Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: Wait you wake you, wakey headed. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I know ladies and gentlemen. He rod Ryan. Oh yes, sir, yes sir, Good morning everybody. Rod Ryan Show checking in on this Monday.
Speaker 3: Big big basketball game going on tonight. Listen, guys, I hope you had an awesome weekend. We'll find out if Alex had an awesome weekend. He'll be presenting his six picks to us today on Links and Guests.
Speaker 2: That's big.
Speaker 4: Bring on Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blog. Local bands getting a chance to open up Buzzfest. I think that information has made its way over to the buzz dot com right now.
Speaker 3: All right, it's cold outside. It's forty eight degrees outside right now, forty percent chance of some early morning showers Sonny high of around sixty eight. We got Old Greg going for win number three, freshout of bed, head to head three eleven bat Flower tickets coming your way in Homeroom Texas.
Speaker 2: Hammer game at seven twenty to.
Speaker 4: Get into that offspring show. And we got all kinds of great tickets today on the program. So we're gonna be very very busy this morning.
Speaker 3: We shoot over to my buddy Alex Roight there, Good Morning Alex, one of Houston's headline.
Speaker 2: Morning Rode Good Morning.
Speaker 3: Home Room stocks continue lunch as the US Treasury Secretary says dozens of countries want to negotiate tariffs in response to President Donald Trump's announcement of sweeping tariffs last Wednesday, top administration officials reported over fifteen countries have initiated contact with the White House to begin negotiations regarding the new input taxes. The NAS tariff levels include a universal ten percent duty on all inputs the high with high rates for specific countries, such as a thirty four percent tariff on Chinese goods and of twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Tariff on products from the European Union.
Speaker 3: Speaking to speaking on Meat the Press yesterday, Treasury Secretary Scott Descent emphasized that addressing unfair trade practices is a complex process, stating that these issues are not quote the kind of thing that you can.
Speaker 2: Negotiate away in days or weeks. Fun stuff.
Speaker 3: The measles outbreak in Texas has now resulted in the deaths of two unvaccinated children. The first fatality occurred in February when a school aged child in Lubbock succumbs to the disease, marking the first measles related death in the US in a decade. Early last month, an unvaccinated child in New Mexico also died from measles complications. The outbreak has led to almost five hundred confirmed cases in Texas and has spread to neighboring states including New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Kansas, leading to a total of six hundred and forty two confirmed cases as of yesterday. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy visited Gaines County and later said that quote, the most effective way to prevent the spread of measles is from the MMR vaccine. All right, some lighter news. Saturday Night Live was or excuse me? Saturday was National Handmade Day, which celebrated the effort and dedication to the handicraft industry and crafts as well as creating things by hand. Not Handmaid's Tales final season. That's where I thought it was initially. Recent poll asked people when the last time they wrote a handwritten personal letter was nine percent of people say they've written one in the past month, which was the most recent option. Another twenty one percent say that they've written one in the past year, and another twenty six percent of people say they're pretty sure they've written one in the past decade, but another twenty six percent of people say that it's been longer than that, While five percent claimed they've never written a personal letter. Twenty percent of gen Zers between the ages of eighteen and twenty four to say that they've never written a personal letter, and that was the most popular answer for that generation. In comparison, only two per of people fifty and oh older claimed that they have never written a handwritten letter. I think, is it kind of like birthday cards? If you write like a letter with that? No, it doesn't, that's I'm sure. Well no, I write like a lot of like stuff in the card, So I feel like that is kind of like a handwritten letter.
Speaker 4: You fill up a whole side of a card. Okay, that is an extreme. Most people don't do that. I think this is really talking about an actual letter to somebody. Yeah, okay, yeah, it's just a lost art for sure. I agree.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: Saturday Night Live've made fun of Morgan Wallin's incident from last weekend. On their most recent episode Saturday, there was a get Me to God's Country reference and the cold open and during weekend update, Colin Jos joked, money is leaving this stock market faster than Morgan Wallen at Good Nights. You don't believe that the phrase no press is bad press, maybe take a look at Wallin because all six songs that he's released from his new album occupy the top six spots on the Apple Music and iTunes country charts, So clearly walking off stage early helped him out a little bit. So there's more people talking about him, which means his stock is continuing to rise.
Speaker 2: And Morgan won this one.
Speaker 3: During her Reflection residency at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, Carrie Underwood's surprise fans by inviting Papa Roach to join her on stage. Together, they performed their track Leave a Light On and celebrated the twenty fifth anniversary of Papa Roach's hit Last Resort with a joint rendition. This marked the first live performance of these songs together, and the collaboration aims to support suicide prevention efforts, with proceeds benefiting the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and promoting awareness of the nine to eight to eight Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. Pretty Cool stuff cool stuff from them, But those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: March.
Speaker 3: The Yukon Lady Huskies are national champions. They blew out South Carolina eighty two to fifty nine.
Speaker 2: I did not put my my bes in there my bag.
Speaker 3: They blew out South Carolina eighty two to fifty nine in the National championship game yesterday if the husk This is the huskies twelfth national championship in women's basketball, in their first since twenty sixteen. The men's National Championship game is tonight and the Houston Cougars are gonna play the Florida Gators in it.
Speaker 2: Uh is coming off.
Speaker 3: An absolutely insane seventy to sixty seven comeback win over Duke on Saturday in the Final Four where theyre trailed by fourteen points at one point. They just completely made Duke choke it away. They're one and a half point other dogs coming into tonight's game. Doesn't matter. They're not gonna worry about the spread. Tip hops at seven to fifteen. You can watch the game on CBS, OH Couga, Oh Cougars. In the NBA, the Rockets are the hottest team in basketball. They beat the Warriors one o six to ninety six. Last night in the game, they got a little bit chippy at times. Oppri Shangun dominated Draymond Green after Green got in his face, and then Amen Thompson put Steph Curry in a body bag all night, holding Curry to just three points on the evening.
Speaker 2: The win secure.
Speaker 3: Is the Rocket no worse than the three seed in the Western Conference playoffs. They're gonna have a couple of days off before playing the Clippers on Wednesday night. Tilman lights up his building. Uh, those those diamonds, he lights them up red. When the Rockets win today. It was the first time I've ever pumped when I saw him read, I was excited from that game. In baseball, Astro's got to win yesterday they.
Speaker 2: Got by the Twins nine to seven.
Speaker 3: Tonight they're gonna open up a three game series with the Mariners. First pitches at eight forty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: That's what's going on in sports, al.
Speaker 3: Right, Let's go four hours of pain. Who wants the first phone call? Come Get Come Get It?
Speaker 4: Seven one, three, two, The most interactive show all the radio, It's this one right here. Ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's show, Chili Peppers Under the Bridge. If you haven't seen that clip that's been circulating, I talked about it last week.
Speaker 2: I even played a little bit of it on the air.
Speaker 4: When the Red Hot Chili Peppers are are recording Blood, Sugar, Sex Magic, that that song right there.
Speaker 2: They kind of framed it as John for Shan.
Speaker 4: The guitar player was frustrated they couldn't come up with an ending for the song, and they show him, you can look this clip up, John for Chante under the Bridge, and then Mom they show him on the phone. You know, they put this clip together and it really does look good, looks like he calls his mom.
Speaker 2: It's like, listen, you got to come down here to the studio.
Speaker 4: They were recording with Rick Ruben in the mansion and mom comes down with her friend from the choir in church, and John is.
Speaker 2: Teaching them the end of the song.
Speaker 4: If you listen to the end of that song where the choir kicks in, that's John for Chante's mom and her friend and they're singing on the under the Bridge where I drew some blood. I mean, they're talking about shooting up under a bridge, But the ending of that song, it's just taken out a whole new meaning to me with John's mom is the one that's singing on that and he's teaching her, Hey, do it this way, and they show John singing and he's saying, do it this way, and it was just it's my favorite clip in the last couple of weeks that just has kind of come into my feed recently. I had no idea that John's mom was singing on that, but not surprised that John Fraschante comes from musical parents, being you know, he's a genius at all.
Speaker 3: Good morning, guys, We're gonna be really really busy this week.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know we got the golf tournament.
Speaker 4: We uh, we have a stacked show for you today. Alex has got me pumped for the coops tonight. Yeah man, what time?
Speaker 2: Uh seven? I can't wait eighty excuse me eight forty. He's so excited about watching basketball tonight. It's so weird to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Old Greg is going for win number three fresh out of bed, head to head Challenge three eleven bad Flower tickets coming your way. In Homeroom on the Fun Fact Flashback We're giving away tickets to see Offspring. This is the show for me. I know there's a lot of people that are picking out, like what's the best show, Buzzfest. Sure, that's That's the Marquis. But the other show that I'm most excited about probably is Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory.
Speaker 2: August twenty third.
Speaker 4: We're giving away tickets at seven to twenty on the Texas Hammer Game Coheed with Taking Back Sunday, September eighth, that's another big show Man seven one three Music Hall. I got tickets for you. At eight twenty the legendary band The Pixies. We'll giveaway tickets.
Speaker 2: Spoon is on that bill. We're gonna give away tickets at nine to ten The Hives.
Speaker 3: Dude, these are so these shows are amazing, insane. We're giving away tickets. Well, maybe I'm not even suppos.
Speaker 2: To talk about that yet. That's all right, I'm giving away tickets later on now.
Speaker 4: Forty chance of early morning showers, sunny today, high of sixty eight.
Speaker 2: It's in the forties out there right now.
Speaker 3: It's naptime.
Speaker 6: For the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Sarah's on our way into work, this morning.
Speaker 3: It's cold outside, Sarah.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 8: I started my car early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the hell? It's in the forties forty eight right now? I know, what do you do? What do you do that you're going to work this early?
Speaker 8: I work for the State of Texas. The division I work for, we add it to where we would work two days in the office and two days at home. But now that they've made the change, we have to go back to work every day starting next week.
Speaker 3: So how did that go over with everyone?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 8: Well, A lot of people were pretty Yeah, a lot of people were pretty peeved about it.
Speaker 4: I think, I mean, I think they did that here with with the salespeople. They kind of did the whole like at the beginning of the year, They're like, hey, let's get the band back together, and you know, let's get everybody back in the office every day.
Speaker 2: And I don't you know, I don't think that went over really well either. I Mean, people got used to working from home and being productive and working from home, and oh yeah, for sure, they just a lot of places want people back in the office. What we do.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's well documented. I hated being at home. We only did about what five weeks of shows when we were all kind of split up.
Speaker 2: I hated it.
Speaker 4: I need to be in the office for me particularly, I like it. I know it's a pain in the ass to get up and drive, but that's a great routine for me.
Speaker 2: So I this is a yeah, this is your first week back.
Speaker 8: No, next week will be our first week back. I'm going in three days this week just to get my body. I've committed to getting up this early, but I mean, I really don't care. I look at it this way.
Speaker 2: I have a job. Yeah, good.
Speaker 8: I know that there is a lot of people out there that are struggling to find work. My kids are struggling to find work. So I just look at it that way. That okay, yeah, we have to go back to the office.
Speaker 3: At least you have a job.
Speaker 2: Good on you.
Speaker 3: I can tell you're an awesome person, Sarah, that you can just.
Speaker 2: Take something and say, Okay, it's not what I want, but here's the upside. And I think we need to do that more often with more things.
Speaker 4: Sarah, be careful out there on the roads. Thank you for starting your morning off with us. I've got to take a break on the flip gonna rect check for you. We'll find out what trending, and we'll get set up for the game. Brought to you by Marvel Studios Thunderbolts only in theaters. May Second get tickets now.
Speaker 9: Ho Houston's alternative and Helm of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 4: It's chili. No, it's cold. It's cold outside. That's chili. Upper forties, that's chili. It's cold outside. We got a forty percent chances of early morning showers, sunny later on highs of around sixty eight. I'm just doing a quick morning phone call with my kid and I'm trying to hang up with her in the break there, and she's I'm like.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have a great day school. She's say, well, what's trending? She knows what the people are coming here for. She said, what's trending? So you you ran these by her already? She approved? She approved? Okay, So what tell everyone else? National Championship Game is trending?
Speaker 3: First leak congratulations to the Yukun Lady Husky's they beat South Carolina yesterday. But the real story is the Houston Cougars taking on Florida tonight at eight forty trying to win their first basketball national title. Absolutely stunned Duke in a comeback win on Saturday night, the biggest Final Four comeback in history. Wow, and uh yeah, awesome stuff. But go Coog's We're all rooting for you. Also training his White Lotus. Season three finale of White Lotus was last night and people are talking about it.
Speaker 2: I'm in on it.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch last night, but I am almost caught off. I'm gonna start watching now that I can just binge it. Okay, then why I get caught up on the week to week madness?
Speaker 2: It's good. I'll tell you what. Mike White White Lotus meme going around for Duke. That was funny.
Speaker 4: Mike White, who makes this, He's just got a unique way of storytelling, and he creates suspense.
Speaker 2: He creates a lot of weird stuff. Anxiety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's great at that with multiple stories, with just making you anxious when you're watching it.
Speaker 2: He's he's a really brilliant Did you miss Jennifer Coolidge this season?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean you always caught a miss her. But it's okay. There's some other repeat characters.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, and then also treading Alexander Ovechkin.
Speaker 7: I know no one cares.
Speaker 2: About hockey and usoni, but we do.
Speaker 3: And he broke Wayne Gretzky's all time goals record yesterday, scoring his eight hundred and ninety fifth goal. He could have broken it on Friday, he had an empty editor, told his coach, no, I don't want to go in. I'm not doing that, and uh so he broke it the right way. He broke it in the exact amount of games that Gretzky set his wreck. Wow, so it has one goal more in the exact same amount of games. Pretty crazy stuff, But congratulations Alexandro Vetchkin. That's his trending on night every by the bus.
Speaker 10: I'm all crag.
Speaker 2: Oh you got Old Greg for me here? Okay, that's good news.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody, it's Old Greg sticking around. I'm your fresh out of bed, head to head to day a cham teams. You know I'm no one pomp man peach throwing me on Monday as I'll make it wayning number three?
Speaker 2: Did you seven one, three two.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 4: If you think you can beat Old Rag, well you better call now seven one, Giovanni and the Hired Guns on the BU ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Milk Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't had a chance to look yet.
Speaker 2: You can. Please, don't wait for me, don't wait for an invitation.
Speaker 3: Chili's got links up, Alex's six picks up. Looking at girls blog page, food blog page, crazy criminal blog page, all that stuff all going on the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Forty chance of early morning.
Speaker 3: Showers giving way to some sunny skies.
Speaker 2: It's sun hope, it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Warm it up at least still to sixty eight. But it's forty eight outside right now, come on, and now.
Speaker 12: It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 7: I'm a crag.
Speaker 2: Bring that old rag.
Speaker 11: I can barely hear you here?
Speaker 2: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How are you?
Speaker 13: Bro good?
Speaker 2: How you doing well? It comes out grand?
Speaker 3: He's a scale of manfish.
Speaker 2: I'm doing well, dude, I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: What do we got here? What's on the plate? You're going for win number three?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Sir? Okay?
Speaker 3: Old Greg taking on Hey, paternity Paul.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey, good morning for the rod through. Welcome back to the show, dude, appreciate it. It's been a few years. Has it been a few years.
Speaker 4: I mean we've talked to you about sething, but you haven't played fresh out of bed in a couple of years.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Two time Hall of Famer, but uh, tough getting in, old Greg.
Speaker 4: I got a two time Hall of Famer here, Dang who's been chomping at the bit, as they say, to get back in.
Speaker 2: All right, well, welcome back to make good use of your time.
Speaker 4: You know how tough it is to get through now paternity Paul, Yes, sir, Same thing with old Greg.
Speaker 2: It was like for ever since he played.
Speaker 4: Okay, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I don't even know what you're playing for here. Oh it's a Rob Ryan Show T shirt.
Speaker 2: Here we go. You're shouting out your name, Paul and Greg.
Speaker 4: It's a Monday, Alex, I got you got your ears on, You got your ears on, my best Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you bringing them in today. I got questions here we go. Question number one, what.
Speaker 3: Is the day that comes after Monday?
Speaker 2: Greg? Paul? Tuesday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was wondering if you timed it perfectly or you sounded like you didn't really hear me. The question was, what is the day that comes after Monday and paternity? Paul said, I'm Ron Burgundy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 3: Paul's on the board. Welcome back to the game, Old Greg. He got in there quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, here we go, both boys here listening up.
Speaker 2: Paul, Greg?
Speaker 4: What major US interstate passes through Houston?
Speaker 2: And Paul? Old Greg? Old? Greg, I tends a correct answer.
Speaker 4: I know people, I know people are concerned about the whole question here. These are coming in from Jill and her husband Still. Which major US interstate passes through Houston and New Orleans and it's known for being the southernmost cross country interstate. Fun facts today we're doing two bits at one time. Yeah, crazy, Okay, Greg on the board, Greg, welcome back from the weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the win. Here we go. What is the name of the famous mouse? Right a?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Greg was burning questions? Got a tie on that one. Boys, looks like you both want it. What is the name of the famous mouse? What mouse was I looking for?
Speaker 2: Greg? Yeah? Is that what you were going to say?
Speaker 15: Paul?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the famous mouse created by Walt Disney.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh well, here we go for the win. What season comes after summer? Paul Paul rhymes with Paul, and we got a new champion out there.
Speaker 3: Good game boys, good.
Speaker 2: Thanks man.
Speaker 3: Paul.
Speaker 4: Paul's got that tiny down he is with the a two time Hall of Famer. Uh, Old Greg, come on, you're there. I was loving the drops and everything. Now I gotta say goodbye, Bro.
Speaker 2: I'll be back in thirty man. That's what everybody says. Okay, all right, old Greg, you're out of here. Hey, Paul, you gotta Rob Ryan show T shirt? You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 14: Come, I will?
Speaker 2: Okay, Bro, good to have you back.
Speaker 7: Ryan's show, Fun ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The buzz that was air guitar in that a little bit three days Grace and just like you, Good morning, Rob Ryan's show on this milk Monday, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Back from the weekend. Should check out Alex's six picks. Yet, I've been a little busy overwhere. I will I will. You were telling me that do it? I just cruffish boil this week outfish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, sig Okay, you didn't get rained out on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Man tense good.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 4: We had a forty percent chance of some early morning showers. Sonny highs them around sixty eight. Today it's forty eight outside.
Speaker 12: A fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: You put away the old Greg Drops had to damn it. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 14: This is two time Hall of Famer Paternity Paul. Believe it or not, It's been a couple of years since I've been on this game, but obviously I came to play. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Join me on Tuesday when I make it win number two my bea.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get right into the next saggi. Here, it's the fuck That to the day. We make you look smart and funny.
Speaker 3: Here, buddies, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 4: While people are eating their brecky hell, this is the next This is the next segi on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh it was short for segment, gotcha? Trying to speed things up a little bit.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, the segi is called the fun Facts of the Day. I brought us some new ones for you.
Speaker 16: A uh.
Speaker 2: A chauffeur. A chauffeur is a male driver.
Speaker 3: A female chauffeur is called a chaffuse. Blowing minds, blowing minds, breaking necks, cash and checks.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. I'm still gonna get it wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, choffuse. The eight pawns on a chessboard, they.
Speaker 4: All used to have their own individual names based on non royalty jobs. It's been a while since I played some chess. Did you ever learn the.
Speaker 2: Game, Alex? I did time. Yeah, it's been a while. Yeah. Those pawns have names.
Speaker 4: The gambler, the policeman, the innkeeper, the merchant, the doctor, the weaver, the blacksmith.
Speaker 2: And the farmer.
Speaker 13: The are all short.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're little little gamblers. They were all just little gamblers to me.
Speaker 4: Final fun fact for you today, The dream Cast sold so poorly.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember this video game console.
Speaker 4: It was the last video game console that Sega ever released.
Speaker 2: I do remember.
Speaker 3: It sucks. I mean one person that had it, Sega ruled the world for a while. Man in that commercial like Genesis Sega. Yeah they would and their commercials. I mean it was a big deal. That was the last video game console that Sega ever released. It destroyed them. It was very influential.
Speaker 4: The Dreamcast is now known as the very first console with a built in modem.
Speaker 2: That's neat.
Speaker 4: They all got online play obviously dominates the industry right now, and the Sega Dreamcast we have them to thank for it. So it was a turd but influential turduck.
Speaker 12: Back in the day, we make you look smart and everybody's it's the fuck back.
Speaker 4: To the day three eleven Bad Flower Live, May ninth, seven one three Music Hall tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 3: Of course, your pals here and we're all your pals. We've got tickets for you.
Speaker 10: It's sure.
Speaker 4: Gotta go back to Friday on the fun fact flashback. Most people do this fourteen to twenty three times every day seven one three, two one two five.
Speaker 2: Nine four five. Oh come on now, it's.
Speaker 3: Now time for rockout with your stock out.
Speaker 2: With Captain Cash. If we don't have a little fun with this stuff, I mean you ate fun. Yeah, you're you're not fun. Don't look at me like that.
Speaker 4: I have to have a little fun here because when we come over to you now, lately you've been the least fun guy.
Speaker 2: I know I've taken care of you all these years.
Speaker 13: Now give me a break.
Speaker 2: Okay, why not? Now, what's happening?
Speaker 13: So for Friday, the Dow was down two thousand, two hundred and thirty one and kick off this morning at thirty eight thousand, three hundred and fourteen. Nasdaq down nine hundred and sixty two to fifteen thousand and five seventy eight. Benchmarktenior Treasury is trading at a three point ninety nine percent in oil STANSUS sixty dollars thirty four cents a barrel to the most actors, the big studs, there was one in the green. It was Nike, the big duds, Boeing, three M, and Chevron. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on consumer credit for February right now, futures h there you go, they're on the downside. Come on's turn this baby around.
Speaker 15: That's it.
Speaker 13: I'm out here. This is how a managed director with the Ramon James porter for the Rod Ryan Show from Raymon James on San Philipe me guss and don't forget toys.
Speaker 15: Rock out with your stock.
Speaker 2: Out, get out.
Speaker 6: Obamian's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those are Raymond, James and associates. Income Ever, NYT AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 3: We'll continue.
Speaker 6: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 4: Young Times thirty four Fun Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Get your back, Get James on the phone, good morning, good morning, Hi James.
Speaker 4: Most people do this fourteen to twenty three times every single day.
Speaker 2: Most people what do they do?
Speaker 4: Past gas, fart show me fart Winner, Congratulations James, Hell Yeah, Dude, three eleven, three eleven, Bad Flower Live, May ninth seven, one three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: You are in, Dude, I want to cuss so bad.
Speaker 15: I say, I appreciate it, Thanks you.
Speaker 2: Please, no cussing. Alrighty, I'm going to deal with these guys in the room here, so all right.
Speaker 3: Congratulations bro Hey Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, ninety.
Speaker 2: Four point five bus station from iHeart Radio, The.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five twenty four or five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Panic got the disco in high Hopes MILF Monday. I gotta get over there. I gotta get over there and check out some of these links here. That's the one I haven't seen yet. The other ones I kind of already worked up and sent over to chill this morning. There's some good stuff on that. Looking a girl's blog page.
Speaker 3: Got a forty percent chance of early morning showers today. Sunny skies later highs them around sixty eight. It's still about forty eight outside Alex Water Houston's headlines for.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Everyone.
Speaker 3: Stocks continue to plunge as the US Treasury Secretary says dozens of countries want to negotiate tariffs in response to President Donald Trump's announcement of sweeping tariffs last Wednesday, Top administration officials reported over fifty countries have initiated contact with the White House to begin negotiations regarding the new import taxes. The announced tariff levels include a universal ten percent duty on all imports, with higher rates for specific countries, such as a thirty four percent tariff on Chinese goods and a twenty percent tariff on products from the European Union. Speaking on meat the press yesterday, Treasury Secretary of Scott Thescent emphasized that addressing unfair trade practices as a complex process, stating that these issues are not quote the kind of thing that you can negotiate away in days or weeks. President Donald Trump has announced a seventy five day extension for byte Dance, TikTok's parent company, to divest its US operations, postponing the potential ban of the popular social media app. The decision comes amid ongoing negotiations and recent escalations and trade tensions between the US and China. The extension aims to provide additional time to finalize a deal that addresses national security concerns while allowing TikTok to continue its operations in the United States.
Speaker 2: A deal to sell the company which reportedly close.
Speaker 3: To being worked out early last week, but Trump's announcement of his tariffs led to China to change its mind and back away from the deal. What temperature do you like your shower at Do you like it's scalding hot or do you want a nice cold shower to wake you up.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just a warm guy. I like starting it cold in the morning and then go into warm. You get a little cold in the beginning.
Speaker 4: So I'm seeing a lot of people because we have this up on the X this morning at Rod Ryan's show, and a lot of people have, like you.
Speaker 2: Said, there's a little mini routine that's in there, a little kick and then you go back to then you just switch it to warm.
Speaker 4: Okay, am I on the belief and are you do you share this that women take scalding hot showers.
Speaker 3: If you've ever been in my life after them, hottest showers, imaginable melt lava, hot lava, melt your skin hot, my skin boils. I have that thought about women, Yes, all women.
Speaker 4: I don't think you're hot the hottest temperature possible and just standing there getting scalded every morning. My question is what's your preferred shower temperature. It really wasn't that interesting, although I just wanted to see, like.
Speaker 2: How many of those cold psychos are out there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it want it hot, forty five warm, and two and a half percent out there taking cold showers.
Speaker 2: That's the military. That's quick. Maybe maybe but this was a national thing I stole. They were talking about it on Reddit.
Speaker 3: Yea, there's a survey on Reddit had over four thousand replies, and the top responses where there are forty four percent of people said they want it roasty toasty whatever that means.
Speaker 2: Thirty three percent said warm.
Speaker 3: I think that's the sanest group of people in that category, ten percent said fiery hot, ten percent aka women. Then eight percent said they wanted lukewarm, while three percent said cold. So kind of accurate with what what our survey is on our on our X page at rod Ryan Show. Dermatologists say that the ideal shower timperatus somewhere between ninety eight and one hundred and five degrees. In Hollywood, where anything that was ever successful is prime for reboot. A lot of people online have been curious as to why Desperate Housewives hasn't been yet considered for a reboot, but Desperate Housewife star Eva Longoria says that she would be all about a reboot a reboot and says that she would be the first person to sign on for one.
Speaker 2: Series.
Speaker 3: Creator Mark Cherry says he's thought about doing a prequel series for the popular show that probuted in two thousand and four and ran for eight seasons.
Speaker 4: Oh one of those chicks was one of those ones that was involved in the college scandal, William H.
Speaker 2: Macy's wife. Oh really, she was one of the Desperate Housewives.
Speaker 3: So I remember when it was on was it was it like Cougar Town was Courtney Cox and that was like competing.
Speaker 2: With Desper Housewise, I think there was there was a hot older women, there was a milfy Cougary. It was a fair I mean I didn't hate it, move and watch it, but all the ads I.
Speaker 3: Remember during football all right, fire festival, Yeah, Fire Festival two point zero, come on, it is It's not gonna happen. It turns out they're having some issues venue issues. At least a month before the planned event, TMZ got a hold of these text messages that claim the town of Plia del Carmen, Mexico, is backstabbing. One message reads, they as in the government posted on x et cetera, giving their blessing and support, and then yesterday say we've never heard of them. Another text read at this point, we're not doing any event there and we plan on making it a very public showing of all the evidence. This comes days after the man behind Firefest, Billy McFarland, stated online that he was working with that town to make fire the Festival happen and share a timeline of paperwork, work being signed and fees being paid to play.
Speaker 2: Adel Carmen, just.
Speaker 3: Don't It's like he went to jail for duping people. It's like the hawk to a coin. Like if you lost your life savings, that's on you for doing the hawk to a coin. If you're losing a fortune trying to go to Firefest two point zero, Just don't you saw what happens the first one.
Speaker 2: Just sit this one out, all right? You could go to the third one if this one works out. It won't though.
Speaker 3: Under the fun stuff, Yeah, sports please cone Yeah. Yukon Lady Huskies. They're the national champions in women's college basketball. They blew out South Carolina eighty two to fifty nine in the national championship game yesterday. It's their twelfth women's national title and their first since twenty sixteen. The men's game, we got the men's national championship tonight in San Antonio. The Houston Cougars are gonna play the Florida Gators in that one. Let's go Koog's U of H is coming off and in satan seventy to sixty seven comeback win over Duke on Saturday in the Final for the largest Final four comeback in history. The Cougs are one and a half point underdogs coming into night's game.
Speaker 2: Not that day care.
Speaker 3: Tip off is at seven to fifteen and you can watch the game on CBS. In the NBA, Rockets are the hottest team in basketball. They meet the Warriors one of six to ninety six last night. In the game they got kind of chippy, was a little bit like a hockey game at times. Alpera and Shane Gun dominated Draymond Green after Green got in his face, and Am and Thompson put Steph Curry in a body bag all night, holding him to just three points on the evening and wins secures the Rockets no worse than the three seed in the Western Conference playoffs. They'll have a couple of days off before playing the Clippers on Wednesday night in LA. In baseball, Astros gotta win Yesterday they got by the Twins nine to seven. They took two of three from Minnesota over the weekend. They're gonna open up a three game series with the Mariners tonight. Hayden was from sam Houston State. It'll be on the mound for this show as he's going up against Seattle's Logan Gilbert. First pitches at eight forty and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is what's going on in sports? All right, let's go, guys, The.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 4: The Buzz, We go right ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Come home, Welcome to.
Speaker 2: The seventh spot. I got seven oh seven right now. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you for joining us on this Milk Monday journey.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining the show, wakey, wakey, hands off cupcakey wrap it up though, put it back on.
Speaker 2: Put it back on, the cupcake. It's cold, man.
Speaker 4: It's forty eight outside, early morning showers, sunny later.
Speaker 2: On today with clear skies, high of sixty eight. We have one more cold day and then I believe it's going to warm up a little bit, which is good.
Speaker 6: But I.
Speaker 2: Turned the heater on my house this morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the heat was on. I had the fireplace on yesterday little bit too.
Speaker 2: It's okay. I'm not complaining. It's not overly hot.
Speaker 4: It is April seventh, and I'm appreciating.
Speaker 2: Each and every one of you hanging out with us. I mentioned it was a big, big week.
Speaker 4: Our friends over at Carbach are having their big Love Street Fest on Saturday, and you can get tickets.
Speaker 2: VIP tickets are available, and it's the Saturday.
Speaker 4: And then those guys are going to be joining us because they are our beer sponsor out there.
Speaker 2: At the golf tournament.
Speaker 4: Golf tournament's on Wednesday, so they got a couple of big, big things coming up.
Speaker 2: I heard him mentioning art car parade.
Speaker 4: I don't always lock in on that date, but I do enjoy looking at the art cars that might be this weekend too.
Speaker 3: Oh nice.
Speaker 2: You have to go look that up.
Speaker 4: Alex's six Picks. We'll find out about his weekend. He's got picks up.
Speaker 2: And then you gotta check out with Chili.
Speaker 4: This guy claims to not do anything on the weekends, and then he's posting boxing videos on our Instagram.
Speaker 2: I saw that at rod Ryan's show, so we got to check in with him.
Speaker 4: But there is some new information that is available on the main frame if you log out of the buzz dot com. And this is just so you can talk to your buddies that are in local bands, because we know that they're probably not up right now. But we're bringing back something called bring On Buzzfest. We're looking for a Houston area band to Bring on Buzzfest as the opening act on the main stage, May twenty fourth, Cynthia Woods, Mitchell Pavilion in the Woodlands.
Speaker 2: Hopefully local bands.
Speaker 3: You've left that date open, You've been out there rehearsing, you're out there gigging.
Speaker 2: I'd just like to play in front of a.
Speaker 3: Huge audience at Buzzfest and warm up the crowd just ahead of Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, Blo October Pod and the other sounds very cool.
Speaker 4: Now, there's a couple of things. You sign up your band and then you'll be voted on by music industry professionals. I think we're in there. I think they're considering us in there as well. I'd like to be a music industry professional. Deadline for submissions is going to be noon next Friday, April eighteen. Now, if you're gonna submit a band, no fan submissions the band or the like, you know your girlfriend, unless your girlfriend's the band manager, that's cool.
Speaker 2: You can submit Oh who's this? Oh this is Rosie An.
Speaker 3: Rosie's brought on Buzzfest before briefly but still they did it not their fault.
Speaker 2: Show started a.
Speaker 4: Little late, so then we got to do a couple of tunes. Rosie's playing Wednesday before the golf tournament.
Speaker 2: They're coming out. I'm excit for that. Yeah, they're gonna come out.
Speaker 4: I think it's like the third year those guys who come out and played live before the golf tournament. But yeah, this is a band that's that's brought on Buzzfest before. The band must be from the Houston listening area. It's gotta be a performance video of an original song, so we don't This is one where we don't want to hear like this is Rosie in the studio. To get that gig, they had to they had to submit a live video. And that's what all the bands are gonna have to do. We want to see you live. So again, I'm not going to go through this whole thing. It's bring on Buzzfest and it's an amazing opportunity for one local band who was Mirror Lake. When Mirror Lake opened up, I was watching their set next to Aaron Jones on the side of the stand. Before that, Aaron Jones came out and said, well, who's this.
Speaker 2: I go it's a local band. You got to listen to them, and he's like okay. So he stood there and we watched. We watched Mirror Lake set with Aaron Jones. Yeah, they did loocid Illusions. Also they've done it before Winter as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's a really really fun thing. Local bands, get your stuff into us. What you need to do is log on to the mainframe, log onto the buzz dot.
Speaker 2: Came man, I to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it? Okay?
Speaker 4: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. My man Chili's standing by. He was watching some boxing this weekend.
Speaker 3: That right, I'm giving away Offspring tickets, Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory.
Speaker 2: What a show.
Speaker 4: August twenty third, out there at the Woodlands. That's what somebody is going to win by playing the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 2: But you need to get the cue right now.
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two five nine four five Brought to you by Marvel Studios.
Speaker 2: Thunderbolts only in theaters. May Second get tickets now.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back everybody. We're getting all set up for the Texas Hammer Game and we get all that rain behind us, so we got nothing but sunny Sky's coming our way. Highs up around sixty eight is gonna warm up, but it's still like at around fifty degrees depending on where you're at.
Speaker 2: But what he got trending, well, milk Monday is trending. Okay, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: Look nearra Balock, submitted to us by Tony from Friendswood.
Speaker 2: He played checking her out, so go look at her at the.
Speaker 3: World Fess rod Ryan showpage at thebuzz dot Com.
Speaker 2: I'm going right now. Jane North is also trending.
Speaker 3: The actor that played Dennis the Menace passed away at the age of seventy three, so people are sending their condolences his way.
Speaker 4: And then he always talked. He never really became like super famous after that. He did some voice work on some cartoons. I think he remained in the industry, but boy, when you see interviews of him talking about his time as Dennis the Menace, not the cartoon, like this is the old TV show of the movie. Okay, no, no, no, this is old, old, old. He was a child actor and he did it for like three years. The mistreatment of children back then, you know, there was there was really nobody overseeing things. And I don't know for some reason, is aunt was there. There was She was pulling his hair and yelling at him and beating them and stuff the whole time he was on Dennis the Menace. It's like, yeah, and then that kid's like five years old and he's responsible for everybody's income.
Speaker 2: That's pretty wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there was just no protection for children. He did not have a good time and he never really did anything great afterwards. But yeah, he did not have a good time at that doing that role when he.
Speaker 3: Was a kid, and then also training his Page Beckers, the Yukon Guard and star one A. Nash her first national championship with the Ask He's Yesterday. They blew out South Carolina to win the women's national title. She will be the number one overall pick in the upcoming w NBA draft that is trending.
Speaker 2: In ninety were five debuts Okay, I just saw I saw your six picks on links and guests. I got the milk. Oh my god, Okay, I got that milk.
Speaker 4: I see why it's doing so well. Great submission this morning, So hit us up on links and guests.
Speaker 2: This is DM Adler and it's.
Speaker 16: Time to play the Texas Hammer Games.
Speaker 2: I gotta hit over the lakes and guests too. From Home, What Raw Ryan on ninety more by the.
Speaker 4: All right after Buzzfest, this is the show. There's a lot of competition out there, but Offspring, Jimmy Eat World, Newfound Glory. Come on, what a show, What a lineup. It's going down to August.
Speaker 2: Twenty third, the Woodlands Pavilion. Time to play the.
Speaker 4: Texas Hammer Game. We've got the Texas Hammer spitting the lyrics. You have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. He's just gonna give you a lyric from the song. We tell him, don't do the chorus, right, Yeah, you get me a little bit. J Yeah, I gotta make it a little so, you know, usually it's somewhere it's a verse or something.
Speaker 2: Keaton, Keaton, good morning, Good morning, brother, Welcome back to the show. Dude, how are you. I'm doing all right. How about y'all great Texas Hammer Game? You ready? Oh, let's do it all right. Let's take a listen to the great Jim Adler.
Speaker 16: If beggars can't be choosers, but I'll pay for all I've done.
Speaker 3: Geez, that could be one hundred songs, Keaton, what's this? What's the name of the band? What's the name of the song?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Three two Britney Spears. Oops, I did it together. But now.
Speaker 4: I'll say this just because it needs to be said now. Usually it's a song. Well, it's always a song that we play here on the station. Hey, Billy, good morning, Hey, good morning, Good morning, Billy. Let's take a listen together to the Texas Hammer If.
Speaker 16: Beggars can't be choosers, but I'll pay for all I've done.
Speaker 2: I need the name of the band and the name of the song, Billy, uh man it heady won by beggars can't be choosers. No, but not a bad guess, Not that I know what you said, but that's not it.
Speaker 4: Seven one, three, two and two, five nine four five Texas Hammer Games, The Rod Ryan Show ninety four or five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Ryan Show, Shine Down, and did Don't Die. I'm missing you guys today. I mean, I know you're out there listening and thank you very much. I'm when I say i'm missing you, is I'm missing the Monday Selface.
Speaker 3: I like those pictures, dude, I like those pictures in the morning. I get to see a lot of you guys on Wednesday, though it's golf tournament. You see you see the forecast, no rain, two eighty two sunny skies.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be awesome, dude.
Speaker 13: You know that.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan showed Charity Golf Open and even just this morning, I was talking to my buddy Chris and he said, listen, I think I got one more team here that wants to get in.
Speaker 2: I sent it over to Roger this morning, so I'm waiting.
Speaker 3: I know it's super early, but it's all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics.
Speaker 4: Hopefully this thing is sold out on it. We went into the weekend, we had like two sponsors like okay, oh for sure. The adlers are busy. They're in court or something, so they're like.
Speaker 2: Well, pif, why don't you just go ahead and sell them off for some even know I've paid for it. I'm like, all right, they're so generous. So yeah.
Speaker 3: Admiral Transfer and Rigging, Duke and CC in as our title sponsors, The rod Ryan showed Charity Golf Open benefiting Texas Adapted Aquatics, Carbock Garzy Italian Kitchen. We're gona be eating again Awesome Roosters Bar in Dayton, Texas, Willie's Ice House and Grill.
Speaker 4: They said they're set up and ready to rock. Express Crane and Rigging in this year. Shell FCU of course stepped up again. Integrity Pool Scapes, Splat Zone, Indoor Paintball Splat Houston.
Speaker 2: They're in nice.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking, like I'm gonna bring on some of those paintball guns. I don't think we should do that. I think, yeah, okay, but Splat. Thank you guys for coming in. Of course, you know we're in the middle of the Jim Adler Game. Still great sponsor of the tournament. Mainland Tool Junction Bar and Griller in got a Hole in one.
Speaker 3: Contest for you, a chance to win a ten thousand dollars Yellowstone Landscape Company is in this year.
Speaker 2: First timers R and J.
Speaker 4: Precision Welding, Stormbusters of Texas and roofing contractors. Richard and Sun's Service. We got Richard and the Sun. They're in Spaghetti Western Meatballs. Nice the meatballs. The ridiculous is spaghetti Western. They always set up. They set up a whole sponsorship and they bring out their meatballs. Porky's Backyard. Crawley Signing Graphics. Past the gravy there's a hole. There's a past the gravy hole again, NEC Signage. They're gonna have a hole out there. They're gonna be all set up out there. That's great, bro, Brad the chili hole. These are all Holespons. Yeah, I'm pretty sick. All right, it's gonna be a good time on Wednesday. And the weather looks like it's gonna be awesome out there at Wildcat, so I'll get to see a lot of you out there. I'm really really looking forward to Wednesday. Man, I'm ready to party.
Speaker 1: This is the man.
Speaker 2: It's time to play the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 15: With Ron Ryan on ninety four b.
Speaker 2: Alright, let's say we got a pretty tough one in there today. Texas Hammer Game. Matt is next.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Matt, Good morning, came with the sub. Dude, we're playing the Texas Hammer game. We got people stumped over here. We're playing a lyric and then you have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Let's take a listen and give me the same one, Alex.
Speaker 16: If beggars can't be choosers, but I'll play for all.
Speaker 15: I've done.
Speaker 2: Well, Uh, name of the band, name of the song? I have no idea, Rod, oh, we got we do have a tough one.
Speaker 17: I think.
Speaker 2: I think what's happening here? In addition to everybody losing it's it's it's pretty recent. Yeah, sometimes you go like with some real old stuff and this this is not old. So this is just a little bit of a stumper. I would have imagine a bunch of people.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Travis, welcome to the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 2: Play that lyric for me.
Speaker 16: If beggars can't be choosers, but I'll.
Speaker 2: Play for all.
Speaker 3: I'm done, Man, I got no idea, Travis, help me out with this. What's the name of the band? What's the name of the song?
Speaker 7: Anita favored by jelly Roll?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is tricky, Alex, I didn't know we had new stuff like that in there.
Speaker 12: We did.
Speaker 2: The Hammer came in specially just to cut.
Speaker 4: Some Okay, dude, that was jelly roll and need a favorite. Congratulations dude, you are the winner today. Bro, how do you feel about this?
Speaker 2: Offspring?
Speaker 4: Jimmy Eat World Newfound Glory Show, August twenty three.
Speaker 15: Awesome?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a lineup, man, That's gonna be a fun night for fun day for sure. All right, Travis, thanks for battling us out. You did great today on the game.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, man, hang on for me. We'll set you up with your tickets. And thank you to the great Texas Hammer.
Speaker 2: You guys are awesome. Ryan Show, The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: It's a bro, it's our buddy's jelly roll and need a favor And that was the lyric today on the Texas Hammer Game. It is MILF Monday, and then of course it's the day that we play the Texas Hammer Game every Monday, seven twenty that all Spring show, Jimmy World Newfound Glory.
Speaker 2: All the information is on the concert calendar.
Speaker 4: If you log onto the Buzz dot com you'll see things like Coheed and Cambria, taking Back Sunday, September eighth, seventy one to three Music Hall. I mentioned that show specifically because we'll give away tickets today in the eighth in the eight o'clock hour, closer to around eight twenty Pixies and Spoon and then I've got some great tickets that we've given away on No the show. I feel like I'm making a mistake if I say what we're giving away I know the show today, Chilly, Am I free and clear on those know the show tickets because they don't go on sale until this Friday at ten.
Speaker 2: That's usually what that catches my eye, that says, hey, don't say anything until the designated time. Am I my good to go on those?
Speaker 15: I'm checking right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just gonna say we got a great ticket for you, I know the show.
Speaker 3: Until you figure that one out, Yeah, I don't. I know they're not going on sale until Friday. I had mentioned it one time early this morning, so somebody can go back and check the tape on that.
Speaker 18: Actually it says norm it's clear, it says not. It doesn't say window announced or anything on my notes.
Speaker 3: All right, well, we're giving away tickets to go see the Hives September ninth at the House of Blues.
Speaker 4: Tickets go on sale Friday at ten am. Maybe that maybe that is the concert announcement right now. Maybe I just did one that wasn't I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's an announcement.
Speaker 4: To most people, they didn't know that that that that which Hive show was happening. That's a great show, yeah.
Speaker 18: Because usually when we get our prizes for the next week, it says announce its at a certain time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like hey, Rod, shut your fat mouth until this time.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean it was just regular like no, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: So we're good on that, all right. We are good on what I said earlier today too, just hitting Dingers today, Alex. Yeah, Art Car Parade is this weekend. Bailed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we've got a pretty good look at weekend ahead of us. I had already mentioned Love Street Fest is on Saturday. So yeah, really awesome weekend on tap. Of course, everyone's got their eye on the price tonight.
Speaker 2: Koob's baby Coopy. I think I had a little something to play. I think I did. I do have something to play there? No, no, not that one. Oh not that are you doing? I don't know, what do you what are you even doing? No?
Speaker 4: Not that.
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 13: Why do play it?
Speaker 16: All?
Speaker 3: Right? Well?
Speaker 2: I got something to play later on. Then do you want to find Koog's fact? I would love some facts.
Speaker 3: So, since steeles became an official stat in nineteen eighty six, NCAA tournament teams are third or three hundred and thirty five and one in games where they beat their opponent in field goal percentage, free throw attempts, assists, having fewer turnovers and steals. The lone loss in that one scenario is Duke on Saturday Night, whoa three hundred and thirty five and one? And Calvin Sampson just said, if you guys, we're gonna go out there, We're gonna play defense. We're gonnauffocate you when it matters most. We're gonna get the turnovers and we need to, and we're gonna hit our free throws.
Speaker 4: Did you say there was a Duke meme trending and it was a white lotus like an older gentleman. That's too old, but a guy with a Duke T shirt on and maybe a gun in his hands.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's white lotus. Yeah, So that was all over the place on Saturday night. The internet is so undefeated on that. Yeah, it is so great. Let's take a listen to this here. Oh well, turn to a nextional prominence for the Tators Florida.
Speaker 15: We'll play for the nuctional title.
Speaker 19: Well, Todd Golden and I'm like, we'll be looking for Now, here's a championship. It's good dream, it's alive for the Houston Tugers. A serious compback to knocked off Duke at Advance to the National Championship Day.
Speaker 2: All right, that'll get you excited. Yeah, that'll get you excited.
Speaker 3: I'm talking to Sophia at the at the When you come in to iHeart Houston, you come in and pick up a prize or something like that, and you got some business here, you're always gonna run into Sofia first.
Speaker 2: He's a real treat. She's the best. She's absolutely the best. She's got her coups gear on.
Speaker 3: She was at the game this weekend, yea. Now on her way to San Antonio, she stopped off at Bucky's obviously, and you know who tracked her down for a picture because it obviously he said, oh my god, you're Sophia from Iheartia.
Speaker 2: From Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he tracked her down for a picture her and her husband Edward. Uh, how came the dream?
Speaker 2: The guy the Dream was at Bucky's really sick. She got a picture with him. I saw that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna steal it. I'm stealing that picture. I'll put it up on her stories or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's like the biggest Cougar fan there is, Like when they were at UH when they had college game, but she's like, don't.
Speaker 2: Forget to mention the college game day is gonna be here.
Speaker 3: Times.
Speaker 2: She's always going to the like yeah, she had kids go and it's it's just.
Speaker 3: It's so like I know so many Kook's fans, and like it's cool that they're finally in a big one.
Speaker 2: Like I know that they have been in the past, but like to get back to that.
Speaker 3: But like Miguel her Son, the fact that he's at the school right now and this is going on, you want to talk about like the lifelong memory like yeah, like maybe for maybe a little bit more years than that and at college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's it's unbelievable. I mean, this hasn't happened since if.
Speaker 4: I slam a jama Yeah, so I mean to be at the school while this is happening, that's the best. Yeah, So I'm happy for everybody that's enrolled in going to the school right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just a huge thing for the city in general. But yeah, so yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna go steal that hakeeen going to BUCkies.
Speaker 6: What it did.
Speaker 2: It's just there's just like us.
Speaker 7: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 6: The rod This Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, buzz.
Speaker 4: Kay ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, and that's Alex and that's chill A. Got Alex's six picks. They're on links and guests this morning. Information about bring On Buzzfest local bands. You got a chance to bring on Buzzfest. Thanks to our friends over at Love Street Blonde helping us out with that information about the Rod Ryan Show, charity golf open It's.
Speaker 2: Going down on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Lots of stuff for you looking at girls blog Page's good Milk Monday, Sunny's guys Today, highs of around sixty eight. Let's get after it, Alex. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Stocks continue to plunge as the US Treasury Secretary says dozens of country want to negotiate tariffs in response to President Trump's announcement of sweeping tariffs last Wednesday. Top administration officials report that over fifty countries have initiated contact with the White House to be in negotiations regarding the new import taxes an announcement or The announced tariff levels include a universal ten percent duty on all imports, with higher rates for specific countries, such as a thirty four percent tariff on Chinese goods and a twenty percent tariff on products from the European Union. Speaking on Meet the Press yesterday, Treasury Secretary Scott Discent emphasized that addressing unfair trade practices is a complex process, stating that these issues are not quote the kind of thing that you can negotiate away in days or weeks.
Speaker 2: Wow, hi'd your money treasure die? Pretty much? Now? Is that good advice?
Speaker 3: Alex?
Speaker 2: I don't know. This might be better from.
Speaker 3: City to setting an incredible historical pen ex player.
Speaker 4: So the unimaginable becomes real, the impossible becomes true.
Speaker 2: Yes, where are these clips coming from?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: From missus Press yesterday? This is not good.
Speaker 3: It's some other news The measles outbreak in Texas has now resulted in the deaths of two unvaccinated children. The first fatality occurred in February, when a school aged child in Lovex succumbed to the disease, marking the first measles related death in the United States in a decade. Early last month, an unvaccinated child in New Mexico also died from measles complications. The outbreak has led to almost five hundred confirmed cases in Texas and has spread into neighboring states including New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Kansas, leading to a total of six hundred and forty two confirmed cases as of yesterday.
Speaker 2: Health Secretary Robert F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy visited Gaines County and later said that quote, the most effective way to prevent the spread of measles is from the MMR vaccine. Saturday was National Handmade Day, and that is not a day where you're celebrating the series finale of Handmaid's Tale. It is a day that celebrates the effort in dedication to the handicraft, artistry and crafts industry, as well as just creating things by hand in general.
Speaker 2: A recent poll asked people.
Speaker 3: When the last time they wrote a handwritten personal letter was and nine percent of people say that they've written one in the past month, which was the most recent option. Another twenty one percent say that they've written one in the past year. Another twenty six percent say they've they're pretty sure that they've written one in the past decade. But then twenty six percent of people said that it's been longer than a decade since they've written a handwritten letter, while.
Speaker 2: Five percent claim they've never written one.
Speaker 3: Twenty percent of gen zers between the ages of eighteen and twenty four say that they've never written a personal letter, and that was the most popular answer for that generation. In comparison, only two percent of people fifty and older claim that they have never handwritten a letter.
Speaker 2: It's so strong to write a letter, Yeah, it is so strong, Like thank you letters. There's nothing more powerful to me.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you letters. Count I've crushed writing handwritten letter. Yeah, for like engagement and baby baby stuff. Yeah, that's a letter. That's a real letter. Not writing XO XO cards like I like. Most of the time, it was like family and stuff, like I write in the card, I write like I fill up a part of the card.
Speaker 2: So you got some beautiful things to say.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to be nice. Happy birthday to my wife and my parents, my brother. Like I write, we righte handwritten cards.
Speaker 2: It's kind of thing we do. It still doesn't count as a letter. Even if you write a bunch, you have to write a lot. I do thought the whole side of the card. Sometimes I gotta go on the other side.
Speaker 3: Saturday Night Live made fun of Morgan Wallin's incident from last weekend. On their most recent episode Saturday, there was a get me to the God's Country reference in the cold open, and during weekend Update, Colin Jos joked money is leaving the stock market faster than Morgan Wallen at Good Nights. Yeah, I thought that's a funny joke, and Morgan didn't seem like he was upset about it or anything.
Speaker 2: He just kind of rolled with it because he's getting good pressed with it because.
Speaker 3: If you don't, all his songs are in the top everything downloads and people are buying his music now, so the no press is bad press crowd like take a victory lap because Wallin's six songs that You Were Is from his new album are the top six spots on Apple Music and iTunes Country charts.
Speaker 2: So it's clearly walking off stage has helped him. Right, you can get all you want.
Speaker 3: People are listening to his stuff, and the more that he's talked about the more famous.
Speaker 2: It seems like he's continuing it.
Speaker 4: Again and SNL keeping it alive too, you know what I mean. Like they could have just said, hey, we're not going to talk about this.
Speaker 2: They're health sports value. They're helping Bunny.
Speaker 3: During her Reflection residency at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, Carrie Underwoods surprise fans by inviting popa Roach to join her on stage. Together, they perform their track leave a Light On that We're listening to right now, and they have celebrated the twenty fifth anniversary of Pop Roach has Hit Last Resort with the joint rendition of that one. This marked the first live performance of these songs together. The collaboration aims to support suicide prevention efforts, with proceeds benefiting the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and promoting awareness of the nine to eighty eight Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.
Speaker 2: And then Jacoby said he hated Houston ATIA Oh oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are still a little wrong. Yeah, people still a little raw about that. All right, Let's go talk some college. Yeah, let's talk sports.
Speaker 3: The Yukon Lady Huskies are national champions. They blew out South Carolina eighty two to fifty nine in the National Championship game yesterday. So the Huskies twelfth women's national title in basketball in their first since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Now into the men's game, or just just fire that office. So let's go there we go. Co Cougars.
Speaker 3: The Houston Cougars are gonna play at the Florida Gators tonight in the men's National Championship game. U of H is coming off and insane seventy to sixty seven comeback, went over Duke on Saturday in the Final four. They're one and a half point underdogs coming into tonight's game, not that they care. Tip Off is at seven fifty and you can watch the game on CBS. In the NBA, Rockets are the hottest team in basketball. They whipped Oklahoma City, it was the one seed in the Western Conference on Friday. They let the coog star on Saturday, and then last night they did it was like it was it was a fistfight. With the Warriors, and they came out on top of one of six to ninety six in a game he got.
Speaker 2: Pretty chippy at times.
Speaker 3: Opera and Shangoon dominated Draymond Green after Green got in his face and I'm and Thompson put Steph Curry in a literal and figurative body bag on the court. Curry had three points all night after all night, after going off for forty twice last week. The win secures the Rockets no worse than the three seed in the Western Conference playoffs. That means home court advantage and they're gonna have a couple of days before play a couple of days off before playing the Clippers on Wednesday night. Rockets so fun to watch right now. Yeah, very excited and they're peaking at the right time for the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Right around the corner.
Speaker 3: This song's got me excited. Yeah, turning things around. Baby Astro's gotta win. Yesterday got by the Twins nine to seven. They took two of three from Minnesota over the weekend. Tonight they'll open up a three game series with the Mariners. Hayden Wisnski from sam Houston State is gonna be on the mound for the shows. He'll be going up against Seattle's Logan Gilbert first pitched at eight forty and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Alex Ander Ovechkin overtook Wayne overtook Wayne Gretzky to become the top scorer in NHL history.
Speaker 2: That's huge, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: That's just the exact same amount of games that Gretzky said his record. He had one more goal that could have been the headline anywhere else. Pretty great, you know, in sports for sure. What a massive accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Rock and Alternative The.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM. The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Half point part of the show. People up ninety four or five The Buzz, that's Green Day. Welcome to Paradise. Hope your up to a great start. To you today, Thank you.
Speaker 3: For joining us this morning at Coheed Tickets, they're playing with Taking Back Sunday, September eighth, sevene and three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: I got tickets for you, the tickets for the Pixies.
Speaker 4: Legendary band Pixies with Spoon September sixth, White Elk Music Hall Tickets.
Speaker 3: Early in the nine o'clock hour, and of course we'll leave you with those hive tickets that I apparently have the clearance to tell you about.
Speaker 4: Sunny's guys today, the hind today around sixty eight, and then we're gonna warm up.
Speaker 2: We'll be in the eighties pretty much the rest of the week.
Speaker 4: And it's a beautiful week, guys. The golf tournament on Wednesday, It's a beautiful day. On Wednesday, we talked about our car parade. We talked about Love Street Fest. This weekend, beautiful, beautiful, mid eighties, sunny, low chances low to no chances of rain all week. It's gonna be an awesome week. I know it's Monday. You're like, Okay, it's Monday.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a great week. Apparently, did anybody take part? I saw what you did this weekend. Did anybody go to the Houston Oyster Festival this weekend? Ooh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It makes people so mad, I said, I said, nobody likes oysters the loves Nope, they don't like them.
Speaker 2: They don't like them.
Speaker 4: They like eating them in front of people. They like telling people they like eating oysters. Nobody really likes oysters. On Saturday, Chad mc I says he I went to the Houston Oyster Festival. I've never had raw oysters before. I've had plenty out there. I had plenty out there. I don't see why people freak out over this.
Speaker 2: It was fine. The festival is great fun. But raw oysters, Eh, yeah, secrets out. Nobody likes them. That's not true, clearly, people like no. They just like telling people they I have like six picks for the weekend.
Speaker 4: Looks like your weekend was dominated by this crawfish festival.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crawfish too. It was like a crawfish party. Yeah. They do an annual crawfish boil every year. Now this is like one of your guys.
Speaker 3: What are you guys that you've known more college buds? Yeah, yeah, Now we all have kids and stuff. I think there are two like my wife and another one where another friend were pregnant. Jacob White famously of a mile of meat in the past. He settled down now he's on baby number two. So there were two pregnant girls there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I see. It's funny like you and all your buddies are on total kids. You're in that same rate.
Speaker 4: Now and you're just everybody's like crapping out kids. Yeah, at the same time, all right, this looks pretty good. Who cooks the crawfish the hosts of a party, right.
Speaker 2: My friend Darren did.
Speaker 3: If you're looking at the picture of all of the group, he and his wife are the two people on the far right next to myself and Anima.
Speaker 2: So what is his secret ingredient or is it a secret? What is the secret?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Just love love? He put raviolis in. I always like with people, throw some stuff in there.
Speaker 3: Raviolis are pretty cool one and it soaks up all that all that stuff in the boil. Okay, because I was over at Jessica's house not that long ago, and Milton busted out a brand new crawfish cooker and he made some her husband and he threw.
Speaker 2: Some stuff was a hit, some stuff was a miss. Like I'm I'm the kind of guy throw hot dogs in there, throw everything.
Speaker 3: And everything you can think around there, realistics. I feel like we should try some frozen motx relisticks. See how that turns out.
Speaker 2: Try it, you know, try it. Artichokes killer doesn't sound bad a killers sometimes if you get the can.
Speaker 3: My buddy taught me this trick, like you got to open the can and then throw it in there so that it can get in, so it can penetrate.
Speaker 2: They can, right. He threw olives in there, that was pretty good. He threw pineapple in there. I didn't like it. I don't hate the idea though. I said, was it for flavor or was it for to eat the pineapple? And he said both? And that wasn't a hit for me. I just I mean, they're not all going to be right right right, you know, like I don't eat the mushrooms and all that, but I mean just mushrooms.
Speaker 4: I need huge clothes of garlic, okay, Like I won't be making out with anybody for weeks.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I want all the garlic. There was plenty of garlic in that bad boy. Okay.
Speaker 3: So you're out there at the Crawfish at your party over here, they had like crawfish cookies and cookies look like little pieces of corn in there.
Speaker 2: Dude, I was going to ask you about the cookies. These are pro cookies. They made these in the house. I do not know these. They always have those cookies every year.
Speaker 3: It said your mom made them or something like your mom's a pro. They really went all out for this party they did. It's a big thing they do every year, and we're always excited every time we get together. Now, Chili's always bitching about like, hey man, you know because he's got six picks this weekend. Yeah, and he's gonna be telling me that he's got no plans, He's got no nothing.
Speaker 4: I log onto the Rod Ryan Show Instagram this weekend and Chili's posting boxing videos.
Speaker 2: Where was boxing going on this weekend? Dude, home run, dugout and Katie I love that place.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was pretty dope.
Speaker 18: Actually, a friend of the show, Juandias, the boxer from Houston, the baby Bolt, Yeah, baby boo.
Speaker 15: Juandias.
Speaker 18: Yeah, he's not retired, but he's the one to put that whole boxing event together.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so it was actually pretty good.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 15: I got to talk with him and his son was fighting in there.
Speaker 2: So his son's fighting now holds his kid. He's young, fourteen or fifteen, whos Okay?
Speaker 18: So the cool thing about this event is that it's for amateur boxers like kids. He was telling me, you know, I put this together and gives kids something to look forward to and stay out of trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and take all your aggression out, like do it the right way. Yeah, sit in the ring and do that.
Speaker 18: So it's every It's open to every boxing gym in the city of Houston that they have, you know, they train kids and everything they can enter. And the cool thing about it that is free. It doesn't cost the kids anything. You know, usually when they have events like that, the kids have to pay an entrance fee.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Juan was telling me, no, man, this is free.
Speaker 2: I do it for them, you know.
Speaker 18: It's his way of giving back to the community. And the home Run Dugout teamed up with them, so it was there. It was a pretty cool event. I was shocked, to be honest, that's cool.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 4: If you want to go see some boxing, really put it on our Instagram at Rob Ryan Show and I haven't seen Wan in years.
Speaker 2: Good morning, this is Juan the Baby Boodia's four time world lightweight champion and you're listening to rod Ryan Show ninety four or five the buzz nice.
Speaker 15: Yeah, dude looks the same.
Speaker 18: Also, other boxer Houstonian Rocky Wadi is from North Houston.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 15: He had three kids from his boxing gym fighting in there.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 15: There was like the cool thing about it is.
Speaker 18: When you see like seven year old kids all the way to like twenty something year old people.
Speaker 2: You know, how many how.
Speaker 4: Many seven year olds could you take in a boxing ring pro like they're trained boxers.
Speaker 2: The kids that were there, let's say none, how many none could you take? Could you take five seven year olds?
Speaker 15: None of those kids?
Speaker 2: You could not take one seven year old.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 18: Once he put those Once he puts those boxing gloves on, and you're trying to run away from them, you'll get tired.
Speaker 3: So I'll just be on the floor, all right, Alex bail you Pansy, Alex's six picks.
Speaker 4: Those are on links and guests and then Chili's got some boxing videos. You should be following us and doing all this stuff on Instagram and all the socials at rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Please follow us. Give us a little lakey pooh okay. Brought to you by Marvel's videos. Thunderbolts only in theaters. May second get tickets now of us Rock and Altar very soon The rod.
Speaker 10: Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 7: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everybody to Milk Monday. We got some tickets coming up. For you Koheed and Cambria taking back Sunday. I'll get to those tickets coming up.
Speaker 4: Rain behind us sunny skies today, high of sixty eight.
Speaker 2: It's still in the forties. And kidding me, I love this weather. We've had, man well, last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: So even when it got a little bit warm, it was like in the eighties, like low eighties, Like just if we could keep this all time.
Speaker 2: It's like, California, are you suffering from allergies?
Speaker 3: I hate the allergies part, but like the rain kind of got rid of some of that on so I think it's helped.
Speaker 2: They didn't stay around for too long.
Speaker 3: Still in the upper forties out there right now. So you were just talking milk Monday. Yeah, yeah, Golf Monday continues to trend. Areira Balak, Philick, whatever last name is, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: She's amazing.
Speaker 3: And Tony from Friendswood is the the man we should all be thanking for submitting her today.
Speaker 4: That's our number one link today. Now I see everything. Stock market is trending because stay away from that. I know, well we're waiting for the markets to open at eight thirty, so I mean it's it's bad I mean the.
Speaker 3: Dow futures are down nine hundred, Nasdaq futures down four to thirty three.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're gonna they're gonna open like they're gonna take a ding as soon.
Speaker 3: As they open.
Speaker 2: This isn't a day where we should be sad. This is the day we should be excited because the Cougar's also trending. Okay, that's U of H playing playing.
Speaker 3: Florida in the National Championship game tonight. The Coug's had the biggest Final four comeback in history on Saturday, trying to ride that high into a national title.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool stuff.
Speaker 3: Florida would have the second youngest coach in history to win a national title.
Speaker 2: He's thirty nine. Jim Valvano beat U of H. So you of H.
Speaker 3: If they lose tonight would be they would have lost the two youngest coaches in history.
Speaker 2: So just don't lose. That's like, that's all I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, right, focus on that all day. Don't look at your four one kill, look at just coops.
Speaker 2: Just all cool all day. Go cool, Cougar's take Cougar's plus one and a half. Let's just do that.
Speaker 3: There's some amazing money, right, there and then also a Minecraft movie is trending. It had the biggest box office of the year this weekend, one hundred and fifty seven million dollars. And I had justin Stanley, I was doing I've been doing ads for the Minecraft movie. Had nothing but good reviews for it. But Justine said he took his family there and he said it was an awesome not just movie but movie experience with everybody in the theater, and that Jack Black and everybody were amazing in.
Speaker 4: That number one hundred and fifty four million or fifty seven.
Speaker 3: We don't ever see box office numbers like that, and especially yeah, especially nowadays, there could be a movie and the number one movie of the weekend. It could be thirty million dollars. Yeah, you know what I mean, dwarfing everybody else so far this year. So Minecraft movie trending for that's an incredible number that they brought in over week.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, coheed with taking Back Sunday, September eighth, I got a pair of tickets for Calling number ten seven, one three two.
Speaker 17: Show I'm Spooped, Hey, ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show All American Rejects and dirty Little Secret.
Speaker 4: Well we got all the well, we have almost all the three name bands coming, uh, all American rejects. I don't know if they're coming, but we already gave away tickets to Jimmy World, Newfound.
Speaker 2: Glory and the Offering got to ruin it with their just one word name. But I got taking Back Sunday tickets the off Spring. You can kind of break into the off Spring three syllables.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you guys face Now, let me give you away a pair of tickets to go see Coheed and Cambri.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning. Hello. Who's this? Hey, this is Michael, Michael, your caller number ten.
Speaker 10: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go, dude, You're.
Speaker 3: Going Coheed and Cambria taking Back Sunday, September eight, seven, one three music call.
Speaker 7: Oh sure, can't wait, can't wait.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Thank you much, thank you, thank you. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Let's go on nunder four five fus. Now this guy's doing commercials for us. Now that's awesome. You sound great, bro? Can I ask you? I mean, this is a weird question. Do you drink beer? Michael? I will, well, do you? I'm asking are you are you a purchaser of beer or no, not so much, No, not so much, not so much. Okay, all right, I'm gonna have to ask Alex and Chili if they know. All right, Michael enjoyed the show.
Speaker 11: Dude, Thank you all, looking forward to Thanks so much, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, Bro, Thank you for listening. Alex, what is the case of beer costs? I just bought twelve bucks a case a case of beer. I don't know, twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Chili doesn't go grocery. I'm not a rich man, but I kind of look at the price of that stuff. I just Chili swipe. I know, like you need beer. I need the beer. I need cheese, I need beer. I need those eggs. I need those eggs.
Speaker 3: Now for some reason, I have been noticing the price of eggs, like five bucks, Chilli.
Speaker 2: What's the case of beer cost?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 15: Around twenty five bucks?
Speaker 2: Now that sounds more, that sounds better, twelve dollars. Where you getting your beer? At ax? Everybody wants to know where you're going for those beers. The one that I buy is it's for a six a twelve pack. It's sixteen forty nine, okay, carboc love Street.
Speaker 3: I just looked it up on h B A twelve pack nineteen seventy four. See, so I must have paid around that.
Speaker 2: But that's not a case. That's a twelve pack is a case. A twelve pack is a case. It's a case of twelve beers.
Speaker 15: Now, twenty four twenty four is a case of beer.
Speaker 2: Well, the one I bought the band I like right now is you can only get in twelves and sixes. Okay, Today's National Beer Day? Guys? Is he buying French beer? Did he just go all French on me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can only get it on twelve Drink some beer with macron. Yeah, it's National Beer Day again. We're not looking at four oh one CA's today. We're just all in on the coop drinking beers right, rooting for the Caigs. Okay, so that's it now, I'm not talking about your dumb little four pack of double IPAs.
Speaker 2: I'm not. That's not what I was talking about. Well, I feel like you were going there not a per snob. You know that I'll be gift the state with the cheapest case of beer. A case.
Speaker 4: I agree with Chili is twenty two to twenty four beers. That's okay, fair, that's fair. A case is twenty four beers.
Speaker 3: That's what traditional peace, personal experience for me is. They say the state with the cheapest case of beer is Illinois. Average price sixteen forty three.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty cheap. I know, we're paying twenty five dollars for a case of beer here.
Speaker 4: We have to be easy, right, I mean, I just told you that the twelve pack was nineteen seventy four. South Carolina was the second cheapest. We're not on you, We're in the middle. I think we're kind of an average. I did do Texas. I said, what's the average price for a case of beer in Texas? They say a twenty four pack of beer in Texas typically costs around twenty one seventy two.
Speaker 2: That sounds a little cheap to me. That's yeah, that sounds a little like when I say cheap meeting. I think I pay more. As a matter of fact, I know, I do, I know, I do.
Speaker 4: Alaska was the priciest they're paying. They're paying thirty three sixty two a case. I mean, we're not on the expensive side, We're not on the cheapest side.
Speaker 2: We're right in the middle. That's what we're paying for beer.
Speaker 4: But again, people are gonna they're gonna light me up that I don't know the prices of things. I'm just I don't do that. I just went grocery shoppings that you buy. I just went grocery shopping yesterday. Okay, I don't know what one thing costs. And it's not millionaire coming at you.
Speaker 2: It's just what I need in the house.
Speaker 3: Most times I'll look and be like, that's cheaper, Okay, am I buying. I'll buy the slightly cheaper off brand mayonnaise or whatever. But like I'm not remembering the price. I remembering it's like a dollar cheaper.
Speaker 2: You don't have that mayonnaise that you like that you just won't stray from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not like I don't really have too many things like like like where like it's a beer that I want or a beer that I like, it's like I'll go and just like I'm getting that. I'm not really looking at the price of that. I'm getting that brand that thing, you know, like AGB cheese dip. I don't ever look at the price that.
Speaker 2: I just get it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get it no matter what, right, But you gotta get that consistency show.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm getting every Friday. That's my thing. Okay, but you not. I could not tell you what the price. I was gonna put you on the spot. What does that cost? No idea? Ten bucks, maybe twelve, probably around that. I don't know. Hold on, I can google a fast risk a Kso I got it pulled up here.
Speaker 15: Thirty dollars.
Speaker 13: I'll bait you.
Speaker 2: No, fourteen fifty nine. Oh what are you a millionaire on Fridays? Fourteen fifty nine? I don't check, but you don't look at the price. I'm gonna get that no matter what.
Speaker 3: There's not like there's certain things where like I don't need to get that that's a little expensive.
Speaker 2: But like like the other day, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm probably not gonna use eggs for a week. I don't need to stock up on eggs even though we're out. Yep, I just passed on eggs because eggs are a little pricey. But like risky KEESO, it's Friday. Friday is cheesey Friday.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. I just sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure the cheddar cheese that I buy the tillamook that cheddar cheese, the sharp huddar.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's more. I don't look at the other cheeses. I'm not I want that cheese. I'm surprised. Like with the mayonnaise, you either are like a blue plate or a Duke's or whatever.
Speaker 4: Like once you get into something, boom, I think people are just yeah, they get what they want look anymore. But if you are out, I never I never bag on people that get off on saving five cents on their toothpaste with a with a with a coupon.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, that's awesome that you do that. It's just just I'm not doing that. I'm not doing the coupons.
Speaker 2: I grew up time.
Speaker 18: I grew up just getting like the store brand ones like Parade or stuff like that, and it just it just never like never wanted to change it.
Speaker 15: I'm just like, all right, that's the one I grew up eating. It was good enough back then. It's still good enough for me now.
Speaker 2: So I grew up on I grew up on government cheese.
Speaker 4: Okay, in my house because you know, I still have the boxes because that's where I kept my baseball cards.
Speaker 5: In that.
Speaker 15: One the cheese.
Speaker 4: I still have those government cheese boxes. Got all my old Reggie Jackson's in there, The.
Speaker 2: R Ryan Show, five, The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Four or five, the Bus, Papa Roach, even if it kills me, Papa Roach. On the music blog page today, it was at a Carrie Underwood show. I think she's doing some sort of a residency.
Speaker 2: Yes, the MGM. How does she have time? Isn't she on a TV show as a judge now on American Idol?
Speaker 3: The residency probably doesn't cross over that, or she don't even goes to like shoot days.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're doing tapings, maybe they're doing I don't know. I don't know where they're at right now. I know Jelly Roll was running around out there last night or something.
Speaker 2: But she's busy.
Speaker 4: She brought Ally rolling around, she brought she brought out Jacobi to do their song together. And it's the first time they've performed that song live.
Speaker 2: How great is that? Leave a light on?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: So we got that on the music blog page today. Make sure you go and you check that out. Okay, everybody's upset that I said nobody likes oysters. Nobody likes oysters. Okay, rod stop the oyster disrespect.
Speaker 2: They're great. Mix some cocktail sauce with some horse radish. Slap that on some raw oysters. It's like music to your mouth. Stop the oyster discrimination on your show yob hobby. Yeah, you gotta put so much on them. Just all right.
Speaker 4: My guess is I blindfold you if I get you a cracker and I put a little cocktail sauce on their little horse radish on there and boom, if I hand that to you're gonna that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's definitely. There's just some kind of sloppy, slimy oyster on it.
Speaker 3: Oysters is also kind of like it's like something you do with the boys, Like you want to get a dozen oysters for the table, like you and the boys just yeah, crushing some oysters like that's a fun yeah, communal thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's just so zip it, whip them out and let's eat some oysters. I mean, I get the communal thing up, okay, But it's like doing shots of Jaeger.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like nobody likes it. You're just like doing it because it's a cool thing with everybody. Hey, people like them, all right. Uh, you don't have twenty oyster emails to get.
Speaker 15: To Houston's Rock.
Speaker 9: Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Shaw. I don't get you moving on a Monday morning. It's a MILF Monday morning for us here. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. You had a chance to look around on links and guests. I know MILF is the number one link today. But Alex's six picks are up.
Speaker 2: From the weekend.
Speaker 4: We got sunny Sky's moving forward today five around sixty eight, So another day where it's gonna be a little colder, and we're gonna start tomorrow mid seventies and then it's eighties the rest of the week with low chances of rain.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a great week.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's find out what's going on in the world. Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Stocks continue to plunge as the US Secretary says dozens of countries want to negotiate tariffs and response to President Donald Trump's announcement of sweeping tariffs last Wednesday, top administration officials reported over fifty countries have initiated contact with the White House to begin negotiations regarding the new import taxes. The announced tariff levels include a universal ten percent duty on all imports, with higher rates for specific countries, like a thirty four percent tariff on Chinese goods and twenty percent tariffs on products from the European Union. It's a bloodbath. I'm looking at it right now. Yeah, you don't want to know. You don't want to know.
Speaker 2: Don't look.
Speaker 4: We said we weren't looking today and aren't looking because we're just kind of focused on this the Kug's game tonight.
Speaker 2: You do not look at any of your financials today. It's bad speak on meet the pressure.
Speaker 3: Treasury Secretary Scott Bascent emphasized that addressing unfair trade practices is a complex process, stating that these issues are not quote the kind of thing that you can negotiate away in days or weeks.
Speaker 2: Put out of that story. Get out of that story, all right, Moving on to more fun stuff.
Speaker 3: President Donald Trump has an i'll say seventy five day extension for byte Dance, TikTok's parent company to divest its US operations, postponing the potential ban of the popular social media app. The decision comes amid ongoing negotiations and recent escalations in trade tensions between the US and China. The extension aims provide additional time to finalize a deal that will address national security concerns while allowing TikTok to continue its operations in the United States. A deal to sell the company was reportedly close to being worked out early last week, but Trump's announcement of his tariffs led China to change its mind and back away from the deal. Alright, lighter news, oh pole question, yes, whole question time? What temperature do you like your shower? Do you want a scalding hot? You want a nice cold shower to wake up?
Speaker 2: What do we got on our sole question?
Speaker 4: I tried to make it as easy as possible. I'm not surprised. I'm just wondering, where are those like girls chicks? Sorry, it's crazy how hot you guys love taking showers. It's insane to me.
Speaker 2: If you ever hopped in after your chick yep, and just like god, You're like, how are you I become a burn victims? How are you letting that lava all over your body like that? Do you feel that?
Speaker 17: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: What's your preferred shower temperature?
Speaker 4: Fifty one percent of our audience hot forty five warm, and then there's three percent that take those cold showers.
Speaker 2: I wish I could. I am such a plissiente on the cold. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: But like in the morning, when you get up, you start it cold, you hop in, then you warm it up real fast.
Speaker 2: Not listening to me. I can't, I can, I cannot. I thought the same way.
Speaker 4: Each cold droplet, droplet is like a tiny dagger hitting my body.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't get into the cold water. I don't like being cold. I can't. I cannot do it. Cold plunges not for me. I know the benefits of it. I believe in it.
Speaker 15: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: But you cannot take a cold shower punches in the face and wakes up. Then you warm it up, you wish a second.
Speaker 3: And it gets better. All right, That's what I always do in the morning only so. The survey on Reddit got over four thousand sponsors. In the top results were forty four percent of these people say and that they want it roasty toasty whatever that means. Thirty percent said warm, that's right where I am, ten percent said fiery hot women, eight percent said lukewarm, and then three percent of people said cold. Hermatologist weighed in and said that the ideal temperature is somewhere between ninety eight and one hundred and five degrees.
Speaker 2: One hundred and five degrees seems so hot. Yeah, that's well, yeah, that's that's hot. Tub it still seems hot. We'll it make me wet? Hat should I get in the tub?
Speaker 3: Hat?
Speaker 2: It's about one hundred. I like my hot tubs that are on one O three. Go vote on our poll at Rod Ryan Show on X.
Speaker 3: All right in Hollywood, where anything that was ever successful is prime for reboot, A lot of people online have recently been curious as to why Desperate Housewives hasn't been considered for the reboot treatment, but Housewives star Eva Longoria says that she would be all about a reboot and that she would be quote the first person to sign on for one.
Speaker 15: Series.
Speaker 3: Creator Mark Cherry says he's thought about doing a prequel series for the popular show that premiered in two thousand and four and ran for eight seasons.
Speaker 2: It was a popular show. I never watched it, but people did. It did get people talking.
Speaker 3: There was a bunch of hot, hot ladies walking around hot milps, and then I remember the guys was his name, Jesse met caf Does that mean anything to Idea?
Speaker 4: I feel like he was like the hot dude on the show that you thought was going to turn out to be. I thought he was going to turn out to be like a big deal, and I haven't heard from him since. Yeah, maybe we're going to get a prequel.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Fire Festival two point zero is having some venue issues. Have you ever heard that before? Fire Festival having issues? No way? Yeah, a couple documentaries about it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: A month before the planned event, TMZ got a hold of text messages that claimed the town of Plia del Carmen, Mexico, is backstabbing them. One message reads the government posted on x, Instagram, et cetera, giving their blessing and support, and then yesterday say that we've never heard of them.
Speaker 2: Another one read at this.
Speaker 3: Point, we're not doing any event there and we plan on making it a very public showing of all the evidence. This comes days after the man behind Firefest, Super Trustworthy Guy Billy McFarlane stated online that he was working with that town to make the festival happen and shared a timeline of paperwork being signed and fees being paid to Plia del Carmen I.
Speaker 2: Said this the last time we were read this story.
Speaker 3: This is like if you got taken for a ride on the hul Coin thing and you lost a lot of money on it. Yeah, if you are planning on trying to do the Firefest two point zero thing and it doesn't work out, you can't blame anyone but yourself.
Speaker 2: You know, there's idiots that bought tickets already, But that's on them. Yeah, that's on them totally. All right, those are Euston's headlines. Let's talk about the fun stuff. Yeah, let's talk a little March madness.
Speaker 3: Wrapping up Yukon Lady Huskies are your national champions.
Speaker 2: And women's basketball.
Speaker 3: They blew out South Carolina eighty two to fifty nine in the National.
Speaker 2: Championship game yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's the huskies twelfth women's national title in basketball, in their first since twenty sixteen. It is the longest championship drought they've had since their first their first title. The men's national championship game is tonight where the Houston Cougars are going to play the Florida Gators.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you have.
Speaker 3: Ages coming off an insane seventy to sixty seven comeback win over Duke on Saturday in the Final fourth, the largest comeback in Final four history. The Coups are one and a half point underdogs coming into tonight's game. Tip Off is at seven point fifty. You can watch it on CBS. In the NBA, the Rockets are the hottest team in basketball. They beat OKC, who's the one seed in the West, on Friday, let the Koog star in the show on Saturday, and then last night beat the Warriors one of six to ninety six. In the game they got a little bit felt it felt like a playoff game. Alprin Shangun dominated Draymond Green after Green got in his face. Then Aman Thompson put Steph Curry in a literal and figurative body bag. Curry had three points all night after going off for forty plus twice last week. The win secures the Rockets no worse than the three seed in the Western Conference playoffs, which means home court advantage in the first couple rounds. They're gonna have a couple of days off before playing the Clippers on Wednesday night in La. The Astros also hot right now. They gotta wing us. Got by the Twins nine to seven. They took two of three from Minnesota over the weekend. Tonight they're gonna open up a three game series with the Mariners. Hayden Wisnsky from Sam Houston is going to be on the on for this. DAWs going up against Seattle's Logan Gilbert. First pitches at eight forty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in Sports Houston's Rock and the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to come on the Buzz ninety four or five Buzz, the Mighty Creed and My Sacrifice.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, MILF Monday. Hope you're off to a great start to your week. A pretty nice day on tap here Sunny Sky's Rest of the day. Iive around sixty eight, struggling to get out of the forties.
Speaker 2: I think we're in the fifties now outside, so I don't hate it.
Speaker 12: Get your jacket, yeah, get your jacket, you buy it, you might as well wear it a little bit longer than like two months out of.
Speaker 2: Here, right, Yeah. I got some concert tickets coming your way.
Speaker 4: I got Alex's six picks on links and guests today, bring on Buzzfest. Yeah, local band's gonna start things off at our upcoming buzzfest. All those details went live on the main frame if you log on to the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Can we do a quick little association thing word.
Speaker 3: Association, yeah, top of mind, all right, whatever, whatever, don't ruin it, don't just do it right, don't tell me what. Okay, Like when I tell you something, I don't want Eli Manning to be the first thing that pops in your head.
Speaker 2: All right, it's not. It's not Eli Manning.
Speaker 13: You don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a word association. This is what I associate.
Speaker 3: Olive garden family mm hmm okay, number two, olive garden, red sticks, thank you.
Speaker 2: Family, read stick out back, steakhouse, no rules, just.
Speaker 3: Right, bloom an onion okay, as good as chili is awesome, blossom Okay.
Speaker 2: So we're not going with the phrases.
Speaker 3: We're going with dishes, red lobster, cherry may veskins okay, Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 2: Peanuts that you can throw on the floor. Ooh, is that the thing I was asking? I was asking.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it rolls right, but it's peanuts that you can throw on the floor, and when I was a kid, that was a fun part.
Speaker 4: Okay, the reason I did that exercise is because bloomin onion.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing I think of.
Speaker 3: If somebody says anything about outback steakhouse.
Speaker 4: Bloomin onion, breadsticks, Olive Garden, all the bread sticks and salad you can eat, right, yeah, and then those cheddar Bay biscuits boom Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know what to say. I wouldn't know what to say. Is there one thing that's like amazing that the rolls is? I think what people rolls?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Did they used to have peanuts on the floor? It used to. I don't know if they still do. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's the number one casual dining restaurant. Olive Garden's seven year rain is over Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 2: Not headquartered in Texas.
Speaker 3: Did you know it's like original headquarters room I think in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't know any of that.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about them. That's why I'm saying it. It doesn't have that one thing that when you say Texas Roadhouse, Oh, everyone's gonna say this, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, like steaks. I mean, you know what I mean sure, I bet They'm sure. They got steaks.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: Texas Roadhouse replacing Olive Garden, America's top casual dining chain.
Speaker 2: Come on, Chili's should be there every time.
Speaker 4: Chili's in at three, ridiculously low, Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, those are your tops.
Speaker 2: Chili's should be number one and whatever.
Speaker 4: The Texas Roadhouse is doing fourteen point seven percent increase in sales, pulling in five point five billy over over the last year.
Speaker 2: There's five hundred restaurants. Oh no, no, no, no, there's seven hundred and twenty two of them. Wow.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Olive Gardens saw just a slight increase. They've got more than nine hundred and twenty locations across the country. Okay, congratulations to Texas Roadhouse. I didn't know that they weren't based out of here.
Speaker 2: We used to go in uh, in Maryland, we'd go visit my grandparents.
Speaker 3: One of their staples of like restaurants we'd go to is Texas Redhouse. My brother and I when when we moved to Texas, we always liked being like well and the lone star state. We always really have our stinks this way.
Speaker 2: They hated it. Yeah, I imagine you and your brother did exactly that. I believe it. I believe that story. You're not in Texas a lone star stak. Just to make it sound even.
Speaker 4: Better, I got tickets to go see the Pixies with Spoon, Uh and Phaser Days on September sixth at White Elk Music Hall. Tickets are on sale now through ticketmaster dot com or win a pair from us. I mean the Pixies awesome seven one three two, win two five nine four fill out to you by Marvel Studios Thunderbolts only in theaters, May second.
Speaker 2: Get tickets now.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Hi, welcome back everybody, Rob Ryan's Show. Oh yeah, you know this. This isn't this is a cover though, right, this is the original. This is the Pixies. I know they wrote the original. There's a Bosco. This is the They're legendary band, the Pixies. Yeah they are, yet they are James, you you get it right, James gets I get it, man, I get it. Dude.
Speaker 3: The Pixies with Spoon September sixth at White Oak Music Hall.
Speaker 2: Dude, you call her number ten.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, man.
Speaker 14: I love the Pixies, man, they're so fluent tool I've been listening.
Speaker 2: To over twenty years band. Thank you, James.
Speaker 12: I'm very stoked to go, bro. I'm so stoked, man.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy that we got somebody that appreciates the Pixies.
Speaker 11: And very many things, anything about the Troop, Lemon or Doolittle.
Speaker 2: I love stuff culture and I'm a fan. That's huge, dude, we got the right guy here.
Speaker 3: Thank you, James, Thank you. How do you think this would do on throwback? I would vote for it. I thought this was like a Beats Boys song. We would have to well you ad wop band, you know, like it seems like it would have been around way longer than this.
Speaker 2: I think we got to take a long look at putting this. Just do Wizard do it. We're doing it. Wizard Pixies done. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Online, it's als online nine the muss all right?
Speaker 2: What you got over there? I've done a couple of these before and these always made me laugh.
Speaker 3: They're just funny photo at It's there's a Reddit page that people just going, hey, can you photoshop this out? Or like you'll ask him to remove people from a photo if it's you on a beach, like can you just remove the.
Speaker 2: Guy in the background.
Speaker 3: Somebody asked somebody to do that behind the Christ through a Deemer statue and they did remove everybody. But then they also put the Christ through a Deamer statue, shooting fire and lightning out of his hands, which was cool because a guy that says, will you put me on these mountains that are to the side of him, and they just put an arrow that said you are here. A bunch of people have him. Fine with their their photo editing skills. But check it out and uh and enjoy your day at the at the Brockenshod Ryan Show page at buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we just gave away those Pixies tickets. Ie, this was the Taxies. Where's this song? From a bunch of Stuff? Famously, where is this song from? Tell Me? Oh, I'm not gonna guess it? Fight Club?
Speaker 4: Yes, closing credits, the City's blowing Up. It's one of the it's one of the best, like don't You Forget About Me? We had talked about like the closing credit songs the Pixies Where is My Mind? Last song played at the end of Fight Club. That's the Pixies, a legendary band.
Speaker 2: I knew the pixie I just didn't know they did. Here comes your Man.
Speaker 4: Where Yeah, we gotta do all right, we gotta talk about throwback Memphis.
Speaker 2: Whoa right that this guy?
Speaker 6: You're listening to The rod Ryan Show twenty.
Speaker 4: Four five, The Bus ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Papa Roach.
Speaker 4: No apologies, we've mentioned that, Papa Roach. You've talked about it all morning long in Houston's headlines. He got up on stage with Carrie Underwood. Carrie Underwood invited him, Jacoby Shaddick to go up on stage. She's doing a residency out there in Vegas, and they went out there and for the first time ever in front of a live audience, performed the song leave a Light On They of course, you know that's a popa Roach song, and then she joined him for a version that scott millions of views on YouTube, but they never performed it live until this past weekend and the video is up and it's awesome.
Speaker 2: I mean it's awesome.
Speaker 3: That was a huge thing that happened to Poppa Roach last year, the last year year before last year, last I don't know.
Speaker 2: It could have.
Speaker 4: If he told me that it happened two years ago, I'd be like, Yeah, that's my life. That's my life just flying before my eyes. A lot of people chiming in a lot of different things that we've been talking about. I don't think you can throw the peanuts on the floor anymore used to proper Texas Roadhouse, but they're number one, number one casual dining restaurant experience in America. The former intern Eternal intern Michelle He says, like they put them in plastic bags for you to pick up your growth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't want you to dig in your really hands in there. That was part of it. I think I do just to be a part of the people. I think since COVID probably changed laws.
Speaker 3: All right, Josh says Rod. I worked back of the house at Roadhouse for years.
Speaker 2: The rolls are free, they're all you can eat.
Speaker 4: And the honey butter is what is on the marquee meaning what's the word association Texas Roadhouse honey butter.
Speaker 2: I just don't go there enough me, but honey butter is supposed to be.
Speaker 4: That's the thing that everybody said, Rod, that's what they're that's what everybody would say. That's their cheddar Bay biscuits.
Speaker 2: You put the honey butter on the rolls. So yeah, okay, well that far off.
Speaker 4: As far as the peanuts barrels at the door for guests to help themselves while they wait for a table, these animals just throw the shells on the floor instead of the trash can right next to the barrel.
Speaker 2: Now, the fun part is like they were like encouraged that you would just throw it on the floor.
Speaker 4: He's calling them a bunch of under the fridge ice cube kickers, and that's what started.
Speaker 2: Josh doesn't work.
Speaker 3: There anymore, so, yeah, he was working there in the days where you were encouraged I think to.
Speaker 2: Throw the peanuts on the floor.
Speaker 4: We didn't have Texas Roadhouse, I don't think. Growing up in New York, you know, in Buffalo in the area, we had a restaurant. I'm just gonna throw it out there, the Ground Round.
Speaker 2: Ever heard of it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, that was Wagan's Roadhouse.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, the ground Round was the place where you could throw the peanuts on the floor.
Speaker 2: It was just peanut shells everywhere.
Speaker 4: Look like a party. Yeah, you walk in it looked like a party. There was a good atmosphere.
Speaker 2: There's a place in Is there Atlanta or Memphis? When I lived there?
Speaker 3: I remember my dad took me there and every time they would give you a burger or a sandwich, they would put the toothpick in there. And the thing at that restaurant was you would put your toothpick in your straw. You blow it and try and get to stick on the ceiling.
Speaker 2: And it was cool.
Speaker 3: The ceiling just had tons of toothpicks. I always thought that was a cool gimmick.
Speaker 2: Cool and dangerous. That's dangerous, but fine. I was enthralled. Probably would have blasted Randy Ryan back in the day. Was definitely happened.
Speaker 4: Joel says, the pole question today is cracking him up. My pole question this morning is talking about your shower. What's your preferred shower temperature? Fifty percent of our audience likes it hot, forty five percent say warm, and about three and a half percent of you say you like those cold showers.
Speaker 2: I wish I could do it. I can't. I'm I'm just such a woos I cannot do it. Rod.
Speaker 4: Your question cracks me up. My ex always took fiery showers and baths, and I would try to join her and thought my pubes would burn off. The strangest thing is, and let me tell you, if you've been with one of these before I have, the strangest thing is the same woman that made sure our bedroom was always freezing.
Speaker 2: Twenty five years later and I still can't wrap my head around this. Yep, the hottest lava shower ever. But but like a meat locker at night, I do want on cold in the extremes. What I mean, what is it at? So we always say sixty nine, but I want cold. You said it at sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not as like a joke, just to say, like, that's the good that's the best temperature to sleep at. Seventy five during the day, sixty.
Speaker 4: Nine when you're sleeping, sixty nine noise noise sleeps number.
Speaker 3: All right, real quick, there's a petition out there right now to rename the Nashville Airport.
Speaker 2: In car Whalen Airport. Yeah right, maybe he's up for it too.
Speaker 3: You can leave early, the Queen of Nashville, Dolly Parton, Dolly Parton Airport. Now, what's it called right now? I think it's just the Nashville airport.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, it should definitely be named after something.
Speaker 4: So it was put up on change dot org in the beginning of the year, and it started to pick up some media attention lately, and now I'm talking about it. It's Nashville's International airport. They're they're petitioning for it to be called the Dolly Parton International Airport.
Speaker 3: They should call it the Dolly Parton Internashville Airport, or you would be departing from Parton like that, Okay, all hours of the day, not just nine to five. I'm not a big petition guy now, but I can see myself being behind this.
Speaker 2: I will not sign it, well what, but I will be happy if it happened.
Speaker 4: This is me doing show prop for you because I feel like nobody like the Gravy Gangers could flush it out true, but we already have George Bush.
Speaker 3: I would never change that, Okay, I thought I thought he was a great man. Really do he named after people now or things? You just got Hobby sitting over there, how would you like? What's cooler flying out of Hobby or flying out of Swayze Patrick Swayzey. I would run name it after akm A Keem olajuwon planing out of the out of the keem I learned I can plan out of the dream.
Speaker 2: Lying out of the dream? Are you flying out a bush or the dream? I like Swayzey. Swasey is not a bad one.
Speaker 4: I like Swayze zz Top Airport. That'd be cool, that would be awesome. You know, I'm flying out a zz today. Let's get rid of Hobby.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I don't know who mister or missus Hobby is he invented plane?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Okay, I think that was the Wright brothers. I'm no disrespect if you're in the Hobby family. But I really think I like the Patrick Swayzey I do is a good one. I like the Swayze Like New Orleans is Louis Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Like that's a badass name for airport, isn't it?
Speaker 13: Ye?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Lewis Armstrong. You're it?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: Like all airports should be named after It may be easy to remember.
Speaker 4: I flew into Bob Hope's airport California somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I flew into Palm Springs for something. John Wayne Airport, I think too, And I think that's like private plane.
Speaker 4: Flag Reagan International and Washing It makes sense. So heart, we're just sitting around with this hobby thing, and you know it. I mean, the problem is they're gonna they put it up for our thing. It's gonna be the Beyonce Airport. Let's be honest. That's what's gonna happen. It's gonna be the Beyonce Airport. But you know, I'd rather go with Jim Parsons myself.
Speaker 2: You don't want to down plane. I think he's from here. Isn't Hillary Duff from here? Flying out of the Duff the death would be cool, all right.
Speaker 3: Dollar Airport would make sense. I don't know what it takes to make a change like that, but they're they're starting online with this. It's starting to get some traction and I'm just thinking we're leaving it wide open here.
Speaker 2: Trump. Okay, maybe I'm gonna put this on. I'm gonna put this on our Facebook page. I'm gonna get people talking about it a little bit. Hey, we don't need your attitude.
Speaker 7: We have one of our own, The Rod Ryan Show of Us.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Ryan sho on a Monday, Betty Fort find the buzz. Thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 3: I just you know what, I just put that up on our Facebook page, and I thought maybe it would be a good discussion.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll maybe we missed somebody.
Speaker 4: The story that got me thinking was they're trying to rename there's a petition to rename the Nashville Airport the Dolly Parton Airport. And I just said, we got Hobby sitting over there, and there was a governor back in the sixties that.
Speaker 2: They renamed you know, Hobby Airport after him. I'm sure he was a great guy. I'm sure he was awesome. If you wanted to change, you can just dig up something and find something with a change.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but maybe it's time for a new George Bush International Airport.
Speaker 4: I'm fine, let's keep that locked. That in lock that in Josh Tree says name at the Josh Tree Airport.
Speaker 15: Now, you guys aren't.
Speaker 3: Good serious if you're not gonna be serious with my exercise here, if we named it W and we could just call it the W and you could have Bush and Debt, okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Uh, Howard Hughes, I mean the movie The Aviator. I know that.
Speaker 4: Leonardo DiCaprio has made a million movies at this point, I don't feel like aviators mentioned as like being amazing, and it is. Yeah, and it's not even just because I have a local interest in Houston.
Speaker 2: It's just an amazing movie. That guy was brilliant, so awesome. I know he's buried here. I know all. I know all the stuff. I know all the stuff. Howard Hughes would be a great one. Bill Hicks.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, people are commenting earlier, what famous Houstonian should we rename Hobby Airport after? Okay, I can't wait for my email from Joe Hobby, who's like the great grandson who listens to the show every day.
Speaker 2: We're just asking questions to like your show, Jackass.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I just think it would be cool. Patrick Swayzee Metre's Mac. Yeah, okay, flying out of the Mac, Flying out of the Mac.
Speaker 2: I think they were turned to the Mac every time a burn back. We just lost our mayor.
Speaker 4: Turner passed away, and immediately they wanted to name some building or something like that after him.
Speaker 1: Fine, do it.
Speaker 2: He was cool. I like him, all right.
Speaker 4: We're giving away tickets to go see The Hives on September ninth. House of Blues tickets go on sale this Friday, so it's a win it before they go on sale situation.
Speaker 2: Alex is working on a question as we speak.
Speaker 7: Houston's rocking Alternatives. The Morning Show from six to ten AM. Ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Welcome back Rod Ryan Show, nine fifty two. My goodness, La la la la la la la bro.
Speaker 3: A lot of people looking at your six picks today. Yeah, yeah, nice, A lot of views on those today. Good piss time for know the show.
Speaker 4: Tickets to go see the Hives September ninth, House of Blues. This is a win them before they go on sales situation. Everyone's gonna be heading the ticketmaster dot Com on Friday at ten. You can win them from us now if you get through, Alex.
Speaker 2: What's your question? I'm gonna keep it pretty simple today. Please. Who's playing Florida in the National Championship Game today? Mo Man seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five. The Buzz on iHeartRadio GA.
Speaker 19: Ninety four point five is bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Houston's rock and This.
Speaker 2: Twenty four or five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, red jumpsuit apparatus.
Speaker 3: Well, that's gonna musically wrap us up. I got one more thing I want to sneak in before we get out of here. Good morning everybody, Thank you, thank you, thank.
Speaker 4: You so much for hanging with us on this Monday sunny skies for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Doctor about any rain? Hi today of around sixty eight hit it.
Speaker 10: No, he's now time for Know this show on ninety four to five the buzz.
Speaker 2: Just give him the answer, Alex. It's a pretty easy question though. Good morning, rob Ryan Show. Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 2: Who's this? This is Joel, Joel, welcome to Know the show that we basically already gave you the answers. Welcome to If you're not living in a cave on a deserted island, you're going to get this right, Joel. Good luck.
Speaker 3: Here comes Alex, who's playing Florida in the National Championship game tonight.
Speaker 15: You have h go Coo of age.
Speaker 2: Is that the music you wanted? Alex? Yes, yes, yes, let's give you one of these. Yeah, absolutely absolutely all right.
Speaker 3: Well Joel, Wow, unbelievable that you knew that answer. Congratulations, I'm going to give you tickets to go see the Hives on September ninth, playing the House of Blues. Dude, congratulations out standing tickets and sale this Fronday.
Speaker 2: Joel, go Koogs Go Cooks. Where am I just? I love this song so much?
Speaker 15: But am I just.
Speaker 2: Outlining what we're doing on Throwback Thursday on the show today? I think you might be wizard add this to the list? Do it? But this would that'd be a hell vote? But you put this against the Pixies. Would you would this over the Pixies? WoT Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, so we have two out of the three songs now for Throwback they come up with tomorrow, Joel, you.
Speaker 3: Got a suggestion for Throwback Thursday? An old song that we used to maybe play that you love.
Speaker 2: I like a lot of stuff.
Speaker 15: I know you do.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm I'm really flexible. I like it all. I just dig it. He loves it all. All right, we'll think about it for a second, Joel. I think we got to put those two songs in. I think so because we're giving away Pixies tickets, and we're giving away, like I said, hides tickets. We just gave him away.
Speaker 3: Hey dude, we uh, we're doing Jimmy World too, Like throw Jimmy World and the.
Speaker 2: Dude, we're giving away tickets to Jimmy World. New Fund Glory. We can go deep on the.
Speaker 3: Office, Tank Sunday, taking Back Sunday Play.
Speaker 2: Taking Back Sundays. There to Sunday Coheed. There's so much we could do on throwback. That's it. We gotta go old Greg lost Yeah on way Fraternity.
Speaker 4: Paul won the Fresh out of Bad Head to Head challenge this morning at six twenty. All right, we'll continue with fun facts. We'll continue with all of the I mean three eleven bad Flower, all these tickets that we're giving away this week. It's alex Is six picks. It was like the third most viewed blog page. That's not bad Monday looking at girls Alex's picks. Bring on Buzzfest. If you're in a local band, you could bring on Buzzfest. That information is at the buzz dot com right now. And I don't know if we I'm gonna find out after the show if we have that one ticket, that one fourthume available. But the rod Ryan Show Charity Golf Open is going down this Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that. All right, that's it. It's gonna be an awesome week together. Guys. Thanks for joining us on this Monday. Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop nooner.
Speaker 4: Pick tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, he'll give you a chance to win a bunch of free stuff. The NC Double A Championship Game is on tonight at seven point fifty on CBS. The Houston Cougars take on the Florida Gators. Okuggs go, koug's AMF.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.