing you think about, right. Brianna Shermerhorn, the mother of fourteen year old Mason, rejected describing the shooting as a tragedy. You know, we say it's a tragedy, she said. People keep calling us a tragedy, But tragedies are unavoidable. This was preventable. She added that parenting requires responsibility, sacrifice, and showing up even when it's hard, and that parents are supposed to protect their children, and that mister Gray had opportunities to make different choices. My family didn't have an opportunity. Wow, and even asking and saying, I asked for the maximum sentence not out of revenge, but because the consequences of these failures were irreversible. And that's the thing, right. So prosecutors asked for eighty years, and the defense was looking for, you know, hoping they'd get a twenty year sence. He ended up with fifteen. Like I said, but just a terrible, terrible thing. All right, this is sad news, and this would count as what happened, you know, last week, but Vincent Pasttori, who was known for playing Salvatore Bumpincero on The Sopranos, died. He was eighty years old. Popular actor. He's just been doing a lot of commercials lately, and he was found dead at his home in the Bronx, where of course he's from. His manager of over thirty years confirmed that a neighbor of his hadn't heard from him in three days and said that was really unusual. So they're still investigating what they think natural causes is the lean. He has survived by his daughter, Renee. He was so part of that Sopranos cast that made the cast. He was so he was so believable in his crazy, crazy, crazy role in that very popular, popular series. And it was a whole bunch of other movies too. A lot of them had mob kind of themes in them, but not everything he did. He also was in law and order, Bull General Hospital pair of Kings, and he also competed on Dancing with the Stars even celebrity family Feud. How about that he was a guest on season two's episode of Shark Tank one of them. Wow, mailbag your thoughts in pre market bell.
Speaker 14: Next, did you know that healthy arteries make a gas?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 14: Actually three known gas is hi, I'm doctor Mitch, and nitric oxide is a gas that's readily made all day long to keep our arteries open by relaxing the bla vessel walls. By doing this, our circulation is increased, bringing blood, oxygen, and nutrients to every part of your body. Both age and poor diet can lead to a loss of this precious gas, and in turn, blood pressure can go up, energy can go down, and you can get tingling in your hands and feet. Well, our product, Ultimate nitric Oxide, can easily help fix this lack of nitric oxide. Go to total Wellness dot com. That's total wellness dot com where we are helping you to look good, feel good, and enjoy total wellness.
Speaker 7: In today's troubled world, our USA Armed Forces stand ready to protect you, your family, and our American way of life. When veterans return to civilian life, they deserve your recognition and support. You can help put vets to work by donating your car, truck, or van to Patriotic Hearts. Your donation will direct police support programs to help vets find jobs or even start their own business. Donate today for fast free pickup of your vehicle, running or not. Operators are standing by to answer questions about making a tax deductible vehicle donation. Find out how you can make a difference in the life of the United States veteran Call eight hundred two zero nine four five eight zero for twenty four hour response call eight hundred two zero nine four five eight zero. Eight hundred two zero nine four five eight zero. That's eight hundred two zero, nine four five eight zero.
Speaker 3: Finding great candidates to hire can be like well, trying to find a needle in a haystack. Sure, you can post your job to some job board, but then all you can do is hope the right person comes along, which is why you should try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash free. ZipRecruiter doesn't depend on candidates finding you. It's powerful to tech Knowledgy identifies people with the right experience and actively invites them to apply to your job. You get qualified candidates fast, so while other companies might deliver a lot of Hey, ZipRecruiter finds you what you're looking for, the needle in the haystack.
Speaker 2: Four out of five employers who post a job in ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site within the first day. ZipRecruiter the smartest way to hire. And right now you can try ZipRecruiter for free. That's right free. Just go to this exclusive web address ZipRecruiter dot com slash free. That ZipRecruiter dot com slash free. ZipRecruiter dot com slash free.
Speaker 3: You have mailed mistress's.
Speaker 12: Gig in the mailbag.
Speaker 1: All right, let's sake this first one. Michael listening to us WVLK five ninety AM ninety seven point three FM in Lexington, Kentucky. Hey, Kate, how hot is it where you are? I'll tell you the hot jokes are making the rounds. I think this summer has been one of the hottest on record, although because we've had some crazy disasters flooding and whatnot, that sort of becomes more of the story than when you have the bubble up of the heat. But it seems like overall when you talk about I know in the West.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: I heard you the other day talk about I don't know how those people. I think Arizona is beautiful, but I don't know how those people can stand those temperatures in the desert. But I can tell you that the humidity, when you have that high humidity, it is equally as awful. And you gotta have air. I don't know how people do it when they when the air conditioner goes or something else happens, and it's We've had one of the hottest on record. So I'm with you as I have heard you talk about having almost a heat stroke. I had heat stroke. And you do not want to get that, my friends. You do not want to feel so weak like you can't breathe and you're in the back of an ambulance. That happened to me, and I'm only forty five. So you gotta hydrate. And it's not hydrate where you just when you when you're already in the throes of it, throwing down a bunch of gatorade or water. You have to do it way way way ahead of time, right absolutely, Oh yeah, heat stroke And you know all that. I mean, it's true. That's why I'm glad you said that. I feel like a broken record, and because it happened to me. And I was twenty eight, I think, and maybe even younger. And I was, uh and I was covering the Dallas Cowboys. I was out at their practice and it was in Austin, Texas. I've said the story already, so I apologize if you've heard it like ad nauseum. But I thought it was fine. I mean, there seemed like there was like a little breeze, and even some of the players were saying to me, you need to a girl. What are you doing. You need to get some Like why are they even noticing you need to get some gatorade? Because they have it. They had it in the press room. They Jerry kept everything stuck. They had everything. But I was like, no, no, I already had some water. And trust me, it is awful. Oh. You get confused, you get slurred speech. If it's really bad, you'd lose consciousness, right, which might have happened to Michael. He didn't tell us that whole story, but it's so it's not. The classic thing is you get a rapid heartbeat and you get a headache and you feel nauseous for sure, but even it gets even worse than that. So your body temperature you can't it's bad. You can't regulate it. It's terrible. And then you know it's a weird thing is you can even get hypothermia kind of results from uncontrolled heat exposure, and that can lead to all kinds of terrible, terrible things. I mean, it's serious because your body can get to over one hundred and four degrees you just can't regulate the temperature. And I said that when I went hiking with my whole family and my husband had that happen. I think that was happening to him because I thought, oh my god, he's gonna have a heart attack. I know what to do. I just kept thinking to myself, I know what to do, but it's just the two of us now at this point, and I don't have a SAT phone, so what's going to happen? And that was the heat stroke stuff. So yeah, I'm glad you echoed my same sentiments because it is. Yeah, it's serious. All right, Let's move on to this one. This one is from Jake, who is listening to US News Talk eight three to o WCCO. Kate, thanks for all your shout outs about the Twins and what's happening there. And I've heard you mention a lot of things about the Twin Cities. Appreciate that and a lot of times I'm getting some of that is hitting my ear first, because I tune in and I listen to you whenever I can. It depends on what my schedule is. And I and I think you're right about the Twins, and boy there are it's like this team that thrills you and then they disappoint you the next time around. But I guess that's baseball, right, And I don't think they won their game on Sunday. They hidn't. The Mariners beat them seven to six, but it was one and this was in Seattle, and this was one of those games where you had it was the ninth inning, right, so you had, uh you had it was a for the Mariner' I'm gonna care about this, but it was Colt Emerson who singled in the ninth for the Mariners. Second straight walk off went over the Twins. So things quickly reverse in different series, right if you look at it that way. And Taj Bradley for the Twins pitched six innings. He gave up seven hits with four walks and a couple of strikeouts too. I believe in that, and we had a couple of strikeouts. So anyway, so you get back at it again and the Twins now on Tuesday, they've got a three game series at Kansas City. So and they got Joe Ryan, who's looking to turn things around. He's six and seven on the season and lowered that era just to Tad. But uh, yeah, that's the way it is. So thanks for that. All right, let's move to let's see this one is. This one's from Kevin who's listening to us WGC fourteen ninety am, Greenwich, Connecticut. Kate, I feel so badly for Savannah Guthrie and the situation that you had something that she was talking about on Instagram about her mother, and please if you have any information and you could tell that it was like she was sort of giving a message to the people that had the ransom notes or something, and you just feel for this family, like, Okay, if she died and you buried her somewhere, just for God's sake, tell the family where she is. But what an ordeal to publicly go through and you got to also wonder, who are these people? They seemed like were fumblers to me when our own resources, because even the president said give her everything she needs. And in the beginning, everybody was all over this and nobody could find anything out. I mean, finally they had had the picture, you know, had the video of the kidnapper, but then that was it. So you know, into thin air, that has got to be an awful, awful thing to live with. If you were in that situation, you know, how would you feel? And I asked myself that all the time. And in fact, my mother is just a couple of years younger than I believe her mother was eighty four. And she lives alone, and she's in great shape and super independent, and she doesn't live too far from us. But it makes us wonder, hmm, should we, even though we're not public figures, should we do something different? And is she being careful with who's coming in and out of the house. And we're starting to have conversations about that. You know, that's not a bad conversation to have, right Who's who are you bringing into your house to work on this? To do that? And there's some fine people in all kinds of industries from lawns to handyman, etc. But who knows. I mean, there's you invite people in then they can see your situation. So in this case, you know, yeah, she went missing six months ago. And you know, one of the things that Guthrie has said, and she's written this on social media a bunch of times, is, you know, every day they wake up and they try to be strong and go on because that's what their mother would want them to do. But she says, you know, their hearts are in ruins, and of course they are. And if it you know, my mother, God rest her soul, who was awesome, died. It's way too young. And if I were in that situation, I'd be asking those questions too, because she would be just a couple of years younger than Nancy Guthrie too, And I think I would, I don't think, I know, I would be asking those same questions about you know, how is she, how's especially alone, how is she doing? You know, it's weird too about that they're still offering a one million dollar reward for information, and they're not saying like if they like where she is, if they're finding a body or whatever they're offering that money. So the tip line is up. And but nothing I mean nothing that is leading to anything that is taking them to you know, to Nancy Guthrie Justes. Just such a sad, creepy story all the way around, wasn't it. Oh? All right, thanks for all of your emails. It is, believe it or not, time to go to the pre market bell. All right, So another big week the first week of August on the market, and you know the Iran meetings, you know, even news about that oil is down below eighty it seventy nine sixty nine, seventy nine dollars sixty nine cents a barrel. This is pre market Dow futures point fifty seven percent up s and p up point sixty two percent. Nasdaq futures point ninety eight percent. All sounds good to me. Thanks to Daniel Kazerski for his excellent work on the technicals, and all of you for listening to this hour of the show. Make it count, everybody,