Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in cryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with The Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and cryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: No one, are you reporting? I got a stream going on here. Something just kid my dog, something killed your dog? My dog. We're flying through there over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence, and the name was dead when you hit the ground. I didn't have seen any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Are you reporting we got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 2: It was seeing enough. I'm out here looking near the window now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. Just fight. Hello, get the Boddy out here. Let quin on out. There's thought off a bit about teching fort nine. I don't know. Easy Ann out there. Yeah, I'm booking right, Hey, all.
Speaker 1: Right, folks want to welcome my guest to the show. It is author researcher Tom Powell. Welcome to the show, sir.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and retired teacher there you go, the retired science teacher. Correct, Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Got to throw that in there, so let's start at the very beginning. Tom, you and I were talking about this right before we hit record. I want to start with the Bigfoot stuff. You've got a new book out Planet Strange that we're certainly going to get into talking about. But let's start in the very beginning where I start with most people on the show, what in the world got you interested in Bigfoot?
Speaker 2: To begin with?
Speaker 4: As a teacher, I actually ridiculed it. I would do a lesson about it on the throwaway day, like the day before Christmas vacation. Out here on the West Staff, the class has already left for Maui or somewhere, so I had to do some kind of thing to keep the kids busy out They're all wired on candy. The school district did have the old Leonard Nimoy in search of a movie that you could legitimately show kids watched it and enjoy it. I made some jokes about it and used it as an example of pseudo science, just a bunch of stories. It's not really science, but it's fun to think about what kind of thing kept the kids' attention on a tough day. But I did not in those days take it seriously. I did read books on it, and we had some local people like Peter Burne, who were very much of presence in the news. But then everything changed in the late eighties, when I moved to rural Clackamous County outside of Portland, I found that in this rural location there were neighbors of mine who said, you know that Sasquatch thing, We actually have that out here, So of course I please explain no full well that I had ridiculed it for However many years already, one thing led to another. I found these people's accounts to be credible. In some cases they were sightings. Then I saw a little notice on a country store bulletin board that had a bulletin by a guy who was researching and collecting local sightings. His name was Frank Kineister. I took down his number, called him up and said, the main thing I'm looking for is some stuff to use in my annual Bigfoot lesson. Do you have anything I could take in by way of visuals so it's just not all talking in a movie. He loaned me some track casts and things that not only helped my lesson, but it also at that point started to become compelling to me. Personally that these people were dead serious about what they were describing. They weren't all a youngsters either. One guy was a career for service fellow who had worked the counter when people came in wide eyed and said what they saw while they were out there cutting. He followed up on these stories and he found them to be credible. So I started collecting them myself. Then I got mixed up with Matthew money Maker when his site was in its earliest days. He started shooting me the local sightings that were uninvestigated. All of a sudden, I was at times buried with sightings to investigate, especially the days after a Art Bell appearance or something. When those days it was just radio. But when art Bell would have Moneymaker or one of these other guys on Peter burn around, Moorehead or whoever, the website would be inundated with fresh sightings, most of them outdated but stillmitted previously. So I started going around and talking to these people. In some cases they were people in my immediate area. One of the most interesting ones was in a small town not very far from where I lived, Colton, Oregon's about fifteen miles away. These people said, oh, yeah, we see them, they take our honey from our bee hives. The other thing they do is they raid our apple trees. I said, how does that go? They said. We were up one morning ready to travel early, having breakfast, sitting and watching the sunrise. Here comes out of the woods this form across the meadow that we're looking at. It stands under the apple tree upright, grabs the apple tree with both hands and shake the tree, and all the fruit falls off the tree. Two more of these upright beings emerged from the woods and gather up as many apples as they could carry and disappear into the woods. Curiously. When I first bought my property, the next door neighbor accused me of stealing his apples. I remember thinking that's the craziest thing. Why would I risk getting shot over a few pieces of fruit. But then somebody I worked with who knew him, had heard this story from him. He was complaining about his neighbor stealing his apples. She said, oh, I tease with him. She told me this story, and I said, why would I steal his two apples? She said no. The whole tree got cleaned in one night bing. All of a sudden, the hop Cozon in my head that he was describing the exact same thing that I had encountered in one of these sighting reports. So that sort of gave me to understand that it's quite possible. I know, I did not take his apple, and there was no one else who really had access to his property because we're at the end of a small road. All of a sudden, it led me to suppose that this phenomenon not only seems more real than I ever expected, but that it is also more local than I ever expected.
Speaker 1: I think, like most researchers, I started in one camp and I've ended up in another camp, and I teeter her back and forth on most days. What was your approach once you got to the point where you thought, Okay, this is possibly a real phenomenon here, it's possibly people are experiencing what they say they're experiencing, and you're looking into these reports. Did you start out in a certain camp and looking at these things a certain way?
Speaker 4: And how is that for sure? And those were the days Rover Krantz was still alive, John Green, Peter Byrne, and their message was fairly in line, and that was undiscovered. Eight Meldrum was just young, but coming on the scene becoming a distinguished voice in his own right, and he completely agreed with that message. So in those days, there was not a lot of other views that I was aware of, but I did come to eventually meet Henry Franzoni Rest his soul. We just lost Henry a few weeks ago. He was one of the pioneers who was able to confirmed what I was experiencing when I started seeing reports from credible, serious people who were describing incredible things within the context of the Sasquatch mystery, disappearing mind speak, nonverbal communication, things that just were not taken curiously by the powers that be, The four Horsemen, Green, the hand in Krantz, Peter Burne, they were very narrow in there thinking, And meanwhile I was uncovering some paranormally inclined descriptions, specifically people saying it just disappeared. It looked like a star trek being me aboard. It was just gone, standing there in the middle of a clearcut. And other guy's that it walked behind the tree and it didn't come out the other side, so I assumed that it was behind the tree. I walked toward the tree, and all of a sudden, I got the EBGB. He said, don't come one step closer if you know what's good for you. Being a kind of a tough, macho dude. Anyway, he did walk forward, but he said there was nothing behind that tree. There didn't seem to be any other avenue for escape. So these are the kinds of things that you get a lot. Another one is the mind speak that woke me up. I had a camera project of my own. I was very much working the flesh and Blood angle. I was putting cameras in the woods at the promising locations, especially near Mount Rainier. This family had a lot of this mind speak stuff happening to them, and they didn't really tell me about it for a period of months. We had the cameras on their property for two years. When they finally came up with the stuff, I said, why didn't you tell me this sooner? They said, we didn't want me to think we were crazy. So people hold back. It appears on some of the stranger stuff that they are experiencing, especially when they sense that the researcher is of one view. I opened up with some of the weirder things that I was experiencing. They said, oh, yeah, we have that too. They had a whole bunch of stuff. They take our chickens, they take our rabbits out of the hutches. They can work the hatches, the catch on the hat, so they have manual decksterity. They seem to be most interested in my daughter because she's always on horseback and she's always rescuing injured animals. They seem to resonate with her empathy toward animals. Another one was in Oklahoma. They were recording the freezer. They had an outdoor freezer which was getting raided at night. They were sure that was because of these sasquatches. They didn't like it one bit. They were very afraid of them, and they were concerned that the things were messing with the screen window and pulling the screen off the window, and they took that to mean that thing was trying to get in the house. So they actually took a shot at it. They felt that they had hit it, so Matthew Moneymaker dispatched a crew. This was all in the locals back in the early two thousand's, the first book I published. But before they got there, there was a rainstorm and all the blood washed away. But they felt like they had blood on the ground. In hindsight, Matt should have probably told him to collect some of the blood. Instead, he said, don't touch it, just leave it there. My crew will arrive, and well before his crew could arrive, the weather washed it away. Even stuff like that has a pattern to it, even if it goes back as far as the Native American lord. There are some tribes who have a name for the Sasquatch that translates literally into he who makes the wind blow. So there you go. Now we're getting paranormal. Yeah, and tell you that's what's happened to me.
Speaker 1: The more people that I've interviewed over the years doing the show, we're over five hundred episodes at this point, so many people have so many weird scenarios that happen, sometimes while they're having bigfoot activity.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's right before or right after.
Speaker 1: I used to compartmentalize that I was a police officer, so my cop brain puts things into boxes, and I'd say, Okay, yeah, you're having weird lights and orbs and all these strange things going on, and you've got bigfoot on the property. But those things are probably mutually exclusive. But the more I've talked to people.
Speaker 4: Over these years.
Speaker 1: It seems less and less that it's mutually exclusive, and it all seems to be somewhat connected. Here's the thing that I want to ask you. You've done this for so many years, and you've been on both sides of the fence, so to speak. This is the thing that I have a hard time rationalizing my brain, and maybe you can help me with this. I'm pretty much in the flesh and blood camp. I'm open minded to other things. Cliff's a good friend of mine. I know you're friends with Cliff. Cliff and I are pretty much in the same cloth as far as what we believe about these creatures. Yet these strange things happen. So let me ask you, how do you deal with this as an investigator and a researcher looking into this. If these things are possibly more than what we know them to be, there's something paranormal or something out of this world that we're not connecting here. They're disappearing and all these weird things, yet they're doing very flesh and blood things. How do you deal with the fact that we could be dealing with a paranormal entity here that bleeds in each chickens and does all the things that seem to be very flesh and blood. How have you been able to deal with that in your research? I guess just by a maintaining an open mind, be not wasting my time trying to change anyone's mind. Trying to convert someone to a different way of thinking is usually a fool varrnt. Instead, I just say it guys like, hey, do you pursue your angle. I'll pursue my angle. Let trade notes.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day about what you're getting. Applaud anyone who has the enthusiasm for putting cameras in the woods, because I feel it's a low return proposition. I think I would almost go so far as to say, no bigfoot researcher has ever gotten a persuasive image after Patterson and Gimlin, or almost no. I think Paul Freeman might qualify. I think Paul's video is legit, But in modern times, post two thousand, it seems like they're very much aware of our attempts to photograph them. They're very much opposed to that. What happens is the cameras are disconnected, the cameras are pulled off the tree, the cameras lenses covered with leaves, the batteries are drained. The cameras are never taken, the cameras are never destroyed, but they're put out a service in a way that is most peculiar but actually quite consistent. I remember going around with Cliff and checking his camera line once. He had about five cameras scattered around in the Sandy River drainage. We hit all five sites in one day, and at each site, as we approached the camera, which wasn't really on a trail, but there was a way to approach it that he had been using all along. Each time we approached the camera there was an X made out of a couple of sick great foot sticks, just leaning there in the shape of an X. And I said, about the fourth time we got to a camera and hey was the X? I said, Cliff, are you seeing the is in what I go? There's an EX. It's like something is saying don't go here. The approach is marked with the cross too. And Cliff patted me on the head and said, oh, Tom. Trees fall out of the wood patterns don't jump to conclusions. Okay, but it's funny how each one of your cameras it's almost as if it's marked, what depends on what you're looking for. Cliff did not find it compelling, but to me it was almost unmistakable. So anyway, there's an example of well, just everybody do it their way, and then we'll get together at these conferences or over a beer and we'll see what we're getting. But once I did manage to sit down with Henry friend Zoni, his line was, I can't tell you what's going on because it's too strange. You got to figure it out for yourself. I finally said to him, all right, Henry, here's what I think. I know. They know we're coming. They do have communication. They are every bit as astute as we are. They have the ability to render themselves somehow not seeable when they desire. He once again patted Muney, very good job. Yeah, we're coming along. So it just went on from there. I ran into these horse whisperer types who feel they have communication with other animal species. Most of their work is done in veterinary circles with trying to determine subtle medical horse conditions and things like that, and they feel like they can get to the bottom of it with a form of communication that is nonverbal. There are writers who have investigated this. One of them is Rupert Sheldrake, who's an English author. He has several books on interspecies communication. He makes a very compelling case. These horse whisperer types usually say I can do other animals. So then I put one of them, Steve Fredericks, to work on our camera site. I asked Steve to ask them to please step in front of the camera. He came back to me and he said, all right, I did what she said. They didn't seem to like what I was asking for, but I did convey the message. Again, no way to confirm this stuff. It's all juju. It's wu total wu. Less than forty eight hours after Steve did this, we got our best camera image in two years. It was more of a shadow profile than a full on image. But without telling the residents what I was doing by way of putting a communicator to work, I did not mention that to Alan in April the residence. Less than forty eight hours later, they called back and said, we just got an image. So I sped up to the site. I looked at the image. I knew that it was not compelling, but it was decent head and shoulders. It was almost like a shadow puppet, but it was just the shadow moving across the beam of the infrared illuminator. Then I went back to Steve Fredericks and I said, Steve, I want you to ask for a bone. And he said, oh, Tom, And I said, just do it, Steve. He's okay, I'll do it. I did not tell Alan. In April. Once again, within forty eight hours, they called me up on the phone and said, we just got a bone at the foot of the camera tree. It looks like about a shape of a coffee saucer. It's very thick. I went up and got the bone. I took it to a wild life biologist. He said, it's a bird bone, but I do not know what kind of bird. It must be a very large bird given this coffee saucer shaped disk of bone. Then I did some research and I found a farmer near me who was raising emrus and I showed the bone to him and he pulled out a reference text and he was able to match it perfectly with the breastbone of an emu. So I went back to Allen in April. I said, do you have any EMUs around here?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I said, are there any nearby? And I said, yeah, my dad raises EMUs. Well, where does he live five miles away? Do you have any explanation for how an emu bone got from your dad's house five miles away to hear? I said, no, we don't. To me if you connect the dot, I feel like we're being played with. They're just toying with us. They're not going to give us what we asked for. It was an audacious thing to ask for a bone. But when I finally went back to Steve Fredericks and told him the whole story, because I didn't tell Steve we were getting results because I didn't want to feed the flames with anything. That what made him double down on his claims of communication. So I kept him out of the loop until finally we ended the project and I told him everything, and he said, he hit himself on this on the side of the head, and he said, I never actually said a sas watch bone. So interestingly, but curiously, it's almost like they're playing us for fools, but they're also to use a phrase. They're throwing us a bone. They're not giving us what we want, but they're just giving us just enough to have a sense of humors about what they're doing. I just keep coming back to that they're not going to dig up one of their relatives and provide us with part of their remains anymore than we're gonna do that, But they will keys us, toy with us, test our ability to think the next thought. Let's talk about.
Speaker 1: Something that has really fascinated me through my journey with Bigfoot is habituation situations where people have repeated experiences. I guess if it's habituation, it's more of a personal thing. They're coming back to the same properties over and over. How many times have you dealt with that over the course of your research and what have you found or have you found anything that's stuck out to you over the years about habituation situations, whether it be with the Sasquatch or the people that are experiencing it Alan.
Speaker 4: In April Hoyt, the people I was talking about with the cameras were the first people that I was able to pick their brain, and they were definitely having repeat encounter. They had some logging going on in their immediate vicinity, and the reason they came clean with the bigfoot activity they were having was because they were hoping to somehow save enough of the woods that these creatures wouldn't disppear, because they rather enjoyed the interaction and they understood it to be harmless. Even though they had kids, they were willing to accept some livestock depredation losses because they were very interested. They felt that there were three generations of them. They called it Grandpa, Mom, Pop, and Junior. They had seen three different sizes of bigfoot, and they attributed them all to the same family. They lived very close to the woods, very blue collar. There was nothing affluent about their lifestyle. That's the pattern. But if you got somebody out there living in a mc mansion with a lot of recreational vehicles and affluent lifestyle, they don't seem to have as much of the ongoing experience as the people who are just living in the woods in much more unassuming circumstances. Alan and April were definitely of that guilt. I couldn't help but feel that the Sasquatches had taken them, I don't know, not really under their wing, into their trust because they weren't trying to shoot at them, they weren't trying to capture them and trap them. They did consent to my camera work, but they would always abandon the activity location when I put a camera there, So we were moving their cameras all over the property, chasing the activity. And that is also a bit of a pattern, is that if you put cameras out there, it's probably a deal breaker rather than something that's going to bear fruit. So I tell people to maybe try not doing the cameras, or get rid of the cameras for a while and see if the activity returns. It seems two thing out when you put out cameras, and if you get rid of the cameras, then after a while they come back. It does seem over and over again that they don't like the idea of the cameras. The people in Oklahoma who didn't like the activity, I was there for a conference and I met one of them. They said, yeah, we still have it, and what do you think we should do. I don't want them around. I'd rather they just I find them to be a menace to my family. I said, in my experience, that brings things to a screeching.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: I never heard back from them about how it all went, but I have given that advice a few more times is if you don't want it, put out cameras, but if you want them to come around, you might take it easy on the cameras. They're not starving. Food is not of critical importance. I find that if one wants to habituate them that you leave out trinkets, flowers, feathers and things seem to manifest most frequently at trail junctions, but sometimes near a building out behind the barn. So there was one place down in Cotty Grove where they were having repeat activity, and we started putting out. First it was little trinkets, then it was colored rocks. So then we started playing tic tac toe. We put some cedar sticks in the shape of a little hashtag tictac toeboard. We left two piles of rocks, each of a different color, and we put our first rock on the corner spot, and then darned if a rock didn't come back on the other corner and two or three moves into it. Rather than adding another rock, they moved one of arm. I was like, wait a minute, that's not how this game is, but we were actually getting some response to this kick tack toe business. Again, we were taking great pains to make sure that it wasn't the local residency, that no one was playing games with us, but you're never one hundred percent sure. Then we started putting out scrabble pieces and spelling words. One of the words that we spelled a short phrase, are you there or are you coming around? We came back the next day there were the scrabble pieces that said why three s, but the three was turned around so that it functioned like an e. All this suddenness they can read and there you know, there are some very fun things to do that don't cost you anything, and they may bear more promising result than a bunch of expensive cameras and listening equipment. It does seem that sound that they're okay with. They'll make noises, they'll allow you to audio tape them. But video film deal breaker.
Speaker 1: There's something else that's always interested me. I want to get your thoughts on this is these tracks I have found single tracks on our property. I've found multiple tracks on our property, but these single track finds that people have often I've even explained it done some follow up videos with people. Sometimes it's just as simple. This part of the substrate is moist after rainfall because it's lower than this. If something steps six inches over here, it's not going to leave a track. But there are documented cases in the past that I've talked to people that have seen these trackways that are in the middle of a field.
Speaker 4: Sometimes there's snow on the ground.
Speaker 1: These trackways go on and then they just seemed to vanish or stopping into the mid track. Can you talk a little bit about what you've experienced or have you experienced that in your research and what do you make of that.
Speaker 4: Back in the early nineties when John Green was around, he told me of situations like that where the track just abruptly and the assumption was at the time that they were very astutely backing out of the situation by stepping in their own tracks backwards, backing up. That seemed like a reasonable possibility. One thing that had been seen by a guy in Colorado He saw a sasquatch that was brushing its tracks with a branch, presumably to eradicate them so they know they leave track, was his conclusion. He was also aware of his situation where he felt the female presumably female overstep the young track in order to obscure it, in other words, covering up the youngsters tracts with her own and.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Now, grizzly bears do that. We are told by guys like Rick Bass, who researched the grizzlies up in Montana near Libby. He says, Oh, yeah, they are aware of their tracks and they know to be careful about leaving them in situations where you're close to civilization residential establishment. Yes, wildlife biologists will corroborate some of that with other species. But in my view, when it comes to the sasquatch and the single tracks, that's a calling card. They know very much they're doing it for whatever reason, they're leaving that track for one to find. I think it is axiomatic among a lot of the researchers that I have been involved with that they know that you're looking for them. In other words, while we stalk them, they stalk us. So it is a two way street. They are aware of guys like myself, Cliff whoever, going around and skulking about in their habitat. Why they leave a track for us to find? Sometimes I don't know. But in some cases I found that it is so conspicuous and so perfect that it looks deliberate. I can't get inside their brain and know what they're doing, but I think they're just basically saying, take that, bastard, figure it out. Maybe it's a sense of humor, but I do think in some cases these single tracks especially are done as a calling card, indicating and tell playfulness, awareness of the researchers that are pursuing them.
Speaker 1: There seems to be a common theme with that with sasquatch. The more I get into it, the deeper I go. One more question before we move into Planet Strange, your latest book and talk about that, I want to talk a little bit about woodknocks, because this is something that I've moved around on myself.
Speaker 4: I've talked to people that believe that.
Speaker 1: Actually I've talked to a couple of people who claim to have witnessed Bigfoot making these sort of sounds with their mouth and not hitting a tree with a stick or a ball bad. Of course they don't have bats in the woods. I'm pretty much moving in that direction because I've heard wood Knox a couple of times here on our property, and I've also heard them while I was up on expedition in Radium, BC, Canada last year. What is your take on the woodknox? Do you think it's plausible that these things are coming from their mouth and they're not using rocks or sticks to hit trees?
Speaker 4: Very definitely, simply because when you in the wood knocks, when they're moving around in the woods, they're always perfect. But when you try to make them yourself, you realize that you have to find the right tree, and you definitely have to have the right stick in order to get a nice resonating knock. And almost every stick you pick up on the ground is too soft and partially rotten to make a good knock like a Louisville slugger would. So there's one problem is they're too perfect as they move around when one tries to emulate those knocks. The only way you can do it reasonably is Number One, pick the right size tree. Cedar seems to be the best. Have just the right stick. A nice dry hickory baseball bat does work best. Two problems though, Number One, it's bad for the tree. It damages the tree to be hitting the canbium like that. I don't think the sasquatcher are whacking the trees now. Back in the day in the nineties, when I was putting cameras at Alan in Aprils and investigating the habituation site, I sat there all night with a baseball bat, knocking on a tree. Always three knocks, three knocks, three knock. Did that until four thirty in the morning. I drove home, barely able to make it with exhaustion. As soon as I got home to my house and got out of the car, the sun just barely coming up over the horizon. Five in the morning. I got on my car, I slammed my door, and from the woods in the back of my property came three perfect knocks. Clearly they were toying with me. But how that communication happened between Allan and Aprils one hundred miles away. I'm making tree knocked all night and then I get home and there's three knocks. Did they follow me home? I had one person who said, no, Tom, they went into the orb phase and they got in your car and they rode home with you. Anyway, that's how the Whoop people would stay. But yes, definitely the knocks. I'm not being done with a stick. And if one takes a pair of gloves, he gloves work the best, and cut your hands. Then make a circular or oval shape with your lips, open mouth, and you clap your hands together in front of your open mouthed cavity. You can make a very good tree knock. But it does help to have really thick, meaty hands or a pair of thick gloves like ski gloves. But it works. So why would one carry this stick around when you didn't need to. I'm absolutely convinced that it's a vocal feat that they're doing. Definitely they're not whacken trees, no way, nohow. I know I'm going to be grabbing some gloves out and practicing that when we get off of the podcast right to see if I can do it. Gloves work better. You can't do it with your hands. You got to do it right in front of your lips, and I not just smack your mouth with your hands as you're coming to get something like that right there.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely going to learn how to do that. Speaking of Strange, let's get into Planet Strange. Now, this isn't you're runner the Mill Bigfoot book. There's all kinds of things in this book. So tell us a little bit about the synopsis of the book. What made you write this book at this point in time in your life?
Speaker 4: First of all, because I got three books that treat the Bigfoot subject in different ways. So I think I've said about all I have to say about that project. So this one, my fourth book, is a departure from that. Although Bigfoot makes mention on the first page in that, I offer that the thing that bothered me the most about the Sasquatch phenomenon is where do they go when they want safe haven? We find these teepee like structures in the middle of the woods, but there's just no way know how those provide any means of a meaningful shelter. They seem like markers, but they're not domiciles or anything like that. It's maybe looks like a tpee without the ide covering or something. How's anyone going to get in out of the weather that way? And these Native American sources I got with say, yeah, idiot, they go underground. So then I started looking into this idea of this subterranean realm, this place where the Sasquatch emanate from first, we just suppose that it was caves and so forth, But then when you overlay it with what people are running into in the UFO phenomenon, they're also of the feeling that in some cases they see the UAPs or whatever they call them these days, coming out of the water, coming out of the ground. So it got me wondering about just how sophisticated this underground realm could be. So that is really what the book addresses in a nutshell, but each chapter goes into a different aspect of why or how or when these underground citadels were established. I basically conclude that powerful entities came to this planet one hundred thousand years ago approximately and established themselves subterranean on this planet. They still reside here. Not every UFO comes from across the galaxy, but they are emanating from within the planet. The only other possibility is that the planet itself is alive and it is generating these paranormal phenomena. But either the planet itself is alive or there are living beings that dwell within the planet. And since it's hard for me to imagine how a planet can be alive and intelligence, I end up with the view that there are intelligent beings that have established themselves subterranean. There's a hierarchy, and I think that the most powerful entities are the ones we ordinarily associate with the Ufoe T phenomena, and the Sasquatch, to some extent, do the heavy lifting. They are the guardians. They watchful eyes on the planet, but they do not call the shots. There is a more powerful set of entities that direct the Sasquatch. Not all Sasquatch oblige them with their cooperation, and in many cases the surface traveling Sasquatch are either escapees who have just left the underground relemance that I'm tired of being a lackey, I'm out of here, or maybe they are allowed time off to just go around and cruise the surface before they got to get back to work subterraneum. Curiously, when the Sasquatches are cited in Oregon, it's almost always its scenic places, crater lay, parts of a cascade, mountains, a pretty mountain lake. Henry Franzoni used to say, I got no problem with the idea that they're just on vacation. They got the time off and they're just trucking around just like we would. Gotta love the way Henry thought.
Speaker 1: I interviewed him last August on the show, and then just a couple of months later, his book came out and I went to the mailbox and there was a signed copy with a special note from Henry in the book. He is definitely one of the great voices that has gone from this community and this discourse.
Speaker 4: His newest book is called Failing in a Cooler Way, Why I Never Found Bigfoot. I really recommend that book to anybody who wants to delve into a paranormal author who gets as far out there as perhaps anyone has yet. It was definitely a mentor of mine. He did not necessarily lead me into the paranormal, but he validated my observations and suspicions when I started realizing that there is a paranormal aspect to the Sasquatch. It maybe that they're twentying with us, They're tricking us. They have tricks up their sleeve, the likes of which are difficult to completely understand. But they're very good at tricking and trapping us even while we're doing the same to them. And Henry was the first one to encourage me to develop that thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had so many strange experiences, a lot of which he shared during that episode. If you guys missed that episode, I'm actually going to re air it in Henry's honor in the next week or so. I'm already working on and putting that together. It was episode originally three forty seven of the show from last August, so you guys keep an eye on that. I'll be dropping it over the next couple of weeks for Henry.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this. You talk about in your book.
Speaker 1: You touch on the idea that some of these ancient structures were built using advanced technology. Is there any evidence that you found to be the most compelling for that theory?
Speaker 4: Definitely the pyramids. There is no way the Egyptians built those pyramids. The pyramids were located in Egypt because of something having to do with the centers of land masses and the powers that the earth contains. But a bunch of Egyptians who did not even have wheels could not have moved fifty ton blocks. In some cases, the blocks removed five hundred miles. Those are the blocks that make the center of the pyramid, which is built in such a way that it does not bear the way of the surrounding structure. Therefore, the inner section of the pyramid, which is built out of red granite from five hundred miles away, vibrate independently of the limestone that is, basically the other ten million blocks that make up the pyramid. There is just no way. The Egyptians, who were little more than hunter gatherers at the time, even if they had organized society, they didn't have the manpower to do that kind of work, nor did they have the motivation to do it. And the pyramids were not tombs. No mummy or mummified remains has ever come out of a pyramid. Those all come from the Valley of Kings. Those tombs are decorated and full of ornate and expensive stuff that Pharaoh was going to use in the afterlife. None of that comes out of the pyramids. The pyramids were power plants. Electrical and chemical engineers look at the pyramids today are able to identify a means by which that pyramid could produce energy. So some very sophisticated group of beings built those, And in order to build them, they had to have had the ability to move extremely heavy objects with some sort of I don't know what anti gravity, sound vibration. There are different ideas about how that was done. But the pyramid phenomenon as it exists worldwide in Central America and Mexico, Central Europe, there are pyramids all over the place. They predate who still don't have the capability to build those pyramids, nor do we have the motivation to do that. How they were done in ancient times. Really, I think is just one example of how a very powerful group of entities put some structures on this planet for purposes that we are just barely beginning to understand. Maybe it's been.
Speaker 1: Your research into Bigfoot, maybe it was writing this book, But is anything that you've done over the last several decades, and all the research that you've done into Bigfoot, in some of these other non human entities that are more than likely here on Earth with us right now, has it changed your personal views on the nature of reality and maybe even human vanity's place in the universe.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more sasquat chat to see we'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Yes, in that I think we were of course put here. So this creation idea that Genesis and everything I grew up as a Catholic school kid, and we were told that God made Adam and then Eve from one of his bones, and the angels are from up there and the devils are down there, but they know each other. As preposterous as all that seemed to me in my teenage young adult years, it is interesting how so much of that scripture can be interpreted similarly to what the Sumerians, the Egyptians, the Indians as in India the subcontinent. They all have these creation myths. They all have this view that we can from within the earth. Almost every Native American tribe describes their origin as being from that. We naked from within the earth, and we were put here then left to our own devices by a group of entities that still checks in Anathasi. Same thing. They came from somewhere within the earth, according to their creation myth, and then they return to the earth. And that is why the Anisazi are not around today. Now anthropologists are going to dispute that and go, nah, they move out. They went to Mexico and it's okay, but they built a whole bunch of stuff and then just walked away from it shortly after it was done over and over again. These bits of information, always unverifiable, seemed to point to some kind of subterranean realm.
Speaker 1: It definitely sounds like a fascinating subject that most people would want to get into. Tell us where we can find the book. Where's the best place for him.
Speaker 4: To go and get it? I guess just Amazon. I hate to give Jeth Bezels any more money than he's already got, but he's got a great distribution network, and there it is on Amazon Planet strained, it's on Barnes and Noble. They're pretty big in their own right, but they're not Jeff Bezos. Hangar one is the name of the publisher AAR in Minneapolis, Minnesota. As you well know, the cooba there is Doug Hicheck. I don't know whether she mails out individual copies, but I can't possibly keep enough books around here to be sitting there mailing amount of people one at a time. I guess I just have to play ball with Amazon, Barnes and Noble. I do try to get the books into the hands of independent bookstores, so that's a bit of a campaign of mine. But the book has only been out since late June. The distribution is still pretty limited, but we're worrel all the time. I'm really happy with this publisher hanger one a Doug and his son Alex. I check they're really one hundred percent behind these paranormal topics. Baby. When it comes to this Planet's Strange, it's paranormal plus.
Speaker 1: I'll make it easy for you guys. All the links will be right there in the show notes. All you got to do is click the link and get your copy of Planet Strange right now. Tom Powell, thanks so much for coming on the show man. I've had a blast talk of to you. Pleas was all mine.
Speaker 4: Good luck with your podcast. I will invite people to if they feel like they have something or got a question. I will take email. I don't check it every day, but it's Ehom dot pow e l at yahoo dot com. So it's Tom dot pwell, but you better remember the eight and Tom it's the Welsh spelling. Thanks Brian, nice talking to you. Look forward to hearing from you again.
Speaker 5: Say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay and I don't want to be alone.
Speaker 6: World up it Try this chart.
Speaker 5: That chart everything came right back, right back the joy for me.
Speaker 6: Joy stay right there come it right away. Snass still Star games says, says, Stay still names games and games. Stasssts things, stems James