Speaker 1: I was. I use this app called Marco Polo, and Marco Polo is basically it is a video messaging app where it's one way at a time. It's not like FaceTime. I send you a video message and then you send me a video message and back and forth. It's it's really cool. It's free. It's called Marco Polo. So I'm Marco Polo with a couple of friends through the week and a friend of mine yesterday, she's a teacher. She said, I woke up in a terrible mood. Oh, and then she went to school and she had a terrible day at school, and and so I think I wanted to talk about waking up in a terrible moody. I never wake up in a terrible mood. And I think it's because I have happy dreams and I can't remember them specifically. But I have pretty happy dreams. And I don't know if it's like I'm seeing like old friends or family or what it is. But do you wake up in a good mood? Do you have happy dreams? Jenny? Do you remember your dreams?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I do remember a lot of dreams, but usually I don't usually have very happy dreams. Oh no, really, yeah, I'm a pretty anxious person, so sleeping's not my friend A lot of times.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah.
Speaker 4: Usually I get through like the first handful of hours where if I am dreaming, I don't remember it, but the later hours where it's like starting to approach me waking up, those usually turn into like more nightmares for me.
Speaker 1: Odd really yeah.
Speaker 4: Especially if I if I wake up on the weekend. I'll wake up at like six a lot of times in the weekend, and then maybe I'll fall back asleep for like an hour or two sometimes, and those times I always have crazy dreams because my body's like, just get up at six, yeah, and I don't, And so then I go back to sleep and it's kind of like punishing me for not getting up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, but what about you, Bailey.
Speaker 2: I don't really dream a lot, so I don't really remember my dreams. But I can wake up in a bad, bad mood only because it's hard for me to get up. But once I am up, I'm fine, But like just the getting out of bed is hard, and I'll be like, no, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I've learned over the years not to lay in bed and languish about how it sucks to get out of bed. I maybe lay there for thirty seconds, then I stretch a little bit and then I'm up because you know, for people, yeah, I guess. So. I mean, I've been getting up out of bed early for forty one years. And was talking to another friend and she is around my age, and she's like, I can't wait to retire so I don't have to get up. She's like, I've been getting up early for forty years, and I'm like, yeah, it sucks. And one day you I guess, you know, you look forward to the day you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you are bored anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, then I look at somebody like fallen or cold, and they don't have to get up early. I mean, Falin's got a kid, not that young of a kid.
Speaker 3: Well, she also does the Jason shows.
Speaker 1: Well she does. She's not up at four thirty.
Speaker 3: Oh not that, but I mean she's still up, yeah.
Speaker 1: But probably realistically, like what wouldn't it be great to sleep until six thirty? Hell yeah, I mean that would be great if I could sleep until six thirty. That's sleeping late on a weekday. People are like, I got up early. I got up at six thirty. Yeah, that's early, but not compared to like four thirty is when I get out of bed.
Speaker 4: I think anytime before six am is too early. Yes, I think six am is kind of the cut off for me where I'm like, Okay, I could do this regularly and not hate it, But before six am, I'm like, fuck this when my alarm's going home.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the dream that I have, and I usually have very happy dreams, and they usually consist of about the same thing. I'm trying to go somewhere, but I'm not packed, and I got to get packed, and I got to get all my stuff together, and some of it's over here and some's down the street. But it's not a stressful dream. That's a happy dream, I guess. So No, And they never make sense because I'm back at my mom and dad's house in the yard. Yeah, and I've got to go get like the chickens and put them in the truck and we'ich is stupid shit that doesn't make any sense. But one that I have consistently, and it's radio people call it the dream. But I'll bet a lot of people have this in your career too, And that is the dream where you're on the radio but you don't have anything ready, long is running out, there's dead air, you don't have anything to play. Everything you try to play doesn't work, or it's two seconds long, or it's a song like that you shouldn't play on KATIEWB. Last night, I had a dream that I kept playing the same song over and over while I was looking for something else to do, and I was trying to edit something. So it's the dream where nothing is going right.
Speaker 2: That's the actor's dream where you find out that you're going to go on stage but you don't have your lines memorized because they're telling you last second, like you're going on for Juliet and you're on in twenty minutes, and you're like, ooh, so that's I think funny because that's the actors the dream.
Speaker 3: Is that O great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, every industry has that because there's server nightmares too, where you literally can't get to your table on time to greet them. They're waiting for thirty minutes, and then somebody needs a ranch and for some reason you can't get to the kitchen to get the ranch for them yeah, every industry I think has some form of a dreamage.
Speaker 1: I'll bet it's true, and I'll bet most people. And we've brought up this several times on the show. Where it's a few days before graduation. You haven't gone to class in months, you don't know where your locker is, you don't know what your combination is, you're not sure what your schedule is. But you need to go to the front office to find your schedule and get your locker combination. And you've only got three days until you graduate, and you haven't been to school since last October.
Speaker 2: You were like, I was enrolled in that class. I didn't even remember I was enrolled in that class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh. Yeah. The funny thing is my dad lived into his eighties and he said he had that dream still in his eighties.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like wow, most of your life?
Speaker 1: Yeah, school? All right, email, Here we go with some of the emails on the Minnesota Goodbye. Let's start off with this one. I listened to the I'm Still Fun podcast. I heard Jenny talking about her breakup, Jenny talking about being friends with different life stages now that she is. Then Jenny spoke about her friends being at different life stages than she is now with her recent breakup. I got divorced at twenty nine years old. Everybody else was settling down or having a ton of fun in their twenties, and I felt like this old man because I was divorced and young. Now I'm in my mid thirties, I'm still single, and I can relate to Ginny when she spoke about feeling like a burden to people who are settled down, tell me more about that.
Speaker 4: I just feel like, you know, the last time I was single, people were still out doing a lot of fun things and whatever, and now everyone's partnered up and I am obviously not going through like a great phase of my life. So I feel like I need support from people. I can't just sit at home by myself because I'm honestly not super happy right now. So I feel like I'm a burden asking friends to hang out who have a full life. They're married and they have kids, and they have a full schedule, whereas, like my schedule just completely changed to be wide open. I have no one to talk to and hang out with every day anymore. Yeah, so I feel like a burden when I reach out to my friends.
Speaker 1: Uh, Okay, well, they go on to talk about this. They said, I can relate to that. It sucks. Your life is so different than everybody else is around you, and you never planned on it being like this. The one mistake I made throughout the years when I felt lonely was to sit by myself. As you transition into this phase, realize you are not a burden and don't sit alone. I don't have a ton of advice to give because you got to do what's best for you. Everything will be good and you will adjust.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Yes, okay, I'm working on that.
Speaker 1: Another one. Let's see there was somebody who had a big list of piece of advice for you. Okay, here we go. Uh, Jenny, I know you've probably had numerous people reach out since you made a public that you are single again. I am another voice in the sea of people who've experienced immense heartbreak. Many of these messages will say you're not alone, But I understand that none of these messages mine included, will take away from the emptiness of losing your best friend. The cold spot in bed will not be replaced by any of our words. Believe me when I'd say I've been there and just there, just there is exactly how I felt numb to the world around me. I analyze beyond comprehension. I search for answers among security and countless other things that could not be found. I wish I could say I navigated the journey of losing my very soon to be husband like a pro. I wish I could say that I completely recovered and give you promises of a fabulous future you deserve. The truth is I can't and nobody can. What I can say is the whole in my heart has become smaller over the years, and while the scars remain, I learned how to love myself more. Still a work in process, and even as a fellow anxiety beneficiary, I like that I found a peace and contentment that never existed before. Life, for better or worse, it's full of twists and turns, and all we can do is try our best to roll with the punches without letting it drag us down. I could throw out countless cliches that we've all heard before, but the truth is you will find your own way. We all do. Having been an avid listener for many years, I feel confident in knowing the strength you possess. It shows whether you believe it or not. Take the time to grieve, cry, search, engage, and heal your heart. And if you need a good heartbreak playlist mainly country, I'm your Girl. Godspeed from Lisa.
Speaker 3: Thanks Lisa, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see if there's anything else there are. I just had to go. I'm trying to go in certainly different kinds of order here. Okay. Random thought. I realize today that my life is completely mundane. When I tell you this is a different one, it's a different one. Here we go. I came to this realization driving down the same boring roads I always do, and I've found myself creating stories that I made up in my head about people who live in the houses. For example, I made this up. There are these two neighbors who hate each other, probably hide fish heads in the air filter of each other's cars. One puts up Christmas lights, the other puts up a crazy Manger scene, and the other steals Baby Jesus. Recently, one painted the outside of their house. Two days later the other one did. The battle has gotten so bad that they literally on the same day both had for sale signs in their yard. Today, one Indica hate soul. The other has the for sales sign removed, then of course I zillowed that shit. Now, remember this is all made up in her head. None of this is real, needless to say, the only truth to this is the sale of the home and the one removed. I just want to hear about other people's drama. I don't want it in my life directly. I can't be alone. Do you guys make up random shit for your own entertainment? That is from Shannon? I do not, but I admire that you found something to make your life a little bit more fun and exciting.
Speaker 2: I don't go to that extreme, but I definitely look inside of people's houses when I go on really long walks, and you can see inside their houses, and I imagine.
Speaker 3: A new Steve Latar, I believe almost.
Speaker 2: Okay, sometimes those people, like if it's getting dark and you're like at dusk and they have all the lights on in their house, they want you to look in their house, like so you can see their piano or something, because it's always a fancy house.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we have the lights on in our house, you know sometimes at night, and I don't there's nothing that we're hiding so people want to look in Yeah, I mean it probably looks nice from the outside.
Speaker 2: I don't care if people look at single light like, first of all, why you got all the lights on? Second of all, yes, I'm going to make up what you're doing with your life and what you do for a living. Not to this extent, hey, I mean I commend you to this extent. That sounds fun. I love a day dream. I love that for you.
Speaker 1: There is a neighbor in our neighborhood that their lights around all the time, and they've lived there as long as we have. We've lived there twenty years and their lights and their kids are all grown now it's just the two of them. Every light on every floor is always on, and I wonder if it's not once in a while, it's all the time, except probably in the middle of the night. And I just wonder, do they have a fear of dark rooms or maybe he's got an anxiety about walking into a dark room or something, because that's not only it's expensive and it's not there's no need for it.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, unless they're just like forgetful, they turn on a light, walk out, forget that they had it on.
Speaker 1: I got one more quickie. I'm catching up on a previous PEP episode and listening to a conversation about which job is the worst to do? Hungover, I got a story. I was twenty one, got drunk to the point of puking for the first time in my life. Next morning, at church, I was scheduled to serve communion. I was so hungover. I went up to the altar, hoping they'd give me the plate of wafers, but instead they gave me the platter of wine. Oh my gosh, so they could smell the wine. It took everything in power not to vomit all over in front of the church. I was gagging in between saying Blood of Christ, Blood of Christ, Blood of Christ. We still laugh about this a lot today. Have a great day. Thanks for always brightening my day. You're welcome, Sarah. Thank you for listening. Love to hear your emails. Send them to a Ryan Show at KDWB dot com for the Minnesota Goodbye.